SF6

Printer-friendly version

Story under construction...

up
61 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Getting

more intense here as it goes. So what you are doing with the story is working for me.

Maggie

Thanks!

I'm having a hell of a time writing it, too! If you are into the plot, don't miss the next chapter. I kick it up a notch, and turn the series upside down, kinda. Hope you like! :P

Welcome back, Amber

It saddens me to see that Amber has become such a mysterious character, almost a stranger. :( Hopefully she can quell her anger with Taylors help and find some peace within herself.

Looking real good, Ryker!
Eagerly waiting for your next installment:)

~Repsejj

A little mystery...

...is good for characters every now and then, especially in speculative fiction. I'm told it adds drama. ;) Big plans for most characters, including Amber, coming soon.

Thanks for the kind words! I'll keep it coming!

Well...

Considering the classic author who Kara is still quoting in her signature, it doesn't surprise me any that a formerly heroic character has become tainted with an inner darkness. That was a pretty common theme for 'ol Frank Herbert as well. One of the worst was Leto Atreides. When introduced, he was THE hero at that point in the story, but in the final book, he was God-Emperor and seemingly pure evil, though what he was doing had a pure purpose at its core, his means were inexcusable. I just hope Kara doesn't go quite THAT far with Amber... So far her means are terrible, but not yet crossing the line to inexcusable. And we've already had a Leto-style character in the person of Mr. Calvin. Formerly good man, corrupted by the power he wielded, crossed the line to inexcusable means even while in his mind working towards pure purpose.

Abigail Drew.

Echoes of Dune

Wow, I wasn't even thinking of Frank Herbert when writing this story, but I guess it was rolling around in the back of my head. ;)

The idea for Amber to be overcome by Teijurzi's hate came to me suddenly, and bringing her back was supposed to be the final part of Whipsers, but that made the story too long. So I incorporated it into this story. I intended her to go rogue and cause destruction, but nothing she did would trump the Fellowship, so this is what you get. :)

Thanks for the comparison to one of my favorite series.

-Kara