Felicity Finds Family -06- My Pleasure

Printer-friendly version

Felicity Finds Family:
6/My Pleasure

From Erin's One April Morning Multiverse
Into Sasha's Shared Universe

By Sasha Zarya Nexus

Can Felicity deal with the Oopsie Daisy by herself or can she find help?



We were safe as I teleported my tesseract not only a great distance away but I opened a portal into another aspect of the Multiverse. We appeared at the Teen Super Friends Spaceship orbiting Earth. I knew that the Goddess of Exxor and her avatar Sorceress had the power to protect my mother Lynn. Hanna and I would return to One April Morning to face the Oopsie Daisy. We were met in their reception area by the newest Teen Super Friend, Linda's protector, Ryla Rogan.

"Greetings, guests, I am Oracle. Do you need assistance?"

"We do Oracle. Our mother Lynn Archer needs protection while I, Felicity Archer and my sister return to face the great evil which threatens our home at One April Morning on our earth in a different aspect of the Multiverse."

"I will alert our leader Sorceress, avatar of the Goddess of Exxor of your arrival and she can grant your mother sanctuary. "

Two women entered the reception and the one who shined with a white aura seemed to be the Avatar. The other woman was dressed in our fictional Batman's sidekick Robin costume.

"I am Sorceress, Avatar of the Goddess of Exxor. Oracle tells me that you have asked for sanctuary for your mother Lynn Archer. In the name of the Goddess of Exxor, I grant it. Lynn, my companion is Girl Wonder, Robin. Please go with her and she will get you settled with us. I hope you enjoy your stay."

Both Hanna and I gave Mother a hug and kiss and bid her goodbye. Lynn followed Robin out of reception and into the spaceship's habitation zone.

"Thank you for your hospitality, Sorceress and Oracle from both of us. We will return for our mother when things are safe at our home at One April Morning. We bid you farewell."

I extended my tesseract over Hanna and I and we vanished. I looked over to Hanna and she looked pleased.

"Now we need allies in our fight. I suggest we return to your original universe and seek out the Observers. They changed John into Joanna, later Tess, and empowered her as Tesseract. The power of being Tesseract alone is what saved you from being erased from existence. By your sacrifice your companions were saved, Felicity, and the plan of the Observers to save the world continued. What if you, with your Tesseract power, returned to the Observers for help?"

"I have another idea. What if the Oopsey Daisy is just a part of One April Morning's uniqueness which was just turned angry by outside forces? Instead of combating it, why don't we just try to put things right?"

"That sounds promising, Felicity. How do you wish to proceed?"

"First, I would like to separate the magical force that originally was not good or bad, just doing it's job to counter all wild magic at work so that it does not spill over into the mundane world from the angry entity that was joined to it. If I can do that, Hanna, can you heal it and bring it back in balance with nature?"

"I can do that, Felicity? What will you do with the angry entity?"

"I will heal the entity so that finally I get to their core. Once I can address the root of the problem then perhaps I can help solve it."

"That sounds like it may work. How do you propose we begin?"

"I'll go back in space time to where the Oopsie Daisy appeared but before it took action and engulf it in my tesseract and pour on the healing. when the magical force is free and back to being neutral, you can teleport to it and begin bringing it back into balance."

"Make it so, Felicity"

I did as planned and I materialize my tesseract around the Oopsey Daisy and started pouring the healing on them. Hanna teleported to heal the magical force which had been caught and empowering the angry entity. The Oopsey Daisy had become much weaker just by being cut off from the source that it had usurped to carry out its vendetta. From the totally dark, black outline of a person, it became lighter and lighter hues till it became transparent. I could see inside was a little girl dressed in retro fashions who had turned from having a temper tantrum to having a crying jag.

"POP!", The outer shell around the little girl vanished. I was able to gather the little girl into my arms and comforted her. After a long while she had cried herself out. I teleported the two of us to our apartment and put her to bed in my bed. I closed the door and found Hanna in the living room.

"Hello, Hanna. How did things go with you and the magical force?"

"She has turned good again. I don't feel like we will have any trouble with her again. She is content and fulfilled countering all the wild magic and bringing things into balance. I feel that now the forces behind One April Morning will keep a tighter rein on her to keep a repeat of this from happening. What happened with you and the entity, Felicity?

"I healed that dark black outline of a person and it became so light it was transparent. There was a loud pop, then the outer shell dissolved. The no longer angry little girl inside started crying. I gathered her up in my arms and let her cry herself out. She was wearing clothes from a very long time ago that I left on her when I put her to bed in our bed. She's sleeping now."

"Felicity, I'll go look in on her. I want to check something out."

"Okay, Hanna."

Hanna silently slipped into the bedroom and scanned the child for magic. When she was satisfied that she hadn't missed anything, she silently left and came back into the living room with Felicity.

"That is a very perplexing little girl in there. When I scanned the core of the Oopsie Daisy entity, I sensed that it was very old by human standards, not subject to aging, and endowed with a magic and a power which was not of this earth. That other worldly magic is how the entity was able to join with the clean up magic bypassing the safeguards the powers that be put in there to prevent that type of thing. Being cut off from the world of its origin, must be why the entity was so angry and hateful."

"Were you able to find out anything about the little girl?"

"She has ceased being eternally young. She's growing older and growing up every day like any ordinary little girl. But she is still not of this world. Ordinarily the seal on her magic would not have released until puberty, and then it would release gradually so it would. Some sort of disaster must have happened when she reached earth, at One April Morning, for her complete magic to be all released at once. Right now she's an orphan who needs protecting, a mundane right now until puberty who is no danger to anyone."

"When she wakes, I'll talk with her and see what I can find out, Hanna. After that if we both are certain that there is no danger, I'll go back to Rylos and bring Mother back from sanctuary"

I slipped quietly into the bedroom and brought a chair to the bedside, sat down, and started reading. After a while the little girl stirred and sat up and looked at me."

"Momma?"

"I'm here sweetheart and you are safe and loved."

"Are you my Momma now?"

"Is that what you want me to be, sweetheart?"

"Oh yes, Momma, with all my heart!"

"I am your Momma! What do I call you, daughter?"

"I am your Beth, silly Momma, that's short for Elizabeth. You are very funny!"

"How would you like for your last name be the same as Momma's, Beth?"

"I would love that Momma!"

"Then your whole name is Elizabeth Archer but I will call you Beth. Is that okay, Beth?"

"Yes, Momma. My whole name is Elizabeth Archer but I will be your Beth, Momma."

"Beth, please tell me about your old home and how you came to become my daughter?"

"My old home came from long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away. My first Momma and Daddy were very afraid when the blue sky turned to red. Momma said that there was a meanie called Antimatter that was eating all our people. But Daddy had built a spaceship and put me in it. When I asked the nice lady, who only had a voice but no body, in the spaceship where was she taking me, she told me that we were going to a whole different Universe because my old home and everybody in it including Momma and Daddy had been eaten by the Antimatter. She told me that she was taking me to a place where my new Momma would be called One April Morning. She told me that it would take her a very long time to get there so she was going to let me go to sleep for a long nap so that I would be rested when she got there. She said to herself 'Beginning Hibernation" and I went to sleep."

"What happened when you woke up, Beth?"

"It was dark, smoky and smelled funny inside. For the first time the lady sounded worried when she spoke to me. She told me that she was old and feeble and could not take me the rest of the way to my Momma. With her last gasp the lady teleported me down to the woodpile at One April Morning. I looked up into the sky and the nice lady spaceship, blew up. I was overwhelmed with a huge rush of Magic and sadness over becoming an orphan far from home. I was angry and was throwing a tantrum. I felt another great magic and I reached out and captured it. It reached up and took me down under the woodpile where it lived and we both went to sleep"

"What woke you up, Beth?"

The other had copied my anger and wanted to lash out at the one called Habib. I wanted to throw a temper tantrum and lash out at everyone and the last straw was when this place killed the nice lady who brought me here. I covered myself in a very hard and very dark shell and then went back up to the wood pile to strike out in hatred to every one. Then you found me and healed me and became my Momma. Now all is well with me."

"That's nice Beth. Lets get up and go meet your Aunt Beth."

"Okay, Momma."

Beth and I exited the bedroom and Beth ran up to Hanna and gave her a big hug. "Hi Aunt Hanna. Do you live here too?"

"Hello Beth. Yes I do. I found something that I think you will like. Please follow me."

Hanna led us to a door that I had not seen before and it opened onto a perfect little girl's room. It was decorated with Disney Princesses and contained a four poster canopy bed with matching dresser, and vanity. The best feature was a large doll house that covered most of one wall which included and was large enough for normal sized Barbie's and everything in the doll house worked.

"Thank you, Momma!", Beth shouted with glee as she wrapped me up in a hug.

"My pleasure, Beth.", I silently thanked the powers for their provision and knew that soon I would have to make arrangements to have the addition put on our rental bill.

"Why don't you go pick up Beth's Granny and I can watch over Beth while you are gone?"

"That is good thinking, Hanna. Beth would you like to stay in here with your Aunt Beth and play Barbie while I go pick up your Granny?"

"Yes, Momma. I'll be good for Aunt Hanna. Goodbye."

"Bye, Beth and Hanna", I waited for Beth's room door to close behind me before I gathered my Tesseract and appeared on Rylos back at the Shrine to pick up Mother. I didn't have long to wait before Mother was coming through the doorway to greet me herself.

"Hello, Felicity. Are you come to take me home?" I assumed so and I've already said my farewells here. They are very busy now with a group of new recruits to see me off but they send their regards."

"Yes Mother. I'll tell you the long of it latter. The short of it is that you have a new grandaughter, my daughter, Beth who is waiting at home and is eager to meet you.

"That's wonderful news, Felicity. It seems like you have found family, yet again. I'm very glad for your new addition. Let's go meet Beth."

"I wrapped my tesseract around both of us and we vanished from Rylos and we appeared outside the door to Beth's bedroom. I opened her door and we joined Beth and Hanna inside"

"Beth, Hanna, we are home. Beth, I'd like for you to meet your Granny Lynn."

"Granny!" Beth engulfed Lynn best she could in a big hug.

"I have an errand to take care of in Mrs. Dumfries' office. See you all soon."

This time I walked to Mrs. Dumfries office. She told me to come in. She must have been expecting me because she had Miss Tarquin beside her with a stack of papers. I walked through the door and took a seat.

"I have another addition to my family to live with me. I want to adopt the orphan girl, Miss Elizabeth that was left behind when we cured the Oopsey Daisy.

"That's a very sad story about the orphan girl's life. I want to assure you that Habib was reprimanded by the highest authority for his part in it. Also I'd like to thank you for adopting Beth. Evidently she has been our guest at One April Morning for quite a long time but her welfare has been neglected. I feel that she will be in very good hands as your daughter. As for payment for the rest of this month for Beth's room and her stay with us, it is waived for services rendered. A fight on the grounds would have led to much damage and expenses as evidenced by the destruction of the folly and fire in Habib's mishap. Thank you for seeing to our well being, Felicity."

"My Pleasure, Mrs. Dumfries. Thank you for your part in helping me find my family."

"My Pleasure, Felicity. Miss. Tarquin has some papers for you to sign to take care of all the legalities before you leave."

"Thank you.", I signed all of the paperwork that Miss. Tarquin put before me, Then I took my leave of them and returned home to my family

Inside I was greeted by a big group hug from Lynn, Beth and Hanna, my family.

"I'm home! I have found my family and that is all of you!"

The End of Felicity Finds Family

up
22 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos