Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 5: Volume 2: Chapter 07

Printer-friendly version

Badasses Of the Multiverse Book 5: “The Gambling Man.”

Volume 2: “Total Badass.”

Chapter 07: “The Ghost and The Darkness.”

By Paul Cousins.

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

(_)

Babylon Five Reality. Date, January Twenty-Eighth, Twenty-Two Eighty-One. Location, planet Mars. City, Mars Dome One, capital of Mars. The third story of a five story police station, on the north part of the interior city of dome that surrounds Mars Dome One from the outside atmosphere of Mars. Time, close to midnight.

Twenty minutes after being rescued by the flying hawk shaped drone, Lee had been dropped off, and out of the net, that was carrying him, and onto the top of the five story building, that Lee guessed was a local police station, given he was greet and escorted inside, by the police.

As the police lead Lee to a nearby elevator bay, with them escorting him to the third floor, by one of the elevators, Lee noticed the signs to doors, by the elevators, that were located in the same locations, on both floors. With the signs stating, in english, that the doors lead to the stairwell.

Lee also paid close attention, to the path on which he was being escorted through the building.

This allowed Lee to know where both the elevators and the stairwell were located in the building, in relation to where he was situated in the building, at any give time.

Fortunately, given Lee was told he was not under arrest, the police did not pat him down, and instead they just had him walk through the security scanner, which stated he was clean, and he had no weapons on him.

Though, they did request which identicard. Which Lee gave them. And after they recorded the ID, they handed the card back to Lee. And Lee pocketed his identicard card, where he had kept it on his person.

Also, the police officers allowed him to keep his sunglasses on, as they lead him down to the third floor.

And they soon took him to a well illuminated, interrogation room, where the had him sitting down in a chair, at a table. There were two chairs at the table, facing each other, from across the table. And the chair that the police had Lee sit in was the chair facing the door to the room.

The chairs were black painted, metal, armless chairs. The table was a black painted, metal, square, four legged chair, that was four feet by four feet wide, and was just high enough for Lee's legs to go under the table itself.

The room itself was twenty feet long, from the door, to the opposite wall from the door. Ten feet wide, from mirror to the other wall across from the mirror. And the ceiling was eight feet from the floor.

The table and chairs were placed in the center of the room.

And the door outwards, from the room, in a counterclockwise direction.

The walls were painted white. The door was painted black. The ceiling was a white dropped down ceiling. The only lighting in the room was from the a white florescent set of lights in the center of the ceiling. And the floor was tiled by one foot by one foot wide, light brown, spectacle linoleum tiles.

The chair Lee was in, was beside a simple four legged table, with another chair across from him. The walls were bare, save for the large, rectangular mirror, on the middle of the wall to Lee's left side. The mirror was longer from side to side, than in height.

One Lee had been seated, the police left him, alone, in the room, as they shut the door behind them. Lee did not bother to test to see if the door was locked, or not.

Lee looked around the room, as he thought, 'To my left is a mirror, which was obviously a one-way mirrored window that is bordered with another room. And besides the table, chairs, door, and mirror, there was nothing else in this white painted room. With a white walls, door, ceiling, and tiles.'

'The lighting is provided by a dual, soft white, fluorescent lighting duct. And while I do not see a camera, nor microphone in the room. I am sure there are a few hidden in this room. That is why I am not moving from this chair. Nor, am I going to see if the door to this room is locked, or unlocked. There is not point in doing so, this early in this round of my game. Still, I have a moment to catch my breath, which is good.'

Lee then looked directly ahead, towards the black paint door, with a neutral expression on his face, as he took off his sunglasses. He folded, and put away his sunglasses an interior coat pocket.

Lee mentally noted, 'Also, it is good that they have not arrested me. Nor, did they search me. I guess my one grenade, hologram device next to my watch, and my reality device in my pants pocket, did not trigger their sensors. I guess those devices are so different, from the norm, when it comes to technology, that both these devices did not trip the security scanners. And I will count myself lucky on that matter. If they catch me with those device, it would cause some bad problems for me. But, it was worth the risk to keep those items on me.'

'Still, I have got to convince them to let me go. Which is easier said than done.'

'But, not at the moment. While my time is limited. It is best that give them the opportunity to make the first move. Having them make the first move is a good negotiation tactic on my part. And letting the other party begin discussions has served me well in the past.'

Lee then quietly waited a few minutes. Though, no one came.

It was then that Lee mentally realized, 'They want me to sweat a little. While they try to piece together what happened in the factory complex, with the video records, and the guard's police statement, before they talk to me. The problem is, I do not have time for this. It looks like I am going to have to speak first, and step up the next part of my plan.'

Lee looked at the door in front of him, as he said, out loud, “I want to talk. I know you can hear me. I will freely answer any questions you have. But, time is limited, for all of us. So, please come, and speak to me.”

(_)

A full minute later, two detectives walked into the room, they shut the door behind them.

Lee saw that both men had fair skinned, and in good shape. The men wearing nice gray suits, with blue ties, and black dress shoes. Both men were both in their early to mid thirties.

Lee watched as one of them walked over to the chair across the table from Lee, and sat down. While the other man stood to Lee's left side, next to his partner. With both men looking at Lee.

The one whom sat down across from Lee, introduced himself, and his partner, “I am detective Maxwell. This is detective Barton.”

Detective Barton said, in a stern tone of voice, “Your ID says that you are Ello Gray. But, we think that is fake.”

Detective Maxwell offered, in a relaxed tone of voice, “If you help us, we can help you.”

Lee sighed, as he said, “I don't believe this. I am personally experiencing the good cop, bad cop routine. It has been done to death. I freely admit that it is an alias. I am not that worried about going to prison over it. Because if you don't let me go soon, those that are after me will come here, for me.”

Detective Maxwell asked, “Who are these people? And why are they after?”

Lee calmly stated, “The who and why are not the most important points of this matter, right now. What is important is that the people that are after me will go through you to get to me. And you cannot stop them. As such, none of us have time for this. So, you need to let me go.”

“Now, I am sure you don't believe what I have already said. And that is nothing compared to what I have to say.”

“So, let us cut to the chase. Go get the telepath you have on staff. I am sure you have one. Bring him, or her, here, to scan my mind. Because anything, from here on, that I tell you, in complete honesty, you will not believe a word of. But, you will trust one of your own. I hope. If there are any papers I need to sign first, I will. But, for legal reasons, I am using the Ello Gray alias, because there are no records of me here. Except for the alias. As far as your computers are concerned. I do not exist here. So, please hurry.”

Both detectives looked each other, they then turned to look back at Lee.

Detective Maxwell warned, “You better not be joking here, or we will have your ass.”

Lee flatly replied, “My ass is the least of my concerns.”

Detective Barton turned to Maxwell, as he stated, “I will go get, Mister Dresden.”

Barton then turned, walked to the door, opened it, walked out of the interrogation room, and closed the door being himself, while Maxwell stayed with Lee.

(_)

Three minutes later, outside, two women were standing in an alleyway, across the street, caddy corner, from front of the police station, when looking out from the front of police station. The police station was to this forward right.

The street that passed by the front of the police station, ran parallel with the alleyway, with that street being between the police station and the alleyway to the women were standing in. Though, the alleyway deadened into a street in a perpendicular direction, with that street connecting

The other side of the street the alleyway deadened to was fenced in parking lot.

From their vantage point, the two women watched as four white cars approach the police station, by passing them, on the street that lead passed the front of the police station.

The front car came to a stop by the nearly empty parking lot across the street from the front of the police station. The other three cars, behind the lead car, turned into the parking lot.

The women watched the car that has stopped on the street. The back doors of the car opened, with three humans, two men, and a woman, exited the backseat. And they shut the doors behind them. All of three adults wore black and gray shirts, pants, and shoes. One of their walked up to the left side driver's door. The driver's side window was rolled down, and they saw the man talking to another man, whom was driving.

Meanwhile, the other man, and the woman walked towards the parking lot, where the other three cars had parked.

A few seconds later, the two women watched as the man outside the car, turn and walk over to join his friends, as the driver's door window rolled up, and the car heading for the multilevel garage that was set beside the police station. With the entrance being by the front left side of the police station, when facing it.

As the second man in black and gray reached the three cars in the parking lot, the women watched as the others got out of the three cars, with them shutting the doors behind them.

In all, there were twelve adults that had exited the vehicles, and stood next to each other, on the parking lot. Six humans and six minbari. Five human men, one human woman, four minbari men, and two minbari women.

All of them were clearly minbari trained rangers.

As the two women continued to look on, the older woman said, in spanish, “Let us go greet them.”

The younger woman commented, in spanish, “That is a wonderful idea.”

As both women walked out of the alleyway, across the empty street, and towards the parking lot.

A minute later, they reached the parking lot entrance, they walked towards the twelve rangers.

They saw the twelve ranges had remained grouped together, though they had moved away from the three cars.

As the two women got closer they overheard one of the human men say, in english, “Alright, we need to form into groups, and patrol the area. We are looking for anyone suspicious...” The man noticed the two women coming towards them, as he continued, “Nevermind. It looks like trouble found us.”

The twelve rangers then turned to look at the two women, whom were approaching them.

A few seconds later, the two women came to a stop, twenty feet away from the rangers.

There was silence for several seconds, between the two groups, as they stared at each other.

The rangers saw that the two women were in their mid to late thirties. Both had long hair, that went down below their waist lines, and was tied at multiple pointed along their back. Both wear black and white maids uniforms, with black dress shoes. Though, there was nothing on their face, nor heads. No bonnets. No glasses.

Both women approached to be in very good physical shape.

One of the women had fair skin and purple hair. She appeared to be in her mid-twenties.

The other women had tanned skin and green hair. She appeared to be in her late twenties.

Also, the purple haired woman had a necklace with a golden cross set against the front of her chest.

The two women stood next to each other, with the purple haired woman standing to the green haired woman's left side.

A few seconds later, the lead human man broke the silence, as he said, in a neutral tone of voice, “This is none of your concern. Walk away.”

The elder, purple haired woman's lips curled into a wicked smile, as she said, in a silently humorous tone of voice, in english, “Funny. That is what we were going to say to you.”

The rangers could tell the two women were trouble, and they were not going to back down.

All the rangers pulled out their collapsed fighting pikes, and extended them. They all held their fighting pikes in offense stances, with both hands, as the lead human man sternly stated, “You do not want to fight us. Be warned. This is your last chance. We live for the one. We die for the one.”

The elder woman calmly said, “So, do we. It is just we live and die for a different one.” She turned to the younger women beside her, as she commented, “Would you agree that the type of group these people belong to would cause us great trouble, if we killed them.”

The younger, green haired woman looked over at the elder woman, as she agreed, in english, “From what I remember of them. Yes. Also, they would take it personally if we even physically crippled one of them.”

The elder woman stated, in a calm tone of voice, “Then, we will only cripple their pride. And as an added challenge, we will do so unarmed.”

The younger woman casually responded, “Yes. No weapons is fine. But, the situation seems so unfair. There are only twelve of them”

The elder woman shrugged, as she said, in a casual tone of voice, “Ah yes. But, beggars cannot be choosers.”

The two women looked at the twelve Rangers. A second later, the two women charged at the rangers, whom were armed with staff.

(_)

At that moment, inside a third story, interrogation room, that Lee and Detective Maxwell were in, Detective Barton returned to the interrogation room with a skinny, dark skinned man in his early twenties.

As the dark skinned man walked into the room, behind Detective Barton, Lee saw that the man was wearing gloves and a black suit. Though, his suit did not have a tie, and it was of a much different style than the black suit Lee wore.

Barton closed the door behind them.

Lee noted that the dark skinned man did not have a Psi Corps badge on his shirt.

Lee thought, 'Oh yea. Psi Corps was abolished by this point in time.'

Barton walked up stand beside Maxwell, to Maxwell's right side. Barton looked down, towards his sitting partner, as he asked, “Has he said anything else?”

Maxwell turned to his looked up at his partner, as he flatly answered, “Not a word.”

Barton commented, “Then, let us see what is rattling inside his head.”

Maxwell agreed, “Good idea.” He then got up from his chair. And stood out of the way, so the dark skinned man could sit down in the chair.

Both detectives move to stand beside each other, with their backs to the mirror, by the table. Barton stood to Maxwell's right side, as the two men watched what was happening at the table, in front of them.

As the black man has seated himself, he looked across the table, at Lee, with Lee looking back at the man, with a calm expression on his face.

The dark skinned man calmly said, “Hello, I am Emilio Dresden. In my official capacity, please address me as Mister Dresden. I am a the telepath hired by Mars Dome PD to handle confessions. I hear that you wish to confess. Be aware that though telepathic scans are no admissible in court, genuine confessions such as this tend to sway prosecutors in plea bargaining cases. Due to a telepath, such as myself, vouching, that you are honest in your remorse of the crimes you have committed.”

Given Lee was directly in front of a telepath, he did not even bother to hide his next thoughts, as he stated, “I can see how that would be a good form of use for your abilities, in a judicial manner. And I can appreciate that. Though, I am not confessing. So much as warning. Unlike others, I have the up most respect for telepaths. One of my friends is a telepath. I take it that you work directly for the police here, considering Psi Corps was disbanded?”

Mister Dresden answered, “Yes. Fortunately, the telepath war caused the Psi Corps to be disbanded, and telepaths are no longer forced to work for the government. Nor, take sleepers. Though, I am not a cop, I do work with law enforcement in cases, such as yours.”

Lee replied, “Good. I have one other question before we began. Given your line of work, you see things in minds you wish to forget. I take it you have medication that will blank your short term memory? And do you have some on you?”

Dresden answered, “Yes. On both counts. I do have pills for such occasions. It is an unfortunate necessity in my line of work.”

Lee stated, “That is comforting to know. Because my mind is not a pleasant place, even for myself. Let alone, visitors. I highly suggest you get ready to take some of those pills. For after you scan my mind and verify to your coworkers I am telling the truth, you are going to need them to help you keep your sanity.”

Dresden calmly requested, “I will take that under advisement. Shall we get started?”

Lee replied, “Yes. And I believe this will require what you call a deep scan?”

Dresden responded, “I was afraid of that. This will not be pleasant. Try to keep your mind clear of thoughts, as best you can. This will take a few minutes. I ask that you bear with me.”

Lee said, “I trust you.”

Dresden smiled, as he began to scan Lee's mind.

Lee felt the scan of his mind begin. Lee, by necessity, had become a very secretive person. But, given the situation, he knew that being complete open was the only hope for both himself, and those in the building, had of surviving the night.

Lee found that the deep mind scan was unpleasant not in the sense of being directly painful, but in the sense of the mental feeling associated to being nauseous.

Close to two minutes later, Dresden’s eyes went wide, as he jumped out of his chair in fear, while backing himself up against the wall.

As Emilio Dresden's back hit the wall, his right of the door, the telepath screamed, “He is not of this reality! They are after him! And they are not of this reality! Oh god! We are not real!”

The detectives were not sure what to make of Dresden's reactions.

Meanwhile, Lee continued to looked at Dresden with a calm expression on his face. Lee said, in a relaxing and comforting tone of voice, “Mister Dresden. We are all real. I need you to focus back on my mind. I am thinking of the world as myth fact. Anchor your sanity to that fact.” He mentally added, 'And please don't mention my reality device, nor the grenade, which I have on me. Because, that will only make things far worse for all of us.'

As Dresden forced himself to visibly calm down, as he stood up straight, with his back to the wall. He said, in a much calmer tone of voice, “Do not worry. I fully understand.” He then slid down the wall, to where he was crouching, with he knees by his chest.

As this went one, both Barton and Maxwell watched all this.

Both men turned to Lee, as Maxwell demanded, “What the hell did he see in your head?!”

Lee turned to looked at the detectives, as he answered, “He saw the truth that you would not believe. Now, the ball is in his court to convince you to let me go.” He turned back to look at Dresden.

Dresden was still in mild emotional shock, as he continued to look at Lee. He inquired, “What do I call you? Ello? Paul? Lee?”

Lee replied, “Lee is fine. And please do not forget your medication. I know what you saw was not pleasant. I do not wish for my mistakes to haunt you.”

Dresden said, in a slightly calmer, and kinder, tone of voice, “I appreciate that, Lee. Once I am done here, I will take one of them, and lay down. I want to forget this entire meeting. But, before I do, I must try my best to help you.”

Dresden looked up as Maxwell and Barton. Dresden stated, in a serious tone of voice, “Detectives. We must let man go, right now. Seconds are important here. The longer he stays he, the more danger he puts us in. We cannot handle what is coming for him.”

“The rangers, the pinnacle of badasses that they are, could not handle what is coming for him. What is coming for him is an army of the women, and men that sometimes change into women, that are from other realities of the multiverse. It is all real. They are beyond dangerous. Beyond scary. And he has invoked their wrath against him.”

Lee shrugged, as he spoke up, “I call them the Badasses Of the Multiverse. But, you can call them whatever you want. Whatever works for you.”

Dresden turned to Lee, as he replied, “Lee, I would say go with God. But at this point, I don't even think God can help you out of this mess you have put yourself in.”

Lee casually said, “I am on god's shit list, anyway. Though, that is my god. I don't know about your god.” He turned to Maxwell, as he inquired, in a relaxed tone of voice, “So, can I leave?”

Maxwell sternly said, “You are not going anywhere. The only reason I don't throw you into lock up is that I still have some questions for you. You clearly are hiding something, and I will find out what.”

Lee rolled his eyes for a few seconds. He then look at Maxwell, as he stated, “I just let a telepath do a deep scan of my mind, and you still think I am hiding something.”

Lee turned to look at Mister Dresden huddled on the floor. Lee turned back to Maxwell and Barton, as he said, “Look at Mister Dresden. That is not the reaction one gives to another person, when said person is faking about being in danger. I am trying to save your lives here. What else can I do to make you trust me?”

Suddenly, the door to the room swung open, towards the outside, and a fair skinned man, with brown hair, in a slick haircut, wearing a cheap blue suit, with yellow tie, and brown dress shoes. He appeared to be in his late twenties. He was in good physical shape. And he carried a briefcase in his left hand, as he walked into the room.

The man looked over at Lee, as he firmly stated, “Do not say another word, Mister Gray.”

Lee looked over at Dresden, as he thought, 'Lawyer?'

Dresden looked at Lee and nodded twice. Dresden then looked back over at the newcomer, as he slightly signed. He thought, 'It figures that it would be him whom would be sent to help, Lee.' Next, Dresden look back towards Lee.

Barton and Maxwell turned to the lawyer, as Barton demanded, “What are you doing here?”

The man smirked at the two detectives, as he answered, “Doing my job.” The man then used his right hand to shut the door behind him. With him standing with his back to the door, with Dresden sitting to his left side.

Lee turned to the man, as asked, “And you are?”

The man looked back at Lee, as he answered, with a grin that would make a used car salesman envious, “Mister Gray. I am your new best friend. I am your lawyer, Mister Matthew McCormick.”

Lee replied, “Well, Mister McCormick, who paid you to be my lawyer? Because, from their reactions, I doubt these gentlemen called you in here.”

Matthew let out a laugh. While Barton raised his right hand, and lowered his face into his the palm of his right hand, as he shook his head a few times.

A few seconds later, Barton looked back up at Matthew, while he dropped his right hand back to his side.

As this happened, Matthew answered, “I am employed by Edgars Industries. My boss would do just about anything to meet with you. As soon as possible.”

Lee turned to the detectives, and he saw look on the detectives' faces. Lee saw that they realized who McCormick's boss was. And Lee also knew who Matthew's boss was.

Lee turned back to look at Matthew, as he thought, 'So, Mister Michael Garibaldi has caught wind of me. This could be good. Or, bad. Good, in that he is a decent guy. Bad, in that he will eventually decide throw me to Revy, Roberta, Sylia, and the others, just to save his planet. Not that I blame him. Still, he will want answers, first. So, I have some wiggle room, and time, to talk my way out of trouble with him.' He turned to look at Maxwell and Barton, as he thought, 'But first, I need to talk myself out of trouble with the two idiot detectives.'

Lee then heard Dresden snort in response to his thoughts.

Lee did not reply to Dresden. Instead, he turned to Matthew, and his lips curled into a smirk, as he said, “Mister McCormick, you were right. You are my new best friend. Now, get me out of here so I can meet you boss. Though, I already did confess to having a fake ID. So, that might slow down the process some.”

Matthew causally replied, “Nah. When I am through, at best you are looking at is a fine. Though, it should take me about an hour or two, to get you out of here. Just sit tight, and don't say anything else.”

Suddenly, the lawyer's cellphone started ringing from his left, interior, coat pocket.

Matthew used his right hand to pull out his cellphone. He hit the talk button, and held it to his right hear. He answered it, “Hello... How did you get this number?...”

(_)

In the parking lot, outside, across the street from the front of the police precinct building that Lee was current inside of, a purple haired woman, with a crazy, toothy smile, said into the outside, public vidphone, with the receiver to her right ear, in english, “It is not important how I got this number. What is important is that you let me speak with the black haired, fair skinned man you are representing. Whom you should be near, by now.”

(_)

Inside the police station, on the third story, in the interrogation room, Matthew looked over at Lee, as he said, with disbelief in his voice, “It's for you.”

Matthew walked over to the table, across from Lee, and he handed Lee the cellphone.

Lee took the cellphone with in his hand, and he put it to his right ear.

Lee heard a woman's voice, that he did not recognize, say, in a fridge tone of voice, that showed no emotional warmth, what so ever, “Hello Mister Lee.”

Lee thought, with worry, 'It does not take a genius to figure out who this is. Worst case scenario just happened. I pray that diplomacy works. Since I'm trapped. Diplomacy is the last card I have left to play. Though, given all this is being recorded by the microphones and cameras, in the room, I need to keep this as vague as possible.'

'Talk about walking a proverbial tightrope. But, counting the time loop, I have been doing this for decades.'

Lee said into the cellphone, in a calm, and rational, tone of voice, “Hello Ms. Cisneros. I wish our discussion was under more pleasant circumstances. When I was reminded of my actions against your employer, I deeply regretted my actions. I sincerely apologize for my actions towards him. I was not thinking. And I am more than willing to make amends.”

Over the phone, Roberta coldly countered, “If you had wished to make amends, why did you run from Revy, the others, and us?”

Lee defended, “I ran because they are corrupt. On the other hand, your employer is an innocent person.”

Roberta flatly stated, “That we agree on.”

Lee questioned, “For the sake of the people getting caught up in this, I have to ask. Are you still sleeping at night?”

Roberta conceded, “Given my reputation, that is a fair question. To answer your inquiry, I am sleeping quite well at night. Since I am in no way at fault for any of this. I feel not guilt about it. And I sleep well. Also, since learning of you, I occasionally dream of some of the ways I will torture you. I find such dreams to be enjoyable.”

Lee thought, 'Well, at least she is sleeping, and not going due crazy from lack of sleep, like what happened to in her Blood Trail arc. That means she is thinking more clearly. Worse for me. But, better for everyone else.'

Roberta mentioned, “My student and I did listened to the conversation you had with the others. Lee, you really are an arrogant ass.”

Lee admitted, “Arrogant? Absolutely. Ass? Not so much. And I try to keep the name calling to a minimum. With my intention of calling you an, the alpha bitch of your group, being meant as compliment.”

On the other end of the line, Roberta coldly replied, over the phone, “I know.”

Suddenly, Barton was tapping on Lee on his shoulder right shoulder.

Lee said into the phone, “Please excuse me a for moment, Ms. Cisneros. One of the idiots I am trying to save here, wants to speak with me.”

Roberta chuckled evilly from the other end of the line.

Lee lowered the cellphone from his mouth, and he put his left hand over the microphone of the cellphone, as he looked over at Barton. He stated, in a direct tone of voice, “Detective Barton, please give me a minute here. I am trying to negotiated for your lives. The woman on the other end is nothing short than death incarnate.”

While still sitting on the floor, by the door, Dresden spoke, with desperation in his tone of voice, “He is not joking. Let him speak to her. It is our only chance.”

Barton heard what both men had said. He was silent for a few seconds. He then replied, “Alright.” After which, backed off from Lee, and moved to stand next to Matthew, by the window.

Lee removed his left hand and from the microphone of the cellphone. He held the cellphone up to his right ear. He pleaded, “Ms. Cisneros. Please, don't go Terminator One on them. They are just doing their jobs. If you are inclined to wait a few hours for me to get out of here. I am more than willing to turn myself over to you. In exchange for their lives.”

Roberta responded, “I experienced first hand how slippery you are, Lee. Still, your concern for the lives of others will lessen your pain by a day.”

Lee sarcastically replied, “Thank you for showing such a small measure of mercy.”

Roberta coldly stated, “Feel privileged that I am displaying even this small portion of mercy. You have no idea the suffering you have caused the master. You not only cursed the master to become a woman, but by doing so, she is now forced to suffer the monthly indignities that all women must go through. It is fortunate that my student and I were there to help her when she went through those indignities, the first few times.”

Lee immediately realized what Roberta was talking about, as he thought, with utter shock at his oversight, 'Damn! I honestly forgot how I wrote the rules for that little problem for those cursed with the spring of girl. No wonder she and Fabiola, are upset with me. I forced Garcia, as a girl, to go through monthly, menstrual periods. Or, more honestly, given changing back and forth slows her cycle down, irregular, menstrual periods. Still, I got to know how upset she is?'

Lee honestly admitted, “You have a point there. Though, I must know. How upset are you with me?”

Roberta's voice was like ice, as she stated, “I am more angry with you than I was with those that murdered my master's father.”

Lee around Lee saw his poker face begin to crack, as he showed worry on his face. Lee thought, with worry, mixed with a little fear, no only for himself, but others, 'I am number one with a bullet. If she is that furious, there is no way I can talk her down. I could offer her everything, and she would still want my hide. I have made the Bloodhound the most angriest she has been in her entire life. She would literally burn worlds to get to me. Yet. I have one more question that I need to ask her.'

Lee continued his thoughts, with a bit of gallows humor, 'If I am going to dig my own grave. I am going to need to know how deep the hole has to be?'

Lee inquired, “And your student?”

Roberta answered, “She feels the same way as I do towards you. Only, she displays better self-control, than I.”

Lee said, “I will find no fault with the feelings either of you have for me. I truly deserve much pain and suffering for the cruelties I had unknowingly inflicted on your family.”

Roberta giggled, with venom lacing her voice, as she replied, “We will talk when we meet face to face. I will be there soon. And by the way, it is that time of the month for me.”

Roberta then hung up her end of the phone connection.

Lee rolled his eyes, as he thought, with annoyance and disbelief, 'I cannot believe she went there.'

Lee folded the cellphone closed, as he looked over at at Matthew.

Matthew was still standing across the table, from Lee.

Lee looked up at Matthew. As Lee handed the cellphone back to Matthew, he stated, in a depressingly tone of voice, “We're screwed.”

Matthew took his phone, and pocketed it back into his left interior coat pocket. After which, he turned to look at Lee, he casually responded, “Relax. I doubt it is that bad.”

Lee flatly retorted, “Oh. It is worse than that. But, I am trying to keep from scaring everyone here.”

Dresden agreed, with worry evident in his tone of voice, “He is not joking.”

Barton asked, “Who was the person the other end of the line?”

Lee looked Barton in his eyes, as Lee calmly answered, “She is known as the Bloodhound of Florencia. She is a trained killer, with the convictions of a zealot. She and her student are here for my head.”

Maxwell smirked, as he questioned, “You actually think a woman, and her student, can take us all on?”

Lee flatly explained, “Yes. And you clearly do not understand the danger we are in. The Bloodhound called Mister McCormick's cellphone because you could not immediately trace back the call. But, given the Bloodhound's personality, and the previous tactics she has used, she only called when she and her student were already fully prepared to attack us. She likely called from across the street. We have no time left.”

Matthew calmly stated, “I wouldn't worry too much. I was sent here with a squad of twelve rangers. Half of them Minbari. Those guys are toughest, and the best. They are outside, checking around. If that woman and her student are out there, the rangers are probably on their trail, and they will likely catch them within minutes.”

Lee turned to Matthew, as he pointed out, “That is doubtful. In all likelihood, those twelve rangers have already been defeated. Because, where do you think she got the number for your cellphone from?”

Matthew began to realize the seriousness of their situation, as he softly replied, “Oh...”

Lee quietly said, “Besides, that would not be enough against them.”

Barton commented, “Even if that is not enough. We have a station full of armed police officers.”

Lee responded, “That will not be enough, either. Unless you let me go. Or, Mister McCormick is packing a nuke in that briefcase he is holding. We are all likely not going to survive the hour.”

(_)

A minute and a half ago, outside, in a parking lot, across the street from the police station, Roberta hung receiver of the vidphone, to its base, and screen, with enough force, to destroyed the vidphone, and the receiver in her white gloved right hand. Though, in doing so, she did not damage her glove, nor injure her hand.

Beside her, to her right, was a human ranger, lying unconscious, on the pavement. With her student, Fabiola, nearby.

Neither Roberta, nor Fabiola, showed any signs of injury. Nor, were their maids uniforms torn, nor scuffed.

Roberta turned to her student, Fabiola, whom was standing in the middle of the other eleven unconscious rangers, while holding an extended denn'bok fighting pike in her hands.

Roberta forced herself to calm down, as she asked her student, in spanish, “Did they tell you anything else?”

Fabiola turned to Roberta, as she answered, in spanish, “Yes.” With the end of her staff that was positioned towards the ground, to Fabiola's right side, she pointed to one of the of the humans on the ground. She continued, “This one says Lee is likely being held on the third floor, of the nearby police station. He said this is likely where they bring in witnesses, to make statements, and answer questions.”

Suddenly, one of the Minbari men started to stir. Fabiola quickly hit him on the head with the end of the pike, forcing the man back down.

Fabiola complained, “The only problem with these guys is that the boneheads don't know when to stay down.” She then held up the pike for her teacher to see, as she requested, “Still, I hope you let me keep this for my collection. It is a very nice weapon.”

Roberta replied, with a genuine smiles on her lips, “You may.”

Fabiola grinned, as she pressed the button in the center of the staff, to collapse the pike back into a small cylinder. She then put the cylinder it in a hidden pocket on her maid's uniform.

As Fabiola looked back at Roberta, she inquired, “So, what is the plan?”

Roberta stated, “Fabiola, I will take the front. I want you to go around back, to the third story parking garage attached to the building. For security reasons, there likely only be one door connecting to the building to the garage, per floor. I want you to lay am ambush, for the third story door to the building, from the garage.”

“As soon as I take out the nearby electrical substation, and then their emergency generators, around back of the building, I will begin my attack from the bottom floor, from the front entrance. I will make my way up the stairwell, to the third floor.”

“Lee will know better than to try the elevators, or risk facing me in the stairwell. So, he will attempt to either hide in the third story, or more likely exit onto the third story garage. In the hopes of finding a vehicle to escape in.”

“Though, I will try to leave the back up generators, so the lighting in the garage is still on.”

“When I reach the third floor, I will either capture Lee, or more likely, I will flush him out to you, in the third story garage. Where you will capture him. Do you understand?”

Fabiola nodded, as she replied, “Yes ma'am.' She then thought, 'I am glad we spent an hour just studying the weak points of this police station, without going near it. Now, we can use that knowledge to our advantage.'

Fabiola then headed for the parking garage, across the street, that was attached to the police station. As Roberta heading for the a nearby power substation, before heading into the building itself.

While Fabiola approached the garage, she saw the five story garage placed directly against one of the sides of the police station. When she snuck inside the bottom floor, and made her way up the floors, she noticed there was only one door leading out into the garage.

And each door had a panel by it, that took a key card.

Which Fabiola reached the third floor, she walked over and hid between some cars, while facing the door to that floor, as she thought, 'Roberta was right. And there is only one door per floor is probably for security concerns. And the doors are likely locked, which on officials having the key cards to open them... I suspect the all doors here use key cards. Considering that is what the others were complaining about Lee using against them, at the factory complex. To lock the doors behind himself. As they chased Lee.'

'Though, this is an emergency door, and it can likely be opened from the inside, without a key card.”

'From what I have listened to on the radio, Lee is always playing an angle. Actually, he tries to play several angles at once. And he will use any advantage he can get to escape. So, I will have to be careful around him.'

'And I will be the one to face him. Not Roberta. Because, the power outage will disable the elevators. I doubt Lee is not crazy enough to risk stairs, and run into Roberta. That means he will come out of the door right in front of me. And into my hands.'

'To paraphrase a good friend of mine. This will be all too easy.'

(_)

A minute later, in the interrogation room, on the floor, Dresden rocked back and forth, with his knees to his chest, with his arms rapped around his knees. He kept repeating over and over, “We are going to die. We are going to die. We are going to die.”

Lee turned to Dresden, as he firmly stated, “Not if the detectives here let me go. The maids don't give a damn about any of you.” He turned to the detectives, whom looked back at him, as he continued, “Just me.”

Though, from the expressions on Maxwell, and Barton's faces, Lee could see that he was getting nowhere with the detectives.

Matthew cautioned, “As your lawyer, I must tell you that it is unwise to badger police officers.”

Lee looked over at Matthew, as he replied, “I understand that. And I wish I knew of another way for them to see reason. But, I do not have any real evidence to prove my point.” He thought, 'Though, I have my reality device. I am not handing that technology to these two idiots.”

On the floor Dresden commented, “That would be unwise.”

Lee looked over at Dresden, as he thought, 'Thank you for agreeing with me.'

Lee then turned back to the detective, as he mentally wondered, 'Though, not that I think about it. Maybe there is another way? Let's try a different tactic.'

Lee calmly asked the two detectives, “I know this is a two century old movie to you. But, have either of you two seen the original Terminator movie?”

While Matthew knew the question was not directed towards him, Matthew still shook his head, in response to his client's question.

Barton replied, “Yes.”

Maxwell asked, “We have have seen that movie, and the other movies in that franchise. What about it?”

Lee commented, in a very serious tone of voice, without even the hint of sarcasm, “Well, because if you don't let me go, you're about to live it.”

Maxwell inquired, “Are you saying that an unstopped killing machine is about to attack building?”

Lee corrected him, in a sober tone of voice, “Actually, most like a bionic badass of an unstoppable killing machine, and her nearly equally badass adult student. And unlike Arnold, these bitches are not going to be nice enough to first stop and ask politely. They are not going to go, I'll be back. They are going to come in guns blazing.”

“Take for example, the lead woman that is coming here. The one with the purple hair. Yes, purple. And from what I can figure, that is her natural hair. The other woman's nature hair color. The student's hair color. Is green.”

“Anyway, the lead one once got into a fight with another woman, for four straight hours, right after she engaged in a massive, literal running battle, across a city, beforehand. Where she was chasing after the other woman, and her friends. And this was not a catfight in any way, shape, or form. This was a four hour long, knock down, drag out, bare knuckled brawl. With these two women being unnaturally strong for their size, with inside levels of endurance, while being able to take several hits from the other woman, and keep going.”

“This is the type of fight that would have likely send Rocky Balboa to a hospital after the first hour. And it went on for four straight hours.”

“And these women do not quit. Their mental and physical endurance borders on the fanatically insane. Before that fistfight, the other woman and this woman in question had just previously finished a gunfight, between the city spanning fight, and the four hour brawl.”

“Also, most people would say the fight ended in a draw, because both of them knocked the other down at the same time, and they stayed down. But, I say the woman coming for me, very soon, won that fight. Because in the end, she was still conscious, while the other woman was unconscious.”

“And this woman later topped herself when it came to being a badass. And she is likely one of the top badasses in existence itself.”

“Your Minbari Rangers wished they had her fortitude and toughness.”

“You ever heard of the term, beating a man to a pulp? She literally did that with her gloved hands, once. She killed that man, by pounding him in the face until everything above his lower jaw was a bloody stain on the floor. I am not joking here. There nothing left of his head.”

“That is not even close to the worst things she has ever done before.”

“She even one time decimated a small army, whom were equipped with late twentieth century firearms, while she was only using a flintlock, and a pair of muskets. Though, at the time, she with using SABOT rounds, along with being literally insane, due to lack of sleep, and being strung out on ritalin. Trust me. I was forced to take that shit as a child. That stuff will mess you up.”

“Still, that was before she became a cyborg, and she was given a physical enhancement serum that increased the abilities of the normal parts of her body.”

“And while the others after me are not as badass as her. They are either as equally badass as a ranger, or more badass than a ranger.”

Lee went onto say, in a completely serious, pleading tone of voice, “So officers, you have got to listen to me. I am being deadly serious here. You have to respect what these women, and men, are capable of. If you do not, they are going to kill you in horrible ways.”

The detectives just looked at Lee for a few seconds. They then started laughing at him.

Lee pleaded, “Please, don't tempt fate like that. It is a very bad idea... Still, after tonight, should you survived, you will remember these horrors, as just, the maids, for the rest of your lives.”

“Though, at the very least, you need to put this station on alert right now. They prefer to dress as maids. Their clothing is black and white, with white aprons. You cannot miss them. That is why they are nicknamed the maids. Also, they carry enough firepower in their clothing to start a small war. So, don't try to ask them to be searched, they will just pull their weapons, starting killing you all.”

“So, I am begging you. Please, let me go. All I need is a working car, with a full tank of fuel, recharged battery, whatever. Along with remote access to your station's speaker systems. With those two things, I can get get them to follow me, and get them away from all of you, that are inside this building.”

By then, the two detectives had stopped laughing. Barton looked over at Lee, as he grinned wickedly. He disagreed, “I think not. I think what we have here is a crazy that caused a telepath to have a freak out. Not the first time I have seen that happen, in person. Instead, we will put you in lock up, until we can call the local asylum on come take you away.”

Lee's jaw dropped, as his eyes widened.

Matthew countered, “But, what about the phone call?”

Maxwell pointed out, “We never actually heard what was said on the other end. It could be just this guy's crazy ex-girlfriend playing head games with him.”

Lee forced himself to calm down, as he thought, with disbelief, 'Those two are just too damn dumb to live.'

Dresden verbally agreed, “You got that right.”

Lee looked over at Dresden, as he thought, 'Dresden, I know you are reading my mind. I want to thank you for your help. If nothing else, it is the thought that counts. No pun intended.'

'While there is still time. You need to get up, go get a cup of water, to take you memory blanking pills with. Then, go find a closet to hide in. Stay in that closet until help arrives. It is very likely that if you stay there, you will be fine. If one of maids does find you, beg for your life, and tell her everything she wants to know. You might get out of this alive. And good luck.'

Dresden nodded towards Lee. He quickly got up, opened the door, and left the room, while closing the door behind him.

Lee looked over at the detectives, as he calmly requested, “Detective Barton and Detective Maxwell. I know you think I am crazy. It is tragic that I cannot convince you otherwise. Still, if you do not mind, I would like to stay here, and talk with my lawyer, while I wait for the guys from laughing academy to come pick me up.”

The detectives looked at each other. Barton shrugged towards Maxwell.

Both detectives turned back to looked at Lee. Maxwell stated, “Well, even though you are crazy, you have been fully cooperative. You clearly believe what you have been saying is true. And you have displayed no violent tendencies. So, it is alright with us. Though, we request that you stay here, in this room.”

Lee replied, “Thank you.”

Barton and Maxwell then left the room.

After the door closed, Lee noted that they did not lock it behind them.

While showing now outward expression, Lee inwardly smiled, as he thought, 'They don't expect me to just walk right out of here. That would be an act of a crazy man. Bwahahaha!'

Matthew turned to Lee, as he asked “So, what do you want to talk about?”

Lee looked up at his legal council, as he answered, “Nothing. Any minute now, the power is going to be cut. And soon, the power to the emergency generator will, as well. Then, I will talk to you.”

Matthew accused, “You are paranoid.”

Lee defended, “No. I just applying proper planning and preparation. I suggest you try to relax for the moment, and put your mind at ease. Because very soon we are both going to be put into a very stressful situation.”

Matthew did as Lee has instructed.

A minute later, the power was cut off, for a seconds, before the emergency generators kicked on. And power was restored.

Lee thought, 'There goes the main power. Likely Roberta took out a nearby electrical substation. Now, she will likely take out the back up generators that are near the building, and connected to it.'

A minute after the first brown out, the power went out permanently, and the battery powered floor lights, located throughout the rooms building, on the top of the walls, automatically came on. Including, the emergency lights that came on in the interrogation room, that Lee and Matthew were presently inside of.

Lee turned to Matthew, as he thought, 'There goes secondary power. Roberta likely just took out the generators to this building, which are probably located around back of the building. Though, that also means the security cameras and microphones are down as well. So, I am talk freely with Matthew. Without worry of our conversation being recorded.'

'Though, any minute now, Roberta is going to rush through the front doors. Which even if they are shut and lock, due to the power outage she created. She can break through with her enhanced, cybernetic strength. And then the real battle begins.'

'The only question is if Roberta and Fabiola are attacking together? Or, if Roberta is attacking alone, with her trying to flush me out to Fabiola? Either way is possible. I might be able to find that out in a minute.'

'But, that is the bad news. The good news is I still have a window of a few minutes, to escape, before she gets here, by way of the stairs. Given the power is out. The elevators are out of the question, for both of us.'

'And I know where the stairwell is, in relation to myself. So, that also gives me an advantage over her and her student. Though, that is only a small advantage, compared to what they are capable of. Because the stairwell is by the elevators, and she is likely going to come up the stairwell. So, heading there is out of the question. But, I will take any advantage I can, at this moment.'

'Now, I to talk to my lawyer in peace, without someone overhearing my escape plans.'

Lee inquired, “Looks like the ball finally dropped, Mister McCormick. Do you have a car?”

Matthew answered, “Yes, Mister Gray. It is located inside the third story parking garage, near the exit to this floor of building.”

Lee got up from his chair. He walked to his left, around the table, to stand beside Matthew. Lee complimented, “Good. Now, here is the plan. In a few seconds, police officers are going to rush passed this room, towards the elevators, and stairwell. When that happens, we will calmly exit this room, and you will lead me to the garage. As we walk, if we should meet a police officer, I will subtly ask the officer what is going on.”

“And in such a case. Let me do the talking.”

“And do not worry. We are not technically breaking the law. I was never actually arrested. Given what is about to happen, later you can say we were leaving the building for our own safety.”

Matthew conceded, “That might work. But, I think the police might try to stop us.”

Lee responded, “I highly doubt it. The police will have far more to be concerned about, than two men, whom are not under arrest, and whom are trying to leave the building for their own safety.”

“Still, when we get to the garage, you will lead me to your car. Also, remember that the key here is to remain calm, and think things through. That is what had kept my ass in one piece, so far. But, first give me your keys, I have experience with high speed driving. I doubt you do.”

Matthew pointed out, “Actually, I have a little experience. But, you seem to know what you are doing. So, here.”

Matthew then used his right hand to pull out his keys, from his right side pants pocket. He handed the keyring, with keys and clicker to his car on it, to Lee.

While Lee pocketed the items, he said, “Thank you. Now, do you know any place we can run too?”

Matthew stated, “Yes. Edgars Industries complex. It is a fortress originally built during the Earth-Minbari war. It was designed to repel both a ground assault, and orbital bombardment. That is where I was suppose to take you to meet my boss, in the first place.”

Lee smiled, as he replied, “Perfect. We both get what we want. Though, I will need you lead me to the fortress, and get me inside it. So, you are going to have to ride shotgun with me.” His smile curled into a smirk, as he continued, “You will be like Van Halen. Running with the devil.”

Matthew thought, 'He is comparing himself to the devil. Though, he is likely joking. So, we are fine on that matter. And that is a nice song.' He complimented, “That is fine with me. And you have good taste in classic rock music.”

Lee inquired, “Thank you. So, how far is to Edgars HQ?”

Matthew answered, “From here, the driving distance is around thirty-two kilometers.”

Lee commented, “So around twenty miles. It is doable. But risky. By the way, you can call me, Lee.”

Matthew said, “That is good. You can call me, Matthew. And since the power has gone out, I am guessing, you are at least partly correct. So please, get us out of this mess.”

Lee responded, “I am working on it, Matthew. And pay attention to my hand signals. Silence in our friend in this situation. As sounds tend to attract unwanted attention.”

Matthew said, “I understand.”

Lee then walked over to the door. Next, he cracked open the door, just wide enough to see outside.

Lee watched through the lighting, and shadows, of the room, as several police offices passed by, with their ppg, phased plasma guns, in their hands.

Lee opened the door, and motioned McCormick to take point, to lead him out of the building, and to the garage.

Matthew continued to hold briefcase in his left hand, as he exited the room with Lee. He then started leading Lee to the garage.

As they walked, with Lee right behind Matthew, Lee saw a police officer, passed by. Lee stopped the officer, by asking the man, “Officer, what is going on?”

Matthew noticed this, as he stopped and turned around to face both men.

Lee noticed Matthew turned in his direction. In response, he looked between Matthew and the officer he was speaking too.

The officer, whom Lee was sure had no idea who Lee was, answered, in a calm tone of voice, “From what I heard on the radio, a woman in a maid's outfit has attacked the those on the ground floor, and she is making her way up the stairwell. Those shooting her in the stairwell are barely slowing her down. And she is heading up this way. On each floor, everything there is setting up ambush for her. So, whichever floor she enters, some of us will be waiting for her. And she will be killed.”

Matthew paled, as he realized, in thought, 'Lee, was not joking. He was telling the complete truth. And if that is the case. We are in big trouble.'

Lee noticed Matthew's facial expression of fear, as he thought, 'Just great. I don't need my lawyer to go to pieces on me, just yet. Still, It might be best to hedge my bets a little.'

Lee responded, “Good luck. Also, could you please point us to which way the garage is?” He mentally thought, 'I might as well ask. There is no harm in doing so.”

The officer replied, “Sure. Just down the hallway.” The officer used his left hand to point in the opposite direction of where everyone was running too. The officer then dropped his left hand down to his side.

Lee responded, “Thank you, officer. We are getting out of here.” He thought, 'Good. I don't have to follow, Matthew.'

The officer commented, “That is a wise idea. I wish I could join you, but duty calls.”

The officer then turned, and he ran to join his brethren.

Lee frowned, as he thought, 'I regret there is nothing I can do to save that man. But, at least I can save myself, and Matthew, my lawyer. Still, I was worried that only one of them was going to attack the front. And I can guess which one.'

Matthew noticed that Lee was frowning. He asked, “What is it?”

Lee fully turned to face Matthew. Lee said, “I was hoping that both of them would be attacking from the bottom floor, and work their way up. But, it is likely the Bloodhound is making the frontal assault, meaning her student is likely in the garage, waiting for us. The Bloodhound is flushing me out to her student, and I don't have a choice in the matter. Because, she knows I would rather face her student, than her.”

Matthew questioned, “If it is a trap, what can we do?”

Lee answered, “Just be ready to duck for cover behind a car, when I tell you to, or motion you to do so. And do not freak out. If you do. We both die.”

Matthew nodded once, as he replied, “Okay.”

Lee requested, “Now, that I know where the garage is. Let me take point.”

Matthew quipped, “Sure. You are the one they are after. If the shooting starts, I will use you as bait, while I run for cover, and eventually get away.”

Lee lightly chuckled. He then smirked, as he stated, “I knew there was a reason I liked you. We think the same way.” He then walked passed Matthew towards the garage door on their floor.

Matthew responded, in a confused tone of voice, “Huh?...” A few seconds later, he understood what Lee meant, as he commented, in an annoyed tone of voice, “Hey...” he then quickly caught back up with Lee.

(_)

A minute later, when Lee and Matthew reached the metal door to the garage. Which was not hard to miss, considering there was a sign beside it that stated, in english, third story garage.

Lee and Matthew stood beside each other, as they faced the door.

Before opening the door, Lee turned to Matthew, as he asked, “What direction is your car in?”

McCormick looked over at Lee, as he answered, “Straight ahead. One the second row to our right. Three cars down, It is the white one. You cannot miss it.”

Lee stated, “Okay. Stay silent. And do not run. Walk at the same pace as me, while trying to be quiet. If we are ambushed, do not duck for cover, or make any sudden movements. The people after me are crack shots, and they know how to use their weapons.”

Matthew replied, “Okay.”

Lee then turned back to the door. He carefully opened the door, which had a latch knob. As he slowly opened the door, he saw that the normal lights were on the garage were on as well.

Lee thought, 'Intelligent thinking, Roberta. You probably hit the cables from the emergency electrical system to where the cables going to the building were knocked out, but not those going to the garage. Thus, allowing Fabiola the light she needs to more easily spot me. Well, I might as well trigger this trap, while I still have time to get out of it. Also, the ceiling seems to be ten feet high. At least there is plenty of head room, if I had to run across the top of the cars.'

Lee motioned with his left hand for Matthew to follow him. After they both walked into the garage. Lee then slid the door closed.

Lee then took front, as they walked across the two land road, between the door, and the first rows of cars.

When the reached midway between the door and the cars, Fabiola popped up between the cars two rows down from his left, about twenty feet from the two of them.

She had both her black painted, short-barreled, modified MAG Seven auto-shotguns pointed at them.

Lee also noticed that Fabiola's index fingers were on the triggers of her shotguns. With her reading to use her weapons at a moments notice.

Lee and Matthew immediately stopped walking, as both saw her, and her weapons. The two men then turned to face Fabiola.

As the two men turned to face Fabiola, they stood beside each other, with Matthew standing to Lee's left side.

Fabiola ordered, in english, “Lee, surrender now, so that your suffering may begin.”

Lee smirked, as he complimented, “I got to give you points for originality. That line is a keeper.”

Fabiola motion towards Matthew, with the shotgun, in her left hand, as she asked, “Who is this man with you?”

Lee casually replied, “My lawyer. But, please don't shoot him on that account.”

Fabiola let out a small laugh, that did not reach her lips, at the absurdity of Lee's comment.

Matthew turned to Lee, as he inquired, “Is she the student?”

Lee looked over at Matthew, as he said, “Yes.”

Matthew questioned, “How screwed are we?”

Lee shrugged, “It depends. She is one of the more saner ones after me.”

Fabiola reminded both them, in an annoyed tone of voice, “You both know I am right here. And I can hear every word you are saying.”

The two men turned to look at Fabiola. Lee calmly replied, “We know. But, the question needed to be asked.”

Matthew commented, “No offense was intended.”

Fabiola sighed, as she replied, “Fine.”

Lee thought, 'I got maybe two, or three minutes. Five or six minutes, on the outside. Before Roberta makes it here, and it is all over. Presently, I am at a severe disadvantage. I only have one grenade, which is useless in this situation. She has those auto-shotguns, loaded with buckshot. And her fingers are on the triggers.'

'And this is a close quarters style weapon, the effective range of hitting the target with the mini sixty millimeter long twelve gauge cartridge, of either buckshot, or slugs, is around forty-five yards. But, the lethality range, is up to ninety yards. And we are around twenty feet from her.'

'Also, I am guessing those weapons are automatics, because they are clearly modified versions of the MAG Seven. The reason being was that the original MAG Seven was a pump action shotgun. Also, the anime showed she had a gambler's rig on the inner side of each of her forearms. The gambler's rigs lets her pull out, and holster her weapons, from her sleeves.'

'But, in the Blood Trail arc, Fabiola was shown firing them, one in each hand, at the same time, without having having to manual reload each shot. And if Roberta was going to have those weapons that modified that extensively, then she likely added full automatic functions to them, as well. Complete with a selector switch, between automatic and single shot. Though, she likely kept the safety function on the weapons.'

'It would fit Roberta's personality of never doing things in half measures. Which is something I admire about her.'

'Also, modifying those weapons to be automatics would not be that hard. The MAG Seven was based the template of a sub-machine gun. With a pump action shotgun function for reloading. The ammo uses a five cartridge ammo clips, which is located in pistol grip of the weapon. So, replacing the guts of the weapon to make it an automatic is completely feasible. Which is likely why both Tex-Mex, and Roberta selected MAG Seven auto-shotguns for Fabiola's main weapons.'

'While I just had Fabiola using semi-automatic pistols, and the assault rifle, in book two of my stories, because I wanted to do something different, and show offer he other firearm skills.'

'Still, with buckshot, she doesn't really need to aim. She just needs to point in the general direction to hit us... Also, I hope she does not have the China Lake forty by forty-six millimeter grenade pump action launcher... Though, with my luck, she does. But, either type of weapon could easily kill me...'

Lee then happily realized, in thought, 'What a minute. she needs me alive. That gives me options that I can play into motion.'

Lee requested, “I know you are pissed with me for very good reasons. Your teacher explained the situation to me. But, how about you let my lawyer go? He has done nothing to you.”

Fabiola smirked, as she stated, “I think not, Lee. I learned at the Devil's Hotel, from Rock and the others, about how slick you can be. Also, we both listened to the others, over the radio, while you were at the factory. And we both, my teacher and I, know you are playing an angle. Actually, several angles at once. Though, I am just not sure how. You are like Rock, before she became such a much better woman.”

Lee commented, “No arguments there. I believe when it came to Rock, it was a matter of outside influences.”

Fabiola flatly said, “That we agree on.”

Lee offered, “Would you like me to tell you things about yourself, that I know about, that others have probably overlooked?”

Fabiola snorted, as she stated, “Like you would know anything about me? Besides the obvious?”

Lee stated, “You are left-handed, and right eye dominant.”

Fabiola eye's slightly widened, as she demanded, in a slightly elevated tone of voice, “How do you know that?”

Lee calmly responded, “When people watch entertaining action, and drama. They tend to miss, small important details that explain a person's personality. I do not. During the Blood Trail arc, when you attacked the Yellowflag, at the beginning of the fight, it showed, at one point, that you closed your left eye, while leaving your right eye open, as you shot your shotguns. I believe those are same models, that you used then, that you are pointing at myself, and my lawyer, right now. Actually, are those the same shotguns from then?”

Fabiola answered, “Yes. They are the same weapons. Please, continue.”

Lee explained, “Closing one of your eyes like that, while the other is open for aiming, shows which eye is dominate. In your case, it is your right eye. When one learns to use a gun, and aim a gun, they have to learn which of their eyes is dominate. Now, the matter of your left-handedness is so obvious, that most people missed it, due to the fact you dual wield you weapons most of the time. But, the one time you did only use one weapon, you only pulled out the shotgun in your left hand. And when you first used your shotguns, in the Yellowflag, you lead off with your left shotgun, then right shotgun.

“Also, right after Revy killed that heavily injured FARC member, in front of you, and the others. You pulled out your shotgun in your left hand, and pointed it at Revy. You did not used your right hand. Also, in the Yellowflag, you pulled the China Lake out with your left hand. This sort of quick, instinctual reaction shows which hand a person is dominate with. Some the same principles can be applied in throwing a ball at someone. Whichever hand the person uses to catch the ball is the hand they are dominate in. Or, which hand they write with.”

“Still, eye dominance trumps hand dominance, when using firearms, due to aiming with your dominate eye. And that is why you used your China Lake with your right hand. So, you can have a better aim with your dominate right eye.”

“Also, I think you were justified in that situation, when you chewed Revy out for killing that FARC member. Killing someone after lying about promising to help that person is wrong.”

Fabiola replied, “Thank you. And I feel you have more to say on this?”

Lee answered, “Yes. I do. Those people, with that combination of eye and hand dominance combination, are on average, more creative, more intelligent, and can handle vastly higher levels of stress, and pain, for longer periods of time, than right-handed people. This explains a lot about your abilities, and personality. This explains why, even with the less than pleasant life you lead, as a child, you still did not crack and go berserk. Like your right-handed contemporaries. Also, this explains how you were able to pick up capoeira, by watching someone else practice those moves. You should be happy about this fact. It means you have an edge on many people. Including, your friends.”

Fabiola inquired, “And how would you know that?”

Lee cracked a grin, as he slowly held up his right arm forearm in front of his chest, in a parallel manner with his chest. He then used his left hand to pulled back the sleeve just enough to show the wrist watch on his right wrist, but not enough to reveal the hologram device. At the same time, he winked at Fabiola, by closing his left eye.

Fabiola responded, “Hmm... I see. You really do use every advantage you have.”

Lee opened his left eye, as he dropped his hands back to his sides. He said, “That is why I am still alive.”

Meanwhile, as Matthew watched, and listened, to all this, he thought, 'What the hell is my client talking about? He talks like he has seen this woman on TV? Or something? And I would remember seeing someone like her on TV. While she is still pointing a gun at me. She is a god damn ten on the babe scale.'

Fabiola commented, “I see from your demeanor, that you still think you can escape?”

Lee smile curled smirk, as he stated, in a sing-song fashion, “Of course. I am a joker.” He nodded towards Matthew, as he continued, “And he is a thief. This is the watchtower. And we are on our way out of here. Because the hour is getting late.”

Fabiola cracked a grin, as she inquired, with mild amusement in her voice, “You are channeling, Jimi Hendrix, at a time like this?”

Lee shrugged, as his smile got wider. He said, “Hey. His version of, All Along The Watchtower, was a cool rendition of that song. I also like the Bear McCreary and Steve Bartek version of the song, as well. Those two gave the song a funky Persian flair to it. And either way, that song fits, because though my precognition and imagination, I am starting to realize I am channeling the multiverse itself.”

Lee thought, 'Though, I did not care for the Bob Dylan version.'

Lee then took a step forward towards her.

In reaction, Fabiola pointed both her shotguns at Lee. She warned, “Not another step.”

Lee continued smiling, as he calmly pointed out, as he took another step, “If you kill me, you cannot have your revenge against me.”

Fabiola lips curled into a smirk, as she responded, “All we need is your brain intact. We even have the equipment to keep your soul in place. We just dump you in a vat, and it will completely restore you, and change you in so many ways.”

Lee did not take another step closer to Fabiola. He showed not emotional reaction to her comment, as he mentally berated himself, 'Crap. I forgot I added that at the tail end of book two.'

Lee inquired, “So, what are you plans? After torturing me? Are you going to make me like Lotton, the white haired maid, on the yacht?”

Fabiola smile turned absolutely feral, as she explained, in a sadistic tone of voice, “You wish. Lotton, got off lucky. You will not. As we change you, we will brainwash you. And then, every few months, we will brainwash you again, with a different personality. You will have a different flavor personality, for each season. And all the while, you will be complete obedient to us.”

Matthew thought, with slight worry, 'Whomever this Lotton person is. I do not envy him, or her. And this woman clearly plans a worse fate for, Lee. Though, given my experience in the court room, it does appear that Lee has more control of the situation than this green haired woman does. Let's see if he can still get us out of this mess, before this woman's teacher reaches us.'

Lee shrugged, as he commented, “I have to admit. That is some pretty creative revenge.”

Suddenly, Lee heard to his left, near the door to the police station, a man shout, “Put down you weapon! Right now! And lay on the ground! Now!”

Lee did not have to look to his left side to know what was about to happen. He maintained a mask of calmness, as he thought, with inward amusement, 'I know where that statement is going to lead. Now is my chance. And I need to bring Matthew with me. Right after Fabiola turns her attention to the new man.'

Fabiola immediately turned to face the newcomer.

Lee saw this, and he quickly used his left hand to grabbed Matthew's right wrist, as he dragged his lawyer down, behind a row of cars. The row of cars the two men were taking cover in was one row over, away from Fabiola and the newcomer, and closer to Matthew's own car.

As second later, police officer fired his ppg at Fabiola, forcing the tan skinned, green haired woman to take cover behind a row of cars.

(_)

At that moment, as Lee and Matthew sat between some cars, beside each other, on the concrete floor, Lee looked over at his lawyer, as he ordered, “Which one is your car? And which side is the driver's seat on.”

Matthew has set his briefcase beside himself, as he used his left hand to rub his sore right wrist.

Matthew has heard Lee, as he thought, 'Given the situation, I think it is best not to complain about my wrist. It is just sore. And it will be fine. Besides, he clearly has the skill to get us out of here, and to safety. So, I might as well go with the situation, and follow his lead.'

As Matthew grabbed the handle of his briefcase with his left hand, as he used his right index finger pointed at a white painted, four door, mid-level car, that right in front of him, on row over, and further away from Fabiola. Matthew dropped his right hand, he turned to look at Lee, as he commented, with slight sheepishness in his voice, “It's a company car. But, the battery has a full charge. It has an automatic transmission. The driver's seat is on its left side.”

Lee thought, 'Good. It is best to confirm which side the steering with is on. A mistake in getting that wrong, could cause us or lives, or worse. Though, this car is not what I was hoping for. But, still...' Lee replied, “Beggars cannot be choosers.”

Matthew realized the subtext of Lee's comment. He shrugged, as he flatly stated, “Hey. It runs. And it will get us away from that lunatic.”

Lee chuckled, for a few seconds. He then said, “You're right. Still, that woman right here is likely one of the least violent, nicest, and sanest members her group. She is just really pissed off at me... And admittedly... Justifiably so.”

Matthew asked, in a worried tone of voice, “Okay... From what you said, how dangerous is her teacher?”

Lee answered, “Let's just put it this way. Her teacher would not bother talking, after she found me. You would already be dead, by her hand. And I would be screaming, in pain, by now.”

Matthew inquired, “And what did you do to these women, to piss them off so much? You have to work at it, to get women this angry.”

Lee stated, “Well, for these two, I accidentally stripped their master of part of his manhood. And he is a person whom they both deeply love and care for.”

Matthew questioned, “How does one accidentally cost someone part of their manhood?”

Lee coyly answered, “A keyboard, some beers, and an all night anime marathon.”

Matthew asked, “What are the odds of me losing my own sanity, if I requested you to explain your comment to me?”

Lee shrugged, as he replied, “Hmm... Probably around fifty-fifty.”

Matthew groaned, as he stated, “I don't want to know. Just get us out of here.”

Lee said, “I am working on it.”

Lee then noticed from the noise that the number of ppg shots were increasing. He thought, 'Looks like that officer has gotten some help. And not all the officers went to face Roberta. Though, very soon, Fabiola will likely pull out of big gun. Then, things are going to get real interesting.'

'Though, we make have to wait a minute, or two, for a window to open, for use to get to Matthew's car.'

Lee stated, “We may be a minute here, until we have a window to run for your car. Don't worry, I know what I am doing.”

Matthew sarcastically retorted, “Those are famous last words.

Lee snorted, as he comment, “You are still breathing. Aren't you?”

Matthew conceded, “Fair enough. I will do what you say.”

Lee replied, “Good.”

The two men then sat in place, on the concrete floor, between some cars, as Lee patiently waited for his precognition, and his ears, to inform him of when the time was right to go for Matthew's white company car.

(_)

Over the course of the next minute, Fabiola occasionally popped up from her hiding place to fire a few shots from her MAG Sevens. With the weapons set to single fire, per trigger pull.

Meanwhile, a few more police officers has shown up to support their fellow officer. They shot from the hallway.

When the officers were not firing, they pulled back the metal door, to shield themselves from the buckshot of Fabiola's auto-shotguns.

Fortunately, none of the ppg shots had hit Fabiola, but the situation was starting to deeply frustrate the green haired woman.

From her cover, behind some cars, Fabiola was extremely upset, as she swapped out the five round ammo magazines, with full ammo magazines, loaded with buckshot. Which she pulled from hidden pockets in her dress.

After she placed the fresh ammo magazines into their housing, in the but of the shotgun, the internal slides of the shotguns automatically loaded a shell into the chamber of each weapon. Next, she placed the empty ammo magazines into one of the hidden pockets in her dress, to be reloaded later.

At that point, Fabiola connected the back of her shotguns to her gambler's rigs, under her sleeves.

With all that done, Fabiola held up her two shotguns, by their pistols grips. One in each hand, as she placed her trigger fingers against the trigger guards of the weapons. She thought, with annoyance, 'I had him, and these fools screwed it up. I would almost believe that Lee was counting on the police showing up, for this very situation. But, Lee could not be that good?... Could he?...'

'Still, I cannot get a clear shot with my shotguns. When I popped up to fire, the shut the door, and the buckshot keeps hitting the doors. I have But, I have something that can get through the door.'

She used the gambler's rigs on the undersides of her forearms to pull her MAG Seven shotguns back up into her sleeves. Then, with her left hand, she reached behind her back, from the top, back, of her shirt, behind her head, as she pulled out her big gun.

When she had pulled her big gun out, used both hands to unfold the stock, from the left side of the main part of the gun.

After the stock snapped in place, behind the rest of the weapon, she held the grip with her right hand, while steadying the weapon, by placing the palm of her left hand to hold the underside of the fore-end.

While she brought the butt of the weapon to front part of her right shoulder, she grin wickedly, as she thought, 'This is going to be fun.'

She the popped up out of her cover, quickly took aim at the metal door, the cops quickly pulled back for cover, and fired.

(_)

Nearby, Lee and Matthew heard a large explosion near the metal door to the police station.

Lee cursed under his breathed, “Shit. She has the China Lake.”

Matthew thought, 'Lee mentioned the China Lake before. I think it is a weapon. And from the sound of the explosion, a powerful weapon. I need to know more.' He quietly inquired, “What is the China Lake?”

Lee thought, 'Time to leave.' He pulled out his sunglasses from a pocket in his coat. He then put on his shades, as he softly said, “I will explain in the car. Just crouch down, and slowly follow me the car. You take shotgun, I got the driver's side.”

Matthew made sure his left hand had a firm grip on the hand of his briefcase. He nodded, as he replied, “Okay.”

Lee cracked a smile, as he thought, 'Now, for some fun.' He then pulled up his right sleeve.

(_)

With the officers gone from the explosion, blowing the door, and everything near it to pieces, Fabiola stood up, while she held her China Lake forty by forty-six millimeter grenade launcher in both her hands.

Fabiola cocked back the pump action fore-end, with her left hand, to eject the spent shell, and reload a new shell, into the chamber, from the ammo tube of the weapon. She did not bother to pick up the spent shell. As she had nowhere to put it, and back home, Roberta had access to more of the grenade shells that her weapon used.

Fabiola thought, 'I am tempted to pick up my shells. But, I am just thinking of how the police are going to try to make heads or tails of the old style ammo, to them, that I am using. And where the hell I got the ammo from. Let alone who I am... That thought makes me want to giggle, just thinking about it...'

'Now, where are those two men. They would not have been crazy enough to try to make a run for it. And get shot. So, they got to be here, somewhere.'

Fabiola turned around, with her back to the door, as she then saw, to her left, Lee crouching down, as he headed away from her, towards a row of cars to her left, from the row she was in.

Fabiola thought, 'The other guy probably ditched, Lee. That doesn't matter. I now have him. And Roberta will be proud.' She looked over at Lee, as she ordered, “Stop right there, Lee.”

Lee stopped.

Fabiola immediately walked out from between the cars, as she rushed over to him.

As Fabiola walked towards Lee, Fabiola kept her China Lake grenade, with the end of the barrel pointed at him, while the butt of the gun was firmly pressed against the front of her right shoulder.

Fabiola thought, 'Now I got him.' She warned, “Don't trying anything, or you will be in pieces.”

When Fabiola reached Lee, she noticed that he seemed be doing something with his hands.

Fabiola ordered, “Stop whatever you are doing.”

But, Lee ignored her.

When Lee seemed to swing out with his left arm, towards her, she took it as an insult, and she decide to kick him in the head with her left foot.

But, then she saw her left foot passed through him. Though, with her acrobat skills, she did not lose her balance as she planted her left foot on the ground, by her right foot.

Fabiola was confused, as she watched Lee stand up and disappear in a flash of light.

Fabiola then realized she had been tricked, as she loudly cursed, “Damn hologram!” She thought, 'I forget that Balalaika mentioned Lee had one of those things!'

Fabiola then heard a car started behind her, to her right, across the room.

She quickly turned around, to see the lights of a four door, white pained car, come to life.

The car immediately burst into motion, as he backed out, and then quickly moved forwards, down the lane it was in, away very Fabiola.

Meanwhile, Fabiola aimed her China Lake at the car, and she fired a grenade at it. But she missed, with the explosion destroying several cars, but the white car, due to the white car quickly made it to the ramps leading towards ground level.

(_)

Inside the moving white car, Lee drove the white car as quickly as possible down the ramp.

Matthew was riding in the front passenger see of his company car. He had placed his briefcase between his legs, on the floor in front of him.

Both of them had already buckled themselves into their seats.

As Lee kept his eyes on the path in front of him, he explained, “The student has a China Lake forty by forty-six millimeter grenade launcher. The good news is that it only holds four rounds. Three in the tube. One in the chamber. Of which she has already used, two. The bad news is we have to survive the next two shots.”

Matthew thought, 'Like we have to worry about that, now. We just on the way to the second floor. She was across the room. It is not like she can catch us, now.' He begged, “Slow down. But, we already lost her. So no worries.”

Lee pointed out, “No. We didn't lose her. She is going to climb down from the outside to the second level, and try to ambush us with the grenade launcher. If she misses, she will try the same thing on the bottom level.”

Matthew commented, “I know I called her a lunatic. But surely, she is not that crazy.”

Lee commented, in an even, though slightly annoyed tone of voice, “Since you are new at this. I am going to let that comment slide... Still, it is not that she is that crazy. It is just that she is that damn good.”

Lee then continued driving.

(_)

At that moment, on the third floor garage, Fabiola didn't have time to fold the grenade launcher stock, onto the weapon itself, as she quickly stuffed it down the back of her shirt.

Fabiola used the fore-end to reload another shell into the chamber of the weapon, as she swiftly headed for the outside guard railing of the floor.

She climb over it, and hung there with both hands. A second later, she let go. A split second later, ten feet down, she used her hands to grabbed hold of the guard railing on the second floor.

Fabiola hauled herself up and over the railing.

She had just enough time to stand up, and pull out her China Lake, as the white car passed by.

She fired, but she was a second to late, as the car ducked down the ramp, and the explosion did not stop, nor damage the vehicle.

Fabiola quickly reloaded the last grenade round her into the chamber of weapon. She then stuffed the launcher down the back of her her shirt, again.

She swiftly went to the outside guard railing, and she repeated the process to get to the ground floor.

(_)

Inside the car, Lee said, in a casual tone of voice, “Told you.”

Matthew thought, 'Okay. This guy knows way too much about the situation.' He demanded, “How the hell do you know this stuff? How do you predict what is about to happen.”

Lee smiled, as he casually answered, “I just come to except the craziest things possible that these women can do, and I plan for the women to do those actions. I have yet to be disappointed.”

Matthew commented, “That is insane.”

Lee countered, “No. This is reality.” He then began lightly chuckling at his private joke, for a few seconds.

(_)

As the car exited the ramp to the ground floor, Fabiola was there to meet them. She took aim, and fired the Chain Lake again, but she missed again. With her destroying some parked cars, but nothing else.

Fabiola mentally cursed, 'Damn. I regret never learning how to hit a moving target with this thing. Though, is there a way I can stop them.'

Fabiola then looked around, and she swiftly she realized, in thought, 'I am near the exit to this parking garage. They have to come through this exit, to leave the building. I still might able to stop them. But, how?'

A second later, she smiled, as she came up with a quick idea. She thought, 'I don't have time to reload. But, the bluff worked before, for my counterpart in the manga. And reading that manga was almost as strange as watching the anime about myself, and my friends. Doing the things we did. Still, I might as well try this bluff.'

As the white car turned, and entered the straightaway to the exit, she immediately stood between them, and the exit, as she held her China Lake with both hands, while she pointed the barrel end of her China Lake at oncoming car.

Fabiola noticed that instead of the car slowing down, the car was speeding up. She then saw through the front windshield, that Lee was driving with a huge smirk on his face. He was also using his left hand to hold up four fingers.

Fabiola suddenly realized, in thought, 'He knows I am out of ammo!'

Fabiola jumped out of the way, to her left, as she both discard the China Lake and had her MAG Seven shotguns come out of her sleeves. When she landed, she did a roll, that allow her to be back on her feet, facing the white car that was now driving away form her.

Fabiola then gave chase.

At that moment, the car immediately burst into the outside night air, with Fabiola running right behind them. Given they were using the exit, there was no automated tollbooth, with a lowered mechanical arm, and intercom, to talk to someone in the building, to let them in. Instead, there was a curved row of of metal teeth on the concrete exit. With the curved row of blades turned outward, so any vehicle that tried to enter that way would blow their tires. While those exiting the building had no such problems.

While Fabiola ran after the car, she began firing her MAG Seven shotguns at the back tires of the white car. The car turned to her left, driving passed the front of the police station, as Fabiola continued firing. But, neither tire blew out, as the car sped away.

As Fabiola ran out of rounds for her shotguns, she came to a stop, in the middle of the street. Though, at that time of night, there were no cars driving by.

Fabiola breathed heavily, as she watched the car drive away, down the street. She thought, with disappointment, 'Being the writer, he would know all about my China Lake, and how many rounds it can hold. Also, he likely knows about that manga scene. And being a master poker player, he knows when to call a bluff. Still, it was worth a try.'

Just then, Fabiola heard Roberta say, in spanish, on her encrypted radio, in a pocket, in her maids dress, “Report.”

Fabiola used her gambler's rigs to make her shotguns slide back up her sleeves. She then used her left hand quickly grabbed her radio from a pocket in her black long skirt.

She looked at the radio, in her left hand looked at her radio. She thought, 'I might as well give Roberta the bad news. Though, she is using the encrypted channel that she set up for the both of us. From the radios we are given by Balalaika. And she showed me how to switch, back and forth, from this channel, to the encrypted channel the others are using. And the reason for the secondary channel was that Roberta does not want our hunt to be disturbed by the others.'

'Still, I am going to have to give her the bad news, as I will retrieve my China Lake and get out of here, before more cops show up. Or, those cops inside, that Roberta did not run across, decide to check out what is going on, outside of the headquarters. Either way, I need to get out of here, as soon as possible. Now, to talk to Roberta and get the ball rolling.

Given Fabiola had already switched her radio to the encrypted secondary channel, she just pressed the talk button on her radio, as she answered her teacher, and good friend. As she did so, she turned and heading back into the exit of the parking garage to retrieve her China Lake.

(_)

In the white car, as Lee had it speed down the road, Matthew was confused, as he asked, “Why are we still alive? She had us dead to rights with those pistols.”

Lee kept his eyes on the road, as he calmly answered, “We are alive because those are not pistols. They are modified MAG Seven auto-shotguns, with gambler's rigs allowed her to pull them from her sleeves. Though, the shotguns are modified, in that the shotguns are self reloading. And with a possible automatic selector switch. Though, she was clearly using single shot mode.”

“Anyway, she loaded her weapons with buckshot that likely wouldn't penetrate the metal and plastic of this car. Also, she was likely was firing at the back tires...”

“Though, I do not understand why we don't have a flat, yet. But, I am not complaining.”

Matthew stated, “The tires are flat resistant. They can run fifty kilometers with holes in them, before giving out.”

Lee replied, “You better hope so, because we don't have time to change a flat. Nor, find another car.”

Matthew commented, “I will hope as much as I can.”

Lee let out a small laugh. He smiled, as he said, “Good answered. Now, which way to Edgars towards.”

Matthew stated, “Keep going straight. I will tell you when turn.”

Lee replied, “Okay. That is fine with me.”

Lee then kept driving the car at high speed, down the street.

(_)

Three minutes ago, on the third floor of the police stations, Barton, Maxwell, along with several other police officers held their ppg pistols, as they stood in a row, behind some desks, as they waited for the intruder to show up.

The attacked stuck with out warning, as she kept to the shadows of the wall mounted flood lights, while she fired her semi-automatic pistols.

Her enhance sight allowed her to see clearly in the shadows, without the flood lights bothering her.

Each shot was a kill shot, as she slaughtered her way through the police personnel.

Maxwell had just enough time to see Barton be shot between his eyes, before the maid was on top of him, and he was killed himself.

After everyone in the room was dead. She stand silent for a few seconds, as she used her enhanced hearing to listen. There was absolute silence in the room, and she did not even hear anyone in the room breathing, besides herself. She also, did not hear anyone coming from the hallways, or offices.

But, she did her noise coming from nearby.

She smiled in a feral, wicked manner, as she holstered her to Argentinian model nineteen twenty-seven Sistema Colt, based on the M nineteen eleven semi-automatic pistols, each of them had a forty round, modified Promag COL-A8 ammo drum clip attached to the bottom of her pistol grips. She then pulled out her combat knife, from its hidden sheath.

(_)

In a nearby, dark closet, on the third floor, Dresden was huddled in the back wall of the room, as he cried his eyes out at the death screams he was sensing with his telepathy.

Suddenly, the door opened to the closet opened inwardly, those Dresden was far enough from the door for him to not be hit by the door swing into the small room.

Dresden looked up, to see who it was. Though, with his telepathy, he already knew who it was.

There was enough illumination from the emergency lighting outside to allow him to see who it was.

It was Roberta, the Bloodhound. A living, breathing, killing machine.

Though, the woman's face was cast in shadows, as she faced him.

Dresden knew, from Lee's thoughts, not to scan this woman's mind.

Dresden continued to looked up at her, as he cried tears from his eyes, which ran down his cheeks. He pleaded, “I don't want to die.”

Roberta walked over to Dresden, and she knelt down to his level. It was then that Dresden saw she had that crazy, insane smile that promised death to all who saw it.

Roberta held up her bloodied combat knife in her right hand. She then up held, with her left hand, by the deadman's hair, the severed head of Maxwell in her left hand.

Roberta coldly demanded, in an even tone of voice, in english, “Where? Is? Lee?”

Dresden begged, “I know don't where Lee is. Please. I don't want to die.”

Roberta looked at the younger man, as she muttered under her breath, “Pathetic.”

She stood up, as she dropped the severed head by Dresden, while she still held onto her combat knife with her right hand.

Roberta turned around and walked out of the closet.

She closed the door behind her. Leaving Dresden unharmed.

Dresden leaned by down on the floor, by Maxwell's severed head.

Dresden had stopped crying, for the most part. He was very happy to be alive. And he was overjoyed by the fact he had already taken him short term memory wiping medication. In about fifteen minutes, he would mercifully forget the last, and worst, three hours of his entire life.

(_)

Right outside of the closet Dresden was inside of, Roberta stood in place, as she cleaned her combat knife off, onto her dress. When she was done wiping off the blood off the blade of the weapon, and onto the bottom part of her white apron, she away her knife its scabbard, somewhere on her person.

Roberta then pulled out her encrypted radio with her right hand. She turned the radio on, and she set it to the encrypted channel she has made for herself and Fabiola to use in private.

Roberta pressed the talk button with her right thumb, as she said into it, in spanish, “Report.”

A few seconds later, on the other end of the line, Fabiola answered, in spanish, “I had Lee, but he got away in a white, four door car, less than twenty seconds ago. He exited the front side of the building, with them turning left, and driving past the entrance of the front of the police station entrance. They have yet to turn down another street.”

Roberta quickly rushed over to the window of the room she was in. She noted that the room face the way front of the building.

She then looked out the window, and to her left, down the road. As she looked for Lee's white car, she saw the adjacent alleyway, to the right side of the main road, that passed by the front of the police station.

There were buildings between the roads, which were two or three stories tall. But, the police station overlooked those buildings, in that area of the city. And given the street lights, and height at which Roberta was looking, Roberta could still see the roads clearing enough.

A few seconds later, Roberta saw the white car driving away. The vehicle was only two blocks from the building. And the white car was heading for one of the local, main highways.

Roberta's continued smiling, as she thought, 'I am glad, that yesterday, I had Fabiola, and myself, memorize all the main roads in this city. And this time, Lee will not lose me so easily.'

Roberta stated, into the radio, in spanish, “I see him. You head back to the inn, and stay with the others. I will handle this myself.”

There was no reply, as Roberta thought, 'Fabiola, knows better than to waste time with needless chatter. And she will do as I tell her. Though, it is going to take her a few minutes, considering we left our reality devices back at the hotel, because we did not want to lose them, or have them stolen.'

'Besides, Revy, Rock, and the others would not leave us stranded here, because we are all friends.'

'Now, to do something I am not really looking for too. For, I have done this before, a few times, even before my... Enhancements. And I know I will not harm myself in doing so.'

Roberta then put away her radio, as she mentally prepared herself for the next action she was about to take.

(_)

At that moment, in the white car, that Lee was driving down the road. By then, both men had put on their seatbelts.

Then, something occurred to Lee, as he kept his eyes in front of him. He requested, “Keep an eye out behind us. We are not anywhere near the being clear of danger, just yet.”

Lee thought, 'Given the lateness of the hour at night, there is likely little traffic on the road. All the police will probably be converging on the police station in a matter of a few minutes. But, the maids will be long gone by then. On the bright side, I doubt there will be any cops between us and the Edgars Industries Complex, to try and stop us, in our high speed burn to safety.'

Meanwhile, Matthew did as Lee instructed. With his seatbelt still on, he looked to his left, between front the seats, and back at the police building. He then saw something strange. He stated, “I think I just saw someone burst through a third story window, and fall to the ground below.”

Lee stated, “Given we were just on the third story floor. Whom you saw was likely the Bloodhound. The purple haired maid. The green haired woman's teacher.”

Matthew commented, “I wouldn't worry. No one could survive a landing at that height.”

Lee countered, “She could. And she has. Even before she became a cyborg. She likely already spotted us. And she will be coming for us in something, real soon.”

Lee mentally reflected, 'We problem should have immediately turned onto another street, before she spotted up. Though, there is nothing we can do about it now.'

'Though, I feel we have just entered the big bad boss level of this game. And all we got to do to survive this is to make it to the finish line, before the boss reaches us. Personally, I always hated such timed chase levels in video game. Though, now that I facing facing such a situation in person. From a personal standpoint, I would rather run, than fight a walking horror like Roberta.'

Lee stated, “We need to put as much distance as we can, before she finds some wheels of her own. Too buy us some more time.” He then saw he was coming up to a four way intersection of the road, with traffic lights on all sides. He asked, “I am coming up to a light. Is there where we turn? Or, do you need me to go straight? Which way do I need to go?”

Matthew turned back around to look in front of them. He saw where they were, as he answered, “Take a right at the next light. Then, it is straight to the highway on ramp. From there we just keep going straight. Later on, the highway literally divides, with the far left lane ending at the Edgars Industries Complex.” He then turned back to look behind him.

Lee replied, “That is good to know.”

Unfortunately, as they came to the traffice light, the light had turned red for them. Though, Lee was not going to stop, just for a traffic light, with Bloodhound of Florencia on his trail.

Though, Lee was careful he ran the red light, while turning right. As he did so, he thought, 'The only good thing about this situation, is they while they use metric measurements, the roads are like in the U.S., where everyone drives on the right side of the road.'

Lee then noticed something, as he tried to apply the brakes. The car did slow down a bit, but not as quickly as it should.

As Lee sped the car back up, he commented, in a calm, and rational manner, “Matthew. Not to scare you. But, one of the student's shots hit brake line. I believe some buck shot bounce on the asphalt, and nicked the brake line under the car. I can feel that brake line is bleeding, and we are losing brake pressure as I work the brake pedal. Soon we are not going to have any brakes at all.”

While continuing to look behind them, Matthew stated, “So, we are going to have a high speed chase without working brakes?”

Lee joked, “Yea. Though, going at high speed sort of defeats the purpose having brakes during such a chase.”

Both men lightly laughed at Lee's gallows humor.

As they calmed down, Matthew deadpanned, “If this killer Bloodhound maid doesn't kill us, we are going to die at the sudden stop at my boss' headquarters.”

Lee countered, “Not really. I have experience with high speed chases. And I have learned how to drive, and safely stop, without having brakes.” He mentally added, 'Those were some fun chases at night, down the roads of Plata Podrido, during the time loop. Though, to be far, I should have been nicer to the brakes on my car, those nights. Still, I had those problems fixed after the time loop ended.'

Matthew inquired, “So, what are you going to do to avoid the sudden stop?”

Lee stated, “When we get close to the gate, I plan to let my foot off the pedal and coast into the complex. We will still likely have to hit something to stop, but it will be a slow speed collision. It will total the car, but as long as we have our seatbelts on, we will be fine.”

Matthew replied, “Okay. I will just have to trust you on this.”

Lee said, “Don't worry. You are in good hands.”

Lee then continued to drive then quickly down the road, to the highway on ramp.

(_)

While the Lee drove passed the red traffic light, outside the front of the police station, Roberta stood up from the ground unharmed, after landing on the street, with both her legs, and her right arm, being used as shock springs to slow her landing.

Roberta stood straight up, as she did mental check on her body to find that she has no injuries from the fall.

She then noticed that she was standing in the right lane of the street. The lane that Lee has been driving down, to get away from her student, and herself.

Suddenly, she saw headlights behind her, and heard a car horn honk.

Roberta turned around and saw a two door, two seat, cherry red, convertible sports car, with its top, and windows down, stopped right behind her.

The human man who was its driver's seat, on the left side of the car, was not wearing a seatbelt. The man loudly stated, in an annoyed tone of voice, in english, “Hey lady! Move out of the way!”

The man then saw, in his headlights, Roberta's lips curl into a toothy, slasher grin. The man immediately when silent with fear.

While the man was still too afraid to asked, Roberta calmly walked over to the driver's side of the car. She then used her right arm to literally grab the driver by the front of his shirt, and throw the driver out of the car. With the man landing onto the sidewalk, with only a few bruises. And the man did not even have time to turn off his car, and remove his keys from the ignition.

With the motor already still running, Roberta hopped over the driver's side door, and into the driver's seat. She found that car had an automatic transmission, located in the center console, between the seats. And the car was set to park.

Roberta set the car to drive, and she floored the gas pedal, as she sped away.

As Roberta felt the wind play with her hair, she continued smiling to herself. She thought, with eagerness and anticipation, 'Now, the true hunt begins.'

(_)

At that moment, in the white car, Lee had nearly floored the gas pedal, as they came up on the ramp, that allowed enter a six lane highway, on the right lane, going towards Edgars Headquarters.

Lee found he had no problems merging with traffic, as the ramp lane merged with the far right lane of the highway.

Lee saw that like the outer loop, there were street lights every fifty feet, or so, on each side of the highway, providing plenty of illumination for the drivers, from street lights set in rows, along the sides of the highway, and along the interior, concrete barrier median of the highway.

The highway had three lanes for coming, and three lanes going. Lee found that the road was modernly busy on both sides of traffic, with him staying in the right lane, except when he needed to pass.

Lee thought, 'Good. The semi-trucks are staying in the left and center lanes, like they should. And most of the vehicles in the right lane are going as fast as I want to go. We are going around eighty miles an hour. And I would guess, converting from kilometers, on the speedometer, to miles, in my head, that this cars top speed is between eighty-five to ninety miles an hour.'

'Though, that is fast enough. And since everyone is going this speed, I am going with the traffic, meaning I will likely not get pulled over, even if there is a cop nearby.'

'Also, this is nowhere near as bad as going through downtown Atlanta, Georgia, during rush out. Bumper to bumper, doing eighty-five miles an hour. Now, that is insane.'

'And I regret I cannot use their names. But, I do not know Matthew enough to mention Roberta, Fabiola, and the others by name, in front of him. Still, I need to remind Matthew to keep a lookout for Roberta.'

Lee kept his eyes forward, as he stated, “Look behind us, at those driving cars very fast, towards us. Look for a young, fair skinned woman, with long purple hair. That is the other maid. Or, more aptly, the Bloodhound.”

Matthew continued looking behind them, as replied, “Gotcha.”

Lee thought, 'Though now, that I think about it. This would be a good excuse to get to know a little more about you, Matthew. And it would help take your mind off of how dire our situation really is.'

Lee kept his eyes in front of him, and to his sides, as he requested, “Given you are now my lawyer, Matthew. I would like to know a little about you.”

While still looking behind them, Matthew stated, “There is not much to tell. I had a normal childhood. I became a lawyer to help my younger brother. For a few years, I got caught up in the drug culture. During that time, me, and a good friend I had, a mexican reporter, did a wicked burn at Babylon Five, while bombed out of our gourds. And we got away from the station right before the hammer was about to drop on us, and back to Mars.”

Matthew's lips curled into a wicked grin, as he continued, “Keep in mind, Mars is an independent, sovereign nation. And we don't have an extradition treaty with the Earth Alliance, yet... Hehehe... Last I heard from my reporter friend was that he was going on a Martian dust run. He disappeared after that... But, I miss him.”

“Anyway, I got clean, won a few major cases for my brother, and those like him. Then, I got hired personally, as a lawyer to Edgars Industries, by Mister Garibaldi, himself. I think the main reason he hired me was that I had the balls to freely admit to his face what I did in Babylon Five. He laughed during my story, and for a few minutes after I finished my story, about what my friend and I did there.”

“Finally, after some time there, I was assigned to your case, and we find ourselves here, being chased by unstoppable killing machine.”

Lee could not help be laugh a little, as he happily thought, 'Fear and Loathing in Babylon Five. I am going to have to keep him around just hear the backstory to that one.'

As Lee calmed down, he stated, “Well Matthew, you are the exact type of lawyer I want. I want someone that can appreciate the concept of taking refuge in audacity.”

Without turning to look at Lee, Matthew said, “Thank you, Lee.”

Lee commented, “You're welcome. Now, keep an eyes out, while I do our best to get us to your boss, as quickly, as possible, and in one piece.”

Matthew replied, “No problem.” Matthew then continued looking behind them, Lee drove them down the highway.

Two minutes later, Matthew saw the purple hair woman in the distance, as she drove a cherry red convertible sports car towards them. With the roof and side windows down on the vehicle.

Matthew thought, 'With her long purple hair waving in the wind, she is not hard to spot.' He commented, “Lee, you were right. She's here. I see her coming up fast in a red sports.”

Lee looked in the rearview mirrors. He saw that she was weaving through the lanes, as she passed by cars and trucks. She was about a fifty yards from them, and closing. He stated, “I see her.”

Matthew continued to look at the red sports car that was coming on them. He said, “As your lawyer, I highly suggest we go faster.”

Lee stated, “I have the gas pedal almost to the floor.”

Matthew continued looking behind the Bloudhound, as he asked, in a deadpan tone of voice, “Then, how can she be gaining on us so fast?”

Lee flatly answered, “Simple. She is in a high-end sports car. We are in a medium level piece of crap. Here. Turn around, and take the wheel. I think I can solve our problem. If I don't, then in about twenty seconds, she is going to be on top of us. And then it is over. So, just don't disturb me. I only got one shot this.”

Matthew quickly turned around to look at the road in front of them. As he grabbed the steering wheel, with his left hand, Lee let go of the wheel.

Matthew steered the car, while Lee kept his foot on the gas pedal.

Lee pulled the level on the left, bottom side of his chair, and he set his chair to lean all the way back. He then was facing the closed sunroof of the car. He quickly opened the car's sunroof. Next, he pulled out the last grenade that he stole from Jayne.

Without taking his eyes off the road in front of them, from the corner of his right eye, Matthew saw the strange looking grenade. He asked, “You had that the entire time? And the police security sensors, nor the telepath, did not pick it up?”

Lee kept his visual focus on the open sunroof, as he stated, “Mister Dresden did know about it. But, he realized the seriousness of the situation. And this grenade is so different from the standard weapons the sensors are designed to pick up, that they did not realize what it is.' He thought, 'Along with my reality device and hologram device. Though, I was counting on that.'

Matthew thought, 'The mysteries just continue to pile up on of this man. But, this is not the time for such questions.' He commented, “Okay. Though, I still don't know what are you doing?”

Lee requested, in a sarcasitc tone of voice, “Stay quiet. I am using the force.” He thought, 'Or more like my precognition. Though, I have never done this before with a grenade. And if I am not careful, I could get us killed.”

Lee closed his eyes, as he held the grenade in his right hand.

He internally felt for the right time to prime and throw his explosive weapon.

Suddenly, he sense the moment was at hand. The right exact moment. He quickly used his left hand to turn knob on the top of the grenade, priming its eight second fuse. Right after priming the weapon, he tossed the grenade in an underhanded throw, out of the sunroof.

(_)

A few seconds ago, twenty-five yards behind Lee and Matthew. In the same far right hand lane, Roberta was driving her red sports car, towards Lee and Matthew's white car.

There were no vehicles between the two men, and Roberta.

Roberta thought, 'I can see that Lee is the one driving. And I could shoot them both right now. But, what would be the fun in that? I think I will drive them off the road, then I will handle them both.'

Then, Roberta further pressed down the gas pedal, to more quickly gain on the two men.

Suddenly, she saw something small come out of the top of the white car in front of her. With the small object landing on the front, right side of the windshield, between the hood and the window wipers. Right in front of Roberta.

Roberta immediately realized it was a small grenade, as she quickly ripped off the driver's side door, and jumped out. She came rolling to a stop onto center lane of the highway. She then laid there, on her back, as she wait for the explosion to happen.

Fortunately, the streets lights allowed other drivers to see her in the middle lane, and the red car, in the far right lane, that was slowing down.

The vehicles drove around into the far left lane, to avoid hitting her in the middle lane, and the burning car in the far right lane. Though, none of the vehicles stopped to check on Roberta.

A second later, the grenade went off, and caused the car to explode. Fortunately, there was no one, nor any vehicles near the red sports car, when it exploded.

While laying face down on the road, Roberta smile wickedly, as she thought, while feeling slightly impressed with her prey, 'Not bad, Lee. Not bad at all. There is nothing more invigorating than a challenging hunt, lead to success. And you are proving to be a worthy challenge.'

(_)

At that moment, up the highway, in the white car, Lee closed the sunroof. He then set his chair back up, as he took the steering wheel. With Matthew letting, and leaning back in his seat, as Lee took the steering wheel with both his hands. Matthew then looking in the right side, door mirror, at the vehicle that Lee had just destroyed.

Lee saw there was not vehicles in front of him, for about a hundred feet. So, Lee took the opportunity to look his rearview mirrors to see that the smoke remains of red sports car had come to a stop, as it was on fire, in the same far right lane they were in. Though, Lee did not see Roberta. And that greatly worried him, he also felt relief that Roberta no longer had transportation to catch them with.

Lee put his attention back in front of him, as he thought, 'Well, that is that. Now, to get to Edgars Industries headquarters, before Roberta finds another set of wheels. I hope Roberta did not seriously harm, or kill, the person she stood that red sports car from. Though, I will still have Matthew play lookout.'

Matthew looked over to his left side, at Lee, as he said, “I am still surprised you had a grenade all this time.”

Lee continued looking down the road, as he smirked. He stated, “It worked, didn't it? It's over.”

Then, Lee saw a tiny glint of white, from the corner of his right eye, in the center rearview, of the car.

Lee looked over at the mirror to see Roberta standing in the middle of the road, to their left. She was tiny in the mirror, but the vehicles were driving around her, to avoid hitting her. And in the street lights, Lee could see the white apron around her waist as clear as day.

Lee then saw that Roberta had start running towards them. He stated, with a mild sense of dread in his tone of voice, “Or, maybe not... Take a look behind us, and let me know where the maid is heading near.”

Matthew looked behind him, and between the front seat. He saw that by then, Roberta was running as fast as the cars were driving on the road, which were doing around eighty miles an hour. Matthew exclaimed, in a mix of fear, disbelief, and surprise, “She is not human!”

Lee quipped, “You just figured that out, Matthew? So, do you have any weapons on you?”

Matthew turned around to face Lee, as he replied, “What do you mean?”

Lee stated, “That grenade was my last weapon. We need something, or we are screwed.”

Matthew leaned down, and grabbed his briefcase from the floor, between his leg. He then leaned back up, set the briefcase on his lap, with two the numerical combination locks facing him. He set the proper three digit numbers of the two locks. He then undid the locks, and opened the briefcase.

Matthew then pulled out something, from his case, that he carefully set on his lap, in front of his briefcast. He closed the case, shut the locks, and place as brief case back between his legs.

With his left hand, Matthew carefully picked up the item in his lap, as he stated, “One of the rangers lent me this, right before I went to the police station, to meet with you.”

Lee risked a look to his right side, to look at what the item was. He saw that it a ranger fighting pike, that was collapsed to its four inch long cylinder mode.

Lee looked back at the road, as he stated, “Not what I had in mind. But, it will have to do. Hand it here.” He kept his left hand on the steering wheel. He held out his right hand, as he looked back at Matthew and the item in Matthew's left hand.

Matthew carefully set the weapon into Lee's right hand, with the center button facing up, in Lee's right open palm. As Matthew let got of the compressed staff weapon, he cautioned, “Careful not to hit the center button. Which I turned to face up.”

Lee closed his hand around the weapon, while paying special attention to not press the center button. He looked back at the highway in front of them, as he said, “Thanks for the reminder.”

Lee continued to pay attention to the highway in front of them, and Roberta closing in behind them, by glancing at the rearview mirrors, as he thought, 'Now, I have a weapon. The question is how I am going to use it? At least, I have a few minutes to think of a plan, before Roberta reached us. But, none of the plans I am coming up would work in the manner that Matthew and I would survive, and get away. And I cannot sacrifice Matthew, because he is the key meeting Garibaldi. And getting Garibaldi's help would buy me more time for my larger plans of escape.'

Lee took a risk to take a closer look at the collapsed pike, in his right hand. He used his right fingers to careful adjust his hold of it in his right hand, to where it the cylinder was held long ways in the palm of his hand, with the red button in the middle facing up, to where he could press it with his thumb. Lee then looked up at the road in front of him.

Matthew then looked back just in time to see the running maid jump onto the roof of a nearby car. He stated, with worry evident in his tone of voice, “She just jumped onto the roof of a car. She really isn't human! We are screwed!”

Lee turned to Matthew, as he snapped at his lawyer, “Either nut up, or shut up. I need you keep an eye on where she is at. And where she is going.”

Matthew thought, 'I don't know the term, but I know the meaning. I have got to get a hold of myself, and do my part of this job. Or, we are dead. Or, worse, at least first for Lee. From what the green haired woman said.' Matthew then kept track of Roberta, as he calmly stated, “She has now jumped onto the bed of a pickup truck.”

“Now, she is on the roof of another car.”

“She just made it onto a taxi.”

“And now she is on the trailer container of a semi.”

“She is not on the hood a mini-van. I am surprised that roof could support her landing. They were not made to handle that type of strain... Now, she has jumped onto a full sized van.'

Matthew kept updating Lee, as Lee continued to keep the car in the far right lane.

Their car soon came up to being parallel to green semi-tractor-trailer truck, to their left side. The truck was hauling a standard steel trailer container box, with the truck being in the middle lane, next to the right lane Lee and Matthew's white car were in.

(_)

Roberta jumped from vehicle roof top, to vehicle roof top. With some of her jumps being measured over a hundred feet. Even with wind resistance, Roberta had no problems perfectly landing each time.

While Roberta continued to jump, she saw that she was getting closer to Lee's white car. She smiled, as she thought, with mild amusement, 'This is kind of fun. And the wind resistance is not that bad.'

'Now, I know why Revy finds jumping from high speed boat, to high speed boat, so much fun. Still, this is a lot more dangerous, than doing that. Because unlike jumping boats, which if one misses, the person hits the water, and gets wet. I miss, and I will eat asphalt. Still, I will just have to be more careful. And I would gloat about this to her. But, she is not one to take gloating well.'

Her smile turned feral again, as she continued her thoughts, 'Now, to capture my prey.'

Roberta than jumped on top the trailer container that was beside the white car, to her right, that Lee was driving. She walked up the top of the container, to line up her next jump.

(_)

At that moment, inside the white car below, Matthew yelled, “She just jumped onto the top of the cargo contained right beside us!”

Lee cursed under his breath, “Damn. We're out of time.” As he partly looked to his left, at the container, and he suddenly realized that he was driving beside trailer part of the green semi.

Lee then started to formulate another plan.

A few seconds later, Lee finished his plan, as he thought, 'That could work.'

Lee quickly used the controls on the door by him, to his left, to lowered all four of the electronic side windows of the car.

As the open window began to blow air into their car, Matthew asked, “What are you doing?”

Lee kept his left hand on the steering wheel, as he used his right hand to undo his seatbelt, and remove it. While he did so, he flatly stated, “Minimizing debris.”

Matthew replied, “Huh?”

A second later, both of them heard the noise, and felt, as Roberta landed on top of their car hood roof.

Lee gripped the collapsed pike in his right hand, more rightly, as he gripped the steering wheel with his left hand. He also steered the car exactly where he wanted to go, as he ordered, “Undo your seatbelt, and duck under the dashboard, right now.”

Matthew did so.

At that moment, outside, on the roof of their car, Roberta pulled her two Argentinian model nineteen twenty-seven Sistema Colt semi-automatic pistols from her person. Each of her pistols had a forty round, modified, Promag COL-A8 ammo clip, attached at the bottom of her pistol grips.

Roberta then immediate started firing at the engine, in the front of the car.

Lee saw the shots being made into the hood in front of him. He swiftly check to see that Matthew had removed his seatbelt, and ducked under the dashboard, in front of him. Which, Matthew had done so.

Lee then quickly ducked to his side, over the center console, as he steered the car, to his left, between the front landing gear of the trailer itself, and the back tandem axles, and wheels, of the trailer.

Lee knew the car was to tall to clear the trailer, and that was what he was counting on.

(_)

Outside Roberta realized what was happening, as she immediately jumped up, to her left, and over the top of the trailer, while the white car's hood was sheered off.

The front and back windshields detached with the roof, in single pieces. And with the side windows lowered, there were no glass shards created, to rain down on on Lee and Matthew on the inside of the car, due to the maneuver Lee presently did.

As Roberta was in the apex of her arc, over the trailer, she saw just was she expected. Below her, Lee's white car exited into the far left lane, she smiled as she held her guns ready.

Roberta's grin turned more feral, as she thought, ''Just what I expect you to do, Lee. Nice attempt to try to lose me. But, it will not work. Now, I have you.'

Roberta's timing and aim was excellent, as she planned to land right into the backseat of the Lee's white car.

While falling, she kept her trigger fingers on the trigger guards of her weapons.

But, as she fell closer to the car, she noticed Lee was holding something with his right hand above the center console of the car. With the thumb side of his first facing to Lee's side. Also, the item's top and bottom was uncovered, as Lee gripped the item by the sides, with his right fingers and hand. With the bottom of the item placed flat against the top of the console.

(_)

At that moment, in the car, Lee was leaned back up, and he looked up at Roberta's slasher smile, with a smirk on his face.

For one brief moment, their eyes met, as Roberta was close enough to see passed Lee's shades, and into his eyes.

And a second later, at the last possible moment, Lee used his right thumb to trigger the fighting pike, in his right hand, to expand.

The weapon, popped up like a spring, hitting Roberta in her stomach, and knocking the wind out of her, while wiping smile off her face, as the blow ejected her away from, and behind, Lee's white car.

At the same time, the staff also ejected itself from the car, and fell onto the road, behind them.

While going back up into the air, the blow also caused Roberta to let go of her pistols, as she land onto the highway with a thud.

The graceless fall caused her to roll a few times, on her side.

As Roberta sat up, Roberta turned and watched the now topless white car, speed away. As she got her breath back, she placed her right hand where the weapon had hit her on the stomach.

She admitted to herself, “I actually felt that.” She then quickly mentally checked herself, as she thought, 'Though, I don't think the blow, nor the landing did any serious damage to me. I will have a nice bruise for a couple of days, where that thing hit me in the stomach. But otherwise, I should be fine. Now, I just need to figured out how to catch up with Lee, again, without run. Because that running and jumping, while fun, was starting to tire me.'

Roberta then realized something, as she mentally wondered, 'Why are not any cars driving around me.' She turned to her left and behind her to see. And what she saw to her left, caused me to smile.

Roberta continued to smile, as she thought, 'Yes. That will do just nicely. But first, I need to quickly collect my weapons. Considering time is of the essence, I will not need them for this next part. So, I will check on their later.

Roberta then got up, and swiftly located and collected her two pistols off the road.
(_)

Meanwhile, the human, male, driver of the green semi-tractor trailer truck saw the whole event play out, from his rearview mirrors, as he immediately turned the trail to his right, and he began to stop, as the white car cleared under his trailer. As a way to get the white car away from his truck and trailer, to minimize any more risk of someone getting hurt in an accident.

A few seconds later, as the truck driving had his semi come to a stop, he noticed the white, roofless car, with to men in it, drive away.

The truck driver thought, “Damn idiots. They are going to get themselves, or someone else killed.'

The trucker then noticed the news helicopter, in the air, to his upper left, that fly away, as it followed the damaged white car.

The truck driver cracked a grin, as he thought, with amusement, 'But, idiots that are likely going to get caught.'

Though, given the way the truck driver stopped, blocked the middle and right lanes.

And due to Roberta landing in the left lane, the vehicles in the left lane stopped to avoid hitting Roberta. This block all three lanes of traffic on that side of the road, creating grid lock.

It was then that the truck driver noticed Roberta laying on the road.

The trucker thought, with worry, 'Oh hell. She was likely thrown from the car. I need to see how hurt she is.'

The truck driver immediately put his semi into park, undid his seatbelt, and began to get out of his large semi-tractor-trailer truck. The trucker was in such a hurry, he did not remove the key, and he left the driver's seat door open, as he got out.

It took about a minute for the driver to make his way out of his vehicle, and onto the highway, to see if he could help that women that had landed on the road.

By the time, the trucker had gotten out, with him on the road, approaching the women in a black and white dress, he saw the woman just leaned up from the road, as she had items in her hands. Though, the woman's back was turned from the trucker. And due the shadows of the street lights, the trucker could not see what the woman was doing.

The woman then started putting her items away.

(_)

Roberta had quickly collected her pistols off the road. She found that the cars behind her had continued to stay where they were. Considering, with their headlights, they saw that she had been collecting her pistols off the road.

As Roberta faced the concrete divider, on the left lane of the road, she holstered her two semi-automatic pistols.

Roberta then heard a male voice, behind her, inquire, with concern, in english, “Lady, are you alright?”

Roberta thought, 'I am glad someone was nice enough to check on me. I see this place does have a few kind people in it.

With her hands empty, Roberta turned around and she saw the truck driver approached her, to see if she was alright.

Roberta grinned wickedly at the man, and she saw that it was the semi-tractor-trailer trucker that had come to help her. With the man leaving the left driver's seat door open, and the truck idle.

Roberta happily thought, 'This is even better. At least, I won't have to yank him from his truck. And he likely left the key in it. So, I will just leave him on the road, unharmed.'

Roberta continued to grin wickedly, as she looked at the truck driver. She answered, in english, “Thank you for you concern. I soon will be.”

(_)

Less than a minute later, Roberta closed the door to her new vehicle. And she back on the road, in the green semi-tractor-trailer truck that she had taken from the driver. She quickly used her knowledge of vehicles, to put the transmission in gear, and drive the truck on the road, towards Lee and Matthew. With her quickly building speed in her large vehicle.

Though, Roberta left unharmed driver stranded on the side of the road. And the cars behind the truck, ignored the truck driver, as traffic started back up.

Roberta just gave the trucker driver one of her slasher smiles. The trucker took one look at Roberta's smile. He said, 'Keeps in the ignition. She's all yours.' He then turned and walked to the far right side of the highway, to the emergency lane, as Roberta ran for the open driver's side of the truck.

As Roberta drover down the highway, she moved to the center lane. And she also found that the truck had a near a full tank of whatever it ran on. That mean she could floor the pedal and not worry about fuel, as she made up for lost time, in her hunt.

While Roberta drove, she smiled, as she thought, 'This hunt is not over, yet. Not by a long shot.'

(_)

Meanwhile, a few minutes ago, in the white car, after Lee had just ejected Roberta from the car, and passed by the left side of the truck.

Lee continued to drive down the left lane of the highway, as he turned back to look at the road ahead of him.

Lee did not bother to buckle himself up.

Also, from the corner of his left eye, Lee noticed something, but he intentionally paid it no mind.

Lee calmly put both hands the steering wheel, as he said, in a relaxed tone of voice, to Matthew, “You can sit up now. And don't bother with the seatbelts. They were likely damaged in that little stuck of mine.”

Matthew leaned up, and he did as suggested. He did not buckled himself back into his seat. Though, he turned to Lee, and he saw that Lee was making great use of wearing his sunglasses at night. To break the wind off his eyes.

Meanwhile, Matthew did not have that luxury, as he had no glasses on himself to wear. But, given the clarity of the air, he could still see ahead of them, without it stinging to much.

Matthew thought, 'Lee is like Corey Hart. I wear my sunglasses at night. I guess there is a reason to do that. I wish I thought of bringing my sunglasses. Oh well. Now, where is the Bloodhound? And why are we not dead? For that matter, where the roof of the car?'

As Matthew looked around, he saw the Bloodhound was nowhere in sight. He then noticed Lee was snickering, as Lee kept looking down the road.

Matthew asked, “What are you snickering about?”

Lee continued looking down the road, he thought, 'Because, from the corner of my eye, I saw you looking around. No doubt, you are wondering where the Bloodhound is. And why we are still alive. Thought, I better coming up with another reason, for my snickering. Because, telling you that would be rude. And I know just what I want to say. With you, my captive audience.'

'Also, I noticed our little stunt stopped traffic behind us. So, that is good as well. With the Bloodhound likely quickly recovering from that. It will still take her a few minutes to find some more wheels. And with luck. That will give us more than enough time to reach fortress, Edgar's Industries, the literally army inside, and Garibaldi, himself, before she can get to us.'

'But, I better answer you now. Before you ask me other questions, which are harder to answer, for both of us.'

Lee kept his eyes on the road, as he stated, “I was just thinking about the weapons and equipment our pursuer is using. I got a good look at her weapons, as she was trying to literally get the drop on top of us. Most people focus on her slasher smile. But, I was taught to focus on the firearms. And I am surprised that she still is using those Promag ammo drum clips.”

“The Argentinian model nineteen twenty-seven Sistema Colt semi-automatic pistols is based off of the model M nineteen eleven semi-automatic pistol is a good quality weapon. And it uses quality ammo. The point forty-five ACP bullet. I have actually have the privilege of firing that exact model pistol when I was younger.”

“The pistol itself was original used by the Argentinian military and police during much of the middle part of the twenty century. And I am sure that to this day, it is considered one of the finest semi-automatic pistols ever made. And it fires very smoothly. It does not have much of a kick to it.”

“Also, the pistols use single-action action trigger system. Meaning the hammer has to be cocked for the trigger to fire it. But, knowing the Bloodhound's preference to have her weapons modified, she might have had her weapon customized to have double-action trigger systems. Meaning the trigger can pull back the hammer, and fire the round in the chamber.”

“What I like about that model pistol, and I am sure the person who is after us likes as well, is the way the safety systems work. It has a grip safety. Meaning that on the upper back part of the grip, there is a release for the hammer. If you don't fully grip the pistol, you cannot fire it. And it has a slide safety, for when the hammer is cocked back. With the slide safety located on the left upper side of the grip, for use of the right thumb, to toggle on and off.”

“Still, the slide safety is of a much older design. And it shows its age this way. In that it does not have a decocking function. And the slide safety will only lock when the hammer is already cocked. There is a really good reason for this. The hammer of the pistol is so small, and without a decocking function, if someone tries to manual cock the hammer, it can slip out of the persons fingers, and misfire. With the slide sliding back, and shredding the fingers and hand of that person.”

“So, the slide safety was designed to lock the hammer when the hammer was cocked back. And someone would not have to uncock the hammer, to use the safety. This was a smart design feature for the people at Colt, whom designed and made the weapon, to fix the minor design defect with the hammer.”

“Thought, I realized this a while ago, without having that type of misfire. That one should never try to manually cock hammer of that Sistema, by the hammer. Always, use the slide to cock the hammer.”

“Also, even though, like the original nineteen twenty-seven Colt, the Sistema had fixed front and back, open sights. Since this woman has a preference for modifying her weapons. Her colts likely have adjustable back sights.”

“Now, on the other hand. As good as the colt and ammo is. The forty round Promag COL-A8 ammo drum clip, on the other hand, had problems, both with not fully feeding the ammo, and it was knowing to cause the pistol ammo to jam in the chamber.”

“Still, her Promag ammo drums clip are different than the standard COL-A8 ammo drums. The standard COL A eight is a completely black plastic ammo drum, and clip. While, her ammo drums had a clear plastic, back casing, allowing her to see how much ammo she has left. Don't ask how I saw that. It is a long story. Anyway, it is very likely that her ammo drums are modified. And when she had those ammo drum modified, she had those flaws and defects fixed as well...”

“And that would take a master gunsmith to do... She likely used her former master's family resources to get the equipment, and help, to make the modifications to her weapons. That would explain where she got her other more interesting pieces of hardware. Such as the China Lake, for her student. I checked. Those things are rare, and hard to come by, even when they are produced by a third party.”

“Though, given the size of those ammo drum clips, with her being able pull out her pistol so quickly, with the pistols being ready to shoot, I do not want to know where she hides those weapons on her person.”

“That being said, I think she should have stayed with using the original seven bullet ammo clips, because she could really pulled off that dual, Desperado, Banderas, dual pistols popped out of both sleeves, into the hands, at the same time, trick. Very cool.”

“But, she always preferred more firepower over style and finesse. Which is definitely an interesting contrast to her student, whom prefer finesse over firepower. Not that I am going to argument those points with her. Even if she was not trying to kill us. Because, she has results with her methods.”

Matthew looked at Lee, as he listened to his client's comments. Matthew responded, in a confused tone of voice, “Huh?... What the hell are you talking about?... How do you know what you know?... Who the hell are you really?”

While still looking forward, toward the road in front of them, Lee smirked, as he thought, 'All wonderful questions to answer.'

He continued to smirk, as he happily commented, “I'm a user. Though, you can call me, Frankenstein... And you're my navigator... Bwahahahahaha!...” Lee's voice become more causal in its tone, as he continued, “Still, I really wanted to keep that staff. It is not as cool as a lightsaber, but it is worth having. Too bad I had to lose it to the Bloodhound. But, it was a good trade off. We are still both breathing.”

Matthew agreed, “You got that right.”

Lee commented, “Besides. We are being watched. With the roof off, there is a helicopter behind us, to our upper left. But, don't look directly at the camera. The viewers don't like that. And it is best not to allow them to get a direct look at our faces.”

McCormick simply replied, “Okay.” He then sarcastically thought, 'Just great. Even if I don't look at the helicopter. Which I don't plan to. Eventually, I will be identified, and everyone will connect me to this mess. Though, I will deal with that later. Right now, I want to get this job done, demand a much deserved, immediate vacation, and go home.'

While they drove down the highway, even with the top and windshields gone, Lee found the wind resistance was not that bad at the high speed they were traveling at.

Lee thought, 'At least I have my sunglasses on. And even with them on, I can still see fine. Due to the street lights and headlights of my car. Though, I still have the brake issues. Slowing down it going to become a real issue soon. I will just have to pop this think into neutral and coast our way down.'

(_)

A minute later, Matthew saw something in front of them, as he stated, “I see the lights of gates, concrete walls, buildings in the distance.”

Lee then noticed the lights coming from a few miles out from the Edgars Industries Complex, as well.

Lee also saw the lights outline Edgar's complex in the distance. Soon, they came into view, where they saw the buildings were lit up like Christmas tree of orange lights. There was the main, very large, very tall, building in the center of the headquarters. With small buildings surrounding it.

Lee could also see the orange lights that ringed the fence of the complex.

Even the orange lights around the gates, on that side of the complex, peeked out of the distance.

Lee thought, 'We are getting close. Now, to make better use of my lawyer.' Lee ordered, “Get on your cellphone, and tell Edgars security that we are coming in hot. And we are going to need armed guards ready at the gate. Along with any other firepower they can bring to the table.”

Matthew he pulled out his cellphone. He then dialed the direct number to Edgars security, that he knew of.

While Matthew put the phone to his right ear, to wait for the other end to pick up, he inquired, “Do you think she is not going to give up?”

Lee kept his eyes on the room, as he flatly replied, “That bitch does not know how to give up.”

Matthew said, “I was afraid you were going to say this.”

A second later, Lee heard Matthew say over the phone, “This is McCormick. I have the client. And we are coming in hot.”

Lee thought, 'The ball is in my lawyer's court, now. I just hope he can convince them to do as we request.'

As Matthew had his conversation on his phone, Lee was not fully passing attention to what Matthew was saying, as he drove the down the road.

As their car cruised down the highway on the left most lane their side, Lee noticed that the two lanes to his right separated from his lane, and veered to the right, around the large complex.

At the same time, Lee noted the far two left lanes of the oncoming traffic veered to the right around the complex.

As this happened, the lane they were on, the far left lane, and the nearest lane of oncoming traffic to his left merged into a two lane road. Though, the street lights continued every fifty feet or so, on the sides of the road.

Lee yelled, “Homestretch, babe!”

Suddenly, they heard a large horn blow behind them.

Lee mentally cursed, 'Oh no. I just jinx myself.'

Matthew heard the horn, as well.

With the cellphone still to Matthew right ear, and Lee keeping a first hand on the steering wheel, both of them turned around, the two men look between the two front seats, and behind them, to see a green semi-tractor-trailer truck, hauling a trailer container behind it, going a high speed towards them, and gaining on their car.

Through the left driver's windshield window, they both saw that Roberta, with her slasher smile, was at the steering wheel of the truck.

As both of them turned back to face the road in front of him, Matthew kept his right ear to the phone, as he put his right thumb over the microphone of his cellphone. He turned to Lee, as he listened to the other end of the line. He flatly stated, towards Lee. “Damn! You were right! She does not know when to quit!”

Lee then noticed a red light on the dash board instruments behind his steering wheel.

Lee said, “I got worse news. The heat gauge is red lining. She shot the radiator, or whatever keeps the engine cool from the friction of its gears. The engine is going to seize any second.”

By then, they were literally a mile from the gates of the complex, as both men saw the gates begin roll open for them.

Matthew then heard something from the other end of the line, that made him frown. He kept his thumb on the microphone of the cellphone, as he commented, in a strong tone of disappointment, and slight anger in his voice, “Damn it! I got more terrible news. They say they are opening the gate. But, they will not do anything else.”

Lee turned his head to his right, as he looked Matthew in his eyes. He stated, in a deadly serious tone of voice,“If they don't bring out their big guns right now, we are all dead!... Give me the phone.”

Matthew quickly handed Lee the phone.

Lee kept his left hand on the steering wheel, as he took the phone with his right hand.

Lee looked back in front of him, as he held the phone to his right ear. He yelled into the microphone of the cellphone, “Ah hell! Ah hell! Ah hell!”

Lee then hung up the cellphone, by flipping it close. Next, he tossed it back to Matthew, whom caught it, and put it away, in one of his pockets.

Lee thought, 'Ah hell, in Minbari means, continuous fire. Given that was Sinclair's catch phase, I am sure he added it to the Minbari language when he became Valen, when he time traveled back a thousand years ago, in this reality. Still, I am gambling the security officials will mistake me for a ranger talking to them. And my comment will trick them into pulling out their big guns. By shutting off the cellphone, I heighten their concern for our wellbeing.'

Then, Lee saw something else happen in the distance.

'Looks like it worked.' Lee thought, as he began laughing.

Matthew saw the same things that Lee did, as he asked, “Are those what I think they are?”

Lee smirked, as he replied, “Oh yea, babe. Get ready for some fun. Bwahahahahahaha!”

Suddenly, the back left driver's side tire exploded, causing the car to spin forward in a counterclockwise rotation, due to the right back tire still gripping the road.

Lee quickly turned his steering wheel partly turned to his left, into the turn, while he applied the gas, as he gaining control of the car's spin, to make it continue to going towards the gate. With the blown out left back wheel partly acting as a pivot for the spinning.

While doing so, Lee continued laughing like a madman, Matthew started to scream like a little girl.

Lee thought, 'I am so happy I spent some time in that time loop learning how to control spinning cars. Now, to increase me fun.'

On the second turn around to face Roberta, Lee decide to do something, while he gloated.

(_)

Ten seconds ago, in the driver's seat of the semi, Roberta was smiling. She watched at the began to car spin out, and her truck was getting closer and closer to her target.

Roberta thought, 'All I need is his brain intact.'

Roberta focused on the car, as she was sixty meters from the car. Then, forty meters from the car.

But, when she reached twenty-five meters, she noticed that Lee was laughing.

And then on second turn, when Lee faced her, he smirked, as he was looking right at her, while using his left hand to give her the middle finger.

Through the windshield, Roberta also heard Lee yell, “Roberta! You're fucked! Bwahahahaha!”

Roberta was more confused, than angry, by her targets insult against her.

Roberta then looked above the car, and towards the gate, and tall concrete fence.

On the columns on the large outside wall concrete walls that line the complex in front of them, she saw gun turrets popped up and aim at her.

She immediately dropped her grin, as her eyes widen, and her pupils contracted in fear.

She swiftly opened the driver's side door, as she jumped to the dirt ground, on the left side of the road, just in time to avoiding thousands of rounds of fire from the gun turrets.

The rounds were not PPG plasma rounds, but armor piecing rail-cannon spikes that fired over the white car, and shredded the semi, and quickly caused the vehicle to explode.

Right after the truck exploded, the container behind it rolled onto it side and skidded to a stop, it blocked both lands of traffic. As it Roberta, and came to a stop, nearer to the gate. Though, it the container was more on the right of the road, than the left side. With the container knocking done a one of the street lights, set every fifty feet, on the right side of the road.

And given the way the contain set, with the left lane not being completely blocked, this allowed Roberta a field of view, of her target, and the open gate.

A second later, the firing stopped, and Roberta got to her knees, as she watched as her prey escape her grasp, by his car spinning passed the gate.

A few seconds later, as the gate closed behind her target, Roberta howled in fury, “LEEEEEEEEE!”

Roberta then started to take deep breaths, as she started to force herself to calm down. She thought, with annoyance, and rage, 'Being angry right now will not help me, for the moment. And I partly regret finally seeing this series, that this reality is about. Because I now know who Michael Garibaldi, what the fortress in front of me is, and that Garibaldi controls it. And what I do not know about this location, is worse. I do not know what traps and resources Garibaldi has waiting for intruders...'

'As such, I cannot follow Lee inside. And it will take some well thought out planning to make it inside and reach Lee. So, I will have to escape, and find Rock. I will let her come up with a plan to capture Lee. She is good at planning. She already caught Lee once, at the factory. She can do so again.'

Roberta then looked around, as she continued her thoughts, 'But, first, I need transportation.'

Roberta then saw something in the distance, to her left, opposite to the road beside her. She smiled, as she thought, 'They will do. And I vaguely recall this situation.'

She then quickly escaped, be crawling, to avoid being shot by turrets, as she headed for those she saw in the distance. So, she could get a ride, the meet up with the rest of the Rock and Revy's group. And they could then figure out how to get Lee out of the fortress he had made it into.

(_)

At that exact moment, Lee and Matthew spun forward into the inside courtyard of the Edgars Industries Complex.

They came to a stop, as their car slammed into a large water fountain, in the center of the clearing.

The side that was slammed was Matthew's side. But, their car has lost so much momentum that neither of the two men were harmed, even without their seatbelts on.

Lee noticed that the gates had closed behind them, and the Bloodhound was nowhere in sight.

Lee's laugh had become a light chuckle, as he happily thought, 'I beat Roberta. I beat the Bloodhound. I beat the most dangerous badass I know of in the entire multiverse. I rock!... Boss level completed. My reward. I get to live free for another day. And that is all I want, for right now.'

'Still, I wonder if Matthew is alright.'

Lee then turned to Matthew, as he noticed that Matthew was still screaming.

Lee casually thought, 'If he is screaming that loudly, and clearly, he will be fine.'

Lee used his right hand to tap Matthew lightly on Matthew's left shoulder.

This got Matthew's attention, as he stopped screaming, and he looked over at his client from hell.

Lee smiled, as he calmly said, “Relax. It is over. We are safe now. For the time being.”

Suddenly, several dozen Edgars security guards, in their uniforms, ran out into the courtyard and surround the white car Lee and Matthew were in.

They all had their ppg pistols drawn, and pointed at Lee, as the two men in the car look at the guards.

Lee and Matthew turned to the security force, as Lee casually said to them, “Hi guys. Nice to meet you. I want to let you know that Mister McCormick, here, has been a wonderful legal representative. Whom has offered good, sound advice, in my time of need.” Lee turned to look at Matthew, as he continued, “And I hope retain his legal services in the future.”

Matthew turned back, to look at Lee, as he flatly stated, “Dream on! I am getting out of here before they come back. I hear that Centauri Prime is nice this time of year.”

Lee then noticed he was starting to come off his several hours long adrenal high. He felt that he was fading fast into unconsciousness.

Lee commented, in a disappointed tone of voice, “Anyway, it was good to meet you, Matthew...” He turned to the security forces, as he continued, in the same disappointed tone of voice, “And you all, as well. But, unfortunately the cancer is really kicking my ass right now, so I am going to take a nap.”

Lee then passed out.

Matthew looked at the guards, as he demanded, “Somebody help me out of this deathtrap, and away from this lunatic. I am going to the boss right now, or I am going to scream again.”

A few seconds later, one of the guards checked to see that Lee was actually asleep. The guard that did so gave the others the all clear signal. And they put away their pistols. Next, they began to help both Matthew, and an unconscious Lee, out of the totaled white car.

(_)

A few minutes later, on a nearby hilltop, outside the gate, that Lee and Matthew had just come in, and that had closed behind them. And away from the Edgars Industries Complex. Four women of the past, dressed in casual clothing, had just finished watching the last part of the chase that had play out, with their binoculars.

The Hell Sabers of the past then lowered their binoculars, as they looked at each other.

Past Revy was dressed in a red leather outfit, with black boots. Past Shenhua has her usual clothing of white coat and red qipao. Past Sawyer was in a purple a black goth dress outfit. And Part Roberta was wearing blue jeans, and a white t-shirt.

By them were three motoslaves in motorcycle vehicle mode, and Past Arcee in her motorcycle alt mode.

Past Revy turned to Past Roberta, as she commented, “Your future self looked pissed. And you look, or will look nicer, and more human again, when your upgrade your cybernetics.”

Past Roberta said, “Thank you. I wonder why I am so angry?”

Past Sawyer spoke up, with her electrolarynx choker around her neck, “You are only that angry when you are seeking revenge. Therefore, it is best not to find out. You risk creating a paradox, while denying your future self her rightful vengeance.”

Past Shenhua agreed, “Sawyer is right. Have patience. You will clearly learn all the whys and hows in the fullness of time.”

Past Arcee, in motorcycle alt mod, said, “Listen to them, Roberta. Besides, we have a job to do. Three down. One to go.”

Past Roberta replied, “Alright.”

Past Sawyer then realized the numbers did not add up. She inquired, “Three?”

Past Revy explained, “Arcee had to find and get Marcus Cole from cryo. That is why we are late getting mister money bags here. And with a fortress like that, we are going to have to plan on how to get him.”

Past Sawyer then remembered their report. She shrugged, as she replied, “Sorry. Slipped my mind.”

Past Shenhua said, “Don't worry. It happens.” She then noticed that Past Revy had spaced out a little bit. She teased her redheaded friend, “I bet, I know what you are thinking about?”

Past Revy looked over at black haired friend, as she admitted, “Yea. I am thinking about Rock. We gave Rock and the others that vat a week ago. I am happy that Chang is giving us this mission to take my mind off of my problems. I wonder what Rock is going to look like when she comes out as a woman? Will she look like she did in the Boys and Girls omake? Like Dutch and Benny. Will her breasts be as large as her counterpart?”

Past Sawyer commented, “I won't worry so much about that. It is any personality changes that occur for her, that you should be concern with. Which from what I understand, are minor?”

Past Revy responded, “Yep. The only changes are making her comfortable in her new gender, and becoming bi-sexual. Both are pluses in my book. It lets us continue our relationship after we capture her, and do so more minor loyalty brainwashing. And girls, I will be honest with you, I was bi long before I met Rock. I have been openly looking at nude magazines of women around Rock, Dutch, Benny, and Janet for years. They would have to be blind not to figure out that I was already bi.”

Past Sawyer giggled. She then said, “Speaking of the Boys and Girl omake. That short animation showed more than just what the guys would look like as girls. It showed what some of us girls would look like as guys. And I finally worked up the nerve to ask. Girls, which do you find to be hotter as a guy. Balalaika? Or, Roberta here?”

Past Roberta when slack jawed, in response to Past Sawyer's comment.

The others laughed as Past Roberta's expression, as Past Roberta quickly composed herself.

Past Revy giggled a little more, as she commented, “Now, that is a dangerous question.”

Past Shenhua said, “Roberta. Now, don't take this to mean there is anything between us. But, I don't care for rough features that the male Balalaika had.” She turned to Past Roberta, as she stated, “And so I found your male form to be hotter.”

Past Roberta turned to Past Shenhua, as she replied, “Don't worry about it. Personally, I find Balalaika’s male counterpart to have a charm to him.”

Past Sawyer admitted, “I have never been very picky on that sort of issue.”

Past Roberta inquired, “What about Eda? Her male counterpart was not that bad looking.”

Past Revy reminded Roberta, “Her male counterpart looks too much like that Russell, whom organized that whole freakshow circus attack on me, Rock, Janet, and ironically Eda, during the time Janet first came to town. Eda even ironically ended up being the one that killed Russell.”

Past Sawyer agreed, “Yea. Russell was a real jackass. And we never actually got fully paid for that job afterward. And those medical bills were expensive.”

Past Shenhua shrugged, as she commented, “At least, Lotton helped with our medical expenses, and he got us to some doctors, in the first place.”

Past Revy commented, “While I have seen our anime, and read our manga, I didn't know that. So, he saved your lives, and he helped with medical bills. No wonder you kept him around.”

Past Shenhua smiled, as she replied, “Yes.”

Past Sawyer smiled, as she said, “Of course.”

Past Shenhua stated, “He has his uses. Just not as a fighter. So Revy, how about you? Our fearless leader? Which do you find hotter?”

The Past Sawyer and Past Roberta also turned to face Past Revy, as they waited for her answer.

Past Revy leered towards her friends, as she joked, “Get me drunk enough, and I might answer that question.”

Past Sawyer, Past Shenhua, and Past Roberta just laughed at Past Revy's joke.

Past Arcee listened to all this, as she thought, 'I don't know whether to be happy that I don't have to deal such intimate relationship. Or, envious that I cannot... Then again, maybe I can, with my shutdown extra parts in my lower abdomen. I will look into that, when things finally settle down. I have no reason to be in a rush.'

Past Sawyer then noticed that Future Roberta has been crawling towards them.

Future Roberta soon reached the base of the hill. She then stood up, dusted the dirt off her clothing, and she started walking the rest of the way to the Hell Sabers.

Past Sawyer continued to look at Future Roberta, as she stated, “Heads up girls. Past Roberta from the future it coming towards us.”

The women present, turned their attention to Future Roberta, as well.

A few seconds later, Future Roberta reached them.

For a few seconds, there was silence, as Future Roberta looked extremely angry, and the Hell Sabers remained silent, so as to not risk her fury. She then suddenly deflated, as she greeted them, in a casual tone of voice, in english, “Hi girls.”

Past Revy said, “Hi Roberta. Nice to see you looking as healthy as ever in the future.”

Future Roberta replied, “Thank you.”

Past Roberta walked up to her future counterpart.

Next, the Roberta of the future and Roberta from the past looked at each other for a few seconds.

They both then said, in unison, “This is weird.”

Future Roberta added, “This is my second time doing this. And it is even weirder for me.”

Past Roberta commented, “I see that we upgraded our cybernetics to look more human.”

Future Roberta took her left, white glove off. And she used her human looking artificial looking left hand, to rub the skin around her human looking artificial right eye, or her face.

Future Roberta stated, “These are pure aesthetic changes. A combination of BGC and Star Wars medical technology. We can still do all the all the same things we did with the old cybernetics. Actually, these are better, now that I have a sense of touch with our artificial parts. It is nice being able to feel all the my fingers and toes, now. Both original and artificial. And there is no pain involved in normal sensations, except when I injury myself. Still, the reason for the change is that after I returned to the master, I found my robotic looking parts did not fit the motif of the Lovelace house.”

Future Roberta then put her left, white glove back on her left hand. And she dropped her hands to her sides.

Past Roberta shrugged, as she agreed, “No argument there.”

Arcee said, “I have a question for you, Future Roberta.”

Future Roberta turned to Arcee, as she said, “Go ahead.”

Past Arcee questioned, “Considering we, including our Roberta, just watched those turrets kick your ass, why didn't you remember those turrets were there?”

Future Roberta sheepishly admitted, “Because I got caught in the heat of the moment, and I forgot.”

Past Arcee replied, in a sympathetic tone of voice, “It happens.”

Past Sawyer commented, in a comforting tone of voice, “Sorry you didn't catch you prey.”

Future Roberta turned and look at the fortress, in the distance. She coldly said, “There will be other opportunities.” She then turned back to her friends of the past.

Past Roberta commented, “Though, I did not hear what you screamed, after you escaped the truck. I have never seen myself as furious as you were a few moments ago... Except when the young master is harmed in some way. Or, when the old master was murdered.”

Future Roberta turned to her past counterpart, as she cryptically answered, “My target has harmed the young master in a way we could not have foreseen, nor prevent. But, do not let it trouble you. The young master is still happy and healthy.”

Past Roberta inquired, “So, you do not want to give me the name of those loathsome scum that has harmed our household?”

Future Robert coyly responded, “As much as I would prefer to answer you. I cannot.”

Past Arcee spoke up, in a concerned tone of voice, “Roberta... Our Roberta... Listen to your older, wiser self. She clearly has the situation handled. We do not want to create a paradox.”

Past Roberta looked around and saw her future self, along with Revy, Shenhua, and Sawyer nodding in agreement with Arcee.

Past Roberta muttered, “All things in the fullness of time.”

Past Revy asked, “So, what brings you here, Roberta?”

Future Roberta had an embarrassing expression on her face, as she sheepishly admitted, “I left my reality device at my hotel room, and I need a lift.”

In response, all five of the Hell Sabers giggled, for a few seconds.

As they calmed down, Past Roberta then said, “I will take you to your hotel.”

Future Roberta commented, “I remember that too. But, none the less, thank you. Still, you are going to have to just drop me off. You cannot stay.”

Past Roberta casually responded, “No problem. If I cannot trust myself, who can I trust?”

Both Robertas giggled at little.

Past Roberta then turned, and walked over to her motoslave, in motorcycle mode. She got onto her motoslave. She put on her helmet, which was laying on the seat of her motorcycle. She let her long purple hair running down the back of her helmet. When she was ready, she started the engine.

Just as Future Roberta was able to walk over to Past Roberta's motorcycle, Past Revy requested, “Wait Roberta.”

Future Roberta stopped, and turned to Past Revy.

Past Revy walked over to Past Arcee. She picked up her helmet, off the seat. She turned to Future Roberta, as she stated, “Here. You will need this.” She then tossed Future Roberta, her helmet.

Future Roberta caught the helmet. As she looked over at Past Revy, she responded, in a kind tone of voice, “Thank you. And I remember my past self, here, returning it to you, after I dropped myself off.”

Past Revy replied, “No problem.”

Future Robert than turned, and walked to the motoslave that Past Roberta was on.

As Future Roberta sat behind Past Roberta, she turned to Sawyer. Future Roberta answered, “To answer your question, Sawyer. Which I overheard, as I came here. In such a situation, I found Revy as a guy, in real life, to be the most attractive of us girls.”

Past Revy heard future Future Roberta's comment. Revy inquired, with surprise in her tone of voice, “I get turned into a guy in the future?”

Future Roberta smirked towards Revy, as she coyly stated, “Only for a little while. And only because you wanted too. In the future, you made no secret to your close friends, that when is comes to the ass, you prefer to be the pitcher, than the receiver.” She then put on Past Revy's helmet, with her long purple hair running down her back.

Past Arcee, Past Roberta, Past Shenhua, and Past Sawyer giggled, as Past Revy was left speechless.

Future Roberta then turned the front of the motorcycle, as she let a genuinely non-crazy laugh, while Past Roberta drove her away, and down the highway, on her motoslave.

While riding behind her counter, down the hill, she placed her arms around the front of Past Roberta waist, while keeping Past Roberta's long hair between their bodies, to keep it from waving in Future Roberta's face.

As Future Roberta's arms brushed up against the bottom of Past Roberta's large breasts, Past Roberta said, in a joking manner, into the encrypted intercom system that links all the Hell Sabers' helmets, in spanish, “Careful. Those are still real.”

Future Roberta replied, in a humor tone of voice, into her helmet's microphone, in spanish, “I know. And they still are, when I have them. Also, from this point of view, I am starting to appreciate how big they are. And I even remember myself tell you this, when I was in your position.”

As they made it down the hill, and road through the open field, towards the highways, Past Roberta smiled under her helmet, as she commented, “Oh, this is going to be a fun ride for the two of us.”

Future Roberta agreed, “Yes. I remember that it was.”

Past Roberta inquired, “Good. So, where are we heading to?”

Future Roberta answered, “We are heading for the Black Sheep Inn. It is about twenty minutes away. And I will give you directions. Though, we might want to try to avoid the police, considering I just killed a whole lot of them.”

Past Roberta commented, “I will do my best to avoid the police. And though, I am sure you had a good reason in doing so, our long purple hair, and your maids uniform, are going to stand out. So, I have to ask, are we going to get stopped by the police.”

Future Roberta said “No. I don't remember that happening. We will just stick to the back roads and alleys, and we should be fine.”

Past Roberta agreed, “Good idea.”

Future Roberta then directed her past self towards the hotel, the Black Sheep Hotel. Where she was staying at, with the rest of her friends, from her point in time.

(_)

From the hilltop, in the open field, the other Hell Sabers watched, as the Robertas left in the distance, and down the field, until the reached the highway, and soon disappeared.

Past Sawyer commented, “With Future Roberta here, it is likely our counterpart, and our friends counterparts are here, as well. And after whomever this Roberta is after. And with her prey in that fortress, where our target is... This could cause problems. We could easily create a paradox.”

Past Arcee stated, “The chances of that being the case are very high.”

Past Shenhua agreed, “Sawyer and Arcee both have a point, Revy.”

Past Revy stated, “Don't worry. I have a few ideas. I will tell state them when our Roberta gets back. Though, the situation just means we will not be going after our target, personally.”

Past Sawyer inquired, “How much damage are we talking about?”

Past Arcee said, “That is a good question.”

Past Revy answered, “Just the main building of that fortress. Or, which ever building the target is in. At least we are sure that the target has not left that area, yet.”

Past Arcee commented, “My sensors would have detected the target, if he left the area. Instead, he is high up, on the main tower of the building.”

Past Revy calmly stated, “Good. Anyway, I don't want to wreck these domes and hurt the people here... Except for those whom foolishly get in our way. And I have a feeling that my future self would not lose much sleep over myself accidentally killing whomever that Roberta is after. As long as she and I knew we were responsible for said death.”

Past Shenhua complimented, “That is a very mature attitude to take, Revy.”

Past Revy smiled, as she replied, “Thank you. And this way we can still capture our target, alive, and breathing. A win-win for us.”

Past Sawyer cracked a smile, as she commented, “I agree. This sounds like a lot of fun.”

Past Revy said, “Girls, I am sure you agree.” Her lips curled into a wicked grin, as she continued, “Caught when we are through. We will have rocked the foundations off that fortress our target is hiding in.

The Hell Sabers then patiently waiting for their friend's return. Fifty minutes later, their friend, Past Roberta, to return. After Past Roberta had returned, they teleport away, to their hideout, in the dome, where Past Revy would give them her plan. A plan the others found that they liked.

(_)

Around forty-five minutes before Lee made it into Edgars Industries Complex, inside the Black Sheep Inn, another group women were having a friendly meeting, over some drinks.

Black Sheep Inn was located in a downtown area of Mars Dome One. The establishment was hotel and bar restaurant, with a medieval motif.

The hotel was huge, in depth and width, with the building being twenty-six stories high.

This was the meeting spot the Rock and Revy decided on for their friends. And the place for all of them were staying at, while they were on the Mars of the Babylon Five reality.

And it was one of the few nicer hotels in Mars Dome One that took gold as payment, without need of IDs. And the hotel staff knew better than to ask questions about their clients.

When the women and men of Rock and Revy's group returned to the inn. By teleporting their vehicles, from the factory complex, on the northern edge of town, to a nearby, empty, multilevel garage, whom security system they had hacked, and the camera system they had loops. Once their vehicles were properly parked, they went to the hotel, and then their hotel suites. Where they got cleaned up, showered, dressed, along with a few other things. Such, as Revy replacing the barrel on her damaged pistol, and fixing it to where it worked like new.

Since they did not want to stand out, they wore casual clothing, such as shirts and pants, and tennis shoes. Except for a few of the women in the group that wore skirts, and slippers. Even Balalaika, B, and Shenhua dressed casually.

After they were finished getting cleaned up, the eight teenage adult women had gone to their rooms to get some sleep. Or, at least that is what they told their parents. Though, there parents knew their children would not do anything to foolish.

The Bebop and Serenity crews headed elsewhere, together, after they told Rock and Revy they would be trying figure how to capture Lee on their own. But, they would keep Rock and Revy in the loop.

Rock and Revy commented that was fine.

The rest of Rock and Revy's group met at a large rectangular table, in the hotel bar.

Since they wanted to relax, and talk to each other, half of them didn't even have their radios on them. And the other half, has their radios turned off.

And while no one knew where the Knight Sabers were, Rock was sure she could peacefully contact the Knight Sabers, with their radios, concerning when they had found Lee. To include the Knight Sabers in their hunt, so they would not have any more problems, again, with the eight armor suited women.

Though, Rock wanted to wait until she had some leads on where Lee currently was at, before contacting them. Along, with Rock trying figuring out a peaceful ofter to the Knight Sabers, to prevent the mercenaries from betraying them, when they did all capture, Lee.

Given the lateness of the hour, besides Rock and Revy's group, the restaurant was empty. And the bartender was about to close the restaurant, but the women were able to convince him to stay open.

And so, only the Lagoon women, and their friends were having some drinks, as they talked with each other, in english, at a single, long, rectangular table, in the main room of the restaurant.

At the long rectangular table, as they talked, most of them were drinking bottles of beer, with a few exceptions. Such as Revy having some rum in a glass. Though, for the other women, such as Balalaika and B, they were having bottles of beer, with low alcohol content, though high quality in taste.

Also, as soon as the bartender brought them their orders, he immediately left the room. He instincts told him that should have nothing to do with the obviously strange, crazy, deranged looking women.

Though, the bartender did occasionally come back into the room, to act as their server, to refill their drinks, in the hopes of getting a decent tip, in gold, and their bar tab paid for, to warrant extending the hours to his establishment.

At one end of the table, Rock sat at the end of the table. Revy sat to left side. To her right side, Dutch sat, then Janet, then Benny.

Akira sat by Revy, followed by Natsuru, then Ranma.

To Benny's right was Eda and then Aeryn.

Across from Aeryn was Violin.

Balalaika sat at the other end of the table. B was to her left side. Beside B was Lotton. To Balalaika's right side was Sawyer. Beside Sawyer was Shenhua.

Beside Lotton was Violin. And beside Shenhua as Aeryn.

Currently, the women were trying to decide what to do next.

Rock sipped her bottle of high quality beer, as she mentally reflected, 'At least the Knight Sabers' leader, Sylia Stingray, was open to negotiation. Meaning, I could probably work out a deal with her group. And I am more than happy to have them help capture, Lee... Now, we just need to find him.'

As Rock set her bottle down in front of her, at the table, her attention was brought back to the conversation, when she heard Balalaika complain, “I cannot believe that fool would insult me like that. How could you live with him for so long without realizing that he is the writer?”

Lotton turned to Balalaika, as she answered for her group, “Lee is very good at hiding in plain sight. For Lee, it is all about reactions. He knew we were looking for him. He baited us. But, he also realized we would be looking for someone stressed out and terrified. I mean think about it. He knows who we are and what we are capable of. A sane man should have been completely scared out of his mind...”

“And were we wrong about the state of his sanity. The guy is as crazy as Roberta on a bad day. He is just polite about it. We should have realize that when Lee was insane, when he willing to played chicken with the car he was driving in, with us in it, while he had the headlights off, driving at high speed, down a dark road, at night.”

Balalaika turned to Rock, on the other side of the table. Rock noticed this, as she commented, “In our defense. We were drunk at the time, and he was our designated driver.”

Balalaika raised an eyebrow, as she calmly said, “You will have to tell us about that story some time.”

Lotton stated, “We will. And, by the way, he won that game of chicken. Still, instead of doing what we expected the writer to do in our presence, Lee did the opposite. He played dumb, while being easy going, and polite. But, he did not let us walk all over him. The poker player angle should have been a major tip off. He liked to have poker scenes in his stories. But, by learning poker, he taught himself how to literally display grace under fire, even in the most insane of situations.”

Revy stated, from across the table, “If River had not lied to us at the beginning, by giving us a false alibi for Lee, then we would have likely figured out it was him, very quickly. Still, why did River do that, in the first place?”

B stated, “Why does River do anything? Sometimes, she can be crazier than you, Revy. I know her. Trying to understand her, or him, is not possible.”

Revy looked over at B. She shrugged, as she conceded, “Perhaps.”

Lotton agreed, “No argument there. River was the one that forced Chang into dating her. And she knew what Chang had done beforehand, and those were clearly the reasons she was interested in him. Those are not the actions of a rational mind. Still, back to Lee. Lee also knew us well enough to know which buttons to push to get us to dance to his tone. He can even do this with a single word, or a simile.”

Janet pointed out, “The man used a simple smile to throw us off his trail when we cornered him, by Eda and Yolanda's food truck.”

Balalaika asked, “And how did he do that?”

Eda stated, “That will take some explaining by me. Yolanda and I set up a burger van to try to trap the writer. We did not know Lee was the writer. And well, the weeks dragged on, and Lee was always so polite...”

Dutch spoke up, “She slept with him.”

Balalaika shook her head, as she deadpanned, “Why am I not surprised?”

Eda defended, “It was only a one night stand.”

Janet spoke up, “Still, weeks later, when Benny, Janet, and I, came to town, Lee used that one night stand to throw us off. At the time, we figured that anyone that knew Eda's history would not be crazy enough to sleep with her.” Her voice turned flat, as she continued, “We were wrong.”

Lotton stated, “That was not the only time he pulled something like that on us. I asked Lee about who his favorite author was. He answered with the author, H.P. Lovecraft. And yes, I asked him some questions, he is a fan of that man's works.”

Balalaika noticed that Dutch, Benny, Janet, Rock, Violin, Akira, and Natsuru, all paled a little, at Lotton's comment.

Benny slowly said, “Lee is a fan of H. P. Lovecraft. The man that created cosmic horror fiction. The type of monsters that if a person even sees the very sight drives the witness insane. And he played with our lives. I hope none of his inspirations for what he did to us came from Lovecraft, or we could have ended up a whole lot worse than we are.”

Lotton quickly reassured them, “I triple checked Lee's stories. There is only one mention of such a monster in his stories. The mention is in passing. And that monster is, Unicron. And there is only one of him in the entire multiverse. And he sticks to the Transformers realities. So, we are fine there. Also, after I captured Lee, at the factory, he confirmed that he did not use Lovecraft's material in his stories. So, relax.”

Balalaika noticed the members of their group that had panicked were starting to calm down.

Balalaika thought, 'I wonder what else they talked about.' She asked, “So, you talked to Lee, while you lead him to the rest of us?”

Lotton looked over at Balalaika, as she casually answered, “Yes. We talked about a few things.” Lotton then shrugged, as she continued, “And we agreed on a number of them.”

Balalaika inquired, “Such as?”

Lotton commented, “Well, for starters. Lee stated that his alias was Ello Gray, with Gray using an, a. The alias is an anagram of the word, allegory. And allegory can mean, symbolism.”

Violin questioned, “Like what Lee did with Scorpius' name at the beginning of book four of his stories?”

Lotton responded, “Exactly. He even referenced that. His own work.”

Janet commented, “That was arrogant of him.”

Lotton said, “Perhaps.”

Benny asked, “Symbolism for what?”

Eda answered, “The name, and the play on the letters of the name, is the symbolism. First, and foremost, Lee is a writer. He would love to create a useable alias, and let that name, itself, be the symbolism for his actions.”

Janet stated, “Now, that is a mind screw.”

Eda shrugged, as she commented, “Yes. He seems to love mind screwing more than actually screwing.”

Janet casually said, “Everyone has their little kinks.” She mentally reflected, 'I am not going to judge him on this, considering he let my little kinks slide.'

The other member of the Lagoon family giggled a little at Janet's comment, and the private joke that went with it.

Dutch then stated, “Quiet true.” She turned to Lotton, as she inquired, “So Lotton, what else did you two talk about?”

Lotton answered, “Well, we also agreed that a pregnant woman should never been given a weapon, while in labor. Especially, a fully automatic weapon, while said woman is enduring labor.”

Aeryn turned to Lotton, as she flatly accused, “You are talking about me? Aren't you?”

There was some light giggling from the other women at the table.

Lotton looked over at Aeryn, as she admitted, “Yes. Though, we both agreed that you pulled off that awkward situation, very well.”

Aeryn conceded, “It is nice that both of your saw reason, concerning that matter.”

Lotton replied, “I assure you. We did.”

Dutch questioned, “What else did you to talk about?”

Lotton looked over at Dutch, as she stated, “Well Dutch, Lee admitted that he does deserve an ass-kicking for what he did to us. But, given how some of us don't know the meaning the word, restraint, he does not intend surrender to us. Because, he would like to still have his ass afterward.”

There was a some mild laughter from a few of the women at the table.

Rock commented, “I guess that is progress. And I will keep that in mind, the next time we chat with him.”

Janet looked over at Revy. She smirked, as she asked, “I wonder which one of us he was talking about?”

Revy looked over at Janet, as she lightly growled at the blond woman.

Janet quickly looked over at the women on the far side of the table, from Revy.

Aeryn commented, “Well, at least he agrees he needs to be punished for his crimes. And it is fortunate that very little Lee has done had been fear inducing. I see from the, Lovecraft, reactions, that Lee also has a talent for causing fear. And I will say that I have read Lovecraft's works, and your fear is well warranted.”

Violin looked over at her spouse. She then looked around the room, as she said, “I will admit. Showing my wife those stories was not one of my more intelligent decisions. What worries me is that she enjoyed those stories.” She then looked back at Aeryn.

Aeryn looked over at Violin, as she stated, “I was just impressed with Lovecraft's works. Given the level of technology humanity had at that time, I was surprised how imaginative his stories were, when it came to aliens, and other beings from beyond Earth. That man was truly someone ahead of his time.”

Lotton commented, “That being said, it is good that Lee also has a sense of humor.”

Aeryn calmly agreed, “True. It is good that Lee also has a talent for humor. Such as the time he sent a one word message to keep us, at the Devil's Hotel. That was hilarious.”

B asked, “What was the word?”

Rock blushed, as she answered, “Tex-Mex.”

Balalaika asked, “Who, or what is, Tex-Mex?”

Shenhua answered, “I am not sure you want to know. But, we will tell you. Tex-Mex is an alias of the person that created the Black Lagoon series. And that is the alias he uses to draw porn. And yes, he drew some of us in that way, as well.”

Akira spoke up, “Good porn. I might add.”

B started laughing.

Balalaika thought, with a mild sense of melancholy, 'My life gets more insane with each passing moment.'

Shenhua mentioned, “Tex-Mex even listed our breast sizes, for those of us that were originally women. If it makes you feel better Balalaika, you have the third largest pair of breasts here. Janet is number one. And Roberta is number two on the list.”

Balalaika casually stated, “That is nice to know.”

Eda looked over at Revy, as she said, “Lee mentioned something to me, Revy. He said that I am two cup sizes bigger than you. Is that true?”

Revy turned to Eda, as she growled, “Yea. Though, I don't feel like testing that theory. But, it also means, for him telling you about such things, that I am going to make Lee scream louder in pain, than I had already planned.”

Eda teased, “Come on, Revy. You are not that bad looking. I just happen to have it more in the chest department.”

Revy warned, “Don't push it, Eda.”

Eda thought, 'Lee is probably right. A black Irish joke concerning Revy might getting me killed by her. I think I will stay quiet for the moment.'

A thought occurred to Benny, as she commented, “Wait a minute. When we were pregnant, I know we all went up a cup size, except for Janet. I know. We measured ourselves, a few months after we had the kids. When we found our normal bras did not fit. That includes you, Revy. So, you are only one cup size smaller than Eda.”

Benny's comment made Revy feel slightly better. Revy shrugged, as she conceded, “I guess you are right. And that does make me feel a little better.”

Janet heard their comments, as she though, 'I am glad Revy feels better, and that my husband mentioned that. Also, I believe it is best that I do not gloat on this matter... Wait a minute... Is that what Akira meant?' She turned to Akira, as she said, “So Akira. All those years ago. When I first returned to Roanapur. Right before that Roanapur bikini contest. When you said I had the largest rack on the island. This is where you got your information from?”

Akira turned Janet. She gave her a leering smile, as she stated, “Yes. Though, I did not mention the rest because it would be to awkward a conversation.”

Janet, replied, “Perhaps, it is for the best.” She thought, 'Still, why didn't Revy and Rock tell us about this?' She looked over at Dutch and Benny, as she mentally wondered, 'And from the looks on their faces, they are wondering about that same question.'

Janet then joined Dutch and Benny, as they turned towards Revy and Rock, as they confronted their two friends on the matter.

Dutch asked, “Why didn't you tell us?”

Revy casually answered, “We didn't want you to do something stupid, like we caught Rock doing.”

Revy instantly realized she had just spilled the beans on that secret, as her eyes widened and she place a her both her hands over her mouth.

Benny, Dutch, and Janet looked over at Rock, as everyone at the table knew that it did not take a genius to figure out what Rock had done, considering Rock was already blushing. And Rock's face had suddenly turned a deeper shade of red.

While Benny, Dutch, and Janet started laughing, Janet said, between laughs, “And you had the gall to make fun of my tastes, when you caught me doing the same thing on the internet, back at the island.”

Rock sheepishly defended, “They were really good, and tasteful pictures.”

This caused her friends to laugh even harder.

Everyone else had also heard both Revy and Rock's comments, as they joined in on the laughter.

As the laughter went on, Violin teased, “Rock, you dirty, dirty girl.”

A few minutes later, everyone calmed down and the conversation continued.

Dutch realized something that Eda has said. She turned to Eda, as she asked, “You actually talked to, Lee? At the factory?”

Eda looked over at Dutch, as she admitted, “Yes. I did speak to Lee, as well.”

Dutch inquired, “And you didn't capture him?”

Eda shrugged, as she responded, “I did not feel like fighting someone that can dodge bullets, and play us for chumps. And I got some answers from him, on some interesting questions I had.”

Janet asked, “Anything useful.”

Eda answered, “Not for this situation. But, I did let slip that we know about the time loop.”

Shenhua thought, 'So, did I. But, I am not going to say anything about it.'

Sawyer overheard Eda as well, as she mentally reflected, 'At least, I don't have to bring that issue up.'

Ranma stated, “Well, that is just going to make him run even harder.”

Revy commented, “That is kind of obvious.”

Eda said, “Let's be honest. I don't think he can run harder than he already has.”

Janet shrugged, as she conceded, “You may have a point there. So, how did he take the news that we knew what he did during the time loop?”

Eda said, “He didn't panic. And he took the news well.”

Janet replied, “That is nice.”

Eda mentioned, “I think someone told him, beforehand. And I don't think it was at factory. Because, from his reaction towards me, he clearly had time to digest the information.”

Benny commented, “Interesting.”

Revy said, “It really doesn't matter. All that means is he now knows how much deeper in shit he is in with us.”

Eda said, “It is not that deep.”

Revy countered, “Deep enough.”

Balalaika spoke up, as she stated, “While both Rock and Lee's indiscretions are interesting. B and I have more important matters to inform you of.”

Balalaika and B then looked at each other, as B used her right hand, and Balalaika used her left hand, to hold hands together.

Balalaika stated, “B and I have an announcement to make. We are both two and a half months pregnant.”

Both of them let go of their hands, and used their pairs of hands to pulled up the front of their own shirts, to show, everyone, that they both had a small, but noticeable bump on their otherwise flat stomachs.

There was dead silence for three solid seconds, as every looked at the two lovers.

Then, those originally of the Lagoon reality, happily said together, almost in unison, “Congratulations!”

As B and Balalaika tucked their shirts back and sat back down, they said, almost in unison, “Thank you.”

Aeryn turned to Violin, as she said, “You know, we have been talking about having another child.”

Violin turned to Aeryn. She smiled at her wife, as she offered, in a casual manner, “Honey, you had the first child. Anytime you want to get some instant man packets, I would be more than happy to spread my legs, and let you put a baby in me. Though, I do hope I stay pregnant long enough to enjoy it. To feel the baby move around within me. Sebacean pregnancies are so quick.”

Aeryn grinned, as she agreed, “You are correct on that.”

Meanwhile, Lotton, Shenhua, and Sawyer looked at each other.

Lotton silently mouthed the words, “Yes, or no?”

Shenhua and Sawyer grinned as they both nodded. Lotton returned their grins.

Janet looked at Balalaika and B, as she asked, “So, did you use the same trick we did to get pregnant?”

Balalaika smirked, as she casually responded, “Please... Do you also think I lack imagination? Like Lee mistakenly believes... No. What we did was simpler, much more neater, and organized... Much more... Russian. We used some of those man packets, and we went a few weeks into the future, and impregnated each others future self.”

Janet complimented, “Simple and inventive. Talk about doubling you pleasure, and doubling your fun.”

B leered towards Balalaika, as she commented, “Yes. The best part was that we were both able to enjoy that event from two different points of view, and genders. And as man, Balalaika can be a very gentle lover.”

Balalaika turned to B, as she blushed, in response to her lover's comment.

Natsuru turned to Balalaika and B, as she said, “I think you will find the experience of being pregnant together, to be enjoyable. We did. Except for the births.”

Balalaika let the scar on the right side of her face shine in the ceiling lights above then, as she commented, “I am no stranger to pain. And neither is B.”

B smiled towards her friends.

Natsuru said, “I am sure you will both be fine...” She then looked over at the other side of the table, towards the Lagoon family, as she commented, “Still, as fun as that is to learn, such joyous news, I have a question about one of Lee's accomplices. Whatever happened to Police Chief Del Soto? I mean, I heard you mention to Lee that you did not kill him. So, what happened to him?”

Revy answered, “When we finally confronted Pedro, he was very forthcoming. Pedro told us everything he knew about, Lee. While he also provided us with some useful material, concerning Lee. So, we let him go. By now, he is likely back at his job in Plata Podrido.”

Akira said, “I am glad you were feeling merciful.”

Revy stated, “Well to be honest, the way Chang talked about Pedro made it sound like the guy was barely keeping the city in one piece, with his police force. And the fact Pedro did not go to pieces when he was inches from Roberta, in slasher smile mode, earned him points in my respect book. Speaking of which...”

Revy turned towards Balalaika, as she said, “Sis, you should stop by and visit Plata Podrido sometime. Chang is doing a good job of making it into another Roanapur. I think I might start vacationing there after we are finally done with, Lee. And I am sure I am not alone in my plans.”

Rock shrugged, as she commented, “Well, I don't have anything better to do.”

Dutch stated, “Neither do I.”

Eda said, “You two are not alone on this.”

Ranma teased, “I don't think that world could handle us, Revy.”

Revy countered, in a happy tone of voice, “Ah, come on now. Wouldn't that be wild? A Roanapur in a reality that has the Black Lagoon as a fictional series.”

Natsuru said, “You know. That is both scary, and interesting, all at once.”

Aeryn asked, “But, what happens when those in that town figure out who we really are?”

Revy smirked, as she commented, “That is when the real fun begins.”

Janet inquired, “Speaking of Chang. Lee confirmed what Chang told us. That Chang figured out Lee was the writer, on his own. And we know River knew. And so did the Police Chief. Do you know of anyone else in that Plata Podrido that might have already figured out who Lee was? And who we were?”

Rock asked, “The Rats Nest bartender might have known. In both case. By the way, did anyone of you catch her name?”

Revy said, “No.”

Most of those at the table shook of their heads, or shrugged their shoulders.

Rock commented, “That is odd. It is like she didn't want anyone to know her name.”

Violin stated, “River likely knows. She spent half her time there, as Sam. But, I doubt she would tell us.”

Revy commented, “Still, that place was almost as fun as the Yellowflag. Even the bartender wasn't even afraid me. And I am sure she realized I was dangerous.”

Ranma suggested, “Revy, I suggest you drop this line on inquiry. There is no more Yellowflag. Still, the Rats Nest is a nice bar. Though, if you did dig into that bartender's past, you risk getting thrown out in one of the few bars that lets you be their customer.”

Revy admitted, “You're right, Ranma. I will drop the subject.”

Rock thought about the Rats Nest bartender, 'Let's see. She doesn't take crap from, Revy. Hell, sometimes she looks like she hates Revy, when Revy is not looking at her. She is armed with a firearm, under her bar counter. A semi-automatic pistol. No one messes with her, even thought she is very sexy, slender woman of average height. There are some vague similarities between the Rats Nest and the Yellowflag. But, it is more of just a general feeling both establishments gave off. A friendly place that could be dangerous, if you let it.'

'And her looks. She is asian, but she speaks english with skill that comes from years of experience. She has black hair. She is twenty-something, and physical fit... Actually, I have never seen her sick... Just like us... And that black and white Ao Dai she wore at the dance... An Ao Dai is a Vietnamese dress... She's Bao!'

Rock then started laughing.

B leaned over towards Lotton, as she asked, “What is Rock laughing about?”

As Lotton looked at Rock, from across the table, she answered, “I think Rock just figured out who the bartender is.”

As Rock's laughing turned into small fits of giggling, Revy asked her, “Alright, spill. Who is the bartender?”

Rock forced down her giggles, while she still smirked. She turned to Revy, as she answered, “No. It is too juicy to spill.”

Dutch asked, “How juicy?”

Rock answered, “Think as juicy as when I figured out years, beforehand, when I saw Bob in his female form, whom had come back to the past, from years in the future, to see her past male self, and myself talk. And you all agreed, after the fact, that it was a good idea for me to keep that secret, because when I told you, everyone got such a huge laugh.”

Revy agreed, “Yea. That was worth waiting for. Keep your secret, Rock. I look forward to finding out, later.”

Rock smirked turned into a warm smile towards Revy, as she said, “Thank you. And let us just say that when everyone here find out, I believe many of us will become regulars there.”

Revy returned Rock's warm grin, as she responded, “Then, it's a date.”

Balalaika asked, “Speaking of which. Where would be a good place to get a drink in that city? When I dropped my kid out of me, I plan to get drunk in celebration of our children's births.”

B commented, “She won't be alone in getting drunk, during that celebration.”

Dutch teased, “Well, have fun. And I am sure you will have plenty of trusted babysitters, on hand, for you kids, when you do have that party.”

Balalaika and B chuckled a little at Dutch's comment.

B commented, “Fair enough.”

Revy stated, “There are two decent bars in that town. There is Rats Nest. Which really is similar to the Yellowflag bar. As I said, I don't know the bartender's name there, though. But, she is definitely tough, since she runs it by herself.”

“Then, there is the bar and restaurant in the Devil Hotel. They have karaoke singing almost every night. And an old man, named Melvin, is the main bartender there. But, that place is a little more upscale, and I found out the hard way that violence is not tolerated there. Not even for us.”

B requested, “Please explain.”

Revy said, “The first night we can to that town, and check into the hotel. We all went to the restaurant to get some dinner and we started for some drinks. Though, no one got hurt. I got so drunk I tried to shoot up the place.”

“Then, I was by the bar counter. And I turned by cutlass Melvin, from across the counter, from him. But, from across the counter, Melvin swiftly took my cutlasses. For doing that, I just over the bar counter, and I tried to attack him. And he handed me my ass, forcing me against the counter, while putting a night to my left eye. And finally, he threatened to have us thrown out of the hotel if what I did happened again. Though, he did return my cutlasses to me the next morning, after I sobered up. I honestly think the man just doesn't want violence in his bar.”

Sawyer smirked, as she commented, “Yes. He literally put Revy in her place.”

B complimented, “That is not bad.”

Balalaika said, with intrigue in her tone of voice, “Interesting. Not many people could take you, Revy. Even when you are drunk. Let alone survive the experience. I would like to know more about this Melvin.”

In response to Balalaika’s request, Akira, Ranma, Natsuru, became visibly uncomfortable.

Balalaika noticed them change of body language, from across the table. She turned to the three lovers, as she inquired, “Is there something you three would like to add about Melvin?”

Ranma, Natsuru, and Akira noticed that Balalaika's question was directed towards them.

Akira mentally cursed her current luck, 'I got to come up with a passable lie to save Melvin's manhood... Lee must have felt like this every second, of every day, back at the Devil's Hotel... Wait a minute. Lee likely knew about Melvin, and he still helped him. That was nice of him. I will just take a page from Lee's playbook. The simplest lie works the best. And a little truth at the end will help.'

Akira lied, in a casual manner, “We had a fling with him, one night. As far as he was concerned, we were three beautiful women. Why would he would object? He was nice in bed. And he was nice to us, afterward. So, we are just concern about his wellbeing. And the unwanted, potentially negative attention, which he does not deserve.”

Balalaika questioned, with skepticism in her tone of voice, “And why would you three do that? From what I understand, you three rarely invite others to join in on your nightly fun.”

Both Ranma and Natsuru has been paying attention to what Akira was trying to do, by providing cover for Melvin.

Ranma thought, 'I see where Akira is heading on this. Smart thinking. Now, to help with the lie.' Ranma added to the lie, “The fact the man is not afraid of anything. I find fearlessness like that to be very attractive.”

Akira thought, 'Good. Ranma picked up where I was heading.'

Revy stated, “He is brave. I will give him that.”

Natsuru thought, 'Now, to help these two conclude our lie.' Natsuru finished for her two loves, “And Melvin is really packing a lot, down south. If you know what I mean.”

There were a few giggles around the table.

Balalaika was not one of the women that giggled. She commented, with interest, and a hint of eagerness, in her tone of voice, “Oh, that just means I will have to meet with this, Melvin.”

Akira depressingly thought, 'Damn. I will try to warn Melvin, the next time I see him. We will figure something out for him, then. Of course, if Balalaika gets to him first, it will not be the end of the world for him. The three of us have been there... And being a woman is not that bad.'

Balalaika commented, “By the way, some of my... subordinates already visited Plata Podrido. While very brief. They said they enjoyed their stay there. And that, like Revy said, the city reminded them of Roanapur.”

Violin asked, “Why were they there?”

Balalaika casually said, “One of my members went AWOL.”

Revy cracked a grin, as she said, “Someone finally jumped ship from Hotel Moscow?... It was bound to have happened, eventually.”

Akira thought, 'I still might be about to help Melvin in another way.' She commented, “I didn't remember seeing any of your men at the hotel?”

Rock stated, “I do remember meeting some russian woman...” She then realized who russian women were, as she looked over at Balalaika. She inquired, in a stern tone of voice, “You didn't?”

B answered for her lover, “She did.”

Balalaika calmly said, “Old age can push people to do many things they would otherwise not consider. In exchange for a second chance at life.”

Eda stated, “So, you changed your men into women? Chang already did that years ago. Still, I would not have wanted to be at your base when that time of the month rolled around for your subordinates, for the first time, for all of them, at once.”

Balalaika had to decency to look away from Eda.

B responded, in a weak tone of voice, “It was not a pleasant event. Balalaika and I had the foresight to have them be disarmed a few days beforehand, when the first symptoms appeared. But, we all made it through. Still, after the changes were made to them, I finally revealed who I was to them. They took the news quiet well.”

Eda raised an eyebrow, as she looked over at B. She asked, “How well?”

B said, “Some of them laughed, on and off, for a week. The worst part was some of them still joke about my relationship with Balalaika, for a while. Which we allowed. But, nothing else came of it.”

Eda casually suggested, “You should have just told them up front.”

B firmly replied, “That we agree on.”

Rock said, “Well, I am happy to hear that everything worked out for your group.”

Benny inquired, “While I am sure everyone is find with your people, Balalaika. Let me guess, the guy your after refused your offer, and he ran?”

Balalaika said, “It was more like an order.”

Rock sadly commented, “I sometimes wonder if you know the difference.”

Balalaika sighed. She conceded, “You may have a point, Rock.”

Janet said, “I would hate to be that guy.”

Ranma thought, 'The best way to help Melvin is to figure out what her plans for him are? Though, that is kind of obvious. But, it is best to check. Given we have the opportunity, right now to so do.' She asked, “So, what are you planning to do when you catch this wayward member of yours?”

Balalaika smirked, as she stated, “Convince him to change his mind.”

Ranma questioned, “And what if he still says, no?”

Balalaika commented, “I doubt at that point, he will.”

In response, Ranma sighed, as she shook her head a few times.

Revy inquired, “So, was what you did to your men connected to why did you got pregnant, Balalaika? I don't know about B here, but you never struck me as the motherly type.”

Balalaika turned to Revy. She raised an eyebrow, as she retorted, “Look whose talking.”

Everyone else at the table erupted into roars of laughter.

As the laughter died down, Revy conceded, “Okay. You got me there, sis.”

Balalaika explained, “To answer your question. Yes. It is all due to my comrades. I came to realize as the years passed, that I just been going through the motions. This has been going on all the way back to before we even came to Roanapur. And I had unknowingly did a disservice to my subordinates, by dragging them with me.”

“They may have called me to join them, back in Russia. But, after I took back my position of authority, they became my responsibility. And I was the one that chose what would happen to us.”

“So, after the whole situation with Chang, and the fall of Chang's Tower, we continued our operations. We just became more mobile. The years passed, and I watched as my men grew older, while I stayed young.”

Balalaika turned to B, as she continued, “All them, except for B here, continued to follow me down the path I walked, without them really having much of a life for themselves. So, one day, I finally put my foot down and offered, or really, ordered them, to have a second chance at life. To have their youth restored, even as women, using those vats... Even though the Tower fell, I still had access to the technology and resources the Tower once provided.”

“And recreating those vats, chemicals, and technology, was not difficult, considering I had backups, software, chemical formulas, and plenty of wealth.”

Balalaika looked around the room, as she stated, “While, I was under Chang's control. Chang still paid us of Hotel Moscow, very well, in various treasures, for our services. That is why we did not hunt him, or her, at the time, after the Tower fell, and my mind was freed.”

Benny asked, “That is a good point. So, what brainwashing did you use our your men turned women?”

Balalaika answered, “I used the same basic programming that was used on Rock, B, and Chang. Just make they comfortable with their new gender, and allow them to keep their sexual tastes... Open.”

Lotton commented, “It is not that bad being a girl. Actually is it pretty good, barring monthly problems.”

Several of the women at the table, whom use to be men, and some of those that were originally women, shrugged, or nodded, in agreement.

Rock stated, “Balalaika, that was wise for you to only do that to their minds, and nothing else?”

Balalaika replied, “I trust my subordinates.”

Rock responded, “Good enough for me.” She turned to B, as she inquired, “And what about you, B? Why did you let yourself become pregnant? Were you pressured into it, like myself?”

B turned to Rock, as she calmly answered, “No. I did it for two reasons One, I helped Bob and Ed through their pregnancies, and it made me think about what it would be like to be pregnant. I am still surprised that Bob was mentally able to go back to living as a man a month after she gave birth. And he is now completely a she. With her only waiting that long to gender genders, to make sure her body at the time was going to be okay.”

“The other reason as to show the men... err women... Well, Balalaika is correct, subordinates, is a good term for this situation, and so is, comrades... Anyway, I wanted to show them that it was okay to be a mother. That they could still have families, and move on with their lives. As they say, lead by example.”

Shenhua complimented, “That is a good approach to take.”

B turned to Shenhua, as she replied, “Thank you, Shenhua.” She then looked around at her friends, as she responded, “And do not worry about the alcohol and smoking. I got her to quit smoking for good. And when it comes to drinking, except for the occasional beer for both of us. Like right now. We are not going to consume any serious amounts of alcohol, until after we give birth.”

Revy turned to Balalaika, as she teased, “What did B have to promise in bed, for you to do that?”

Balalaika turned to Revy. She gave Revy a mischievous grin, with a sense of wildness in her eyes, as she playfully stated, “Wouldn't you like to know.”

In response, Revy smiled, as she let out a laugh.

Shenhua joked, “Still, maybe the guy you are looking for is, Melvin. When he faced Revy, he used his combat knife with almost as much skill as I can with my knifes.”

Revy mentioned, “He also said that he was a veteran of an Afghanistan war.”

Akira thought, 'Oh crap. This is going off the rails.' She pointed out, “But, he said he was a veteran of the U.S.-Afghanistan war.”

B and Balalaika just looked at each other, as they smiled. They then turned to face the group, as Balalaika stated, with a hint of excitement in her voice, “We will most certainly be paying this man a visit.”

Akira thought, with worry, concern, and a sense of defeat, 'Oh no. They suspect that Melvin is the one they are looking for. And there is nothing we can do about it. And we cannot warn Melvin, because we will not cross Balalaika, and Hotel Moscow. Melvin is on his own.'

Dutch commented, “Well this has been a wonderful tour of our lives, but we still have the matter at hand. Finding Lee, and having our revenge against him.”

Janet stated, “The first step in doing so is trying to understand, Lee. That is how we caught up with him, here on Mars. And we almost had him.”

Sawyer countered, “Easier said than done. From what he said to us, during our group conversation in the factory, he clearly has a very different outlook on life than anyone at this table. River all but stated that.”

Aeryn commented, “Perhaps, Lee was faking his comments then. As a way to play with our heads?”

Revy looked around the table, as she commented, in a much calmer tone of voice, than she usually spoke with, “I doubt it.”

Everyone went quiet, as they turned to listen to Revy. Given she realize spoke in such a calm, well spoken manner.

Revy looked down, at the table, as she continued, in a sober tone of voice, “As someone that has been screwed over in life, one to many times. What Lee said in the factory had a ring of truth in it.”

Natsuru looked around the table, as she stated, “Revy may have a point. Given what Lee said, when he had his psychotic break, with Ranma, Akira, and I. What Lee said in the factory has the same vibe as what he said then, in the Devil's Hotel restaurant.”

Benny quietly said, “So, Lee really is insane. And not in a good way.”

Violin commented, “Yes. The guy is really screwed up in the head.”

Dutch stated, “After we are threw with him. We will find him some shrinks to help him. I am sure we can find a few good ones, to get his head straightened out. While I want revenge. When we are threw with Lee, I don't want him leave in a state of mind, where he will want to figuratively, or literally, haunt us.”

Revy looked up from the table, and towards her friends, as she said, in a more casual tone of voice, “That is a good point, Dutch. And he can join the club, on being crazy. We are still going to catch him, and have his ass for what he did to us.”

Janet stated, “Either way. It is clear. Given he likes to think several steps ahead. And he has the skills to implement those steps. To beat Lee, we have to out think him. We need to figure out how to out think him.”

Balalaika inquired, “I agree that the best way to beat Lee, is to figure out what makes him tick. So, did River read his mind? You did mention that River knew about Lee, and even helped him.”

Revy stated, “More than that. As you know, like Akira here, the crew of Serenity got a strange virus from Bob that allowed them the ability to switch genders with a sneeze. Along with extending their already long lifespans. This obviously included Chang.”

“Anyway, it seems that River was the first one to successfully track down Lee, before Lee baited us there.”

“I guess she used time travel to her advantage on that. Similar to what Eda here did, with Yolanda.”

Eda agreed, “That would be my guess, as well.”

Revy said, “Still, River clearly had her own plans. As a guy, River posed as a man named, Sam. And he befriended Lee. And I guess something went wrong, because as time passed, River grew more fond of Lee. Even to the point of aiding him against us. She flat out refused to help us, when we caught her.”

B commented, “When River does not want to do something, it is best to not try to force her.”

Revy responded, “Oh, I agree. River is almost as dangerous as Roberta. Still, Roberta and River almost fought each other, over Lee, until we all talked them out of it.”

“And here is the kicker. We also don't think Lee knew Sam was River, for a while. At least until sometime after the casino poker game between him, and River, as River. The way Lee acted before and during that game clearly showed, that at the time, Lee did not know that River and Sam were one in the same.”

Balalaika snickered, as she commented, “I guess even the deceiver can be deceived.”

Revy mentioned, “And River used a fake beard, as a man, to pulled off the deception.”

Balalaika snickering became giggling, as B joined her. A few seconds later, as the couple calmed down, Balalaika said, “Now, that is amusing. Still, even guile and subterfuge will only go so far. How does Lee get what he wants, when he wants it?

Violin commented, “That boy knows how to use manners and tact to get what he wants. It is not surprising that River came to like him. It is a matter of a thing called, Southern Hospitality. It is a culture thing. It would take some time to explain in detail.”

Janet looked over at Benny. Benny noticed this, and just shrugged an affirmative to what Violin was saying.

Balalaika replied, “No need. I have heard of the term, before.”

Aeryn questioned, “But, as a telepath, won't River know that Lee was faking his politeness?”

Violin looked over at Aeryn, as she responded, “Honey, who said Lee was faking his good manners? He may have been manipulative, but he was always polite, and even sometimes helpful when he didn't have to be.”

Eda heard Aeryn and Violins' comments, as she thought, with annoyance, 'We are just talking in circles. With some of us not willing to admit the ugly, or in this case, nice truth about Lee.'

Eda looked around the table, at her friends, as she stated, with a strong willed, though even tone of voice, “You all just don't get it. Lee is actually a genuinely nice guy, who made one incredibly stupid mistake. Screwing with our lives. And I am with River on this. Lee did not even realize what he was doing would actually effect anyone, until Scorpius came on TV, in his home reality, asking for the writer. Him.”

Eda sighed. She then continued, “Though... Okay... Even River and I both agree that Lee needs to be punished for his actions. Even Lee agrees with that. But, it does not need to be a severe form of revenge.”

“Counting the time loop, we have known him for over twenty years. And barring keeping his ass in one piece. He never took advantage of us, at a personal level, even when the opportunities presented themselves.”

“And barring a few pranks. Which, from what I understand, you deserved, for tricking him into eating those pot brownies. He did not trick us into doing anything that would harm us.”

“Outside of self-preservation, he did not violate our trust.”

“We need to take all this into account when we do finally catch him, and we punish him.”

Shenhua commented, “You slept with him. Of course, you would be bias towards him.”

Eda looked at Shenhua, as she counter, in annoyed tone of voice, “He wasn't that good. I just came to realize he is a decent human being. And as I just said. Lee clearly realizes his mistakes. And I think we should lay off much of the revenge we have planned for him.”

Rock conceded, “You raise some good point, Eda. We will talk about it.”

Eda turned Rock, as she calmly replied, in a grateful tone of voice, “Thank you.”

Eda saw Rock nodded once towards her. To confirm that she accepted Eda's gratitude.

Janet thought, 'Eda makes several good points. I might as well tell them I spoke to Lee.' She mentioned, “Well, after what Eda has said, just now. I have to admit that I did confront Lee. And Lee did talk me out of killing him at the factory complex. To the point of letting him go.”

Benny turned to her wife, as she asked, “You had him, and you let him go? How could you?”

Janet shifted uncomfortably in her seat, as she realized all eyes, at the table, were on her. She turned to Benny, as she answered, “I made a mistake in that I thought he was the cause of some of my personal problems. When he was clearly not.”

Balalaika inquired, “What do you mean?”

Janet turned to the rest of those at the table, as she asked, “How do I put this without sounding insane?”

Sawyer said, “Just say it straight out girl. At this point, what part of our lives are not insane.”

Benny stated, “Sawyer has a point, honey.”

Janet sighed. She then stated, “Okay. As you know, some of us are from the Black Lagoon anime timeline. And except for some minor difference between a few individuals, the manga timeline ran almost exactly parallel with our timeline. All the way to the Roberta's Blood Trail arc. The only major differences being. Their Revy kills a few more people, that probably didn't deserve it.”

Revy shifted uncomfortably in her chair.

Janet continued, “The final confrontation with Yukio and Ginji was different.”

Revy commented, “Yea. Our version of our fight was a lot more awesome. And that is from both living it, and seeing the anime version of it. When compared to reading the manga. Though, their version was likely most esthetically pleasing in that those two came dressed for their own funeral.”

Rock coughed.

Revy looked at Rock and saw that Rock was frowning at her. Revy quickly said, “Anyway, I get a kick out of the fact I helped teach Sarah how to slice bullets with her katana again. Though, Annie was a big help on that.”

Benny and Janet both turned to Revy, as they frowned at her. Both, neither said a word on the subject.

Revy just groaned, as she thought, “There is just no pleasing some people.'

B inquired, “Speaking of which. Is Sarah, or Molly ever planning on trying to have their revenge on us?”

Revy turned to B and Balalaika. She shrugged, as she replied, “Nah. They are both happy with their new lives.”

Balalaika looked over at Revy, as she casually said, “Good. I would hate to have to kill them again, and make you an enemy.”

Revy did not show a hint of anger, as she calmly said, “Yes. That would be a bad thing.” She mentally added, 'For you.'

Revy calm reaction startled both Balalaika and B.

Balalaika thought, 'I have never seen Revy act so calm, in the face of such an open threat. That scares me.'

And the rest of the group noticed Revy's reaction, as they went silent.

Violin thought, 'I have to do something. Or, one of us could ruin the wonderful mood we have going.' She said, “Moving on. You were saying, Janet. About the differences between the two timelines? Parallel universes? Unrealized realities?”

Janet looked back at the others at the table, as she went onto say, “Anyway, the other major difference is that their Roberta, unlike our Roberta, did not go the Monty Python Black Knight route.”

There was some mild chuckling from others at the table.

Sawyer commented, “Didn't Lee state in his author's notes that he picked the anime timeline because it gave him an excuse to turn Roberta, our Roberta, into a cyborg?”

Shenhua grinned, as she stated, “Yes. And I bet he is regretting that right now.”

Benny smiled wickedly as well, as she agreed, “Yea. He ego got the better of him, on that one.”

Eda shrugged, as she commented, “Actually. As in most cases. It is more like his imagination got the better of him. But, that goes without saying. And that is why I came on this hunt. But, I want us to capture Lee, before the maids get him.” She turned to Rock, as she inquired, “Though, would you have turned Lee over to the maids, if we had caught him?”

Rock looked over to Eda, as she answered, in a calm tone of voice, “Not until concessions were made on the matter of revenge.” She looked over at Janet, as she questioned, “Now, Janet, you were saying?”

Janet stated, “Yea... Well, given the similarities, it is logical that something mentioned in one timeline is true for the other timeline. Unless otherwise stated. What none of us realized, but Lee did, like the many Black Lagoon fans of his reality, is that the Black Lagoon manga series never ended. It is still being continued. And Lee told me that he used some of the information from a future storyline in his stories. Such, as my...” She shift uncomfortably, as she continued, “Nymphomania.”

There were a few giggles from the others that did not know that part of Janet's life.

Revy smiled wickedly, as she inquired, “And your gangbang rape fantasy?”

Janet looked downward, as she commented, “That too. Lee even mentioned that, almost word for word on how I describe it. It should be noted that Lee said that though I had some issues in the bedroom, he does not judge me, nor any of us for our little hang ups. It is actions outside the bedroom that he judges people for. He actually considers me quite sane, which is one of the reasons I let him go.”

Shenhua heard all this, and she felt like stirring the pot. She turned to Revy, as she questioned, “Revy, didn't you tell me that you, Rock, Dutch, and Benny, played out that fantasy with Janet.”

Janet, Benny, Dutch, Rock, and Revy all simultaneously blushed beat red.

Janet looked over at Shenhua, and back at Revy, as she accused, “You told her.”

Eda looked over at Revy. She smiled like the cat whom ate the canary, as she demurely stated, “Well Revy, we are all waiting for the details.”

The Lagoon family leaned up from their seats, and huddled over the table.

Dutch inquired, “In this situation, which do you think is worse? We tell them? Or, we let their imaginations do the work for us?”

Rock answered, “Given the imaginations of this crowd. It is best to tell them.”

Revy said, “I agree.”

Janet snapped, “I don't think you get a vote in this situation.”

Benny said, to Janet, “Janet, the cat is out of the bag. There is not much we can do about it now, honey.”

Janet looked Revy, with an evil glint her eye, as she commented, “There is one thing. For my next birthday, I have another fantasy in mind. It involves a women's prison, lesbian inmates theme. Where you play the woman lesbian, and I play the lesbian in the role of the man.”

Revy grinned, as she stated, “Hey sister. I have been in that situation. I can give you pointers. Though, during that time, I was the man in those roles. After I was through, the fingers of those women were never enough to satisfy them.”

Janet returned Revy smirk, as she said, “I know. Lee mentioned that too. Thanks for confirming that. It seems a lot more of our private lives have been made public than we thought.”

Revy immediately dropped her smirk, as she muttered, “Damn you, Lee.”

Janet giggled a little at Revy's response.

Rock requested, “Revy, just tell them the basics. That is the best damage control that we can do.”

Revy looked over at Benny, Dutch, and Janet, whom all nodded in agreement.

Revy said, “Alright.”

The Lagoon family sat back down.

Revy turned to those at the rest of the table, as she calmly explained, “Well, a few years ago, for Janet's birthday, we played out that fantasy for her in our S&M dungeon. She was in the role of the woman, and the four of us used instant man packet to turn male, and we acted out having our way with her. With her permission, beforehand.”

Rock mentioned, “Actually, several precautions were taken. Including the use of safe words. And safe signals, with hands and feet.”

Revy and Rock's comments only make the rest of the group more curious.

Violin noticed that from the looked on her wife's face, Aeryn was more interested in Revy's story, than Violin was personally conformable with. She thought, with mild worry and mild emotional discomfort, 'Sometimes, some of my wife's more... Interesting tastes worry me.'

Lotton looked over at the Lagoon parents. She raised an eyebrow, as she softly asked, “You have an S&M dungeon?”

Revy casually said, “Everybody needs an S&M dungeon. It is the perfect workout room for one's personal kinks.”

Rock placed her right palm onto her face, in embarrassment. She thought, 'Sometimes Revy's mouth goes faster than her head. And then her straightforwardness becomes an embarrassment for herself, and her family... Not that I would ever tell that to her face.' Rock then lowed her right hand, as she looked around the table.

Lotton deadpanned, “I bet.” She mentally added, 'I think it is best that I not mention that Shenhua, Sawyer, and I, also have an S&M dungeon, back at our home, on their yacht”

Benny swiftly mentioned, “Though, we are gentle. And it was more roleplay, than sadomasochism. But, I am glad my wife got that fantasy out of her system.”

Dutch deadpanned, “We hope.”

That caused everyone at the table, but the Lagoon family, to burst out giggling, for several seconds.

Janet whispered into Benny's ear, “You make both the best husband and wife that a woman could ask for.”

Benny turned to her wife. She warmly smiled at Janet, as she said, “Thank you, dear.”

As the others calmed down, Revy said, “Speaking of the manga timeline, I have always considered visiting my manga counterpart. If for any other reason than to freak her out.”

Rock firmly stated, “No. We agreed to leave that timeline alone. If for any other reason than to find out how our lives would have played out if Akira had never entered our reality.”

Dutch stated, “Rock is right. I don't think the sanity of our counterparts could handle learning about us. I barely could myself, and I was conditioned to mentally handle the change.”

Benny pointed out, “Besides Revy, if we did that, it would make us just as bad at Lee. As what he did to us. Maybe even worse than Lee.”

Revy shrugged, as she conceded, “You have a point there, Benny.”

B commented, “It seems that Lee understanding of multiversal mechanics is very thorough.”

Lotton stated, “That is not surprising. Considering the mechanics he stated in his stories. At the factory, he claimed he wrote from his own personal events and experiences with the multiverse. And I don't think those claims were baseless. We know he already displayed precognition. Both with his card tricks, and that bullet dodging on the roof. But, he claimed to also be able to mentally time travel, and temporally possess his counterparts in alternate realities.”

Eda stated, “I agree. I am not sure he was lying. Besides covering his ass, Lee never struck me as the type to just make stuff like that up like that. It is just to bold a claim to be believed. Even by us. So, it is likely true.”

Violin said, “Considering, I have had similar experiences. I think Lee might not be joking about that. It is possible, for him, writing those stories, was just a way for him to work out the theoretical concepts of what he was personally dealing with.”

“And not just the emotional baggage of his life in his own reality. There is not much material on the subject. I know. I have looked, in a few different realities. With most of the materiel being just shallow science fiction and fantasy.”

“Unfortunately, it is just to unbelievable for more people to grasp the concept of people visiting other realities in their dreams, and to actually physically mentally time travel. That might be why he wanted to learn physics from me during the time loop.”

B commented, “If it is true. Then, the likely reason he did not mentally time travel, to an earlier point in his life. To get out of his messes. Of not just us. But, his cancer. Was because he said it hurt a lot. To the point it damaged his soul.”

Violin stated, “Yes. That is a good reason not to do so. Along with avoiding a paradox.” She thought, 'Though, I am not sure how that works. Given Lee already claimed to have mentally time traveled into his past, and created a branch reality. And I am to tired to think about it, right now.'

Rock thought, 'If that is true. Then, he suffering similar situations as my experiences with the omake dreams. And so we have more in common than I realized. And that is likely one of the reasons that drew Lee's attention to us in the first place.'

Benny asked, “So, how does the gender bending fit in Lee's stories, fit into how his mind works?”

Lotton theorized, as she stated, “One of two ways. He liked that type of genre. Or, he has some really deep personality issues to work through. Or both. We now know from Lee that his personal life is as much a wreck as some of our lives.”

Revy commented, “That is an understatement. I didn't believe in God. Now, after all what we have been through, I am on the fence. But, Lee believes God is Evil. Or, at the least the God of his reality. I honestly his has a more negative outlook on live, that I use to have.”

Benny stated, “And that is saying something, Revy. When I think about it, considering we were his playthings, I am not sure which of those two options would be worse for us.”

Janet said, “I fully agree, dear.”

Lotton agreed, “You have a point there.”

Akira inquired, “On to more... comfortable matters. Where did he get that hologram projector, and that black car from?”

B answered, “I think I know. I remember a few months ago, when we all found out about Lee's stories. I was talking with the Lowe family. They had recently come back from the Total Recall reality with a few hologram devices like the one Lee used. Bob and Ed even mentioned that they planned to catch the writer as well, but not to harm him. Actually, they said they wanted to save him from us.”

B turned to Balalaika, as she said, “I hope you understand. It is just that I did not want to betray their trust.”

Balalaika turned to B, as she calmly replied, “I understand.”

B warmly smiled towards Balalaika.

Revy stated, “Considering how good of friends you are to the Lowe family, I am not going to fault you for that.”

B turned to look around the table, and she saw several of her friends nodding in agreement.

B stated, “Thank you. And this is not surprising, by the Lowe family, considering three of them were created by Lee, and Ed loved the life Lee gave her.”

Sawyer asked, “So, what exactly were their plans?”

B answered, “They were going the same route at Eda and Yolanda. To find the writer with his stomach. As such, they were going to start a diner. They even had a name picked out. I found the name humorous And from what they said, so did they. They seem to be on a Total Recall binge, right now.

Violin guessed, “The Last Resort Diner?”

B stated, “Yes.”

A few of the women at the table groaned at the their obvious oversight.

Violin commented, “Figures. I went there a few times, for breakfast. Good breakfast, and service. I might add. The prices were decent, too. Anyway, I thought they looked familiar. Though, they had the sense to pretend they didn't know me. And I now understand where they go their aliases from. And they were good aliases. Still, it was the only decent place in town that fixed decent scrambled eggs, grits, and sweet tea.”

Aeryn rolled her eyes, for a few seconds, as she thought, 'I sometimes do not understand my husband's tastes in strange food... At least by my Sebastian standards. And I still don't understand how a grit can be edible. Though, she does put up with some of my odder tastes, as well. So, I let things be.'

Shenhua commented, “I cannot believe they did that under our noses.”

Dutch flatly stated, “Clearly our noses need to be checked.”

A few of the women at the table groaned at Dutch's less lowbrow joke.

Revy said, “After becoming rich, I consider eating at such diners beneath me. And I bet that is what the Lowe family were counting on.”

Janet agreed, “You are probably right. And Lee likely realized that, as well. Now, that I think about it. I believe he spent some time there, on occasion. Though, I did pay not him much attention attention, when we drove by a few times for lunch, and we saw him, through the windows, eating lunch. I though he just liked the food there. Now, I believe he went there, because he believed we would not go there. So, he could have a safe place to think.”

Dutch commented, “Yea. I guess that would make sense.”

Benny asked, “So, what are we going to do about the Lowe family?”

Rock answered, “Nothing. They are our friends. And this is merely is a difference of opinion. They did not give Lee any weapons. Just a couple of toys to play with. They did not want him to harm us, just keep us away from him.”

Violin said, “I can go along with this. Just one point.” She looked over at Akira, “Hey Akira, would you like to visit the Lowe family, so we can find out where they shop for such nice toys?”

Akira turned to Violin, as her lips curled into a smile. She happily answered, “Sure. But, only if I can bring my two lovers with me.”

Violin joyfully responded, in a playful tone of voice, “I will bring Aeryn. We will make a double date out of it.”

Akira happily replied, “Sure. It's a date.”

Ranma, Natsuru and Aeryn just laughed at the two of them, for a few seconds.

As Ranma, Natsuru, and Aeryn calmed down, Revy said, “Getting back on topic. Where would Lee be? We still have to find out where the police took, Lee.”

Violin pointed out, “It is possible, that Lee could escape the police before we find out where he is. Remember, as far as they are concerned, he is just a rescued hostage that they wish to question.”

Eda commented, “Knowing him, he will probably talk his way out of there, and leave through the front doors.”

Lotton said, “There is a minor problem. The police likely have access to telepaths. Though, if Lee is desperate enough, and in a rush, he might decide not to lie to them. Instead, he would request a telepath to do a deep scan of his mind. That means that telepath, and the police will know nearly everything he knows.”

Benny countered, “If that happens, it is likely only the telepath will believe him. Cops are notoriously suspicious of those not part of law enforcement. And let's be honest, gender benders from fictional realities, after a man from another reality, is kind of hard to swallow.”

There was some giggling among those at the table.

Janet said, “Dear, you got that right.”

Dutch joked, “I know of horse pills that are likely easier to swallow.”

The giggling turned into mild chuckling from a few of the women at the table.

Eda commented, “With Lee's luck, if they hear even part of his story, they might try to have him committed. And the telepath, whom scanned his mind, being sent to the funny farm with him.”

The chuckling turned into laughter, from some of the women at the table.

A few seconds later, as the laughter died down, Akira suggested, “Well, if we are going to start looking. Let us take the simplest path. Let's see if there is any news about us on the TV.”

Akira stood up, and she walked over to the TV that was mounted on the upper corner of the wall, near their table.

Akira turned on the TV, from the button panel on the right side of the thin, widescreen TV. And the first thing they saw on TV was a tampon commercial. Akira quickly changed the channel to a local news station, that she knew of, after spending the night there.

Natsuru whisper to Ranma, “Half across the space, time, and the multiverse, and the first thing we see on TV is that. Sometimes I think the multiverse is just jerking us around.”

Ranma softly replied back, “You might be right.”

As Akira turned up the volume on the TV, every turned to listen, and watch.

As the new logo appeared on the bottom left of the screen. The logo being, 'MDNN'. As an off-screen masculine voice said, “The Mars Dome News Network.”

Then, the picture panned to a young, human, woman, with long blond hair, wearing a nice blue dress, with a mix of asian and caucasian features, as the off-screen masculine voice said, “With our anchor, Becky Haring.”

Becky said, “Good evening. Our top story are the two disappearance of Earthforce General Susan Ivanova, of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and Babylon Five Security Chief Zack Allan. INS news report reports...”

As the story unfolded, Violin said out loud, “I wonder what happened to them?”

Nearby, Shenhua and Sawyer shifted uncomfortably in their seats. Meanwhile, Revy did not show any signs of discomfort from the news.

As the news played out in the background, concerning the disappearances, which those at the table were not interested in, Balalaika turned to her friends, as she mentioned, “On another matter. That series Lee, Akira, mentioned. The Gargoyles series? What is that series about?”

Those at the table, looked over at Balalaika.

Akira answered, “It is a kitchen sink fantasy, make in the early to mid nineteen nineties. At least for our reality. Think everything, as in all genres, thrown into one series. Yet. While it was a cartoon. The characters, and plots, were very well thought out. Lee was not joking when he said the Xanatos clan was not to be crossed. And that the Xanatos' in-laws were maybe even more dangerous that the Xanatos themselves. This because many of them are literally physical gods.”

Lotton stated, “Akira is correct. As a woman, when Chang was in charge of her Tower, and her organization, through her male boomer double. She had her boomer double forbid anyone in her organization from going to the Gargoyles reality. I think the people of that reality scared her. And with good reason. They even scare me, as well.”

Balalaika stated, “Then, I will have to check out this series.”

Akira said, “I suggest we all do. It is a sixty-five episode series. Well, seventy-eight. But, at Lee pointed out, no one counts the third season as canon. There is even an alternate timeline, the form of a comics series, that branches at the end of the second season. So, the first two seasons are what you need to watch.”

Balalaika responded, “I understand.”

Meanwhile, a few of those at the table were also halfway paying attention to the TV.

On the TV screen, Becky reported the next item, “In other news. There is high speed chase this evening that lead to a shooting out in an industrial complex, on the northern, outer edge of the main dome.”

Eda turned to the TV, as she commented, “Hold. I think we got something here, on TV. I believe they are reporting about us.”

In response, everyone turned their attention to the TV, showing the news station.

On screen, Becky continued her report, “At this time, not much is known of the event. Except unknown aircraft were spotted during the chase. No suspects have been arrested, but a hostage was rescued, as well as guard that was hiding during the event. With the guard being the one whom originally contacted the police.”

Benny commented, “So, Lee did have the guard call the police.”

Dutch replied, “Yep.”

On screen Becky stated, “The hostage is known as Ello Gray. While the guard was released, the hostage was taken to a nearby police station, for questioning...”

The mention of Lee's alias, Ello Gray, caught everyone's attention, as they paid even closer attention to the news broadcast.

Janet smiled wickedly, as she stated, “We have him.”

Aeryn commented, “And all we need know is a city map, to figure out which police station is closest to the factory complex.”

Revy said, “Exactly.”

Violin commented, “Also, Lee probably got that key card from that guard.”

Aeryn nodded, as she replied, “That makes sense.”

Lotton commented, “I took Lee's key card from him. I looked at it later. And it said 'security' on it, in english. So Violin, you are likely correct about that.”

Violin looked over at Lotton, as she said, “Good work.”

Lotton replied, “You're welcome.”

On TV Becky used her right fingers, to touch her right ear, where her hidden earpiece was, cover by her long hair. She did this for a few seconds, while she stayed silent. She then lower her right hand back to her side, as she turned to look at the camera in front of her.

Becky then stated, in a firm tone of voice, “We are just getting reports in, that the police station in question has just been attacked. Reports state that a purple haired woman, in a maids outfit has attacked the station. We will keep you updated as events unfold.”

The news broadcast then switched to a commercial.

Benny cursed, “Oh crap. Roberta and Fabiola beat us to him.”

Revy said, “Knowing those two, there will not be much left of him, for the rest of us.”

Eda stated, “Don't count Lee out just yet.”

Sawyer suggested, “Do you think we should contact Roberta and Fabiola by radio?”

Shenhua stated, “No. Let's keep our radios off. They are not going to use them in their chase, unless they have to. Us contacting them might distract them. Also, if they catch Lee, we are not going to see them and Lee, again. At least a while for them. And we will likely never see Lee, again.”

“If Lee escape them. I do not want to risk their wrath, in them contacting us, by having the radio on. Or, us trying to contact them, at a very bad moment.”

“Instead, we will continue to leave our the radios turned off, or in our suites, as we have been. The excuse being we did not want to be disturbed. Which is true.”

Lotton complimented, “Intelligent thinking, Shenhua.”

Shenhua turned to Lotton. She smiled at Lotton, as she said, “Thank you.”

Balalaika agreed, “You have a point there.” She mentally added, 'This is why I only confronted Roberta, when I had an army at my side.'

Shenhua turned to Balalaika, as she commented, “I am glad you agree.”

Suddenly, a food commercial was broken in the middle of it, with Mar Dome News program coming back on.

Akira noticed this, as she stated, “The news program is back on.”

Everyone turned to the TV, to watch and listen to the news program.

On TV, Becky stated, “This is Becky Haring, reporting live. There has been a development in the police station attack. A white car is reportedly being driven at high speed down William Edgars memorial highway. The driver has been identified as Ello Gray. The man connected to both the early industrial complex incident and the police station attack. There is a male passenger with him, whom we have yet to identify.”

Janet said, “I don't believe it. The maids are after him, and he is still alive.”

Dutch commented, “Let us just be happy that the Lee is still breathing.”

Eda smirked, as she spoke up, “Told you, not to count Lee out, yet.”

On TV, Becky said, “And we do not know at this time as to why Mister Gray is driving at such high speed.”

Benny commented, “If you knew Roberta, the answer would be academic.”

There was some mild giggling from the some of the women at the table.

Eda commented, “It looks like the magnificent bastard Lee, versus the absolute badass Roberta.

Natsuru said, “I completely agree.”

Akira stated, “I would put it that way, too.”

On TV, Becky went onto say, “We are going to our eye in the sky, Tom Concord, who is on the scene, in our news helicopter.”

Revy stated, “At least, we will see what Lee is doing, right now.”

The TV program switched to a camera in the air, which was looking down, at a diagonal angle, with the car being to the cameraman's lower, forward right side. The camera eye zoned on on the six lane highway, to show a white, four door car, on the left driver's side, in the far right lane.

The white car was clear on the far right lane, as Lee drove pass the other vehicles on the road, in the other two lanes on his side.

On TV, an off-screen, male voice said, “This is Tom Concord, in our news helicopter, reporting live, on the scene.”

Off-screen, Becky asked, “What can you tell us, Tom?”

Tom answered, “Well Becky, we can report that with Mister Gray is an unidentified man.”

Becky inquired, “Do you think Mister Gray is involved with the police attack? Or, he was just using the situation to his advantage to escape, without questioning?”

Rock commented, “Likely both.”

On TV, off screen, Tom said, “That is unknown at this time. But... Hold on, I see another vehicle coming at high speed down the highway. I will turn the camera to get close up shot.”

The camera panned to behind the white car, and showed a red convertible sports car, with its top and side windows down, driving down the highway. As the camera focused, and zoomed in on the drivers seat, everyone in the room could see that it was Roberta, in her maids outfit, as her long hair, in a ponytail, whipped in the wind, behind her head.

On TV, off screen, Becky asked, “Is this the woman that is suspected of the attack of that police station.

On TV, off-screen, Tom stated, “I believe so, Becky. Given this woman, behind the wheel, matches the description of a purple haired woman in a maids outfit. I would say that Mister Gray is involved with the attack. In that he may likely be her intended target, with the police merely being in her way.”

Violin joked, “And who says there is nothing intelligent on the news.”

Several of the women burst out laughing, for a few seconds.

As the women calmed down, Revy got up from her seat, she walked to the TV and muted the volume. She turned and face the group of women, as she stated, “Okay, let's start placing bets here on if Lee can escape the Bloodhound, or not, in this chase? Since I doubt have a set of scales on me, U.S. cash only.”

Revy then pulled out a pen and notepad, from the pockets of her shorts, to write down everyone's bets.

Janet asked, “I know we discussed this outcome, a while back. For the betting pool. What odds were we going using, in this situation?”

Dutch stated, “Hundred to one odds in favor of the maid. Speaking from experience. No one escapes the Bloodhound.”

Rock countered, “Let us make is one sided. Twenty to one against Lee. But, for betting sake, two to one against, Lee. He did escape us tonight, and he then somehow got out of police station, with a car. I wonder if he can go three for three, in one night.”

Benny said, “Well, either way this goes. It is going to be entertaining for us.”

Revy stated, “Benny, you are preaching to the choir.”

Eda said, “Put a thousand dollars on Lee, for me. I am so looking forward to having that maid taken down a notch.”

Janet commented, “The super-human death machine, versus the nobody. It's suckers bet.”

Eda turned to Janet, as she commented, “Janet, you have spend time with Lee. And I would think that after the last few hours we had with him, everyone here would realize that when Lee's ass is on the line, he is full of surprises.”

Janet conceded, “You may have a point, Eda. But, I am still betting on the maid. Five hundred dollars for the maid, also.”

Benny said, “I agree with my wife. Fifteen hundred dollars for the maid.”

Janet looked over at Benny, and Janet smiled at her spouse.

Dutch commented, “Put two thousand on the maid, for me.”

Rock stated, “One hundred dollars for, Lee. I want to see if he can this pull off. So, we can catch him, later.”

As Revy wrote down everyone's bets, she compliment, “That is a good point, honey.”

Rock said, “Thanks, Revy. I am just thinking of the possible silver lining if Lee does escape tonight.”

Benny asked, “Do you think the Knight Sabers might try something?”

Lotton pointed out, “Not in a high speed chase like this, on TV. The Knight Sabers like to work in the shadows. And this event is very public.”

Benny inquired, “Yes. And given the Black Lagoon series exists here, in a few formats. I wonder if any one watching TV will recognize Roberta?”

Lotton said, “Given the series is a few centuries old. Except for a few diehard fans. I doubt it. And just a picture on the screen is not enough to remove reasonable doubt.”

Benny stated, “I guess we can hope for the best on this.”

Violin said, “Anyway. Back to the bets. I am with Rock on this. Five hundred on Lee.”

Aeryn turned to Violin, as she said, “I am going to have to disagree with you, honey.” She looked over at Revy, as she stated, “Three hundred on the maid.”

Violin turned to her wife, as she commented, “That is alright, dear.”

In response, Aeryn smiled towards Violin. The spouses then turned back to watch the muted TV.

Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma looked at each other. They nodded towards each other. After which, they turned to Revy.

Ranma stated, “We feel like being adventurous tonight. Two thousand five hundred dollars, each, on Lee.”

Balalaika said, “Two thousand on Lee. And that fool better not disappoint me.”

B said, “Same bet as Balalaika.”

Lotton commented, “Five hundred on Lee escaping the maid.”

Shenhua said, “Ten dollars for the maid. I will be the cheap one, tonight.”

Sawyer said, “Fifteen dollars for the maid. So will I.”

Revy finished writing down the bets, as she stated, “And three grand from me, on the maid.” She then put away her pen and notepad. She looked at her friends, as she commented, “I will leave the TV muted, so we can talk. Even no objects.”

No one said, anything for the next few seconds.

Revy then said, “Okay.

Revy left the TV mute. After which, she returned to her seat, and sat down in her chair. As she got comfortable, she turned to the TV, with the rest of her friends watching the news program, as well.

On TV, the camera showed that Roberta's car was quickly gaining on Lee's vehicle. They could clearly see the look on Roberta's face, which promised a painful fate for her prey.

Akira asked, “Is it me, or does Roberta clearly look more pissed off, then when she and Fabiola showed up at the Devil's Hotel, right after Lee escape?”

Dutch said, “It is not your imagination, Akira. She clearly is angrier.”

Akira commented, “Still, I do not know why she is so angry.” She mentally added, 'And I was not stupid enough ask her. It is no small wonder why Lee freaked when she and Fabiola came to town. I mean, if the maids were personally after me, I would be running as soon as possible, as well.'

Ranma commented, “I don't know why, either. And yes. She is angry... Very angry.”

Benny stated, “Roberta really has a hard-on to get Lee. More than we do.”

Natsuru agreed, “Akira, Ranma, and Benny have a point here. The question is. Why?”

Lotton inquired, “I wonder why, as well? Lee had me fix Roberta's body, and her mind. Of all of us, she clearly got the most from Lee's writings. I would think she would be thanking him for all he did for her.”

Sawyer commented, “I am not sure myself. Roberta did not tell me the details. When I spoke to her, this morning. But, she and Fabiola hinted it had something to do with Garcia.”

Ranma said, in an embarrassing tone of voice, “Of course... Lee gave Garcia the spring of drowned girl curse, like I have.”

Dutch commented, “I can see that upsetting them. Finding out Lee was the one that changed our gender upset us. But, that does not explain why their dialed their rage to full on, hell on earth mode?”

Revy's eyes went wide, as she exclaimed, “Oh, that it!” She then began laughing.

Rock turned to Revy, as she asked, “What is it, Revy?”

A few seconds later, Revy stopped laughing. Though, she still had a wicked grin on her lips, as she turned to Rock. She answered, “Roberta has always been a little touchy about matters dealing with menstrual periods. It is no surprised she and Fabiola would be pissed off at Lee, over making Garcia go through that every month.”

There were several groans across the table, as everyone realized what Revy was talking about.

Dutch look over at Rock, as she said, “Rock, you might as well cancel you plans on asking Roberta to hand over Lee. Because if this is over that, then she is far too angry to negotiated with, once she has her prize in hand.”

Rock turned to Dutch, as she responded, “I am starting to realize that.”

Ranma then corrected Revy, “Actually, every few months. Being a guy occasionally, and then a girl again, slows that cycle down, and makes its timing irregular.”

There were a few giggles from Ranma's comment.

Lotton recalled what Garcia was cursed in the stories. She commented, “That sad part is I honestly don't think Lee realized what was going to happen to Garcia when he wrote that line in book three.”

Eda stated, “I agree. Because no one, not even Lee, would intentionally hurt a nice boy like Garcia. And he certainly would never intentionally piss off Roberta and Fabiola. He not only knows how dangerous they are, he made them even more dangerous.”

Sawyer commented, “When is came to us, it was like he was always walking a mine field.”

Akira lips curled into a mischievous grin, as she joked, “More like a PMS mine field.”

Natsuru and Lotton giggle at Akira's private joke, with Lotton remembering having read that line in book one of Lee's stories. And Natsuru remembered Akira personally telling her that comment, in person, several years ago.

Shenhua turned to Lotton, as she inquired, “Do I even want to know?”

Whiled Lotton stopped giggling, she turned to Shenhua, as she answered, “Not really. It would take too long to explain the joke.”

Janet turned to Benny. She then looked around the table, as she said, “Like Benny pointed out earlier. Now, Lee has to face the super-badass he upgraded. Talk about poetic justice.”

Sawyer suggested, “Well, let's watch, and see what happens next.”

The group then turned their attention back to the TV, which was still muted.

Roberta, in the red two door sports car, was presently in the far left lane, right behind Lee, in the white four door car, and she was gaining on him.

After a few seconds of watching, they saw something thrown from the sunroof of Lee's vehicle, and the item hit Roberta's windshield.

A second later, Roberta bailed out of the car, into the middle lane, with the car still moving forwards.

A few seconds later, the car exploded.

Those present, at the table, realized what Lee had used to cause the explosion.

Sawyer said, in disbelief, “Lee had another grenade all this time?”

Eda smiled, in astonishment towards Lee, as she commented, “That man always has a card up his sleeve.”

Rock stated, “He likely didn't use it on us because it is not the type of weapon that is useful when surrounded.”

Benny questioned, “Speaking of which. As fun as this chase is. Lee never does something without a plan. He always knows where he is heading. So, where is he planning on going?”

Dutch commented, “Maybe we will find out.”

Violin inquired, “I wonder how she will catch up with him, now?”

Dutch calmly stated, “Even before the upgrades, she was fast... Just watched.”

Suddenly, the camera showed Roberta standing up, as cars moved out of her, and the burning ruins of the red sports car she had been driving, as they drove passed by, in the far left lane.

Those at the table, then watched as Roberta started to run down the street. Within seconds her running speed picked up to where she was keeping pace with the cars driving down the road.

Dutch grinned.

Violin admitted, “Not bad.”

Without warning, Roberta jumped off the road, and she soon landed on the roof of nearby, moving vehicle. She then began hopping from vehicle roof, to vehicle roof. With her sometimes landing on the tops of the trailer containers behind hauled by the semi-tractor-trailer trucks.

Revy muttered, “I wonder if I can do that? I know I can do it with boats.”

Rock overheard Revy. She turned to Revy, as she sternly stated, “Revy, at least in boats, if you, miss you hit the water. You miss with a car, you are hitting road at high speed. We are tough, but not invulnerable. You do not want to break your neck, and shatter your skeleton.”

Revy turned to Rock. She conceded, in an agreeable, serious tone of voice, “Good point.”

Rock replied, in a calm, supportive tone of voice, “I am glad you agree.”

Revy and Rock then turned back to look at the TV.

Lotton commented, “Benny, you know what I said earlier, about reasonable doubt, on Roberta's identity being made public here?”

Benny said, “Yea.”

Lotton responded, in a serious tone of voice, “Forget it. Because only the Bloodhound could do this, and make it believable.”

Benny stated, “Lotton, you are preaching to the choir. And it looks like Roberta is getting close to Lee.”

Roberta then jumped on top of the trailer container roof, right beside Lee's white car.

Seconds later, Roberta dropped onto the roof of Lee's car itself.

Right after she landed on top of the hood of Lee's car, Roberta pulled out her pistols, and she began shooting the car engine.

Benny stated, “It's over.”

Dutch said, “And she

Lotton commented, “I wonder how she hides those pistols, with her drum clips, on her outfit?”

Nearby, Sawyer said, “It has to be some holsters in her skirt. There is no other place she could put those pistols, and clips, on that dress.”

Meanwhile, Eda watched the TV, as she faintly said, under her breath, “Come on, Lee.” She then noticed something about Lee's car, on the screen, as she thought, 'Wait a minute, Lee rolled down his side windows? Why?'

They then watched as Lee drove the car, to his left, until the truck trailer, destroying the car's hood, while forcing Roberta to jump over the moving cargo container.

Just as Roberta was about to land onto the back seats of Lee's car, they watched her be suddenly ejected from the car with such force that she let go of her pistols.

As Roberta flew back in the air, they saw a metal staff fly away from the vehicle as well.

On TV, they also watched as Lee continued driving down the road, in his white car.

Violin said, with mild shock, “I don't believe I just saw that.”

Shenhua and Sawyer's jaws dropped at what they just saw.

Eda just lightly laughed, as she thought, 'Smart move, Lee. And by rolling down your windows, beforehand, you minimized any glass shards from hitting you, and your passenger.'

Balalaika stated, “I believe I may have to revise my opinion of this man. As him being more resourceful than I thought. Which was quite a bit to begin with.”

B nodded in agreement with her lover.

Dutch demanded, “What was that? And what did Lee just do?”

Violin commented, “I believe we will need instant replay in slow-mo to see what really happened there.”

Akira answered, “I believe that is metal staff that flew out of the car was a denn'bok. An alien ranger fighting pike that can collapse to a few inches wide. I don't know where he got it from, but Lee used it as a spring loaded weapon to knock Roberta away from his car.”

Lotton stated, “Now, that was brilliant. And he likely only had less than a few minutes to come up, and implement that plan.”

Janet turned to Revy, as she asked, “Do you think it is over?”

Revy replied, “Not by a long shot. Roberta does not know how to quit.”

Meanwhile, on the TV, the camera immediately panned out to show the green semi-tractor-trailer truck that Lee has been driving beside, stopped, on the road, as it blocked the middle and right lanes. While Roberta had landed on the far left lane, with her sitting up. With traffic stopping on all the lanes.

Janet commented, in jest, “Leave it to Roberta to stop traffic.”

No one laughed at Janet's joke.

Revy joked, “Well, those knockers on her chest. It is not very hard.”

No one laughed at Revy's joke.

As they watched Roberta get up and collect her pistols, they saw that the camera had passed over, as it followed Lee's car. But, the camera was continue to look at Roberta, as it was zooming in, while flying away. Also, it showed the trucker of the green truck involved with the accident, get out, to go check on Roberta.

Rock thought, 'The driver likely stopped due having seen Lee's stunt, and Roberta fall beside his truck. Still, what exactly did Lee just pull to get Roberta out of his car, so quickly?'

Benny commented, “At least, Roberta looks like she is going to be okay.”

Shenhua stated, “Yes. Though, some fool is getting out of his truck to help her. Though, commendable. It is still foolish.”

Benny replied, “True.”

Aeryn said, “He is going to lose that truck.”

Ranma stated, “He will be luck if all he loses is his truck.”

As the helicopter flew further away, the camera continued zooming out, to show Roberta. The screen also showed the trucker approach Roberta from behind, as Roberta holstered her pistols.

When the trucker reached Roberta. Roberta turned around and gave him her slasher smile. The trucker immediately turned around and briskly walked to the far right emergency lane, while Roberta stated walking for the open door to the green semi-tractor-trailer truck.

Then, the camera turned around, as it zoomed in to focus on Lee's while car.

Akira commented, “One look a that smile, and the sane immediately know when to walk away.”

Violin said, “I hear that.”

Dutch stated, “Well, it is academic that Roberta now has a set of new wheels. And big wheels at that.”

Rock thought, 'At least that innocent bystander is going to be okay.'

Natsuru commented, “She is really channeling her inner terminator, right now.”

Benny stated, “That goes without saying. But, I agree with you, Natsuru.”

Janet asked, “Does Roberta know how to drive a truck like that?”

Revy commented, “Yea. I have seen her do so, a few times. She just does not really get the chance to do so.”

Ranma stated, “Let's count ourselves lucky on that.”

Revy mentioned, “Actually. When she is not pissed off. She is a very safe driver.”

Dutch commented, “Interesting. I guess she likely chauffeurs Garcia around, when she needs to.”

Revy stated, “I would not be surprised, if that was the case.”

Everyone then turned back to look at the TV.

By then, the helicopter camera crew had zoomed in and properly focused on Lee's car. And those at the table got a good look at the damage to the car. The car no longer had a roof on it. And the front hood was riddled with bullet holes.

And the women could clearly see who was inside of the vehicle. And where in the car, they were setting. Lee had on his sunglasses, as he sat in the driver's seat, while he drove the car at high speed. And a brown haired, fair skinned man in the front passenger seat, to Lee's right side.

B asked, “I wonder who the man with Lee is?”

Balalaika commented, “So, do I.”

Rock said, “I would like to know, as well. And I feel sorry for whomever it is. Though, Lee's car looks like hell. Roberta shot up the engine, and it is now missing the roof. I would not be surprised if it did not give out, before whatever location Lee is heading to.”

Violin commented, “That is very likely.”

Aeryn looked at the man in the passenger side, as she questioned, “I also wonder who that guy is?”

Natsuru sympathized, “Whoever he is, that poor guy with Lee must be scared out of his mind.”

Akira said, “I would not be surprised if that was the case.”

Janet stated, “That is likely the most unluckiest guy on the planet. He is between Bloodhound and her prey. Given he has been with Lee through out the chase, by now he has to have idea of what he is facing, and he knows he's fucked.”

Benny agreed, “That is very likely, dear. Very likely.”

Ranma then noticed something about Lee, as she asked, “Is Lee still wearing his shades a night?”

Eda responded, “Yep. And given wind resistance at that speed. It is a smart idea. And the street lights still allow for Lee to see find on the road.”

The camera showed the passenger pulling out a cellphone, and calling someone.

Lotton asked, “I wonder who he is calling?”

Violin said, “Likely, he is calling for help from where Lee is planning to go to.”

On the TV screen, they saw as the road soon diverged to where Lee was on a standard two lane road.

Sawyer said, “Roberta better hurry up. I think Lee is closing in on his destination.”

Balalaika agreed, “Yes. We are likely going to find out where they are heading, in a minute.”

A few seconds later, the camera showed both Lee and the passenger, looking behind the car.

The two men then quickly turned back to face the road in front of them.

Janet commented, “They must have seen something really back, coming up from behind them.

Revy's lips curled into a smirk, as she stated, “And we can guess who it is.”

The camera panned to show the same green semi-tractor trailer truck, with trailer, that had been beside, earlier, gaining on them.

The camera closed in on the truck's cab, to show that Roberta's at the wheel, with a slasher smile on her lips.

Revy continued to smirk, as she said, “She's back in the game.”

Benny commented, “Damn. Natsuru, you were right. The maid is going full on Terminator mode on Lee.”

Natsuru said, “Told you.”

Dutch smirked, as she commented, “I just hope she doesn't kill him outright. That would just be to quick.”

The camera then panned back out, to view both vehicles. It showed Lee's passenger handing his cellphone to Lee, with Lee yelling something into the phone before hanging up and giving it back to the passenger.

Rock said, “I think Lee just pulled a card from his sleeve. But, I am not sure what.”

Eda commented, “The question is. What?”

Suddenly, Lee started laughing.

Shenhua asked, in a slightly confused tone of voice, “Why is Lee laughing?”

Dutch stated, “Facing imminent death can make a person act strangely.”

Sawyer countered, “No. That is not the laughter of a condemned man. I have seen plenty of them. That is the laughter of someone who just pulled something, on someone else. And I think in Lee's case, it is Roberta.”

Rock replied, “I agree. And we are about to find out what card Lee just pulled out against Roberta.”

Without warning, the driver's side, back tire exploded, causing the car to being spin in a counterclockwise motion down the road.

It was that moment that the passenger started screaming.

Violin said, “I don't know why Lee is laughing, but that passenger is clearly screaming.”

Lotton stated, “Yea. He is freaking out. And he has every right to be doing so.”

Benny commented, “While I didn't scream. When I was in his place, years ago. I did freak out, a bit.”

Dutch turned to Benny, as she said, in a comforting tone of voice, “And that was natural human reaction to such a situation.”

Benny turned to Dutch, as she smiled. She replied, “Thanks, Dutch.”

In response to Benny's comment, Dutch returned Benny's smile. The two women they turned back to watch the TV, with their friends.

Natsuru commented, “I got to admire that Lee's driving skills. It is not easy to maintain a controlled spin on the road, while going forward.”

Akira stated, “I didn't even know that it was possible?”

Rock said, “I have done it a few times. It is not fun to do.”

Dutch commented, “It just takes practice.”

Natsuru continued watched the TV, with everyone else, as she stated, “Oh. It is do able. The AD Police academy taught us how to do it. But, it is very hard to master.” She mentally added, 'Lee is likely using his precognition to help him, with that controlled spin.'

Then, everyone noticed that on the second turn of Lee's car, in the spin, when Lee faced Roberta, he shouted something to her, while he made a middle finger hand gesture with his left hand toward her.

None of them could believe what they were seeing.

Benny asked, in disbelief, “Did Lee just give Roberta the finger?”

Dutch said, in a calm tone of voice, “Yep. He isn't long for this world.”

Suddenly, they saw in the cab, that Roberta had dropped her smile, as she quickly threw open the left driver's side door, and she jumped out of the truck.

Seconds later, they saw shots coming coming over the car, and hitting the front of the truck.

The camera panned out to show Lee car, panning further to show the large gun turrets on the concrete walls, by the gate Lee was heading for.

Within a matter of moments, the turret gunfight destroyed the truck, causing it to explode. The trailer behind the truck tipped forward, as it fell onto its side, blocking both lanes of the road, while it skidded to a halt.

Lee's car was then shown spinning passed the gates of the concrete wall.

The gates on the road immediately closed, just before the news station feed suddenly cut to black.

With the TV news program switching back to the anchor woman, Becky Haring, and the sound still muted, the women at the table then turned to look at each other.

While feeling amazement at what she had just watched, Dutch stated, “Damn that chase was almost as crazy the torpedo against helicopter stunt we pulled. Almost.”

Janet said, “I don't believe Lee just beat Roberta.”

Eda smirked, as she stated, in an excited tone of voice, “Believe it, sister.”

Natsuru commented, “I know we are intelligent. So, I don't mean this to be insulting. But, I believe that Lotton was correct, in what she said last night. That we have drastically underestimated Lee's intelligence, and ability to outwit us.”

Lotton turned to Natsuru. She smiled, as she replied, “Thank you.”

Natsuru turned to Lotton, as she said, “You're welcome.” She then looked around the table, at her friends, as she stated, “And all night this man has been pulling escape artist level stunts with style. Yet. We know he wasn't trained to do all this, in the time loop. We accounted for the badass skills he learned them.” She mentally added, 'We hope.'

Lotton commented, “Actually, I am not so sure. Think about it. He wrote the stories. A lot of those stories dealt with how to quickly escape people. He is simply applying what he learned, to write those scenes, into his own life.”

Violin pointed out, “That man can think several steps ahead. You heard the news. He likely had that guard call the police. He planned his own police rescue, before trying to lose us in the industrial complex. And if we don't get him here, we might lose him for good.”

Rock stated, “You maybe right. He has only two major concerns. Us, and his cancer. He has to deal with the cancer soon. The problem is how does he plans to cure himself.”

Benny said, “We do not have a clue how he plans to do that. But knowing him, the cure will likely also aid him in his escape of us.”

Eda grinned, as she agreed, “Probably. But, you got to admit, that he has gotten so good at this, he can do it with the same level of style that we can.” She looked over at Revy, as she said, “Two-hands, you better have my money ready soon.”

Revy turned to Eda, as she said, “Fine.”

Revy thought, 'Even with the money I get from the losers, it is not enough to cover my loses. I have to pay out of pocket. And I was so sure the Roberta would catch him.'

Revy grumbled, “Damn you, Lee.”

Revy looked around the table, as she went onto say, in a normal tone of voice, “Okay losers, fork over your money.”

As the losers of the bet pulled out their money and handed it to Revy, the redhead pulled out some hundred dollar bills from a money clip in her shorts. Along with her pen, and the notepad she wrote down the bet on.

A few minutes later, Revy had received the money from the losers, and paid the winners what they were owed. And fortunately, she still has some cash left over, from her own pocket. She also put her pen and notepad back into her pockets, as well.

Revy thought, with mild relief, 'At least I don't have to go back to the island for some more funds. And that didn't hurt me to much in my wallet.'

As everyone sat back down, in their chairs around the table, Aeryn asked, “That place Lee entered. We did not see a lot that place. But, with defensive weapons like that, I would think it would be a fortress.”

Akira stated, “You are likely correct, Aeryn. Since the news report stated they were traveling on William Edgars memorial highway, I would guess Lee, and his friend, just entered the main headquarters for Edgars Industries.”

Akira looked around the table, as she continued, “For those that done know, Edgars Industries is an intergalactic corporation with a lot of power, and a lot of political pull. They are also one of the largest drug companies in the human areas of this galaxy. They are likely the ones that had the news broadcast stopped.”

Natsuru asked, with slight concern in her tone of voice, “At this point in time, isn't Garibaldi currently running that company?”

Lotton answered, “Yes. And that is probably why Lee went there. Garibaldi, in his fortress, is one of the few people on this planet with the power and resources to make even us stop and think for a few seconds. We won't be rushing into there until we are ready.”

Aeryn asked, “Who is this Garibaldi fellow?”

Violin answered, “She is talking about Michael Garibaldi. He is a major human badass in this reality. Though, he is retired military, he is not a hardcore fighter. He is more of the detective style badass. Though, he is fairly skilled at flying a starfighter. Or, I should say, starfury? He has been running the Edgars Industries corporation for around two decades. By now, he likely knows the company, and what he can do with it, inside and out.”

Ranma stated, “I have seen the B Five series. If we are going to take that place, to get to Lee, we are going to need to organize, and get some serious hardware.”

Rock said, “I think I can come up with something by tomorrow. But, I think we need to get a few hours sleep, before we make our next move.”

Aeryn replied, “Agreed.”

Balalaika commented, “It has been a long day.”

B turned to Balalaika, as she said, “We will get some sleep in a little while.”

Rock stated, “Okay. We will meet back in a little over four hours.”

Most of the women nodded, or shrugged, in agreement. The others just did not feel like nodding.

Just then, Fabiola rushed into the restaurant. She saw the women at the table. She ran to where she stopped ten feet from the table. She breathed heavily, as sweat covered her forehead, and under her clothing.

Between breaths, she asked the women seated at the table, “Did we get him? You were not answering the radio, nor Roberta. So, did we?”

The women looked over at her. Akira stated, “Nope. Roberta just missed him. She probably will be heading back here, in a little while.”

Fabiola deflated, as she her breathing started to ease. She said, “Okay. If you see her, tell her that I have gone to our room to get cleaned up. And I will be down here to meet her, as soon as possible.”

Akira replied, “Will do.”

Fabiola turned and left the restaurant, for the lobby elevators, so she head to her suite, get a much needed shower, and change her clothes.

After Fabiola left, the women turned back to look at each other, as Rock though, 'Now, is a good as time as any to contact the Knights Sabers.' She politely requested, “Well guys, I need a moment of quiet, as I contact the Knight Sabers. Before they decide to try to get to Lee on their own.”

Aeryn commented, “From what was just stated, that would be a very unwise idea.”

Violin agreed, “Yes. There is no telling what Garibaldi has in his fortress. And with his skills and guile, he might be able to defeat the Knight Sabers, even if they attack him with their full forces.”

Rock stated, “Exactly.” She then used her right hand pulled our, from her clothing, her encrypted, hand held radio. She turned it on, and pressed the talk button. She said, into it, in english, “Knight Sabers. Please, pick up.” She mentally added, 'I might as well state this in english. So, everyone here can understand what is being said.'

A few seconds later, on the other end of the line, Sylia replied, in english, “Yes, Rock.”

Rock said, “We know where Lee is.”

On the other end of the line, Sylia commented, in a dry tone of voice, “We saw the new broadcast of the chase, as well.”

Rock responded, “Yes. But, you may not be aware of identity of the man that controls the fortress that Lee just made it into. As such, please give me five hours to come up with a plan. Given the night Lee has had, he is not going to be in the shape to travel, for at least the rest of the night. I will contact you then, with a plan.”

A few second later, over the radio, Sylia replied, “Understood.”

Rock replied, “Thank you.”

Rock then turned off the radio, put it away, from where she had kept on her clothing.

Revy quietly said, “Well, that went well.”

Benny stated, “Okay. Now, that is done. We can talk about something a little more fun. You know, Lee is as crazy as Roberta. And he is about as crazy as the Mexican and the Lawyer.”

Rock asked, “Who?”

Dutch said, “Two guys we ran into, a while back. We just never told you about them, because we had our reasons.” She mentally reflected, 'Like some of the clues they dropped in their conversation with us.'

Dutch continued, “And while they are crazy. They are not crazy in the ultra violent way Roberta is. More like Lee's verity of crazy. In how creative and risk taking they were. We met them was soon after Revy and I rescued Benny, here, in Florida. We found ourselves in Caracas, Venezuela for a day. That night we went to a bar to get some drinks, and we got into a massive gunfight.”

Revy quickly commented, “That was not our fault, at all.”

There was some mild giggling from a few of the women at the table.

Benny stated, “Yes. Revy is right about that. It was the first gunfight, in a bar, that I was ever in. And yet, the Mexican and the Lawyer acted so calm. Like they had been through gunfights in bars, so many times, that it didn't bother them. The scary thing is that after so many gunfights in the Yellowflag, I can relate to them on that point.”

Akira asked, “Isn't Caracas where Fabiola, Roberta, and Garcia, are from?”

Eda mentioned, “And Rico.”

Eda did not show it on the outside, but she felt concern, as mentally reflected, 'Revy one time mentioned this bar fight. And what happened. Including, the Mexican and the Lawyer. And she even mentioned when. Though, Revy never gave me the details on where this the bar fight happened. And now that I know. If this is the bar fight I think it is. And it does fit the time line. Then, I may have had a hand in unknowingly starting that bar fight... Not that I am going to tell anyone here about my role in this mess.'

Dutch mentioned, “Yes. I guess so on, both counts. And it is an interesting tale. Even for us. About an hour after we got into the bar, and got some drinks at the counter, these two men enter the building, and they walk up to the counter, as well. And they start talking to each other. Then, Revy made a crack about them. And that is how our conversation started. They did not give us their names. They just called themselves, the Mexican and the Lawyer.”

Revy cursed herself, “Oh crap, I owe the lawyer two grand on a bet I made with him.”

Rock asked, “What was the bet?”

Revy stated, “That I would end up with a tightass Japanese man that preferred a suit and tie, instead

Natsuru guessed, “They were from the future?”

Dutch agreed, “Given some of the other stuff they said. Which Revy here likely do not remember. That is what Benny and I thought, as well. The morning after.” She turned to Rock and Janet, as she stated, “That is why we never told you two, nor anyone else about that night.”

Eda thought, 'Oh... This is getting interesting. I am going to love telling Yolanda about this.'

Benny stated, “Dutch and I felt it was best not to talk about it. And given the craziness in our lives, we didn't want to add even more craziness the mix.”

Rock said, “I fully understand.”

Janet commented, “It is best that you did not. So, I am sure there were other clues about them being time travelers.”

Dutch stated, “Yes. There were. the Mexican was the person that originally told me about Roanapur, and gave me directions to it. He even called it a gangsters’ paradise. And we all know for a fact that Chang occasionally called Roanapur that.”

Balalaika commented, “That is correct.”

Revy looked over at Dutch and Benny, as she stated, “I didn't know that those two were from the future. Not that I am upset about you two keeping that from me. But, that means they knew the effect that alcohol has on me. And the Lawyer still introduced me to rum. If I see that lawyer again, I am going to have words with that lawyer, over that.”

Ranma whispered to Akira and Natsuru, “Talk about a subtle form of corruption.”

Akira and Natsuru just lightly giggled at their lover's comment.

Benny stated, “That was not all. Some of the statements they made. Including a few quotes, raised some questions. Such as a quote, that the Lawyer said, that both of them claimed was a movie quote. But, at the time, it was just a book quote. Later, they did make a good movie out of that book in question.”

Violin asked, “What movie did he quote?”

Benny answered, “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.”

Violin commented, “That would fit their situation, so well.”

Shenhua asked, “Okay. They were crazy. But, how savvy were they?”

Dutch stated, “While those two men were crazy. We should all know. We have met a few. Those two were not as crazy as Lee. Though, they were just as smart, and savvy.”

Benny responded, “Dutch is right. For example, though we didn't know who she was at the time. During out conversation with them. Roberta walked in through the front door in combat fatigues, and military cap.”

Revy exclaimed, “Roberta was there?!”

Benny turned to Revy, as she answered, “Yea. You don't remember, because you have problems remembering people that you don't deal with everyday, or don't impress you in a fight. And at the time Roberta didn't do either.”

Revy sheepishly admitted, “You're right about that.”

Eda thought, 'So, Revy never gave me all the details of that event, because she doesn't clearly remember what happened. That figures.'

Benny turned to the rest of the women a the table, as she calmly stated, “Anyway, Roberta came to the bar counter. She was one side of those two at the counter. We three were on the other side. Soon after the Mexican and Lawyer saw her, the Mexican bought her a drink. And from what I could make out from the spanish they were saying to each other, it was her favorite drink.”

Lotton inquired, “Let me get this straight. This time traveler, whom likely knew who she was. At least good enough to get her a drink she liked? Meaning he also knew of her past, and he was still coming on to her?”

Benny answered, “Yes.”

Lotton flatly stated, “He is crazy.”

Ranma pointed out, “Garcia also has a relationship with Roberta, and he is not crazy.”

Lotton countered, “Oh, Garcia is likely crazier than most of us. He is just polite about it.”

Ranma conceded, “You may have a point there.” She then looked over at Benny, as she requested, “Please continue.”

Benny heard Ranma's request. She commented, “I would be more than happy too... So, looking back on it. This is one of the reasons we think those two are crazy. And the Mexican even doubled down, as he knowingly started putting the moves on Roberta. All the while knowing who she was, what she would become, and that the Colombian cartel was after her. And it was working. Honestly, I think if they had been given some more time together, she would have slept with him.”

Sawyer stated, in disbelief, “That man has a death wish.”

Shenhua turned to Sawyer, as she countered, “I won't be so sure. The audacity of knowingly trying to do so would likely be worth the attempt. Half of the dates I went on, in Roanapur, before I got to know you, and met Lotton, started that way. With the guy knowing who I was, and what I did, beforehand. I honestly admired those men for still having the guts to ask me out on a date. I did not take all of the ones that asked me, up on a date. But, I did admire them for asking. I even let them live, even if I turned them down. And most of those dates ended well. After a night of decent, to good, sex.”

Sawyer looked over at Shenhua, as she inquired, “And the others?”

Shenhua coyly replied, “Well, we will not talk about them.”

Sawyer inquired, in a strong, concerned tone of voice, “You didn't trick me into carving up a few of your living ex-boyfriends? With me thinking that Chang wanted them dead? Did you?”

Shenhua shrugged, as she casually said, “Hmm... Maybe one, or two...”

Sawyer accused, “Those are the ones you personally paid me in cash, for? Instead, of using the usual third party drop offs for the cash.”

Shenhua nodded, as she pointed out, “Though, given that was your previous job. At the time, I didn't see a problem.”

Sawyer explained, “The problem is, I don't like being lied to as to why someone is being killed. And who wants them dead... Though, I will have still done the job, since you paid me. I just like to know who I am killing for, before I do the killing, and disposal.”

Shenhua replied, “Good.”

Sawyer deadpanned, “Though, we are going to talk about this, when we get to our room, tonight.”

Shenhua sighed.

Sawyer turned to Benny, as she requested, “Now, go ahead, Benny.”

Lotton leaned over to whisper into Violin's right ear, “Could I bunk with you guys tonight?”

Violin softly replied back, “Sure. We even got an extra bed, in our suite, you can use.”

Lotton said, “Thanks.”

Benny went onto say “And then there was that stunt the Mexican pulled, soon after. When the local cartel members finally showed up, and came into the bar with their their automatic rifles. They were pointed their rifles at Roberta. They even called her Bloodhound at the time. And the Mexican, whom was right beside her, pulled his semi-automatic pistol on them, while saying some badass line. It went, something, armed bastards.”

With a smile on her lips, Balalaika calmly said, in an amused tone of voice, “He said. Don't move. You're surrounded by armed bastards... I have to admit that is a cool line.”

Akira said, “I have heard that line from somewhere, before. But, I cannot place it.”

Natsuru commented, “Same here. It is just been so long ago.”

Benny turned to Balalaika, as she inquired, with interest in her voice, “You were there?”

B answered for Balalaika, “Yes. We were on one side of the room, Chang and his group was on the other side.”

Balalaika commented, “To be exact, Those that attacked were members of the Manisarera Cartel. It their attack, on us, that night, which set me on the course to eventually destroy that cartel.”

Akira stated, “So, that's why you were so hostile towards that cartel, in the series?”

Balalaika grin became a little wider, as she answered, “Yes. And unlike others, I do still, clearly remember what was said that night. Though, I don't remember what the Mexican and the Lawyer look like. But, when the Bloodhound did show up Roanapur, I just had to lend a hand. I was already going to destroyed that cartel. So, helping the Bloodhound, that one time, was just icing on the cake.”

Revy inquired, “So sis, the whole reason you brought out the Vozdushno-Desantnye Vojska, that time, was?...”

Balalaika’s smile turned into a smirk, as she answered, “Yes. I did it just to stick to the Manisarera cartel. And to keep you two from killing each other. Also, though at the time, I had him beat up. I left Abrego alive, because killing him would have ruined the mood I had set for that day.”

Balalaika mentally reflected, 'Plus, with him left alive, and his cartel crippled back in South America, he would likely have remained in charge of the Roanapur branch. Which is what happened. Afterward, he knew never to cross me. Which he never did, after that.'

'And I allowed him a few impotent insults towards me, during the meetings of the families, because I knew, that he knew, that I know, that he would never try anything against me. And I got such a kick out of thinking about that fact.'

Benny commented, “I sometimes forget how vindictive you can be. But, you are practical, in your actions.”

Balalaika's lips curled into positively wicked smirk, as she turned to Benny. She replied, with a touch of warmth in her voice, “Thank you.”

Benny slowly inquired, with concern, “On which point?”

While still grinning, Balalaika said, “Both.”

Rock stated, “That being said. After all we know now. It would take an army to keep those two from killing other.”

Balalaika deadpanned, “That is why I brought an army, when I came to meet the Bloodhound.”

There was some mild laughter from some of the women at the table. Including, Revy, and Balalaika.

As those that laughed, calmed down, Revy looked over Rock, as she warmly smile. She said, “I will take your statement as a compliment.”

Rock turned to looked at Revy, as she returned her lover's smile. She replied, “Good. Because, it was intended as such.”

Balalaika turned to looked at the other end of the table, and the Lagoon parents, as she inquired, “Still, why did you not recognize the maid as the Bloodhound, when she came to the Roanapur, for the first time? That is not like you, Dutch. You are usually as sharp as I am, on such matters.”

Dutch answered, “Well, thank you for the compliment, Balalaika. But, at the time, we were more concerned with trying to survive her rampage. And the previous time we saw here, she was in green fatigues, a green military cap, with no glasses. And her hair was in a ponytail. The maids uniform, bonnet, glasses, and pigtails threw us.”

Benny agreed, “Yea. And when you are on the business end of one of her rampages. You are not thinking about the distant past. You are thinking about the immediate future. Or, lack there of. And she was a little bit more rational, back in Caracas.”

Dutch commented, “But, we did piece that part of the puzzle together, after she finished her second return to the city. After she was crippled, and when back, with Garcia and Fabiola, to South America. But, before Akira showed up.”

Benny mentioned, “Dutch and I talked about it in private. And we decided not to talk about it with anyone else, because it would have only complicated all our lives.”

Balalaika stated, “You would have been correct.”

Dutch and Benny then let out a sigh of relief, as they realized that no one would hold the secrets, they had just admitted to, against them.

Janet questioned, “So, you recognized Roberta, then, Balalaika?”

Balalaika causally answered, “Yes. After that night in Caracas, I kept tabs on her, from time to time.”

Akira inquired, “That is why, in the series, you so quickly realized Roberta was a soldier, and you called her, a rabid dog, then? You knew who she was, at the time?”

Balalaika said, “Exactly. And that was why I was so careful.”

Natsuru complimented, “Those were intelligent moves on your part.”

Balalaika casually replied, “Thank you.”

Nearby, Eda showed no outward expression, as she thought, with inward surprise, and concern, 'Oh no... It is the bar fight I was thinking about. I did accidentally have a hand in that bar fight. But, I was clearly not alone in lighting the match to that firestorm. I am just glad that I was only involved in a third party manner. And my friends here have no clue of my role in that night. And I hope they never do.'

'Still, it might be best not to think about such events. Especially at the casino, so River, nor someone, picks up my thoughts on such matters. And if River does already know, and she confronts me about it. I will just bribe her to keep her mouth shut, because she is nice to me.'

'Besides, it was years ago. Long before any of us knew each other. I was not intentionally trying to start that bar fight. And I was under orders... I should be fine. Especially, given they are just now letting Dutch and Benny offer the hook. Immediately after coming clean about their part in this mess.'

Dutch stated, “Damn. I guess nearly everyone was there. It must have been like a god damn convention for those two. And it explains, at the time, how the Mexican already knew nearly everyone in the room was armed.”

Sawyer said, “Which only shows how much crazier those two are.”

Janet turned to Revy, as she asked, “Do you remember any of that event?”

Revy turned to Janet, as she commented, “At this point, I only remember bits and pieces.”

Janet questioned, “Were you drunk, then? You did mention that you were introduced to rum there.”

Revy answered, “Actually, I was mostly sober.”

Janet asked, “Then, what do you remember?”

Revy responded, “Well, that was were I first saw Chang...” She turned to looked at Balalaika's, as she continued, “And sis here. And that is where I saw Chang use that dual wielding trick with his pistols. I loved that trick so much, it drove me to learn how to fight with two pistols at once. I even got the chance to learn a thing, or two, from Chang, himself.”

Nearby, Rock overheard Revy. She giggled. She then commented, “Talk about a closed loop.”

Revy turned to Rock, as she asked, “What do you mean?”

Rock looked over at Revy, as she inquired, “You didn't read all the stories? Did you?”

Revy admitted, “I read books one and two. But, I got tired. So, I just skimmed books three and four.”

Rock thought, with annoyance, 'That figures. I am impressed she had the attention span to read what she did.'

Rock calmly stated, “You remember that time I was with you three, when you were chasing Bob in Hong Kong, and you shanghaied that young police rookie to come with us, during that chase?”

Revy smiled, as she recalled those events of her life. She said, “Yes. Vaguely. I don't remember much of it, now. But, for some reason, I got a kick out of meeting the rookie. Though, during the chase, while he was sitting in back, between Sawyer and Shenhua.”

“And he completely freaked out. Though, we were nice enough to let him go, afterward. And except for frayed nerves, he was fine when we left him.”

Rock thought, 'I am not surprised she forgot. Now, to remind her.' She said, “Well afterward, I called the police station he was with. And I got in touch with him. I found out who he was. He was Chang.”

Revy questioned, “No shit?”

Rock confirmed, “Yes. You inspired him to learn how to shoot with two pistols at once. And he eventually did the same for you. With neither of you, at the time, realizing it was the other who inspired you. In a closed temporal loop.” She mentally added, 'Though, I am sure that Chang likely realizes it now, after reading those stories.”

Revy thought about what Rock said for a few seconds.

Akira, whom overheard Janet, Revy, and Rock's conversation. She turned Revy, as she commented, “Don't feel bad, Revy. There is so much material in those stories, that it is had to keep track of everything.”

Sawyer commented, “True. I read the stories, as well. And I remember meeting Chang in that chase. But, how would Lee know that Revy here would be inspired by Chang?”

Lotton stated, “He clearly didn't. But, given the way his mind likely works. He likely came from the angle that since it is a fact that Revy and Chang knew each other long enough, that Revy respected Chang. And the series hinted that Chang taught Revy. Lee probably found that it would humorous if Revy had accidentally inspired Chang in the first place, to learn to shoot to pistols at once. So, that is what he wrote.”

Sawyer agreed, “That makes sense, in a very twisted way.”

Just then, Revy then began laughing for a few seconds. As she calmed down, she stated, “Well, the irony of the situation is not lost on me.”

Akira teased, “The great Revy strikes again. Still, you both inspired me as well, so I am not one to talk.”

By then, the other women at the table had begun to pay attention to what was being said by Janet, Revy, Rock, and Akira.

Aeryn questioned, “In such a situation, who do we call teacher and student?”

Natsuru commented, “I think inspirations would be a better term for them.”

Aeryn responded, “I can see your point.”

Ranma commented, “Well the term, role models, would definitely not work for these two.”

Everyone at the table got a good chuckle out of Ranma's comment. Even Revy.

Revy was the first to calm down, as she said, without a hint of malice in her voice, “Okay, ladies. Laugh it up. And get it out of your systems.”

As everyone else calmed down, Dutch turned to Revy. She smiled, as she commented, “There is something poetic about you two inspiring each other to be badasses. Speaking of which, that night, the Mexican also kicked some ass. And he seemed to have acted like a teacher to us.”

“Especially, to Revy, here. And Roberta. He lead us to the back door, where a group of cartel members were waiting behind some cars, to kill anyone whom tried to escape that way.”

“After Roberta unloaded the rest of her gun, there were around twelve of them left breathing. That was when things got interesting. He literally demonstrated how to be a badass to us. Such as running towards armed men, and showing us how to effective use of a melee weapons in a close combat situation.”

Benny commented, “The Mexican was like a surgeon with his baseball bat.”

Dutch looked over at Benny. She agreed, Yea.” She then looked back at the rest of the them, as she continued, “Even Roberta, at the time agreed, with Revy that the Mexican was nuts to run into a possible line of fire. But, when it was over, he was unharmed, and the cartel members were dead. And after he did all this. He walked back to us with this insanely feral grin, that even scared Revy and Roberta.”

Several of the women lightly giggled at the thought of Revy and Roberta both being scared of someone.

Revy snapped, in a slightly elevated tone of voice, “I wasn't scared of him.”

The giggling got a little louder, for the next few seconds.

While the giggling faded, Benny smirked, as she said, “Yea right. I saw the look on both of your faces. That is the only time in my life that I have ever seen Roberta genuinely afraid of anyone. And you were just as scared as her.”

Revy admitted, in a normal tone of voice, “Okay. I was scared of him. With that crazy grin of his.”

Benny pointed out, “Where do you think he got that grin from?”

Revy thought over her friend's comment for a few seconds. Then, her jaw dropped. As she collected herself, she questioned, “You're kidding?”

Benny shook her head, as she responded, “Nope. They made a few jokes that allowed Dutch and I to have a few clues to figured out some things. They even mentioned the terms, two-hands, and the maid. The next morning, at sea, with you going on and on about learning to shoot with a pistol in both hands, at once.”

“Dutch and I figured you would become, two-hands. Figuring the purple haired girl would become the maid was academic. But, while we did realize that Roberta was dangerous, given the cartel did call her Bloodhound, in front of us. And they sent a small army after her. We did not see her do so much that night. As such, we didn't learn what the maid could really was until years later, when she first came to Roanapur.”

“And during that conversation on that boat, as we left Caracas the next morning, we both knew that if you two ever met again, it would end in a fight between the two of you.”

Revy asked, “Really?”

Dutch spoke for her friend, “Yes. Given your personality. You always look for a challenge. And having another badass come to town would be a perfect test for your skills. Unfortunately, as we were saying, when that happened, and you to finally met, we had other things on our minds. Such, as saving our own skins.”

Revy said, “That is understandable.”

Ranma questioned, “So, let me get this straight. These two guys from the future, that know you, show you how to be badasses? And they inspire you to become the badasses you are today?”

Revy looked over at Rock, as she admitted, “Pretty much.”

Benny said, “And from the way they talked to us, it was like they knew us for a while. But, I don't remember meeting either other them. Even to this day.”

Janet suggested, “Could they have met us from our futures? It would not be the first time that has happened.”

Benny said, “That is possible. Or, they are from a parallel reality of the Black Lagoon series.”

Dutch stated, “Well, right before the Mexican killed the last cartel member, he said something. I just cannot remember what.”

Revy stated, “The Mexican called himself the creature from the Laguna Negra... Hey, I did remember that part. And it was kind of a cool statement.”

Rock's jaw dropped at what her lover said.

Revy looked over at Rock, as she asked, with concern in her voice, “What is it?”

Rock collected herself, as she inquired, “Revy, Laguna Negra is spanish. Do you know what the english translation of it is?”

Revy replied, “No.”

Rock stated, “Black Lagoon.”

Suddenly, the realization of Rock's comment hit Revy, as her eyes went wide.

Natsuru stated, “The two of them are not a pair of time travelers. They are reality travelers.”

Benny stated, “Oh god. They are. While the Mexican was tearing hell out of those cartel members, the Lawyer kept going on and on how his friend was nothing compared to the crazy women from their home town.”

“Given the level of badass the Mexican was displaying, I asked if they were from hell. Because, I genuinely wondered if they were.”

“The Lawyer answered, no. But, that the devil likely owns a hotel there. The Devils Hotel. They are from Plata Podrido. He was talking about us. They are from our future. Not a parallel version of us. But, from our own future.”

Balalaika stated, “To add to your statements, Dutch, and Benny, I also suspect the Lawyer was the one, that set the spark to our standoff with the cartel, into a gunfight. And I believe he did so, intentionally.”

“Before the cartel arrived, for Roberta. I saw that that he had left the bar counter, with his bottle in hand. He went to sit at a table, near the entrance to the room.”

“While at the table, the Lawyer was met by three women that had entered the bar. I do not remember what the three women look like. But, I did remember they were women. And I am fairly sure that none of us were them. Even though, I don't recall their faces.”

“The cartel arrive, and the Mexican spoke to cartel leader. As he was protecting Roberta.”

“Anyway, the Lawyer looked like he was having a good time with the three women, whom sat down at his table. Even after the cartel had arrived.”

And after his friend made was protecting Roberta. The Lawyer was slowly pushing the bottle he had to the edge of the table. Until it eventually went over the edge and dropped to the floor. With the crash of the bottle on the floor, causing one of the cartel members to shoot, in response. And thus starting the fight. But, the odd thing was he started ducking under the table right before the bottle hit the ground. Like he knew what he was doing would cause the gunfight.”

“Which was kind of obvious. But still, it makes me wonder if he fully realized the storm he was about to create.”

Benny commented, “All evidence we have would point to the answer being an emphatic, yes.”

Balalaika nodded once, as she replied, “Well then. These two men are as crazy as we suspect.”

Revy asked, “When the Lawyer broke the bottle, did he use his forearm to push the bottle off the table.”

Balalaika answered, “Yes.”

Revy cursed, “Damn it. That is basically what I did to start the fight between the cartel members and Fabiola at the Yellowflag. When she first came to town. The two of them have no only met us, they have seen our series.”

Janet asked, “As strange, and juicy, as this information is. There is am important question we have not yet asked. Are we going to tell the Garcia, and maids about this?”

Lotton suggested, “We should wait on telling them. Garcia is too close to the maids. And right now, it is clear that the maids are not in a talkative mood. Especially after losing Lee. Fabiola here was just to tired to be vicious for, right now. And this information would only make them more... Unpredictable.”

Dutch stated, “I fully agree.”

Lotton looked over at Dutch, as she smiled. She went on to say, “Since this deals with people will we meet in the future. We will just way until the Mexican and the Lawyer reveal themselves to us. Then, we will tell the members of the Lovelace house hold what is going on. At the very least, by that time, we will have likely long ago sorted out this current mess, dealing with Lee. And, by then, the maids will have had time to calm down.”

Janet agreed, “We can hope.”

Benny said, “I like that your idea, Lotton.”

Balalaika commented, “I can go along with this.”

B said, “Yes. It is simple, and workable.”

Akira complimented, “I do admire a person that understands the better part of temporal mechanics.”

Lotton looked over at Akira. She smiled, as she replied, “Thank you, Akira.”

Akira returned Lotton's smile.

Violin stated, “I agree, as well. Though, it doesn't really matter at the moment. As Lotton pointed out. We will see them, eventually. We just have to wait. And we sure as hell are not tell the maids, right now. With them being so pissed off and focused on Lee. Also, since we all have the longevity to do so, we can wait. As such, for right now, we should focus on capturing Lee.”

Revy responded, “You're right, Violin. Now, before we head to our rooms, to get some sleep. There is one other matter we need to talk about, first.” Revy then looked over, across the table, at Balalaika and B. Her lips curled into a mischievous grin, as she said, “Sis, B, let us talk about when, where, and how, you two would like us to throw your babyshower.”

Both russian lovers became visibly uncomfortable at Revy's comment, as they watched the rest of their group turn to face them, with the other women wearing equally mischievous grins on their faces.

Balalaika quickly said, in a nervous tone of voice, “No need to do that on our account.”

B swiftly added, in an equally nervous tone of voice, “Yes. We are just fine.”

Revy mischievous grin curled into a smirk, as she said, “Oh. But, we insist.”

The two russian lovers tried to talk their way out of their embarrassing situation, with it becoming an increasingly losing battle for them, until they relented and allowed their friends to two a babyshower for the two of them.

With them all soon planning on heading up to their room, to get some sleep.

Though, through the entire conversation, no one had so far noticed the electronic bugs placed in the room.

(_)

At that moment, elsewhere in the Black Sheep Inn, a few stories up, inside Malcolm Reynolds hotel suite, Mal, his crew, and the Bebop crew, were listening in on the Lagoon group's conversation, as they recorded the event in its entirety. Both audio and video.

Mal had made sure to get a suite in the inn away from everyone, so prevent any prying, enhanced hearing, ears, from overhearing what they were doing.

The bugs in the restaurant has been places earlier that day. And the bugs were sending encrypted, wireless signals to an open laptop computer, that was set at the head of one of the two beds, in the room.

Currently, Mal, Zoe, and Simon were sitting on the bed, with the laptop computer, as they listening from the speakers on laptop, and white the video feed from the screen, to the conversation in the bar.

On the another bed, further away from the door, than the first bed, Kaylee and Jetta were on the bed working with some other electronics, that they had brought into the room, with them.

At the table and chairs, on the far sit of the room, from the door, sat Inara, Spike, Faye, and Jayne were sitting in chairs, around the table.

Jayne had almost fully recovered the blow that Lee made to his crotch.

The four adults were playing some poker, with money.

By Jayne's chair, near a nightstand on the wall, was his unloaded Vera weapon, ammo, and its severed barrel.

Surprisingly, Jayne was currently winning the poker game. With Spike having slightly less money than Jayne, on the table. Inara had a respectable about of money, as well. While Faye was about to go bust.

Inara shuffled the deck, and as she dealt the cards.

Spike picked up her cards, as she turned to Jayne. She flatly asked, “So, how are your balls doing, Jayne?”

Given spike one that last hand, she was the first one to bet for the current hand. She placed the bet into the poker pot, in the center of the table.

Jayne was next. Jayne looked at his cards, as he placed his bet. He then turned to Spike, as he answered, “I am still a bit sore. But, I will be fine. And it was my fault for not wearing a cup. Desperate people do desperate things, when cornered.”

Spike complimented, “It take a man to admit that.”

Jayne replied, “Thank you.”

Inara played her bet, as she looked over at Faye. She casually suggested, “Faye, you probably walk away when you still have a little money left.”

Instead of placing a bet. Faye took Inara's suggestion.

Faye folded her cards, and picked up what little money she had left on the table. As she pocket her money, on the right pocket of her yellow denim shorts. She looked up at Inara, as she agreed, “You are right, Inara. I should walk away while I still can. Though, I think I will just sit and watch.”

Inara calmly said, “That will be fine.”

Spike, Jayne, and Inara discards a few cards. And Inara replaced them with cards from the deck.

Spike looked at her cards, and saw that she now had a good hand. She raised the bet. She then turned towards Faye, as she commented, “I am surprised you are showing such restraint, Faye.”

Faye warmly smiled towards Spike, as she answered, “Don't be. While Lee may have screwed you. He helped me. He arranged for me to get help for my gambling addiction, and my debt problems. Both are now long since taken care of... I would not be able to hold a job at the casino if I still had a gambling problem.”

“Though, I am still unlucky with the ponies and the cards. But, that is another matter of skill, and luck, or lack there of. Also, Lee gave me a great lifetime, a nice fortune, and he arranged for my youth to be restored. And with that super-soldier serum, I, along with you, Jet, and Julia, are going to be young and healthy for a very long time.”

Inara looked up from her cards, as she asked, “So, why did you still try to kill, Lee?”

Faye pointed out, “I said he helped me. I did not say he was my friend. While Spike is. And what he did to Spike deserves a measure of retribution.”

Inara conceded, “Perhaps. But, a bullet is likely not the proper punishment.”

Spike admitted, “Well, thoughts of revenge do cloud one's judgment.”

Inara said, “I am glad you realize that.”

Jayne continued looking at his cards, as he placed his bet. He sternly interrupted, in annoyed tone of voice, “Are we going to play this hand of cards? Or not?”

Faye turned to Jayne, as she commented, “Just be happy we are not playing strip poker, with girls only. And with bikini tops and bottoms, under the clothing, for the players.”

In response, Jayne looked around the table, at the three women he was playing. He lecherously smiled, as he commented, “Personally, I get a kick out of those games. Even when I was one of the female players.

The others at the table laughed a little at Jayne's comment.

As they did so, Jayne thought, 'Unfortunately, there are ways to tell that a woman is sexually aroused. Before I could change genders back and forth, I thought that was not the case. With the only way to tell if someone was aroused was for men, with an erection... Boy, was I wrong. After we all started changing back and forth, I learned quick that one could tell a woman was aroused by their face blushing, her being wet down there, and breasts temporally becoming... More... Perky...'

'And the knowledge I got from changing genders helped my sex life a lot.'

'Of course, it did make those games at striped poker more interesting, because hiding one's sexual attraction at that game was very difficult.'

'But, those thoughts are for later. Right now, I need to focus on this game. Considering, I am currently winning it.'

Inara played her bet, as she said, in a joyous tone of voice, “Jayne, you always were one to know when to just relax, and have fun.'

Jayne smile turned more casual, as he rhetorically asked, “What is life without a little fun?”

Faye turned to Spike, as she commented, “Speaking of bikinis. After Jet was forced have the vat process, I am surprised she was so willing to go shopping for bikinis with us. You, on the other hand, I was not surprised, because you spent years as a woman. Jet, on the other hand, has not.”

Spike looked over at Faye, as she said, “Well, we were invited to those Lagoon bikini parties for the first time. And Jet could never turn down an invite to a good party.”

While sitting onto top of a nearby bed, Jetta continued working on some electronic with Kaylee. She did not look up from her work, as she stated, “You are right about that.”

Faye let out a laugh. She then agree, “True. And I had a great time.”

Spike said, “So did Julia and I. And speaking of those parties...” She turned to Jayne, as she commented, “Jayne, I heard that when you, and the rest of the Serenity crew, here, were first invited to the Lagoon bikini parties. That the girls here had to drag you, Simon, and Mal into the bikini shops, as women, to get you some clothing for those girls only parties.”

Jayne looked at his cards, as he showed no real emotion to Spike's claim. He casually said, “Well, you heard wrong. Yes. We were all women at the time. With Simon going willingly into that shop. I don't want to know what Kaylee did to get Simon to willingly go.”

“On the other hand, I was bribed. For a respectable amount. I might add. But, Mal had to be dragged in their by Zoe and River. The only two women in existence that the captain would never dare pick a fight with, at the same time.”

Nearby, Mal was doing his best to ignore their conversation.

Faye said, “I bet that was an interesting experience for all of you.”

Inara looked over at Faye, as she said, in a relaxed tone of voice, “Oh it was.” She turned to Jayne, as she complimented, “I was surprised to find, during that shopping trip, that Jayne has such good taste in styles and colors of bikinis. She picked out a few nice ones for herself. And couple for Kaylee, and I.”

Jayne stated, in a casual tone of voice, “Thank you. And well, all I did was think what I would like a woman to wear, but she was afraid to do so. And that is what I picked out for you, Kaylee, and myself.”

Faye and Spike burst out laughing at Jayne's bluntness. While Inara commented, in a dry tone of voice, “I retraced my previous statement.” She thought, 'Though, I still think the bikinis were nice.'

Inara's comment made Faye and Spike laugh even laugh louder.

As the two women calmed down, Faye said, “Not to sound insulting. But sometimes, I wonder which of you two were more the whore... Well, before you quit that profession, Inara.”

Inara thought, 'Well, I didn't exactly quit. More as, I presently manage the spa at the casino, and I don't do the sex part of my job. Though, a companion has a lot more skills than just sex. But, that is another matter. Now, for some payback.'

Inara smiled, as she responded, “None taken. And well there are a few things that I would never do for money, that Jayne here would still likely do for a payment, or two..”

Jayne looked at his cards, as he calmly retorted, “True. But, none of them involved me spreading my legs, for someone.”

Both Spike and Faye giggled at Jayne's comment, for a few seconds.

Inara actually found Jayne's retort to be funny. And she was trying hard not to show her response, as she thought, with amusement, 'I admit it. That was a good come back. And arguing will get us nowhere. There is something I would like to ask Spike about.'

Inara changed the subject, as she turned to Spike, as she commented, “I was wondering. Is there anything Lee could do, to make up for what he did, without dying, or suffering.”

Spike looked over at Inara. She shrugged, as she said, “I don't know. I will have to think about question. Still, I wonder why some of you admire, Lee? But, at least let us get this hand finished.” She played some money on the table, for the amount of the current bet, as she stated, “I called.”

Spike, Jayne, and Inara laid out their hands of cards.

Jayne has three of kind. Spike has a flush. And Inara had a full house, thus Inara won the hands.

Faye looked at the cards and she saw that she would have still lost the hand. She thought, 'I still would have lost that hand of cards. But, at least my life is better at the moment.'

After Inara collected the cards, and the pot, she looked back up at Spike. She calmly said, “Spike, that is a fair response. I am not sure about the others. But, I admire Lee for him being able to understanding the value of a calm facade... As skill that is rarely appreciated. And only mastered by a few people.”

Inara then became shuffling the cards for the next hand.

As Spike heard Inara's comment, Spike thought, with mild concern, 'Inara's statement could have been taken as a veiled threat. I am starting to understand how Inara can run with a rough crowd like the Serenity crew. She is as dangerous as the rest of them, in her own way. And she is a woman that I do want to intentionally upset. As such, I will give what she says some consideration.'

Spike commented, “I can see your point.”

Inara continued looked at her hands, as she shuffled the cards. She said, “I am pleased to hear that.”

A few seconds later, Inara had finished shuffling the cards, and she started dealing the cards again, for Spike, Jayne, and herself.

(_)

On the bed, furthest from the poker players, in the room, Zoe, Simon, and Mal were listening to the laptop speakers, and watching the video on the screen, of the conversation going on at the restaurant downstairs.

Zoe lightly giggled as she watched and listen to Balalaika and B fight a clearly losing battle, with Revy and their friends roping them into having a babyshower thrown for them.

Meanwhile, Simon chose not to respond to what he was view, coming from the hotel restaurant.

And Mal commented on what he heard and saw, “Well, up until the babyshower, that was an interesting conversation.”

Zoe looked over at Mal, as she said, “Yes sir. And we will have to send gifts to their babyshower... When we find out when it is. Now, we just need to get the security recordings of the places that Lee has been to.”

Both of them looked over at Simon.

Simon stated, “It won't be too hard. I have seen the Babylon Five series of the reality. We need to find out where the recordings are stored. Then, we teleport in, pull the data storage crystals they use in this reality, and teleport out. The problem will be the input for the crystals. Once we have them. The computer equipment that Chang uses at the casino does not use crystal inputs.”

On the bed, by then, Kaylee overheard them. She continued to work on the device in her hands, as she stated, “I looked into that. Jet and I found there was an electronics store that sold handshake technology between new and old computer systems. This equipment we are working on. We bought this equipment, with gold. And we have been working on it here, since we got back, after the chase.”

Jet held up a small electronic box, with wires coming out of it, with her human hands. She looked over at Mal, Zoe, and Simon, as she commented, “Not the first time I had to get old gear to work with new gear.”

Mal, Zoe, and Simon turned to Kaylee and Jetta.

Mal said, “Good. As soon as we have collect the information. Including, the audio and videos recording. We will head back to the casino, and I will report to Chang with it. While the rest of you either get some rest, or go back to your jobs there. Which ever you feel like doing.”

Mal thought, 'Though, since I am the one that will be teleporting us back to the casino. I will teleport us in the early afternoon. A little after lunch. Instead of right after we left, in the morning. Sometimes it is good just to yank Chang's chain a little. That even though we now work for him. We are not his blindly loyal servants, whom come to him at his beckoned call.'

'And Chang won't mind. As long as we return with what he wants, within a day of us leaving.'

Jetta turned to Kaylee, as she commented, “That is what I like about this new job. The flexible hours.”

Kaylee looked at Jetta, as she agreed, “That is why I enjoy working for Mal, and Daiyu, as well.”

The two women then went back to working on their electronic equipment.

Mal turned to the adults at the table, as he stated, “Irana, Jayne, Faye, Spike. I will give you twenty minutes to finish you game. And then we are heading out.”

The four adults turned to look over at Mal.

Inara said, “That will be plenty of time.”

Jayne stated, “That works for me, captain.”

Spike responded, “I am okay with it.”

Faye commented, “Since I am already done. I think I will freshen up, before we leave.”

Faye then got up from her seat at the table, as she calmly walked towards the door to the suite, that lead to the hallway. So, she could head to her own room. As the other three players turned back to their game their game.

(_)

Lee's Home Reality. Location, De La Plata Podrido, Mexico. Time, eight PM, local time, of the day after Lee has escape his reality. Place, Chang's private theater, inside Daiyu Palace Casino.

It has been had been less than a day since Lee escaped into another reality and it was currently evening at Daiyu Palace Casino.

Mal, the Serenity Crew, and the Bebop Crew, had returned to the casino, in the early afternoon, just after Chang, River, and Annie, as their guest, had finished their lunch in the penthouse dining room.

With them, they brought all the data crystals, video-audio records, and other information. Then, they spent the afternoon collating the data into a presentable form for Chang.

Chang had ordered River not get involved with her friends work. And Chang had other day to day business to deal with.

Meanwhile, Annie did not care to review such records. So, Annie helped Arcee with security, to allow Mal, Zoe, and Jayne to help Kaylee, Inara, Simon, Jetta, and Faye look over the records they had taken.

The only one of the group that had come back from Mars, that was not working on the data, was Spike. And she was acting as the pit boss for the afternoon. Until, they finished, and Jetta could relieve her, so she could spent some time with her young daughter, Julia.

It was the late afternoon by the time they had finished their work.

Mal personally brought their wealth of information. Which included transcripts, along with audio and video recordings of the night's events in the Babylon Five reality. To Chang, for him to review.

Currently, later that evening, at eight PM, Mal was having a private meeting with Chang, River, and Annie, Chang's private theater in the casino. Also, Arcee was summoning to the meeting.

When Arcee had to travel through the casino, in the view of the patrons there, she did so in motorcycle alt mode. Those that did not know better, thought she was a motorcycle controlled by remote. That she was a toy to show off, to the customers, by the casino management.

Arcee did not mind. They even staged some stunt jumping, and other motorcycle tricks with Arcee in motorcycle mode. Alone, without a rider. Surprisingly, Chang made a nice profit from the shows, and Arcee got to keep half of the ticket sales, for herself.

Meanwhile, as Mal was busy with Chang, others were going back to their usual jobs, or getting some rest, until they were sent back to Mars, to continue their hunt for Lee.

Zoe and Jayne were back at their security jobs. And as the two of them sat at their desks, in their large camera room they usually worked in, during the day. With a few of their subordinates. Jayne used the quiet time to repair his weapon, Vera, back to working order, by replacing the barrel with a spare barrel he had for his weapon.

Jetta was currently acting pit boss from the casino for the evening shift, after relieving Spike of that job, for the day.

Spike was spending time with her daughter, Julia.

Kaylee and Simon were having some private time, with each other.

And Inara, and Faye were getting some rest.

At the moment, in Chang's private theater, Chang and those he had invited to the meeting, had spend the last few hours reviewing the information that Mal, and he group had brought back, and put together.

The lights of the theater room has been dimmed for the viewing of the video on the large screen on the wall, in the front of the room. With the chairs facing the screen. And the room was fairly large, for its type. Also, the theater had nice, flat, red, carpeted floors.

The chairs in the theater were covered in black leather, and were heavily cushion armchairs. The chairs were not attached to each other, nor to the floor. The chairs could recline, and given enough space between rows to do so. And all the chairs were positioned to face the theater screen.

Chang was sitting in his chair, in the front row. There was a swivel dining tray table over his waist, connecting to a metal arm that went over his right armchair. On top of the dining tray table, was a laptop computer, and computer mouse, with the cord of the mouse attached to a USB plug on the laptop. His laptop was wirelessly hooked to the video and audio controls of his theater. Though, like all the wireless equipment in the casino, this signals from Chang's computers in the room were encrypted, as well.

Arcee was sitting on the floor, in robot mode, in an empty space made for her, by the left side of Chang's chair. To Chang's right sat River, then Annie. And behind Chang, to his right, Mal sat in a chair in the second row.

The human in the group were in their usual clothing. Chang was in his usual black suit. Though, he did not have on his long coat, nor sunglasses. Mal was his security uniform, which was his black suit and black dress shoes. Annie was in her shirt, pants, socks, shoes, robe, with her lightsaber clipped the right side of her belt. River was in a short-sleeved blouse, pants, socks, and tennis shoes.

They had already watched the videos and listened to the audio records, once, in silence, without comment.

And before even doing reviewing the video and audio records, Chang used the transcripts to figure out what to review first, and what parts were most important to warrant his attention. It saved Chang time, and made things easier to go through.

Chang began their first review for of the information with Black Sheep bar conversation. Chang then watched the video camera recordings they collected. Starting with the alien sci-fi convention, which Chang found as insane a concept as he thought it would be. Next, was the convention parking lot, where the Lowe family helped Lee. Some video cameras of the first car chase, which didn't offer any real information. After that, was the industrial complex videos and audio recordings, which were useful. Soon after, there was the police interrogation room recordings, and the police garage recordings. And finally, the second chase recordings, which was mostly from the news broadcast of the chase by the news helicopter crew.

Now, they were reviewing records again. And this time, Chang was doing it in a different order, to try to make further sense of the events of that night.

Currently, Chang had the four most interesting videos playing on the corners of the widescreen of the theater, at once. Two videos on top of each other, on both left and right sides of the screen. The large center square of the screen was left blank.

The screen on the theater wall was set to be a mirror image or the computer screen on his laptop. Right down to the mouse pointer.

For the moment, Chang had the audio muted.

The group had already watched each of the videos a couple of times for the last few hours. And Chang was now studying each video more closely for details on the inner workings of Lee's mind.

Meanwhile, River and Annie was having a telepathic conversation, as they sat beside each other. Given Annie was an empath, and River was a telepathic, this allowed each of them the rare opportunity to find someone to communicate their thoughts and emotions directly with, to each other, at a purely mental and emotional levels.

And even though they found that their personalities made them incompatible as lovers, they were still very good friends.

Annie telepathically said to River, 'See, I told you to have some faith.'

River smiled. Through their mentally connected, she replied, 'Thanks. Lee really shined that night.'

Annie telepathically responded, 'I know. Lee seems make new breakthroughs in creating and implementing crazy escapes plans, on the fly.'

Chang said out loud, “Girls. If you are finished with your conversation, I wish to included you on my summation of Lee's mind. Given I know you both like him, I figure you might want to be part of this conversation.”

Annie quickly asked, through their mental connection, 'Can he hear our conversation?”

River mentally answered, 'No. But, after being intimate with him for so many years, I have have a slight telepathic connection to him. He cannot hear our conversation, but he can sense we are having one.'

Annie telepathically complained, 'I still do not get whatever you see in him, or her, depending on the situation.'

River mentally answered, 'The same reason I find Lee interesting. Chang constantly surprises me. As a genius, being regularly surprised on a regular basis is a rare privilege. Still, are you ever going to forgive him for what he did to you?'

Annie shrugged, as she mentally responded, 'Maybe... Someday... Like I said this morning. I am already getting my sweet, golden revenge on him for he did to me. Without asking. And what he tried to do to me. But, the real part that grates on my nerves is that as an empath, I can sense people act against their nature. And that annoys me. While I admire those that do act in their nature.'

'For example, Lee sincerely tries to be a nice person, both in actions and emotions. While, on the other hand, when it come to Chang, most of the time, I sense Chang is just a jackass trying to act like a nice guy. Though, I will admit that Chang's nice guy act is sometimes genuine.'

River telepathically conceded, 'I will give you that one. Still, considering I literally use to be a crazy bitch much of the time... Of which, I am eternally grateful for you helping me back to being mostly sane... I tend to overlook what people think, and I judge them by their actual, intentional actions they take.'

'This is why I do not just read Chang's mind, for what he has to say, for a given moment. I want to see what parts of this thoughts he verbalize, and respond from there. Though, I will respond to his thoughts, if I deem them important enough.'

Annie complimented River through their mental connection, 'Interest. And given your telepathic nature, that is a wise course to take. Well, we better quit talking. So, we can get on with conversation with Chang. So, we can get this over with it. I have a date later tonight, at ten PM. And I don't want to be late.'

River telepathically inquired, 'With who?'

Annie mentally stated, in a casual manner, 'Yolanda.'

River mentally replied, 'Her?...'

Annie telepathically responded, 'She is one of the few people, who knows what is going on, whom still wants to be my friend, whom I have found to be old enough, emotionally mature enough, and still sane enough, that I can relate to. We have both lost things, and then regained them. She lost her right eye and her youth to a lifetime of service. I lost a lot more. We both have been given a second chance by Lee. And neither of us are going to waste this opportunity.'

'Still, this isn't a case of two lovers getting together. We are just two good friends that are lonely, horny, and we both need someone to screw for the night.'

River mentally giggled, 'Good luck. Though, aren't you suppose to be guarding me?'

While River felt emotional warmth from Annie, Annie mentally stated, 'We both know you are not going after Lee. Right now, he is safe in Garibaldi's base. And if you go, it will only make the situation more volatile, and likely distract Lee from his clearly well planned, long term escape.'

River mentally admitted, 'Good point. You are right. I won't go. Now, let us see what Chang has to say about Lee. And if I do not like what I hear, I will make Chang pay for it in bed with some very interesting role playing, that we occasionally do.'

Annie started mentally laughing, as she requested, 'Care to give me a few details?'

River telepathically responded, with a hint of mischief in her emotion state, that Annie sensed through their mentally connection, 'Sure. Keep in mind, my pet name for Chang in bed, depending on Chang's gender, is either Black Jade Bitch, or Black Jade Bastard. Either sounds fine for the needed occasion. And I find the acronym, BJB, for either way, to be funny.'

Annie mentally laughed even harder, to the point she giggled a little outwardly, which drew the attention of the others in the room. Though, the others people were polite enough not to response.

Annie caught herself just in time to present herself from bursting out laughing, out loud. She mentally said, 'We better stop, before we embarrass ourselves.'

River mentally replied, 'Agreed.'

Chang sensed their conversation had ended. He stated, “Good. Now, let us review.” He then thought, 'I hope Balalaika and B do not mind me secretly recording them and the others. It is just I am not sure that those two would have allowed such recordings of their personal lives. And I don't want them to make such a choice of conflicting loyalties, so I made the choice for them. I just hope they are not upset about it.'

River commented, “I think it will be alright. As long as we keep quiet about what we have learned.”

Chang thought, 'I hope you are right.'

Chang then used his mouse and keyboard built into his his laptop, on the dining tray, to bring the industrial complex video to the middle of the screen, which had been previously blank. Next, he set it to the place he wanted and turned on the audio.

It was a scene in the W.E. Convention conversation, during the sci-fi convention, in the atrium, where Lee talked to the dealer.

Chang commented, “This was a brilliant stalling tactic by Lee. And I want a copy of that live action Black Lagoon series for us. Also, the Lowe family can find the most interesting toys. I also think it would be wise to get a few of those hologram devices.”

Arcee stated, “I will look into getting both items. Though, from what I understand, that hologram device is rare.”

Chang looked over at Arcee, as he said, “Well, don't trouble yourself, if you cannot find the hologram device. And I am sure you can find that live action Black lagoon series.”

Arcee said, “Worse comes to worse, we can just borrow Akira, Natsuru and Ranma's copies of those videos, to make copies of our own. Since those three, along with Violin and Aeryn, made it no secret that they have that copy of that series.”

Chang agreed. “True. It would be obvious that Mal here, and the others, would tell me about that series.”

Mal commented, “That version of your series just proves there are levels of the multiverse that even we do not fully grasp. Fiction created, within fiction.”

Chang did not turn around to face Mal, as he said, “Yes. And this concept could be endless. Still, that it what I like about you, Mal. You are willing to take what you find out in stride.”

Mal replied, “Thank you.”

Chang then turned back to theater screen. He stated, “Another point is that we may have not realized just how far Lee's precognitive abilities can go. He states, as such, right here.”

Chang used his computer mouse, which showed up both on his laptop screen, and his theater screen, to select another video. He turned back on the audio with a simple keystroke. The video was the industrial complex on foot chase on the very north end part of the interior of the dome of Mars Dome One.

The video then started in the middle part of the screen, replacing the previous video that had been in the middle of the screen.

Everyone then turned the attention to the theater screen, as video began playing.

(_)

On the screen, Lee replied, ““Well, Rocky-babe. In truth, this isn't my first time-warp twist with the multiverse. As you all know, I am a pre-cog. Partly experiencing alternate realities is just part of the package. And, when I start sensing the future and I can change it. But, that is not all. I figured out how to mentally time travel months into my own past and changed the future, creating an alternate reality, of my very own reality, in the multiverse. Though, mentally traveling back in time hurts like hell, because doing so damages my soul. With a level and type of pain that I cannot put into words. Which is saying something, giving my writing talents. And that is why I don't do it. But, I still know how to.”

“I have even, on occasion, had my soul travel to alternate Earths, where I possessed the bodies of my alternate reality selves. Each time, I usually spent from a few minutes, to hours, to even a day in one of those realities, before I safely returned to my own body, in my home reality. Yes, Rock, just like you with the omakes. And just like you, I suspect not all of the versions of my selves I possessed were male.”

“So, as you can see. I have dealt with multiversal issues long before I ever wrote the stories that involved any of you. That is one of the reasons I wrote my stories about you. Because I wanted to push the envelope of the genre, using my own life experiences as inspiration. I guess I pushed it too far. Though, doing so was still fun.”

(_)

In the theater, Chang stated, “We need to check this out. It if is true, then Lee has dealt with types of reality travel I dare not even imagine. I know from the stories that Rock experience something similar. And this is why Rock was sober for that month, back in Roanapur. With Lee likely basing that part of his stories from his own personal experience. Including, those reality dream traveling comments, dealing with Rock. Still, for Lee to experience the same thing is incredible.”

“Maybe Violin was right at the Black Sheep restaurant conversation. Lee wrote these stories to work out theoretical concepts of what he was personally dealing with. I doubt the irony was not lost on him.”

“That is likely why Lee was so obsessed with writing about us. With the action, the babes, and the characterizations in the Black Lagoon series, it was the omakes, in the sense of the Rock from our reality having to visit other realities, that ultimately draw his interest towards us.”

Mal questioned, “I don't remember the connection being made between our Rock, and the Rock in the omake being one in the same?”

Chang stated, “True. But, the omakes hinted that the Rock in them was our same Rock. The Rock in the omake acted like this had already happened a few times to him. And the omake Rock was always portrayed at the outsider in those omakes.”

“Rock doing the gender flip, Boys and Girls omake, made it very clear that Rock was found our reality, and she was freaked at her sudden gender change. Dreams can start from getting out of bed, which is what happened in that omake. And the story ended with Rock completely freaked out, and running, as the screen faded to white. Meaning Rock woke up.”

“The only way that could work is through dreams. And Lee made that connection.”

Annie thought, 'I am so happy I have seen and read these Black Lagoon series. So, I can be a part of the conversation. Though, I think Chang invited me, because I have a unique way of looking at things.'

Over their telepathic connection, River agreed, 'That is likely.'

Annie did not response in thought, as she verbally commented, “But, the question is. Given those dreams of Rock's were shown as stories in fiction in another realities. Are those dreams other realities, as well? And if so, does that mean most, if not all of our dreams?... Everyone's dreams, are realities onto themselves, that we can travel to? And create when we sleep?”

Chang complimented, “That is a very insightful statement, Annie. I think Lee had a point. He and Rock were visiting other realities. So, in at least some cases. People do not just imagine realities, when they dream. Their soul literally visits other realities. Though, this requires a level of philosophical thought that we don't have time for.”

“So, I will answer your questions the best I can. I know for a fact, that besides the Black Lagoon anime reality, the Black Lagoon omake realities exist. Even the manga, and Black Lagoon R, exist.”

“With the Black Lagoon R reality being a reality not where Black Lagoon existed, in of itself. But, where the cast of the Black Lagoon reality, live action TV series was filmed. The live action series that Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma bought at the sci-fi convention on Mars.”

“It might even be the case that Black Lagoon R reality, I visited, is part of the Babylon Five reality Mal just visited. With the two of us separately visiting the same reality, at two different points in that reality's timeline, and location.”

Mal stated, “That is an interesting possibility.”

Chang responded, “I know.”

Arcee asked, “So, you visited those realities?”

Chang stated, “Yes. I visited those realities, soon after River, Kaylee, and I finish built, and successfully testing out our reality devices.”

Annie inquired, “So, you did not visit those realities while you were running your Tower?”

Chang answered, “No. At that time, I did not want to risk another Chang, from another reality, trying to replace me, and take everything I had works so hard to build, away from me. But, after the fall of the Tower, and the gender change, and eventual gender bending ability. Along with River's telepathy. There was very little chance that any of my counterparts could try to replace me. And there was no reason in doing so. Since, I did not have any real material to have stolen from me.”

“I even had my reality device set to be password protected, with the numbers pad on it. So, there was very little risk for myself, in going to those realities.”

“And I let River know where I was going. If I did not come back in a reasonable amount of time. She could cover looking for me.”

River commented, “True. And I let him go, because I believed he needed a break from me.”

Chang went onto say, “And I appreciate that, River. And so, I visited them just to confirm those realities existed. I only only stayed for a few minutes in most them. But, I did spent some time in the Black Lagoon Boys and Girls omake reality. I even spent some time with that female Chang. And I showed her both my genders. And we had a great time that day.”

Mal flatly questioned, “You didn't sleep with your counterpart?”

Chang grinned, as he said, “Like you haven't considered doing that yourself. Though, we did use protection.”

Mal turned to River, as he asked, “And you are okay with this, River?”

River calmly commented, “Chang and I have an understanding. We just let the other know we are going to do it, with someone else, beforehand. That way, it might turn into a threesome, instead of a twosome.”

Chang continued smiling, as he said, “And we have had some interesting threesomes come about that way.”

Mal flatly said, “I don't want to know.” He then turned to face the large wallscreen in front of him.

The other four people in the room laughed, for a few seconds, over what was said.

As the adults calmed down, Arcee casually asked, “So, what was your counterpart like, Chang?”

Chang answered, “Much like myself. And that male version of Balalaika still called us, babe.”

Arcee let out a light laugh. She then commented, “Some things are a constant in the multiverse.”

Chang shrugged, as he replied, “Yes. And it could have been far worse for us.”

Annie stated, “Still, concerning that reality. I am surprised that instead of a straight gender flip, like the rest of the cast, that Revy was a male to female transsexual in that reality? And not just a man. That Revy looks close to our Revy, with a few obvious differences. I do not understand why the creator of that series went that way for the humor of that omake? Though, it was a good twist for the ending.”

Chang casually joked, “Well, Roanapur is in Thailand.”

Annie then got the joke, as she giggled for a few seconds.

Mal overheard their comments, as he said, “I don't get the joke.”

River casually commented, “Mal, you don't want to know.”

Annie turned around, to face Mal, and she lipped the words, in english, “Sex workers.”

It took Mal a few seconds to realize what Annie mention. When Mal did, he hesitantly replied, “Oh... Do I really want to know how you know that?”

Annie smirked, as she lipped the word, “No.” She then turned back around to face the front of the theater.

Chang commented, “Still, Lee's predicament does remind me of some of the teachings, of ancient chinese philosopher, Zhuang. One of the two principle philosophers, whose teachers were the foundation of Dao. Specifically, his teachings of transformation, in the forms of questions being. Is the butterfly dreaming it is a man? Or, is the man dreaming he is a butterfly? Or both?”

River strongly stated, in an even tone of voice, “Lee knows of that philosopher. When I was in disguised as Sam, I heard him mention, Zhuang, by name, while the two of us were are the hotel.”

Chang grinned, as he said, “I am not surprise. That man does live to do his research. Using what he knows about us, against us, is the only reason he is still free. And for Lee, in his reality, other realities, fiction, and otherwise, Rock was the only person he found with repeated experiences that Lee could personally relate to.”

“It all makes sense now.”

“Still, by writing the stories, he opened a door, that was already cracked for him, even wider. And the door swung both ways. He is like a mad writer, put into a mad scientist situation. Where his experiment got out of his control, and literally took on a life of its own. It is even possible that someone may have cracked this door open for him, a long time ago. And he just finally was able to push the door all the way open.”

“All of this warrants checking and researching, at a level even I am not conformable with.”

Annie stated, “Yes. There are some things that are best to be left alone.” Annie then groaned, in mild annoyance with herself, as she realized, in thought, 'I am starting to sound like Yoda. And except for my mother and Obiwan. Yoda was one of the closest people I had to a responsible parental figure... By the force, it is true. One does grow up to act like their parents.'

Annie then saw River giggle a little, as her thoughts. She thought, in a slowly deflated emotional stated, 'Yea, River. I admit that it is a little funny.'

From the corner of his right eye, Chang saw River giggled. But, when he saw River noticed him. River just shrugged, and Chang realized the shrug was a response to his and Annie's comments.

Chang did not both to think about his lover's response, because she would read his mind. So instead, Chang responded, “You are right, Annie. Still, back to the matter at hand.”

“From the records we have. Of even the small security room itself, of the factory. Before Lee even began his foot chase in the factory, he convinced that guard to give him that key card, to go hide, and to call the police. Lee even turned on all the lights. In the factory, to allow him to see his way around. And he disable the security system in a way that stalled, Benny, from using the video cameras around the factory.”

“Not bad. And it is clear that Lee planned his second factory escape plan, before he implemented his first factory escape plan.”

“Or maybe, Lee planned to use the police in a couple of different ways. He is definitely intelligent enough to do that. Depending on the situation. Such as he could use the police to confront Revy and the others, if they continued to chase him. With the second plan, having the police rescue him, like what happened. Or, in a different way. Such as him reaching the police by car, or by an underground tunnel.”

River commented, “That is very possible. Lee likes to keep his options open. He would not bring new players into the game, unless he could use them in multiple ways.”

Annie asked, “So, Lee considers all this one big game, to him?”

River said, “Yes.”

Annie thought, through her telepathic connection to River, 'If Lee considers this all a game, then he has lost some of my respect.'

River mentally responded, 'Don't be that way. Think about it. How else can Lee view all of this, without completely cracking up. A game has rules. And Lee just played to the rules he thought would keep him alive. And that is how he managing to stay relatively sane, in this insane, and extremely dangerous, situation, which he finds himself in.'

Annie conceded, in thought, through their mental connection, 'You are right. I will reconsider my thoughts on Lee considering this all a game. Because, Lee clearly realizes the seriousness of the situation he in.'

River mentally replied, 'Exactly.'

Chang stated, “River is correct. Lee told me to my face that he considers all of this one large poker game.”

Mal commented, “Then, this is one hell of a poker game. With the other players are pointing guns and knives at him.”

Arcee said, in a casual tone of voice, “I don't know. I have played more serious games.”

Mal turned to Arcee, as he groaned, while he said, “I don't want to know.”

Chang thought, 'We need to keep this conversation moving forward.' He commented, “Be that as it may. One of the reasons Lee convinced me not to turn him in was that he guessed correctly, when he told me I wanted to see the climax to his poker game. And he was right. But, I think his escape from this reality was only the first climax he is planning.”

River said, “You would likely be correct.”

Chang nodded once. He then stated, “Yes. And this means that Lee just considers this a continuation of his poker game. Lee has clearly mastered the ability to think several steps ahead of nearly everyone else. Though, Lee is making some serious mistakes. Such as wrongly accusing Balalaika of lacking an imagination. And pissing off Revy. Both of those insults are going to come back and bite him someday.”

River commented, “Well, I believe Lee did that to upset them to the point of affecting their aim.”

Chang conceded, “Possibly so, but those were still an unwise moves.”

Chang mentally reflected, 'And I need to look up the series, Breaking Bad, sometime. So, I can watch it, and find out who this Walter White is. To break bad, means to become a criminal. And it seems that Lee identifies with the character, Walter White, from that series. And I have a feeling this is not a good thing. Still, I need to keep this conversation moving on.'

Chang stated, “Moving on. I will be open, and admit that I find this next video terrifying, because Lee knows exactly who and what is after him.”

Chang then selected another video. The video was the interrogation room in the police station.

(_)

On the theater screen, the new video in the large middle section of the screen showed, the police station on Mars, inside interrogation room, as Detective Maxwell inquired, “Are you saying that an unstopped killing machine is about to attack building?”

Lee corrected him, in a sober tone of voice, “Actually, most like a bionic badass of an unstoppable killing machine, and her nearly equally badass adult student. And unlike Arnold, these bitches are not going to be nice enough to first stop and ask politely. They are not going to go, I'll be back. They are going to come in guns blazing.”

“Take for example, the lead woman that is coming here. The one with the purple hair. Yes, purple. And from what I can figure, that is her natural hair. The other woman's nature hair color. The student's hair color. Is green.”

“Anyway, the lead one once got into a fight with another woman, for four straight hours, right after she engaged in a massive, literal running battle, across a city, beforehand. Where she was chasing after the other woman, and her friends. And this was not a catfight in any way, shape, or form. This was a four hour long, knock down, drag out, bare knuckled brawl. With these two women being unnaturally strong for their size, with inside levels of endurance, while being able to take several hits from the other woman, and keep going.”

“This is the type of fight that would have likely send Rocky Balboa to a hospital after the first hour. And it went on for four straight hours.”

“And these women do not quit. Their mental and physical endurance borders on the fanatically insane. Before that fistfight, the other woman and this woman in question had just previously finished a gunfight, between the city spanning fight, and the four hour brawl.”

“Also, most people would say the fight ended in a draw, because both of them knocked the other down at the same time, and they stayed down. But, I say the woman coming for me, very soon, won that fight. Because in the end, she was still conscious, while the other woman was unconscious.”

“And this woman later topped herself when it came to being a badass. And she is likely one of the top badasses in existence itself.”

“Your Minbari Rangers wished they had her fortitude and toughness.”

“You ever heard of the term, beating a man to a pulp? She literally did that with her gloved hands, once. She killed that man, by pounding him in the face until everything above his lower jaw was a bloody stain on the floor. I am not joking here. There nothing left of his head.”

“That is not even close to the worst things she has ever done before.”

“She even one time decimated a small army, whom were equipped with late twentieth century firearms, while she was only using a flintlock, and a pair of muskets. Though, at the time, she with using SABOT rounds, along with being literally insane, due to lack of sleep, and being strung out on ritalin. Trust me. I was forced to take that shit as a child. That stuff will mess you up.”

“Still, that was before she became a cyborg, and she was given a physical enhancement serum that increased the abilities of the normal parts of her body.”

“And while the others after me are not as badass as her. They are either as equally badass as a ranger, or more badass than a ranger.”

Lee went onto say, in a completely serious, pleading tone of voice, “So officers, you have got to listen to me. I am being deadly serious here. You have to respect what these women, and men, are capable of. If you do not, they are going to kill you in horrible ways.”

The detectives just looked at Lee for a few seconds. They then started laughing at him.

Lee pleaded, “Please, don't tempt fate like that. It is a very bad idea... Still, after tonight, should you survived, you will remember these horrors, as just, the maids, for the rest of your lives.”

“Though, at the very least, you need to put this station on alert right now. They prefer to dress as maids. Their clothing is black and white, with white aprons. You cannot miss them. That is why they are nicknamed the maids. Also, they carry enough firepower in their clothing to start a small war. So, don't try to ask them to be searched, they will just pull their weapons, starting killing you all.”

“So, I am begging you. Please, let me go. All I need is a working car, with a full tank of fuel, recharged battery, whatever. Along with remote access to your station's speaker systems. With those two things, I can get get them to follow me, and get them away from all of you, that are in this building.”

By then, the two detectives had stopped laughing. Barton looked over at Lee, as he grinned wickedly. He disagreed, “I think not. I think what we have here is a crazy that caused a telepath to have a freak out. Not the first time I have seen that happen, in person. Instead, we will put you in lock up, until we can call the local asylum on come take you away.”

Lee's jaw dropped, as his eyes widened.

(_)

Inside the theater, Chang paused the video. He said, “Those two detectives are too dumb to live. And from Lee's expression, I would guess he realizes that. The only thing a person cannot account for is someone in a position of authority showing unexpected incompetence, and stupidity. And stupidity at that level means those two are not going to live very long.”

Mal pointed out, “Actually, from one of the logged police transmissions we got from the data crystals. An hour after the maids left the police station. One of the on the scene police radio broadcasts of the massacre, by a police officer, reported that those two men were among those killed by the a purple haired assailant. Whom, I am guessing, was Roberta.”

Chang responded, “My point exactly. Lee told them, outright, how dangerous the two maids were, and they ignore him. I will give Lee credit, he tried to save the folks in that station. They just won't listen. He even tried to stall Roberta. To give him time to get out. And to spare those men. I don't think there was anything else Lee could have done to stop that massacre. His plan was simple, and it should have worked. Get a telepath to deep scan his mind to confirm he had to leave for their own safety. He just did not count on the stupidity of law enforcement. As a former cop, I can tell you that stupidity can reach insane levels, at times, in such a profession.”

Arcee inquired, “What about the psychic? He clearly knows what is in Lee's mind. And he knows about us. What do you want done about him?”

Chang stated, “Nothing. The psychic was clearly deeply disturbed by what he saw in Lee's mind. And who could blame him. He is going to likely use that short term memory erasing drug, which he mentioned earlier in the recording. Soon after he left the room. So, he will forget everything he learned from Lee's mind and the horrible events afterward. He likely heard several death screams during Roberta's rampage of that building.”

River commented, “That is very possible.”

Chang said, “And I admire Lee on this point. Right before his telepathic scan, Lee guessed correctly that these telepaths had such drugs on hand. Lee did not want that man to suffer. And by the way the telepath immediately left, Lee likely allow him to read his mind, and Lee informed him to leave, go hide, and take one of those pills. By the way, did the telepath, Dresden, live through Roberta's rampage?

Mal answered, “Reports stated yes. But, as you guessed. He doesn't remember a thing.”

Chang replied, “Good. And this just further proves that Lee plans ahead. Another example is what we do not see, or hear. Lee knew he was being recorded in his room. He clearly waited until the maids cut the power to tell his lawyer, his plan. He needed a vehicle, and a place to run to. And he knew the lawyer would provide both.”

“And the way he obviously escaped was so simple. He was not under arrest, so when Roberta attacked, he and his lawyer just calming walked out the back door. If someone stopped them, Lee could give them the honest excuse that they were trying to get away from the person attacking the station. And his plan worked. Now, let us see what happens in the garage.”

Chang then used his laptop, and computer mouse, to select the garage video. And he then selected a part of the video he wanted to see.

He turned the audio off.

Chang turned to Arcee, as he requested, “Arcee, since the audio here is not very good, I would like you to read their lips.”

Arcee looked over at Chang, as she replied, “No problem.”

Chang then requested, “Also Arcee, please remind me that went Balalaika and B's stomachs start to more prominently display their pregnancies, for me to send them a congratulations card to them, with an offer for free dinner, and a free night in one of our nice honeymoon suites, for the two of them here, at my casino.”

Chang thought, 'That way. I can use their enlarged stomachs as an obvious indicator that they are pregnant. And I will not tip my hand that I had their conversation, in that restaurant, secretly recorded, without their permission.'

Arcee replied, “I will, sir.”

Chang said “I will also need you to deliver the card. I will even included hazard pay in doing so.”

Arcee smirked, as she found the situation humorous. She continued to smirk, as commented, in amused tone of voice, “I enjoy a challenge.”

Both of them then turned back to the theater screen.

The new video enlarged to the center of the theater screen, as the video showed the police garage.

The video showed the front sides of both Lee and McCormick crouching down, while they talked to each other.

Arcee lip read, in a calm tone of voice, “Lee says. Shit. She has the China Lake. The other asks what a China Lake is?”

Chang smirked, “I will give Lee credit. He does his homework.”

Mal asked, “What is a China Lake?”

Chang answered, “The China Lake is a forty by forty-six millimeter grenade launcher that can hold up to four rounds. Three in the tube. One in the chamber. It is a rare weapon that was made in the nation of the United States, for their military special forces. Fabiola is known to use same model grenade launcher. She used that weapon in the Yellowflag bar, in the Blood Trail arc of my reality.”

Mal then realized what Chang was talking about, as he replied, “Ah. Her hand cannon.”

Chang responded, “Yes. Her hand cannon. And when Lee heard the explosion, he didn't even have to look. He just knew what Fabiola had in her hands. That is what you call skill and know-how.”

Next, Chang fast forward to where Lee was speeding towards Fabiola while she pointed the China Lake at him, on the bottom floor of the police garage.

The video was angled to where it could see Fabiola back right side, with the car in coming from the background, while allow the viewers see Lee and Matthew though the front windshield of the white car.

Chang paused the video of Lee in the drivers seat. Lee was grinning wildly, while hold up four fingers with his left hand.”

Chang commented, “See. He is holding up four fingers to let her know that he knows she is bluffing. Not many people could pull that off. And the situation gets even better.”

Chang punched up the second car chase video, with no audio, as Lee threw his grenade at Roberta's sports car. He paused the video while the grenade as in midair.

Chang stated, “I would bet real money that Lee used his precognition to pull that off. There was also statements, from the radio recordings, by those present. That during the factory, on the roof, as Lee escaped Revy and others. While he ran, he was consciously dodging bullets. With him not even being hit once.”

River inquired, “So, you believe that Lee has reached Agent Smith level dangerous?” She mentally added, 'Lee might have.'

Chang looked over at River, as he answered, “Yes. He probably did something similar, when he fought Shenhua, earlier that night. And from Shenhua's accounts, by the radio records. Shenhua admitted that Lee almost beat her in a fight. With her armed with her long knives, and him unarmed.”

“As such, this means, that from practicing that poker trick, he has reached a point where he can consciously use his precognitive abilities. And that puts him at the same level of dangerousness as they rest of us. This only makes me even more interested in him.”

Chang thought, 'I already have a telepath, along with someone with empathic, telekinesis, and some precognitive abilities. I would love to add someone with pure precognitive abilities join my organization, as well. Especially, one who is polite, knowledgeable, very genre savvy, and has a well round, practical skill set.'

River turned to Chang, as she calmly commented, “Aren't you the greedy one.”

Chang turned to River. He smiled, as he mentally quipped, 'Ah River. You know that is one of my best personality traits.'

River let out a laugh, as she smiled.

Chang thought, 'But, it is also Lee's attitude that I like. Given what he has said, at that factory, of his personal life, and I feel there is even more to his past than that. Though, even through all that sea of shit, his idea of revenge against God is to live well. That takes willpower and stubbornness that I admire. No wonder he sometimes has a low opinion of how Revy turned out, when compared to her past. In his own way, he has been through just as much as she had. Still, Lee hinted that there was much more.”

“And that, you River, are keeping even bigger secrets about him from everyone. So, River, what secrets you are keeping from me?”

River commented, “Those are not my secrets to give.”

Chang thought, 'Okay.'

While Annie could not read Chang's thought. Her mental connection with River, she did sense what Chang and River were thinking. She turned to River, as she mentally replied, to River, 'That is a good answer, River.'

River turned to Annie, as she mentally replied, 'Thank you, Annie. And while I think Chang would understand, I doubt Mal would. And I am no sure about Arcee.'

Annie mentally stated, 'I agree with you, on all three points. I also suggest we find out what Chang is going to show us next.'

River telepathically said, 'Good idea.'

Annie mentally commented, 'Thanks. And Chang really does have a talent for narrating.'

River telepathically replied, “Yes. He does. It is one of his many talents.'

Chang turned to the theater screen, as he stated, “Now, let us continue.”

Everyone then turned back to the theater screen, as Chang fast forward the video, and restarted it, to where Roberta jumped on Lee car, with Lee having rolled down the windows of his car.

Next, Lee and Matthew had ducked inside the car, as Lee drove his car under the truck, cutting off the top of the roof of the car. This forced Roberta jumped over the truck, to reach her prey.

Then, as Roberta was about to land on the back seat of the car, Lee used the collapsed staff as a spring weapons to eject Roberta from his car.

Chang paused the video of the moment when Roberta was being thrown out of the white car, while letting go of her pistols, along with the staff being shown springing out of the car as well.

Chang commented, “I don't think this is so much a case of Lee using his precognition, as him just having really good timing on his part. By rolling down his windows first, it showed that he was planning to do this a few seconds ahead of when he did it. And it shows how much of a quick thinker he is, and how he can use the tools on hand to fight back against even a super-human badass like Roberta.”

Chang restarted the video, he noticed that after the other man leaned up, he asked Lee something. Lee answered, and he then started laughing.

Chang paused the video, as he inquired, “Arcee, what did they just say to each other?”

Arcee answered, “First, the other man asked why Lee was snickering. Lee talked about the weapons and ammo drums that Roberta used. Going into detail on a few points. Then, the other man asked who Lee really is. Lee answered, I'm a user. Though, you can call me, Frankenstein... And you're my navigator... Lee then started laughing.”

Chang thought over Lee's comment. He then stated, “The, user, comment is likely a Tron movie reference. The Frankenstein, and the navigator, comments have double meanings. Frankenstein can mean the fact that Lee was the one ultimately responsible for into a cyborg, super-soldier... Well, more than she already was... And Frankenstein can mean the main crazy, killer race car driver, from the film, Death Race 2000. Which is partly justified, considering the guy with Lee was clearly leading him to Garibaldi. With Edgars HQ being the finish line. Like the navigator's job in Death Race 2000. As such, all these references Lee made, fitting his situation.”

“Also, Lee's knowledge of our weapons, and abilities is truly impressive.”

Annie agreed, “I believe that it is a trait that should be admired.”

Chang grinned, as he replied, “I agree.”

Arcee stated, “Also, with one exception, it should be noted that Lee does not use any of our names, when he talks to the police, or his lawyer. While he does call Roberta and Fabiola, by their nicknames, as the maids, and the Bloodhound. And he does go into detail of their actions, he always keeps the names, and events vague. The exception being when he was on the phone with Roberta, where he used her real name when addressing her.”

Chang stated, “That is a good point. With that one exception being excused by the fact that Lee was trying to be polite, when talking to one of the scariest women in the multiverse. A woman whom is pissed off at him, and wants his hide. Still, Lee is smart. He won't use any of our names in front of others. Unless absolutely necessary. For two very important reasons. It might upset us. And it would only create more questions for himself, by those around him.”

Arcee agreed, “That was my line of thinking, as well.”

Chang said, “Yes.”

River then realized, as she questioned, “But, what about what was said at the factory? Could the security systems there have recording everyone's names being used. Especially, during that conversation Lee had with everyone.”

Chang commented, “I wouldn't worry about that. Everyone was talking then. And that will not immediately be a part of the police records. As it would be for the recordings of the police station. Also, Mal and the others, found that the audio for the security recording that the factory, was turned off. Likely to save on computer file size on their memory storage. We pulled the audio for that for those recording, from the radios. So, we are fine, on that matter.”

River replied, “Okay.” She thought, 'That is a relief.'

Chang said, “Now, let's move things along.”

Chang then moved the video forward to where Lee was on the cellphone, while Roberta was gaining on him and his lawyer, in their car.

Lee said something in the cellphone. He then folded it closed, and tossed it back to the passenger, whom caught it.

Chang paused the video.

Chang request, “What is Lee saying?”

Arcee stated, “He repeated the phrase, ah hell, three times.”

Chang stated, “If I remember my Babylon Five correctly. Ah hell, means continuous fire in, Minbari. He was likely talking to those at the Edgars Industries complex that dealt with the base's security. He then turned off the cellphone as a way to heighten the tension with the people on the other end of the line. To push them into doing want he wants. This is was a work of genius.”

River smiled, as she thought, 'I agree.'

Chang restarted the video.

Suddenly, Lee's car blew a tire and started spinning forward.

As thee car spinning in their car, they could see Lee using his left hand to give the bird to Roberta, as he said something.

Arcee giggled a little, as she calmly said, “Lee is yelling. Roberta. You're fucked.”

Chang, River, Annie, and Mal, could not help but giggle a little, with Arcee, concerning Lee's comment.

A few seconds later, as they calmed down, they watched as Roberta immediately opened the driver's side door, and jump out of the semi. A few seconds later, gunfire destroyed the large truck. The picture panned to the gun turrets on the wall that Lee and the other guy soon passed through the gate of.

The gate closed, and the video ended.

Chang commented, “I think everyone here agrees that it takes style, skill, and timing, to say, you're fucked, to Roberta, mean it, and live to tell about it. I am amending my order. I want Lee back alive and in one piece. Preferably, completely unharmed.”

Mal looked over at Chang, as he flatly asked, “Why?”

Chang turned around, to his right side, to face Mal, as he strongly stated, “Because, with only his wits, and a little help, Lee beat all of you at the same time. Then, he tricked the police into rescuing him. After that, he conned his way out of the police station, which ended with him simply walking out the back door. While getting a car and help in finding a place to run to, where we will not follow. And finally, he defeated both of the maids, and escaped everyone after him. With Lee ending up in a literal fortress, whom none of you will immediately follow Lee into. Due to all of you knowing better. Because that fortress likely has loads of unknown traps, its own army, and a very savvy, badass leader.”

Chang punctuated each word, with increasing strength, as he went onto said, “And. Lee. Did. This. All. In. One. NIGHT!”

Chang continued, with eagerness evident in his tone of voice, “Lee has just become one of the most dangerous badasses in the multiverse, without even throwing a punch. Lee has unknowingly achieved what I thought Rock might someday become. And given the change was so gradual, from hack writer to badass, over the course of decades. Remember the time loop. That Lee probably does not even realize how dangerous he has become.”

“If someone ever got their hands on Lee, and taught him how to stand and fight, he would make for either a powerful ally, or an extremely dangerous enemy, on par with the maids. I want him as an ally. I do not want him as an enemy.”

Mal pointed out, “But, he is dying of cancer.”

River turned to face Mal, as she stated, “The whole point of Lee going to the Babylon Five reality. From the Babylon Five Station to Mars. Was to disappear. It is very likely he already has a plan to cure himself of his cancer. I actually think I know what he has planned. Though, I would prefer to not state it until I am sure.”

Chang turned to River, as he said, “I don't need to know at the moment. And I am sure I will enjoy his solution, when I do eventually find out.”

River turned to Chang. She smiled, as she coyly commented, “Oh. I think you will.”

Mal asked, “Okay. Say we do catch him, alive, and mostly in one piece. How do you plan to keep him alive? He is dying of cancer.”

Chang looked over at Mal, as he commented, “Worst case scenario. We dump Lee into a vat, to cure Lee's cancer. And she will just have to learn to live with being a chick.” He turned to River, as he inquired, “River, do you think he will mind that?” He mentally added, 'I already talked to Lee about an offer like this. He was open to the idea. But, your support would be nice, to smooth the offer over for everyone else here.'

River looked at Chang, as she casually replied, “I think Lee would opened minded on such an offer.” She thought, 'Actually, she would welcome take a dip in one of those vats. And becoming a healthy, younger, woman. And that is a good idea, on your part Chang. To help me smooth things over with everyone here, on this issue.'

Chang said, “That is good to know.” He mentally added, 'Thank you, River.'

River smiled, in response to Chang's mental thanks.

Mal stated, “Even if you turned Lee into a woman. And you want Lee in one piece. Lee still deserves to suffer a measure of revenge for what he has done to all of us.”

Chang turned to Mal, as he sighed in disbelief. He responded, “I cannot believe you are still upset about the virus that gave us gender bending abilities with a sneeze.”

Mal admitted, “Changing into a woman grates on my male ego.”

Chang countered, “Well, among us, you are the only one with this ability, whom is bothers so greatly by it. And the tradeoffs are amazing. Besides being able to play both fields, we also are now virtually immortal. Due to aging very slowly in both our forms.”

“Also, soon after we learned of the stories and the writer, River here informed me that the girls loved what Lee did for them. Inara, Zoe, Kaylee, River, and even myself, had to deal with monthly periods. Be happy you don't have to deal with that either. Speaking from experience. I was stuck as a girl for a few years. Monthly periods are no fun.”

“I have even caught Jayne sometimes enjoying her female form. And not just in that way. Also, Kaylee and Simon, have more than once, come to River and I, for advise on love making.”

“But, I know what is at the heart of your problem with this ability. That one time, at that new year's party. You and Inara got drunk, while you were a man, and she was a woman. The next morning, you sobered up as you awoke in bed, nude, as a woman, beside Inara, as a man. And from the smell it did not take a genius to realize what you two did.”

Chang lips then curled into a wicked grin, as he continued, “But, it gets better. River looked into your mind. We know you remember all of what happened that night. And you enjoyed it greatly. Given Inara is a former companion, I admit, I am bit envious of your relationship with her. Still, you are presently too macho to admit that some times you like getting in touch with your feminine side.”

“This is also the reason why the only way you came to those Lagoon bikini parties was we had to drag you there. But, once you were at those parties. We could all tell that you were having a great time there.”

Mal deflated, as he looked away from Chang, and down towards his lap. He quietly replied, “Yes. I did.”

Chang dropped his grin, as he stated, “So, here is my offer. Would you like me to drag up, and inform everyone here, among your friends, in the entire casino, exactly how you like it as a woman, during sex? What gets you to scream like a banshee, when you are a woman. Because River told me that, as well? Or, will you be amendable to some compensation instead? And you will let the matter over Lee go?”

Mal looked up at Chang, as he became visibly uncomfortable. He remained silent for a few seconds, as he thought over Chang's veiled threat, and his offer. He then calmly stated, “I believe gold would go a long way to solving much of my hurt feelings.”

Chang said, “Good. We will talk about the amount, later.”

Mal pointed out, “Still, there are others we have to deal with. Such as the Knight Sabers. I do not know how they appeared there. And I don't know where they left, either. But, they are after Lee, as well. And there claim to vengeance is far greater than most of those currently after him.”

Chang stated, “We have a vast selection of resources to choose from, when it comes to those powersuited mercenaries. And I am sure they are still sore with me, as well. But, I am sure we can work something out with them.”

Mal responded, “Good luck with that. I am not going to let myself, nor my crew, get between you, Lee, and them. You can find someone else to negotiation with them.”

Chang casually said, “Do not worry. I have a few ideas.”

Chang mentally reflected, 'Given Natsuru, Akira, Ranma, Mikoto, Yurika, and Nodoka, know the Knight Sabers. And Natsuru having a history of employment with Lean and Daley. I may ask those six to help me deal with this matter. Or, if I am lucky, Rock, or Lotton, will work out a deal, that will lead the Knight Sabers to visit me, in a peacefully manner. To negotiate this situation, in a civil way.'

Mal commented, “Well, however you work it out with them, it is going to cost you some your wealth.

Chang said, “I know. But, to get them off my back, it would be worth it.”

Mal inquired, “I agree. Still, what about the maids? Given the personalities of those two, I have a feeling they would take your offer of gold as an insult.”

Chang agreed, “You are likely right.” He then smirked, as he continued, “Still, the key to convincing either of the maids to do anything has always been Garcia. I realized that after the events of the first time Roberta came to Roanapur, to save Garcia.”

“And this is the reason why, when Roberta returned to Roanapur, I immediately visited Garcia, when he and Fabiola first came to town. And when Fabiola brought the Lagoon members to us, I steered Rock into helping Garcia. This was very simple to do. Considering Rock and Garcia knew each other. When they first met, they seemed to have hit it off as friends. Even though, at the time, Rock was one of the hostage takers, and Garcia was the hostage.”

“And while Garcia may not like me. He still owes me over helping Roberta recover from her grievous injuries caused by the Grey Foxes, in the jungle, of the Golden Triangle.”

“I never called that marker in. Because someday, I knew I would need it. And Garcia knew who I was, when we made that deal to help Roberta. Roberta willing accepted my offer. With Fabiola going along with our deal. So, none of those three people can me, being me, against me.”

“As such, if Lee cannot solve his problems with the maids, on his own. Or, if we capture Lee. With the maids eventually confront us, we will bring Garcia here, with him coming here willingly, and unharmed. And then we will all talk. From there, we figure out the exact reasons why the maids are so dead set on getting Lee. And we will work out an arrangement with them that will placate their thirst for vengeance.”

River thought, 'I am tempted to tell Chang the reason the maids after after Lee. But, doing so would ruin the mood.'

Mal agreed, “That might work. Also, I won't worry about the Bebop crew, none of them really care about revenge against Lee. Except for Spike. And I have a feeling that Spike won't try something again, without your approval.”

Chang said, “I agree. Though, inform her if she is willing to let her issues with Lee go. I can offer her compensation, in gold, and other forms. Though, if the opportunity of a moderate type of revenge against Lee is offered. I may consider her and the others in the casino, that are interest in doing so, to take part in it. On top of what I am willing to give her. And this offer extends to you, as well.”

Mal responded, “Thank you. That sounds acceptable. I will inform Spike of this. And I think she will go for it. Considering that she already accepted a similar offer from Rock. Plus, unlike Rock, you are still allowing a measure or revenge, within reason.”

Chang said, “It is good policy to make sure the grievances of ones employees are settled.”

Chang thought, 'Some such matters need to be solved as soon as possible. And I have been meaning to do that for a while. But, I was waiting until this whole writer mess was settled, before approaching Spike with my offer of compensation for the trouble both I, and Lee, have caused her.'

'Though, now that it looks like I might end up having the writer here. I will adjust my plans accordingly.'

Mal stated, “I agree. And I can understand why Spike would be pissed. Due to being force to have a kid. Though, Julia is a nice kid.”

Chang inquired, “Yes. Julia is a wonderful child. And Lee did give Spike her lost eye back. But, that being said. While the other two are not after Lee's head. What are their feelings in general, on the matter?”

Mal answered, “Fairly positive. Faye likes having her youth restored. And we all know the events around Jet's gender change. Which was not Lee's fault. Though, she did get back her youth, and her original left arm and hand. And Jet is happy about that.”

Chang thought, 'I guess Jet finally let go of her past.'

Mal went onto say, “But, the most trouble you are going to have in protecting Lee, from those that know about him, and his stories, are still the Lagoon crew, and their friends.”

Chang scoffed, as he stated, “The Lagoon members are already good friends with Lee. They just don't realize it. You do not live around someone for twenty years without becoming friends of some type. If they were not friends, they would have kneecapped him when they had him captured at the factory. And I am sure that the others that were not there, at the hotel, during the time loop. Such as Dutch, Benny, Janet, Balalaika, and B. Will go along with what the rest of them will do with, Lee.”

“And from all of those after, Lee. I feel they will likely be the easiest to placate.”

Mal conceded, “I see your point. So, how do you plan for us to rescue Lee? Do you want us to go behind the Lagoon crew's backs, and get Lee, before they have a chance to mobilize, and capture Lee, themselves?

Chang answered, “No. I want you to be part of their crew, when they storm that fortress. That way, when they, or you, find Lee, you can rescue him. Be aware, the person in charge in that complex is a human man named, Michael Garibaldi. He is an older, bald, fair skin man, in good shape. He is also a genre savvy badass, whom is on par with any of us. And he believes in being prepared. I want you to impart this wisdom to the others, so you can all tread lightly, when you attempt to retrieve Lee. And to remind you. I want Lee to be brought here, unharmed.”

Mal asked, “Fine. What about those we meet in the building?”

Chang stated, “Make sure that you, and the others, let the people you run across, live. And do not harm them, unless it is in self-defense. If you have problems joining the group that will be storming the building. Tell Rock, I asked for this, with you offering your services to her, for me. She will go for it.”

Mel responded, “Rock might. To prevent blow back. Does this Garibaldi have access to reality traveling technology?”

Chang answered, “Not really. Outside of their hyperspace tech, they cannot cross realities. That is just crossing planes of their own reality. It is similar to the hyperspace gates in the Cowboy Bebop reality. Also, none of the current space fairing species, in that galaxy, have fully figured out how hyperspace tech works. Considering they all discovered it, or were given it by other species. Including, the humans. So, there is little risk of blow back from having living witnesses.”

“Though, there is one exception that I know of. An ancient race, known as the Vorlons, did create a gate into another reality, and they almost allowed a more powerful species than them, into their reality. A species that believed in eradicating all life that was not their own. But, the Vorlons did stop them, and they close the gate, in time. At great cost to their own species. And that gate was later destroyed.”

Mal said, “A lesson in the dangers of reality travel.”

Chang agreed, “Exactly.”

Mal inquired, “So, is there anything else you have to say about Garibaldi?”

Chang answered, “Yes. If you run across Michael Garibaldi. And you are able to talk to him in private, give him an invitation to meet me. And impart to him that my forces are only there to keep the girls from going too far. And should Garibaldi wife and daughter, Lisa and Mary Garibaldi, be there. Do not. I repeat. Do not let Garibaldi's wife, nor daughter, come to harm. Arcee will give you details on the Garibaldi family. Such as, what they looked like. After this meeting is over.”

Arcee said, “I would be more than happy to do so.”

Mal turned to Arcee. He then looked back at Chang, as he questioned, “Okay. I will do as you ask. But, is Garibaldi really that dangerous?”

Chang flatly stated, “Yes. He is. Keep in mind. On top of what I have already told you. You need to understand that Garibaldi is one of the few people in that reality with the means, intelligence, and savviness to reach us, and become a threat to us. If we give him reason to do so. That is something I want to avoid at all cost.”

Mal replied, “I understand. And I will make sure everyone else in our group understands that, as well.”

Mal thought, 'I will give Daiyu, or I mean, Chang, credit. He may sometimes yank our chains. And we occasionally yank his. Still, he has never asked me, nor none of my crew, to do anything that violates our personal codes and ethics. I believe that makes him an even more dangerous person. Though, he pays well, and the perks he provides at our jobs here are good for all of us.'

Chang responded, “Good. Now Mal, I want you, and the others, to get some rest here, at the casino. Tomorrow morning, you can return to the Black Sheep hotel, on B Five Mars, fully rested. And use the time dilation trick to where the others there think you were only gone for a few minutes. Also, rely my orders to the others.”

Mal replied, “No problem.”

Chang thought, 'While, you all showed up right after lunch. Instead of in the morning. It has been a pleasant morning at that casino. Also, things happen. So, I hold it against any of you.'

'Also, I think. To allow Jet and Spike to get some rest. And for shits and giggles. I might offer Annie to fill for the pit boss, on the gaming floor, for a few hours, tonight. Darth Vader as a pit boss for a casino. I would pay money to see that. Actually, I am more than willing to pay money to see that.'

River giggled a little, as she commented, “That might be tempting to see.”

Mal overheard River's comment, as he asked, “What would be tempting to see?”

Before River could answered, Chang inquired, “Annie would you like to play pit boss at the gaming floor, for a few hours, tonight? Standard fee I usually pay you for an assignment.” He thought, with amusement, 'It would be worth the money, just to see her do it. And get a video copy of the event.'

Annie pointed out, “Actually, I have day tonight, that started in a few hours.”

Chang responded, “Okay. I will just get someone else to fill in there. But, I would still like to see you play pit boss for a few hours, on the gaming floor, some time in the next few days.”

Annie thought over Chang's offer, for a few seconds. She then said, “Okay. We will talk about it.”

Chang pointed out, “Fine. Though, you will have to wear a dress suit, and dress shoes.”

Annie thought over Chang's comment, for a few more seconds. She then commented, “I will still do it. And I do have a that black dress suit and dresses, you had fitted for me, when you first hired me.”

Chang stated, “Good. Now, back to the matter at hand. Mal, before you leave, make sure you and Zoe pick up those special weapons I got for the both of you. You are likely going to need them.”

Mal complimented, “That is a good idea.” He mentally added, 'The only reason Chang didn't get one of those weapons for Jayne were that they are both hard to come by, and the energy packs for the are even harder to get. Besides, Jayne prefers projectile weaponry, and explosives. It seems that if it doesn't boom in some big way, he doesn't like it.'

'Speaking of which, Jayne should be finished repairing Vera by now. So, I don't have to worry about his griping, anymore, about that.'

Chang said, “Also, considering I had you both be checked out on those weapons, I am not that worry about you using them. Just don't lose them.”

Mal stated, “That will not be a problem.”

Chang responded, “I know it will not. Also, good luck. And if you don't mind, I need to speak to the others in private.”

Mal replied, “Sure.” He thought, 'There is no point in arguing about this. I will get with Arcee in a little while. On the details of the Garibaldi family.' He then got up from his chair, walked to the door to the wall, left side of the room, near the screen.

There were other doors placed around the room. But, that was the closest to him.

Mal then opened the door, walked through it, and closed the door behind him.

After Mal left the room, Arcee turned to Chang, as she asked, “What about Lee's lawyer, Matthew McCormick? He likely has a vague idea of what is going on.”

Chang turned to face Arcee, as he said, “I know I want him. I want you and Annie to jump realities and pick him up. At your earliest convenience.” He turned to Annie, as he continued, “If that is okay with you.”

Annie turned to Chang, as she commented, “Sure. By the time this is over, he might even welcome to come here. Given, he will be the only person left around, tied to most of the attacks that centers around Lee, on Mars Dome One. And I am sure he will realized that the local will be looking for a scapegoat to pin all this on.”

Chang stated, “Exactly.” He then looked in front of him, as he continued, “And do not harm him. He may have freaked out at the end, but as a new guy to the scene, he held it together better than Rock, nor I, ever did when we first got throw into such intense situations. And I cannot think of a more intense situation than facing the maids.”

Arcee said, “No problem.” Arcee turned Annie, as she inquired, “I know you have your big date tonight. And such nights for you tend to be very long, and very pleasurable, for both you and your partner. So, are you up for doing this tomorrow?”

Annie answered, “I should be. But, just in case, let's plan to make it an early afternoon mission.”

Arcee replied, “Works for me.”

River then telepathically said to Annie, 'Good luck with your date, tonight. And tomorrow's mission.'

As Annie talked to Arcee, she mentally replied, 'Thanks. So, were you happy with what Chang said?'

River telepathically answered, 'Yes. In a few hours, him and I are going to have a lot of fun upstairs.'

Annie mentally giggled, as she thought, 'We will compare notes out one separate sexual adventures for tonight, sometime, tomorrow afternoon. After I get back.'

River mentally teased, 'It is a date.'

Both women then telepathically giggled to each other for a few seconds.

Annie then went back to discussing with Arcee on their plans for their mission tomorrow. From how to find the lawyer, to how they are going to capture him.

Meanwhile, Chang leaned back in his cushioned chair. He thought, 'Though, I don't feel like talking about it, out loud. That conversation that Revy and Rock's group had at the inn, jogged my memory, a little. The Mexican and the Lawyer... Lord, I have not thought about that night in Caracas, in years. And I thank you, River, for not asking me about that.”

River quietly said, “No problem. You will tell when you are ready.”

Chang mentally replied, 'Good. I will see you in the little while.'

River said, “Have fun.”

Chang then used his laptop computer to turn off the theater screen, turned on the theater lights. Next, he logged off of his laptop, closed his laptop, pushed away his tray, and got up from his seat. After which, he walked out of the same left side door, that Mal exited from.

After Chang exited the room. With him shutting the door behind him. He was inside one of the main large casino hallways, on the ground floor.

Chang then turned too to his right, and started walking down the hallway. There was no one else around. Even Mal had left for somewhere else in the casino, as Chang mentally reminisced, 'As much as I care for River, I don't care to go into deep thought around her.'

'Now, where have I heard that, armed bastards, quote from?... Ah, it will come to me eventually. Still, I barely remember that night. I do vaguely remember seeing Revy pop her head up from the bar, and looking at me. She probably did get the idea to becoming two-hands, from seeing me using both my pistols at once. That makes sense, considering the next time we met, in Roanapur, she was able to convince me to teach her how to use two pistols at once.'

'Also, I do remember that night changed the course of several of our lives. To think that two guys, from another reality. This reality we are in. From our personal futures, had a hand in all of this. And they likely knew what they are getting into at the time. Since the two of them are from our futures, I am sure I will find out who they are, in time. And I look forward to having a chat with them. I might even offer them both a job. A person has to be knowingly crazy and skilled to pull off stunts like that.'

Chang smirked, as he continued his thoughts, 'And two of them, together, only doubles the fun.'

Chang then dropped his smirk, as he calmly reflected, in thought, 'It seems there is more overlapping with our past selves than any of us realize. Such as, what happened when I was a rookie cop in Hong Kong. I still remember that event very clearly.'

'I remember meeting Shenhua, Sawyer, Revy, and Rock, as a woman. I remember them kidnapping me. Putting me through a wild chase. My freaking out. Revy giving me that badass speech. Rock, whom early introduced herself, introducing me to Revy, Sawyer, and Shenhua. While stating that she was lovers with Revy. Them letting me go, at the end of the chase. And finally, them setting me on the course to become the badass I am today.'

'And from that day, I learned a lot. But, much of it I had to wait on, until I could start finding the pieces, to help put together, and understand what happened on that crazy day.'

'The first pieces came when meeting Shenhua, in the Triad, soon after I changed sides, from cop to crook, in Hong Kong. The two of us hit it off well as friends. But, nothing more.'

'Meeting Shenhua was one of the first points that I began to suspect that my life was starting to take a turn for the strange and adventurous. Not that I was going to complain. That was one of the reasons I became a crook.'

'And as the adventures began to happen. With both Shenhua, and I. One after another. I also began to suspect that I was in a fictional reality. The situations were both so dangerous, and in some cases, so damn funny, someone had a hand in their creations. And they were not just random events.

'As I climbed the ranks of the Triad we both belonged too, I eventually rose to the point that I was trusted with the control of our organization's holdings in Roanapur. When that happened, I made sure Shenhua came with me to Roanapur.'

'A week after we got to Roanapur, I started to go to those town those meetings, with the heads of the mafia families. Those were interesting meets. And from them, I learned a few things my superiors did not tell me about my predecessor. Whom previously control our holdings in Roanapur.'

'While I knew my predecessor retied, due to old age. What I was not told was that he was one of the first mafia heads to come to Roanapur, during the early seventies. And that he also set up the first modern smuggling routes for that city. He was sixty years old, when he came here.' And he only came here, as a favor to the head of the Triad I belong to. But, he could still kick ass.'

'Though, he prefered diplomacy, over violence. And he was one of the ones that had set up these meetings, when other mafias started showing up. Most of the other mafia head, at the time, were just like him. They could still kick ass, but due to their age, they were ready to be put out to pasture, by their organizations. Yet, for one reason or another, they came to Roanapur.'

'As others came to the city, my predecessor realized there was plenty of heroin coming out Golden Triangle for all of the families. And that a mafia war in Roanapur would not benefit the mafias in question. And such warfare would attract unwanted attention from both local and foreign governments.'

'For the most part, the other mafia heads agreed with him. And they became wealthy, as well. Unfortunately, the mafia heads were eventually replaced, one way, or another. And their replacements were less patient. But, my predecessor was still able to make the situation work.'

'And the other families heads like him, because they had good dealings with them. Due to that, the others gave me a chance. I did not now disappoint. I remained civil, but when one of the families tried to make a move on my organization, I taught them that doing so was a mistake.'

'And even though I was trying not to do so, because I found absolute peace to be boring, this was when I was ironically started to be known as the peacemaker in Roanapur.'

'Less than a year after arriving in Roanapur, and spending much of my take overseeing our operations in the city. With Shenhua, and my other subordinates help, I was well on my way to controlling the city. It was around this time I met Sawyer, as the cleaner. For the most part, Sawyer looked the same as she did then, in my past. From this, I quickly realized that I had met their future selves. And that it was a case of time travel.'

'While meeting Shenhua, and having our adventures caused me to suspected we were living in a fictional reality. When I met Sawyer, and recognized her. Combined with knowing Shenhua. This was when I first started to realized more firmly that I was in a fictional reality. Instead of these just being idol, baseless suspicions.'

'That being said. I made sure to keep in the good graces of both those women. Not just because they scared me. Even though, I employed both of them. Shenhua directly, as one of my chief assassins. And Sawyer as an independent, for body disposal. But, because I knew eventually, they would go back in time, and meet the younger self. And they would recognize my past self. And I did not want to give them any excuse for them to harm my past self.'

'I even met that junkie, Leigharch. And even those he partook the drugs too much. He was an artist behind the wheel. He was the perfect getaway driver. He was skilled, he had not fear of death, and if he was caught, he was so crazy, that no one would believe a word he says.'

'I hated the fact he finally overcooked his brain with his drug habit. But, by then, he and Shenhua were good friends. Though, I am not sure how good. And to keep Shenhua happy. And for such loyal service, from both of them. I did help Shenhua find a nice asylum in Thailand, to take care of Leigharch. Though, soon after the Lovelace members left Roanapur for a second time, he disappeared, as well... I wonder, he might be somewhere else in the multiverse, by now.'

'If so, I am sure I will see him again, someday.'

'Still, the years past. And few years later, after arriving in Roanapur, and around a month after that shootout in Caracas the Lagoon crew, in their PT Boat, the Lagoon, finally showed up Roanapur.

'And the Lagoon crew were not alone in the new members to the city, around that time.

'Now, that I think about it, Eda showed up around that time, as Yolanda's assistant, at the Ripoff Church, only days after I returned from Caracas. Yolanda even introduced me to Eda, a few days Eda first came to that island. And I am sure this is not consequence. But, I am going to leave the matter alone. Because, even after everything, I am still on friendly terms with Yolanda.'

'And I am probably one of the few people that realize how dangerous Yolanda is. I did some digging into her past. And I uncovered some things about her. In her youth, she was as dangerous as the Bloodhound. And while time and age slowed her down a bit physically, she only became more craftier. While in her youth, she could take down a small army alone. In her advanced years she learned how to get others to do the job for her, while appearing completely detached from the incidents in question.'

'And Yolanda has been in Roanapur far longer than me.'

'I remember, a month after Shenhua, and I, first came to Roanapur. Just a few days after meeting Yolanda, and getting acquainted with her. One of the other heads of the local mafias tried to extort and steal from the Ripoff Church. They personally threatened Yolanda.'

'The next morning, all the members of that mafia family, were found day, in their headquarters, in Roanapur. With all of them having suffered Colombian neckties.'

'And I know the Colombians did not do it, because I was meeting them the night before. And my alibi, along with the alibis of my group, were the only thing that kept the other mafia families from attacking the Colombians.'

'Abrego owed me big for that alibi. And I used that alibi, and the favor from that alibi, on occasion, to keep in him in line.'

'Also, there was no evidence found of who did it. The Colombians would not be that neat. Still, there was nothing of the incident that could be tied to Yolanda, nor the Ripoff Church.'

'It was that morning that I learned not to cross her. And I did everything in my power to make her my friend. Or, at least an ally.'

'I also realized that morning, that even in old age, Yolanda could still play the game, like the master she is. The Black Lagoon series only hinted at how dangerous she could be. I have seen her, on more than one occasion, use a single bullet, to make a car explode. She is really good at that trick. And one time, I watched her collapse an entire building, by emptying the magazine from her Golden Desert Eagle.'

'And now with her youth and lost eye restored. Along with the super-soldier serum giving her peak physical condition, combined her wisdom, experience, and skills, she could beat me at every level, if she wanted to. And we both know it.'

'I am just happy she liked her current life. And she does not feel like taking over. Because if she did. Even with my resources, I am not sure I could stop her.'

'And because Yolanda came to Roanapur before me. I do not know the details surrounding how and when Yolanda first came to Roanapur. And the reasons behind the Ripoff Church, nor how she started that business. But, I do know she was the one that started the Ripoff Church.'

'Though, I have a feeling that, even given her advanced age, at the time, she was not one of those that were put out to pasture. She likely came to Roanapur of her own free will, because she saw opportunities here, at a time when others did not. Not only through the drug trade, but also sales weapons to those of us criminals, smugglers, mercenaries, pirates, that were based in, and around, Roanapur.'

'Yolanda also did try to her best to stay out of the politics of Roanapur. She instead preferred to just sell her weapons to us, and help us smuggle our drugs through the area, for a small percentage of the profits from our sales.'

'And with her lifetime's worth various government connections Yolanda had build up, she likely had no problems getting the arms shipments, and drugs, she needed, to stay in business. While making a tidy profit, for herself, on the side.'

'I sometimes wonder, if Eda remembered Yolanda of herself, in her youth. And if Yolanda was not clandestinely groomed Eda, as her student and successor. Even if Eda did not even realize it. That would not surprise me one bit.'

'To that end, Yolanda is the only person in know of, that can do this game we play with more style and skill, than I. She just doesn't want to. She prefers now, to just relax and enjoy life. And I am very, very happy about that fact.'

'Still, a few weeks before The Lagoon crew came to Roanapur, Balalaika, and her Hotel Moscow showed up, beforehand. I do regret killing Balalaika and Hotel Moscow's Russian predecessors, in Roanapur, on the cargo hauler, Maria Zeleska. But, I had to. Considering they sent a hit out to personally kill me.'

'I knew the moment I heard Balalaika and Hotel Moscow came to town, they were trouble. People like this always are. Less than twenty-four hours, after showing up, they were already making their presence known. They were strong-arming a number of local businesses. They also killed a number of our lower ranking subordinates. And anyone that try to tail them.'

'And I do not know what they did to Chief Watsup, that day, but it scared him to the point that he ordered his police to leave them alone.'

'After a few day of this, the heads of the families, including Abrego, Chin, Verrocchio, and myself, collectively put our foot down, and we demanded that Balalaika come to our meetings.'

'Instead, she attempted to have us all assassinated. But, she did not take into account, we realized this was a possibility.'

'The building we met, I had designed and built for this situation. The building we met in appeared to be just a small coffee shop. Instead, it was a front, for those times when we had to invite a new mafia head to the party.'

'Here we were. The heads of the mafia, sitting around the table, having coffee, in full view of the street, through the windows. At the proper time Balalaika was suppose to come. We expected Balalaika to show up any minute.'

'Then, two unmarked cars drive up, and stop in front of the coffee shop.'

'It Hotel Moscow. They rolled down the windows facing up, and fired their PM sixty-three RAK sub-machine guns, which used nine by eighteen millimeter Makarov ammunition.'

'After the attack, I did some researched and I found this was a Polish a special forces weapon. Hotel Moscow was probably use those weapons as a form of cover for their actions.'

'Balalaika clearly was trying to make this appear to be a hit by a rival group that was not hers.'

'I believe later on Hotel Moscow gave one of those weapons to Lagoon Company, as part of a payment for a job. And that was one of the weapons Revy used to destroy Luak's ships in the Black Lagoon series.'

'Still, even if Balalaika had Hotel Moscow use their AK seventy-fours, with their five point forty-five by thirty-nine ammunition, it would have done them no good.'

'The walls and windows were fortified against such attacks. Under the veneer of the walls, the walls had steel plates. Each plate was rated to handle up to a fifty caliber. We placed lined the inside of the outer walls of the shop, with three layers of these plates'

'These were the same types of armor plating as the type that Bao used on his bar counter, at the Yellowflag. Actually, we sold him our scraps from this little venture, to make his armored bar counter. Though, we did give Bao a good deal on our offer. And he took our deal. And he paid us the full amount, up front.'

'Even at that point, a number of the subordinates of the various mafias, including Sawyer and Sawyer, like to go to the Yellowflag for a drink, on occasional.'

'So, keeping that man alive would only bring more harmony to my friendships with Shenhua and Sawyer.'

'Though, at the time, I arranged for neither of them to meet each other. And I kept them separate, for the most part. Because, I was not sure how they would react to each other. They might try to kill each other. They might become friends. They might even band together, to try to take me down.'

'And I admired both of them too much to want to see anything bad happen to them.'

'And with Sawyer where they full body medical scrubs, at work helped. So, when I eventually started sending Shenhua to drop bodies off for the Cleaner to dispose of, Shenhua did not recognize Sawyer. This was confirmed, years later, when I had the chance to review both the Black Lagoon anime and manga.'

'I am so happy, when they finally got together, they began friends, with Lotton helping to keep their friendship grounds and civil. Fighting may not be Lotton's forte, but Lotton does know how to play peacemaker when he, or now, she has too.'

'Now, back to the back to our first attempted meeting with Balalaika, and the ambush she sent as a response to our invitation.'

'Concerning the building we met, along with our armored walls, the windows were made of two layers of ballistic glass. Just over twelve centimeters thick.'

'So, the attackers watched as their bullets get caught in the ballistic glass, and not make it into the cafe shop.'

'Then, the russians had the audacity of not driving off., but instead they got out of their cars, with their ski masks covering their faces. While dressed in fatigues. As they approached the door.'

'When they approached the front door, they found the door was near solid steel, with wooden veneer. And with the door having three deadbolts, there were locked, at three different points of the door. The top, middle, and bottom.'

'Also, any flanking teams, trying to come in to the shop, from the back. They quickly found that the back doors, along with all the windows, walls, floors, and ceiling, of the shop, were equally armored.'

'And the Hotel Moscow members stood, looking at us, through the windows, while they were trying to figure out what to do next.'

'I just looked back at them, and smiled. Verrocchio raised an eyebrow at the absurdity of the situation. While Abrego and Chin just laughed.'

'At that moment, my men, along with the men of a few of the other mafia families,
popped up from behind the bar counter, behind us, with their weapons pointed at the attacker.'

'This showed the Hotel Moscow members that even if they got inside, they would only wind up dead.'

'A few seconds later, they realized they were not going to win this fight, and the attackers got back to their cars, and left.'

'We knew it was Hotel Moscow who did this. But, the way we countered their attack gave us all a good laugh.'

'And I think we were the only ones to ever beat Hotel Moscow, in a battle, without firing a shot. Though, we hurt them where it counts. Their pride. Their egos. We emasculated them. And I do not want to know how pissed off we made them. But, I am sure that most of them were upset. Especially, Balalaika.'

'Still, it was then, I decided it was time to take a more proactive approach in dealing with Balalaika. I would be the one to ambush her. But, I already realized this type of attack had to wait a few weeks, for me to set up.'

'Though, after that embarrassing event, Balalaika back off on us, because she was not sure how we would counter her next. And I used my time wisely, to lay my trap.'

'The night, about fifteen minutes before the Lagoon crew showed up, Balalaika and Hotel Moscow were at the docks. They were there under the false impression they were going to meet their contact from the Golden Triangle, to start work on creating their heroin smuggling routes.'

'My men and I then sprang our trap, in that moonlit night. Shenhua was there. I heard she and Boris had one hell of a fight between them, where they were ultimately forced to back off, to help their comrades. And while both sides lost men, in all honesty, it ended in a draw.'

'While the anime did not even show our fight. And the manga only showed a few vague pictures. The personal duel between Balalaika and I was epic.'

And this battle was one of the few times that I saw Balalaika dual wield against me. And she was good. I think she did so, as a way to mock me over my own dual wielding.'

'At the end of our battle, she was so good at dual wielding, she used her right pistol, to shoot the semi-automatic pistol from my left hand, while I used the pistol in my right hand, to hit her in her lower right side of her abdomen.'

'If I had been using a forty-fives, instead of my twenty-twos, that would have likely been eventually a fatal wound... But, oh well. Hindsight is twenty-twenty. And all that... Still, if she has not been using target ammo for her nine-millimeter pistols, the shots she hit me with, would have killed me, before I could get medical attention. So, when it comes to fate, I consider that a wash.'

'Though, I will give Balalaika credit. She had the foresight to use drum magazines, for her semi-automatic pistols, while I had my standard ten round magazines for my semi-automatic pistols.'

'The battle between Balalaika and I both, to us to the end of the pier, were we shot each other a few times. With Balalaika going over the edge, into the bay, while I was barely able to stand. With Shenhua helping me, as some of my men provided us cover, while the rest, including myself, escape. And I was able to get to some doctors in time for me to survive. And fortunately, I did fully recover.'

'Unfortunately, so did Balalaika.'

'The Lagoon crew pulled into port, right after Balalaika and I had concluded our fight, on the docks of the city. They saw Balalaika go into the bay. they saved Balalaika's life. With Dutch and Benny knowing basic first aid. And Revy was a quick learner, on the spot.'

'This is where Balalaika got the nickname, sis, from Revy. Lagoon company got Balalaika treated and to a doctor as quickly as possible. But, by then, Balalaika had lost a lot of her blood, and she needed an immediate blood transfusion. Fortunately, Revy was a compatible blood donor. And in a rare show of charity, Revy donated her blood, willing to Balalaika, without given compensation. After that, Revy consider Balalaika, her blood sister. And that is where the nickname, sis, came from. Balalaika allowed Revy to call her that, because she found it amusing, and she was grateful towards Revy, for Revy's part in saving her life.'

'I am happy that Revy's insanity has nothing to do with her blood. Because, an insane Balalaika would scare even me.'

'Also, I did not hold it against Lagoon company, for saving Balalaika's life. I action found it to be a good sign about their character, and personalities. The first thing they do, when they come to town, is safe a life of a stranger. That might have been a first in Roanapur mafia history. And I realized they did not know who Balalaika was, at the time. And I found that type of action showed they were worth keeping around, and giving a chance for independent jobs.'

'Also, I know for a fact that Balalaika felt a similar way, towards the Lagoon crew, over the situation. That she felt she owed Dutch, and the rest of Lagoon company, for saving her life. If nothing else, Balalaika has a sense of honor. It was why our two organizations rarely came to blows after that first fight... That and the fact that neither of us were sure we could take the other, in a fight, without being killed.'

'Though, it was then, after Balalaika and I, were laid up from our wounds, that I realized Balalaika's own weakness.'

'If Balalaika does sense weakness. She will try to exploit that weakness as quickly as possible. Such as the ambush at the cafe shop. But, if she is taken by surprise, and loses, due inventiveness she could not take into account of, she will back off.'

'Balalaika's weakness is she does not like dealing with the unknown. And I have used that weakness against her, on occasion.'

'Anyway, one act of charity, in saving Balalaika life, bought the three Lagoon members more good will than they would have likely gotten, any other way, when coming to Roanapur.'

'I do not believe in coincidence. To that end, that incident was one of the events, in my life, that helped prove to me that we were all living in a fiction reality. With Roberta coming to Roanapur for the first time, cementing my beliefs, on the matter. And that the members of that PT boat were going to be main characters in the work of fiction were were in. Though, I just did not realize by how much. Though, I did realize, that do to this, they had great potential. Potential I could use.'

'Also, I realized that Balalaika, and Hotel Moscow would have their roles as well. Along with myself, and my organization.'

'As soon as I was healed, after I had made a truce with Balalaika. Given, we were not in the condition to fight. I arrange for the Lagoon crew to come meet me.'

'Also, I know that Balalaika had a similar meeting, once she healed. When Balalaika met the Lagoon crew, I am sure she realized their potential, as well.'

'When the three Lagoon members were brought to me. They came willingly, and politely. Though, Revy still had that mouth of hers. Though, given my interest in them, since I realized they were going to be part of whatever fictional series we were in. And I recognized Revy as one of those that had kidnapped me, years ago, in Hong Kong. I let Revy's statements towards my organization, and myself slide.'

'Though, I bet Dutch and Benny thought I did so, because Revy had a hot body. While that was not the case, I let them continue thinking that.'

'And as Revy's teacher, I fully earned Revy's respect, and she did not insult me, nor my organization, afterward.'

'I found Dutch had the laid-back personality, that made for a good captain. Whom would do jobs for both of us. But, he would avoid the politics of our uneasy situation.'

'Dutch told me that he considered himself, and his team, to be just a delivery service that took their jobs to the extreme. Got a mild chuckle from his comment about his job.'

'I admit that Benny didn't seem like much then. But, even at the time, I could sense there was intelligence behind his eyes.'

'And when Revy and I met, we both recognized each other. I remembered her future self, from my youth. And she recognized me from that bar, during that night in Caracas.'

'While Revy was uncouth, from my meeting of her, in my youth, I knew she had talent. But, I already realize that no one had yet to teach her. Next, she asked me to teach her how to fire with two pistols as once. Like I can do. It was then that I realized that I was destined to her teacher. And we were in a temporal loop.'

'And while Lee's stories, are part of the loop. His stories do not account for everything. Such as that night in Caracas. But, those are mysteries for another day.'

'Do have to admit, Revy can really smile when she wants to. Like when I told her I would teacher her how to dual wield to pistols at once.'

'So, during this time, I would hire Lagoon company to do a few jobs, and they did well with all of them. And Balalaika would hire them for jobs and they did well. And other third parties would hire for jobs and they did well. Thus, allowing them to build their reputation in Roanapur as skills smugglers. They did not become pirates, until after I fully trained Revy.'

'And when the Lagoon was not take jobs, I taught Revy how to use two guns at once. Including giving her some pointers shooting while running. But, first I taught her proper gun safety. How to safely remove jammed bullets from firearms.'

'How to take apart various firearms, clean them, and put back together said firearms. I even got her a nice firearm cleaning kit, to do this with.'

'And those lessons show in how she using firearms. Such as when she is not using her pistols, while holding them, she keeps her trigger fingers set against the trigger guards, and not the triggers, themselves.'

'Along with this, I instructed her on the proper physical exercises she would need to get the most out of her shooting style.'

'And she followed those exercises to the letter, almost every day, she could do them. With those exercises really helping Revy keep her figure.'

'Also, I found that Revy was naturally extremely agile. And this played will for the style of gunfighting I taught her.'

'I even helped Revy acquire those customized Beretta ninety-two FS Inox nine millimeter semi-automatic pistols she uses. Which used a double-action trigger system, that allowed the trigger to pulled back the hammer to fire the weapon. And the safety lever on the back of the slide allowed for a decocking function for the hammer. Along with plenty of ammo clips, and ammo for her weapons.'

'I had those pistols custom made for her. And the reason I picked the ninety-two FS was that that pistol model was a step up from the Beretta M nine she was using, when I met. And since she was already comfortable using the M nine, I just got a couple of custom pistol that were a step up from the M nine, but still used the same basic design as the M nine.'

'Since, when I met Revy, when she first came to Roanpaur, she was using a Beretta M nine, with some skill. So, I decided to get her a customize weapon, of a similar model, that used the same caliber of ammo. Actually, the ninety-two FS was just the next update to the M nine series of semi-automatic pistols. With the hammer pin being enlarged, to keep the slide from ejecting backwards, if the slide cracked on the end, as it hits the back, while it ejects a cartridge shell.'

'I also made sure her new weapons had extended barrels. So, she could attach a suppressor to each of them, for quiet assassinations.'

'I even offered to get her some suppressors for her pistols. But, Revy has always preferred to do things loud and boisterous. To this day, the woman just does not appreciate the value of being subtle and quiet.'

'And unless she had too, she also preferred to fight alone. With the exceptions being some of Eda's schemes. The greed from those two have gotten them in trouble over the years, while they were in Roanapur. With someone having to get them out of trouble. Either with Dutch pulling rank as captain of Lagoon company. Or, when Balalaika, Yolanda, or I, were there with those two. To show them how it really is done.'

'Though, I am happy that Revy eventually realized that sometimes she needed help. I believe she first, finally learned this, when Roberta returned to Roanapur, on the hunt for the Gray Foxes. She realized that Roberta was to much to handle alone. So, she hired Shenhua and Sawyer to come help her.'

'I am very proud of Revy, that she finally learned this lesson.'

'And in that mission, Lotton ended up coming, as well. And I am glad he did. His actions saved Shenhua and Sawyer's lives. I may be one of the first few people, in my reality, to realize that Lotton is not to be underestimated.'

'Though, I was not happy how Revy got herself, and Shenhua injured, at the end. But, that was Shenhua's fault for coming along with Revy, in the first place. And both of them did eventually make a full recovery.'

'Speaking of Shenhua, the reason I kept her and Revy in the dark from each other, since Revy came to Roanapur, was much like why I kept Shenhua and Sawyer away from each other.

But, unlike Shenhua and Sawyer. I found that Shenhua and Revy were two much alike. I knew that if they ever met, their personalities would clash. Which possibility could end in a fight where one, or both of them would be killed, or permanently cripple.'

'Along with Sawyer, both those women were too valuable to me for me to waste like that. So, I schedule Shenhua's jobs, and Revy's training, to where they would never meet, and my plan worked like a charm.

'Though, due to that whole middle-eastern mess in my reality, my hand was forced on the matter. And I had to arrange it so that on Basilan island, Revy would meet Shenhua. Because, I needed my best people working on that mission. And Shenhua and Revy were two of my top people. Even though, Revy was with Lagoon company.'

'And from what Leigharch told me afterward. After he sobered up. And from what I saw later in my series, my fears were partly confirmed. Their personalities did clash. But, I was happy that is clash turned into a friendly rivalry between the two of them.'

'Also, I am glad that Shenhua fully recovered from her wounds, from both that whole Greenback Jane mess, and the Bloodhound mess. She has had a couple of close calls over the years. But, those were the worst.'

'And after the Bloodhound mess, Revy was out of action for a few weeks, as well.'

'While I thought their friendship has soured after the who Greenback Jane incident. After the Bloodhound mess, I realized there was still the possibility of friendship between the two of them. Along with Sawyer and Lotton become friends with Revy. Because all three of them came to Revy's aid to face the Bloodhound.'

'And I knew that the three of them knew the Bloodhound's reputation, beforehand. I gave After my first meeting with Garcia ended. Later that night, I arranged for Shenhua a copy of everything I knew the Bloodhound. And I told her to share this information with Sawyer and Lotton. Because they all lived in Shenhua's appartment.'

'I knew there was a chance they would run into the Bloodhound. And I wanted to make sure they knew what they were facing. Personally, in the hopes they would run. Which didn't happen.'

'Still, I am happy they got out of that mess alive.'

'So, while they were paid by Garcia, to take the job. They still knowingly knew what they were walking into, beforehand.'

'Though, back to Shenhua, Sawyer, and Lotton's possible friendship with Revy.'

I knew it was possible for Shenhua and Sawyer to become friends with Revy. With Lotton ending up a friendly acquaintances of Revy, and by extension the rest of the Lagoon members. And I found this to be true.'

'Lotton even ended up occasionally going out for drinks with Dutch, Benny, and Rock, along with Akira, in his male form, for various guys nights out. And they occasionally still go out drinking together, to this day.'

'And on Shenhua, Revy, and Sawyer becoming good friends. I realized all they needed was a proper experience to solidify their friendship. Though, I was not crazy enough to arrange such an event. Which could have badly backfired on me.'

'And I am happy I did not arrange that event. And it was Lee that arrange the event for me. That scene shopping between Revy, Shenhua, Sawyer, and Akira, in book one of Lee's stories did the job of solidifying their friendship better than anything I could come up with. And that was a funny read.'

'I am surprised that Lee later did that again. This time a male version, with past Bob, future Bob, and B, at the beginning of book three of his stories. But, Lee did a good job there, as well.'

'And unlike what some people think. I fully supported Shenhua when she decided to let Sawyer and Lotton move in with her, in her home.'

'Sawyer has always been a good freelance ally. And she could relate to Shenhua. And it is nice that Shenhua would have someone to talk too, on such matters. And as I hoped, they became good friends.'

'Also, I had no problems with Lotton being with those two, as well. While Lotton was a bit of a poser, he saved both their lives, and got them to a hospital. After Shenhua recovered, she asked me about him and Sawyer moving in with her. She also mentioned that she and Sawyer liked him. So, I said I didn't have any problem with them moving in with her.

'And all those things Lotton did for those two women earned him points with me. And Lotton even saved them again, against Roberta. That earned him even more points with me. When Shenhua told me what happened. And how Lotton saved her and Sawyer.'

'Anyone that is will to take one in the balls, from the Bloodhound no less, to save those two women, has earned my respect. But, I am glad that Lotton wore a steel cup. Though, Roberta still dented it. But, Lotton did recover a few weeks, later.'

'Also, I later learned that Lotton was the only person during the Jane chase that wore a bulletproof vest, on that job, and due to that, he was one of the few people to walk away from that battle under his own power.'

'It was clear that Lotton liked to be prepared.'

'And from what Shenhua later told me, and from watching the Robert's Blood Trail anime arc, and reading the manga, on how Lotton saved her and Sawyer's lives. And the fact Lotton survived both those battles in one piece, earned him several more points with me.'

'And considering all this, after Lotton showed me the dent Roberta's boot made in that steel athletic cup, I helped Lotton replace his steel athletic cup with a titanium athletic cup. Ouch. That kick also explained why Lotton wasn't able to was not able to walk straight for a week afterward.'

'And over time, I came to realize that Lotton was not the idiot he pretended to be. That there was brains in that head of his. Those were some of the reasons I signed off to letting Shenhua join the Raven Unit team he was forming, in exchange for a percentage of what they made.'

'And when Lotton finally dropped the mask of idiocy. Off screen, as it wore, at the end book one of Lee's stories. And he told me, in private, that he figured out my reality traveling research, along with the fact we had visitors from other realities. And he had videos of the event in question. I decided it was best to let him in my operation. And he did so well, that I eventually made him my second in command, for a while... That was a fun time for both of us... Though, I am not going to say that out loud, in case one of our victims overhears us.'

'Still, back to Revy. When I was training Revy, when I gave her those two ninety-two FS pistols, that I had custom made for her, she said she liked them. And since she considered herself a modern day pirate. In contrast to Dutch and Benny whom considered Lagoon company to be a delivery service. This was when Revy started suggestion to Dutch and Benny, they should branch out in to piracy. And from what I understand, neither of them were immediately opposed to the idea.'

'Revy even stated she wanted to call her new pistols, cutlasses. Like the sword cutlass that pirates used it use.'

'I went a step further, and suggested that she name her new pistols the, Praiyachat Sword Cutlass Specials.'

'Revy requested that I explain the name to her. And I had problem with doing so. Special, was for that they were custom made weapons. And Praiyachat, was a play on words for the name of the of the Chao Phraya river. With the Chao Phraya river being a major river in north Thailand, that went through Bangkok, the capital of Thailand, and emptied out into the Gulf of Thailand.'

'I also told her that the translation of Chao Phraya was, grand duke. And the river is also referred to as, the river of kings.'

'Though, I did not mentions to Revy, that since I considered myself king of Roanapur, I found it a fitting name for the pair of guns I helped my student acquired.'

'Revy still got a few good laughs out of my answer to her questions.'

'Revy then asked me why I named her weapons after a river. I told her that if she was going to play with the pirate theme, that she should go a step further. In that one of the strengths of a PT boat was that it was small, to the larger ships that it was designed to target. And that one of the tactics PT boats used was to hide in rivers, and lay in wait, to strike out at their large prey, at high speed, as they passed by, in a larger body of water.'

'And by using a PT boat, the Lagoon company were not just pirate of the sea, but river pirates, as well.'

'Revy got another good laugh out my comment. And when she finally calmed down she said she liked name of her pistols, which made me smile, in response. And she wanted to do a few more things to her pistols. What she told me she wanted to do, only make me smile even more.'

'We took the pistols back to the creator of it, to have some engravings made on Revy's weapons. First, silver Calico Jack, skull and crossbones, pirate symbols, inlaid in the middle of the white, pearl grips, of her pistols.'

'Revy also had both slides of her pistols engraved. On the left side of each of her slides, was engraved '9mm Sword Cutlass'.

'In the right side of the slides was engraved, on the left side, the model of the pistol. Mod 92F. As in modification. Then, a small Calico Jack symbol, in the middle of that side of the slide. And to the left of the Calico Jack symbol was the Thai inscription of the creator of the pistols.'

'I guess, like all artists, including sword makers. That gunsmith was so proud of his work, that he signed his name to Revy's weapons. With Revy and I both agreeing that it only made her weapons even cooler.'

'Once, I was sure that Revy was good another to use two pistols, at once, while moving, I then taught her how to use a rifle, grenade launcher. Along with other projectile weapons.'

'And after I was finished teaching her, I believe that Revy became one of the best sharpshooters I know of. And her skills with grenade launcher are impressive, as well.'

'While, in just basic long distance target shooting, Balalaika, and Roberta have her beat. It is not by much. But, when it comes to shooting moving targets at long distance, I think Revy has those two beat. She can use a rifle, while on a boat. Hitting someone, or something, on another boat. On the seas. With both boats bobbing in the water. While moving force. With a crosswind between both boats. And she hits her mark almost every time.'

'As her teacher, she made me very proud at the level of skill she showed in the use of the weapons I to wielded.'

'But, I did not just stop teaching her, there. As we finished her firearm training, I then helped her a bit with her hand to hand skills. But, she was clearly a brawler. And as long as I knew she could beat someone in a hand to hand fight, while she was able to take a punch, or two, herself, I was happy.'

'This was because I did not want to make her a master at hand to hand combat as well. Given her endurance at the time bordered on the fanatical. That four fight with Roberta proved that to be a fact. And with the super-soldier serum. She has gone beyond even previous physical limitations. If she became a master at hand to hand combat, she would be unstoppable.'

'And Revy is way to unpredictable to give that much power to.'

'So, I wanted her to not be as skilled as I am in hand to hand combat, in case she ever turned on me. Or, she went completely berserk. So if need be, I could still take her out. Quickly and as painlessly, as possible. Though, I am glad we were never put in that situation.'

'And when Revy has finished her training. With me confirming to Dutch, that was the case. The Lagoon members when on their first pirate run. A job I hired them for. And they accomplished their job with flying color.'

'After that, Lagoon company embraced their piracy. And they became known in the criminal underworld of Roanapur, as skilled pirates and smugglers.'

Though, they were always careful to not try to cross the families, when the took jobs. With Balalaika and I both being Dutch's confidants, when it came to background checks. Dutch had both our personal phone numbers. And when it came to such information, we both realized how valuable Lagoon company was as a third party in our game between each other. So, there were no problems for either of proving information to them, as long as doing did not conflict with our organizations, nor operations.'

'This information sharing, eventually lead to a few times that Balalaika and myself, shared information with each other, in private. Such as during the whole Vampire Twin mess. I am happy those two ended up being reincarnated as Rebecca and Yukio. They deserves a second chance. And I am happy that Lee gave them one. Along with Lee giving a few others a second chance, as well.'

'And even with her flaws, I found Revy, though a bit crude, to be a very good student. She was also nice to me, when I was teacher her, because she wanted to learn from me. And I found she soaked up knowledge and skills, of what she is interested in, very quickly. I will never say this to Revy's face. But, I agree with Lee. Revy is as intelligent as Rock. She is just not as knowledgeable, nor emotionally mature.'

'And while I did teach Revy. I never tried to come on, nor did a sleep with her.'

'At the time, though I am sexually attracted to women, I was not sexually attracted to crazy women. I guess I shared that trait with Lee.'

'Though, since getting involved with River, I amended my opinion, on the matter. But, still, I am wary of crazy women. Which is likely why I am still alive.'

'Not counting the kidnapping and chase, from future Revy, Shenhua, Sawyer, and Rock. While in the Hong Kong Police force, I saw plenty of examples of crazy, beautiful women destroying the lives of men. Some of them were even my friends. And the whole situation left a sour taste in my mouth.

'And while I liked Revy as a student, and a friend. I did not want to be her lover.'

'I was also was there, when Revy decided to finally come out of her shell, for a few months. And sexually experiment some. And with her doing this in Roanapur, it allowed her to jump in the deep end of sexual discovery.'

'The less I think about those events, the saner I feel.'

'Everyone who knows about what Revy did during that time. From Dutch, Benny, Balalaika, Boris, Bao, Rowan, and myself. We all agreed never to speak of those events, ever again.'

'And after a few months of Revy discovering that side of herself, she decided to go back to being celibate. As far as I know. At least until she met Rock.'

'I didn't know all the details. And I still don't want to know all the details. But, I do know that whatever Revy was doing was starting to become self-destructive. And, at the time, Dutch hinted that he staged an intervention, for Revy, and it worked. If that is the case, I am surprised that Dutch and Benny are still breathing. But, I am happy they are. And that Revy listened to them.'

'When I finished training Revy, I was tempted to invite her into the Triad. But, I did not do so for three very important reasons.'

'First, was that she was psychologically damaged. Even I could tell that some trauma in her past left her almost permanently pissed off and angry. The Triad would not tolerate the disrespect she would eventually show her superiors. And one of us would kill her, or try to kill her. Creating a mess for all of us, that would be involved.'

'Since Revy already took jobs from me, through Lagoon Company. And she respected me. If I wanted her to do something, I could already hire her as an independent mercenary. Which I did, on occasion.'

'And Revy was nowhere near the first person, I used as an independent, because while they were very skilled at what they did. These types of people just do not fit well in my organization, as a regular member.'

'With Shenhua being a rare exception.'

'One such example was Sawyer. Anyone could tell, from the scars and the voice box she used to use, that Sawyer had a mess of history. Though, she had her physical problems repair. Still, she was always polite and professional to her customers. And she is one of the best body disposal experts I have ever met.'

'Though, from what I understand, Sawyer never ate meat from the swine processing plant she used as a front organization. I didn't either. Too much long pork in their products.'

'Second, Dutch, and his Lagoon crew, did their jobs very well. And I did not want to wreck such a skilled team.'

'And third, I was not sure if I could control both Shenhua and Revy at the same time. Without brainwashing technology, that I did not have at the time. With Revy working for Lagoon Company, Dutch was the one that kept Revy in line. And I was grateful towards Dutch, for that. And I was able to keep Shenhua in line, without to much difficulty.'

'With Revy trained, things were still wild, but events moved along.'

'With all the players I knew about, in Roanapur. And a few I didn't. I just had to wait for the last player I knew about to show up. Rock. Though, I would have liked a previous warning on the Bloodhound. But, that was an oversight on my part, when I forgot, during the bar fight in Caracas, when the cartel leader called Roberta, the Bloodhound.'

'An oversight that I missed, but Balalaika did not. I am happy that Balalaika was not able to use my mistake there, against me.'

'Still, with everything else set. All I had to do was wait for Rock to show up. In the meantime, I decided that I would play peacemaker, to kill time. And the fact that I realized that the fates would conspire against me, if I try take to take out Balalaika and Hotel Moscow. So, instead of vying to be the godfather of this city, I solidified by credibility as peacemaker of this city.'

'And with Balalaika as my foil, it was never boring, in our own little cold war between our two organizations.'

'That was when I began to realize that Balalaika's and my luck was nothing short, than screwy. Neither of our two groups were able to get the upper hand, until I got reality travel, and by then, I had no interest in killing any of them. When I could simply use them for my own means.'

'Though, at the time, I had not intention of tipping my hand to anyone, as to why I did was I did. Nor, did I ever share with anyone, what my true agenda was, until after I discovered reality travel. With Lotton being my first confident. And Lotton never betrayed my trust.'

'While we were still vying for power in Roanapur, the other family head did not mind this, because, except for Balalaika, the others were afraid of me. Even though they would not openly admit it. And they knew, that I knew, that they knew, they were afraid of me.'

'Though, I did not fully create peace in the city, because much like Balalaika, I realized that peace would be boring, and it would lead to laziness, and making mistakes. And we had so much fun keeping each other on our toes, and stay sharp.'

'Then, around two years after the Lagoon company showed up. That crew finally brought Rock into town. I found out the details of Rock being in town, a few days after they played chicken with that military helicopter, with their PT Boat, and they won.'

'At the time, I didn't fully believe that story. Until, I saw the Black Lagoon series. And I still think that stunt was insane. But, it was cool.'

'But, I was troubled that reports stated that Rock was a man.'

'And while the Black Lagoon series did not show it, the series did omit to the fact that I had met Rock, long before the whole Basilan incident. Though, anyone with a brain, who watched the beginning of the eleventh episode, Lock'n Load Revolution, could tell, that because of how casual Rock was towards me. And that I did not introduce myself to Rock, in that episode. That we had met before. And we knew each other.'

'This is because, I had hired Lagoon company, a week after Chin was finally killed by Balalaika. But, before the Nazi arc. During that time, I had hired Lagoon Company for a few minor jobs, as an excuse to meet with Rock.'

'On the day I met Rock for the first time, I had invited over Rock, Dutch, Benny, and Revy, to my headquarters. And when we met, I introduced myself to Rock.'

'Yet, when I met Rock, though I did not outwardly show it, I was throw for a loop. When it was confirmed with my own eyes, that Rock was a man.'

'But, the male Rock and the female Rock, looked to closely alike each other, that I knew there was a connection between the two of them. And that while my memory of that kidnapping and chase in Hong Kong had dimmed slightly, I could tell that the two Rocks looked liked brother and sister.'

'During our first meeting, when I looked at Rock, I briefly wondered, in thought, if Rock did not have a twin sister. But, I realized that would not be the case, because Dutch told me, at that first meeting, between us, that he gave Rock his nickname. So, Rock was not his real, given name. And Dutch is not the type of person to give two people the same nickname.'

'And I could not ask Rock that question, of did he have a twin sister, without having questions raised by Revy, Dutch, Benny, and Rock, himself, as to why I would ask such a question.'

'And that question would have created a bad first impression between Rock and myself. Which was something I wanted to avoid.'

'I later had my organization do a background check on Rock, and I found that he was not related to anyone that would looked like his female counterpart.'

'And, at the time, I believed the male Rock could not have been the female Rock, because the female Rock was much smaller in body mass, and she has a much smaller bone structures to her physical frame. Those are things that could not be changed with the medical technology of my world, at that time.'

'So, I decided that since I would not going to be able to get any answers to the mystery of the two Rocks, I would just privately table any questions I had for a later date. Because, I knew that my answers would come in the fullness of time.'

'And over time, I found that I came to admire Rock, as a person, and for his mind. I saw much potential in Rock. Much of which Rock has already realized. And to this day, I still see more potential that Rock has yet to tap into.'

'We all then had some more adventures. And after Roberta and Garcia left Roanapur, for a second time, with Fabiola, Akira showed up.'

'When Shenhua mentioned Akira. She did not go into detail about Akira. She only said she had found a promising gunfighter that she, Sawyer, Revy were teaching.'

'And Shenhua stated that Lotton's plan, for Raven Unit, now had merit. That was why, I allowed Lotton to have his little time. And they proof almost as useful as Lagoon Company.'

'I respected Shenhua's privacy, to trust her judgment, and her privacy. And I did not ask her question about Akira. I did not look into Akira's background. And I allowed Lotton's Raven Unit to move forward, in exchange for thirty percent of the profits. And I knew that Lotton would not try to cheat me on the matter.'

'Also, the thought of Shenhua, Revy, and Sawyer, teaching anyone, together, scared me a little. And I did not want to risk digging for information, into the situation, only to upset those three women.'

'And I am glad I trusted Shenhua on these matters. My decisions, at that time, came back to reward me, ten fold.'

'Still, I did not fully understand what was going on, until after the bad girl bikini contest, when, I first laid eyes on Akira, as a woman.'

'After seeing the hot, blond caucasian woman, on the open stage, at that contest, and learning that she was the Akira that Shenhua knew. I wondered about her, out loud. I said that I though Akira look familiar. I did not realize until later, that this Akira was the same Akira from the Gacha Gacha Secret manga.'

'Dutch was beside me, and he heard what I said In response, he warned me that Shenhua was keeping secrets about Akira, for the sake of myself.'

'That only piqued my interest about, Akira.'

'So, I put out some feelers, to find out more about Akira. And I learned that there was also a black hair japanese man, named, Akira, that was with Shenhua, Sawyer, Lotton, and Revy.'

'And ironically, a few weeks after the bikini contest ended, it was Eda that was the most help on this. She sold me information on Akira. That information being that Akira could change genders with a sneeze. Back a forth. From a black hair japanese man, to a caucasian blond bombshell of a woman, and back again to a black haired japanese man. And in selling me this information, which I did pay her for. Given, her information usually pans out. Eda's greed finally caught up with her, later on.'

'That was when I realized I need Eda's claim confirmed, with someone I personally trusted.'

'I finally decided to talk to the one person I could trust, that knew what was really going on, and whom would not lie to me.'

'I privately talked to Shenhua about Akira. While I did not say where I got the information from. Because having Shenhua and Sawyer kill Eda would ruin my professional relationship with Yolanda. Though, I did say that I heard that Akira could change genders with a sneeze. And I wanted Shenhua to confirm, or deny that claim.'

'Though, she had hidden a few things from me. Even with our problems in the past. To this date, Shenhua has not once lied to me, about anything. I respect her for that. And she confirmed that both Akiras were the same person. That Akira did change genders with a sneeze.'

'I remained silent to her claim. I did not really believe her, nor Eda's claims, at the time. I mean unless someone saw that, first hand. Who would believe such a claim? But, I also did not believe that she was lying to me, either. So, I sent her back home, for the day, as I thought about what she said.'

'A few days later, Shenhua and I both met the future versions of Annie and John. After they left my casino, I realized who they were. They were from fictional realities. And they clearly knew us. The way Annie fought Shenhua, showed that Annie had fought her before. Or, in this case, she fought Shenhua, in our future. Meaning, they were from our future.'

'Meeting them confirmed that that my home reality was a work of fiction. And that ours were about to become a lot more interesting. And I was correct on that assessment.'

'Also, this revelation allowed me to suddenly realize where I remembered seeing Akira from. This was when I realized who Akira was. And I realized that it was time to have a personal, private meeting with Akira.'

'Later that night, I had my subordinates bring Akira to meet me later that night. I had some fun with the natto joke, and showing Akira my fictional collection. This allowed me to show Akira that I knew who he was. Then, I got to business. And from our meeting, I had many of my immediate questions answered by Akira. Including, that I learned from Akira, that the title of what my reality fictional series was called, Black Lagoon. And that we were from the anime timeline.'

'And I knew this opened up new possibilities for me. All I had to do was figure how to travel beyond my reality, and into other realities. I knew it was possible. I had just met two reality travelers earlier that evening. And at the time, I was speaking a third one.'

'Though, I knew better than to try to have Akira tell me how he did it. I knew from my genre savviness, that fate would not allow me to take a shortcut, and that if I tried, it would backfire on me.'

'I knew the only way for me to achieve reality travel would be to do it the proper way, and figure it out on my own. Or, in my case, hire some people who could do that job for me. And make sure they were well paid for the job, and not betrayed...'

'Well, not at first. Until, I went off the deep end, on my power trip, and I had them put through the vat process. Turned into women, and brainwashed to be loyal to me. But, that is another story. And I have since regretted my actions, and I have tried to make amends to those I had employed. Including, a number of them that I rehired, when I opened this casino.'

'Though, before I did started research on reality travel. I needed to confirm what Shenhua had claimed about Akira was real. So, so during our meeting, I requested that Akira change genders in front of me. And Akira agreed to do so.'

'While Akira was still clothed, I watched as Akira sneezed in front of me, and changed from a man to a woman. She stayed a woman for around a minute, before sneezing again, and changed into back into a man.'

'I remained silent as Akira did all so. And I looked Akira, in her female form, up and down, as I could hardly believe what I was seeing.'

'And after Akira changed back into a guy, and I let him go.'

'It was after he left that I realized that both Rocks were likely one in the same. That Rock would have his gender bent, sometime in his future. At the time, I did not realize, when, and how. But, those questions were eventually answered, as well.'

'As were the questions about our series, and why the events that happened after our series, occurred. And these questions were answered when we learned about Lee and his stories.'

'And when I learned of the writer, and his series, I knew I would eventually meet him. I knew that I did not need to seek him out. That he would come to me. Because, that is how these things occur. I just had to be patient.'

'And Lee was eventually brought to me, by Rock and River, over that poker game with River, at the casino. And I did eventually figure out that Lee was the writer, and meeting Lee only piqued my interest in him.'

'My only regret, concerning Lee, was I could not help Lee, before he was forced to escape into the multiverse, to flee the maids.'

By then, Chang has found himself standing, to his left side, by the clear, plastic wall, that made up the front part of the large enclosure, where he had his female tiger kept. With the enclosure across from the rear elevator bay of the casino.

Chang turned, and looked at the tiger, in the distance, passed the clear plastic wall, and further into the very green, lush enclosure.

At the moment, Chang saw that the tiger had not yet noticed him. Though, his pet appeared to be healthy as ever, as it was playing with some large plastic toys that were provided for her.

As Chang continued to stare at the tiger. He grinned, as he thought, with slight anticipation, in his emotional state, 'But, now that I have the maestro of this insanity in my sights. And I will not lose him. If the multiverse is a concert theater. I intend to have the best maestro around, for my full orchestra.'

'Now, I just need to see if my subordinates are able to find and capture Lee, before the others get to him. Though, I am not worried. I have hired the best. And Lee arranged for my friends to spend decades at bounty hunters. And we long since learned to excel at that profession.'

The tiger then noticed Chang, as she stopped playing with her toy. She turned towards him, as she looked over at him. And for a brief moment, their eyes met. Then, the tiger looked away from Chang, in a submissive fashion.

Chang continued to look at the tiger, as he went on with his silent reflections, in thought, while feeling amusement, as he wondered, 'So, what did your tiger's eyes see in me, that made you turned away? When you looked in my eyes, and into my soul, what did you glimpse? Did you see the conquering man? The superior woman? The savvy badass? Or, perhaps all three?...'

Chang then turned around, and headed for the back elevator bay, across from the enclosure.

When Chang reached the elevator bay, he used his key on the panel lock to summon the express elevator. Soon, he made it to the penthouse. And from there, his apartment living room.

Chang then sat down on his couch, as he did some more thinking on his life, and the situation he, and his friends, had found themselves in.

(_)

Babylon Five Reality. Location, Mars, Mars Dome One, Edgars Industries Headquarters, Main Tower Building. Time, hours after the highway chase between Lee, Matthew, and Roberta, on William Edgars memorial highway.

The sounds of piano music awoke Lee from his exhaustion, and ill health, induced slumber.

Lee slowly opened his eyes, as he looked around. He realized his sunglasses were off of his face. He also saw that he was lying on his back, on a long couch that allow him to stretch his legs fully. With his left side set by the back of the couch, and his head on a pillow, in front of the armrest.

Lee found himself in a moderately small office break room, with the door to the room, that lead to a hallway, left open. The door was across the room front him. And the only light came though the windows, from the sun, on the windows on the wall, next to him.

Given the reddish-orange color and brightness of the sunlight, Lee thought, 'I guess is it just after dawn.'

Lee leaned up, and he saw that he still had his clothing on. His hearing allowed him to tell that the piano, music, or more precisely, two pianos played together from well beyond the door to a hallway. Lee thought, 'That is an odd musical melody. Yes, it is vaguely familiar. Still, I need to check if I have everything on me.'

Lee quickly checked his person. He checked his pockets and his right wrist, which had had his digital watch, along with his hologram device, strapped on to. Also, he check to make sure his ring necklace was still on him.

Lee found that he had his lighter, and a few other things in his pockets. His watch on his right wrist, which he looked at for the time. And his ring necklace under his shirts, against his chest.

But, Lee realized he was missing items, as he thought, 'I am missing my reality device, my hologram device, and my sunglasses. The last two I can live without. It is the reality device that I need to find, as soon as possible.'

'Also, I need to remember that I am in unfamiliar territory. I may not be in a security cell, nor a medical bed. Which I am happy about. But, that does not mean I am out of danger. So, I need to remain calm, and take this slowly.'

'Besides, I am still a little tired from that chase last night. But, this nap helped.'

'Fortunately, I still got my watch. So, I know what time it is. My watch says that it is ten till eight AM. And though, given Mars' daily rotation is twenty-four hours, thirty-nine minutes, and thirty-five seconds. That is only a few minutes difference, per hour. Now much, if spread out over the course of a single day.'

'But, either way, Rock and Revy's group are still likely asleep. If I am lucky. I likely have little time. Also, this is a better situation than I expected to be in when I woke up. Now, let's see where the noise is coming from?'

Lee got up from the couch. He then walked out of the room. As he entered the hallway, he left the door to the office break room open.

Lee found the music was coming from his left side. He turned and walked down the hallway to his left.

Lee then cautiously walked, as he he followed the music down the hallway.

While he walked the hallways, he heard a man's laughter over the music.

Lee also noticed that all the doors to the rooms in the hallway were closed.

Lee could barely make out the voices over the music and the laughter.

As Lee got closer to the music, he heard a man yell, “Scotch on the rocks. And I mean ice!”

Lee kept walking, as he mentally realized, 'Wait a minute... I know movie quote... I recognize that voice... It is the actor, Bob Hoskins, in one of his best, and funniest, roles, ever... I got to see this...'

Lee quicken his pace in following the music down the hallway. He turned a corner, and he soon came to an open door.

Lee stop just outside the threshold of the open doorway. The door swung inward, to Lee's left side.

When Lee looked passed the doorway, he saw a to a very nice office, with the human man, Michael Garibaldi, sitting behind his nice desk, in his office chair.

Across the room from Lee, Michael Garibaldi had his head turned to his right, as he watched something on the wallscreen monitor to his right, with speakers playing at a slightly louder volume than Lee was comfortable with. And Garibaldi continued laughing at what he was watching.

Lee noticed that Garibaldi was a number of years older than during his time at Babylon Five. And he was bald. Yet, the years had been very kind to him.

Garibaldi wore a brown business suit. Though, he did not have tie in on his suit, and the coat of his suit was buttoned up.

In front of the Garibaldi's desk were two chairs, with cushioning on the seats of the chairs.

The lighting was from soft while, fluorescent lights mounted in ten feet high ceiling in the room.

Behind the desk was a black window, that took up most of the wall, in a rectangular shape, at waist level, going up, all the way to the ceiling.

Lee thought, 'That is likely a privacy window, that can be turned from translucent to black, by running electrical current through it. They have the same type of technology in my reality.'

'Also, Garibaldi looks great for his age. And being bald seems to work for him. Also, he is still in great shape, and he looks like he could live another fifty years, at least. That is good for him. Now, what about me?'

'I need to know where exactly I am in this complex? And where my devices are? So, I can escape. If I am polite, I can probably get what I need from Garibaldi and get out of here, before Rock and the others show up. I am sure they know where I am.'

'That news helicopter followed up all the way to the gate. And I am sure the news story has been repeated a few times. To the point Rock and the other saw it, and put the pieces together. But, they are still trying to figure out how to get to me.'

'Though, now to the matter at hand. I have a seeking suspicious as to why Garibaldi laughing. And at what.'

Lee then turned to his left, to see the wallscreen monitor was playing the movie, Who Framed Roger Rabbit. The scene it was playing was early in the film, about a minute before the duck versus duck piano scene was going to conclude.

Seeing Garibaldi watch that film, in the situation that Lee was personally in, hit Lee like a mental ton of bricks.

Lee thought, with disbelief, 'I knew what movie was playing, before I walk into the room. But, being in this entire situation is too much for me. I have finally gone totally bonkers. I do not see how this situation could get any crazier. And with an imagination like mine, that is saying something. Here we have Michael Garibaldi watching the live action, cartoon hybrid movie, Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Given he is a Looney Tunes fan, this is completely in character for him to do.'

'For me, this scene is beyond surreal. I am in a fictional reality, being chased by people from other fictional realities, watching a fictional man, from this reality, viewing a fictional movie about another man dealing with fictional cartoon characters in his reality.'

'The mind screwing is strong with this one.'

'It is official. I have passed the other side of the Twilight Zone. I have gone way beyond the Outer Limits. I have arrived where madness reigns, and sanity does not exist. This is impossibly insane. In this situation, if I completely cracked up, no one would hold it against me... Hell, most of those around me would likely not even notice... Still, I am stronger than that. I will just have to push forward, and pray there is sanity on the other side of this mess. Or, at least a pleasant type of crazy I can live with.'

A few seconds later, Lee and Garibaldi watched the wallscreen as one of the ducks on screen literally blew the other duck's piano away with a cannon.

Lee thought, 'Now is good time to get his attention.' He then used his left hand to lightly knocked on the open door. He then dropped his left hand back to his side.

Garibaldi stopped laughing, as he looked up at Lee, with a smile still on his lips.

Garibaldi continued grinning, as he calmly said, “Well, if it is not the man of the hour. Good morning, Mister Gray.”

Lee calmly requested, “Good morning, Mister Garibaldi. Do you mind if I come in, and sit down.”

Garibaldi replied, “Sure.”

Just as Garibaldi reached for his remote on his desk, Lee said, as he walked toward the man's desk, “Don't stop the movie on my account.”

Instead of stopping the movie, Garibaldi picked up his remote, and just muted the sound. Though, he let it continue playing on the wallscreen. He then set his remote back on his desk.

Garibaldi turned to Lee, as he asked, “So, you have seen the movie, as well?”

Lee sat down in the office chair to his right, with the view from the chair allowing him to directly see Garibaldi, and from the corner of his left eye, the movie playing the screen.

Lee focused on Garibaldi, as he calmly answered, “Of course. It is a very funny movie. With a good plot, interesting characters, and wonderful action scenes. I remember going to see it in the theater, as a child, when the film first came out.”

Garibaldi casually inquired, “So, you are a time traveler?”

Lee coyly admitted, “Yes. In a roundabout way.”

Garibaldi asked, “And you know about me?”

Lee plainly stated, “Of course, I know about you. And so do those that are after me. That is why that that woman that was after me, just outside, did not chase me into this compound. Even she knows how dangerous you are. Because, you are not just the most powerful man on this planet. Even given your advanced years, you are likely the greatest badass on the planet.”

Garibaldi grinned, as he replied, “Well, thank you for the vote of confidence. Might I ask why you think I deserve it?”

Lee answered, “Well, I admire and respect you for a number of reasons. Such as, when most people become as powerful as you are, they try to hide their vices. On the other hand, you are complete open about your vices. And yours are wonderful vices to have. By the way, I loved my time at that convention last night. I wished I could have stayed longer.”

He mentally reflected, 'I think it is best that I do not mention to you that I had a brief run in with your daughter.'

Garibaldi said, “Thank you. And I will try to be as honest as I can. I expect you to do the same.”

Lee complimented, “That is a good policy to have. Normally, I try to do the same. But, the situation I have been in has prevented me from doing so. And since you helped me, I will be completely honest with you. First, this is not how I planned to meet with you, Mister Garibaldi.”

Garibaldi's curled into a mischievous grin, as he responded, “Oh, but it is such fun to have the introduction done this way. Having the visitor wake up, where he does not expect to be, is a classic.”

Lee thought, 'While I don't think he is senile. I see that old age has made him more mischievous. But, in a good natured sort of way. So, I should be fine, on that matter. Though, he set this meeting up from that start. With him planning for me to wake up, and follow the sounds to his office. That is why the volume was slightly high than normal. Not bad. And at least he still has his sense of humor. I can work with him.'

Lee conceded, “That is true.”

Garibaldi inquired, “So, how should I address you? I doubt that Ello Gray is your real name. Matthew mentioned it was an alias. But, he was in too much of a hurry to give me any details.”

Lee casually answered, “Lee, is fine, Mister Garibaldi. By the way, how is Mister McCormick?”

Garibaldi continued smiling, as he commented, “You made quite the impression on him. I have never seen a man want to get off planet so quickly. And I known quite a few whom have felt that way. He said. And I quote. Either give me vacation time right now, or I immediately resign. But, either way, I am getting off of this red rock, right now.”

Lee lightly chuckled at Garibaldi's comment, for a few seconds.

As Lee calmed down, he questioned, “So, what did you do?”

Garibaldi answered, “Since I did not want to lose him, I gave him vacation time. Also, you saved his life, so that counts for something.”

Lee responded, “Thank you. I am glad he is okay, and he getting out of here. Also, when I woke up, I did expected to be either in a medical bed, with IV tubes hooked to me. Or, in a security cell.”

Garibaldi pointed out, “And why would I do that? The docs here say there is nothing they can do to save your life. Your cancer it too far advanced. You only have a month, or so, to live. And from what I can found, you did everything in your power to save the lives of those people at the police station. By the way, Mister Dresden survived, and he is going to be okay. But, he does not remember anything of what happened.”

Lee replied, “That is good to hear. I didn't want my problems to haunt him for the rest of his life.”

Garibaldi smile turned a bit more warm, as he responded, “I am glad you feel that way. And I have to say, your original escape plan from the police station was nothing sort of pure genius. I have never seen an escape attempt that started with a confession, by deep telepathic scan, as a way to get out of a police station. And it would have likely worked if those officers were not so dense.”

Lee inquired, “You have a recording of that conversation?”

Garibaldi grinned, as he answered, “Of course. Who do you think they signed the contract to Mars Gov, when they wanted to update their security system? Having the former security chief of Babylon Five, and the current CEO over one of the largest companies on the planet, oversee the job was just good PR for all of us. And I gave them a fair price, for the contract, at that. And I make sure that the job was done right the first time.'

Lee complimented, “Those are all good points. And that is how one should conduct business.”

Garibaldi replied, “Thank you. After I got finished with Matthew, I spent half an hour watching the security footage of you interrogation, the videos of the garage, and the outside cameras, as well. Which we will get to in a minute. But, back to your conversation with the police, and the cellphone call during that time.”

“You offered that woman on the phone everything, including your own head, to buy time, to get out of there. So, you could keep those in the building out of the line of fire.”

“You're, escape plan by confession, might have worked with me. Or, at the very least, I would have raised the alarm, for those at the station.”

Lee commented, in a halfhearted manner, “There is no accounting for stupidity.”

Garibaldi nodded, as he agreed, “You are preaching to the choir.”

Lee thought, 'I need to know where I am in this headquarters. And what he knows about my situation. Though, with this being the CEO's office, I doubt we are on the ground floor of a side building.'

Lee asked, “Two questions first. I guess this is your office. And we are high up on the main building, in the center of this headquarters?”

Garibaldi flatly answered, “Yes. You are safe for the moment.”

Lee countered, “After last night, I have come to realize that there is nowhere safe for me.”

Garibaldi said, in sympathetic tone of voice, “I know the feeling. I have had those moments, myself.”

Lee calmly inquired, “I have no doubt about that... Before we get to more questions. I need to know. Where are my devices?”

Garibaldi answered, “That remote thing is being studied in a lab near us. A few floors down. By a technician I trust. And the hologram device...”

Garibaldi held up his left wrist. He used his right hand to pulled down his left sleeve, to showed both his digital watch, and the hologram device beside each other, with his watch closer to his hand. After which, he lowered his left hand, as he used his right hand to pull his sleeve back down his arm.

Garibaldi continued, “Well, I am keeping this hologram device.”

Lee shrugged, as he casually said, “If having it helps convince you to help me, you can have it.”

Garibaldi smiled, as he replied, “Thanks. This is it like something from the original Total Recall movie. We have hologram devices here, but I have never seen one that functions like this.”

Lee commented, “That is because that device is from the original Total Recall reality.”

Garibaldi commented, “So, he was right.”

Lee requested, “Could you please back up to who you are talking about? And start from the beginning... Like, who is this, he, in question?”

Garibaldi said, “I might as well too you. You seem to appreciate the situation you are in.”

Lee complimented, “I know. And you are one of the few people on this planet that could appreciate the finer point of the situation I am in.”

Garibaldi chuckled, for a few seconds. He then said, “Thank you. And another person that would appreciate your situation would be the one that contacted me, last night.”

“One of my accountants, whom I personally know, last night, called me on my emergency line. He was using his vacation time to go to the sci-fi convention my company was sponsoring. He was the dealer you met. By the way, he want me to thank you for helping him get that big sell from those girls.”

Lee replied, “If you have the chance to see him again. Tell him, you're welcome, for me.”

Garibaldi responded, “I will. Anyway, he said, no joke, that the maids from the Black Lagoon reality were after you. Yes. I have seen a lot of old anime, and read a lot of old manga, as well. That is one of the better, classic series. Even though the series is a bit dated, it is petty good. Even the TV series is pretty good.”

“Yet, when I was talking to my friend, I realized he was serious. Because he has never been humorous with me. He has only been a professional. For as long as I have known him. To that end, he stated that he had personally met the maids two hours after you talked to him.”

Lee asked, with concern in his voice, “Is he alright?”

Garibaldi thought, 'Good. He is concerned about the welfare of others. Which confirms that his actions at the police station were likely genuine. That means he might be a decent person.'

Garibaldi answered, “Yes. They didn't do anything to him. And I honestly thought he had gone over the edge until reports started coming in, concerning that first car chase. I regret not looking at the convention security video feeds sooner. Still, I didn't get any video from the first chase. So, I have a question. Was it true that you actually were able to lose three hover-vehicles.”

Lee stated, “Actually, they are space-fighters. And I didn't lose them, so much as lucked out, that once they realized where I was going, they regrouped with the other people after me.”

Garibaldi thought, 'And I bet your plan on that chase was to count on that.' He responded, “Interesting. And that leads me to the battle at that industrial complex. You are aware that is my factory you lead that army into.”

Lee did not show it on the outside, but he thought, with worry, 'Ah oh. That also means he has the camera footage from the factory, as well. I best to fess up on the situation, so I don't dig myself into a deeper hole. Of course, I am in so deep that is might be quicker to get out by digging, than trying to climb out of the hole I have dug myself into.'

Lee quickly said, “Okay. I probably did fifty credits worth of damage to a computer mouse and keyboard. Another five hundred credits to repair a garbage chute at the roof. About four hundred in pipe repairs. And with another thousand in minor patch work, and door replacements in the building. So, round up to two thousand credits in all. Not counting the electricity bill.” Lee continued, in as slightly worried tone of voice, “I hope you are not going to bill me for all use of electicity. Because, I don't have the money for all that. I can come up with the rest, in likely a week. If left alone. But, that one, you are on your own.”

Garibaldi was quiet for a few seconds, as he thought with, amusement, 'Not many people keep a running tally of the damages they do. It does show he has a sense of responsibility.'

Garibaldi then grinned, as he responded, “Don't worry about it. Given the people that seem to be after you, I am surprised you kept the damages down to being so minor.”

Lee replied, “Thank you.”

Garibaldi said, “You're welcome. Still, neither I, nor my security officers, and technicians, can make heads or tails out of what happened, given, after your rescue, those hunting you literally disappeared before the police arrived on the scene.”

Lee stated, “This is because that is exactly they did.”

Garibaldi inquired, “Alien teleportation technology? I know there is some out there. In my lifetime, I have seen some examples of such technology. But, such technology is rare, expensive, very risky, and very dangerous to use. This includes both the use of such devices, and the politics surrounding such devices. Which why my company has nothing to with it.”

Lee stated, “No. This is not alien technology. But, good guess. Given your limited knowledge the situation.”

Garibaldi thought, with amusement, 'Which is quickly being solved.' He said, “Anyway, by the time you were rescued by the police, you had caught my full interest. And with you being at that police station, I saw an opportunity to bring you to me. I sent Matthew, with twelve rangers to come get you out of that police station and to escort you to see me. I am proud that Matthew succeeded. Still, I had no idea these maids were that tough.”

Lee commented, “No one usually does, until they meet them in person. Then, it is usually too late.”

Garibaldi continued his story, as he stated, “I guess that would be the case. I saw the video of their fight with the rangers, in the parking lot, across the street from the police station. With their gloved hands, they took down my rangers with ease. The rangers are lucky to be alive.”

Lee asked, “Well they recover?”

Garibaldi answered, “Physically, yes. There pride is another matter. And it was very clear those two women were on the warpath. Along with those at the factory. Given the massacre found in the aftermath of the attack at the police station. I do not need a video to confirm that purple haired woman cut through the police personal like a hot knife through butter, in an attempt to get to you. And the video from the garage. How did you know to buy time until for the police to arrive?”

Lee honestly admitted, “I didn't. I was working a different angle.”

Garibaldi asked, “And that would be?”

Lee thought, 'I might as well tell him.' He said, “I was going to distract her, to the point I drop my grenade. She runs one way for cover, we head the other way, for cover, while making a break for Matthew's car.”

Garibaldi responded, “Oh. That might have worked. Still, where did you get that grenade? And how did you get that grenade passed the security sensors at the police station?”

Lee thought, 'He clearly has not seen all the videos. He missed a few things. This is good for me.'

Lee stated, “I got the grenade off of one of those after me. The grenade is not of this reality. That is why it did not trip the sensors at the police station. And the telepath that scanned my mind, quickly realized I was going to need that grenade. That is why he did not say a word about it.”

Garibaldi conceded, “That makes sense. And you did need that grenade.”

Lee responded, “I know. And if Matthew did not have that Ranger staff on him. Along with his cellphone. With him leading us here. I would already been captured by them.”

Garibaldi thought, 'He is willing to give credit, where credit is due. Good.'

Garibaldi agreed, “Very true. And that is why. Along with to video showing maids that fit the general description of Roberta and Fabiola. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt. By the way, that chase with the Bloodhound was one of the most insane things I have ever seen.”

Lee thought, 'It is nice you are giving me that benefit of the doubt. That makes you better than most people I have known in my life.' He said, “Yes. I guess it was. And I would please like a copy of that chase, to watch sometime.”

Garibaldi stated, “I may arrange that. But first, you are going to tell me how you know about the phrase, ah hell, means, continuous fire, in Minbari?”

Lee said, in a reassuring tone of voice, “Do not worry. I will tell you everything. And we will get to that.”

Garibaldi smiled, as he responded, “Good. Because Lee, I am starting to believe the maids from Black Lagoon are really here, inside the dome. And they are after you. Among others. And they seem stronger than ever.”

Lee commented, “That is because they are stronger. All of them are stronger than they were, before.”

Garibaldi stated, in tone of voice, far to calm for the situation at hand, “Well then... They would be the least of your worries, if you were not lucky enough that I pulled several strings to keep the police and press off your back... For now...”

Lee thought, 'That was a veiled threat. To let me know the power he currently has over me. Still...' He sincerely replied, “Thank you for doing so.”

Garibaldi calmly responded, “You're welcome. Now, can you sum up in one word, who, where, and how your problems started, in the first place?”

Lee was silent for a few seconds, while he in thought, as he looked at Garibaldi. He then looked over at the muted movie playing on the wallscreen monitor.

A second later, an idea instantly occurred to Lee, as he calmly turned back to face Garibaldi. Lee smirked, as he calmly said, “Yea... I actually can...” Lee then flatly deadpanned, “Toons.”

To be continued.

up
37 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

What A rIDE

The scene at the police station reminded me of the original Terminator, who else but Roberta could pull off such a rampage. The car chase scene was a mile a minute action where Lee used up at least 4 of his now dwindling lives, I say that knowing that he has an unending supply of them, he certainly needs them. Then we get to go over the events in slow motion, several groups get to watch who weren't there, Lagoon and company, Mal and Chang and those in the casino, then we get to the owner of the factory and eventual sanctuary for Lee, Mr. Garabaldi. All show different parts, of the very exciting chase. We also get to 'see' first hand Chang's memories of how the whole thing got started. More behind the scenes information. It does look like, however, that there is a light at the end of the tunnel for Lee, just hope it isn't an oncoming train. Can't wait for the next chapter, even though I spent an extra 6 hours in bed resting up from the action. Great story, Paul.