Project Guardian: Book 1, Chapter 3.

Printer-friendly version

Project Guardian.

Book one: Angel

By SaraUK

 

Chapter 3 of 15

Synopsis:

How far would you be willing to go to protect your sister? Find out how far one brother's willing to, to protect his sister.


Story:

    Alice and Alex didn’t speak much at home anymore, and Alex never hung around with Alice at school anymore either. Sarah had tried to spend more time with Alex than Alice, but Alex said that she’d be better off spending time with Alice until the jocks finished taking out their revenge on him.

    It had been nearly a week since Matt, Damon and Paul all got kicked out of school and the football team were feeling the loss of its three best players. Alex found himself being pushed and shoved in the hallways and called names as he walked from class to class. He’d started blocking most of it out, so it was a shock when he suddenly found himself walking around a corner and bumping into Sarah coming the other way.

    Sarah had seen him coming around the corner and put herself in his path. She wanted to speak with him while Alice wasn’t with her. Alice was sat chatting with some of the cheerleading squad. Sarah found it strange for them to want to sit and talk with Alice, but she’d been talking to a lot of different girls since the truth came out. Sarah was just sad to see Alex suffering so much.

     “Hi Alex. You going outside for lunch?” Sarah asked with a smile.

     “Yes I am. Where’s Alice?” Alex asked looking around and not seeing her with Sarah.

     “She’s in the cafeteria with all her new friends, so I thought I’d come and live life a little more dangerously and have my lunch with you.” Sarah said grinning as she held up her lunch bag.

     “Suit yourself Sarah” Alex said, not really feeling like spending time with anyone at the minute.

    Sarah followed Alex out to a tree away from all the other kids, and in a spot where he could see if anyone was trying to sneak up on him. He sat down and gave Sarah a week smile as he indicated for her to sit down next to him. Sarah smiled back, happy to see any sign of Alex looking happy again.

     “Have you given any thought to me spending some time with Alexis?” Sarah asked as she started nibbling on her sandwich.

     “Can’t say I have.” Alex lied. He’d done nothing but think about Alexis, and how she’d never get to spend time with her twin sister again.

     “I wish you would think about it Alex. I’d like to go out shopping with her.” Sarah pushed.

     “I guess I don’t have much to lose at this point do I?” Alex shrugged.

     “Is that a yes?” Sara asked as she started grinning. “You’ll let Alexis come shopping with me?” Sara asked.

     “Yes I’ll let Alexis come out shopping with you.” Alex finally smiled back at her. “I think enough people have seen you and Alice together, that I should be able to pull off being her for the day.” Alex added as he thought about the upcoming shopping trip he’d be having.

    Alex and Sara finished their lunch and then made their way back into the school. They both stopped walking and looked on in shock as they saw Alice walking around with Tiffany and the other cheerleaders like she was part of their little group.

     “I don’t like the looks of that Sarah.” Alex said as he saw them walking down the hallway. Alex had never trusted Tiffany, she’d always been a world class bitch, and never had anyone around her unless she needed them for something.

     “It’s none of your concern anymore remember?” Sarah pointed out as she pulled Alex along in another direction.

    Alex was about to argue, but then remembered that she was right. Alice would just have to handle this on her own. Alex left Sarah at the door to her next class before he ran off to get to his own class. He saw Alice a couple more times through the afternoon, and she was with Tiffany every time.

    Sarah was waiting for Alex at the end of the school day, so they decided to walk home and talk about the plan for them going shopping on Saturday.

     “How do you want to do this on Saturday?” Sarah asked as they walked towards home. Sarah lived in the same direction as Alex, so it was a straightforward walk for the two of them.

     “I’m not too sure.” Alex shrugged as he thought about it. “I can’t leave the house as Alexis, and I can’t turn up at your house as Alex and leave as Alexis because your mum and dad will be freaked out if I do.” Alex added with a chuckle.

     “It would only be my mum, my dad left us some time ago, but mum will be working on Saturday.” Sarah said brightly. She was looking forward to spending some time with Alexis.

     “So I could come over to your place as me then, and then you can lend me some clothes and makeup to become Alexis, then we can go to the mall as girlfriends?” Alex asked sounding nervous.

     “Yes, that sounds like a perfect plan.” Sarah said as she started grinning and clapping her hands together.

     “Are you sure you really want to do this with me Sarah?” Alex asked sounding worried about it.

     “Yes, but only if you want to do it as well. I don’t want you to think I’m forcing you into anything.” Sarah said as she stopped walking and turned to look Alex in the eyes.

     “Part of me is excited about doing it Sarah, but another part is scared to death.” Alex said letting his feelings show. “Alice is the only one that’s ever seen Alexis and knows about her being me before.” Alex added looking worried.

     “That’s not entirely true Alex. I’ve seen her at the mall once, and then I spoke to her at school the other day.” Sarah said with a grin.

     “True, but you didn’t know for sure that it was me you were talking with.” Alex smirked as they started walking again.

     “True. How do you do that thing with your voice to sound like Alice anyway?” Sarah asked, as she remembered Alex sounding just like Alice when they spoke to each other at school the other day.

     “I’m not sure; it’s just something I’ve been able to do for some time.” Alex said doing a perfect copy of his sister’s voice.

    Sarah giggled and clapped her hands together, excited to hear Alex sounding just like Alice. “Have you ever fooled anyone on the phone using her voice?”

     “Yes, I do it all the time at home when mum and dad call to say they’re going to be late, or they call to say they’re on their way home.”

    That must have been fun to do?” Sarah asked.

     “Great fun, but I almost got caught the other Saturday when my dad got home early from work.” Alex said as he thought about being stood in the hallway when his dad walked into the house and found him stood holding two cans of pop on his way back up to give one to Alice.

     “What happened?” Sarah asked sounding just as worried as Alex had felt.

    Alex started walking again and told Sarah the story of how he spent his Saturday dressed as Alexis and helping Alice do the housework as a couple of sisters. Alex found himself missing the way the two of them use to be, as he told his story. He was also worried about Alice hanging around with Tiffany and her so called friends.

    Sarah could see that Alex was still conflicted about becoming Alexis without Alice being part of the plan. She could also see that he was still worried about his sister and her new group of friends.

     “You’re worried about Alice aren’t you?” Sarah asked as they got close to Sarah’s house.

     “Yes I am.” Alex sighed. “I can’t see any reason for Tiffany wanting to hang out with my sister, not unless they plan to do something trying to get back at me.” Alex added with anger in his voice.

     “I like Alice, Alex, I really do, but she’s got to learn to take care of herself.” Sarah pointed out as she stopped at the end of the lawn to her house. “You’ve got to stop trying to protect her at some time, and let her learn from her mistakes.” Sarah added as she gave Alex a quick kiss on the lips before running off up the path to her front door.

    Alex was shocked that Sarah had just kissed him. He stood looking at her back as she ran up to her front door, still feeling her hot lips on his. Alex wanted to say something, but nothing came to mind.

    Sarah got to her front door and then turned to face Alex again before speaking. “Be here at nine o’clock in the morning.” Then she giggled and let herself into the house.

    Alex stood starring at the house for a couple more seconds, and then he started walking towards his own house. He touched his lips as he walked home, still dazed that Sarah had kissed him. Once he got home he went up to his room to do his homework. Even though it was a Friday and he had all weekend to do it, he and Alice had always been taught to do their homework on a Friday night and leave the weekend free to do what they wanted.

    Alice was already home and sat at her desk doing her homework when Alex walked past her bedroom door. “Alex, can we talk?” Alice asked with some pleading in her voice.

     “Yes, most humans can, even some animals can as well.” Alex said sarcastically, as he stopped to see what she wanted.

     “You know what I mean bro.” Alice frowned. “Can we talk about what happened earlier in the week and how I reacted to it?” Alice asked.

     “Not much more to say about it sis. You were right, I have been making things worse for you, so I’m not going to keep trying to help you anymore.” Alex said as he went to turn and carry on down to his bedroom.

     “Does that mean we can’t hang out as sister’s either?” Alice asked.

     “I can’t see how we can Alice, and it looks like you have some new friends to hang out with anyway.” Alex said, trying to get some info on why Tiffany was showing a sudden interest in his sister.

     “Tiffany isn’t as bad as you think she is. She wasn’t happy about what Damon and Paul said about me, and she wants to make sure everyone knows to leave me alone.” Alice said in Tiffany’s defence.

     “My sister sticking up for Tiffany Bishop. There’s a first.” Alex said sarcastically. “Just watch your back sis; I think she’s up to something.” Alex added as he turned and walked down to his room without letting Alice say anymore.

    Alex put his backpack down on his desk and then sat on the chair there before putting his head in his hands and letting out a sigh. Alex knew he had to tell Alice that he was going out as Alexis tomorrow with Sarah, and that he would need Alexis’s underwear and breast forms, but he wasn’t sure how she’d react to finding out her twin sister was going shopping without her.

    Alice made her way down to start dinner once she’d finished her homework, she looked shocked to see Alex walk into the kitchen and start helping her. He’d not come down to help her since the trouble at the start of the week. They worked together, not saying much, but Alice looked happy to have her brother helping her again.

    Mum and Dad came home and they ate the meal in silence, then Alex was told to get the dishes done. His dad had no idea that Alex had helped sort dinner out.

    Alex got the dishes done and then he went back to his room, but stopped off at Alice’s room on the way when he saw her door open a bit. He knocked and then waited for her to ask him to enter.

     “Hi bro. Sorry about you getting stuck with the dishes.” Alice said.

     “Don’t worry about it sis.” Alex shrugged. “I need to ask you something sis.” Alex said not feeling too sure about doing this now he was stood in his sister’s room about to ask.

     “What is it Alex?” Alice asked looking worried for her brother.

     “I’ve made plans to let Alexis go to the mall with Sarah tomorrow, and I was wondering if I could get some of Alexis’s things?” Alex asked.

    Alice’s face suddenly looked hurt, and then it turned to anger as she got off her bed and walked over to where Alex was still leaning on the door frame. “I could get you in a lot of trouble with mum and dad if I let it slip about Alexis.” Alice said in an angry whisper through gritted teeth.

     “Wow, Tiffany would be proud. One day as her friend and you’re already trying to steal her crown as queen bitch.” Alex shot back at Alice. “Forget I even asked you then. I’ll work something out with Sarah tomorrow,” Alex added just before he turned and walked down to his room. He thought it was a low blow, and the look Alice gave him when he accused her of being worse that Tiffany left him feeling like crap, but he was still angry with his sister for saying she would tell their parents about Alexis.

*****

    Alex woke the next morning and took a shower so he could shave off whatever body hair he could find. When he was finished he returned to his room to find a note lying on top of a bag. He picked up the note and read it.

    Dear bro

    I’m sorry about last night. I’d never tell mum and dad anything about Alexis, I was just angry that you’ll be sharing her with Sarah and not me anymore. I hope you have a nice time with her today. I’ll be at the library all day, so don’t worry about seeing me while you’re out shopping.

    Alice

    Ps: Here are the things you asked for.

     Alex opened the bag and found all of Alexis’s things neatly packed inside and the breast forms sat in their box on top of them all. Alex smiled and hoped that he and Alice would one day become close again, but it would have to be done at Alice’s pace, he wasn’t going to rush any of it.

    Sarah must have been looking for Alex walking up the path to her house, because she opened the door when he was only half way up it.

     “Hi Alex.” Sarah said as she waved for him to hurry up and get in the house.

    Alex looked around like she was making him hurry for a reason, but he couldn’t see anything. Sarah pulled him the last couple of feet into the house and then she wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug.

     “Hi Sarah, is everything okay?” Alex asked in a puzzled tone.

     “It is now. I was worried you’d change your mind and not come.” Sarah said as she broke the hug and grabbed Alex’s arm and pulled him up the stairs to her bedroom.

    Sarah had some clothes laid out on the bed for Alex to wear once he was in his underwear. Sarah showed him to the bathroom she had as part of her bedroom so he could change. Alex stripped out of his male clothes and then slipped on the bra and panty set before slipping in the breast forms. He looked very nervous as he stepped out of Sarah’s bathroom and back into her bedroom. He’d tucked his male parts up and under so he had a smooth looking front, just like most girls his age.

     “You’ve got a better looking body than I have.” Sarah pouted, but she soon started grinning as she grabbed a lemon coloured skirt of the bed and handed it to Alex to put on.

    With shaky hands Alex stepped into the skirt and pulled it up around his waist, then he let Sarah help him put the white blouse on that had been laying on the bed next to the skirt.

     “Do I look okay for you Sarah?” Alex asked using his female Alice voice now he was dressed like a girl.

     “You look amazing, but we still need shoes, hair and makeup.” Sarah said as she thought about what to do next.

     “I also have shoes in my bag.” Alex, now Alexis said as she bent to pull the white sandals out the bag Alice had packed for him.

    Alexis sat and put the sandals on then she let Sarah style her hair to look like something Alice would do, then she added a little makeup to give Alex more of an Alice look as well.

     “All done, what do you think?” Sarah asked as she led Alexis over to a full length mirror stood in the corner of her bedroom.

    Alex found himself stood looking at Alice, or if Alice had been there with her, then it would have been Alexis stood there looking back at him.

     “Thank for helping me do this Sarah. Alexis smiled as she turned from side to side taking in how she looked from all angles.

     “You’re welcome Alexis.” Sarah said as she gave her a hug.

     “I’m Alice today remember?” Alexis pointed out as they stopped hugging and she looked Sarah in the eyes to make sure she understood.

     “I know Alice, so stop worrying and let’s go hit the mall.” Sarah said with a grin as she handed Alexis a little backpack style purse with all of Alex’s things in it.

    They were soon at the mall walking around and having a good time. They saw other kids from school and they all said “Hi Alice, hi Sarah.” But none of them started shouting it was Alex in a dress, so Alexis soon relaxed and just enjoyed spending time with Sarah and getting to know her a little better.

    Time got away from them, and it was soon time to return home so Alex could return. Sarah sat on her bed watching as Alexis went into the bathroom and five minutes later Alex came out. Sarah could still see Alexis in him, but looking more like a tomboy now instead. She knew that it was one of the reasons he was always getting in trouble at school.

     “Thanks for a great day.” Alex smiled as he sat on the bed next to Sarah and looked her in the eyes.

     “I should be thanking you for letting me spend the day with Alexis.” Sarah smiled back.

    As they spoke, their lips got closer and closer until they finally touched and they started kissing each other. It wasn’t the best kiss in the world, but they soon found what they both liked, and the kiss got better the longer it went on. They were both out of breath when they parted.

     “Does this mean we’re going steady? Alex asked with a grin.

     “I hope so.” Sarah grinned back at him. “You better get going before my mum gets home. Not that she’d think anything about you being here.” Sarah smiled as she got up off her bed and then pulled Alex to his feet.

     “Your mum doesn’t mind you having boys in your room?” Alex asked a little shocked at what he’d just heard.

     “Not sure, I’ve never had a boy in my room before.” Sarah said looking puzzled. “You still look a lot like Alice, and all my mum would see is a very tomboy looking girl in my room.” Sarah added with a smile.

    Alex felt a pang of pain when Sarah said that, but the smile she had on her face when she spoke made it pass pretty quick. Alex was starting to feel okay with not being a jock, or a taller kid like most the others. Being small and looking like a girl was starting to look like a fun thing to be.

    Sarah gave Alex another kiss before she opened the front door and let him leave. Alex felt like he was floating home, he was so happy to have a girlfriend like Sarah.

    Alice was in the kitchen sorting out dinner when Alex got home, so he walked over and gave her a hug to say sorry for what he said the night before.

     “Thanks for leaving my stuff out, and I’m sorry for what I said to you. I don’t think you’re anything like Tiffany.” Alex said as he hugged his sister.

     “I’m sorry for saying I’d tell mum and dad. I was just jealous that you and Sarah would be going out and having fun while I was back to being on my own.” Alice said sounding a little sad that she had missed spending time with her two best friends.

     “We both missed having you there with us, so the next time we go to the mall, I want you to come with us.” Alex smiled.

     “Do you really mean that?” Alice asked looking all excited now.

     “Yes I really mean it sis. I want to try and still be friends without me trying to protect you all the time.” Alex said as he sat down at the table, so he could talk to Alice while they kept an eye on dinner cooking.

     “I know I haven’t had time to say this to you since it all happened, but Thank you for sorting out and proving that Damon and Paul were lying about me.” Alice smiled. “How did you manage to sort it all out?” Alice asked.

     “The less you know the better.” Was all Alex said. “So you got any big plans to have slumber parties with your new friends?” Alex asked, still worried about Alice hanging out with Tiffany.

     “No.” Alice giggled. “I think she just feels bad about all the stuff Damon and Paul started. I don’t think she’ll let me hang around for long, but if I can get a couple of weeks out of it, I’ll be happy.” Alice added with a grin.

     “At least it will give you a couple of weeks hassle free. No one ever bothers friends of Tiffany’s.” Alex smiled back at his sister.

     “That’s the way I’m looking at it bro.”

*****

    Sunday was family day, mum and dad didn’t work on this day. They always spent the day doing stuff with Alice and Alex. Mum made a picnic and they drove out to a park to enjoy the sunshine. Alex was playing Frisbee with his dad while Alice sat with her mum on a blanket watching them.

     “I’m glad to see you and Alex talking again.” Mum said as she turned to look at Alice. “Want to tell me what the problem was?” Mum asked.

     “It was nothing mum, just forget it.” Alice said as she played with a button on the skirt she was wearing.

     “You do realised that boy would do anything to keep you safe right?” Mum asked.

     “I know he would mum, but sometimes I just wish he’d let me fix my own problems.” Alice sighed. “I feel bad seeing him in trouble all the time, most of it due to him doing some crazy thing trying to keep me out of trouble.” Alice added with a frown.

     “He’s just making up for not being one of the tallest kids in school. He’ll grow out of it one day.” Mum smiled at her own joke.

    Alice just groaned at the bad joke. “Don’t give up your day job mum.” Alice giggled.

    Not wanting to hear any more of her mum’s bad jokes, Alice got up and joined in the game with her dad and brother. Mum packed away what was left of the food and they headed home when it started to get late. Dad called in for ice cream on the way home which was always nice. Alex got on great with his dad when he wasn’t in trouble for something, which wasn’t very often most the time.

    Once they got home, Alex went up to his room and was lying on the bed flicking round the TV channels when he saw Alice stood at the door. “Do you mind if I join you bro?”

     “Not at all sis.” Alex said as he slid over so Alice could lie on the bed next to him. He found a comedy to watch, and they spent the rest of the night laughing at the TV. Both of them happy to be getting along again.

*****

    Alex and Alice got the bus to school on the Monday, but Alex ran off to track down Bill and Ted. He wanted to ask them to keep an eye on Alice, and also see if they could find out why Tiffany was her new best friend.

     “Hey dude!” Bill said when he saw Alex enter their secret room in the basement of the school.

     “Hey Bill, Ted.” Alex said as he saw the two of them working on their laptops.

    Ted just nodded back at Alex. He looked to be busy doing something he probably shouldn’t have been doing. “I’m telling you dude, there is another signal coming from the camera system, but I can’t track it down.” Ted said looking frustrated with himself.

     “I’m telling you dude, it’s just some bad wiring giving you weird feedback.” Bill said in a dismissive way. “What can we do for you on this fine Monday morning dude?” Bill asked Alex.

     “I need you to keep an eye on Alice for me.”

     “We always do dude.” Bill grinned back at Alex.

     “I know you do.” Alex chuckled. “But I have a feeling Tiffany is up to something. She’s suddenly become Alice’s best friend, and I don’t trust her.” Alex said with a raised eyebrow.

     “Tiffany has let Alice join her ranks?” Ted said looking shocked at the news. “Nothing good will come from that dude.” He added looking worried now.

     “My thoughts exactly.” Alex said. “I take it I can trust the two of you to watch out for her, while finding out what Tiffany has planned?” Alex asked, but already knowing the answer.

     “Already on it dude. We’ll text you when we find something out.” Bill said as he started tapping away on his laptop.

    Alex could see the two of them were both lost in solving the mystery of what Tiffany wanted Alice for, so he left and went to his homeroom.

    Nothing happened over the next couple of days. Alice was still being treated like part of the in crowd and Alex was spending all his free time at school with Sarah. Bill and Ted hadn’t heard of any plans to do with Alice. Just the normal jock stuff about getting even with Alex over what they all thought was his fault they lost three of their best players on the team.

    It was the Wednesday morning when Alex’s life started to fall apart on him. He was just walking between classes when he was suddenly in the middle of a crowd, the next thing he knew a Fire extinguisher was going off and he was left holding it as the hallway cleared and a teacher turned up.

     “I should have known it would be you causing all the trouble.” The teacher said as he led Alex off to see the principle.

    Alex tried to tell the teacher that he was just walking past when it all happened, but with his track record it was no use. Alex found himself being put on detention for the next week. He was sat under the tree where he always sat at lunchtime when Sarah found him.

     “Hi Alex. You don’t look very happy, is everything alright?” Sarah asked as she sat down next to him.

     “Not really, I got set up by some of the jocks earlier today.” Alex frowned.

     “Was that for the trouble with the extinguisher?” Sarah asked.

     “Yes. Someone set it off and then gave it to me as they ran off, so the teacher walked round the corner and saw me holding it.”

     “How bad is it?” Sarah asked.

     “I’ve got a week’s worth of detections to do now because of them.” Alex punched his fist down on his own leg as he said it. “I was doing so well at keeping out of trouble as well.” He added.

    What Alex didn’t know at the time was him being caught was all part of a bigger plan to get Alice in trouble for something that would get her kicked out of school and in trouble with the police.

    Alex was just checking to see if he’d had a text message from Bill and Ted on the Thursday lunch time as he walked out to his spot under the tree when a jock slapped his phone out his hand and then stamped on it, smashing it to pieces. Alex picked up what was left of his phone and just removed the Sim card before putting the rest of it in the bin.

     “Great, another new mobile I’ll have to get.” Alex thought to himself as he sat down. Not being to bothered by it, this sort of thing happened all the time to him.

     Sarah joined him for lunch and they talked about normal boring stuff all kids their age talked about, then they went to their afternoon classes. Alex went to do his detention at the end of his last period for the day. He hadn’t been in there long before he heard the principal’s voice over the PA system asking him to report to his office.

     “You better go and see what he wants Alex.” The teacher said as she waved him from the room.

    Alex got up and left the room to find Sarah waiting out in the hallway looking worried. “What’s wrong Sarah? Has something happened to Alice?” Alex asked as she started dragging him down the hall towards the door to the basement.

     “I was just about to leave the school and go home when my mobile started ringing.” Sarah said looking worried still. “Some boy calling himself Bill said he was trying to track you down, but your phone was turned off. I told them about it being broken at lunchtime and he said that Alice was in big trouble and we needed to find you right away.” Sarah added.

     “I’ve already been called to the principal’s office for something; do you think it’s to do with Alice?” Alex asked.

     “No, that was this Bill again. He said he’d get you out of that room if I could wait for you and take you to their secret room. He said you’d know the way once we got to the basement.” Sarah said with a shrug.

    Now Alex had the full story of why Sarah was waiting for him, he started running as he led Sarah down into the basement and then into Bill and Ted’s secret room.

     “Talk to me Bill, what the hell is going on?” Alex asked as he burst into the room.

     “I’m not sure on all the details Alex, but we did hear that they plan to set Alice up tonight after school. They say it will be caught on tape and then they are planning to have her get caught by the police.” Bill said.

     “Right, so we need to have Alice on video someplace else, and hope that one video will disprove the other.” Alex said, thinking out loud.

     “You’ll need a witness to make the other video look false dude.” Ted said as he looked on the monitors he was hooked into around the school.

    Alex knew what he needed to do, but that would mean letting Bill and Ted find out about Alexis. He took a deep breath and then looked at Sarah with a pleading look. “Sarah, I’m going to need your help with something.”

    Sara realised what Alex was about to say because she tried to talk him out of it. “Alex, no! You can’t do this, everyone will find out about your secret.” Sarah pleaded with him to find another way to help his sister out.

     “I’m already a screw up Sarah; I won’t let Alice end up being kicked out of school for something she didn’t do.” Alex said as he turned to face Bill and Ted, ready to tell them about Alexis.

     “Dude, we already know that you dress up to look like your sister. Ted saw the two of you out shopping some time back, and we also saw you the other week when you were giving Damon and Paul that homework.” Bill said.

    Alex looked at Bill and then Ted waiting for them to say something about it, but they just shrugged and carried on forming a plan to get Alice out of trouble.

     “I think the library would be the best place to do it. Make sure you get seen on the monitors and also go and speak to the librarian as well.” Ted said.

     “You should take Sarah with you to add to the alibi.” Bill offered.

     “Sarah won’t be able to dude, Alex will need her uniform to look like Alice.” Ted pointed out.

     “I’ve got a uniform in my locker still from the other week. I’ve never taken it home again yet.” Alex said with a grin as he ran from the room to go and grab the uniform from his locker and then return so he could make himself look like Alice.

    Alex was soon back in the room with Bill, Ted and Sarah. He stripped out of his clothes and had to borrow Sarah’s bra as he didn’t have one as part of the uniform and he needed to have breast to pull it off. The bra was warm and felt nice to wear, but he didn’t have time to think about it too much at the minute. Sarah had a little bit of make up in her bag, and Alex had the bag that Alice had used the other week, so she did what she could to make him look more like Alice. Once they had him looking as good as he would, Alexis and Sarah left the room and headed straight for the library and there big show.

    Sarah had tried calling Alice on her mobile, but it was turned off and going to voice mail. Sarah left her a message warning her to not trust Tiffany or any of her friends, but they had a pretty good idea that they had done something to Alice’s phone.

    Alex, now dressed as Alice and Sarah walked into the library and made sure to be seen on the camera, then they walked over to the librarian and asked for a couple of books he knew Alice would sometimes ask to look at. They spent a long time talking and making sure they would be remembered before they sat down where the camera could still see them. They both jumped when Sarah’s phone started ringing really loud. The librarian frowned at them as she watched Sarah fumble with it before getting up and leaving to answer it with Alice following close behind.

     “Thank god it’s Alice.” Sarah said as she answered the call. “Alice, are you okay? Tiffany is trying to set you up for something, don’t trust her.” Sarah said before she let Alice say anything. Sarah suddenly got a look of horror on her face as she passed the phone to Alex.

     “Alice, it’s me Alexis, what’s wrong?” Alex asked into the phone. Hoping that Alice would understand he was dressed as her sister at the minute.

     “I’m scared Alex. That bitch Tiffany got me to steal a car and then Matt got behind the wheel and ran Damon down. I’m going to prison.” Alice sobbed on the other end of the phone.

     “Are you with the police now Alice?” Alex asked trying to keep calm.

     “No, I ran away from them, but they have me on film taking the car, and the car is now at the scene of the accident.” Alice said between more sobs

     “Where are you now?” Alex asked, happy to know that the police still didn’t have his sister.

    I’m just walking back to school; I was hoping to catch you before you went home. I didn’t know what else to do.” Alice sounded scared to death as she spoke.

    I’m sending Sarah to meet you, do whatever she tells you, and you were with her from the point class ended, do you understand me sis?” Alex asked.

     “Yes, but what difference will that make?” Alice asked, not understanding why lying would help at this point.

     “Trust me sis, and no matter what happens later, just know I love you.” Alex said before ending the call and giving Sarah her phone back.

     “Alex, you can’t do this, you will end up going to prison for something neither of you have done.” Sarah said, hoping to talk some sense into him, but it wasn’t going to do her any good, she could already see that.

     “I’m out of idea’s Sarah, and I won’t see my sister have her life taken away from her because of someone like Tiffany, or Matt. Alice is heading back here now, so go and meet her, then explain what we’ve done and tell her to stick to that story, no matter what happens.” Alex said just before he ran off to have a word with Bill and Ted.

    Sarah grabbed him and then gave him a kiss before letting him go. Alex gave her a grin before he was gone. She ran off to find Alice and fill her in on what they had done.

    Alex already knew that he was going to take the fall for the thing they had set Alice up for, so he went and said goodbye to Bill and Ted. “I just want to say thanks for all the help you’ve given me over the past couple of years, and it was fun.” Alex smiled.

     “We’re going to keep looking for the proof that will clear your name dude.” Bill said as he held up a fist for Alex to punch.

     “You do that man, but I have a feeling this was a well planned out revenge for Matt getting expelled, so I doubt there will ever be any real proof to find.” Alex sighed. “All I can do now is save my sister one last time.” Alex added just before leaving the room and making his way home to face the music.

    Sarah had found Alice hiding in some bushes and they had walked back to Alice’s house while Sarah told her what Alex had done and what he was planning to do. Alice didn’t want Alex to do that, but Sarah explained why he was doing it, and the fact that he loved her that much, and not to do anything about it.

    There were a couple of police cruisers parked outside the house when they walked around the corner, but they kept walking like nothing was wrong. Alice saw her mum and dad stood on the porch just outside the front door arguing with one of the officers, when they saw them walking up the road.

     “Alice, where the hell have you been?” Her mum asked looking very angry as she stormed down the path and grabbed Alice’s arm.

     “I’ve been at the library with Sarah. Why what’s happened? Is Alex alright?” Alice asked with mock horror in her voice.

     “The police are saying that you stole a car and then you ran one of the boys down that started some rumour about you last week.” Alice’s mum told her.

     “Alice has been in the library with me since we finished class Mrs Farrey. You can check with the school, we even spoke to the librarian about a couple of books.” Sarah said as she looked at the two officers now stood each side of them.

     “You’re accusing the wrong daughter, came a voice that sounded just like Alice from behind them all. They all turned to see Alex still dressed like Alice stood at the end of the path.

     “Alex?! What the hell have you done now? And why are you dressed like that?” His dad shouted as he ran down the path and slapped Alex across the face, sending him to the ground in a heap.

    One of the officers pulled Alex’s dad back and held him, while the other one pulled Alex to his feet and put a set of cuffs on his hands after pulling them behind his back. Alex was too dazed to fight them, not that he would.

     “You always asked why I couldn’t be more like Alice.” Alex laughed, but it didn’t sound very funny. “Well here I am daddy.” Alex said using his copy of Alice’s voice again.

     “You’re no son of mine” His dad said as he turned and walked back towards the house. “Take him away, I don’t ever want to see him again!” he added just before reaching the house and turning to look at Alice and her mum. “You two get in here now, we’ll have nothing more to do with him.”

    Alice wanted to argue, but her mum just grabbed her arm and pulled her into the house, leaving Sarah stood on the lawn between the house and the two officers putting Alex in the back of their cruiser.

    Alex’s dad was true to his word. Alice his mum or his dad never saw him again after that night. Sarah went to see him when she could, but even her mum didn’t want Sarah being seen visiting the weird kid that lost his mind and tried to kill someone in a stolen car, while dressed like his sister.

    The trial was all over the papers, what trial there was. Alex pleaded guilty and was sentenced as an adult, due to the nature of the crime. He knew he wouldn’t last long in prison, but he fought to stop anyone making him their bitch. That was until he found himself cornered with a shank to his throat. That’s when Alex called it a day and punched the man who was holding the homemade knife and felt it go into his gut. Alex smiled as he felt the life slipping away from him as he bled to death on the shower room floor.

 

Alice

    Alice had stopped talking to her mum and dad since they had moved across the other side of the country to get away from the shame they thought Alex had brought down on them all. Alice wasn’t allowed to even mention her brother’s name in the house. She’d tried a number of times to get away from home so she could visit Alex in prison, but her mum and dad had put a stop to that right away. She was still keeping her grades up, but she didn’t have any friends, or did she ever try to make any friends.

    She played what had happened over and over in her mind, trying to think of some way to clear her brother’s name. Alice had gone to watch Tiffany and the other girls having a practice in the gym, ready for the big game at the weekend. When Tiffany remembered she had to go and pick up her mums car, or the garage would be closed when she finished practice, but she also needed the practice as well.

     “I can go and get the car for you Tiffany.” Alice had foolishly said, falling for Tiffany’s trap.

    Tiffany had given one of the teachers a lift back from the garage the day before, and the teacher had said how good the place was because they had video cameras covering the whole area, so no one tried to steal the cars while they were in there being repaired. This had given Tiffany the chance she needed to get Alice in trouble with the police, and get some revenge for her boyfriend being expelled from school.

    Alice had gone and got the car using the spare set of keys one of Tiffany’s friends had taken out the teacher’s purse while another friend distracted her. Then Alice drove back to school and waited for Tiffany to finish cheerleading practice.

    Tiffany had limped out of practice and got in the passenger side of the car, asking Alice if she would drive her home, as she couldn’t drive with a sprained ankle. Tiffany gave directions to her house, but Alice started to realise something was wrong when she remembered Tiffany lived in another part of town to where they were heading.

     “Pull up just here Alice.” Tiffany said as she pointed at a house just up on the right.

    Alice stopped the car, and then she looked worried as she saw Matt step out of the shadows and force Alice out of the driver’s seat so he could drive.

     “I can’t believe the stupid little bitch fell for it.” Matt chuckled as he put the car in gear and then sped off down the road. “Now to get some payback on Damon and Paul.” Matt added with an evil sounding laugh.

    Matt must have told Damon and Paul to meet him because he knew just where they’d be. He flashed the headlights as he drove towards them, and they both crossed the road to see what he wanted, but just as they were crossing the road, Matt put his foot down and drove straight for them both.

    Alice screamed as she realised what Matt was doing, but there was nothing she could do to stop him because Tiffany was holding her tight into the seat. Alice watched in slow motion as the car slammed right into Damon, throwing him up into the windshield and then up over the rest of the car. Paul wasn’t hit due to Damon pushing him out the way when he saw that the car wasn’t stopping.

    Neither Paul nor Damon saw who was driving the car, but the video of Alice taking the car was enough to get a conviction. The plan was for Tiffany to wait and say that Alice had just gone mad and said she was going to kill Damon and Paul, but Tiffany lost her bottle and ran away after telling Alice that she’d been caught on tape stealing a teacher’s car from a garage. Their plan fell apart though when Alex took the rap for stealing the car and then trying to kill Paul and Damon.

    Tiffany, Matt or any of their friends that were in on the plan couldn’t say anything without dropping themselves right in it, so they just let Alex take the blame. Alex was the one they really wanted to get at anyway, so it was a win win so they thought.

    Alice wasn’t sure how long it would take, but she would clear her brother’s name, and also take out some revenge on Tiffany and Matt for what they did.

*****

    It was just before dinner on a Tuesday night while Alice was doing her homework when the phone rang, she picked it up. “Hello, Alice speaking.”

     “Hi Alice, its Sarah, Sarah Briton.” A voice said on the other end of the phone.

     “I Sarah, how’s Alex doing?” Alice asked, almost choking out her brother’s name, even though she was the only one in the house at the minute.

    The family had not really survived the fall out of what they thought Alex had done. Her mum and dad argued all the time, and worked most the time. Dad liked to drink when he got home, and mum just went to their bedroom where she would cry herself to sleep.

     “He’s dead Alice. He was stabbed by another inmate. They think he was trying to stop them doing things to him.” Sarah said in a bitter tone.

    Sarah and Alice weren’t friends anymore. Sarah couldn’t understand how she could have just let her parents take her away, or why she’d never wrote a letter or tried to come back and visit. Deep down Sarah blamed Alice for everything that happened that night, and she couldn’t understand why Alex felt the need to throw his life away to protect his sister.

    Alice lost it and was still screaming when her mum and dad got home later that night. Alice left home the next day and found herself a little place to stay while she tried to get the money together to go to college.

    Just as she thought her life had hit rock bottom, she found a new friend that helped her get back on her feet. Alice found a job and then she had enough money to go to College. She had moved in with this friend and when ever Alice hit a problem, her friend would always come up with an answer to fix it.

    Once Alice had finished college she was offered a job working for the government in a top secret project called: Project Guardian Angel. Alice’s job was going into companies under cover and collecting information. Her code name was Angel, but she didn’t know the person they called Guardian. Alice had only ever seen the masked woman when she found herself in a tight spot.

    Whoever she was, Alice knew she could take care of herself when she needed to. Alice had seen her take down eight bodyguards and then she drove Alice to safety.

 

Present Day

    The woman that Sarah had called Alice was snapped out of her daydreaming as she thought about the past and looked at the name on the headstone again. She was snapped back to the present day when she heard her mobile start ringing. She looked at the number and let out a sigh. “What do they want me for now?” She said to herself.

    Hitting the answer call button, she spoke into the phone. “Alexis speaking, what’s the problem?”

     “Alice has just arrived in town, so I’d make a quick escape if I was you.” A female voice said on the other end of the line.

 

To Be Continued Tomorrow  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
212 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

WOW!!!!

holy cow didnt see that coming. had an idea what happened but that!!!!. my jaw hit the floor. way to go sara. i love your work and cant wait for the next one.

Project Guardian: Book 1, Chapter 3.

Enjoying your most excellent story.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Good story, wish it had

Good story, wish it had ended better, not sure I like Alex/Alexis being seperated from Alice and having Alice think her sibling is dead.

Bit of a cruel twist of fate them working together but Alice not really being in the know, I'm saddened Alex's parents were so quick to drop their child, the father I could see but the mother too especially with her knowing of Alex's habit of protecting Alice.

Maybe book 2 will allow Alice and Alexis to be reunited, I hope so anyway.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

12 more chapters to go yet Lizzie

Hug's Lizzie
You may want to finish book one before you start wanting book two *giggle*
Glad you like it, but the fun is only just beginning.

Hugs and Love

SaraUK

HOTTING UP

Great chapter Sarah ,things are hotting up :)

ROO Roo1.jpg

ROO

There's another 12 chapters to go

so anything could happen. This is so unlike 'YHIAW'; not complaining, just observing.

Another addicted fan.

Susie

okay, I'm a little confused.

alex died in jail (unless that was faked) Yet it was "Alexis" talking to Sarah, and Alice just arrived? Color me lost ...

Dorothycolleen, member of Bailey's Angels

DogSig.png

Not exactly,

"alex died in jail (unless that was faked) Yet it was "Alexis" talking to Sarah, and Alice just arrived? Color me lost ..."

We see things from Alex's perspective as he feels himself bleeding to death, then we have Sarah telling Alice Alex is dead. Theres a lot of wiggle room there for plot to emerge.

Sounds like Alex

... or is that Alexis was experimented upon somewhere along the line. Just saying :).

Kim