Felicity finds Family -05- Oopsie Daisy

Printer-friendly version

Felicity Finds Family:
5/Oopsey Daisy

From Erin's One April Morning Multiverse
Into Sasha's Shared Universe

By Sasha Zarya Nexus

What will Felicity learn looking for signs of Magic at the April Morning Hotel and Bed and Breakfast?



I woke from a wonderful restful sleep even though I now knew that I could call on the energy reserves of the Tesseract to refresh me without having slept. I was clearly still completely human so unlike Hanna, having the Tesseract heal me from lack of sleep would be the exception rather than the rule. Just so many exciting things had happened in such a short time that I needed to bounce them off of my new sister, Hanna.

I recalled that I had learned, or re-learned as Hanna explained, about a bit of stable magic that I had done in making the exchanges with the Cosmeg and Electron aspects of the Multiverse and the physic law bleed over into our universe being perfectly canceled out. I resolved that I might take another tour of the hotel and grounds but this time staying completely obscured by my Tesseract and viewing the world from the unique point of view which would enable me to see the results of any breaches between our universe and another aspect of the Multiverse..

First I would have to shower and get dressed . I intended to check on Mother and fix her breakfast in bed. Later we would need to decide what to do about the shopping trip that Momma had nixed last night due to the weather. This morning the weather had not maintained the steady assault on the Hotel that it did overnight. It was in that in between state where it had not made up its mind what she would do. Some places were treated to sprinkling showers while others were untouched by rain yet the sun did not peak out except for one ray which illuminated the kitchenette window of the basement rooms.

I showered without thinking much about the wonderful body that I had now inhabited. I had been fully female for years in my previous life and had spent the last month getting accustomed to the body of the young woman that I now wore. I frowned for a moment looking at my closet knowing that it was not only Momma who needed more clothes since I had been literally wearing the same things for a month, It was all good clothes which fit me well and accented my beauty that the Observer had picked out for me but it was time to give them a rest and wear something different.

I had been expecting to give Momma breakfast in bed but she had already made up the bed and clearly was up for the day. She heard me stirring in her room and called out to me.

”Come into the kitchen, Felicity. I’d love to get your take on what I’m doing in here.”

”Coming, Momma!”

I left Mother’s bedroom and came into the Kitchen. Momma was seated at the kitchen table with my laptop in front of her and beside that a cup of coffee and a glass of orange juice. There was another place set beside her with a freshly poured cup of coffee and glass of orange juice and a small plate which contained a freshly baked cinnamon roll which had come from a platter which sat in the center of the table full of cinnamon rolls. As I got closer, I noticed that Momma was browsing a clothing site and was looking at a dress from the same designer as one of the dresses that was part of my limited wardrobe.

”Felicity, please come sit with me and tell me what you think of this dress?”

”Mom, it looks delicious. How long have you been up browsing clothing?”

”For a while now and before that I made a list of the designers and sizes of things in your closet. First I went through and ordered a duplicate of each of the things in your wardrobe for me. We know that your clothes both fit and suit me so it makes sense to start off my wardrobe with a duplicate of yours. If we sometimes dress alike, its okay but I know we each would like some clothes unique for ourselves. I thought that I would go through the web sites again and pick out some different things that we each could try on when they arrived and decide who’s closet they would go into.”

”Thank you, Mom. Is it that obvious that I have gotten so focused on sorting out what I can do? You do know that I want to take time out with you and do a mother daughter shopping spree.”

”All in good time. I don’t want to get out in this icky weather and I’m guessing that you are eager to look at the goings on at April Morning to see if you can learn from the magic happening around us like you did with your power sources. Do you trust me to do all the ordering or would you like to pick out some things for yourself?”

”Of course, I trust you Momma. I think that both getting yourself a duplicate of the things that I own and also to order some other variations in the same sizes is brilliant. I will really look forward to the fashion show once the clothes arrives. I am pretty excited to seeing what I can learn. I plan to cloak myself in the tesseract to keep myself unobserved while I observe and enable me to make a hasty retreat if needed.”

”Felicity, I’ll let you get on with it then. Try not to get too close since Hanna thinks it would be a bad idea if one of those magical entities targeted you. Have fun, daughter!”

I finished my cinnamon roll and orange juice as we talked . For some reason this new body of mine really did not have a liking for coffee. A fact that I was often regretted. Momma had the shopping well in hand and it appeared that she was enjoying buying things she thought that I would like. Who was I to spoil her fun? I was ready to find out about the magic that the other users of the hotel by looking for the signs that their magic left behind in the world of my Tesseract.

”Thank you Mother! Have a good day!

I expanded my Tesseract from the pinpoint that it shrunk to when I wasn’t actively using it so that it completely engulfed me and I vanished from my Mother’s sight. Yet I was in the same room., standing where I had just gotten up and pushed my chair back to the table. Momma was still looking at me and smiling for a moment before she turned back to the computer and her shopping online. I looked around the room for any signs of magic. There were no signs from me since I had not attempted any yet. If Hanna had done any magic there, she had been able to completely close as though it did not occur.. I left walking through walls to see the various rooms on the third floor and I saw no remains of magic in any of them.

That was more than made up for in the huge number of oopsie’s that I had seen the remnants of through out the hotel. While there were patterns where you might ascribe the activities to one entity, I could not be certain since there were remnants of magic all over. I looked for patterns in the signs left behind but I could not be certain of anything. It was as if no one practicing Magic at One April Morning was concerning themselves about the consequences of the physical laws of the aspects of the Multiverse that had an exchange occur . In each case it appeared that something outside the mansion but within the grounds was automatically countering the physical law effects nullifying them by opening the opposite at the same time at the same remote location.

I knew that this was something that I would like Hanna to see and ask her if I had reached the correct conclusion about all the Oopsies. I remembered that she did not wish me to telepathically shout for her unless it was a real emergency which I was not sure this was yet. Instead I used the Tesseract which I was using as a cloaked transport to whisk me out of the mansion toward the Grandmother Grove Garden. I saw Hanna working in the garden so I retracted my Tesseract back to that pinpoint inside my spirit and appeared before her.

”Felicity, you’ve got to be careful with appearing like that. You don’t want any of the mundanes to see you appear out of thin air.”

”I’m careful, Hanna. I looked out in all directions before I appeared and not one mundane was looking my way. I really need your guidance to see if I correctly interpreted these signs of magic that I found in the hotel.”

”In order for me to tell if you are interpreting correctly, I’ll have to see the signs from the same point of view that you had. Where were you when you saw the signs?”

”Different areas of the Mansion from inside my Tesseract.”

”Then I guess I’ll need to ride with you inside your Tessaract. The coast is clear you can do it now.”

When Hanna said the word ‘now’, I popped out my Tesseract of sufficient size to envelope both of us. Not wanting to waste any time, I transported us to the site where I had seen the most signs of magic. I again reaffirmed my belief that the caster had made no attempt to counter the physical law dilution caused by the exchange of material from another aspect of the Multiverse. And I saw where the effect had been countered by a complimentary exchange of material. This time I was able to look closer and find that the counter signs all occurred deep inside the earth beneath the portion of the lot used to dry out the wood in piles.

”I can’t believe it. It’s not just the Djinni, all the entities using magic at One April Morning are so careless to not even try to counter the effect of opening aspects of the Multiverse to exchange things. And it is all going off without a hitch since there is something planted in the fallow field underneath the wood piles that is countering all of the other acts of magic. All of the signs of the counter aspects opening around that area are obscuring what it is at the center of that phenomena that is causing it!”

”That’s what I thought. What could be the purpose of something keeping the Multiverse in balance at One April Morning where it is so easy to reach into another aspect of the Multiverse?”

”Either something too good for it’s own good or something out for no good. Speaking of something out for no good, there go Habib and Simon down the path to the Indian Summer Folly. Habib might know what’s going on. We might like to keep an eye on them. But before we do, we should go pick up Mother. If something is going to go Oopsie, It would be better if our whole family was together.”

I did as Hanna had asked and went back up within the Tesseract to where she was still shopping on my laptop in our rooms on the third floor. I caused the Tesseract to surround Momma and she vanished from the room and became aware that she was present with Hanna and I.

”What’s going on, daughters of mine?”

”Just a precaution, Momma. Hanna had a sense of foreboding about the near future and we thought that it might be better if the Family was all together for it. Things happening outside in the real world don’t normally effect what happens within the Tesseract so we all will be safe. Instead of Hanna using her own magic, she wanted to see what I was seeing so she could help me interpret the strange goings on around here.”

”I love you too Hanna and you too, Felicity. I guess the sooner you both discover what is going on, the sooner that I can get on with my shopping. It appears that the wifi signal for the laptop doesn’t reach inside the Tesseract. “

”You may be glad that things can’t get in here before the day is out, Momma.”

”Okay, let’s go. We were following Habib and Simon out to the Indian Summer Folly behind the Mansion beside the small lake out there.”

I moved us out passing through the wall into the air above the path that led down to the Folly. I noticed yet another single sign of magic used open, The effect of the magic was that the Folly was no longer able to be observed from the Hotel since another of the thunder bumper storms from last night had appeared between the Hotel and the Folly. I moved us into position so that the storm did not shield us from viewing the Folly as we hovered above the lake within the Tesseract. I was sure that Simon could not see us and If Habib could see us he wasn’t paying us any attention.

”Hanna, we have quite a view over all of One April Morning that the storm is not covering. It seems like the storm is getting closer. And look over to the woodpiles. There is another open new sign of magic countering what Habib had opened. I wish that I knew what that Oopsie Daisy was that is planted in the wood drying field. What could be the purpose of that Oopsie Daisy?”

”Not sure but Habib is conjuring something else. He wouldn’t conjure from the Promethian aspect of the Multiverse! That’s just insane, Felicity! He’s conjured some fallen star matter!”

”What’s that Hanna?”

”In the Promethian aspect of the Multiverse, it randomly grants super powers. It’s highly unstable and with the widely divergent physical laws of this aspect almost anything could happen.”

”And usually does, Hanna.”

”What’s that Momma?”

”Murphy was an optimist.”

”Oh! I get that, Momma. Felicity, watch out! We’re between that opening that Habib conjured and the complimentary one that just opened out at the Oopsie Daisy.! And that storm is so close to the folly now that. Oopsie!”

I could see in that moment that Simon had finally chosen to touch the Promethian fallen star matter and in the same instant lightening has struck the folly. But it seemed that reality had shattered as a number of aspects of the Multiverse manifested themselves all at the same time. However we were anchored by the interaction of the open aspects of the Multiverse interacting as they all closed at the same time. I wasn’t sure which aspect that emerged was the basis for our reality, since my attention was diverted elsewhere.

”Oh my Goddess! So that is the Oopsie Daisy!”

My attention was totally on the Oopsie Daisy which had somehow sprung out of the soil. The form of it was vaguely that of a person yet it was covered in such bright light that telling details was out of the question. So I guess this is how I define Oopsie.

"What is that, Hanna and Felicity? Is it friendly?"

Just then a blast of Tesseract enhanced energy emerged from the brightly lit figure on a collision course with us.

"Just guessing its NOT FRIENDLY!"

"Teleport, teleport NOW!"

"Oopsie Daisy!"

up
57 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oopsie Daisy, Indeed!

I am guessing that what was seen is not the Shekinah Glory, But could be It's opposite, or some Being such as Sauron, or Melkor from Middle Earth, or something equally malevolent, like a "Q". But what it is is hopefully countered by the Ladies.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Felicity Finds Family -05-

This is one of the last comments that Stanman made on my work. Out of all of the comments that Stanman made on my stories, ones like this one where Stanman was excited by a story element was very fulfilling. I hope that the payoff when posted will be equal to Stanman's expectation. I shall miss you my friend.

Sasha Zarya Nexus

All my hopes
Sasha Zarya Nexus

Definitely an unfriendly

Renee_Heart2's picture

Wow what has Flicity gotten herself into now? Well WHATEVER this creature is it is NOT friendly & what are the other two doing anyway are they part of hydra? The force that was destroyed or some other faction? I look forward to finding out.

Love Samantha Renee Heart