When Worlds Collide

Printer-friendly version

Hey everyone! It’s been awhile I’m sorry my muse ran away.  But she’s back with a vengeance and a new story just won’t leave until I get it written. I might finis “The Night” series but it has been placed on the back burner.
So anyway here is the first part of my new story When Worlds Collide, enjoy and please leave comments and thumbs up if you like it, please also remember that this is a work of fiction!

When Worlds Collide
Part 1

She walked into the diner, it wasn’t much. One of those that had a kitchen the back with a front counter that worked as a bar, as well as the location of the register. Some of the morning crowd sat on the bar stools having breakfast. The rest of the room was filled with 10 booths and 12 tables. The diner had 20 people in total, the patrons numbering 14 plus 6 workers.

Very few of the patrons even bothered to look up at the new arrival, it was 9am on a Saturday and she was hardly noteworthy in her style of dress. A baggy oversized gray hoodie with no design and jeans, with nondescript tennis shoes.

She took her customary booth in the back so she could watch the entrance and no one could get behind her considering her booth sat against the wall. She pulled the hood back revealing her midnight black hair. She left her mirrored steel framed sunglasses on until she could close the blinds.

Placing her glasses on the table, she waited. Ordered coffee when the waitress arrived and told her she had friends coming so she would wait until they arrived to order.

She was early as was her custom, arrive early check out anything that may seem amiss and assess the situation. She had reason to be worried her quote unquote friends she had never met before all she had were two first names and a phone number.

Not much to go on but that’s all she had. That’s all she could remember of her past extremely frustrating which is why she had waited 18 months to even bother calling the number.

The conversation had pretty much gone how she expected, I mean how would, anyone react by getting a call from someone they didn’t know; with no answers as how they had your name and a phone number. And of course let’s not forget the fact she only had a first, middle and last name for herself. So yes the conversation had been anything but interesting.

She dialed the number that had been burning in her mind for 18 months, ever since she woke up in her “coffin” she chuckled at the thought.
The other end picked up, she wasn’t sure what to say, but the voice started the conversation without even a hello.

Who is this? Asked the voice

This is Megan, was the answer

Megan who?

Look is this Ronnie? I don’t have time to play games I have your number and I need to know some things that only you or someone named Tracy might have the answers to!

The mention of Tracy got Ronnie’s attention, yes this is Ronnie, again who is this and how did you get this number?
My name is Megan Sessions and I will meet you in one day, at Joanne’s Diner at 10 am I’ll be in the back in a grey hoodie. She hung up.

So here she sat and waited. Hopefully she found some answers.

========================

Who was that? Her girlfriend Tracy asked.

I’m not sure answered Ronnie, that phone is a burner that I have for emergencies, and only 3 people had that number. Robin had it
so she could call if her dad found her and her mom. Mitch and Sloan Synclair had it but they are both dead so…. I have no idea how this Megan Sessions person got it.

Tracy sat bolt upright and looked at Ronnie, the color drained from her face. Megan Sessions? She asked in a whisper.

It had taken an hour before she’d gotten Tracy calmed down enough to tell her the story.

We were just kids back then hell we were maybe 10. Tracy had recalled. Mitch and I at time were just the best of friends, my dad hadn’t adopted him yet. That didn’t happen until 2 years later that he became my brother. We were in my room just talking and listening to music. We’d been friends for 5 years, his parents had moved into the neighborhood just before kindergarten started.

Anyway he just looked at me and was all serious, I stopped and looked at him. He opened his mouth to say something several times but nothing came out. I told him he could tell me anything were best friends things would never change. I never thought they would but what he said changed both our worlds forever.

He stared at the floor and said “my name really isn’t Mitch, its Megan”. I’m not a boy on the inside I’m a girl. I was speechless for a second and he I guess she got up to leave. I jumped up and grabbed her in big hug. I don’t care I said you are still my best friend and now maybe we could be sisters?

Waite a minute; your telling that, Mitch, army ranger, Special Forces, leader of the Demon Dogs. The man that was so far into black ops that the sun could never find him….. was Trans? Ronnie asked almost shouting.

Yup Ronnie I am saying that. She was so sweet and caring, not that later that changed but there was a sadness, and a toughness that never left after he was adopted.

He was adopted? He never talked like he wasn’t just born into your family. Maybe I didn’t know him that well after all.

Ronnie you knew him better than anyone other than me after he changed, maybe even better than me. Now listen and I’ll finish my story and tell you why the name is so important!

We became inseparable after that even more than before, he lived just across the street so every day after, and on weekends Megan would come out to play. I taught her everything about being a girl, well at least as much as I knew back then.

We played dress up, make up and everything. Worked on mannerisms and how to sit in a dress, fashion ect. She really did become my sister.

One day maybe one year later my dad heard us playing and happened to be walking by going to his room for something. And the door was slightly ajar and well needless to say we were busted.

Dad was amazing him being a therapist really helped Megan that day he talked to both of us. After he got Megan calmed down of course she figured she was dead and that we would never be allowed to be friends anymore.

Megan begged and pleaded for him not to say anything to his parents because he feared what they might do. They’d caught her a few times in her mother’s things and beat him pretty good. So he agreed and we held off saying anything but my dad wanted to talk to Megan at least two times a week until they did talk to her parents.

He wanted to make sure that this was the real thing and not a phase or anything but he also wanted Megan to feel safe and explore who she was.

One year later when were all talking the concept of puberty came up and Megan freaked, no way was she going to be a boy! She wanted to know if he could help. He said he could but they would have to talk to her parents because it was all legal stuff and had to have the parents onboard.

Dad said that he would go with her to talk to them and that she would be ok. He wouldn’t let anything bad happen to her.

Megan knew different but she trusted my dad so I stayed home and they went over to her house. Megan was still dressed and my dad really thought that Megan’s parents were good people they hadn’t shown anything that would contradict that.

Dad knew that Mitch was transgendered and that this was the only way so they went over. Dad talked to them and they seemed shocked and very interested in helping their child to become who she was supposed to be.

They did everything right to get my dad to believe that they understood, they told him that they needed to talk to Megan alone and since my dad felt things were good he gave Megan a hug, shook their hands and told them if they had any questions to call him day or night and that he would help Megan get the help she needed.

He came home and got a phone call and needed to get to the hospital, seems one of his patience tried to commit suicide. He blamed himself clear up until he died for what happened next.

He left and it was almost like they were waiting for him to leave, he found out later it was Mitch’s mom that had a connection inside the hospital make the call to get him out of the house.

The second he left the violence began, screaming, shouting the sound of things hitting the walls, found out later it wasn’t things it was Megan. They did horrible things to her. She got away ran to her room that was on the top floor of their 2 story home. She looked out the window and saw me looking out at her she waved once and then the door to her room shattered.
Her dad came in smacked her in the face and threw her out the window, she didn’t even scream as she fell and hit the ground. He turned around and he and his wife jumped into their car and just left.

I ran for Megan, she was a mess. Blood everywhere so much blood. I ran inside to find the house phone still working called 9-1-1 and just tried to hold her until the cops and the paramedics arrived.

Mitch’s parents were loaded, so freaking filthy rich it was sad. The ensuing police chase that ended when his parents went off that old canyon road taking a corner killed them so he was left everything.

Ronnie noticed the change in gender and pronouns but didn’t comment.

Well anyway after Mitch got out of the hospital and my dad adopted him, I still think it was because he felt guilty about everything is the only reason he did end up adopting him. Mitch never said anything and adjusted to life as some sort of normal but Megan never came back she was just gone! I tried a few times but Mitch just looked at me like I was nuts, so I never mentioned Megan again.

After the adoption he took our last name, and he pretty much became the person that you knew. He always took care of me and everyone knew not to fuck with his sister. God I remember in high school I could never get a date no one wanted to be on his bad side. Hell even when I told him I was gay, all he said was

“Sis, I’ll always be there for you and protect you”.

I had an issue, once our freshman year with few guys that thought they’d straighten me out.

They had me against the wall after school one day and well, I shut my eyes expecting the worst, and cringing waiting for the punch that never came. And kind of zoned out, guess my brain sort of shut down Suddenly I heard his voice telling me I was ok and then he grabbed me into a huge hug and got me outside. I looked back and all 4 of those boys were on the ground, some rolling in agony, others not even moving.

He got suspended for that for a week but after that day no one even breathed on me funny. I guess those martial arts classes that he took 6 days a week payed off, god he was scary when he was in a fight. Those same boys had their 5 older brothers that were seniors and on the football team, damn they were huge, try to get him for payback. But it didn’t go as planned they were toast before they even got passed the idea of getting him.
She laughed, the football team had to cancel the season because they didn’t have enough to make up a team because those 5 boys played both offensive and defensive line, and they were in the hospital and then there was suspensions handed out on top of that.

And now you know the story most of it anyway. Oh the name right. Keep it together Tracy. She mumbled to herself.

I’d asked her what her full name was and I expected it to be Megan Sanderson like her last name was back then. She said she picked Megan and that I could pick her last name and we would both decide on a middle name.

Well I was so ecstatic that she wanted me to help name her I felt truly honored. So I picked Sessions for my favorite author at the time and we both picked Rose. So her name was Megan Rose Sessions!

Tracy was in tears at the conclusion of her story, all I could do was hold her. I was shocked I had no idea what to even say. I kissed her hair and just held on as she cried herself out.

Left alone with my thoughts why I held Tracy crying in my arms I thought back to everything I knew about the man I had considered a brother. The fact he was trans didn’t matter he was still the best brother I’d ever had and besides he was dead now. Killed in action, with the rest of the Demon Dogs so the military said. Exactly happened they weren’t saying, but that’s normal for classified information.

I never knew someone like Mitch, I said to Tracy when she’d calmed down enough to hear me. A heart of gold to his friends but colder than death to his enemies, that time we saved the congressman’s daughter Robin was her name in that sex slave scandal was extremely eye opening. He went in there and just destroyed them. He killed with an efficiency and ruthlessness that couldn’t be described. He was the ultimate leader and did his job and expected the same from those in his squad. The Demon Dogs was a 5 member super unit that merciless in their missions.

I only got to be around because of my computer and intelligence knowledge, I was never personally on the missions, not that I couldn’t handle myself in a fire fight or hand to hand but those guys went from one black op to the next never saying anything about how they needed a day off. Hell I kinda thought they were slightly nuts. But Mitch liked me not sure why maybe I reminded him of you and wanted to make sure I was prepared.

He trained me well, but I never could beat him, son of a bitch was crazy with a knife preferring them to fire arms in close quarters. Dangerous with side arms and rifles, but knives Jesus he moved like the wind, he would attack in, out, and around you so fast, it was just crazy. But I saw how he protected his squad and the ones around him. Never giving an order that he wouldn’t do himself.

What are we gonging to do? And when do we get to meet this person? Asked Tracy with a slight bounce in her voice.

I don't know yet, at least we have a day to try to figure it out. This is not good, not good at all sighed Ronnie.

up
174 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

And Next Story...

Maybe you'll collaborate with Snowfall and WolfJess. You know, like Lyssa and all her protégées in deadliness.

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

I'm not sure I'm good enough

I'm not sure I'm good enough to get involved in there story line. But thank you
They are both really great authors.
I will stay in my own little world lol :)

Don't Suppose It's Relevant...

...but Tracy and Ronnie are both androgynous names. Tracy here was obviously female, but there were only two gender-IDs for Ronnie, and I missed them both on first reading. So when Ronnie talked about being the tech for Mitch's group and getting hand-to-hand combat training from him, my mind went in the other direction.

Anyway, certainly looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Eric

Pulled right in

Jamie Lee's picture

Talk about a chapter grabbing the reader's attention. Going to keep reading to find out more.

Others have feelings too.