The Court-Martial of Samus Aran (Epilogue)

Printer-friendly version

* Author’s Note: I played fast and loose with some Metroid history, but I thought this little vignette was fun. *

Galactic Federation Base Zeta-F

Courts-Martial Proceedings

Galtor VII

“Counselor, do you have any other questions for this witness?”

“No, ma’am.” The JAG officer for the prosecution sat down.

“Lieutenant Higgs, you’re excused. Thank you for your testimony.” Anthony Higgs got up from the witness stand, walked to the back of the room and sat down next to Adam Malkovich.

“Is there anything more from the defense?”

“No, ma’am.”

“Thank you. This court is now in recess while the panel deliberates.”

***

“Attention!” Everyone snapped to attention as the tribunal filed back into the court and took their seats.

“At ease.”

“Lieutenant Samus Aran, are you prepared to hear the findings of this court?”

The young woman sitting at the defense table and her JAG officer both stood. Her JAG officer replied, “Yes, ma’am.”

The tribunal’s spokeswoman nodded, “Very well. Lieutenant Samus Aran, it is the decision of this court that you are guilty of the charge of attempted murder of a fellow officer while in the field.”

You could hear a pin drop after that statement.

After a deep breath, she continued. “Before we announce the sentence, it is the decision of this court that the reasons behind our verdict and sentencing be read into the record.” She paused to clear her throat. “The members of the court can certainly understand and sympathize with your desire to do bodily harm to former special operative Ridley after he exposed you to an experimental Bio-Matter sample in order to judge its mutagenic qualities.”

The Judge paused again, and took a sip of water to clear her throat. “That said, even though this exposure resulted in a physical change from male to female, it does not justify attempted murder. However, we have taken these circumstances into account as it pertains to the sentence. It is the decision of this court that you are to be discharged from Galactic Federation service immediately as being unfit to serve, as well as time served.”

“This court is dismissed.”

It took a few moments for the courtroom to clear. Samus went over to where Anthony and Adam were waiting.

“It’s not fair.”

Samus shook her head, “Doesn’t matter. It is what it is.”

A soldier came up to the group, “Captain Malkovich?”

“Yes?”

“Sir, this just came in from Fleet.” The young soldier handed over a small pad.

Adam read though the message, “The transport ship Merrick was on it’s way to the penal colony on Altair Four. The ship broadcast a distress call indicating they were being attacked by pirates.”

Anthony balled his hands into fists, “Damn it! That’s the ship that was carrying Ridley!”

Samus looked at Adam for a moment, “Pirates? Tell me, Captain. How do you get a bounty hunter license?”

“Why do you want to be a bounty hunter?”

“Remember Operation Stonehook?”

Adam and Anthony’s eyes both lit up. Adam replied, “Ridley had pirate contacts that he used to get our gear onworld.”

“Yes, sir.” Samus grinned. “Time to go hunting.”

up
92 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yeah, it's a stretch…

But I could see it. How did you feel about Other M in the first place?

Sorry!

erica jane's picture

I never played Other M. I should have, I do have a Wii.

~And so it goes...

I've heard that...

erica jane's picture

I recently unpacked my Wii. Don't know if it still works, I haven't powered it up since 2009.

If it does, I might try Other M.

~And so it goes...

Honestly..

I felt Other M was a disappointingly bad game. It made Samus, who I really used to look up to, into a weak willed wreak. There's a reason Metroid games weren't produced for so long, and personally, I'm betting Other M is it. Nintendo had to wait till the (out)rage cooled down.

Ah Ha, I see a whole new

Ah Ha, I see a whole new story line coming to a computer near us in the near future. "Samus', 'The Galactic Bounty Hunter."