Wheels and wings 21.

Printer-friendly version

Wheels and wings 21.

Character List.

Jack Thomas Later AKA Ellie Transvestite/intersexual and keen cyclist.
Amanda Thomas AKA Amie Jack's sister.
Charlotte Dawson Keen girl cyclist and Jack’s soon-to-be girlfriend.
Bob Cycling club captain.
Mr Thomas Weston School games master and keen rugby player.
Billy Davies. Rugby ‘jock’, kind to Jack, he fancies Charlotte.
Marjorie Spencer. Holder of unofficial ‘Prettiest-girl-in-the-school’ title.
Miss Elizabeth Postlethwaite. The English Mistress.
Aunty Olwen Where Jack changes for school and leaves his bike.
Mandy. Olwen’s daughter, Jack’s older cousin.
Mr Griffiths The County solicitor.

Chapter 21

Elizabeth seized the opportunity for a break and breathed a sigh of relief as she dwelt upon the welcome respite of the tea-break. Carefully she marshalled her own objectives.

Firstly she wanted Ellie to stay at the school because the kid was a good academic.

Secondly she wanted Elli to feel safe and happy at the school.

Thirdly she wanted the school to become LGBT friendly because this objective suited Ellie’s needs and her own.

She watched Ellie nibbling at the scone and smiled.


‘The child’s actions and habits were becoming more feminine with every day.’

She decided that enough had been spoken of that evening with Ellie. Elizabeth had to get other issues moving like keeping Weston on Ellie’s side and consequently turning the ethos of the school around to LGBT Friendly. She stood up, bent over and kissed Ellie tenderly on the cheek. Ellie looked up puzzled and confused.

“What was that for?”

“To demonstrate my support for you. If you are strong enough to stand and be counted then I must make a stand too.”

Ellie’s jaw sagged and she turned firstly towards her mother then back to Elizabeth as the realisation finally sank in and became fact.

“You mean you’re ... you’re definitely going to come out as LGBT, you’re coming out as gay as well?”

Elizabeth nodded as she finally crossed her own Rubicon.

“Yes Ellie, I’m gay and I’ve been a coward. I’ve decided you need support and I’m going to stand by you.”

“But won’t that get you into trouble ... with the governors and stuff?”

“The law is on our side Ellie. I don’t think the governors will be able to withstand a double onslaught.”

“Hope you’re right,” Ellie replied. “They will always try to find some reason, some excuse.”

Elizabeth shrugged slightly, the action belied her real fears.

“We’ll see Ellie. Spring term’s over but I’ve got work to do during the Easter vacation. I suggest you take time out from studying and enjoy the holidays. “When you return, I think you’ll find some significant changes.”

On this note, Elizabeth made her farewells and returned home.

~~ooo00ooo~~

up
200 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It's gonna hit the fan now.

I hope that Ellie will grab hold the olive branch if it is extended. She has so much to lose. Please let this play out for the best of all.

Gwendolyn

Now I am wondering

if both Elizabeth and Ellie come out at the school, how many others will come out as LGBT?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine