All Grown Out

Printer-friendly version

Grown Out.JPG
All Grown Out
by Maryanne Peters

AttachmentSize
PDF icon All Grown Out with imbedded images407.59 KB
up
120 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Gimmie a head with hair!

You are getting much better with your short stories. There is a real story there, with a proper beginning, middle and end. Much more enjoyable.

This one also touches something close to my heart - long, beautiful hair. My late partner's hair was long enough to sit on, I found it incredibly sexy. I was trying to catch up with her, but she was killed before I got anywhere close. I kept going in memory of her, but it stopped of its own accord at about belt length (low rise jeans). We have a Mennonite group outside of town, and the women follow the tradition of not cutting their hair. For awhile I think they were the only ones with longer hair than me. But if they'd ever gone in and had just the split ends cut they'd have lost a very noticible length.

Unfortunately, when the doctors had to go in and replace a section of my skull that had delaminated due to damage from the car accident I was in years ago, they had to shave off a good six inchs or so of my hair. I briefly considered keep the rest but in the end told them to just cut it all off and send it to Locks Of Love. I don't think I'll ever get it as long as it was, not enough time left.

Thanks for a pleasurable story that brought back some fond memories.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Another Gem

littlerocksilver's picture

Thank you for pleasant easy read.

Portia