Family Tragedies & Secrets Pt 07

Printer-friendly version

Finally! A piece of REAL information revealed! Or is it? Hee! Have fun trying to figure it all out

Family Tragedies and Secrets
Part 07
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney

 

"Mr. Ugg? Sir I must inform you are not to discuss details nor to ask questions of us about the case for which we're fetching you, until we are at our destination and in the presence of the Assistant District Attorney overseeing the case at our end. Clear?” rattled off Sheila. She looked to the west, at the bulge of Epcot Center in the distance, like a wart on the horizon's otherwise blemish-free skin. That party pooper Kerry wouldn't even consider getting a day pass. The man in front of her nodded in reply and she led him to the car.
Kerry shook the man's hand and introduced himself, then tossed Sheila the keys. “You get first driving shift on the way back.”
* * * * * * *
Jeff wandered through the park. Ignoring other folks there. It was dusk, but he wasn't afraid.
Am I really gay? I mean, yeah, I was staring at another guy's ass. Does that make me automatically gay?Oh, Mom, I wish you were here. I mean, Katarina is a help, but... I talked to you about everything. How am I ever gonna make it without you? Matt's great, but will they let me stay with him? Or will they put me in some home? Or maybe there's a long lost relative that I don't know and that doesn't know me that I'll have to go live with?
He sighed and kicked a rock out of the grass and onto the bike path, then went over and kicked it out onto the road. Even talking to Emily wouldn't help.
She loved you, too, Mom, but she just can't understand. It's not the same. She still has Matt. I don't wanna leave here, it's the only place I know.
He walked over to a crooked tree, leaned against it and sank to the ground. As it became darker, he allowed the tears to crawl down his cheeks and chin before plummeting unhindered to the absorbent beyond of his t-shirt.
* * * * * * *
Emily finished her homework and put her books back in her backpack. Jeff was 'taking a walk' and so was still gone. She reached over and turned off the lamp and sat massaging her temples. Another of those stinking headaches was coming on. She sank back against the soft cushions of the plush loveseat and closed her eyes.
She had no idea how long she had snoozed, but the key in the front door brought her fully awake. The beautiful woman that came strutting in was completely visible to her by the light over the porch. She started to ask who she was, but she realized that sitting in the dark, the woman hadn't seen her yet. It was obvious the woman was right at home. She had long brown hair done in an up-do... a French twist leaving a couple of curly bits coming down in front of her ears. A gorgeous calf-length evening gown, slit up to the thigh and showing the tops of her stockings, with a matching wrap, heels, and purse. She couldn't make out any of the fine details, but the woman moved through the darkness as though she was familiar with the house. As the intruder arrived at the stairs, the long, lacquered nails reaching for the banister, Emily moved quietly to the overhead light and flipped it on. Emily drew a sharp breath and the lady whirled around halfway up, shock and fear on her face.
“Daddy?”

up
65 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting Answer...

...to Emily's question a couple of scenes back as to whether she could identify as a boy who likes feminine clothes occasionally.

Don't know where this is going, but finding out ought to be interesting.

Eric

WOW!

Must be twister season! So many twists that it is at times bit hard to follow. So far elements include possible crime by mother (and a possible father?), gay- and TG-issues. And all going round in my poor head!

I still think that slowing down a bit might make this one even more enjoyable than it already is!

Hugs,
Sissy Baby Paula and Snowball (my toy puppy)

Zing!

Breanna Ramsey's picture

Okay, you caught me by surprise here. I never had a clue about Matt. Admittedly we don't have a lot of info on him, but it was still quite a surprise. I'm more worried about Emily and the headaches though.

I'm not too sure about being able to see Spaceship Earth from the ground. Epcot is smack dab in the middle of the Disney property and the only things within about three miles to the east of it are Disney resorts. It's been a while since I was over in Orlando though - nit picky stuff anyway.

Very interested to see what happens next!

Scott
Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of--but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.
Lazarus Long - Robert A. Heinlein's 'Time Enough for Love'

Bree

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
-- Tom Clancy

http://genomorph.tglibrary.com/ (Currently broken)
http://bree-ramsey314.livejournal.com/
Twitter: @genomorph

Sights

Well, I'll bow to your expertise here and claim artistic license... Florida is one of the three states I've never been to for anything. Maine and Alaska are the other two

Edeyn