Hello David 2

Printer-friendly version
David, awkward around boys and unable to fit into their rough
and tumble activities, had felt much more at home with girls and their
generally gentler pursuits. By the time he was seven he’d developed a deep
longing to be one of them and detested the body he’d been born with.

Connie decided to take matters into her own hands and
become the girl that she knew she was supposed to be!

Hello David
Chapter 2

by Sydney Moya

Copyright © 2012 Sydney Moya
All Rights Reserved.

Image Credits: Title Picture purchased and licensed for publishing from

123rf.com. The model(s) in this image is in / and are no way connected with this story nor supports nor conveys the issues and situations brought up within the story. The model(s) use is solely used for the representation of looks of the main character(s) of this particular story. ~Sephrena

Divider licensed for use in publishing from Photoshopgraphics.com ~Sephrena.

Legalities: This work is the property of the author, and the author retains full copyright, in relation to printed material, whether on paper or electronically. Permission is granted for it to be copied and read by individuals, and for no other purpose. Any commercial use by anyone other than the author is strictly prohibited, and may only be posted to free sites with the express permission of the author. ~Sydney Moya.


 

Antique-Dividers-4.png

 
 
Chapter Two
 
“What?” said Connie, surprised, “Why?”

“Whoa? What’s with the attitude? Can’t a girl visit her brother?” returned Gina.

“Of course she can but what I mean is you’ve never shown the slightest interest in visiting before,” remarked Connie.

“Yeah, sorry about that Dave, I know I haven’t been the most supportive sister but I’m trying to fix that so give a girl a break,” Gina answered.

“What about school?” asked Connie, vaguely aware that her sister ought to be at school or something.

“Semester’s over,” Gina chirped, “so I thought I’d drop by and see you unless you want to remain in splendid isolation coz that’s the vibe you’re sending me.”

“Of course not,” said Connie, indignant.

“Then give me your address and the directions to it,” replied Gina.

Connie realised she was in a quandary as Gina like the rest of her family had no idea of the dramatic changes that had taken place in her life.

‘It was bound to come to this,’ thought Connie with apprehension.

“Well? Still thinking of a way to get rid of me?” Gina went on as Connie deliberated what to do.

“No,” said Connie quietly before giving her sister the directions to her building and her apartment number.

“Okay I’ll get a cab. I’ll be there before you know it,” Gina told her.

Connie wondered what to do. The thought of dressing up in men’s clothing cropped up but she realised she’d got rid of all of David’s clothes and the one’s Jason had in the apartment were way too big for her. Also she didn’t have a binder anymore and the thought of hiding the body she’d fought so hard to get was nauseating and would only be a copout postponing something that ought to have been done ages ago.

She sighed and decided there was no point hiding or trying to get out of this, her family wouldn’t stay in the dark forever and she would have to face them sooner or later and she thought it best that she deal with Gina on her own terms in her apartment.

At least that way she could stay in control of the whole thing.
 

Antique-Dividers-4.png

 
The doorbell rang half an hour later and Connie checked the peephole and saw her sister waiting outside. Taking a few deep breaths to maintain her composure she then opened the door.

“Oh hi,” said Gina in surprise as a beautiful woman answered her brother’s door.

“I’m looking for David Richards, I think this is the address he gave,” she said uncertainly.

“Come in,” said Connie making way for her sister. She was surprised that Gina hadn’t recognised her yet but then again she didn’t expect a woman.

She closed the door behind her and turned to face her sister.

“Where’s David?” Gina asked before cocking her head and staring at Connie, “You look familiar. Have we met? Where’s my brother?”

Connie sighed deeply, “Gina it’s me,” she said softly.

Gina squinted for a few moments before the flash of recognition hit her.

“OMG!” she screeched in shock, mouth agape.

“What, what are you doing?” she added in a loud voice.

“Sit down please,” requested Connie calmly.

“NO I DON’T WANT TO SIT DOWN DAVID, WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING DRESSED AS A GIRL. FOR PETE’S SAKE YOU EVEN HAVE BOOBS!” shrieked Gina.

“Calm down and sit down. I’m not going to have you yelling in my home and if you want an explanation you’re going to have to be civil to me,” Connie coolly told her baby sister.

Gina opened her mouth to but thought better of it when she saw the no nonsense expression on Connie’s face.

Staring daggers at her sibling she reluctantly sat down on the couch. Connie sat across from her and began her story.

“I guess the easiest explanation for this is to start at the beginning,” began Connie, “so please bear with me,”

“Have you ever heard of the term transgender?” she asked.

“Yes, don’t tell me you’re one of them?” said Gina, sounding stunned.

Connie nodded, “I am or more to the point I was,” she answered.

“What do you mean?” replied Gina not getting her meaning.

“I mean,” said Connie before momentarily falling silent, “I had surgery six months ago,” she said.

Gina’s face paled, “You did?” she said, clearly at loss for words which was a first thought Connie.

“Yes,” began Connie, “I’m not your brother anymore. In fact I guess I’ve never been really,” she added.

“You had a sex-change? How could you do that?” said Gina clearly upset, “That’s so selfish,” she said.

“Don’t you dare judge me, you never had to wake up every morning and go to bed every night feeling trapped in the wrong body!” Connie retorted losing her cool.

“You didn’t go through your childhood feeling different from everyone else; you never went through adolescence as a boy terrified you'd rurn into a man when your heart says you’re a girl. You never had to hide your feelings all your life so you wouldn’t hurt anyone you loved or thought of ending the whole damned mess and killing yourself. You and Julian never wondered why I had no friends, didn’t hang out or wasn’t as cool as either of you; I was just your weird brother. I was depressed throughout high school and you were too self-absorbed to see it and now I’ve fixed the problem you have the audacity to tell me I’m selfish. Well to hell with you,” said Connie angrily before going to her room slamming the door behind her.

Gina was mortified, this was a side her gentle sibling had never shown and the things she’d said were heartrending, she had never thought David was unhappy let alone depressed and suicidal. The stuff about being trapped in the wrong body was incredible and she’d never realised it over all this time.

What kind of a sister am I? Gina wondered sadly as the tears coursed down her cheeks. She stood up and went to the room her sibling had fled to. The girl on the bed was heaving with silent sobs and Gina joined on the bed and embraced her.

“I’m so sorry I wasn’t there for you. I had no idea,” she said gently as she cried too.

“I’m sorry too. I wish I’d told you earlier,” answered Connie.

The two women sat like this for a long moment as Connie cried and finally connected with someone in her family about her life.

They talked and Connie shared her secret life with Gina.

“You’ve been on hormones for seven years. Damn you could have damaged your liver,” said Gina concerned.

“I know but it was a risk I had to take and I did get my blood checked every few months. It was also the only way to make sure I didn’t become too masculine,” said Connie, “I wouldn’t have been able to deal with that and it would have made transitioning difficult,” she finished.

Gina had no idea what to say, she was learning so much about her sibling and this person was such a stranger. She wanted to be there for her but it was like building a relationship with a family member she was only meeting for the first time that they might as well have been separated at birth.

“You have no idea how strange this is honey. It’s like I’m meeting you for the first time and I don’t know how to relate to you,” she told Connie.

Connie smiled.

“At least you're here and I’ve told you. I’ve really longed to tell you who I am. I hope we can be friends?” she offered.

“Don’t be silly, of course we’re friends and besides I’ve always wanted a sister. I just didn’t expect to get one this late in life or this way,” said Gina.

“I was always your sister, you just hadn’t figured it out yet,” Connie told her.

“Yeah I suppose you’ll make a better sister than you were a brother,” she teased.

Connie hit her with a pillow and Gina squealed as she got hit. As she ducked the next blow she noticed the pictures on Connie’s bedside.

“Hold on a sec,” she said her voice serious.

“Who is the hunk?” she added picking up a framed picture of Jason holding Connie.

Her ‘new’ sister blushed, which was enough to tell Gina who he was, not that the way they were posing wasn’t enough.

“Boyfriend huh,” she said simply.

“Yes,” said Connie softly, her voice betraying her feelings for the fella.

Gina was once again lost for words, trying to reconcile this woman with her brother. That she was once David was amazing and the fact that she had a boyfriend was mind boggling. She had no idea how to proceed.

“How long have you been seeing him?” she finally asked, breaking the silence.

“Five months. We met a month after I came back from Thailand,”

“Oh,” said Gina trying to process this, “um so have you, you know,” she uneasily.

“What? Slept with him?” asked Connie eyeing her sister warily.

Gina nodded.

“Gina I’m a straight woman, I like guys and yes I have slept with him,” answered Connie.

Gina looked uncomfortable.

“Look Gina, I was a girl trapped in a male body. I like boys and girls didn’t do a thing for me but I never did anything with a man before the surgery. I’m not a gay man and I need my man to see me as 100% woman. Besides I hated my body so much I could never find myself attractive and people can sense that. After the op my self-confidence increased and next thing I knew guys were hitting on me,” Connie explained.

The tension in the air evaporated with that statement. Their upbringing simply didn’t allow them to be comfortable with men having relationships with other men and Gina was glad to discover that her sister had been chaste before her surgery and Connie sensed this.

“I love Jason,” she said from the bottom of heart, “and to me it’s a normal man-woman relationship,” she added.

“It couldn’t be anything else Connie. I don’t see the slightest sign of a man in front of me,” Gina answered, “so I’m happy for you,” she added warmly holding Connie’s hands.

“I admit I never would have bet you’d have a lover before me,” she quipped.

Connie smiled too knowing what a loner she’d been.

“I’m really happy these days and Jason is the most amazing man,” she gushed.

“Does he know about your past?” asked Gina.

“No. I have no idea how to even bring it up. He’s already introduced me to his family and his hinted he’d like to meet Mum and Dad and you,”

“Oh, oh. You really know how to get in shit don’t you,” said Gina.

“Tell me about it. I don’t know how to even start dealing with this. I’m so scared Mum and Dad will hate me for this,” she confessed.
 
 

Antique-Dividers-4.png

 
To Be Continued...
 

If you liked or dislike my story, please leave me a comment or PM and let me know. I cherish all constructive criticism and will use it as such in order to improve my writing for you. ~Sydney Moya

 

up
256 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Pt Two

Hi
Sorry I didn't post this like I'd promised earlier, a couple of things came up but here is the continuation of Hello David. please tell me what you think.

Cheers
Sydney Moya

Hello David 2

Now she has her sister there for her.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Jason doesn't know??? Now

Jason doesn't know??? Now that's tough. I'm very lucky I told my long-time boyfriend before we got steady. I wouldn't know how to handle this situation.

ooh Connie's in trouble

How in the world is she going to smooth this out.

Oh and to give the answer for Connie, NO Gina you can't visit your brother so there
I so can't wait for ch3.

I am always amazed at the power of words when they come flowing out of the heart; even in small numbers.

Love the comments

Thank u for all your comments! I really like reading your views, divergent and as interesting as they are. Sometimes I feel you"re dangerously close to reading my mind!

Sydney Moya

OMIGosh! Continue this!

It's a superb story and I'm dying to see tons more of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More more more more more!!!!!

>< it burrrnnnzzzzzzz! we neeeedz our precioussssssssss (Hello David Chapter 3 - 300) :D

Sephrena

yes ma'am

I hear your pleAs, I'll do my utmost to deliver. Actually I have an outline of the direction the tale should take, all it needs is some details to flesh it out and as they say the devil is in the details.
Sydney Moya

Re: it burrrnnnzzzzzzz! we neeeedz our precioussssssssss

One Ring to rule them all
One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all
And in the darkness bind them!

I agree, Sephrena Lynn; this story HAS to be continued! Even Smeagol realizes this! ;-)

Jenny

good

good

Aye

Thanks!