Hello David 3

Printer-friendly version
David, awkward around boys and unable to fit into their rough
and tumble activities, had felt much more at home with girls and their
generally gentler pursuits. By the time he was seven he’d developed a deep
longing to be one of them and detested the body he’d been born with.

Connie decided to take matters into her own hands and
become the girl that she knew she was supposed to be!

Hello David
Chapter 3

by Sydney Moya

Copyright © 2012 Sydney Moya
All Rights Reserved.

Image Credits: Title Picture purchased and licensed for publishing from

123rf.com. The model(s) in this image is in / and are no way connected with this story nor supports nor conveys the issues and situations brought up within the story. The model(s) use is solely used for the representation of looks of the main character(s) of this particular story. ~Sephrena

Divider licensed for use in publishing from Photoshopgraphics.com ~Sephrena.

Legalities: This work is the property of the author, and the author retains full copyright, in relation to printed material, whether on paper or electronically. Permission is granted for it to be copied and read by individuals, and for no other purpose. Any commercial use by anyone other than the author is strictly prohibited, and may only be posted to free sites with the express permission of the author. ~Sydney Moya.


 

Antique-Dividers-4.png

 
 
Chapter Three
 
Gina stayed over for the weekend as she got to know her sibling anew. She was still a bit dazed about the whole thing and this wasn’t helped when she saw Connie buck naked that afternoon when she’d walked in on her in the bathroom just as she was stepping out of the tub.

“I’m so sorry, I thought you were done,” she said apologetically, trying to avert her gaze and failing.

Connie had to smile despite blushing too. It had been ages since this had happened.

“It’s okay,” said Connie, as she covered up.

“You look fantastic; it looks like you were born a girl. Are you sure were David because you certainly look like you were a high school cheerleader?” remarked Gina.

“I wish! I guess starting on hormones at 16 helped a lot,” said Connie happily.

“You know I’m actually jealous. Are the boobs all you?” asked Gina

“Yes, all home grown,”

“And down there, how does it feel?” asked Gina.

“I can’t really describe it; I can say I feel ‘right’ if you can get what I mean. I finally feel complete and I didn’t feel that way before the surgery. Everything’s as it should be,” explained Connie after a brief pause gathering her thoughts.

“Was the surgery sore?” asked Gina gingerly.

“Extremely, it was the most painful experience in my life but it was so worth it. It sure beats waking up feeling awful about my body,” Connie remarked.

Gina’s curiosity finally overcame her prudishness.

“Um…can I see?” she asked.

Connie dropped the towel.

Gina stared.

“Wow, modern medicine is amazing,” she finally said after taking in her sister’s form.

Everything looked so real from the rounded shoulders, ample bosom to the cleft between her legs and Gina could hardly get her head around the fact of Connie being David and that this had been hidden away from her for so long.

Connie had been on hormones for all this time and the Richards hadn’t noticed their son gradually turn into their daughter and if Connie hadn’t told Gina they most likely wouldn’t have found out.

“Mum and Dad are gonna have a cow,” Gina said.

Connie sighed, “That’s why I can’t bring myself to tell them,” she said.

“Well you have to unless you plan on moving further away and pretending you’re a boy over the phone for the rest of your life.” Gina told her before her eyes narrowed slightly, “When were you going to let us know about all this?” she asked.

Connie picked up her towel and headed to her room Gina following close behind.

“Or was it ever gonna happen if hadn’t insisted on paying you a visit?” Gina went on as Connie opened her closet and started picking out an outfit.

“Julian knew,” said Connie quietly the pain in her voice apparent.

Losing Julian had been a huge blow to her, Connie loved her family and Julian had been a great brother who didn’t give her a hard time for being an unusual kid. When she’d told him about her situation he had been supportive, promising to help tell their parents. His sudden death six weeks later had been a major reason for retreating into her shell for so long.

“Really,” said Gina, surprised.

Connie nodded, “He was going to help me tell Mom and Dad,”

“You’re serious,” said Gina. After all her brother had been the epitome of masculinity the least likely person to understand gender dysphoria.

“I know what you’re thinking, he was a jock and all that but a lot of that was for show. He was a really cool guy and he cared about my well-being,” said Connie, “I miss him,” she said quietly, eyes misting.

“Me too,” said Gina softly remembering the big brother who’d always been there for her when she needed him.

Julian’s death had been a painful thing to process and she hoped this transition of Connie’s wouldn’t finish off what was left of the Richards. She kind of saw why Connie had deceived them for this long. With David gone it would be like he’d died too and she guessed Connie hadn’t wanted to put them through that so soon after the loss of one son.

Still their parents weren’t going to remain in the dark forever, all it took was a determined parent and the whole thing would come out, she doubted Connie still had the energy to keep up the charade her relief at telling her kind of proved it. But how were they going to react?

Jack Richards was not the most liberal of men but he wasn’t a fascist either. Could they get him to accept Connie as his daughter? Like most men he was the type of guy who wanted to leave his legacy on earth, have someone carry on the Richards name. Now David wouldn’t be able to do that. Gina knew that David was already a disappointment to him after all he hadn’t joined the military and showed absolutely no interest in providing a grandchild.

Granted Julian was a tough act to follow and he’d cut him some slack but she’d seen the way he looked at David when he visited and during their childhood. He certainly loved him but it wasn’t the same as Julian or her. She suddenly wasn’t surprised Connie hadn’t felt at home back home, she’d certainly not had an understanding father. He was kind of aloof to her.

Mom loved David, of that there was no doubt at least in Gina’s eyes. He was constantly being cited as an example of good behaviour when she partied too hard or slacked with her schoolwork and she called him regularly to check up on him. Losing Julian had probably hurt her most and she’d responded by being more attentive to the remaining two. The fact that she hadn’t seen David for two years was bound to lead her to come visit one of these days and she’d be in for a surprise when she saw the person she thought was her son.

Gina decided to get to know Connie better so she could help her sister when the time came. It was the least she could do for her after all the pain she’d suffered.

Consequently the girls spent the remainder of that weekend rebuilding their relationship, learning what made the other tick and becoming friends. Gina found Connie to be sweet, chatty and a wonderful shopper which explained the wardrobe she was becoming quite jealous of.

“At least I can steal your outfits,” she told her older sister.

“Ah, how things change, I never thought I’d hear you say that. I was always so jealous of your clothes,” replied Connie.
 

Antique-Dividers-4.png

 
Telling her sister was a relief for Connie and knowing she still cared made her day. Of course she still had to worry about their parents’ reactions when they found out about her transition as well as that of her beau, Jason.

She had no idea how he would feel on discovering her past and she debated whether to tell him or her parents first. They all had a right to know and in Jason’s case things were getting quite serious, he’d already introduced her to his parents and they seemed to like her a lot, his mother Lynne had already extended another dinner invitation to the couple. She clearly liked her which could make things more complicated. Heck, she was sleeping with Jason on a regular basis as if things weren’t complicated enough as it was.

What on earth had gotten into her? She wondered but then she’d remember how great in bed Jason was and a little smile appeared on her face. She was certain she loved Jason because she’d never felt so strongly about someone and sometimes she’d imagine herself married to him with a suburban house with a white picket fence featuring in those daydreams.
 
Three months later
 
Things would have continued in this manner because Connie had no desire to face her parents at that moment and she was terrified of telling Jason lest she lost him. Unfortunately for her Helen,her mom wasn’t too chuffed at not being able to see her child and she insisted on David coming home for a visit or else she would come drag her off her job. For some reason the threat worked and Connie didn’t fight not to go, after all how many reasons could she give for not seeing her parents.?

When Gina heard about it she immediately called her sister to reassure her of her support.

“So how are we going to do this?” she asked.

“I honestly don’t know,” said Connie.

“It definitely can’t be the way you showed me. I don’t think Dad will take kindly to the shock and awe treatment,” Gina pointed out.

“I guess but it’s not like I can turn into a guy for the duration of the visit,” explained Connie.

“I suppose not but you’d have to dial down the girlishness a bit Connie or they’ll have a heart attack,” said Gina.

“Why did I agree to this? I just know it’ll be a disaster,” said Connie.

The sadness in her tone was unmistakable and Gina’s heart went out to her.

“Don’t stress honey, I’m sure It’ll work out and I’ll be right there to support you,” she told her sister, “I love you sis,” she added.

“I love you too Gina,” remarked Connie, her spirits lifting slightly.

“Connie, please don’t take this wrong but I think something’s bothering you. You haven’t been yourself tonight or in the last few days,” Jason Koumakis her beau asked later that night after their date.

Connie looked at him wondering how she could explain the whole situation to him. She sighed,

“I’m just worried about my family,” she said.

“Why, what’s wrong?” he asked in concern.

“I have to go visit my parents this weekend,” she answered.

“Really, do you want me to come with?” Jason replied.

Connie froze.

“Uh, no not this time. I think it’ll be a bit disconcerting to them to discover I’ve got a serious boyfriend,” she said.

“You mean you haven’t told your family about me?” said Jason, sounding hurt.

“No Jason it’s not like that. My sister knows about you but my parents don’t and I will tell them this weekend,” said Connie softly.

“Besides I don’t think my dad would take too kindly to finding out you’re sleeping with me,” she teased.

Jason laughed and proceeded to tickle her. Before they knew it they were in bed and for a while Connie’s troubles were put aside as Jason stroked in and out of her. She loved the feelings that were generated by their lovemaking, that feeling of surrendering to Jason yet still controlling him as he caressed her as deeply as he did. Though being a woman was not only about sex this was one perk she’d got from her op. Of course she had nothing to compare it too, having never slept with anyone as a male but she was certain she would never have enjoyed it so much.
 

Antique-Dividers-4.png

 
Despite her misgivings Connie had decided to face her fear and bite the bullet. She was dressed androgynously in pants and man’s shirt, her hair in a simple ponytail all the styling removed. She wasn’t wearing any makeup or earrings. It was quite chilly so the thick jacket she wore helped disguise her breasts. Both of them felt this was the best they could do to bring David back though neither of them was convinced it was very convincing; Connie still looked like a girl. They’d been uncertain if she should go as she really was or dress as David but ultimately Gina had thought it might be too much of a shock to their parents if Connie’s gorgeous self showed up.

When they reached their parents neighbourhood they drove a block away from their home before parking. Both of them sat in the car mapping out a strategy as befitted the children of a military man. They wondered if Gina should go in first and explain the situation before Connie came in but Connie didn’t feel it was fair to her sister, she felt that as the older one she ought to be responsible and tell her parents herself.

So they drove back and both girls left the car simultaneously. Gina gave her sister a hug for morale and let her know she was there for her.

They then walked to the door and rang the doorbell.

Their mother answered the door less than a minute later.

“Gina!” she said happily embracing her youngest child.

“Look what the cat dragged home, hello son,” she said with a smile before kissing Connie on the cheek and attempting to smother her with a hug. Connie knowing this might happen had bound her breasts and didn’t go into the hug like her sister had; fearful her mother might sense her bust.

“Gosh, don’t they pay you? You’re so thin sweetheart,” she said taking a good look at the child she hadn’t seen in over two years.

“And your hair, what on earth are you keeping it for. It makes you look like a girl,” she commented before Connie could a get a word in.

“Hello Mom,” said Connie in a carefully modulated voice.

Gina nearly sniggered, Connie couldn't even sound convincing as a boy but luckily their mother didn't notice it.

“John, the kids are home,” Helen told her husband, calling him by his given name.

Seconds later Jack Richards appeared in the foyer to greet his offspring.

He embraced Gina kissing her on the cheek in that affectionate way fathers’ reserve for their youngest daughters.

“Well, look who we have here,” he said looking at the person he thought was his son.

“Hello Dad,” said Connie, smiling slightly.

Jack seized his hand with a firm grip, “Hello kiddo. Been a while son. They finally gave you some leave and you decided to see your old folks hey, good to see you man,” he said heartily as he pumped Connie’s hand and placed a hand on her shoulder.

Connie suddenly felt awful, it was clear her parents were glad to see her and all she could do was avoid them and she was certain she’d hurt them once more before her trip was over.

“I wish I could have visited more but my job is really hectic,” said.

“Sure David, I can see that, you haven’t found time to get a haircut as well,” pronounced Jack, “well I guess we’ll go visit the barber before you go eh,”

Connie grinned slightly, “I don’t think so,” she said.

“Good thing you’re not in the air force my boy,” he said with a frown eyeing Connie’s long hair with distaste.

Helen shepherded them to the family room and proceeded to give her children the third degree, well Gina any way since Connie simply wasn’t the chatty type.

Jack was content to comment here and there as was his right as head of the household but he left the talking to the women and read his paper while grunting every once in a while about what those fool Democrats were doing in Washington with the country.

“Give me Reagan any day. Those lefties will spend us into poverty,” he muttered.

Connie knew better than to remind him that Reagan had increased the deficit every year in his second term with his dumb Reaganomics. She hoped he hadn’t become a Tea Party adherent in her absence.

Before long Helen was marshaling Gina around the kitchen while directing Connie to lay the table.

During the meal Connie remembered why she ought to have come home more often, her mother’s cooking was divine and she found herself enjoying it despite the tension she felt. She hoped to tell them after dinner but when the meal ended she couldn’t find the courage to bring up her situation.

She caught Gina looking at her and she quickly she shook her head.

Later that evening when their Dad had dozed off in front of the television the girls met up in Gina’s room.

“I thought you were going to tell them over dinner,” said Gina wondering why Connie hadn’t spoken about her transition.

“I chickened out sis, I don’t know why I’m so scared, I really wanted to say something,” replied Connie.

“Well you’d better before they figure it out or you go back without them knowing,” said Gina.

“Would that be so bad?” said Connie softly.

Gina looked flabbergasted, “Of course it would. You had a sex-change for Pete’s sake and you’re not gonna hide it from your parents forever, what happens when Mom makes her way to your apartment and finds Connie there? Or dad wants to do some father-son bonding or when I decide to get married. Are you gonna pretend you’re a guy till they die?”

“Shh!” said Connie spiritedly not wanting their conversation to carry downstairs.

“Okay but you’d better tell them or I will,” Gina hissed.

“I just don’t want to hurt them,” said Connie softly.

“I think it’s a bit too late for that honey, you’ll make it worse if you withhold it any longer,” said Gina frankly.

Connie knew she was right; it had to be done so she could move on with her life. They were her parents and she owed them the right to know that David didn’t exist anymore. They had to realize that their son was gone which was just the problem. They had already lost another son and it felt like she had killed their remaining son. After all David was all they’d known for 23 years while Connie had been hiding. This is what made her reluctant to tell them about the drastic changes she’d undergone.
 

Antique-Dividers-4.png

 
The next morning she gathered her courage and after breakfast asked to talk to both her parents in the family room. She felt Gina ease up next to her and squeeze her hand.

“What’s the matter David?” their mother asked.

“I’ve been keeping a secret from you for most of my life,” began Connie softly.

She saw and felt her parents tense up. The temperature in the room seemed to decrease.

Helen was about to interrupt but Jack held his hand up so their child could continue.

“Ever since I was four or five I’ve felt something was wrong with me. It’s like I was something inside that I wasn’t on the outside,” began Connie trying to stay calm.

“Go on,” urged Helen.

Connie sighed, “I’ve always felt I wasn’t a boy that I’m supposed to be a girl,” she told them.

That was the easy part in Connie’s eyes but she couldn’t have guessed the reaction that would follow.

“Goodness you’re gay!” said Helen in a tone no child wants to hear from their mother, it was tinged with disappointment and shame.

Her father though just looked at her, his expression verging on disgust. It was then that Connie knew her relationship with her parents was over. All that was left was to tell them the rest and go home she thought.

“No Mom I’m not. I’m not gay, I’m transsexual,” she pointed out.

“What’s the difference; you’re one of those boys who want to be turned into a woman so they can sleep with men! Where did I go wrong honey?” said Helen tears flowing down her face clearly distressed.

“After everything we’ve done for you,” she wept.

“I’ve already had the surgery,” announced Connie.

“What?” said Jack and Helen at the same time, even more shocked than before.

“I’m not a man anymore. I went to Thailand and had the surgery nine months ago,” she said more forcefully.

“My name is Constance now and I live my life as a woman,” she added.

“Why?” Helen asked plaintively.

“Because I had to. Like I said I hated being a boy and my body and that was the only way I could feel comfortable with myself and it worked. I like the body I have now and living as a woman feels so right,” explained Connie.

“What the hell?” Jack swore. He was getting angrier and angrier. Connie didn't think she'd ever seen him so riled up.

“David, that’s nonsense. You’re not a woman, please tell me you will get this undone before you ruin your life. If you need money I’ll give it to you,” said Helen, begging her child to come back to her senses.

Connie was aghast.

“Did you hear anything I said? I hated being a man and I wanted to kill myself until I stopped living a lie. I was miserable Mom, all my life and you never noticed,” said Connie, raising her voice.

“So this is your way of getting back at me?” said Helen angrily.

“No Mom, it isn’t. I did this for myself so I can feel comfortable in my own skin and not feel suicidal anymore. I’ve never been happier in my life than I am now and I wouldn’t go back to being guy even if you paid me. Besides my surgery isn’t reversible and even if it was I wouldn’t want it undone,” said Connie.

“So what is it you want here? Did you come here to tell us you’ve mutilated your body and you’re proud of it?” Jack demanded.

“You’re throwing away everything we’ve done for you,” Helen remonstrated.

“Look, Mom, Dad. I didn’t do this to hurt anyone. I did it to save my life. I want you in my life and I’d like you to recognise that I’m your child, your daughter,” pleaded Connie.

“Forget it David, I will never accept that bullshit. You’re not a woman and I won’t have it,” said Jack angrily.

“Is that your final word?” said Connie her eyes blurring.

“Aye, I won’t have a son of mine pretending he is a woman. That’s completely unacceptable,” he responded.

“I’m not going to be a man whether you like it or not Dad,” shot back Connie.

Jack stood up, “Then get the fuck out of my house,” he told Connie.

“Dad,” protested Gina.

“I’ll thank you to keep silent Gina,” he warned her.

Connie looked at her sister and just nodded telling her not to get thrown out with her.

She stood up and headed to her room took her luggage as well as a few mementos from her childhood and left.

“Don’t darken my door again as long as you continue to live like a pervert,” he told her as she pulled her suitcases to the door.

Connie struggling to hold back the tears stopped and looked at her Dad.

“I’m not a pervert but if you think that about your own child then I guess I don’t need a father like you either. I swear I’ll never bother you or Mom again. Thank you for raising me,” she told her father before walking out her head held high, her heart broken.

“Just get out of my sight before I do something we'll both regret,” said a furious Colonel Richards.

Somehow she managed to load her car and drive about six blocks before it all overwhelmed her and she broke down.
 
 

Antique-Dividers-4.png

 
To Be Continued...
 

If you liked or dislike my story, please leave me a comment or PM and let me know. I cherish all constructive criticism and will use it as such in order to improve my writing for you. ~Sydney Moya

 

up
240 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

“So this is your way of getting back at me?”

Elsbeth's picture

*Sigh*, heard that one before. Sorry mom not everything is about you. Poor Connie.

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

yes tell me about it!

Self centred people think the world revolves around them but that's life hey.

Sydney Moya

Aghhh. They make me so mad!

Aghhh. They make me so mad! How could they have been so blind in the first place? Why is it that parents, who are supposed to be a person's support and source of strength, often are the ones who do the greatest harm?

David 3

Sounds like a military Colonel to me. Total ass-hole. Sorry! Its just you don't throw your own out like that!

Richard

David has lost a family that

David has lost a family that can't accept Connie. But she still has Gina.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Re: David has lost a family that

Something tells me that the Colonel is going to lay the law down to Gina, forbidding her from any future contact with "that degenerate"! Let's hope that Gina has the inner resolve to stand up to her parents and remain true to her new sister. Perhaps, with her love and understanding, Connie's parents will eventually see the light and come to accept her for the woman she has always been.

Jenny

Unconditional love of a parent for a child ... MY A**!

Mom and dad sounded like two three year-olds who had their favorite toy taken away.
ME ME ME was all I heard from them. Not a word of comfort for the torment their child went through. Not a moments apology for not seeing she was hurting.

I hope the sister tell them the truth THE WHOLE TRUTH about how the older he-man brother understood and supported his TG sister.

THEN she should read them the riot act. IE something like.

Now that I KNOW what you really think of your children, the *depths* of your *love* ... this is the last day of your lives you will ever see any of your children.

If you try to contact me I will not reply. If you try to see me I will have you arrested for trespass. As of this day I have no parents. They are dead. I think I will have myself sterilized. I could never forgive myself for allowing your twisted genes to live on. Rot in your sanctimonious Hell."

Or something a bit stronger.

-- grin --

I can understand their shock but there is something to the idea of a Freudian slip. The mothers Immediate comment that assumed her TG daughter was a gay man and what did she do wrong as a mother... I read that as saying what did I do to deserve this. I was a great mother!"

Their initial response was to lash out, to shift the blame . To assign blame where there was none, just a fluke off prenatal development. They are GOOD people therefore anything wrong with a child of theirs must mean the child has been seduced by perversion.

CORE attitudes or not they have but hours to save their family if it is even possible, the self centered older gits!

-- snicker--

Yeah, the reactions were somewhat of a trope but all too likely in real life.

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. Nicely done.

John in Wauwatosa

This story should be

in the Xmas contest. Just add snowstorm and some change in December and wa-la! This story makes me think of Scott Ramsey's The Prodigal. Especially this chapter. Instead of the loving parents in The Prodigal, we have their Evil Twins here in Hello David. I can see so much potential for this story in the Xmas contest though.

And speaking of The Reconciliation contest, this would have been a perfect entry as is. >< !!!!!

Assuming the ending had a reconciliation attempt.

Im in agony atm. im not thinking straight. But still, this is what just occurred to me right now about this story. It still isn't too late and you can get a chance to win just for writing this.

Sephy

will think about it

I will think about it it's just I have a long term story line for this story which isn't xmas based. Thanks for the suggestion

Sydney Moya

thanks!

Thank you I try to leave people thinking !
Sydney Moya

Too Familiar

The details change, but the rejection is the same.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

It's been 24 hrs

and Im still anxiously awaiting the next chapter of this!!!!!!

(I know, I know: There will be no wine... before it's time. Stay Thirsty my friends!" )
 
 
Sephrena

 
 
 
Life is too short to not take chance at Happiness!

Re: No wine, stay thirsty!

I know, I know: There will be no wine... before it's time. Stay Thirsty my friends!"

You've managed to mix up two advertising slogans here, Sephrena Lynn Miller! In the old Paul Masson wine ads, the late great Orson Welles would pompously say, "We will serve no wine...before its time!" "Stay thirsty, my friends!" is spoken by "The Most Interesting Man In The World" to promote Dos Equis beer: "I don't always drink beer; but when I do, I drink Dos Equis! Stay thirsty, my friends!" Considering how many years it has been since the voice of Robin Masters last spoke the first set of lines, I'm sure his over-inflated ego would be flattered that you remembered at all!

Jenny