Time Twisted Twins - Chapter 12

Printer-friendly version

What happened on Warblington station platform after Rachel left her sister Glenda there.


Chapter Twelve

Glenda tried not to shake as she stared across the tracks to the train Rachel would be sitting in. With the early afternoon sun falling on the carriages’ windows she couldn’t see through them to see if her sister was sitting on the other side of one of those panes of glass. What was she supposed to tell their Mum? She glanced at the note clenched in her hand afraid it would burn her. Would she get beat tonight for not stopping Rachel from running away?

When had the bottom fallen out of her life? To think her biggest worry had been her little sister getting promoted into the same class as her. No, she couldn’t lie to herself. Her biggest worry was her little sister getting promoted forms ahead of her, and leaving her dumb sister behind in the dust, as she had left Sally years ago. How petty, no how pathetic to worry about something so trivial and small. If she was beaten she deserved it for all the cruel things she had done to Rachel. If Rachel could laugh at her Mum as she was punished then she could too.

As she watched the far train pull away, stealing her sister from her, she made a promise to herself. She would be a better sister. She would take the punishment the way Rachel showed her to take it. She would not show fear. Glenda hugged herself as she started shaking, and tears began to slide from the corner of her eyes toward her cheeks. She couldn’t fix her Mum or Misses Fowler and Miss Fowler who would find no target to attack but her, as Rachel had run away.

Her sister took their three pronged attack every Tuesday and Friday and she had gleefully enjoyed the torment they leveled on Rachel. She deserved the attack as she had never defended her little sister. Worse, she had felt it was deserved for being wrong, evil, odd…

The announcement that, “The next train arriving was for Chichester, stopping at Emsworth, Southbourne, Nutbourne, Bosham, Fishbourne and Chichester only. Change at Chichester…” Broke into her meltdown enough so Glenda could woodenly alight the train and sink into the first empty seat she found. She stared off the lad that was thinking of taking the empty seat beyond hers against the window. Thankfully the streaks of running tears and the pain in her eyes, was able to communicate to him to not try to force his way against her legs, or ask her to scoot over from the aisle seat.

It would be so easy to just stay on the train Glenda thought. Which stop should she take? Should she sit to Chichester? There would be a conductor checking the tickets. Could she hide in the loo? Could she get to Nutbourne before her student pass was checked? If the conductor just glanced at her pass…

Was she really going to run away and leave Sally to get beat? She was the eldest and it was high time she protected her younger sisters. She had just promised herself that, and yet here she was thinking on how to avoid a little pain. Hopefully it wouldn’t be too painful. Rachel took it, and she was three years older.

She was scared. Unable to tough it out she curled into herself on the seat and allowed herself to cry. “Hey, we need to get off at this station? We’re at Emsworth. Glenda, where’s Rachel?” Glenda lifted her head and saw Misses Wilson in the aisle next to her seat. Beyond her Mum’s aerobics friend the Emsworth station sign on the platform could be seen through the train window. Glenda quickly grabbed her bag she’d nearly missed her station. “Why’re you here?” Glenda asked in worry.

“Where’s Rachel, Glenda?” Lauren asked worried Rachel had done something stupid. She’d wanted to catch the earlier train after shopping in Portsmouth, but had managed to miss it. She had ended up on the train the girls would get onto at Warblington station instead of being on Warblington station platform when they arrived to catch this train. Knowing she couldn’t hope to pick out two girls in a sea of school children all dressed alike, she’d sat at one end of the train. Then as the train left Warblington station she began her trek up the train and found Glenda sat in the last carriage. Ensuring the two of them at least got off the train at the right place she began to think what she needed to do.

Obviously Rachel wasn’t on the train and likely this problem was why Glenda was so distressed. It would seem her friend was right to think she had messed up something fierce with Rachel. She’d begged her to get her daughters home so she didn’t have another public row at this station. Now she needed to get answers from Glenda to know what to do.

Guiding the distraught girl to a bench she placed her shopping bags down and encouraged the girl to sit and be hugged. Unfortunately she needed to know about Rachel and couldn’t give the girl the time and love she needed to be given. “Glenda, I need to know where Rachel is.”

Glenda became aware she was sat on one of the Emsworth platform benches being hugged by Misses Wilson that wanted to know about how she had messed up and lost Rachel. She’d been all set on what to say to Mum and to hand her the note. The note! Glancing at her hands she saw the crumpled note was still tightly held in her hand, and just handed it to Misses Wilson.

Lauren opened the crumpled paper and read Sarah’s note. Relief flooded in. Well as soon as she got Glenda home she would call Sarah’s parents and everything would be remedied. Luckily it seemed that Rachel and Belinda could have some time apart to cool down, and it hadn’t got as far out of hand as Belinda had been worried it had. Popping the note in her hand bag and hugging Glenda to her she stroked the young girl’s back. “What say we get you home for a nice cup of chocolate milk? We can get some from Spar on the way home in case your Mum doesn’t have any.”

Glenda was laughing and joking with Misses Wilson as they walked home when Misses Wilson suddenly stopped, and pulled Glenda close. “Glenda, I need you to not mention the note. Rachel is at her friend's, Sarah’s house to study together for the half term exams. This was planned by your Mum and Sarah’s parents to allow Rachel time with her friend. Nothing bad happened last night. If they say, or you hear Sally said something about last night, say Sally got upset because Rachel and your Mum had an argument, and Rachel was sent to bed without tea after a couple of spanks for being naughty.”

“What, no Mum used a belt and a shoe and she wouldn’t stop, and Rachel laughed at her saying she was weak…

“Glenda do you love your Mum?” Glenda took a moment to think if she said yes would she get hit like Rachel was, but she had agreed she deserved it and she let it happen to Rachel. “This is important Glenda. If you don’t say what I said then you will be taken from your Dad, from your sisters. You do want to stay as a family with Rachel and Sally?”

“Yes, Misses Wilson, I will protect Rachel and Sally. They are my little sisters even if Rachel is smarter than me and seems older…

“Then please Glenda for me, and your Mum, and Sally, and Rachel. Last night Rachel and your Mum had an argument, but her only punishment was going to bed without tea and a couple of smacks. Sally got distraught over it, as Rachel laughed at the punishment, and Sally got scared thinking Mum might get angry and had nightmares about the punishment, and came to sleep in your bed because she was scared.” Lauren waited holding her breath, letting it go when she saw understanding cross Glenda’s eyes and the girl nod her head while firming her resolve.

“Yes, Rachel is studying with her bestfriend Sarah. Sally had a nightmare. Rachel was only sent to bed without tea after a couple of smacks. What Sally said there was a shoe? No, she had a nightmare, but I held her and helped her go back to sleep.”


--oo0oo--

“I wished I had gone to my friend’s house. I have exams tomorrow too. I’ve not eaten tea or dinner. You keep asking me the same bloody questions. No my Mum and Dad have never abused me or my younger sisters. The only abuse I’ve ever had my entire life is this evening from you bastards. I had to get naked so you could look at my body, and I’ve had to listen to your lies and threats. I WANT TO GO HOME!”

“Glenda, we need to ensure your home is a safe place first. Sally has said things that completely disagree with everything you’ve said…

“Everything! There is a lie from you too, now. Sally had a nightmare last night. I know because she came to my bedroom and told me about her fears…

“What did Sally say exactly?”

“I was asleep when she came. It was the middle of the bloody night. I think she was worried that as Rachel was laughing when punished… Which is usual, Rachel always acts strong and like she can never be hurt… I think Sally had a nightmare of the punishment being worse...

“A nightmare caused because your Mum lost it and attacked Rachel violently due to Rachel taunting her?” One of the two women in the room with Rachel pounced.

“No, Mum just sent Rachel to bed without tea, but I think Sally’s nightmare might have been different. I just calmed her down and said soothing things until Sally fell asleep. I hugged her. Is that allowed or can a sister not hug her younger sister who had a nightmare?”

“Glenda we can’t help you if you keep lying.”

“That’s rich. I catch you two bloody lying and you accuse me of lying. Well I haven’t lied, and I won’t lie to tell you what you want to hear. I just bloody well want to go home with my sister and my perfect Mother who is so much better than you lying bitches, it is no comparison. You want to know if I’ve been abused. Then yes, this bloody evening for the first time ever by all the fucking staff in this joke of an office, and I will say that to the bloody judge when I finally get to meet him.”

Margaret sighed, for all she was sure Glenda was lying, she hadn’t said anything that could be used to prove she was. After Misses Stillman’s friend arrived even that source of information dried up as she regained confidence. Even apparently forgetting that the daughter she allegedly beat was going over to a best friend’s house when Sally had said before her sister was friendless and Misses Stillman hadn’t corrected her. It was convenient that contact information for the Parkers was at the Stillman’s home.

Misses Thatcher from Warblington High School had called in the concern for child abuse, and Margaret was sure abuse had happened. Unfortunately, Glenda and Misses Wilson had been strong sources of denial. How Misses Wilson was able to coach Glenda in the trip from station to home… No, she’d been shopping at Portsmouth if she was on the train… What if she was at Warblington station and bundled Rachel off with Sarah so they couldn’t examine the girl. Then she would have the time at the station and train journey to Emsworth too, to coach the girl.

So they had one child’s tale that would come across as a nightmare, as the girl had a nightmare of the event. A good solicitor would be able to do exactly what Glenda had done making it seem a nightmare only. Not a nightmare caused due to a traumatic event that actually happened. Misses Wilson must have coached Mother and daughter, and during the initial raid without her friend Misses Stillman nearly confessed, unfortunately Misses Wilson arrived with a perfectly coached daughter and a perfect excuse to stop them examining the abused girl.

They would have to let the woman leave with her friend and daughters. She’d try to get her supervisor to allow pulling Rachel from school tomorrow. Hopefully they could find some proof of abuse.

up
73 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yay! Time Twisted Twins is awesome.

WillowD's picture

I am so, SO glad to see Fallen Leaf has published two chapters of this story recently. Both Time Twisted Twins and She's a B... Witch are among the 70 or so stories that I have enjoyed the most on BCTS. I really wish that more people were reading these stories. I find they both make awesome reads.

Thank you Fallen Leaf

I agree

I don't comment very often but Time Twisted Twins and B*Witch are two of my favorites im happy to see chapters being posted and love reading them. It's a shame more people don't leave kudos or comments

EllieJo Jayne

A prayer to the Goddess of Great Stories

WillowD's picture

I pray that you will inspire Fallen Leaf to write more chapters, because I'm a greedy reader who loves to read great stories and Fallen Leaf writes some of the best.

Fallen Leaf, I hope you are weathering the COVID-19 crisis OK.

Pray, pray, pray, pray...

WillowD's picture

Barring a pause to re-read the entire story. Ah, I do love this story. I hope it gets continued.

I still hope you are doing OK Fallen Leaf.

They don't get it

Jamie Lee's picture

Lying to child services only let's mom continue what she did to Rachel. While being taken away if the truth had been told sounds terrible, letting mom continue to get away with beating one of the girls is far worse. Far worse because that girl could end up dead if mom went beyond what she did to Rachel.

Rachel has already endured be changed from an adult man to a ten-year-old. Must she suffer more at the hands of a woman who can't come up with a punishment that doesn't involve beating her?

At some point the whole truth may come out and that will shock many, if not upset them. She needs to be with someone who understands they are not dealing with a typical ten year old, but an adult in a child's body. Someone who knows how to treat Rachel and not try and use brute force to make Rachel do what she has no interest in.

Others have feelings too.