SF21

Printer-friendly version

Story under construction.

up
62 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmm....

Was that a hint of the old Bryce peeking through what was done to him?

I'm not sure what "Thanatos" would be thinking could be used against Amber... Except for Bryce himself, but as I understand it, Irkalla's minion shouldn't be capable of showing sadness, certainly not unintentionally. Amber also already knows Bryce is not presently himself and is prepared even to kill him if there's no way to save him.

Abigail Drew.

Oh, yes.

That very much was a Bryce moment. The new Thanatos has all of Bryce and all of the original Thanatos, who was previously an avatar of Irkalla (and a Greek god of death). He will show more signs of being Bryce in coming chapters as he is still a POV character, so you'll get inside his head later. I'm keeping his motives under wraps for now, which is the only reason Keidon was there for that last scene. ;) That reminds me, now that the Fellowship are front and center, we'll learn a bit more about their motives now, too.

Yes, Amber would kill Bryce if given no other choice. Atanasia on the other hand...
In fact, when writing the last heart-to-heart between Courtney and Atanasia, I almost had Courtney consider that, but she's usually more optimistic than that.

Yeah...

Even though I know what you're saying about Atanasia I agree it would've been out of character for Court to notice. Right now Atanasia is the only real weak link as far as I can tell in Amber's group, not counting the Army of Light idiots, of course, that they got stuck with as part of that stupid agreement they also got stuck with simply because Amber knew her son had a better chance with the crazy bitch than with her for now. She can also find the crazy bitch when it's time to, even if she tries to renege on her agreements.

Abigail Drew.

Yeah, I was hoping the story would tighten up a bit

Yeah, I was hoping the story would tighten up a bit when I got down to everyone against the Fallen Fellowship, but it seems I've only added more layers. Not only do I have multiple groups with their own agendas, I have a bit of division within the ranks of both sides. So much for a cohesive, straight up fight, but that isn't really my style, is it? ;)

Kara