When Worlds Collide part 2

Printer-friendly version

When Worlds Collide
Part 2
Veronica (Ronnie)

I’ve been up since about four in the morning. All the things that Tracy and I talked about last night have been running through head since I tried to sleep. I just can’t wrap my head around the things she told me. Mitch being transgender isn’t even an issue but it is shocking as hell.

But I’ve been looking for this Megan Sessions for about 2 hours now and nothing, I’ve found people with that name and none of them can match. It’s just like she appeared out of thin air and that has me worried.

Tracy said Mitch was loaded and I know she got a lot of money when her dad was killed, so maybe it’s some sort of con I mean it wouldn’t be the first time something like this happened right? That’s got to be it, I’ll have to check with a couple of contacts from the NSA, maybe they can find something. I need to find out how much Tracy really has.

Its 7 am before Tracy makes her way into the living room, I’m on like my fifth cup of coffee, I get up and make her a cup and come back giving her a wraparound hug as I hand her coffee.
Hey babe, how are you feeling? I ask.
I’m ok, kinda still in a mental funk and I really don’t know what to think. Tracy sighs.
Me either. I reply, now don’t freak out on me, I know we don’t talk a lot about this and if this hadn’t come up I never would have asked. But how much money do you really have?

Tracy doesn’t say anything for a minute, thinking of the right way to respond, it’s true they’ve never discussed money it really never came up they had enough so it was never an issue.

Um I’m sorry Ronnie I guess I just don’t think about it because it’s all related to bad things and times, ya know?

I know sweetie I’m sorry I asked but it could be that’s why this is happening. I say as softly as I can.

Your right Ronnie it is a true possibility, I guess someone could have talked after Mitch was thrown out that window and now that he is dead someone could definitely be looking for a big score.

Ok so you know after you guys saved Robin, you know Mitch set it up so that she and her mom could change their names and disappear right? Asked Tracy.

Ya I know I set it up and you did the email correspondence and made sure they got the money, clear up until her dad ran off and left the country after the fall out of his dirty cop friend that decided to send all that information to the press and Congressman Jones killed him.

Right well that all came from the money that Mitch got when his parents died. When I got the email that Robin and her mom were good and no longer needed the money because she was done with college and had got her dream job. And she could take care of her mom. Still not sure what names they are using now, but that’s probably for the best. Well that was 6 months before Mitch was killed. Anyway, Mitch never used that money ever, he hated it. Thought it was blood money or something. So he left it in the account and that’s the only time I ever seen it used.

Well when I checked the last payment to Robin there was a little over 300 million dollars in it, I haven’t looked since, and I know it’s mine now but it just feels weird to use it. And I got about 250 thousand after my dad was killed and that and what I make is what I’ve been living off of and I still have 165 thousand left from dads death so we are set. Tracy said dispassionately.

Shit! Well I guess that sure could be a real reason to be snooping around now. I’m not sure if we should even bother going to this meeting it could be a really bad idea.

But I, she started to say as I interrupted her, ya I know you want to see, so I’ll call a contact in the NSA and see what she can find out because I’ve had no luck the chick just doesn’t exist. Every person with that name is too young to old or dead and as far as I can tell none of the id’s have been stolen.

It’s the morning that we are supposed to go meet “Megan” my friend had gotten back to me and well she couldn’t find anything either, nothing she just didn’t exist. She did mention a name from a police report in a small town, Alta Utah, seems a group of guys five the report said had tried to rape a girl and well they won’t be walking much, their knees had been smashed, lots of broken bones and the guys all claimed it was a she demon. All the victim could add was that she thought she heard the name Megan while hanging out in the club. But that was it. If it was our girl I had a big doubt of that but it might be a way to trip her up.

I don’t think this is such a good idea Tracy! Ronnie spoke urgently. I really think you should let me go in first it could really go sideways in a hurry. She stated for the hundredth time on the way to the diner.

Look love I know you are worried but its Joanne’s Diner, its popular and always packed. What’s going to happen a wild shoot out? Laughed Tracy. Besides she’s a girl how scary can she be?

Hey I’m a girl and I’m pretty damn scary! Ronnie replied with a little heat to her voice. I was in the Army and worked for the NSA you remember, right?

Yes babe I know, but not every girl gets to be 007 Tracy grabbed and squeezed her girlfriend’s hand.
I will say that I’m glad you gave that up after Mitch though, I really would have never gotten through the last year and a half. Said Tracy with more than a touch of sadness to her words.

Sighing Ronnie shook her head I’m sorry to sweetie it’s been rough on both of us. Mitch was the only true friend I ever had and he was definitely more family I ever had until you. She smiled as she remembered the first time she’d seen Tracy. I couldn’t breathe she reflected stole my breath she laughed out loud.

Tracy chuckled same here beautiful, I thought I’d had a heart attack and was seeing an angel.

Ok were here, remember let me check it out before you follow me in. Stated Ronnie

Ya ya I know I’ll wait for the signal sighed Tracy. It’s not like Mitch didn’t train me in anything or nothing ya know she grumbled.

I know, but please just for me ok? Ronnie asked.

Yes, but don’t take all day smiled Tracy as Ronnie rolled her eyes in response.

up
112 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Not Sure That Helps...

Seems to me that if it is a trap, Tracy's just as vulnerable -- or more so -- on her own outside while Ronnie's inside looking for Megan. Tracy, as they noted, has the millions in the bank that would justify an abduction.

Eric

Getting more interesting

Jamie Lee's picture

Ronnie needs to take a chill pill. She more wound up than Tracy, and more worried about her money than Tracy is.

Mitch saves Tracy from getting raped and he gets suspended. Payback backfires as the 5 brothers are put in the hospital. It wasn't clear about who was suspended this time, but 5 on 1 leads one to believe the 5 were.

Stupid start fights before knowing their opponent. Smart people never fight unless a life is on the line. And then it's to neutralize the opponent.

Wonder how Ronnie will react when she sees the person sitting by herself?

Others have feelings too.