Stormy Night

Printer-friendly version

It was dark:30 and raining pretty hard and I was, headed home while going around a corner I noticed this person standing along side the road, so I pulled over and asked if they wanted a ride, turns out to be a young lady crying and Really upset. So she got in,while asking her where she was going, so she said East of Johnsburg, So I said I was going that way and would take her home. would of anyway for it was stormy night, not fit for any living thing, besides it was against the code not to help someone in need.

Since it was only about Ten miles away and Three miles from my home I started to try to calm her down by asking her what happened, thinking to myself why was she standing there in the pouring rain in the middle of the night, So, calming down she said she was on a date and her boyfriend kicked her out of the car for not putting out.
Takes all kinds. This takes place in 86-87, when there were some countryside left and before the bypass was put in.

So I started to ask her about her-self, trying to make her feel comfortable and at ease she was telling me how she help her family out on the dairy farm,and I talked about taking classes at the local community college, getting out of the Navy at the end of 85, when she told me she was home.

Typical dairy farm, house on one side, barn on the other side, dotted by big old trees scattered around. This I could see through the lightning flashes,then as I watched her go into the house I went home.

Two days latter I drove out there and there was nothing but field's. Yes, I know those areas from walking and riding bikes, I just put it down to a Red Solvine song about a trucker who did the same on a different stormy night.
This is my first written story any where, any pointer's are welcome.
Peace and Glad Tidings

up
70 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Stormy Night

Have the Road Knight meet her again and she tells him about her story, or her cousin tells him and he uses his fortune to buy and renovate the farm, finding fulfillment as a doting father or mother.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

lost

I'm a bit lost in this... the farm was destroyed by a twister with the storm?

I also don't understand the reference to this red solvine band.

I do not wish to be cruel here (just so you know)