Woodcrest #5: Investigating Audrey Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

“Who exactly are you?” I raised an eyebrow at the new girl. Leina, Leina, who the hell was Leina?

“Oh don’t worry,” She giggled as she stepped confidently around me, leaning in and speaking quickly into my ear; her hot breath resonated against my skin. “You’re going to get to know me REALLY well.”

“Jesus!” I stepped back quickly and glared at her. “Personal space, bitch!”

“I just happen to be the sister of someone you know really, really well,” Leina grinned, side stepping and circling us. Aleah, Courtney, and I turned rapidly, trying to track her confident movements. She seriously moved around like she owned the place. “You know…Audrey?”

“Oh dear god,” Aleah gasped. “Audrey has a SISTER?”

“Ding ding, that’s right!” Leina confirmed, stopping abruptly in front of Aleah and leaning inward so that their noses nearly touched. “And I want to know EVERYTHING you’ve done to her because let me tell you, I’ve heard some really nasty things. Now we wouldn’t want them to turn out to be…true, would we?”

I stared at Leina, trying my best to read her. From her words, I would have expected her to be angry, but she wasn’t, or at least not as far as I could tell. If anything she was gleeful, and that was even more terrifying.

“Okay look,” Aleah said defensively. “Audrey came to US, she wanted to know how to do the whole girl thing and-“

“Bzzzzzt! Wrong!” Leina made a mock buzzing sound with her mouth, wagging her finger. “You mean you beat her, tied her up, and then convinced her to come back here so you could play dress up with her. You naughty, naughty bitches. Lie like that again and there’ll be consequences.”

“Oh my god,” I growled. “She broke into the house, so yeah, we tied her up, she looked like a guy, what were we supposed to do?”

“You’re supposed to tell the truth,” Leina smiled sweetly and extended her index finger, just enough to give me a swift poke on the nose. I recoiled. “And then what did you do? Ohhh yes, you made her break up with her girlfriend.”

“They were going to break up anyway,” Aleah argued. “Chastity is a bitch and if you’ve been following it all this closely, then you know that.”

“I know all of that,” Leina stepped a little closer to Aleah; if she’d moved any closer they would literally be kissing. “In your own twisted, fucked up way, you’ve done alright by her, but you know what I want to know? I want to know if it’s all been some stupidly lucky coincidence. Sure, you’ve pushed her out of her shell, but was it intentional? What are your intentions toward my sister? You know, the sister I’ve known since…well, since we were kids. You know, I walked her to the bus stop every day for school, I made her lunch every single day since she came off mom’s teat, I was there for her first play, her first piano recital…”

“Um, when did Audrey stop breastfeeding?” I raised an eyebrow.

“She plays the piano?” Courtney mused.

“Okay look,” Aleah said, raising her hands. “We just help her, we don’t have any grand design. We haven’t really pushed her to do anything.”

I think that was a lie. That was definitely a lie.

“I’m not convinced,” Leina said, raising a finger to her chin. “Here’s the thing, I’m keeping her away from here until I know for SURE that you’re not using her for something. You’re Gamma Alpha Tau, the supposed ‘toughest’ sorority on campus. You use people, it’s what you do.”

“And what makes you think that?” I rolled my eyes. As I spoke, Leina moved in close, too close for comfort and whisper into my ear.

“Because I use people too,” She said gleefully and immediately pulled back. “Oh this is going to be so much fun.”

“Yeah,” Aleah sighed. “You have your fun, but we need Audrey back here, like now.”

“Oh?” Leina smiled. “Why’s that? What’s the hurry?”

“Panhellenic is here,” I explained. “They want to talk to Audrey; Chastity told them that we had guys living here, and we need to prove that Audrey isn’t a guy. Well more importantly we need to prove that Audrey exists.”

“Oh, you’re in quite the pickle then, aren’t you?” Leina grinned. “Your chapter is on the line, and you need my sister, but to get to my sister, you need me. Wow, you’re having a bad day.”

“Look, I’m begging you,” I said insistently. “Please, get Audrey here so we can fix this. We help her a lot, it’s not going to help her if the chapter is shut down-“

“I can help her,” Leina shrugged, suddenly stepping backward and plopping down onto the couch next to Kari who was still lost in her book. “She’s MY sister after all. I can share my clothes, teach her to act like a girl, all the cool things that sisters do for eachother. I’m kinda looking forward to it actually. She won’t be spending her time here doing your bidding, so I don’t see what the downside is?”

“She doesn’t do our bidding!” I argued. “Come on, we just help her with makeup and stuff-“

“So making her fix that laptop wasn’t-“

“How do you even know about that?” Aleah demanded. “Like literally, how do you know all of this?”

“I see everything,” Leina said, giggling almost manically. “I hear everything, I know EVERYTHING. If it has to do with my little sister, I know it. Don’t try to hide stuff from me, I’ll come down on you like the Goddess of Thunder and eat your thyroid like a snack.”

“Listen,” Kari said, finally speaking up. “I’ve been a member of GAT for two years, and I can say with certainty that Aleah would never do anything to hurt Audrey.”

“Three years?” I mouthed silently at Aleah, who shrugged.

“Be that as it may-“ Leina began, but was cut short by Ellen re-appearing from the conference room.

“Okay ladies,” She said, clapping her hands as she stepped forward. “I think I’ve gathered enough information, and my resolution stands. I’m going to need to speak with this…Audrey before I even consider allowing this chapter to continue. So, as it stands, you have forty-eight hours to produce her or I’ll be filing my report with Panhellenic which will undoubtedly result in the closure of this…cess pool, which was a long time coming in any case.”

“Thanks for the vote of confidence,” I rolled my eyes.

“Hey,” Kari said, glancing up from her book again. “You didn’t interview me, I’m a proud member of Gamma Alpha Tau!”

“Oh, that’s right,” Ellen frowned, looking through a list affixed to her clipboard. “What’s your name?”

“Kari,” She said proudly, standing from the couch. Of course, her name wouldn’t be on the list, she wasn’t actually a member of GAT.

“Oh, here it is, Kari Leanne,” She nodded. “Alright, follow me into the conference room please.”

I gawked at them as they disappeared into the conference room, then looked over to Aleah who looked just as shocked as I was. I shook my head and returned to the matter at hand.

“Leina,” I said firmly, trying to keep the fear out of my voice. “We really need Audrey, why don’t we go get her, sort this whole thing out, and then we can positively show you that we only have the best of intentions toward her.”

“Or we can do it the other way around,” Leina smiled, standing up from the couch. “You prove to me that you want the best for Audrey, and then we’ll talk about bringing her back here and saving your little clubhouse.”

up
91 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I like Leina, and she's got

I like Leina, and she's got gat right where she wants them.

Leina

she's awesome!

DogSig.png

Hmmmmm I think

Samantha Heart's picture

Leanna was GAT at one time as well lol. Just by the way she acts.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

That smugness will bite in the end

Jamie Lee's picture

The smugness exhibited by Leina will come back to bite her at some point in her life. The way she uses people will eventually cause her to be with no one but bottom feeders later in her life. People will only take her kind of attitude for so long before they walk away from her, leaving her to herself.

Those girls have put themselves into the corner, and are now being squeezed. They act like they have the upper hand until they get caught at something.

Others have feelings too.