Dance, Dance, Dance: Full Moon -06-

Printer-friendly version

dancers

Dance, Dance, Dance

Full Moon

Chapter Six - Always Darkest

By Jo Dora Webster

Will Fran and Julie help when they learn the truth about Denise?

 


Chapter Six - Always Darkest

[Thursday Day Five of the Enchantment]

When I woke earlier than the alarm, I found that "The Recliner", the one that Momma always pulled into my room when she was worried about me was there. She herself wasn't there but by the covers and pillows on the recliner, it was clear that she spent a lot of the night watching over me. The fragrance in the room was amazing with the herbs and rose petals scattered about, the candles which must have been new when they started which were now burning low. The remnants of essential oils beckoned as my room had become a fragrant feast. Soon after Momma returned and got back into the recliner, but upon seeing me awake and sitting up in bed, she arranged the covers that she got back into on her lap and raised the recliner to it's full and upright position.

"Good Morning, Kiddo! I hope that my getting up didn't wake you. How did you sleep?"

"Like a baby, Momma! What's all this?"

"I thought that it would be a nice precaution to take. Sometimes the dreams of the unprepared are intruded upon by a great evil like the one that you intruded upon yesterday by revealing it's agents."

"I thought that Rebecca had put wards in place so that the evil couldn't spell me."

"That she did sweetie, and they are holding just fine. However there is the one thing that we can't overlook now that we realize just how powerful it is to not just use but possess all those girls in the circle."

"And what is that, Momma?"

"The Evil only has six girls to prey upon to work it's way upon this plane, but is used to having seven. The distance that Jenna's Mom put between her and "The Club" has saved her and removed her from its immediate influence. In the end in order to put this to rest, she will need the evil's touch removed from her as will all the girls in its clutches."

"Rebecca acted as the seventh in the circle that created me but she kept the evil from making me a permanent girl by removing the factors that would have compelled me to become pregnant. I guess that by being protected by the wards and keeping myself pure, I'm not the vessel that the evil could have easily possessed like Kendra was when she was made. She was transgender so she became a permanent girl after the month was through.";

"As a cheerleader and spiritual sister to the girls, and as one who has eluded its easy grasp, it still wants you and needs someone to bring its power up to full strength again. What it could not get by your physical acts, it could possess you by your subconscious desires which are free to invade when you enter the dream plane. If it is able to subvert that subconscious avatar then it could possess the real you and bypass the wards in place to protect you. Under it's influence you would be directed to do what it took for you to remain a female vessel under its control."

"So that's why all this is in place. To protect me while I dreamed and was still vulnerable to the evil. Thank you Momma! It must have realized when I was made with all of the evil purpose countermanded that it wasn't going to be likely that I would fall to it."

"That's why we need to be looking out for a new member of the circle. Rebecca took it unaware and vulnerable. It's human agent had a real stake in converting you so you could compete with the girls so that great desire made the evil use what was available which was Rebecca even though it did not control her. It wont want to be weakened by that for long so it will seek out someone who's desires and links with the other girls make her a fit for the seventh girl."

"How are we to know that short of witnessing another circle formed with a new seventh girl among them?"

"Have faith in providence to provide the chance to detect her. Goddess is greatly amused by coincidence and could bring fortune our way if we stay true."

"How long will my dreams have to be guarded?"

"Till the evil is banished from this plane or is vanquished. We were fortunate that your first days were of dreamless sleep from your newly embodied spirit needing time to restore a balance to your mind and body interaction. Your spirit has accepted your new body and now it is able to allow you to enter the dream plane. How did you see yourself in your dreams, sweetie?"

"I saw myself as a young woman like I am now instead of as the boy I used to be."

"So now you can dream freely, and the evil could attack you without this protection, We really should not have counted on the transformation to disrupt your dreaming and should have been protecting you in this way since the Evil was revealed. We are fortunate that all is well."

"Momma you all have been really great and this is the kind of thing that no one could have been prepared prior to it being revealed. I’m just glad that you are on my side and that you have such wonderful friends who out of the blue have come back into your life at the time you and I need them the most."

"Thanks Kiddo! You are my world and even though I must let you be free to make your own way, I'll do my best to protect you in any way that I can. I love you, sweetie!"

"I love you too Momma!"

"Unfortunately, I can't prevent you from enduring some things but I can be there for you to help you through them."

"Why are you sounding like something like that is coming up all of a sudden? What's going on Momma? Is everything okay? The Evil didn't sneak in when we weren't expecting it, did it?"

"You've got a clean slate of magical health, Kiddo. It's just that in the documents that even the unknown Ultra Hackers came up for you did not include a sports physical. I'm afraid it's not the kind of document that can be faked easily so they went for a general statement of good health for you without supplying the specifics that could trip things up. I'm afraid that you are going to have to have your first physical as a girl including a full gynecological work up in order for you to continue in the Cheerleader program and be eligible to be in the competition. I've got an appointment for us scheduled this morning."

"Well it can't be that bad, Momma! You survived your share of them since you were a girl and so going through just one can't be that bad. At least it's going to happen before the new moon so I'll still have the training wheels to help me too!"

"That's the spirit, Kiddo! I'm taking you to see my gynecologist, Dr Glenda Moore, for this and she's a real gem and will get you through the experience with the minimum of discomfort. And I'll be there to hold your hand through it. It's a bit unusual for a girl your age but there are no records of a complete physical in your portfolio. Of course with the fictional upheaval that kept you away from home so long after your father's death, it's understandable that even if such a thing occurred the records might have been lost. So for all practical purposes this will be treated as your first exam and I have every right to be there with you to help you through it and comfort you."

"Thanks for being here for me, Momma when ever I need you!"

"You are welcome sweetheart! I'll sign you out after your first period class so meet me at the office after first period. If all goes well we should be through in time to have a nice lunch together then sign you back in for your afternoon classes."

"That sounds great, Momma. I'll meet you in the office after first period."

"What did you have planned for after school?. I was just wondering if I should stay to pick you up to bring you home after cheerleader practice."

"I want to wrangle an invitation to go over to Chelsea and Hailey's house after school to spend the afternoon. Who knows, with two of "The Club" there perhaps I might even run into the new seventh member of the club while I'm there and then we'll know at least what the entire situation is before the next phase of actually trying to banish the evil from the girls."

"Sound like a good plan, Kiddo! Make sure that you let me know for sure that you are going and also if you need to extend it to over supper or into the evening."

"I will Momma!"

"Well I guess we both are up so I'll go get on with my morning routine and leave you to yours. I hope you have a great day, Kiddo!"

"I hope you do too, Momma"

Momma was out and left me with a chance to think over what she had said. I was glad that there was no game today so I wouldn't be on display and stand out so much in my cheerleader outfit. I'd have to put some thought into what I would wear since I wanted to fit in but didn't want to look like a Quaker girl either. I had one reprieve in that I would just have to bring the outfit along since I would be dressing for the activity that Momma had planned for us before school today.

I went to my bathroom and stripped out of my nightgown and panties and got into the shower having first protected my hair so that it wouldn't get wet. Once I was completely clean I rinsed off and the left the shower wrapping my self in a towel and then taking care of all of my morning routine. I could tell all through it all that there was a bit of noise going on in my bedroom but I thought nothing of it. I imagined that either Alicia or Momma was busy with something out there.

But when I was ready to leave the bathroom and go out into my room to get dressed, I cautiously peeked out to see if the coast was clear. I threw the door open amazed at the transformation that the room had undergone! Gone were all the reminders of the ritual that had gone on last night as though it never happened.

But even more amazing was that in the alcove, where I'd never had anything in that space, was now a seating area with the recliner on one of the walls leading to my east facing window with its window seat and on the other wall was a brand new flat screen TV hanging up there. The recliner had been covered in a new slip cover that had a pattern that had been taken up by the wallpaper which had appeared on the walls of the alcove when I was transformed. It was just perfect! Now the recliner could stay in my room and not look out of place ready to be used by someone to watch over me every night as I slept! I was so blessed to have all this help when I needed it most!

~~~(***/::|::***)~~~

Momma gathered the girls together and took us in the van to the site for the Gymnastics lesson. All of us were already good all around gymnast. We had to be to do some of the Dance tricks in our routines. This training was to home our gymnastic skills in the individual exercises. That increased skill level would help us in our routines.

I loved Gymnastics even more now that I could more easily do all of the skills for girls with my female body and new center of gravity. There were a good representation of girls from the other schools too that we got to meet with and socialize. As soon as we warmed up, we divided up randomly into 2 teams. The instructors scored us as the competition judges.

We all thought that what we would be doing was Floor Exercise since that is what most of our tumbling runs consisted of tricks from. Another one we thought for sure would be the Vault horse since we all did vaults in our routines.

"I'm sure you are curious on how we are going to conduct the competition. We want you to stretch yourselves and we don't have time today to do all 4 events. What we will be doing is having each team doing the Balance Beam or Uneven Bars and then we'll switch. Besides the coaching that we give you on how to conduct each event, you may rely on coaching from your teammates as well. For this competition only the team scores will count toward the overall winner. Let's go girls!"

We were on the Balance Beam first and we had a red arm band and the other team had a green arm band. The coaches worked with each of us individually as well as using other students who had been taking gymnastics to demonstrate the skills involved. With my mimicking ability plus my ability to be creative, I had put together a good basic routine just as we were taught. However, I added a couple of tricks that I had mimicked from the individual gold medal winner in the last Olympics.

"Who would like to go first?"

"I will!"

"Okay Denise you can go first."

I broke the ice with my routine. I felt pretty good about the basic routine and the tricks that I had added. Since this was not about the individual scores, they did not reveal my score or any of the others who came after me. I found myself in demand as the girls asked me how to do some of the tricks of the routine we had been taught. We made extensive use of the practice beam near floor level as our teammates each took their turns.

"Go Blue Go!"

when I wasn't coaching, I joined my team mates as they encouraged each before beginning their routine. I also could not help but look at the other team competing on the Uneven bars. I could not wait to try flying like that. Some of the girls were really good!

Finally we finished and so did the green team on theirs so we swapped and repeated the process. Our blue team girls had gotten such a lift from their good routines on the balance beam that the confidence overflowed on to the training we each took on the Uneven Bars. I did the same here with going first and adding some tricks I had mimicked from Olympians. My good run gave confidence to the rest of the girls and we repeated our success from the previous event. Finally both teams were through and we sat on the mats in our teams to hear the results.

"First I would like to congratulate you girls on your great effort. There are several of you on both teams who might consider adding gymnastics as a sport. There are college scholarships to consider as well as the Olympics. Now to the results. On the Balance Beam, The Green Team, 81 and the Blue team, 99. On the Uneven bars The Green Team, 97 and the Blue team 105. The Overall winner is the Blue team with 204 points."

Each of the girls on the blue team congratulated each other as well as gathering for a big group hug. The Green team consoled each other but it was clear that they had a great team as well.

Chelsea who was still wearing her blue arm band gave me a big hug. "I know that you are the reason why we won. We were good but you are great, Denise. I am so glad that you are on our team. Hey, do you want to come over after practice?"

"That would be great, Chelsea. You're my girl and I love hanging with you!"

"You know it girl! Hey here comes Coach and the bus, guess we are off to L.I.!"

Once we all loaded into the Minivan it was not long before Momma made it to the front of Lamur Institute. Chelsea and I walked together since we were headed to the same homeroom. We made it to the hall outside homeroom where I saw Fran and Julie just going into the restroom. I excused myself from Chelsea and followed them in. Upon being finished in the stalls the three of us primped in front of the mirror. I palmed one of the black crystals in each hand and touched both girls on the shoulder.

"I am so glad you girls are my friends, being a cheerleader is nice but you two girls are genuine and I really love you both for that."

"I love you too, Girlfriend. I'm glad you came to LI."

"Me too. Never a dull moment with you around, Denise. Guess we had better get to home room before we get counted tardy."

"We filed out of the ladies room and into home room. I was able to check the crystals and they had both turned white. It appeared my assessment of them was correct. Now all I had to do was to call Momma and set things into motion. I always looked forward to first period but now even more with no Chelsea and having Miss Ariel for a teacher. When the bell rang for homeroom to end, I excused myself back to the restroom where I pulled out my cell and called Momma

"Momma, I tested both Fran and Julie. They both came back clear. I really would like for you to get them to help me."

"I agree that you can use some more help, especially for after the cheer-leading competition. I'll set things in motion and let you know when I sign you out for your doctor's appointment. See you in an hour. Have a good class, Kiddo!"

"Bye, Momma."

I hung up the phone and left the restroom and arrived in Miss Ariel's Algebra class for first period. The bell rang after I sat down and class was in session. I smiled at Fran and Julie. They had no idea what was ahead of them. I could not help but hope that since Fran had a crush on Deej that she would help me when she found out who I was. And Julie would help Fran help me. Ordinarily time seemed to whiz by in Algebra and today was no exception. Too soon for my tastes since my next stop would include a gynecological exam. Eww!

Just before the bell it was announced over the intercom, "Denise Russell, please report to the office." By now everyone knew that my Momma was on staff so my classmates didn't make any fuss. I picked up my things and purse and was just out of the doorway when the bell rang indicating class change, so I left it open.

I arrived at the office where the receptionist waved me through to Headmistress Lacon's office. I entered through the open door and saw Momma seated in one of the chairs in front of her desk and I sat down in the other.

"Your Mother, explained to me that with Hailey graduating and you being eligible for a scholarship that may take you away from us for next year, we may need to replace two cheerleaders for next year. I've approved her plans to do cheerleader tryouts and increase the cheer-leading team temporarily to a total of seven including Amy."

"The Headmistress also voiced to me her concerns which had been going on for a while now that her daughter, Star had been taken over by an evil force. After finding out that she was aware of quite a few supernatural things happening in Lamur, GA, I explained about our discovery concerning 'The Club' being powered by 'The Evil' and that Star is part of 'The Club'.

"Denise, or as I now know, Dexter, I admire your dedication to Lamur Institute which led you to become involved and also that you want to free Star and the rest of your friends from this 'Evil' which has taken over. I told your mother that you all should get in contact with the Headmistress of Lamur Preparatory, Captain Celia Love, USAF. She has a connection to the supernatural herself and she may be helpful to you. Denise, please do your best to save my daughter, Star!"

"I will Headmistress. What about helping Fran and Julie shine at the tryouts?"

"The Headmistress has agreed for us to be able to recruit Fran and Julie to help you help Star and the other girls. Since I won't have any choice about who makes the team next year and won't be the coach, it is my prerogative to proceed with the fiction of a tryout after the competition. I am to make it clear that my choices are just for this year and that they should continue to train for the real tryouts for next year which will be held by the new coach.

"I'll get Francine and Juliet out of their class when you both return to campus and send them for a meeting in your office, Coach. My dear, I don't envy you on your way to your first gynecology exam. Hopefully soon Star and the others will be free and this will be all over. Dismissed."

"Momma and I left her office, arrived at the Minivan and drove off to my mother's doctor's office who soon would be my doctor too."

"Momma, that went well. I can't wait to talk to Fran and Julie and the Headmistress was so helpful. Do you know anything about Headmistress Love?"

"Not really, but I trust our Headmistress so Capt. Celia is well worth checking out and perhaps she might help."

"Who all are coming to supper tonight?"

"Jennifer, Richard and Alicia, Julie and Fran if they agree, both of us of course and Miss Ariel. I asked the Headmistress to come but she has plans that she can't break."

"That's awesome, Momma! I'll have the results of testing Hailey,'s home so we'll hopefully have lots to talk about."

The moment that I was dreading came. We arrived at Mom's Gynecologist's office and were ushered right in. I was put through everything needed for a complete physical exam. Last came me getting into the stirrups with only a paper gown for cover as she came in to administer the gyno. I won't go into details here. Suffice it to say that if you are a girl, you've been through it all many times and if you're not, you don't want to know the details. Finally Momma came in to rescue me with my clothes to change back into. The Doctor gave me a clean bill of health for my physical and a prescription for birth control that I knew which would be useless. The spell would not allow any external factor to interfere with pregnancy once fertilization happened. The prescription would remain unfilled since the only way I had of preventing pregnancy was abstinence. I did not think that I could move as fast as I did getting in the car."

"Momma, I don't ever want to do that again."

"If all goes well, you won't have to, Kiddo. Even if you remain a girl, you would get used to it. The repeats are never as bad as the first one. But let's look forward. Where do you want to get take out for lunch for our meeting?"

"Chic-fil-a is Fran's favorite. Maybe getting her favorite lunch will soften the blow learning that her crush is now a chick like her."

"Are you sure you want to do that?"

"I have to. How can I hope to have Fran trust me if I don't trust her? It will be okay."

"A short wait in the Chic-fil-a drive through, had us getting food and beverages for four. We paid for it then were on our way back to school.

"Okay, Kiddo. We are here."

Mom parked the Minivan in her faculty space and we went to the office to sign both of us in. True to her word, the Headmistress called Fran and Julie to Momma's office. We left to meet them there. Upon arriving at Momma's office, we found Fran and Julie waiting for us. Momma let us all in and we took seats at the small conference table that we used for team meetings.

"Oh wow! Chic-fil-a! How did you know what we wanted, Coach?"

"Contrary to popular opinion, Denise does pay attention, even when it seems she is in her own world. Denise knew."

"Coach, we were told that this was freshman class business. What did you want to talk to us about?"

"Well officially I am informing you what you already know about my decisions about the Saturday Dance from Denise and Chelsea. But this is more for Denise to be honest with you about something and I'm here for moral support. Denise?"

"First, I need to let you both in on some secrets. I need your help and you can only do that if you know it all. Dee Jay is not away at school. I am Dee Jay and I was turned into a girl in order to join the cheerleaders for the competition. I know it's hard to believe but it's true. Right, Momma?"

"I only have one child, not two. Denise is Dee Jay. It's all true."

"Fran, it is me. Ask me anything."

"Last year in middle school, Dee Jay was sent a note addressed from a secret admirer. He would not show me or anyone what it said. What did it say?"

"How would you know? Oh Fran, you sent it. It said, I feel like you are a really great guy. You are sometimes too shy for your own good. I really like you and I'm closer than you think. We could be a great couple, if only you could see it. Your secret admirer."

Fran, nodded that it was right, She seized up with emotion and began crying. She sought Denise's shoulder and she was drawn into an embrace as the tears began to flow freely. Julie had a few tears of her own and joined them in the hug while the Coach looked on. The tears dried up and the clinch released. That left Denise looking into Fran's eyes wondering what she would say.

"Oh Dee Jay, why did you go and do this? I know why but this is so frustrating. And that's not all, as a girl you look even cuter than me. Oh Deej!"

"I'm so sorry, Fran. I've been so blind and we missed out on some fun times because of it. Fran, I really need your help. Your's too Julie. I'm in a little over my head in a battle between good and evil that I stumbled into."

"Deej ... Dee... Oh I don't know what to call you! Of course I'll help you."

"Me too! What have we gotten into?"

"Thanks, Fran. Thanks, Julie. Right now it would be better if you call me Denise. Well as you can guess, I discovered that majick really exists, not performance magic but the real thing. I was so fascinated that it was real that I forgot to ask what the source or price of that majick. 'The Club' was what changed me. Before the circle, we thought it was Wicca. Momma was part of a real circle in college, so when she found out the plans, she had her friend Rebecca who was her circle's leader fly out to help."

"Who are the members of 'The Club', Denise?"

"Hailey, Chelsea, Star, Kendra, and formerly Jenna from LI, and Sabrina and Veronica from surrounding schools. With Jenna gone, they are looking for a replacement. It was meant to be me, but Rebecca entered the circle and kept the evil which powers and controls 'The Club' from infecting either of us. 'The Club has a new seventh member but we don't know who it is yet. It may be Chelsea and Hailey's Mom, Brittany. I've confirmed that all including Hailey have been overwhelmed by 'The Evil'. I intend to go to visit there after school.

"How do you know who has been touched by evil?"

"I have detector crystals and I've tested the ones I know about. I also tested you two this morning to confirm that you both have not been touched by 'The Evil' I'm sorry I did it without your consent but I had to know for sure before I spilled everything to you both."

"It's okay, Denise. I understand the stakes and I'm glad that you trust us now."

"It's okay by me too, Denise. So you know that all have been touched by evil so far but not who the evil is using as it's avatar?"

"That's it. Rebecca was pretty sure that Hailey was an actual wiccan and that the Evil had not taken her as its avatar. The difficulty will be if there are no weak links, how will we get the girls out of 'The Evil's' control? Momma?"

"Unfortunately Rebecca had no plan for something this intense but her circle is working on it. What we do know is that after the competition that we expects the attacks against Denise to be greater since the cheer-leading competition will be over. Some how 'The Club' wants to force Denise to remain a girl forever. As it stands now the spell calls for her to remain like this for a cycle of the moon. At the end, if she is not really a transgirl, she'll become Dee Jay again, and if so history will be changed so she will have always been Denise and Dee Jay will never have existed. The same thing would happen if Denise becomes pregnant, and 'The Evil' wants her pregnant. Rebecca canceled out things like a high sex drive which was to guarantee that Denise was pregnant and become part of 'The Club'"

"How do we fit in?"

"You two have been and now are my friends, true friends that I can trust. I'd like for you to be protected as I have been and help me get the other girls away from 'The Evil'."

"After the competition, I as coach will expand the spots on the team by two and hold try outs. Denise and I will work with you two before then so that when we hold the try outs that I can pick you two for the spots. I have some protection medallions like the one that Richard wears to protect you from 'The Evil' that I can give you today. On the team you all can help look out for each other and help with what we come up with to rescue the girls."

"So Denise, how can you not know if being a girl is right for you?"

"I've been straddling the middle of the genders for as long as I have really known myself. I feel like I could be comfortable either way but that doesn't make me a transgirl in itself. The spell makes me comfortable in my own skin so I can function, provides me with girl skills and girl knowledge till the new moon. Afterward, all that will be gone and I'll be able to tell but for a while, I'll be going on inertia so it may be close to the end before I'll really know if I'm a girl inside. I don't think that I am and that Dee Jay will be back."

"Denise, above all, I want you happy and if you are really a girl then I'll deal with it. However, I would really like the chance that Dee Jay and I missed out on to see what we would be like as a couple."

"I'd like that chance too Fran. But I have to make sure that I resist any temptation to get pregnant in the meantime which means doing my best to defeat 'The Evil'."

"Okay, what's next?"

"You girls are invited for a late supper at my house at Eight o'clock, where we'll make plans. I forgot to mention that Jennifer is also accomplished as a cheerleader, so in the mornings while the rest of the cheerleaders are participating in activities, you two will work with her training for the tryouts which I will pop in on. You two don't have to be up to the skills of the other cheerleaders, just better than any of the other girls who are trying out. Denise and I will work with you as we can fit it in on some of the specific routines that will be part of the tryouts."

"Won't they cry foul if they find out that we are ringers?"

"Well I already won't be coach next year. LI actually hired a coach to start then. Everyone will have to try out in summer for the new coach, so what you'll be getting is only the two weeks at the end of the year and that's all we need you for right now. If you decide to continue with the new squad, the next competition will be fair for everyone."

"When you put it like that, I can't see any problem. They can not like it but won't be able to do anything about it."

"Here are the necklaces that I promised, one for each of you. You'll form the smallest possible circle, not of wiccans but of 'white lighters' like Rebecca and her circle. These protect but don't confer any power. Power is given by communion with a goddess of good. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, since I don't know the address of any local goddesses. They are made with a wiccan symbol just to camouflage your true source.

Coach Russell passed a Celtic triqueta knot necklace to Denise, Francine and Juliet. They put them on all at the same time. When the necklace touched their skin, a flash came from them flooding the room with light. An aura surrounded each of them which Denise could now see. She looked at her mother who was covered by one as well.

"Goodness this is so cool! Can anyone else see these auras we all have?"

"Your circle is linked to Rebecca's so all we are all sisters now. No one outside the sisterhood can see our auras unless a majick reveal them but you would have to be looking for auras."

"So Fran and Julie, you know most everything now. Are you in?"

"I'm in! I look forward to hearing the plans tonight at supper at your house."

"I'm in, too."

"Okay, remember that all we talked about, for any outsiders, is the cheerleader participation in the freshman dance. You girls run along to class and I'll see you all for Supper if not before. Dismissed!"

Mom giggled as she said the last word. We all were in good spirits and my hopes of actually finishing our goals without being overwhelmed just tripled. I followed Fran and Julie out of Mon's office and on the way to class.

When we got to Women's history we found that we freshman girls were going to be excused from the rest of the school day's classes in order to participate in a special extended class that Headmistress Lacon had arranged on ballroom dancing. We found that the gym had been turned into a ballroom dance floor with expert male dancers from the Arthur Murray Dance Studio standing by to teach each one of us individually and be our dance partners. Each of them had a name tag on with the name of a freshman girl as well as the one with his name on it. I searched through the young men and finally found the one who was for me. He turned out to be an Australian who resembled Hugh Jackman from the movies. We received our instructions on our first dance which was a waltz.

My dancing partner was named James and I learned a lot from him. Since I had my mimicking ability, I was the belle of the ball dancing each new dance flawlessly. We glided along the gym floor. After a break for refreshments, each of us girls were fitted for a loaner pair of dancing heels. We repeated the instruction again and I was the first to master the dances yet again.

James was determined to fill all the allotted time with dance instruction. We went along adding enhancements, tricks and extended choreography so that by the end each of our dances looked worthy to be either in a professional competition or on "Dancing with the Stars" Headmistress Lacon came by near the end of the lesson and stopped James by tapping him on the shoulder

"James, you must give the poor girl a rest. I know that she seems like a professional dancer but she's just a talented amateur. She's more than learned everything she needs to know for a freshman dance."

James spoke and when his accent came out, you just had to forgive him, "I'm so sorry, Headmistress. She's a dream to dance with. I forgot where I was and I guess I was hoping that I had found my perfect partner for professional competition. No?"

"No. I'm afraid we have first claim on Miss Denise's time. You see our head cheerleader was called away two weeks before the competition. She flew in from overseas to the rescue and is taking her place, And of course she's a freshman just like the other young ladies here and she has at least three more years of LI before we would turn her loose. Sorry"

It's okay, sheila You both may have my card. Denise if you would like to dance again, please come by the Studio. I'd love to have a chance to get you into costume and see what kind of fun we might be able to have dressed to the nine's and dancing. Bye, Sheilas"

I did get to catch my breath and the lesson started concluding as the couples went their separate ways. Chelsea cam over to walk me out the door towards their home for my promised visit to spend some time with her.

Chelsea and I took advantage of the wonderful weather to enjoy walking home to her house after a bunch of girls came by in a car with Hailey among them. We had a wonderful walk. I noticed that Chelsea was happiest when she had my entire attention. If I were to wander to dwell on something else, her expression changed to one a lot more severe. I didn't want to fight with Chelsea, especially now that I knew she was under the power of 'The Evil'. I tried my best to keep her happy even if that meant flirting with her a bit.

When we walked up into Chelsea's driveway, I couldn't believe my eyes, since I saw two Haileys! But when I looked closer I saw that one of them was Brittany' Hailey's Mom. I marveled that she looked seventeen just like her daughter. I waved at them and they waved back. I saw that Chelsea was beginning to be peeved at me again, I wanted to get this over with ASAP. I palmed a clear crystal and altered my path to go touch Hailey on the shoulder to greet and speak to her. When I got close enough I reached out but before I could reach her, Chelsea gave me a hip check and I spun away from Hailey towards Brittany. Out of the corner of my eye, I thought that I saw Chelsea taking delight in my plight. I ended up touching my hand grazing across Brittany's leg as I fell to the ground. I saved the crystal and found that Brittany had turned it black. She was the new seventh member of 'The Club'

"I don't know what got into my daughter, Chelsea? After she made you fall, she just continued into the house just like nothing happened."

"Here Denise, Let me help you up. She acted like she was jealous of you stopping to say Hello to us,"

"Thanks, Hailey. She is a mischievous one. I know that she didn't mean to make me fall. I should have kept my balance. She didn't mean anything but fun."

Suddenly I didn't feel good. I knew now who the seven were. All were in the clutches of evil.

"Goodness, I think that I tore my skirt. I had better get home and see about mending it. Please tell Chelsea that I'll come back another day to spend time with her. Bye!"

I had not any sprains, scrapes, bumps or bruises. The only damage was to my skirt. fortunately it had been torn along a seam so it would be an easy repair. I headed home and straight to Momma where I could not hold the tears back any more. She held me till I had cried myself out.

What's going on, Kiddo?"

"I tore my skirt after Chelsea gave me a hip check that landed me at her mother's feet. What's worse is that she seemed to take delight in causing me to fall, Brittany Dooley looks like Hailey's identical twin now. When I accidentally tested her with a crystal, she came out black."

"So that means that Brittany is the new seventh member of 'The Club'.

"They all show the worse degree of evil so we still don't have any clue who is the primary vessel of 'The Evil' Goodness!"

"Leave me that skirt and I'll mend it for you, Denise. Go ahead and go upstairs and lay down. I'll come up and wake you before our guests arrive so you can get ready for supper."

"Okay, Momma. Thank you."

I took off my skirt and handed it to Momma. I slowly walked up stairs and ended up in the restroom where I decided to take a nice long soothing bath to unwind. Scented candles and bubble bath did wonders for my sense of well being. Relaxed, I left the bath just in time to have some time to lay down.

~~~(***/::|::***)~~~

"Kiddo, rise and shine!"

"Oh Momma, just five more minutes. Wait! I didn't sleep all night did I? I'm up! I'm up!"

"Kiddo, you are fine. It's only 6:30 PM and our guests won't begin arriving for an hour. Get dressed and meet me downstairs to help with the finishing touches."

"Thank's Momma. You're the best! I'll get ready"

I got up refreshed and ready to constructively face the challenge that all my friends in 'The Club' were dark with the influence of the blackest 'Evil One'. It was so dark that I was hoping with all my being that the dawn was coming. I touch my necklace and think of the connection that I now share with Fran and Julie. If we can make another connection then perhaps We can make an end to this darkness for good. But enough thinking, it's time for doing.

I quickly get ready and join Momma down in the kitchen, grab my apron and put it on, and get to work helping Momma with the preparations. Finally all was done that could be until it was time to serve the dinner.

"Denise, dearest, come with me and take a break. How are you doing, Kiddo?"

"Much better. You know what they always say, It's always darkest before the dawn. I hope that the dawn starts tonight since it looks pretty dark to me right now."

Alicia told me that Rebecca did not plan for this possibility so we'll have to discover our own way to banish 'The Evil' from your friends in 'The Club'.

I have an intuition that what the Headmaster told us about Celia will provide us the lead that we want. I also have a good feeling about the circle that Rebecca set for us is part of the solution too.

Kiddo, I don't want you to over tire yourself thinking about it now. Just think good thoughts between now and the meeting after supper."

"Okay, Momma, once again I feel that you know best."

One by one the invited guests came in and settled around the table. I helped my mother serve and then we all settled down for a wonderful meal. Momma and I served coffee in the living room where we all settled down to listen to Alicia who was acting as facilitator for the meeting.

"I want to thank you all for coming. Added to the group that Rebecca put together to support Denise and her mother, are Miss Ariel representing an interested party and Denise's friends Fran and Julie, who hope to help as well. Lots of progress today. Let's start by hearing from Denise what she found using the detection crystals."

"I was able to test everyone in 'The Club' and all showed the very darkest black taint of the Evil. We can't tell which was the main vessel of 'The Evil' since there were not a greater level in any of the subjects. Quite by accident I tested the new seventh member of 'The Club' completing their circle again which had been incomplete after Jenna left for overseas. 'The Evil' made Brittany the mother and Hailey, identical twins by changing her to a seventeen year old. Brittany has lost her maturity and is just another girl now and is the new seventh member. All very dark indeed for the fate of my friends in 'The Club'"

"Thank you, Denise. Patricia, or should I call you, Coach. What did you find out today?"

"First off we confirmed that Denise is a normal health girl. I got approval from the Headmistress to hold tryouts and increase the cheerleaders by two for this year only and that the new coach would put all the positions for tryouts before next year starts. Fran and Julie, (raise your hands girls. Thanks.) agreed to help so you Alicia will be helping Denise and I prep them for tryouts so they can win the new cheerleader positions for the rest of the school year. Rebecca's gift of three necklaces to start a new circle of white lighters were accepted by Denise, Fran and Julie. the necklaces activate a majick defense for all three but needs the sponsor of a goddess to empower them. We pledged to do our best to set Star free who is the Headmistress daughter. The Headmistress told us that if we were dealing with Majick that we should seek out Captain Celia of Lamur Prep for further guidance.

"At this point, I'd like to call on Jennifer to hear what she was able to confirm about the hacking Star did to aid the cover story of Denise."

"I initially okay-ed what was done by Star until Denise messaged me to look a little closer. I did and found Star was very much a amateur hacker even though she managed to get into a secure installation of the Consortium by accident. Star was unable to cover her intrusions and did not back any of the hacking up with off line records. I found the evidence the consortium wanted me to find about their role in altering the data in their own system and with their work Denise's cover story is secure."

"Thanks Jennifer. I'd like to call on Miss Ariel who is associated with the Consortium for anything she would like to add."

"Thank you. I want you to know that the Consortium has the best interest at heart for Fran and Denise for their special scholarship program. The Consortium used their resources to correct the hacking done. Besides the fact that it was done sloppily, the cover was to send Dee Jay there abruptly without being consistent with their own protocols. The intent was clear in that they wanted to lose the identity of Dee Jay down a black hole never to see the light of day again. Star clearly intends that Denise be the real person who emerges after the lunar cycle is over."

"The Consortium reworked the story by saying that Dee Jay had been taken prematurely so the scholarship was not yet awarded to him. Instead of up rooting him again He'll stay in school there for the end of the term and complete the testing that he should have completed earlier. This will enable Dee Jay to be restored back here in records once the month is over if Dee Jay reverts back to himself. As for Captain Celia, I know her to be an Avatar for a goddess who has a presence in Lamur. Denise, Fran and Julie should seek her out to see if they can complete the quest to empower their necklaces.

"Thank you, Miss Ariel. Finally, Richard has something about the threat to Denise from spelling boys around her. Richard?"

"Thanks. Denise and I are proceeding with the fiction that we are a couple in order to have the human agent of 'The Evil' believe that I am still a candidate to de-flower her and thus force her to become Denise for ever. The wards are holding against Denise herself being effected. The ward on the necklace that I have allows me to detect and play along with any activity they initiate by emulating but not executing it. I don't feel they will up their attack until after the competition. If Denise were raped then that would impact her ability to be a cheerleader for the competition which some how the human agent appears to want as well as Denise staying around permanently as she is now. Alicia?"

"Thank you, Richard. Does anyone have anything else to add? Hearing none, this meeting stands adjourned. Thank you everyone for coming. Drive safely!"

"Everyone took the hint and after a mandatory bit of small talk, everyone began to go their separate ways. Momma took me back upstairs and tucked me into bed where I went promptly to sleep.

up
108 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos