Christmas Scrambled - 6

Printer-friendly version


Christmas Scrambled - 6


By Jessica C


Teenage boy loses his cool on Christmas Eve morning…
With Girlfriend’s encouragement, Matt to become Marti and enjoy his penitence…
Now he’s deciding to remain as Marti until New Year’s Day...


=^_^=~


Marti confesses, “That was fun, but I think once was enough. You should have felt the rush I had getting that applause and feeding off the audience as I sang. I know I didn’t sound that close to either one, but I felt like I did.”

She turns to Darby, “I know you’ve imagined yourself as Taylor Swift and as Carrie Underwood. I feel like I understand a little of what you felt.”

Essie speaks up, “What do you mean, you did really well. Hope had you made-up real well for both Carrie and Taylor. I was very surprised by how much you sounded and gestured like each of them.”

Darby says, “Don’t tell us that you didn’t enjoy singing and being either of those beautiful women?” I guess an expression that came onto my face showed even that thought tickled my fancy.

My biggest disappointment was that Essie went home with her parents and I went home with my family. Grandma, who would be going home in the morning, was happy for me. “When we get back to your house Matt, I have your Christmas gift. I want to thank you for being so good this Christmas. You made what could have been a terrible time, extra special. I will never forget this Christmas.”

I hugged her and we laughed as my makeup rubbed off on her a little. She asked, “How do you like being cute?”

My Grandmother is no old fuddy-duddy; she’s in her sixties but as Mom says she looks to be in her forties. “Your Grandfather might have had trouble with this, but I think it is super a boy gets to experience the other side. That you did well as a female impersonator should have added to the fun of it all… I was wondering if you might come and visit me so we might go out for lunch or dinner sometime with you as Marti.
I don’t think you’re going to remain Marti, but I saw a glow in you that indicated you might like to crossdress again.” Grandma waits for me to respond. I know my mother is close and may have been able to hear the question. I look to her.

Mom says, “As she said, we saw the sparkle in your eyes. We’d be naïve if we thought you wouldn’t consider it. Would you be interested in singing again as you did at the show?”

“Wait a minute, one question at a time,” I said. “Being out with Grandma near her place might be fun. I’ve always been jealous of Darby and doing that with her. It might be fun but I don’t want to embarrass you, Grandma.”

“Regarding singing as a girl again, maybe after people know that I’m not a girly boy."

Essie whispered “You should consider it for the spring variety show at school. Otherwise, no.”

The breast forms are still attached as I showered and got ready for bed. I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t a turn-on. Wearing protection to keep my hair dry was different. Darby waited until I was all ready for bed before she called me to her room to talk.

She was connected with Essie and Darby’s friend Hadley. It was Hadley’s first time seeing me as Marti and she giggled as expected. Darby and Essie shared in telling the story of my temper tantrum and how everything unfolded.

Hadley seriously asked, “So have you always been transgender and are only now being open about it?”

The question embarrassed me and she saw my shock. “You looked surprised. I didn’t say it to be mean. You make a surprisingly good looking girl. When you were a freshman you were in the musical and sing as one of the younger girls in the Sound of Music, didn’t you?”

Flustered I replied, “Yes, but I’m just having fun. I am not a girl; my sister and Essie can both vouch for that!”

Hadley looks to Darby; I forgot Essie was connected, “Darby says you’ve been dressed like a girl since Christmas Eve.”

I say, “That’s because they suggested I remain a girl on Christmas Day, and well it would have been a hassle to be changing back and forth. I have since decided to wait until New Year’s Day to get back to wearing my clothes again.”

She says, “Interesting I guess we’ll see.

=^_^=


Friday was a different morning from the start as Mom woke me before seven. “Matt, you should get up and get into the shower or bath early. You should shave your legs if you’re wearing the skater skirt to go bowling. And you want to be in and out before your sister or cousin get into the bathroom.”

“Mom, should I quit this charade? Last night Hadley thought I was wanting to be a girl. I don’t want people to think things like that.”

“Well, Matt,” Mom says, “Word is already out that you’ve been dressing as a girl. Changing now is as likely to be seen as you trying to hide something. You might as well stay as Marti and show them you’re not embarrassed by what they think. You’ll be back to being yourself when school starts back up.”

“Take one of your sister’s new razors to get a nice smooth shave. Whether you wear leggings or pantyhose your legs will be thankful.” Mom is about to leave me alone to do what I choose when she turns at the door. “You’re not worried for yourself are you?” She smiled and closed the door behind her when I indicated I was okay.

I decided to take a quick bath and to use some of Darby’s bath oils. I enjoy the experience of shaving my legs one last time. Moving my hands over my legs to make sure they were smooth was as wonderful as pulling up stockings or leggings.

I was halfway through brushing out my hair when Darby and Laurie were both wanting to go to the toilet or use the shower.

I asked if I could use their room to finish as was told I needed to wait until after breakfast. I unlocked the entrance from Darby’s room and asked them to wait until I was back in my room. I heard Darby do a quick count to five as she was opening the door.

=^_^=


Essie was over by one as we went to meet a group of girls to see the Season of Lights at the Convention Center. It's to continue through Sunday, and the girls wanted to get there before all the good giveaways were exhausted. Many displays were selling holiday clothes and other items were now half price. Darby insisted that I sign up for some of the giveaways to double her chances of getting something she wanted.

I was signing for one of the giveaways when the woman saw my name as Marti Carstens. “You’re the boy who sang at the Rendezvous. I am as impressed today as I was yesterday. You are Matt Carr from over at the high school nearby?”

She realized I didn’t want it as public information. “Okay, shush! I’ll keep your secret; though I think others will soon be hearing from you. If you win, will you be giving it to Darby, your girlfriend, or keeping it for yourself?” She apologized as soon as she asked, as it was none of her business.

Monica asked, “Would you be open to receiving this vial of a new perfume as a token of our appreciation?” When I said yes, she opened the vial seal and used its small wand to put some on the inside of my wrist. She encouraged me to rub my wrists together and rub them on my neck under my ears. “Now you’ll have to worry about your girlfriend or a boy getting too close.”

I had been to the Season of Lights show in prior years with family and a girlfriend, but I was usually done in half the time of others. Today, I took interest in the decorations and things like the doll displays. Instead of being able to hold Essie’s hand, we were talking more girl to girl. We voted on the decorations, the dolls, decorated gingerbread houses, and more.

=^_^=


We were about through the Season of Lights display when a TV newsperson approached us asking, “How did you girls like this year’s Seasons of Lights?”

She smiled as I said, “I think it was the best I’ve seen.”

“May I ask you a question Marti, it is Marti isn’t it?” I paused not knowing what to say or how she knew of me… “One of our people heard you were a female impersonator at the Rendezvous the other night.” Essie tugged at me to leave, but I was still wondering how she knew of me. “They say you did very well and that indicated this is something you have practiced at.”

I responded, “It’s Sara Broylin with channel 9, isn’t it? I’m sorry but I’m afraid of what I’ve done being taken out of context.”

I started to walk away, when she stepped closer and asked, “First hear me out, and if you decide to leave I’ll accept that. I think what you have done takes nerve. From someone close to me, I know you are in drama. And while this wasn’t probably planned it took someone strong like yourself to pull it off. We have an hour program Sunday morning. I’d like to have you as our guest this Sunday or next. That way you’ll have time to explain and even sing if you’d be willing.”

“But what I’ve done was a one-time thing, and I’m not transgender, or anything else. I got in trouble and did this just to be different. Nothing more or less.”

Essie was now next to me with her arm warped around mine in support. Sara asked her, “Young woman, do you think it would be okay for Marti Carstens to go on TV9 to share her story?”

Essie looks at me, “She’s just been having fun, nothing bad. However, going on TV is a big step, that would be her decision. She'd probably need her parents’ permission too.

Sara, “Marti what are their names that I might call and explain what I’m asking.”

“I don’t know, we’re to go bowling tonight, and you probably don’t have time to meet with them anyway.”

Sara says, “Let me do a feed, back to the studio in about 15 minutes, and then we can go.”

She asked my parents' name again and Essie quickly said, “Michael and Christine Carr.”

Sara said, “If that’s Professor Michael Carr we’re probably in luck as he's quite open-minded.”

I responded, “He wasn’t so open, to begin with when it was his son.” Sara smiled as she talked with Farley her cameraman. They talked with two women on camera. She also said there would be more for the late news and hopefully, a special announcement as they stopped their segment.

=^_^=


I had called my parents, kind of asking and kind of telling them that Sara Brolin from TV9 was coming over to visit with them about me. Mom’s immediate response was, “You might be in over your head. I hope you haven’t agreed to anything.”

Mom said, “Give us until 6:30 to be ready for her. Text me whether she prefers coffee, tea, or water.”

After her feedback to the station, Farley went to pack his camera and equipment back into TV’s Rav4. Sara walked with us as well as talking to others. I introduced Sara to the woman who saw me at the Rendezvous the prior night. Sara took notes as well as her name and contact information. She also had the woman sign a waiver.

We were five minutes early, and Mom’s smiling face indicated they were ready for us. I guess Sara had met my parents at University events. Sara said, “It is rare to have a high school boy open to talking and being out like this. It could help him as well as others to be on the program”

Sara is amused to learn how this started as a teenage boy’s fit about some gifts and hurt feelings with a grandmother. She said, “So Matt dressing as Marti snowballed from the morning to being made over and in a dress for the Christmas Eve service. Then going to his girlfriend’s church as Marti for Christmas mass… The Rendezvous tells us that Julia taped her Thursday performance, Would you mind if Julia allowed us to show a segment with you singing.”

I spoke up, “I haven’t agreed to be on your program.” Sara talked about regular teens who would be able to relate to parts of my story as well as those in the GLBT community.

Mom had news for me that I was being asked to show up and sing at a community New Year’s Eve celebration. When I reminded her that I said, I wasn’t singing in public again. Come New Year’s morning I was starting back as Matt.

Mom said, “You brought Ms. Sara Brolin here to talk about her show on Sunday morning, where you’re being asked to sing. And you were already planning on going out as Marti on New Year’s Eve, what is the big deal. Sunday morning you’re going to tell everyone about your week and Wednesday when you’re back to school as Matt that will give evidence to all that you’ve said… What’s the big deal, young woman?”

To be continued…

up
140 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Not sure

I am not sure if Matt is just Matt anymore. It seems that Marti is showing up more and more. She is taking on a more feminine look at things. With her slowing down at the Season of Lights. rather than rushing through as he normally did. I would think that a boy masquerading as a girl would behave like he normally does. Even getting impatient waiting on his girlfriend.

Marti may be hiding in the deep recesses of his mind.

Snow balling

Samantha Heart's picture

This is snow balling on Matt/Marti BIG TIME & with her parents kind of pushing things.... well I don't see a way out of it. She might as well do the show & get it over with, but highly DOUBT that will be the end of it.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Mom isn't listening at all

Jamie Lee's picture

What the hell is wrong with Matt's mom? Does she need hearing aids? Does she need to learn how to read lips?

Matt has said no more singing in public or hasn't said to be on Sara's program and mom hasn't heard a word.

Why is mom doing this, forcing Matt to do what he doesn't want to do? What if all this causes some to take exception and end up putting Matt into the hospital?

Is mom pushing all this in the hopes of having another daughter, despite what Matt to her and grandma?

Matt is at least seventeen, maybe eighteen, since he's a senior. When is mom going to stop treating him as an middle school kid? If he doesn't want to sing in public as Marti any more, then mom needs to honor his wishes, despite what mom wants. And if Marti is put to bed, then Marti doesn't emerge again.

Mom needs to back off, give him the same respect for his decisions as she'd want others to give her's.

Others have feelings too.

Christmas scrambled part 6

Marti is getting in deeper and deeper as time goes on

Girls rule