Masks 22: Addendum

Printer-friendly version

This goes between the last chapter segments about the thing in the ice and the shooting of Mr. Gone.

Finally back in the small Detroit apartment she shared with Michelle, Vic acted strangely the first day. However, the next day was the last one before classes restarted, and Vic made sure to catch Michelle at a time when she had nothing important going on.

"Now that all that holiday stuff and the Moldarian treasure recovery are over," said Vic, uncharacteristically both nervous and serious, "I have something important to ask you."

"Oh?" said Michelle, thinking she knew what was coming but hiding her eagerness.

Her suspicion was confirmed when Vic got down on one knee and held out an open box with a ring in it.

"Will you marry me?"

"Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!" said Michelle, yanking Vic to her feet and kissing her.

"Whew..." said Vic, when they finally broke for air.

"You surely didn't think I'd turn you down, did you?" said Michelle, smirking and cuddling with Vic.

"I didn't know," said Vic, with a weak smile. "I've never done this before."

"When do you want to do it?" said Michelle, obviously eager.

"How about Spring Break in March?" said Vic.

"That's three months," said Michelle, frowning.

"I know it's a long time to wait, but..."

"No, no, no, you poor, clueless, former boy," said Michelle, grinning. "I'm worried that may not be enough time for all the prep work. But! I'll make do."

"Oh," said Vic, a bit confused but more relieved. "Anyway, you can thank Constantine for the size of the main stone in that ring. He insisted on giving me and the folks in Tricorne rewards. We all chose relatively modest items, rather than money, but he got generous even with those."

"You were already planning to ask me then?" said Michelle.

"Well before that, actually. Anyway, he gave me a ring with a brilliant cut diamond nearly twice the size of what I asked for. I mean, I couldn't just turn it down, could I?"

"Hah! No. You be sure and invite him to the wedding, too. I know he won't come, but let him know he's welcome and that we also count that stone as his wedding gift to us."

"Good idea."

up
51 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I wouldn't be so sure on him

I wouldn't be so sure on him not coming or at least not sending a delegate in his place,

MMmmmaaayyybeee...

Stickmaker's picture

MMmmmaaayyybeee...

Just passing through...