Think Like A Man - Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

Think Like a Man – Chapter 2
By
Julie D Cole


alphawomen031110_175_0.jpg

‘ If men are from Mars and women are from Venus, it is little wonder that the two genders have a hard time understanding what the other thinks. Why not let the man in your life try life in your shoes?’
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Just a short chapter to see if the story attracts interest.

For the rest of the day I was totally distracted away from the day job. I couldn’t help but focus on the list of things I wanted to do to change my approach and create a level playing field by changing Carl too.

My secretary kept reminding me I had some important actions to complete knowing I’d take an age to work my way through them. I wanted some Project Carl time so I thought ‘this is it’ and decided to clear the list quickly with her and make impulsive decisions. Right or wrong I could change them later anyway.

Lisa couldn’t believe that it only took 30 minutes to run down her list. I gave all the actions and follow ups to her rather than worrying about putting her under pressure and told her to report back the following morning for an update. I felt guilty since Lisa was clearly going to struggle and was likely to be up half the night worrying about the tasks as I have been many times. But it gave me free time. If this is a mans life bring it on down.

Carl stopped by but I removed files from my desk and closed my notepad so he couldn’t pick up any ideas.
‘Are you leaving Babe? ‘

‘Please don’t call me Babe it’s an awful word. Would you like it if I called you Babe?’

‘Whatever. I think you are hot and you look great today. You can call me what you like when we get up close and personal. I answer to anything.’

‘OK I’ll call you Carly then if that’s your sexist attitude. Yes Carly fits quite well. I can make a drink after work if you like.’

‘Great I’ll see you in Reception at 6-30pm.’

‘No I’m good to go anytime. I’ll be in the Irish bar over the road and aim to leave on time.’

‘You never leave on time, How come today?’

‘I decided we needed to talk. I want to help you get the area job if you’ll look after me and promote me too.’

‘Sure Babe. Great idea. Wow. Great idea’

‘Carly please.’

‘Whoops sorry girl.’

‘Not much better but it’s progress.’

I sat at the bar and Carly was surprised to see me waiting. His eyes were immediately distracted towards the leg show as I crossed my legs and turned towards him.’

‘You look sensational. You let your hair down.’

‘Thanks. That’s the advantage of long hair you can change your look easily depending on your mood. You should try it sometime. What are you drinking sweetheart?’

‘Same as you please. What is it?’

I ordered two tall Jamesons with extra ice and a dash of dry ginger and suggested we move to a table in the corner. I put the drinks on my tab and picked them up to move. I insisted he went first and picked up his briefcase with my free hand ensuring he sat down first before sitting opposite.

‘We ought to change this it’s a bit old fashioned. If you’re going tto get noticed and rise to the top you need a slim bag big enough for a few notes and your notebook. We ought to change that too. You have to keep up to date and the investment will be worth it.’

‘OK whatever you say is good for me. I’m not exactly the type to worry about what’s in vogue. Just point me to the till after you choose.’

‘No I will not. I want you to be involved and to take more interest and I’ll just guide you as and when.’

‘OK I’m good with that. Cheers. This is a nice surprise. What happened?’

‘Nothing happened. I just felt like treating you. You look nice today and maybe we can have a pasta or something. Will you join me? ‘

‘Sure.’

He almost fell off his chair. I headed for the powder room and his eyes followed me all the way. .

‘Mmm you smell nice. ‘

‘Thanks I just decided to freshen up. This place is ok in short spells but we should take in a wine bar before dinner. Are you up for it?’

I could see he was as he stood up if you see what I mean. His tail was wagging again.

‘Here why don’t you freshen up and use this spray that I like. It always turns me on.’

He shot off and was soon back.

‘That’s nice. Much better.’

I insisted he keep it and wear it regularly. I stepped forward and kissed him taking care to leave some of the extra lippy I’d applied on his lips.’

‘Mmm you taste great.’

‘Yes you don’t know what you’ve been missing. I spend a lot of time on my appearance. We need to get you a makeover and maybe I can coax you to buy some male cosmetics.’

‘I don’t think so hon.’

‘Carly please. Hon is just as bad. Let me decide and you do as I say. You never know what effect a restyle might have on me. Come on get your butt in gear I need a glass of SB’

‘What’s SB?’

‘Sauvignon Blanc you wooly head. Come on It’s my treat tonight. I can drop you off in a taxi later on my way home. Leave the car.’

We had a good time and Carly was following my advice. He agreed to a lot of my ideas but then he was only focused on one thing.

We were both feeling good after another bottle of wine and the taxi diverted to my place. Another drink and I decided to take the lead. He was like putty in my hands. I even persuaded him to sleep in the nightdress he’d donned as we giggled in the build up to his night of pleasure. He never made it to the winning post and I smiled as I looked at him. I ensured I stored a few shots on my i-phone for future benefit.

…………………………………………………….

up
122 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you,Julie,

Carly will be "girlified" before she knows what hit her ,her macho male's situation is going down the drain.Good story .

ALISON

Girlified

Now that's a great word. She should be so lucky.

Jules

Great Story Julie

Christina H's picture

I love the story - please keep on with it.

Christina

Thanks

Seems like another new reader. Like London buses. None then 3 all at once.
I will do my best.

Jules

I agree with Alison, although ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... I'm suggesting the term "prettified", at least in these early stages. Please keep going. I think what she's doing could eventually become a win/win for them both.

BE a lady!

nice close on the chapter

The chapter ending teases the readers then promises both mischievous and devious action in the immediate future.

I like it, the approach is fresh.

You can't stop now else you leave the readers hanging precariously.

Carl thinks he's being macho..

and will win his prize in bed. Little does he know what is in store. :)

It's a good start to the story. Anyone who steals anothers thunder and takes all the credit deserves all that they get. Trouble is this is unlikely to be a "punishment". I'm looking forward to how this develops.

Our Heroine

joannebarbarella's picture

May turn into someone we really don't like. Power corrupts....and she's already thinking like a man,

Hopefully not

But then again you might be right.

Jules

A definite go

Patricia Marie Allen's picture

This story is a go. Please keep up with it.

It seems that Carly couldn't think his/her way out of a paper bag, unless our heroine had written the instructions on the inside.

Hugs
Patricia

Happiness is being all dressed up and HAVING some place to go.
Semper in femineo gerunt

See

I didn't take much encouragement.

Jules