A prisoner in my own mind 5

Printer-friendly version
A prisoner in my own mind

Sydney Moya

© 2015

All rights reserved

Synopsis

Ashley touches an alien artefact one day and an alien invades his body with incredible results.

Chapter 5

“Matt,” said Lorna, “stop being silly.”

Matt grinned and Jav realised he’d been joking.

“I have to admit being surprised but it’s a pleasant surprise,” he smiled at his daughter.

“You’ll have to keep on working hard luv,” advised Lorna.

“I will,” said Jav cheerily.

That set the stage for Jav to visit the ridiculously elitist Rydings School for an interview. Jav knew that her chances of succeeding based on her marks alone were not high. She'd also read enough to know humans had irrational prejudices against those humans with gender confusion. Consequently she’d prepared for this eventuality. She brought Matt with her to assist her as he was a computer engineer and was well respected in his field as well as being a supportive father. Jav had also decided to use her telepathic abilities on the Head if need be.

The Head, Mr Lyle was looking through her grades and old report books.

“How would you describe yourself?”

“I am somebody who wants to make a difference. I love challenges and gaining knowledge,” Jav replied.

“Miss Smith, you are not a bad pupil but nothing in your reports indicates you have the ability to cope let alone excel in the subjects you want to pursue,” said Mr Lyle.

“That is correct sir. However I was dealing with a number of problems chief among them the fact that I was experiencing gender dysphoria and wasn’t able to fully concentrate on my school work,” she answered.

What Mr Lyle didn’t know was Jav was manipulating his mind to make him more open to letting her attend the school. She’d already succeeded in making him allow Matt to sit in on the interview and she was working on getting him to offer her a place.

“I see. Where do you see yourself in ten years?” Mr Lyle asked not realising that Jav was making him ask the question.

“I will be working at the cutting edge of science,” said Jav confidently.

“You are ambitious and know what you want which is refreshing in a student. I think I may be able to offer you a provisional place subject to your performance this term,”

Jav knew that was as far as he could go. What counted was that she had a foot in the door, the rest would be child’s play.

“I accept. Thank you sir,” she replied.

“Work hard and I’m sure you will be a credit to this school and yourself Ashley,” he said with a smile.

They left the school with a spring in their step. Matt was rather impressed with his child's new found confidence. It was a revelation as Ashley hadn't done things like this as well. Jav seemed to handle them with typical aplomb.

Maybe having to be a boy had hindered her a lot more than he'd realised he thought sadly.

After gaining admission to the school, Jav and Lorna had to go shopping for the schools sixth form uniform which consisted of a navy blue skirt and a plain white blouse and school tie, stockings, black court shoes, straw hat, jungle hat, navy ladies trousers for winter and cold days, the school anorak as well the girls’ sports kit, school tracksuit, school anorak, school bag and the schools striped blazer. Lorna had also decided her girl needed underwear for school as the one’s Jav had were inadequate and fast becoming too small as her cleavage was still growing.

When they got home Lorna had told her to try out her uniform so Matt could see what they’d bought.

After a bit of complaining Jav went upstairs and changed into the uniform.

“You look very scholarly,” said Matt warmly, eyeing his daughter.

Jav smiled sheepishly before hurrying back to her room to change into her everyday clothes.

“Do you feel old now?” Matt asked his wife as they watched their oldest child leave the room in her new school uniform.

“Unbearably, I can’t believe Ashley’s going to the sixth form now. It seems yesterday that I was getting my GCSE’s,” admitted Lorna.

Matt nodded, “I know. It feels like yesterday that I was bringing you both home,” he murmured.

Lorna kissed him on the cheek.

“I know I never would have guessed she’d be wearing the girl’s uniform at seventeen. How did we miss that?”

Her husband shook his head, “I don’t know but I’m glad she seems okay,” he murmured.

Ashley catatonic state didn’t last forever. He woke up a couple of days before the summer holidays ended during the start of the Smith’s annual vacation. Matt and Lorna had decided to take the kids to the scenic Amalfi coast that year.

He was gutted that he wouldn’t experience this holiday physically and he briefly wondered if he’d ever experience another holiday again a thought which threatened to send him spiralling into another bout of self-pity. It was here that his mental strength came through. He decided that his depressions were depriving him of seeing what Jav was doing to his life. He had to stay alert.

“What for,” Jav asked, intruding on his thoughts

“So that I can get my body back,” said Ashley defiantly.

“You are rather silly Ashley. As your sister says, ‘dream on,” Jav said.

“I intend to,” returned Ashley in anger, “why don’t you kill me and be done with it?”

Jav didn’t answer him.

“I can let you stay awake during this trip so long as you don’t start yelling and screaming,” Jav announced.

Ashley was about to hit back and argue what gave Jav the right to do that and boss him around when he realised that this was a chance to at the very least get to see Italy.

“Alright,” he agreed.

Jav nodded than began changing her clothes to get ready for the boat trip Ashley’s father was taking them on. She was more than eager to try out another of these creatures’ antiquated contraptions. The aeroplane they’d flown to Italy was another, a surprisingly crude invention that had made these beings shrink their planet. The anthropologists in her race would consider this planet the find of the ages. She was pretty sure they had never encountered such a primitive race yet one that was advancing so quickly. She wondered what had happened to the race she’d found here when she’d arrived eons ago. It seemed that the humans thought they were the only beings to reach this stage of development in their evolution on this planet. A majority of them foolishly believed they were alone in the universe. There was no trace of the group she’d encountered on her arrival. She’d gone dormant after trying and failing to enter a number of them thanks to their neural defences. They hadn’t even realised she’d tried anything and she’d decided to bide her time by sending her pod underground.

Ashley looked forward to the boat trip until he saw what Jav had done to his body. Looking at the mirror he saw someone who wouldn’t look out of place on a catwalk. In the white halter top paired with a denim look pleated shorts and striped blazer accented with nude ankle strapped heels, a pair of sunglasses Jav looked every bit the fashionista.

Jav looked stunning in the outfit and this was confirmed by the sour look on Reagan’s face when the girls met in their parents adjoining room. Ashley thought it was almost worth losing his body to see his sister green with envy. In Ashley’s eyes his sister had always been his parents favourite. She was the one with perfect grades and was excellent at manipulating Matt and Lorna or so it seemed to him. It was almost refreshing to see the tables turned.

“Aren’t you a bit overdressed?” Reagan asked.

“No, I think this outfit is just right,”

Reagan eyed her with a death stare but held her tongue.

Still the boat trip turned out to be rather pleasant despite the leers Jav received from some of the males on board.

This was nothing compared to what happened the next few days as Jav and the other members of the family continued with their holiday with sunbathing on the beach along with the ignominy Ashley felt as Jav flaunted his body in a bikini, eating fish in the bay at the Conca dei Marini.

Ashley wished it was him who could have experienced the classic car trip in a Ferrari with Matt instead of Jav. Instead he had to watch as Jav accompanied his mum and Reagan on a shopping trip for clothes. He also had to live with watching Jav get chatted up by boys that he instantly disliked on principle. His dislike of them grew the more he heard them speak, they seemed as conceited as some of the boys that were popular at his old school and seemed to have only one goal in mind which was to bed a girl.

Ashley also noticed that the family dynamics had realigned during that trip. He knew his sister well enough to know that Jav was clearly pissing her off with how she looked and behaved and the attention she was getting from Lorna and Matt, not to mention the waiters.

It all came to head after the gelato making class that Lorna had insisted they take when Jav outshone her by making the perfect gelato and earning all round praise from the teacher and a cute American boy named Tony who was infatuated with Jav while ignoring Reagan.

They’d met at their hotels pool on their second day there and he’d immediately started chasing Jav leaving Ashley worried that Jav would have sex with him.

‘He isn’t what I have in mind for a mate so not yet,” Jav had told him.

Ashley breathed a sigh of relief.

That didn’t stop her from flirting with him and wrapping him around her little finger much to Reagan’s chagrin. She’d watched while her sister made him her devoted slave while consigning her to annoying little sister status.

They were on their way back to the hotel in the hotel’s courtesy bus where Reagan contrived to sit next to Tony which meant Jav had to go sit near the front.

“You do know Ashley’s not a real girl right?” Reagan suddenly whispered as she looked at Tony.

He laughed, “Sure she is. You’re really funny,” he smiled.

“I’m serious. Ashley was born a boy. She’s only been a girl for two months,” Reagan returned.

“You’re kidding,” Tony returned.

“No look,” she replied before showing him her phone where there were some older snaps of Ashley.

Tony was shocked.

“How,”

“She had a sex change,” she murmured.

As she said this a part of her felt ashamed of what she’d just done.

Tony spent the rest of the journey glaring at the window. When they reached the hotel he hurried away to his room ignoring a smiling Jav.

“Hmm strange,” Jav thought.

Ashley chuckled, ‘Nah wasn’t he sitting with Reagan. I bet she told him about the sex-change,”

“Why would she do that?”

“Coz she’s jealous. In case you haven’t noticed Tony’s been watching you at her expense. Reagan is used to getting what she wants and you’re upsetting things,” Ashley returned.

“Oh no matter if she likes him so much she can have him,” Jav muttered.

“Yeah that’s what I tend to do where Reagan is concerned,” Ashley agreed.

Tony however wasn’t so easily appeased. He’d gone to his room and checked the internet for Ashley and his research had found his Facebook page. Jav hadn’t closed the page yet and it still had the same pictures and information. Crucially Matt and Lorna were present on his wall which nailed it as far as he was concerned.

The Smith’s had gone downstairs for dinner and Toby and his family who’d actually been keen on them had looked at them funny before taking a table further down the room.

“I wonder what the matter is, Fred said we’d have dinner with him,” Matt wondered referring to Tony’s father and worried at their queer behaviour.

“Yes I remember Marsha saying so,” Lorna added. Marsha was Tony’s mum.

Jav looked at Reagan and winked, “I think its cause I told Tony I wasn’t always like this,” she said quietly.

Reagan’s mouth fell open.

“Oh honey,” Lorna murmured.

“Why would you do that?” Matt asked.

“He was coming on to me and I don’t think I’m into boys like that,” said Jav softly.

“You like girls,” Lorna asked.

Ashley could have frowned if it was possible.

‘What are you doing?’

‘Pulling the rug from under Reagan,’ Jav answered mentally.

“I don’t know, I don’t think so. I’m not sure yet but I wanted to get rid of him and I kind of guessed he’d be the type to be bothered by it,” Jav said.

Lorna squeezed her hand.

“Bigot,” said Matt angrily though he was slightly relieved Ashley wasn’t boy crazy and didn’t know which way she swung yet.

“I think we need to teach you how to deal with boys. You can’t always tell them about your past or they might turn violent,” said Lorna slowly.

“Yeah but take your time deciding what you want and don’t rush into anything,” Matt advised.

Jav nodded and smiled, “I need all the help I can get,” she said sweetly.

‘That bitch!’ Ashley heard in Reagan’s voice.

He was momentarily confused. Reagan hadn’t spoken and their parents didn't seem to have heard her swearing or they wouldn't eating their dinner so calmly.

“You’re hearing her thoughts,’’ Jav answered.

“You can read minds,” said Ashley staggered.

“Yeah but it’s a trade secret,” Jav replied.

The next day was spent lounging by the pool in a bikini with Lorna while Matt and Reagan visited an old convent together. Mother and daughter just spent the morning chatting about their trip and life in general. Ashley realised with a bit of sadness that Jav was developing a better relationship with his mum than he had.

“Do you mind refilling my glass as well honey,” Lorna requested when Jav stood up to go refill her glass.

“No problem,” Jav agreed standing up.

She wrapped a sarong around her waist to protect her modesty before she walked to the bar. The bar staff gladly refilled her glasses. Tony crossed her path as she walked back.

“Get out of my way you faggot,” he said upon meeting her.

“Excuse me?” Jav responded.

“You heard me you pervert. I know you’re a man,” Tony remarked.

Jav promptly threw the contents of her glasses on his face leaving Tony enraged.

“Why you little…,” he angrily said before lunging towards her.

Jav sidestepped out of the way, leaving her foot out for him to trip on and fall headlong into the pool. The people nearby clapped while a waiter came and gave her fresh glasses.

‘That was so cool,’ Ashley said as they walked back.

‘I saw it on the television,’ admitted Jav making Ashley laugh for the first time in weeks.

Lorna though was completely oblivious to what had just happened as she was engrossed in her paperback and on the far side of the pool.

“Thanks,” she said as she accepted the drink.

To be continued

up
125 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Jav seems to be less arogant and more willing to compromise

Ashley seems to be learning be conscious in the body if not actually in control.

Things Jav thought about confirmed that I remembered correctly, Jav came to Earth a very long time ago and in burying its capsule has missed most of mankind's development.

I wonder if her race even exists anymore?

She is playing a dangerous game flirting with guys and girls and antagonizing Ashley's sister.

Jav is not the all powerful superior being she thinks she is. She may be in an upgraded human body but she is still mortal and can be hurt or killed I assume.

Plus she is overdoing the mind control thing I fear.

Someone may figure it out.

Plus I would think that eventually, given how primitive she thinks humans are, Ashely will gain similar abilities. IE Jav may have underestimated humans.

Hum, why couldn't she assimilate her mind into the creatures she first met on Earth? She said they had mental defenses.
Proto humans? Dinosaurs ...who, what?

Unless she treats Ashley as an equal. As a person who's very life and body she has stolen, Jav will be in for a painful comeuppance someday.

There seem signs of a thaw in the Jav/Ashely relationship but ...

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

As usual you are keeping me on my toes!

Ashley seems to be learning be conscious in the body if not actually in control.
Yes she does.
I wonder if her race even exists anymore?
Me too!
She is playing a dangerous game flirting with guys and girls and antagonizing Ashley's sister.
She hasn't flirted with girls. Otherwise it remains to be seen
Plus she is overdoing the mind control thing I fear.

Someone may figure it out.

Hmm

Plus I would think that eventually, given how primitive she thinks humans are, Ashely will gain similar abilities. IE Jav may have underestimated humans.

Hum, why couldn't she assimilate her mind into the creatures she first met on Earth? She said they had mental defenses.
Proto humans? Dinosaurs ...who, what?

Double hmm
I may not be able to give concise answers in this comment but you raise interesting ideas which remain to be answered. Is it just speculation or are you on to something? Lets just say some of your questions will be answered before long.

Sydney Moya