Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 2: Chapter 04

Printer-friendly version

Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 2: The Mastermind, The Gunslinger, The Magical Girl, The Martial Artist, The Maid, The Warrior, The Tyrant.

Chapter Four: “The Fall of MegaTokyo.”

By Paul Cousins.

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

(_)

A Bubblegum Crisis reality, Megatyoko, a year and a half after Natsuru Senou left to return to Natsuru Senou's home reality.

While the firefight waged around him, former AD Police Detective Leon McNichol reflected on the last six months of his life. And how it all went to hell, for not only himself, but everyone.

It all started on partly cloudy day, when AD Police got a call there was an attack on the executive sections of Genom tower, which were located on the top parts of the tower. It was over as quickly as it began. By the time the AD Police arrived, there were nothing but corpses, including Chairman Quincy.

At the same time, both Priss and Nene had disappeared. No one knew was happened.

Leon did not start figuring out what had happened until a few hours later. And only after speaking to a couple of people.

Kate Madigan was the first to find Leon. She told him that as far as she knew, she was the only person to get out of top part of Genom tower, alive. She told of a well orchestrated act by a group of russian soldiers with weapons, and wearing military fatigues. Whom were lead by a young, russian woman with long blond hair and a large scar running down the right side of her face.

Soon after, dark blue haired, young adult man, know as Mackie Stingray, showed up, to talk to Leon, as well.

Mackie explained to Leon, that he had escaped a group of women had caught his sister, at their home above their place of business.

Mackie told of how fast this group of three women were. Their snatch and grab of his sister was quick and effective.

Leon asked him why they would do that.

Mackie explained that his sister, Sylia Stingray, was the leader of the Knight Sabers. Also, the other members, Linna, Nene, and Priss had also disappeared.

Mackie said that his sister told him that should that ever happen to her, he needed to find Leon. That his sister thought he was the only person in the city that she felt he could trust, and help him get out of the city, when the heat was on. Even though Leon was a police officer.

Leon told him that his sister was an intelligent woman. That he would not turn Mackie in. He would instead help Mackie. And he thanked Mackie for filling on a lot of the holes, to some questions he had.

Half an hour later, Leon took both Mackie and Kate to a safehouse, that only he knew of. He then returned to AD Police headquarters.

Later that day, before Leon could report to Chief Todo about what he knew, that crazy, scarred, Ivan bitch, and her russian soldiers, that had attacked Genom tower, invaded the AD Police headquarters. The russians cut through the AD Police like a hot knife through butter. The russians attack was far worse than combat boomers had ever done to the AD Police.

Though, Leon did wonder why the russians used older firearms and explosives.

Unfortunately, those questions would have to way. As survival to precedence. And only Leon and his police partner Wong Daley escaped that attack. But, one of the attackers was able to hit Leon. The bullet destroyed his shades and his right eye. From then on, Leon wore a black patch over his right eye.

After Leon and Daley had escape, they learned from back channels that other police stations were attacked. Along with all roads, bridges, and tunnels leading in and out of the city being destroyed. The airports and seaports were also blown up. And the radio and other communications were being jammed.

This cutting those inside the MegaTokyo from the outside world.

Leon also later learned that those people that had tried to flee the city found that the exits had been bobbytrapped, and those trying to fly out were shot down.

With not means of escape, Leon and Daley headed for the safe house that Leon had taken Mackie and Madigan to. So, Leon could recover from his wounds.

Fortunately, the safe house has plenty of supplies and water, which would last them for a week.

After laying low and recovering, for few days, Leon returned to AD Police and was shocked that there were only about half the number of bodies he expected to find there. He could not account for the number of AD Police officers he knew had been there during the attack.

Leon had no idea what happened to the missing people. And with no means of escape, Leon headed to the safe house, to see how things would play out.

A week later, an army of boomers invaded, and took over the city. Though, to everyone's surprised, the boomers force most of the people out of the city. Instead of enslaving, or killing them. But, the boomers did not let everyone go. It was clear they had a list. And they were capturing a number of people on that list.

Given Leon was sure he and his friends were on that list. And with no way for them to escape. In response to the boomer siege, Leon formed an underground resistance movement.

For Leon had been preparing for such emergencies, for around a year. When he first realized who and what Natsuru was. Right as the young blue haired officer has left their reality. Leon had quietly been stockpiling weapons, ammo, and supplies.

Though, given the situation, Leon knew that no one would really believe him. And at best they would think he was crazy.

Leon did tell Daley the truth, about Natsuru and the Kampfer series. And while Daley was present when Natsuru left, with his friends, that came to get him. All Daley did was humor Leon.

So, Leon had to prepare for the situation, alone.

Along with this, in Leon's spare time, he mapped out the subterranean parts of the city. Most of those tunnels were man-made, from old subway tunnels that were no longer in use, to the sewer system.

The resistance movement would have lost much sooner, if not for Leon's preparation.

Leon figured that if Natsuru was beyond his reality, other threats could come from the multiverse, to his home reality, as well.

Given how efficient and swift the attacks has been, on all the key locations, in the city, Leon was willing to gamble, that those behind the attacks were from another reality. Because, no one in his reality, could launch such an operation, with Genom first learning of it.

Though, Leon wasn't sure how they got their information on their targets. But, consider that the answers for those questions would have to wait for another time.

Still, Leon hated being proven right on this. Even worse, he considered it a personal failure that he was not prepared enough to deal with the problem.

When is came to logistics, Kate was a lot of help. In that she supplied them with a vast array of weapons, from several secret Genom weapons depots stationed around the city.

Mackie was very good with maintenance on both mechs and boomers, that they were able to find in those Genom depots.

And Leon learned, that when the chips were down, Daley turned out to be even better in a fight, than he expected.

There were others who had joined them, as well. Those who refused to give up the city to whomever had taken control of it.

Even some free boomers, that were in hiding, helped with the resistance.

The months passed as they fought those that had taken over the city.

In all that time, no one from the outside had tried to liberate MegaToyko.

Leon figured that, for all he knew, the entire planet and it's satellite states had been taken over by now. Or, at the very least, the main powers were being threatened, blackmailed, or both, not to interfere with Megatokyo.

Five and half months after the attack, while Leon and his subordinates were away, on a mission, their main base was raided by their enemy. When Leon returned, he found many bodies, but Daley, Mackie, and Kate were missing.

Soon after, Leon got a break. Two weeks after the raid, Leon's suspicions. Were confirmed, and they found out that their enemies came from another reality.

They found this out, when the resistance had captured one of the portal machines that would take them to their enemy's base of operations, in another reality.

After getting the machine working. In a location, away from his current hideout, Leon rounded up everyone whom could fight in one last ditch effort to stop their enemy.

They then entered the portal.

But, their attack was all in vain.

They exited the other end of the portal, into the other reality, in a large room, where they fell right into they enemies trap.

The room had a second story, that was lined with steel catwalks, with railings. Their enemies were on the catwalks, as they fired down at Leon's subordinates.

Within the first minute, many of his fighters were dead or seriously injured.

Also, their enemy had used gunfire to drive Leon from his group and into another part of the building, way from the portal machine room.

With his revolver in hand, Leon found himself in a very large warehouse room, that was dimly light with green light.

Leon looked around and saw people in vats of green liquid. They appeared nude, and unconscious, with a mask of their mouths and noses, with wires and tubes connected to other parts of their bodies.

He quickly stated wondering around. He soon came to a set of vat with people which he recognized.

In the vats he saw Nene, Priss, Sylia, Linna, and few of other women he knew from the AD Police and regular police departments, that were known for being tough badasses.

But, nearby, there were other vats, with women in them, that look vaguely familiar to Leon. But, Leon could not place their faces.

Then he saw their extended stomachs, and the pieces started fitting into place for him.

Leon walked over to other vats, he saw Kate in one. Then, by the vat she was in, he saw the next two vats had women that he thought had used to the men, Daley and Mackie. He looked down at the readout displays, on the bases of the vats, and he saw had their names listed in english, on the screens.

Leon realized what they were doing with the prisoners.

What they would do to him, if they caught him

Suddenly, he heard footsteps. He looked around and he saw that he was surround by four women. All of them were dress casually. One was a red haired chinese-america, another was much shorter, pale skinned woman with some sore of choker around her neck, the third was an asian woman, and the forth was a purple haired cyborg woman.

The red haired woman said, in english, with a crazy grin on her lips, “Welcome to the gates of hell...”

Leon was left speechless, as the situation he found himself in.

The redhead shrugged, as she continued, “Hey, look on the bright side, you are going to get your lost eye back.”

Leon knew how these horror stories end. That there was only one way out for the hero.

Leon put the end of the barrel of his revolver up, against his chin, angling it towards his brain. He closed his left, good eye. He then pulled the trigger.

“Click.”

Leon's good eye went wide, as he tried a couple of more times.

“Click.

“Click.”

His gun was out of ammo, and he had already run out of speedloaders.

The women around him laughed at his bad luck.

Leon then saw the pair of semi-automatic pistols the red haired woman had holstered in her shoulder holsters.

The redheaded woman notice the direction of where he was looking. She misunderstood his thoughts, as she commented, “So, you like my breasts. You will a pair of your own soon enough.”

Leon did not reply.

He throw his pistol at the red haired girl, as he rushed her, in an attempt to grab one of her pistols.

The woman jumped out of the way, as she realized, “Oh. So you are after my cutlasses. Smart. But, not smart enough. Girls, take him down. Though, try not to injure him too much.”

The short girl and the asian girl attacked Leon from both sides with their bare hands.

Leon admitted to himself, that they were good fighters.

Still, he was holding his own until he felt two needles being embedded into his upper back.

The pale woman and the asian woman then back away from Leon.

Meanwhile, Leon looked behind him, and he realized that the needles were attach wires leading up to the cyborg woman's cybernetic left wrist.

Leon quickly tried to reach for the wires, to pull all the needles, before he was tasered.

But, Leon's was to late, as the first shock hit him.

To Leon's credit, he did not even budge. Leon refused to go down easily.

Though, the second shock forced Leon to his knees.

And the third shock knocked Leon fully to the ground, on his stomach.

The last thing Leon heard was the red haired girl saying, “Damn. I have to admit that is one tough dude. It took three shocks to down him. It usually takes only one shock to down the big guys... Okay, let's strip him down, hook him up, and drop him in a vat.”

Leon's last conscious thoughts, before fully passing out, were the feelings were being stripped down. Being picked up. Having a mask put over his face. Having wires place in and one him. And him then being immersed into liquid goo.

To Be Continued.

(_)

Author's Notes:

I know this chapter was very, very dark.

And I can sympathize with those Bubblegum Crisis fans that might be upset with me, on what I did to their favorite characters. But, I could have done a hole lot worse in this chapter.

To that end, this chapter, which was a prelude to book two of my story, was needed for the plot, in a number of ways. This was a prelude, to both show how through, and efficient Chang's origination had becoming in their attacks.

How, Chang, and Chang's subordinates, use their knowledge of fiction and the multiverse, to get what he wants.

How, Chang's organization got their hands the technology and weapons from the Bubblegum Crisis OVA reality.

Also, as a reminder, in my story, time passes differently between realities, as needed by the plot. Where a few months can pass in one reality, years can pass in another reality.

(_)

On the matter of Leon. While the main Bubblegum Crisis OVA series was about the Knight Sabers, the entire Bubblegum Crisis OVA outline, from AD Police Files, to the Bubblegum Crisis OVAs, to Bubblegum Crash, there has been asubplot dealing with Leon. Leon has been present, in someway, for a lot of events, in those plotlines, of those series.

Leon has even saved the Knight Sabers a few times. During the Aquacity incident, as the end of the first Bubblegum Crisis OVA episode, Leon saved Priss, from a few boomers, with his a large railgun. During the DD Battlemover incident, he was the one to inform the Knight Sabers of the nuclear deadman's switch in the battlemover. During the Largo incident, he shot large at the end, sending Largo off the edge, right before Largo was going to kill the Knight Sabers. And Vision's quest for vengeance against Quincy, over the death of her sister, Irene, at the end of the incident, it was Leon whom let Vision go, instead of arresting her.

Leon has been shown to save the Knight Sabers, and their friends, around as often as the Knight Sabers save him.

And it has been show that Leon is a badass. Even though, sometimes, he does not have the equipment to deal with a situation at hand. And he has to rely on others, such as the Knight Sabers.

From some of the equipment that Leon has brought with him, he likes to prepare to deal with problems, in advance.

And Leon realized when Natsuru left, that MegaTokyo faces possible other people and dangerous, coming from the multiverse, to his home reality.

Unfortunately, Leon realized that no one would believe him, and they would think he was crazy. So, Leon had to prepare alone.

The problem was that Leon did not realize who he was facing. Most of the Black Lagoon cast.

Leon was so far outclassed, outgun, and outnumbered. Against an enemy that knew who they were facing, with them thoroughly planning and preparing before they began their attacks. With Chang's organization's first attacks taken after they were completely prepared.

While, on the other hand, Leon did know who the enemy really was.

As such, Leon had no chance of victory against his enemies. And so, Leon and his friends suffered a horrible fate.

(_)

Also, this chapter gave me a chance to try a different narrative writing style than I usually do. That being the first person style of storytelling.

Though, while I prefer the third person style of storytelling, with dialogue and detailed scenes. I realize that given the scope of my story, I would have board scenes that would be in first person.

Such as this chapter.

Though, I don't want intend to make a habit of using first person style writing. I just like third person style writing, too much, to do so.

(_)

The next chapter is nowhere as near as dark as this one. And it has some interesting scenes and plot twists in it.

Until next time. Have fun.

up
56 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos