The Puppeteer: Revenge-broker - chapter 08

Printer-friendly version

 

The Puppeteer-Revengebroker coverart.png
People go about their lives in their own way. Some believe the world is against them. Some believe the world is their's. But when your world has been destroyed, what would you do? What would you pay, to get some part of it back. What would you pay, to balance those scales?
At what price; love? Safety? Sanity? Justice? At what price; Revenge?
*Warning- Does contain hyper-violence*

 

 

Chapter 8
client #821
"Everybody knows what you've been through."

 

Tabitha Darby sat with tears streaming down her face. Her computer had started pinging for her KnowMe page account. The latest social media platform was geared for teens. Being fifteen, Tabitha had an account. Her Bulletin Board had the usual postings; favorite songs, pictures of herself and with friends doing the expected activities. She also had snippets of improvised poems and musings. Typical teen cyber-litter.

For the past three hours though, instead of the usual chatter, she had been getting messages. People were trying to post on her Bulletin Board. The problem was what they were trying to post. None of it was either flattering or kind. The first post took her by surprise. A video clip. It was of her and a boy. His face was concealed due to the camera angle, over his shoulder, but her own was undeniable. What was happening was also undeniable. Sex. The thing that made it odd though, was her minimal response. Her eyes were closed and she wasn't making any sounds usually associated with sex. In fact, the only response from her couldn't be determined to be either arousal or discomfort. Another other oddity was seemly like three separate boys were trading off taking her. A hat worn backwards and faces turned away increased their identity concealment, but it was clear more than one male to be involved.

There were three serious problems with the video on her page. The first; she was under-age for such video to even exist. Secondly; she had been a virgin and hadn't wanted to have sex at all. Third, and lastly, she didn't remember any of it happening. Only having pain and deducing it had been from having it taken from her. Waking up and not being able to control herself brought on a panic. Even two hours later, when she was able to stumble into a hospital emergency room, the panic hadn't subsided. The inital assessment: rape. Two hours later it was official. Blood toxicology revealed GHB. Other news was both good and bad. The good; she was not ovulating. The bad; her rapist had an STD. Chlamydiae was the most common and easily treated of sexually transmitted diseases.

Because Tabitha was a minor and had been drugged for rape, a rush had been put on her kit. Unfortunately the results were negative. Her rapist's DNA profile was not in the system previously. Her mother had picked her up from the hospital and drove her to the police department. Now she sat home with bottle of antibiotic tablets, card for a rape counselor and a constant stream of messages and attempted postings on her page. She was being called a slut and a whore. She had been able to remove the video from her own page, but to her horror, discovered it had been posted on several other pages. Pages she had no control over. People she went to school with, but weren't friends and therefore no sympathy.

"What do I do?" Tabitha sobbed.

Abby, her mother, snatched up the phone beside her and called the police. It was Two in the morning when the doorbell rang and a detective called to announce himself.

"Myself and the A.D.A. Aguillar visited each person that had the video of your daughter on their page. They all knew she was under-age as she attends the same school and did not report it to us; they've been charged with child-pornography along with harassment. We'll get an injunction for the web-service, but it'll have to be in the morning. The problem is, the account that posted the video was created just before the posting and used an anonymous email service. It'll take time, but it is possible that we may not be able to find them using the hosting companies. Even if they are U.S. based. I'm sorry; it's all we have for now." Detective Ray Vaughan said sadly.

Across the room, the computer continued to ping incoming messages. Hector Aguillar could see the animosity building in the mother and look of hopelessness in the girl.

"You aren't going to like this, but I have to say it. Tabitha; please shut down your social media accounts. All of them. Get a new email address and set the spam filters to divert all but your contacts to the trash folder. Have only people you trust as contacts. Please don't think I'm uncaring. I do care. I will do everything I can. I'll go for all the law can give. I won't lie though, for you it may never seem to be enough." Hector told them sadly.

Tabitha sobbed. "Nothing? Nothing's going to happen?"

Hector knelt in front of her, held her hands gently. "Please. We will do all we can. I want to help you. I WILL help you. All I can. My cousin was attacked. She was younger than you. She survived. Became stronger. You can too. You have to fight it though. Don't let them win."

"How?" Tabitha sniffed.

Ray leaned forward. "You were given a card for a counselor?"

Abby nodded. "Claire Beaumont."

Hector patted Tabitha's hands. "I've met her. Claire's a very nice person. You'd think with a last name like Beaumont she'd be from the deep South, but actually she's from Rhode Island. She also understands you. Please call her. Claire can help you."

The next morning, Tabitha sat in a comfortable chair looking forlorn and suffering lack of sleep.

"Hector and Ray said I'd understand you. They weren't lying to you. I do understand you." Claire said softly. "I was raped once."

Tabitha looked up sadly. "You?"

"Yes. I was. In high school. Senior year, Homecoming night. A guy in the 'It Crowd' had a party after the dance. His family had money, of course, so he had a party place. He could also get alcohol. Lots of it. Simple story for me. He got me drunk and took me on the pool table. In front of everybody. If they hadn't kept forcing alcohol into me, they'd have actually gotten away with it. In fact, they almost killed me with alcohol poisoning. That was a mixed blessing. Because of that, an ambulance was called for me. He was able to plea-bargain and not go to jail at all. Pretty much a week later, nobody cared." Claire recounted.

"What did you do?" Tabitha asked.

Claire sighed. "Moved away to college, found a nice lady to talk about it with. Moved on. For a two years I pieced my life back together."

Tabitha looked at her. "Two years?"

"During my Junior year I got the shock of a lifetime. My rapist transferred in." Claire said flatly.

Tabitha clapped her hands over her mouth in shock. "No!"

"He did. Didn't take long to find out why. He'd gotten nailed for doing that at Ohio State. His grandfather shelled out a bucket of money to sweep it under the rug, but couldn't keep him there. His grades were acceptable and they never asked around so he got in. The only ones that could find out the real truth was a fraternity, but all they did was black-ball him and forbid him from coming to the house. Brotherhood thing; warning people about him was viewed as betraying the fraternity." Claire explained.

Tabitha looked defeated. "So nobody did anything."

Claire shook her head. "Not true. I did. I was in a sorority. One thing sororities have no problem sharing, are date-rape warnings. If you can prove it, they don't blow it off. I could, and did. Within an hour all sorority house had him on their list. Sororities have lists of guys to stay away from, most with pictures. He went to the top of those lists that night."

"That's good!" Tabitha said, hopeful again. "People knew, right?"

Claire sighed. "The sororities' girls knew. They didn't have to share."

Tabitha gave her a look of not comprehending that. In truth, she didn't.

"Sorority Black-listed boys don't get told why. Girls not in the sorority, if they find out a listing, rarely are told why. Most just assume cheating or something similar. Date-rape is still difficult to understand and not many girls think it could happen to them. Sororities don't share information like that with Fraternities unless there is some kind of official relationship. Nobody wants to give up inner-workings and secrets. Including secrets used to protect themselves or would destroy them. The one thing no sorority or fraternity wants is something that would revoke its charter. They will defend against that unless they can't stop it or find out it already happened. Then they do all they can to deal with it quietly or conceal it until any that could or would be affected are gone." Claire stated.

"Wasn't there anything that could be done? He could just go after other girls?" Tabitha asked.

Claire shrugged. "Some of the fraternities take warnings they find out about seriously. A few don't. It mostly depends on the chapter leadership. I couldn't just go to the campus police, he hadn't done anything to me there. What you know and what you can prove aren't always the same. People can change for the better. In many cases, unless they prove they haven't, you have to leave them alone. Criminals have rights. Unfortunately they know this and can often exploit those rights to continue on."

Claire knew that look of crushed in Tabitha's eyes and said. "I was lucky in choosing the college I did. They have a very active anti-rape group there. Women and very sympathetic men, taking courses for criminology and law, help. You don't find them, they find you. I was invited to tell them my story. I don't know what all they did, or how, but they were able to catch him two months later. He had joined a Frat that didn't pay attention to warnings or didn't know. They had regular parties and he was caught trying to rape a girl that was under-age and drugged. He had learned a new trick since me, sedatives. Once again, his family tried to cover up. This time they failed. He was convicted, as an adult this time, and went to prison. He wasn't well received, I heard."

Tabitha seemed glad. "It's good you got help. He didn't get away with it."

"And now I try to help others that it happens to. Like you." Claire reminded.

Tabitha told Claire her story. All she could remember and what she had learned since. Several times she broke down but managed to go on. When she finished, Claire didn't lie. She told her that hard days were ahead. Nights too. People she didn't know were going to treat her badly. Some would even blame her, saying that it was all her own fault.

That next day, Claire's words were prophetic. Obscenities were scrawled upon her locker, condoms had been stuffed inside. They weren't in their wrappers. Various people passed her in the halls muttering things just loud enough to be heard by her. Looks of contempt, disgust and sneers were everywhere she turned. Even the teachers seemed to want nothing to do with her, skipping her name during roll-call. In the afternoon she hid herself in a bathroom stall and was trying to gather some kind of composure. A few moments later it all came crashing down. Some girls had entered and began to gossip.

"Did you see that slut walking around?"

"Yeah. Can't believe she'd bother to come here after broadcasting what a whore she is. I mean, really! Plastering a fuck-video all over the place like that? Is she advertising or what?"

"Seriously! My boyfriend said that she had to be pulling trains to be so blah about it with the way the guy was going at her."

"She has to be so slack, a bat fits!" A girl spat in disgust.

Tabitha had both her hands over her mouth to hold in her sobs, how could they be saying all that about her? Her breaths from holding everything in were now coming fast and shallow. It started getting dim as the girls voices faded. The walls looked blurry and everything went black.

"Damn. Whoever it was, really did a number on her." An adult voice said.

Tabitha felt cold. She also felt wet. Her face felt tight and sore, as did her breasts, especially her nipples.

"She's coming around. Can you hear me?" A female adult voice asked.

Tabitha still felt light-headed. "What happened?"

That's when she understood she was naked and had some kind of liquid all over her. Her face felt tight and sore, as did her breasts, especially her nipples. That wasn't all. There was writing all over her body. Ink from markers. It took a minute for her vision to clear enough to see what was written and immediately fainted again. The nicest thing written on her was that she was a slut. When she woke up again, it was in her own bed. Her mother yelling and cursing at someone.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Darby; we just don't know who did it." A male voice said.

Abby screamed. "MY DAUGHTER WAS DRUGGED, RAPED AND INFECTED. ALL THAT BEING BAD ENOUGH, BUT THEN THEY POSTED IT ALL OVER SOCIAL MEDIA! NOBODY KNOWS WHO DID IT? MY ASS, MISTER FALLON! YOUR ENTIRE SCHOOL IS HIDING IT! PROTECTING THOSE ANIMALS THAT RAPED MY DAUGHTER! SHE WAS A VIRGIN, YOU INCOMPETENT SON-OF-A-BITCH! HOW DARE ANYBODY DO THIS TO HER AFTER THAT? I WANT THEM FOUND!"

"And just HOW do you suggest I do THAT, MRS. DARBY?" The Principal demanded hotly.

The voice that answered was absolutely cold. "I don't care. Find them. Or you will be regarded as the same as them. My lawyer is already on his way."

"Now see here!" Mr. Fallon protested.

"I DID SEE! EVERYBODY HAS SEEN! THEY SEEM TO THINK IT'S THE BEST THNG TO EVER HAPPEN AND WANT TO KEEP IT GOING! I WANT IT STOPPED! MY DAUGHTER DEFINITELY WANTS IT STOPPED! MAKE IT STOP!" Abby screamed then a slap was heard.

A moment later the front door slammed. Tabitha slowly got out of bed and cautiously went to the living room. Abby sat on the couch with her head in her hands sobbing now.

"Mom?" Tabitha asked hesitantly.

Abby looked up with tears streaming down her face then rushed over and grabbed her duaghter into a tight hug. "I'm sorry, baby! I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have let you go this morning!"

The doorbell interrupted them. Abby sat Tabitha down the answered the door. It was her lawyer.

"Oh Mick! Thank you for coming!" Abby gushed.

The attorney nodded. "Calm down Abby. Start from the beginning."

Abby told him all she knew and when she was done he shook his head sadly.

"I'm so sorry. This is beyond horrible." Mick look over to Tabitha. "I'm sorry Tabitha. I think you need to go see your counselor. Tonight if you can. Do you have her emergency number?"

Tabitha nodded. "I think it's on her card Mister Mackensie."

"Just Mick sweetie. Go get the card, we'll call together, ok?" Mick said kindly.

Tabitha liked Glen Mackensie, Mick. An kindly, older man with grey hair and soft blue eyes, he always made kids feel like they should call him Grandpa. He had handled her mother's divorce and custody case. He, however, was more vicious than a pitbull when it came to kids. He checked both sides out, to be sure a child was going to be in the best care, no matter which parent that was. He absolutely forbid the use of children as weapons between bitter parents.

An hour and a half later Claire arrived and was informed of the latest events. She took Tabitha to her bedroom and sat down on the floor with her.

"I thought I'd be ok enough. Why Claire? I don't understand. Why'd they do all that to me? Why won't anybody tell who those guys were?" Tabitha sobbed.

Claire sighed. "So many don't care about victims, until they become one themself. I wish it were different, but it isn't."

Tabitha whimpered. "It's not right! I want it to go away. I want my life back. I want....I want...I want them to feel like this!"

Claire went still and had a far-away look in her eyes. "You want that? Do you really want that? Revenge?"

Tabitha nodded as she sobbed.

Slowly Claire reached into her blouse and pulled a card from her bra. A card she had been carrying everyday for a year and half. A card she had hoped never to give.

"Take this." Claire said holding the card out slowly. "If you use this; there's no going back. Flame will show you the way."

Claire got up numbly and went out. Beside her car, she threw up.

Tabitha looked at the card in her hand. How could a dog grooming service help her? She was still trying to understand when her mother and Mick came in.

"Claire said; flame will show me the way. I don't understand." Tabitha said and saw all the color drain from Mick's face.

Abby saw the look of abject horror on Mick's face. "Mick? What is it? What's going on?"

"Abby. Tabitha. As your attorney, I must advise you, I can not know anything. I can not be involved with any persons connected to a card such as that. That is a Black Card. A card disguised as an individual or business that is innocent, but in reality is not. To know the real nature of such a card, you must gently heat it with a flame. Whomever that card is for, is not in any way a legal avenue. I will do all I can, within the law. I cannot help you if you pursue means using that card." Mick said gravely. "This is where I leave you to decide. I'll be in my office in the morning with a standing appointment for you, if you do not use that card. Goodnight."

Abby led Tabitha into their living room and retrieved a box of matches. Carefully she waved the flame under the back of the card and within seconds, the blue and white card turned black with red print. An Email address was all that showed. Abby took it over to the computer and composed an email using an anonymous service then sent it. They woke up to find a reply. Simple instructions. They would be met at noon in a small park on the Eastern side of town.

Consulting a note-page they had copied instructions to, Mother and daughter walked through the small park. They stopped when they saw a hopscotch court drawn in various colored chalks. That was where they stopped. For several minutes they waited. Tabitha felt thirsty and went over to the water fountain. After drinking, she turned and saw a young woman stepping up to do the same. Tabitha moved aside for her. The young woman with long blonde hair, wearing a white, puffed, short-sleeved blouse and grey pleated skirt casually drank from the fountain then looked up.

"Spasibo, Tabitha." The young woman said in strong Russian accent but soft voice.

"You're wel.." Tabitha began to reply then stood there gaping.

Abby came over quickly, ready to protect her daughter from the stranger. "Who are you? How do you know her name?"

"She is Tabitha. You are Abigail. I am Katya Afonina. I meet you. Privet." Katya answered.

Abby looked her over and was immediately confused. The young woman before them looked at most nineteen or twenty years old. Wearing a white puffed short-sleeved blouse, grey pleated skirt to just above mid-thigh, black opaque thigh-high stockings and black low-heel pumps; she looked more like a late graduating private high school student than of a dangerous type. That and the fact they were meeting during broad daylight in a park next to a hopscotch court. Nothing seemed to match up to Mick's attitude on the matter.

Katya looked to Tabitha. "You were atakovan. Boys, they hurt you, da?"

"Yes. I was drugged and raped." Tabitha nodded sadly.

Katya sighed. "Ya ponimayu. Understand. Is very sad. It happen much, this thing."

"We were told you could help us, can you?" Abby asked, unsure why they were meeting this girl.

Katya locked eyes with Abby. "I can. Help is not free. There is cost. Always; there is cost. You can not help her. Tabitha must do; herself."

Abby felt a cold chill of dread climb her spine from the ominous words. Deep in Katya's eyes was a far-away look.

"Please, don't use my baby?" Abby pleaded.

Katya pointed past them. Next to a bench stood a pink and mint colored hybrid-racing bicycle and backpack. Tabitha went over and opened it. Inside she found two sets of riding clothes, matching the bike, along with a helmet. In the front pocket was a cellphone, pre-paid card and small envelope.

"A courier? You want me to be your courier?" Tabitha asked in puzzlement.

Katya shook her head. "You work for you. Money go to card. First of month, you send money. You do not break law. This you must do. Alone. Thirty-thousand. You will decide how long this take. You understand this?"

Tabitha nodded. "Yes."

"What is want Tabitha? Caught? Punish?" Katya's demeanor changed, to cold and harsh. "Revenge? Prinyat' resheniye. Choose."

Tabitha said the words that couldn't be taken back. "Revenge, Katya. I want; revenge!"

The look of absolute hatred was undisguised as Katya snarled and turned to go. "Da, Tabitha, you WILL have!"

Tabitha felt relief finally as Abby hugged her from behind. "Thank you, Katya."

Dara grabbed the bag she had concealed when she was out of sight. As she walked, it only took seconds to change her appearance. A short black haired wig covered her blonde hair. The blouse and skirt came off to reveal a deep purple Bodycon dress that covered her stockings' tops and the black low heels were switched to high purple stiletto pumps. Unless someone had been watching intently; a student girl disappeared, replaced by chic socialite or possible upscale escort.

An hour later, Daryl opened the bicycle shop. Between repairs on two bikes, he did another search with his laptop. The District Attorney had more information, but he couldn't get to it without his system at home. After closing that evening, he did exactly that. Leonard Cohen played in the background as Daryl searched through the District Attorney's system.

"Court Orders pending. That'll take time, even though they're classed High Priority due to her being a minor. Sorry Tabitha, those hosts are foreign, disguised as U.S.-based. Not even Interpol can help. Just me." Daryl sighed then began bringing the other parts of his system up to start hacking those hosts.

It took all night, but he came up with IP addresses that led to actual names. The email had been set up by a boy named Tobin Rosenthal. The social media account was a boy named Alvin Kuulidge. Searching their pages tied them to a third boy; John Delaney. Photos confirmed statements of unity. All that they did, was done together at all times. The three shared in all things important. Especially anything deemed fun.

"Musketeers, amigos or stooges? To be, or not to be? That; is the question." Daryl surmised as he got up from the chair.

A four hour nap and Daryl left. The green and black racing bike with matching apparel and helmet made him blend in with all the other serious riders in the early afternoon. At a glance, it merely looked like a typical rider. Cyclometer on one side of the handlebars, phone on the other. It was wrong though. The phone was actually a monitor for cameras mounted inside the head light and tail light. The cameras had a five power zoom for the back camera, but the forward camera had a nine power zoom.

Daryl stopped a block away from the school and waited. To anyone passing by; he appeared to be just another courier, watching video on his phone while waiting for his next run. The forward-looking camera was zoomed to the main entrance. It wasn't long, classes let out and students began streaming from the building. Daryl slightly turned the handlebars to focus on the doors. Fifteen minutes of patience were rewarded. Tobin, Alvin and John strolled out.

"And there you are." Daryl muttered and pushed off to follow.

Alvin asked. "Any word on latest toy?"

"Nope. Nobody's seen her since the day before yesterday." John replied. "Guess Loni and Chanelle's fun upset her."

Tobin chuckled. "Aww, some markers, piss and binder clips on her tits made her run off and hide."

"Well Loni did say that if they had a coke bottle they'd have checked how loose she was." John joked.

Alvin smirked. "Still don't know it was us?"

"They still don't know we did them too, over summer." Tobin laughed.

John shook his head, smiling. "Dumb sluts. Acting like they're any better than her. Maybe we'll go at them again, make a new video and post it."

"Can't be this weekend. Sheryl's lined up." Tobin informed them.

Alvin spit to the side. "Sheryl. Which one?"

John shook his head. "Dude! SHERYL. Pentecost Sheryl!"

"Vice-Principal's stuck-up little bitch." Alvin remarked. "About damn time. I want the pop."

Tobin grabbed Alvin's shoulder. "You got the pop last time, MY turn!"

"Yeah! And I get her ass first. You got it the time before. You get second on both this time!" John snarled.

Alvin glared back then stated. "Mouth. I'm going to make her choke a load."

"Fine." John remarked, followed by Tobin. "Whatever."

John grinned. "Let's not give her so much. She'll be more active, instead of just laying there."

"I'm taking the best trophy of all. To hell with her panties, I'm taking that 'Purity ring'!" Tobin smiled malevolently.

Alvin smirked. "Bitch won't be able to wear it after we get done anyway. Like it. Need to find two more after her."

John nodded as he laughed. "Yeah! Better yet, we get three each. We have two more years to do that, unless we want to stick around an extra year. Then we can all go to the same college and find new prizes."

"Cool!" Tobin laughed as well.

The three stopped at a take-out stand, buying cold drinks then sat on the edge of a planter to go over their plans for the up-coming Saturday night.

Daryl had stopped a hundred feet back and used a small hyper-mic to listen in. It wasn't easy, passing traffic drowned out their voices, but he was getting most of the conversation.

"These guys plan like a 3 year old with Attention Deficit and a bucket of legos." Daryl remarked.

The problem was that the three couldn't seem to decide exactly how they were going to actually drug their future victim. It seemed she had the vexing habit of only drinking water from a bottle that she insisted on opening whenever she was away from home. Daryl admired her cautious nature, it was a good counter-measure to spiked drinks. She also refused to consume jello that was not individually packaged and opened herself, which ruled out being slipped any made with alcohol as well.

"Somebody took that girl to school. Too bad more aren't that slick." Daryl muttered to himself then shut up completely to listen close.

John had been wrapping a spare straw around his fingers repeatedly throughout the conversation then suddenly blurted out. "Ice cream!"

"Don't want any." Alvin replied.

John shook his head. "No stupid, that's our answer. She likes ice cream. Even if it's wrapped, we can still do it. Won't have to though, we just crack open a container in front of her, she won't think about it since we'll give it to everybody."

From there they began to seriously plan. Done they way they wanted, it would be flawless. A second of distraction would be all they needed to pour the liquid drug onto the ice cream then conceal it under chocolate topping syrup. Within fifteen minutes she would start showing affects, another ten and she would be doomed. Raped, recorded and on display for all to see; just like Tabitha.

Daryl had no use for religion of any kind, in fact deemed them all to be of no worth, but it was no excuse to turn his back and allow the unwitting girl to be humiliated. No, he would try to save her from them. Partially. It was risky, but needed. His plan formed faster than theirs, the trick would be going unnoticed at the party. Selena would be attending in place of Katya or Dara. Daryl took out his phone and dialed. That conversation didn't last longer than two minutes.

Saturday night a girl with mousy brown-ish hair quietly slipped in through a side door of Alvin's house. She barely had a trace of make-up on and wore a knee-length faded denim skirt and plain looking polo shirt that looked half a size big. Slowly she wandered the edges of the rooms, the soles of her well-worn round-toe flats barely making a sound on the floors. Her below the shoulder-length hair didn't cover her face much, but didn't show it fully either. Anyone that bothered to look longer than a moment, ignored the cheap plastic stud earrings as well. Almost all of the other girls there wore a heel of some type and either a short dress or skirt.

Selena stayed moving, lingering in a spot would eventually cause someone to approach. Almost an hour later, a call went out about ice cream. Many moved to another room. Selena followed and brought up her phone as she took position to watch from the side. Her view was unobstructed and she zoomed in on the three boys' hands. A line moved past them after cracking open the two tubs of ice cream. In fact it looked like they had to force them open due to being new. Most of the line comprised girls, ice cream was an easily forgiven diet cheat.

Selena had spotted a group of four girls that fit the criteria of the night's target shortly after entering. It took only seconds to determine which one she was. One girl wore low heels, another dared to wear full make-up and a third had been gifted with a flattering bust size that she could only downplay if she wore a steel chest plate to hold them down. All three also wore their hair down and styled with waves or loose curls. The fourth girl stood out among them. Even trying to mute herself and look plain, she failed. Her waist length hair hung down in a single braid which did nothing but bring more attention to her face. Clean and fresh looking without a single blemish; her high cheekbones, slim nose and medium-full lips enhanced her soft jawline and widow's peak hairline.

A portrait perfect face diverted attention away from the figure concealed under a slightly loose fitted blouse buttoned to the neck and fine hands extending delicately from the cuffs of long sleeves. The waist of her skirt cinched lightly by a brown braided belt accented the single color denim skirt that skimmed the tops of her feet snugged into semi-round toe flats. Try as hard she might for the sake of a religion that would never help her, the girl could never be anything but the natural beauty she had been born to. Of course such a girl would be viewed as the ultimate prize.

As the girl moved up in the serving line, Selena zoomed closer on the second boy's hands. Subtly he pulled a vial from his pocket and held it in his hand and picked up a spoon. Thumbing the cap off as he took the bowl Alvin moved to stick the spoon into the bowl.

John held up two bottles of syrup, smiling. "Strawberry or chocolate, Sheryl?"

"Chocolate, please? Thank you." Sheryl replied politely.

All eyes had been on the bottles, not the bowl of ice cream. As the spoon was set into the front the vial was emptied onto both scoops. In truth, only two people had been watching Alvin's hands. Alvin and the girl unnoticed off to the side of the room, Selena. Immediately after that happened she zoomed back to capture the bowl's journey. John quickly poured the syrup from front to back, concealing the liquid as he took the bowl then handed it to Sheryl. There was no mistaking the actions and intended victim. The cold of the ice cream would semi-harden the syrup into a shell to add crunch. It would also confine the drug to remain on top of the scoop and be ingested in full.

Selena stopped recording after Sheryl took her first spoon of the laced dessert and made her own move. Deliberately she moved forward and slipped a gel-like capsule into each of the boys' drinks. The capsules dissolved immediately in the liquid, releasing a carefully measured dose of Lorazepam. Mainly sold under the name Ativan, the drug is a benzodiazepine and much more effective than the GHB drug they used on the girls. The dose they gave her would take twenty minutes. The dose Selena gave them would take effect in thirty, however it would hit them harder. Sheryl would be semi-lucid. She would be dimly aware of events as they happened, but nothing would be clear afterward. For them, they would have little to no comprehension of events and no recollection at all afterward.

Selena kept herself from smiling as they drank from their cups. After the last bowl was served, John directed Sheryl over to a chair beside the stairs then slightly moved his own chair forward and closer. Selena had to move to maintain her visual as she recorded him. She wondered why he had done that, as Sheryl's chair had its back directly against the wall. Unfortunately something was wrong. Either the dosage was more than expected or the girl had a very low tolerance and began to show affects just after another five minutes. When her head began to tilt down John glanced around then pushed against the wall and a small panel spun. Sheryl disappeared, chair and all without being seen by anyone but John and Selena.

Immediately John stood up and moved away. He rejoined Alvin and Tobin and pulled a small bottle from his pocket to pour into their cups. The three were all smiles as they drank the remains of the cups. Another shot was drank then they began to quietly usher people out. It took fifteen minutes for that to be done. Selena hid herself in the kitchen inside a cabinet. She knew the bathrooms would be checked for any stragglers as would the bedrooms and probably closets. Someone walked loudly through the kitchen and locked the exterior door then left. When she heard the group moving up the stairs, she eased out of the hiding place.

"Gonna has some funnnn." John said with a slur as he carried Sheryl by the arms up the stairs.

Tobin held her legs to help carry her, he stumbled on a tread and laughed as did John and Alvin. The two even dropped her at the top of the stairs and had to pick her up again. The girl had no resistance to the drug, but fortunately the boys' alcohol had accelerated their own doses. Apparently they had drank more after Selena hid as they were having serious problems executing their plans. Selena quietly moved up the stairs, her phone in hand and recording. At the top she followed their voices and noise down the hall to stop in front of a door, slightly ajar and looked inside.

"WOOO! FUN TIME!" Tobin laughed as he pulled off his shirt.

John and Alvin dragged the unconscious Sheryl onto the bed. Alvin broke the zipper of her skirt and yanked it down then tossed out of the way. John ripped open her blouse.

John swore. "What the shit? What's all this crap?"

"What?" Tobin drawled as he fumbled to turn on the camera.

"Lez geddit offa th' bish." Alvin slurred.

Instead of bare breasts or a simple bra containing them, she was wearing a nylon T-shirt garment over a slip. Beneath those she wore a rather old fashioned full coverage type bra. One might even jokingly refer to such as Industrial Strength. Her underwear were of a similar fashion. More like a pair of feminine jockey shorts and seemingly just as sturdy. It took John and Alvin cooperating to rip them from her. Due to the drug they had been given and the alcohol accelerating it, both fell to the floor. Unfortunately John had smacked his head against a dresser, dazing him.

Tobin adjusted the ball cap to sit backwards on his head then fumbled twice to grab her hand and pull the ring from it.

"Pur-ee. Not-nee-more!" Tobin called out, swaying, as he held up the ring so it would be seen by the camera.

Alvin slumped over. "hu-reE UP! uhm NEX!"

Tobin was now confused. The girl was on her back and naked enough, but he was having problems he didn't understand. Why wasn't he erect and why did things seem to be dimming and blurring? The answers never came. He fell forward and rolled off of her to sprawl alongside.

Selena slowly entered and looked to the side. She spotted the camera hooked up to a laptop. She turned it off then looked in the library. They were so brazen they had even titled the folder of videos: Sport Fucks. She checked to see if the password was active, finding that it was and turned it off. Now anyone could turn it on and access everything. While the laptop powered down, Selena used the boys shoelaces to secure them and went back downstairs. She reclaimed the backpack hidden under shrub by the back corner of the house.

Back inside, Selena stripped bare, including the wig and pulled clothing from the backpack. A black silk T-shirt, white fitted leather pants and jacket with gold spikes. Knee high black boots were pulled on, over the pant-legs and another wig of long black hair covered blonde then the colored contact lenses removed. Brown eyes were now bright blue. A bit of foundation and powder completed the look. He was beautiful. Stunning and frightening at the same time, just as the black angelic wings with gold trail-feathers painted ornately on the back of the jacket. He pulled the phone from the jacket pocket and hit a speed-dial entry.

"I'm ready. Back into the driveway and stop at the corner of the house. I'll be right out so open the back door." He instructed.

The beautifully foreboding figure grabbed Tobin under his arms and dragged him down the stairs then brought down the other two. A vehicle was heard stopping outside in the drive so he propped the door open and began carrying them out. After depositing them in the back of a van the door closed and he went back in. Sheryl was gathered up then set back down. A glimmer of something shiny had caught his attention. He bent down and picked it up. A ring. It wasn't particularly remarkable, simple sterling silver with a small clear gem. Likely a cubic zirconia. Commonly worn by virgin girls to formally declare their chastity, a Purity Ring.

"Fool girl. Waving virtue like a flag is nothing more than teasing bulls with capes. Eventually, the bull will run the matador down. His only hope is a sword to thrust in when the bull tires enough for the strike. The best way to guard a treasure, is for nobody to know you have one. Your vanity is your downfall. Worthy or not, I saved you from them, but I will not spare you from shame entirely." He growled gently, pocketed the ring and gathered her up again.

The van's driver turned and did a double-take then asked. "Where to, Gaderel?"

"First United Pentecostal Church, on Third avenue. After dropping the girl off there, take me to Infernus for them." Gaderel replied softly.

The driver said nothing more, just drove. Ten minutes later he slowly turned into a parking lot behind a large church. So large, it was almost shamefully gaudy.

"Their attempts to be plain, but worshipful people become nothing more than obnoxious pride. Sinful vanity. Nothing more." Gaderel remarked softly in disgust.

The driver sighed as he stopped at the back door and turned off his lights. "You'd know more about that then me."

Gaderel got out, leaving the door open. "Of course I would."

The driver kept watch as Gaderel went to the door and stood in front of it for a minute then went inside. The lock on the door had been standard and gave no real trouble to pick. Inside, the alarm system was so simple, it actually had an on/off switch for it. Locks to keep honest thieves out, an alarm system that would discourage those already fearful. Neither were surprising. Gaderel returned to the van and retrieved the girl. She was taken inside and left in a lurid sprawl across the altar.

"To be found thus; your virtue will always be in question. Know it or not, that goes to your favor. One who truly cares for you, will not care about that. When you sleep again; will you still be that vain fool or will you have been shamefully educated?" Gaderel turned and left her, alarm back on and door locked.

Another thirty minutes of driving found the van stopping at the end of an alley between two very old buildings. The driver backed in and stopped. Gaderel got out as the back door lifted up. The foreboding figure knocked on a heavy door three times slowly and stepped back. The door opened and a robed figure blocked passage then backed up.

"Gaderel! One moment please, I will fetch the Master." A man's voice said then turned away.

Gaderel spoke with authority. "Hold. I bring three. Have them brought in while you fetch Dante."

"At once Milord." The figure nodded his hooded head then went inside.

Moments later six men came out, wearing hooded robes and took the three from the van then carried them inside. A man in red, satin robes filled the doorway and nodded.

"Gaderel, Milord, welcome; Fallen One. I humbly invite you in. Do you wish to descend?" The man asked.

Gaderel nodded. "Yes Dante. I will Watch. Take these condemned to Cocytus. Let the Filthy Legion have them."

"The Legion has assembled, as you wished." Dante informed him then turned to the six men carrying the unconscious boys. "Descend to the Ninth Circle, where all traitors belong."

The Ninth Circle of Hell; Cocytus. Sinners guilty of treachery received their punishment there. Rather interesting, they were actually guilty of treachery against their guests. Such offense would place them in the Third Round of the Circle called Ptolomaea. In the story, sinners lie supine(facing up) in the ice while their tears freeze in their eye sockets, sealing them with small visors of crystal so that even the comfort of weeping is denied.

The sound of a large group walking down the stairs could be heard ahead of them as they too descended nine flights then turned through an open doorway. The group of men were encircling a table in the center of the room. The three rapists were laid across it on their backs, shoulders over the edge and arms tucked underneath. Straps were buckled to their foreheads then ropes were used to hold heads back, wrists to cleats under the table, tension to thighs to hold in place and behind knees to lift and spread their legs. Jaws were held open as metal bits were put in place to prevent biting down.

"A Fallen has brought sinners to us for punishment here in the Ninth Circle. Milord Gaderel, what traitors are these?" Dante asked.

Gaderel's voice was almost musical though a growl. "Ptolomaea. They betray guests. Girls are lured to their parties then drugged. Unwitting and unwilling they are raped. Virginity stolen. They make record of this and put on display, betraying them all over again. Such is punishable enough, but there is more. They are filthy and inflict that filth upon their victims. Legion, defile them until spent. Dante, this is to be known."

Dante nodded to another man next to the doorway then looked up. An iron chandelier holding lit candles also held a video camera that indicated activation with a small red light above the lens. Gaderel then went to each rapist and injected an anti-toxin to counter the drug. Soon they stirred, just as six robed men stepped up to them. They parted their robes, revealing erections and rammed them in deep, orally and anally. Struggles were futile and protests were silenced by gagging. Shortly thereafter, Poppers were being used on them. Throat and anal muscles became more pliant. Due to prostate stimulation they were made to ejaculate. Unfortunately, the Legion were uncaring and continued to savage them in turns for hours more. The Filthy Legion were sixty in number, they would last for some time before becoming bored.

Twenty-nine hours later the last grunts of exertion were heard. The mouth-bits were removed and pillow-cases covered the boys' heads. They were released from the table, but re-tied wrist and ankle. Even if they could get free, they hadn't the strength or muscle control to go anywhere. Plus the fact that they were still naked would prevent all but the desperate from fleeing.

Gaderel hadn't been idly standing around. He'd been busy going through the laptop, comparing raw video to edited and social media logins. The phone's video was added. After the boys were readied for transport again, Dante handed over a flashdrive. The video was uploaded to the laptop and the flashdrive handed back. Minutes later they were all back in the van. A stop in a parking lot next to a book store providing free WiFi offered the opportunity to access the internet. Gaderel took advantage of it, uploading an extended video. The boys making their plan, drugging the girl at the party, the attempted rape of her and their own rapes. The three were left a block from a precinct, easy to find. Gaderel departed the van soon after and was able to change into riding gear. A prepositioned bike was used for transportation and away Daryl rode. He dropped off the laptop at the District Attorney's office in a large manila envelope addressed to A.D.A. Hector Aguillar and marked Electronics. A note inside stated the laptop was evidence in an open investigation. Daryl had carefully wiped the computer clean of all fingerprints but replaced all three boys' prints on it randomly.

Hector looked up when the secretary held it out. "What's this?"

"A courier just dropped it off. A Deputy opened it for your safety, it's a laptop. There's a note that says it's evidence in an open investigation." The secretary said.

Hector sighed. "Let me guess; phony company?"

"No. Real one, ID-card and all, but phony guy. Took ten minutes to find that out though, so he got away." She replied.

Hector nodded. "Freelance info-broker. We'll never find him. Still though, we can use this."

Ten minutes later a very loud "HOLY SHIT!" was heard then a phone line lit up. Almost an hour later a Detective and six patrol officers arrived, along with a computer specialist from the crime-lab. The rest of the day was chaotic. Of course the three boys were identified immediately, three naked and obviously sexually assaulted males lying among the bushes in front of a donut shop didn't take long to notice. Even a watch-captain could find them. In fact, that was who did.

Late that night, Abby answered her door. A.D.A. Aguillar and Detective Vaughan stood there.

"What is it?" Abby asked.

Hector smiled slightly. "We got them."

Abby stepped aside. "Come in."

Tabitha peered out of her room. "Mom?"

"Tabi! Come here, they caught them!" Abby announced.

Tabitha was wearing shorts and a tank top, coming into the living room. "What?"

"We got them." Hector told her. "We know who they are and have them in custody now. We even have one of them's laptop with all the evidence on it."

"You...you arrested them? They're in jail now?" Tabitha asked fearfully.

Detective Vaughan nodded to her. "We did and they are. We'd have come sooner to tell you, but we spend almost all day at your school. You weren't the only one they did it to. You weren't the last they tried it with either. Do you know a girl named Sheryl Nabours. She's the Vice-Principal's daughter."

"Not really. I know who she is, but I'm not friends with her." Tabitha admitted. "She doesn't really hang around people not in her church. Why?"

Hector sighed. "Well it seems she did the other night. It didn't go well. I doubt she'll ever do it again."

Tabitha was horrified. "You mean they did it to her too?"

"They tried. For some reason, it didn't work they way they wanted. She blanked out at a party and woke up in a church, naked, on the altar. the minister and his wife found her when they went in to start their day and called an ambulance. She awoke just before it got there and she went hysterical." Detective Vaughan explained.

Abby looked confused. "I don't understand."

Ray Vaughan nodded. "It's pretty involved. Miss Nabours is highly religious, Pentecostal to be exact. Well she's one of those girls that are very out-spoken about retaining virginity until marriage. Pledges of Chastity, purity rings, so on. Well these guys set their sights on her. They found a way to drug her. They were going to rape her and video it, same as Tabitha, then post it all over social media. Conquer and degrade. They were doing it for the 'sport' of it. Disgusting really."

"But, they didn't, right?" Tabitha asked.

Hector shook his head. "No. They didn't. Things went very wrong for them. It seems they 'fell upon a sword'. Someone did to them, what they had been doing to others. The problem we have now is; with so many victims, who retaliated?"

Ray Vaughan looked at Abby. "Ma'am, I have to ask directly; Do you know anything about this?"

Abby shook her head. "No. We don't."

"Very well. Please understand, we had to ask. We have to be going now, but we'll be in contact about the trial. Tabitha may not have to testify, but the defense lawyers could call her to take the stand. Goodnight, ladies." Hector told them, then turned to go but stopped. "That's a nice bike. It's not for casual riding. Fitness either."

Tabitha spoke up. "It's mine. I just started working as a courier."

"Not easy to juggle with school." Ray remarked.

"Like I can ever go back there? After what they did to me?" Tabitha cried. "Mom can't afford to send me to a private school and we can't move! Maybe I can take an online course or something, but I can't go back there ever again!"

Abby pulled her daughter into a hug. "Are we DONE?"

The detective held up his hands. "We're done. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. It's just that I think education is valuable, please don't give up on it, Tabitha. Do what you can to finish. We'll go now. I'm sorry if what I said came out wrong. Goodnight."

Both men turned to go. Mother and daughter hugged for some time before going to bed.

Outside at the car, Hector turned to Ray. "What do you think?"

"They may have hired a professional. Or they may be part of a group of victims that did. Obviously the work of a pro. Neat, tidy and absolutely a turn-about. They only catch is that this level costs more than they can afford on their own. A group could afford it, but not them two on their own." Ray replied.

Hector sighed. "That's what I thought."

"This isn't street-level. A broker." Ray stated.

"There's what; twenty, maybe thirty in the city?" Hector mused.

Ray shook his head. "Try maybe ten or fifteen on this level. We won't catch them."

Tabitha checked the building numbers as she coasted to a stop and looked around. "2416, 2420. Where's 2418? It's not on this side or the other."

"Place you look for; is no real, Tabitha." A charming voice with a Russian accent said.

Tabitha turned quickly and saw the girl from before, dressed differently, right behind her. "Katya!"

"So they did not need you at trial, da?" Katya asked.

Tabitha shook her head. "No Katya. They all confessed. That and the video, they didn't need me. Mister Aguillar told me later that the defense lawyers didn't want to call any of the girls up."

"Da. Would make thing much worse if girls tell story, nyet? Is good for you, but bad too. You get no say." Katya remarked.

Tabitha looked down. "Yeah. Nobody knows how bad it was."

Katya shook her head. "Not true. Everybody know, Tabitha. Everybody know. Even if not want, they know."

"What about me? What do I do now?" Tabitha asked.

"You care for you. Do work. Do lessons if can. If you ask if hurt go away; nyet. Hurt always there Tabitha, but maybe not so much later. One day, maybe less hurt. True answer, I can not tell. I do not know. You will, one day." Katya said sadly.

Tabitha shrugged. "Wonder which'll come first; that or clearing my debt?"

Katya clicked her tongue. "Not say that, is bad manner, Tabitha. I do help, but nothing ever free. Even I pay thing. Is how work."

Tabitha's cellphone pinged.

"I say work and happen, da?" Katya smiled.

Tabitha giggled. "Yeah. I met some other girls. We're working together as a service. StreetSweets Couriers. Cute, huh?"

Katya nodded. "Da. Go ride, Tabitha. Have fun if can. You take, hope no need to give."

Tabitha looked and saw a business card. She understood what it was. A BlackCard, just as she had been given, to give for someone in need. She took it and slipped it inside her wallet. At Katya's nod, she pushed off to ride off. Katya watched her go then turned to walk the opposite direction. After several steps she darted behind a car and slipped to the driver's side and knocked.

"What gave me away?" Hector asked.

Katya replied. "I see you follow. Leave Tabitha be. I not tell again."

"I just have a question to ask." Hector said and got a nod. "Two of the girls the boys raped, after we told them it had been done to them as well, they confessed to attacking Tabitha in the bathroom at school. That night, one committed suicide. The other is in a clinic for depression. Do think she would take it well, if I informed her?"

"Not matter. She would not go back. Nobody care before, that not change. Leave her be. Go. Do not try find us again. Bad for you if try." Katya warned then walked away, disappearing into the sidewalk crowd.

At a nearby station; Katya walked in then disappeared. A young man in jeans and polo shirt came out. Nobody paid attention to him as he walked down the street.

"That's how it goes." Daryl sang to himself. "Everybody knows."

up
253 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ahh!

My5InchFMHeels's picture

It's good to have Daryl back! At first it really was a bit dark, but Daryl and Dara have kinda grown on me. And a payment method for those that truly cant afford services seems a wonderful addition.

I'm seriously giggling right now.

WillowD's picture

"Even a watch-captain could find them. In fact, that was who did."

I really like these stories. For all that they have their graphic violent side, there is also a lot of humor and hope for the future in them.

Great to see the Puppeteer back in action!

Beoca's picture

Dara's return is wonderful to see. It has been a while - briefly thought that the criminal elements had caught up to her.

As for Tabitha, she got her revenge. Hopefully she doesn't regret it as she continues to work off her debt.

It's great

sugar_britches63's picture

It's great to have Darly/Dara and you Snowfall back on the radar in your writing element. I do appreciate the payment plan that Daryl/ Dara put in as I can see some that could not afford the revenge that is so truly needed against such evil doers. Again great story and I look forward to even more as well as some like past stories. Not all can be light and bright or dark and ominous.

Charlotte

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

perhaps the revenge method in

perhaps the revenge method in this case was a little more direct and severe because it reminded Daryl/Dara of his and his sisters attack

More good revenge

Thank you Snowfall. This was an especially challenging chapter considering what happened to Daryl and Dana. It was good to see the 3 baddies taken down. The whole robed figures bit was a bit over the top. I guess there's more out there than this plain country girl knows about but this bit? Seriously?
Anyway, I quite like your work and will happily read everything you share with us. You have a real gift.

>>> Kay