You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 24

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Three

By SaraUK

 

Part 24

Chapter 61

    Jayden sat on the edge of the bed and watched as Callum slowly returned after she’d spent the night making love to Kara. She loved both sides to Callum just as much, but she was kind of sad to see Kara disappear again. She was soon smiling though when Callum walked over and pulled her up off the bed as he wrapped his arms around her and then leaned down to kiss her on the lips. Jayden found it very different hugging Callum to hugging Kara. She could get closer to Callum due to him not having a large set of breasts blocking her, and he seemed more willing to protect her when not dressed as Kara.

     “I love you.” Jayden sighed as she let Callum hug her.

     “As I love you.” Callum whispered in her ear.

     “We better get down stairs and see what we can do to help with the barbecue.” Jayden said looking at the time. She already knew that the others would be busy getting stuff sorted out.

    Callum grabbed Jayden’s hand and led the way out of her room and down the hallway and then down the stairs. Nearly everybody was sat around the table when they got to the kitchen, so Callum and Jayden didn’t feel too bad for not being down sooner. They said good morning to everyone, and they all said good morning back as Chrissy stood up to pour the two of them a cup of tea.

     “Thanks Chrissy.” Jayden smiled as she took the cup off Chrissy that she offered her.

     “You’re welcome sis.” Chrissy smiled as she then passed Callum a cup.

     “MMM, thanks Chrissy.” Callum smiled as he took his cup off her.

     “Do either of you want a slice of toast before we get started with the food for the barbecue?” Chrissy asked.

     “I think we better have something, or we’ll never last until later if we have to smell all the food cooking.” Jayden said as she felt a pain in her tummy from lack of food and too much exercise last night with Kara.

    Chrissy smiled as she heard a noise to go with the pain Jayden had just felt, then she walked over and set to work making the two of them some toast. Once Chrissy had the toast done, she took the plate with it on back over to the table so Jayden could butter and put some jam on it for the two of them.

    Amy, Amber and Becky all got up to join Chrissy as they set to work sorting out pasta salads and rice dishes to go with the barbecue. Carl and Brad went out back to start setting up the tables and chairs while the bouncy castle filled up with air. Callum joined them once he’d finished his toast, while Jayden joined Chrissy and the others sorting out stuff in the kitchen.

    Ann and Mandy were helping the guys out in the garden as neither of them was safe to be let loose in the kitchen. Jayden didn’t think she was much better, but she was soon helping out where she could, and Chrissy, Amy, Amber and Becky all took their time to help show her how to do different things as they watched over her.

     “I hope you and Amy don’t take this the wrong way Chrissy, but I think the two of you were born to be girls.” Jayden said with a grin as she watched the two of them dash around the kitchen sorting out different dishes here and there. “You’re both more like girl’s than I am.” Jayden added with a pout.

    Chrissy and Amy both stopped what they were doing and ran over to give Jayden a hug for saying something so nice to them both.

     “Thank you Jayden, that’s the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to us.” Amy said as she hugged Jayden from one side while Chrissy did the same from the other.

     “We’ll soon have you cooking like a pro sis, then you can impress Callum with your new found cooking skills.” Chrissy said with a grin when they broke the hug so they could get back to work.

    Jayden was grinning as well, as she started watching what the girls were doing again, hoping that she’d be able to remember some of it.

    Once they had all the food ready, so the only thing left to do was cook the meat on the barbecue, all the girls ran off up stairs to get ready for when the guests started showing up. Carl, Brad and Callum were already wearing what they would be wearing for the barbecue, so they all sat out in the garden while Carl got the barbecue warmed up ready to start cooking the meat.

    Chrissy and Becky were the first two back down stairs, so they walked out into the garden and sat down at the same table as Brad and the other two.

     “Are you all set to ask Ann the big question later?” Chrissy asked as she looked at Brad sat across the table from her.

     “I’m not sure ready is the word I’d use, but I‘ll be asking her the question anyway.” Brad said looking worried again about the answer Ann would give him.

     “Do you have the ring on you?” Becky asked.

     “No, I left it in the glove box of my truck. I didn’t want to risk Ann finding it in my pocked before I asked her the question.” Brad kept his voice down and he was looking at the door to the house, to make sure Ann wasn’t going to overhear anything.

    They changed the topic when they heard Amy start giggling as she ran out the house with Amber running after her. Amy and Amber both had noting on their feet as they ran over and dived onto the bouncy castle.

    Ann, Mandy and Jayden all walked out the house and giggled as they saw Amy and Amber bouncing up and down.

     “I hope Cathleen and Kat get a look in on that thing.” Mandy said as she walked over and sat down on Carl’s knee before taking hold of his head and then kissing him.

    Jayden walked over to Callum and did the same thing, while Ann walked over and cuddled up to Brad while he kept an eye on the first lot of meat on the barbecue. Brad had swapped places with Carl to keep busy.

    Mandy had opened the side gate so everyone knew to come straight around to the back of the house when they arrived. It wasn’t long before people started turning up. Faith, Hope and Kat were the first to turn up, then Jenna, Vic and Cathleen arrived with Holly and Greg. David was walking into the garden just behind them with Mable and Kim at his side.

    Chrissy got up and helped Cathleen and Kat take their shoes off before helping them both get up on to the bouncy castle. Chrissy slipped her shoes off and was soon jumping around with the others as well.

    Becky would have liked to go on herself, but wouldn’t risk it in her condition. She was happy to see Chrissy, Amy and Amber having fun bouncing around with Cathleen and Kat though. Becky was finding it hard to work out who was giggling the most, Cathleen and Kat, or Chrissy, Amy and Amber. Becky was soon turning to look at Holly when she heard her speaking to her.

     “Hello Becky. How’s Chrissy doing?” Holly asked looking worried. “Vic was just telling us about the trouble at the club the other night, and how the police turned up last night looking to arrest her for it.” Holly said in a rush as she took the empty seat next to Becky.

     “Chrissy’s fine mum, see for yourself.” Becky smiled as she pointed over to where Chrissy was bouncing around with Kat on the bouncy castle.

     “Are you sure she’s not just putting on a brave face for everyone?” Holly asked, knowing how Chrissy would sometimes pretend to say everything is okay when really she was worried about it.

     “I’m sure mum. I’ve learnt to tell when she’s trying to lie to me, and she’s really fine with it all.” Becky smiled as she took hold of Holly’s hand to calm her down. “Your little girl is finally growing up mum.” Becky added with a grin.

     “I know I worry about her more than I should Becky, but she’s always seemed so close to breaking if the wrong thing was said to her.” Holly said with a sigh as she finally calmed down having seen Chrissy was doing just fine as she played with the others on the bouncy castle.

     “Chrissy was telling me just last night that she’ll be fighting for me from now on, not running away.” Becky beamed as she said it. Becky felt better every time she said it to others. As much as she loved the old Chrissy and she didn’t want her to ever change, Chrissy’s need to run away from her problems was one thing she would never miss.

    Prue and Frank were the next to turn up with Sara and Cathy walking in next to them. Sara slipped her shoes off and was soon on the bouncy castle with Chrissy and the others. Cathy just walked over and took a seat on the other side of Becky to where Holly was still sat watching the girls entertain the two kids.

     “You not going on the bouncy castle Cathy?” Becky asked with a smile.

     “Nope, not me.” Cathy said in a firm voice as she shook her head from side to side. “Them things make me feel sick, always have.” Cathy added looking a little ill just thinking about it.

    Becky just giggled as she watched Cathy get control of her feelings again. “I used to love going on them, but I’m not going to risk it at the minute.” Becky put a hand on her belly as she spoke.

     “I don’t blame you for that Becky, not that I think for one minute Chrissy would let you on there even if you did.” Cathy giggled.

    Rachel and Sam arrived looking around, amazed at the size of the back garden Mandy’s house had. Amy saw them enter the garden, so she slid of the bouncy castle and ran over to great them.

     “Hi Rachel, Sam.” Amy said as she gave each of them a hug. “I’m glad you could make it. Come on the bouncy castle with us?” Amy asked, but she was already pulling them towards the bouncy castle, not giving them a choice in it really.

    Carl and Mandy walked over to greet Jo and Dan when they arrived. “Hello Jo, Dan.” Mandy smiled as she gave each of them a hug. “I’m glad you decided to come.” Mandy added as she led them over to the tables, so she could introduce them to everyone they hadn’t met yet.

    Ann had gone to sit with Becky and Cathy while they watched Chrissy and the others playing on the bouncy castle.

    Carl left Mandy to show Jo and Dan around while he went to see if Brad and Vic needed any hep with the barbecue. “Do you need any help?” Carl asked.

     “I think we’re fine at the minute boss.” Brad said, using the same name he used with Becky.

     “When do you plan on doing you know what Brad?” Carl asked in a whisper when he was stood right next to Brad, so Ann wouldn’t over hear him talking. Not that she would with the noise coming from the girls on the bouncy castle.

     “I’m going to wait until we’ve all had something to eat.” Brad said, also in a whisper.

    Once the first pieces of meat were ready to come off the barbecue, Chrissy, Amy and Amber got off the bouncy castle and set to work bringing all the other food out to the large serving table, so everyone could walk along the line getting what they wanted before returning to the other tables to sit down and eat.

    Carl. Brad, Vic. David and Frank took it in turns keeping an eye on the barbecue while the others sat to eat with the one they loved.

    Chrissy was glad that her mum and dad had sat at the same table as Becky, so she could chat with them while she shared a plate of food with Becky.

     “Hi mum, dad. Sorry for not greeting you sooner, but as you can see, I was busy keeping the kids entertained.” Chrissy said with a grin.

     “Don’t worry about it dear. Your father and I could see how busy you were.” Holly smiled.

     “You’re looking well today dad. I hope you’re having a good time?” Chrissy asked as she smiled at her dad while he sat eating.

     “I’m feeling quite well today Chrissy and I’m having a lovely time.” Greg said as he held up a lump of steak before putting it in his mouth and grinning as he started chewing on it. “You sure know how to lay out a good spread.” He added around a mouth full of food.

     “Greg! Don’t speak with your mouth full.” Holly said in an angry whisper.

    Chrissy and Becky just giggled as they watched the two of them playing around while they ate. Holly was telling him not to put such large pieces of meat in his mouth, and to chew it more times before swallowing. They thought it was like watching Holly try to feed a small child.

    Amy and Amber had to drag Cathleen and Kat off the bouncy castle, and then help them both sit down long enough to eat some food. It wasn’t long after they both finished eating, that they were back on the bouncy castle playing around again. Everyone thought they would make themselves sick, but they bounced around giggling and having a good time, but never once felt ill.

    Everyone had plenty to eat, and they stopped cooking anymore meat on the barbecue and left it to cool down before sorting it out.

    Brad was sat with Ann at one of the tables when he said he needed to use the restroom, so he got up and went into the house. Most of the others knew what he was really doing, but they all acted like nothing was going on.

    Ann was just getting her and Brad another drink when she saw him walking back out the house looking a little worried about something.

     “Is everything okay Brad?” Ann asked as she handed him a glass of juice.

    Brad took the drink off her and then put it back down on the table, and did the same with her drink. “I hope so Ann, but I have something to ask you.” Brad said as he looked down at Ann.

    Ann had noticed everyone had stopped talking, and they were now looking at the two of them. “Okay Brad. What do you want to ask me?” Ann sounded worried now.

    Brad pulled his hand out his pocked as he dropped down on one knee and looked up at Ann with hope in his eyes. “Ann Mayfield, I’ve loved you with all my heart from the first moment I saw you, and that love has only grown with each day since. I’m hoping that you will make me the happiest man in the world and become my wife.” Brad opened his hand and then opened the ring box and held it up for Ann to see. “Ann, will you please marry me?” Brad asked.

    Ann looked at the ring in Brad’s hand, and then she looked at Brad, then at the ring again. She thought she was dreaming it all. It took her a little time to realise that Brad was still kneeling in front of her waiting for an answer.

     “Yes, yes, yes!” Ann screamed as she threw herself at Brad with enough force he fell over backwards as he wrapped his arms around her.

    Brad still had the ring box gripped in his hand when they fell to the ground, and Ann started planting kisses on him. When Ann finally came up for air, Brad spoke again. “Do you mind if we stop long enough for me to put the ring on your finger?” Brad asked with a grin.

    Ann just nodded as her eyes filled up with happy tears. She slid off Brad and sat on the grass next to him as she watched Brad slip the ring out the box and then slip it onto her finger. Ann just looked down at her hand as she wiggled her finger around, looking at the ring from all angles and loving the way it looked. Ann was so lost in the diamond in the ring that she jumped when she heard a loud popping sound. She looked up to see Carl with an open bottle of Champaign in his hand over near the food table. Mandy was just putting a couple more bottles down on the table next to him.

     “You were all in on this?” Ann asked looking shocked that they had managed to keep it from her until now.

     “Most of us knew about it sis.” Amy said as she ran over and dropped to her knees to give her sister a hug. “Congratulations sis. He’s one in a million.” Amy added with tears in her eyes as she threw her arms around Ann and hugged the stuffing out of her.

     “Thanks baby sister, but I can’t believe you kept this a secret.” Ann said, sounding shocked that Amy had not let it slip, as she looked at the ring again like she was still dreaming it all.

     “It wasn’t easy sis.” Amy giggled. “Amber and the others had to jump in a couple of times, and Brad kept you away from home a lot as well.” Amy added with more giggles.

     “I thought you were acting a little odder than normal, but didn’t think much of it.” Ann said as she thought about it a little more.

     “Brad came and asked me for your hand in marriage and everything.” Amy told her. “He even let me go with him and Becky to pick the ring.” Amy added as she lifted her sister’s hand to take a better look at it now it was on her finger.

     “So I have your full approval to marry him then baby sister?” Ann asked.

     “Like I just said sis. He’s one in a million, and I’ll be glad to call him my brother.” Amy said as she jumped in to Brad’s open arms when he held them open for her to get a hug.

    Ann was soon on her feet again and walking around the group showing them the ring and getting hugs from everyone. Brad was at her side looking like the happiest man in the world, just like he said Ann made him feel.

     “I hope you liked the way I asked you Ann? I spoke with Becky and Chrissy about it, and they said this would suit you much more than me taking you out to dinner and asking you while we were alone.” Brad said as they finally got a couple of minutes to be alone again.

     “It was perfect Brad. Having all my family there to see it happen, it couldn’t have been any more perfect than that.” Ann grinned as she kept looking at her hand sporting the diamond ring. “Mrs Ann Crawley, I like the sound of that.” Ann added with an even bigger grin.

     “So do I, but we still have a lot of work to do before you can start signing your name that way.” Brad pointed out as he pulled her onto his knee and wrapped his arms around her.

    Ann knew that only too well, but she was already beginning to form a plan of what she was looking for and who she wanted to do what. One of the first things she’d need to do is have a word with Amber, She wanted to ask if she’d mind her asking Amy to be her maid of honour.

    Amber was just heading into the house a little later, so Ann took her chance to go and ask her if she’d be upset with her if she asked Amy instead of her about being the maid of honour.

     “Amber, can I have a quick word with you before you go back outside?” Ann asked as Amber walked back into the kitchen on her way back out into the garden.

     “Sure Annie, is anything wrong?” Amber asked as she saw the worried look on her friends face.

     “I’m hoping not, but I do have to ask you something.” Ann said sounding worried now.

     “Fire away.” Amber said sitting down at the kitchen table waiting for Ann to ask her question.

     “I was wondering if you’d mind me asking Amy to be my maid of honour instead of you? I just know it would make her day if she could.” Ann asked looking even more worried as to how Amber would react to her question.

     “I was hoping you’d ask Amy to do it Annie.” Amber said with a tear in her eye. “After all, if it wasn’t for her neither of us would be as happy as we are now.” Amber added as she wrapped her arms around Ann and hugged her as they both let tears run down their cheeks. “I’m happy to be a plain old bridesmaid instead.” Amber added with a giggle.

     “Good! Now I just need to ask Chrissy, Becky, Mandy, Cathy, Sara and Jayden if they will be bridesmaids as well.” Ann giggled.

     “I can’t see any of them saying no, well Becky might turn you down if the wedding is going to be while she’s pregnant.” Amber pointed out.

     “I’m not in any great rush, so I can wait until Becky is back to looking her normal size again.” Ann said.

     “Do you want to go and ask Amy that question then Annie?” Amber asked as she stood up and helped Ann to get up from the table.

    Ann nodded with a smile as they walked back out into the garden and looked around to see where Amy was. It didn’t take much guess work; she was bouncing around on the castle with Chrissy, Sara, Jo, Cathleen and Kat. They walked over and shouted to Amy.

     “Amy! Amy! Can I have a quick word with you?” Ann shouted.

    Amy nodded and then bounced her way over to the edge of the castle and then slid off it before stepping over to join Amber and Ann.

     “Hey sis, what do you need me for?” Amy asked as she tried to get her breath back.

     “I have a really big favour to ask you baby sister.” Ann said as she took hold of Amy’s hands in hers. “I want you to be my maid of honour at my wedding.” Ann said with a smile as she saw the shocked look come across her baby sister’s face.

     “Me? But why? I thought Amber would be your maid of honour?” Amy asked looking puzzled by the request.

     “I spoke with Amber and she’s happy to let you have the job, as am I.” Ann smiled. “Amber and I wouldn’t be so happy now if it wasn’t for you baby sister.” Ann added as she pulled Amy into a hug.

     “Are you both sure you want me to do this? Amber is your best friend sis.” Amy said as she looked at them both one at a time.

     “Yes baby, I want you to have the memory of being a maid of honour.” Amber said as she ran a hand down the side of Amy’s cheek. “And after seeing all the trouble Chrissy had getting Cathy and Sara to the restroom, you’re welcome to it.” Amber added with a giggle.

     “That doesn’t bother me one bit.” Amy said grinning. “I’m going to be a maid of honour.” Amy added as she started jumping up and down while she clapped her hands together.

    Ann and Amber giggled as Amy kissed them both before she ran off to go and tell Chrissy her good news.

     “Are you sure about this Amber?” Ann asked as she saw Amy jump onto the bouncy castle and then jump at Chrissy pushing her down to the floor of the castle as she told Chrissy her good news.

     “How could I not be when you see Amy looking that happy Annie?” Amber asked as she saw Chrissy start hugging Amy after hearing the good news. “You know I’ll do all I can to make sure Amy has as many girlie moments as I can give her.” Amber added as she wrapped an arm around Ann’s waist and rested her head on Ann’s shoulder.

     “Thanks Amber for looking after my baby sister so well.” Ann said with a sigh as she thought about how happy Amber made Amy.

     “I’m with you Annie. I owe Amy more than I could ever repay her for everything I have now. A beautiful wife, dream job, and a large loving family. What more could I ask for?” Amber smiled.

     “I think if you asked her about it, she would just say she got her payment when she got you.” Ann said with a grin.

    Amber went to join Amy and Chrissy on the bouncy castle, while Ann went back to where Brad was sat with Carl, Mandy, Frank and Prue.

     “I told you she’d say yes, didn’t I kid?” Frank said as he watched Ann sit down on Brad’s knee and cuddle up to him as she looked at her ring again.

     “You thought I might say no to you?” Ann asked looking shocked that he could think such a thing.

     “I was just nervous about asking you. I’d got no idea if you were ready to settle down or not.” Brad said, feeling silly now forever doubting himself.

     “I hope I didn’t disappoint you then baby?” Ann purred as she started kissing him while she rubbed her hand across his chest. Brad was grinning when they stopped kissing, so Ann took that as a yes.

     “Amy looks happy Ann, what have you said to her?” Mandy asked as she looked over at Amy still grinning as she jumped up and down on the bouncy castle with little Kat in her arms, both of them giggling as they bounced around.

     “I’ve asked her to be my maid of honour, and as you can see she said yes.” Ann giggled as she also watched Amy playing around with Kat. “I made sure it would be okay with Amber first, and she said she was glad I was going to ask Amy to do it.” Ann added with a smile.

     “Sounds like you’ve been thinking about this for some time.” Carl said.

     “I have, but some of the finer details only started coming to me after being at Cathy and Sara’s wedding.” Ann said with a grin. “I don’t want to say too much until I can get all of you together though, but I do have one request to ask of you Carl.” Ann added as she looked at him.

     “And what would that be Ann?” Carl asked with a smile.

     “You’ve done so much to help me be with my sister again, and you’ve been like a big brother to us all, so I was hopping you’d be the one to give me away at my wedding?” Ann asked with a tear in her eye as she thought about all Carl had done for her.

     “It would be my honour Ann, but it does mean you’ll have to do me a favour as well.” Carl said looking a little smug with himself. Ann thought it was almost like he’d been waiting for her to give him the right opportunity to drop something into her lap.

     “After all you’ve done Carl, how could I refuse anything you asked me to do?” Ann asked. “What do you need me to do?” Ann asked.

     “As I’ll be playing the role of the father at your wedding. I feel it only fair that you let me pay for it all as well.” Carl said looking happy with himself.

     “I couldn’t ask you to do that for us Carl.” Ann whined.

     “You didn’t, and that is the only way I will walk you down the aisle and give you away to Brad.” Carl said in a firm voice, already knowing what Ann’s answer was going to be.

     “That’s blackmail Carl.” Ann whined again.

     “Nope, I like to think of it as me being a big brother.” Carl grinned back at her.

    Ann started grinning back at him, not able to keep the angry look on her face. “I’ve never had a big brother to compare you to, but I guess I could do a lot worse than having you for one.” Ann smiled. “Okay, I’ll let you pay for the wedding then bro!” Ann added with a giggle.

     “Thanks sis.” Carl grinned back.


*****

    Later in the afternoon Chrissy and Amy helped Becky and Amber sort out some of Mable and Holly’s apple pie and ice cream for everyone except Cathleen and Kat. They had jelly and ice cream instead. Then they all sat around relaxing while they ate and then let it go down.

    Chrissy and Amy had set out a large blanket and they were having a little tea party with some dolls that Cathleen and Kat had brought with them. Everyone smiled as they watched the two young women entertain the two children, not looking bored for one second.

    None of the others noticed it get quiet at first, but they all started talking in lower voices when they saw that Chrissy and Amy had fallen asleep with Cathleen and Kat cuddled up next to them.

     “I’m amazed the pair of them kept up with Cathleen and Kat like they did.” Hope said to Jenna as they sat enjoying their drinks.

     “I know what you mean Hope, but I’m glad they can.” Jenna said smiling. “I’ve never seen anyone better with kids than those two are.” Jenna added with pride.

     “I know what you mean Jenna. Kat is always excited about going to the shop on a Thursday. Chrissy and Amy always make time to play with her, and still get their work done on time.” Hope said, also looking proud that she knows Chrissy and Amy.

    Callum, Jayden, Jo, Dan. Rachel and Sam were all sat at a table with Sara and Cathy. Cathy looked at Dan to ask him about last night. “Did Danni have a good time last night Dan?”

    Dan looked a little worried as he looked at Sam and then Callum. “It was different.” He said as he shifted in his seat looking nervous all of a sudden.

     “Don’t worry about these two Dan. You met Kara last night, and Samantha is normally at the club, but I’ve not seen her there in some time now.” Cathy said looking puzzled as she realised that she hadn’t seen Samantha in some time. “Why is that Sam?” Cathy asked.

     “I lost my job, so we’ve had to watch what we spend. Going out clubbing is well down on the list of things to do.” Sam said looking a little depressed about it all.

     “I’m sorry to hear that Sam. Have you not had any luck finding another job?” Cathy asked.

     “No, not yet. I’m not what you would call skilled at anything special, so I’m having some trouble.” Sam said with a sigh.

     “I could have a word with Carl for you? See if he’s got anything you might be good at.” Cathy offered.

     “I’m not sure what use I would be to him, but if you would, thanks. Sam said, but never looked up from the table.

    Cathy looked at Rachel and saw the pleading in her eyes and she nodded her head up and down. Cathy could see that Rachel was worried about Sam and his mood.

    Callum could see that the conversation wasn’t going the way Cathy wanted it to, so he looked at Dan. “Was that the first time you let Danni out to play then Dan?”

     “That was the first time I’ve ever dressed like a woman full stop.” Dan said in a defensive tone.

     “What did you think of it?” Callum asked, not put off by Dan’s defensive tone of voice.

     “I didn’t think I’d like it, but I had a good time.” Dam broke a smile. “It was nice getting to spend some time with Jo, and seeing a new side to her.” Dan added as he looked at Jo sat next to him.

    Callum could tell that Dan wanted to say yes, but he also didn’t want to sound too eager about it at the same time.

     “He’s so hooked on it; you can see it in his eyes.” Rachel said from across the table.

    Dan went all red in the face and looked down at the table for a long time. “I did like the feel of the clothes, but the heels were killing me by the end of the night.” Dan finally said as he looked up at the others.

     “Will we be seeing Danni again then Dan?” Cathy asked.

    Dan looked at Jo with a worried look on his face. “I’d like to say yes, but I don’t want to risk losing Jo over it.” Dan said. “I love Jo more than I’d ever love wearing a dress.” He added.

     “I thought you looked cute as a girl, and it was even better when we got back to my place.” Jo was grinning.

    Dan just went all red in the face again as he spoke. “Jo! They don’t need to know all the details.”

    All the others just giggled at them. Jayden knew just what Jo was getting at; she’d spent a large part of the night making love to Kara before they both fell asleep in each other’s arms.

    Jayden was worried about Sam; he’d been quiet since Cathy spoke to him. “What type of work were you doing Sam?” Jayden asked.

     “I was working for a company that installed stair lifts, but I wasn’t very good at it, so they let me go.” Sam said as he looked up at Jayden to answer her.

     “Do you have any idea what kind of work you’re looking for now?” Jayden asked, she was wondering if they had anything at the hotel he might be good at.

     “I’d be willing to have a go at anything right now; I just want to start bringing some money back into the house.” Sam said as he looked at Rachel.

    Jayden and the others could all see that Sam not working was putting pressure on Rachel, as she was the only one bringing money into their home at the minute.

    Cathy had been sat thinking about Sam and Rachel while Jayden spoke, and she was beginning to see an idea forming as she thought back to how she first met Rachel and Samantha at the club one Saturday night.

     “Rachel, do you do yours and Samantha’s makeup when you come to the club?” Cathy asked.

     “I use to, but then we came around here and Chrissy showed us how to get different looks so Sam didn’t get made again, and now he does the two of us whenever we go out to the club, or if I can talk him into dressing fully while at home.” Rachel said looking puzzled as to the reason for the question.

     “You mean someone saw Sam as Samantha and they knew who it was?” Jayden asked.

     “No, not that way Jayden.” Sam said. “I was part of a team that went to the shop and fitted a stair lift, while Chrissy was recovering from her injuries caused by Amy’s father.” Sam sounded angry as he said that last part. “Amy realised who I was and where she’d seen me before, but she was cool about it and never said anything though.” Sam actually smiled as he thought back to that time.

     “Is that how you became friends with them all then?” Jayden asked.

     “Pretty much, yes. I’d spoke to them at the club as they walked around with Becky. I’d even had my makeup fixed a couple of times by Chrissy, but it wasn’t until that day at the shop, that I finally got to understand who Chrissy and Amy were.” Sam seemed happier as he thought about the two girls that had come into his life.

    Jayden thought Sam looked nice when he wasn’t looking worried and depressed all the time. She was going to have a word with Carl later, and see what they could do to help him find a job. Jayden knew that Carl would be able to find something for him to do at the hotel.

    Cathy had smiled at Sara as she’d got up from the table to go over to Carl. Rachel had watched Cathy do this, still wondering what all the questions were about.

    Carl was just finishing his second piece of apple pie when Cathy knelt down beside him. “I’m sorry to bother you Carl, but I was wondering if I could have a quick word with you about that little problem we were talking about the other day.” Cathay asked.

     “Please do feel free to bother him Cathy. It might stop him from eating any more pie.” Mandy said with a frown, just before she started giggling.

     “What can I say? It’s really good pie.” Carl said as he got the last of the crumbs before putting the spoon down on the plate and pushing it away.

     “It is really good pie.” Cathy agreed having just finished a piece herself.

     “Do you want to go in the house and talk, or shall we just sit here and do it?” Carl asked as he pointed to an empty seat next to him for Cathy to sit on.

     “Here will be fine Carl.” Cathy smiled as she got up and then sat on the seat he offered her.

     “So remind me of what problem were we talking about?” Carl asked, not being able to pick just one problem out of many that he had to try and fix in any given day.

     “The one Marie and I have with needing more help at the changing service.” Cathy said.

     “I said I’d look into finding you another person Cathy, but I can’t just snap my fingers and give you another person who has the training to just step into helping you and Marie do the makeovers.” Carl said. “I wish I could, it would make my life much easier.” Carl added with a chuckle.

     “I think I found someone, and she was trained by one of the best in the business if you ask me.” Cathy said with a grin.

     “They were? Who were they trained by?” Carl asked looking interested all of a sudden.

    Cathy looked over her shoulder to the blanket with Chrissy, Amy, Cathleen and Kat fast asleep on and then pointed to Chrissy. They were trained by Chrissy.” Cathy said with a grin.

     “Who are you talking about then Cathy?” Carl asked, looking excited now. “If it’s Amy forget it.” Carl said looking worried as he took a quick look at Mandy.

     “Good luck with that one.” Mandy giggled as she thought about Carl and Cathy trying to talk Amy into leaving the shop and working with Chrissy.

     “I’m talking about Sam. He lost his job and he’s having trouble finding another one.” Cathy said with some pleading in her voice for Carl to think about offering him the job.

     “I was wondering why I hadn’t seen them at the club in some time.” Carl said with a thoughtful look on his face. “If you think he can do the job, then I won’t stop you hiring him. Just remember to tell him that he’ll be working as Samantha at work.” Carl reminded Cathy before letting her run off to tell Sam the good news.

    Sam and Rachel had just finished telling the others about how they had worried Chrissy and Amy when they went to the club dressed as a couple of gothic’s when Cathy got back to the table and sat down sporting a massive grin on her face.

     “I’ve got some great news for you Sam.” Cathy said still grinning. “You’ll need to come to the changing service at the hotel tomorrow.” Cathy added.

     “What for Cathy?” Sam asked looking worried at the way Cathy was still grinning at him.

     “So you can start your new job silly.” Cathy said in a matter of fact way.

     “What will I be doing?” Sam asked with a shocked look on his face.

     “You’ll be helping Marie and myself do the makeovers on all the other girl’s.” Cathy smiled. “Well Samantha will. I hope you don’t mind being dressed all the time you’re working?” Cathy asked.

    Sam looked at Rachel to make sure she didn’t mind him being dressed as Samantha while at work. “Will that be okay with you Ray?” Sam asked Rachel, using his pet name for her.

     “I don’t care if you dress like a clown, just as long as I get my Sammi back.” Rachel said as she wrapped her arms around him, happy to see some of that old spark back in his eyes.

    Sam hugged Rachel back and let out a sigh as he finally saw some light at the end of the dark tunnel he’d been in since losing his job. “Thanks Cathy, what will I need to come dressed in tomorrow then?” Sam asked.

     “Just come as you are now. Marie and I will spend some time showing you how we do things at the changing service. Chrissy would have given you a good start, that’s why I just told Carl you’re the person for the job.” Cathy said with a grin.

    Sam wanted to run over and give Chrissy a hug for what she’d just done, but when he saw she was still fast asleep with Kat cuddled up to her, he decided to leave it until later.

    Cathy saw the way Sam looked over at Chrissy and she smiled as she remembered feeling the same way when Carl offered her a job a couple of years ago. “I got my job the same way you know?” Cathy said as she looked at Sam.

     “Chrissy showed you as well?” Sam asked.

     “Yep, she came to stop with me for a week when she was having trouble with Becky, and by the end of it; Carl offered me a job doing what I do now.” Cathy said with a grin.

     “I guess she showed Amy as well then?” Sam asked.

     “Yes she did. Marie is still shocked that Chrissy hasn’t had any training either. She thinks Chrissy is a natural at it.” Cathy said with a faraway look in her eyes. “I still think Chrissy is better than me, even now.” Cathy added.

     “Sounds like we’ll need to go shopping for Samantha then soon honey.” Rachel said with a grin. She’d wanted Samantha out shopping for some time, and now it looked like she’d get it.

     “Carl will come and talk to you more tomorrow at work Sam, but he will sort you out with a clothing budget, so don’t worry about buying any of the clothes yourself.” Cathy said when she saw the worried look on Sam’s face.

     “I’ll be making you some clothes as well.” Sara said with a grin. “I’m always looking for new bodies to play dress up with.” Sara said with an evil grin this time.

     “Congratulations on the new job Sam.” Callum smiled.

     “Thanks Callum.” Sam said still in shock from the news he’d be starting a new job as Samantha tomorrow.

     “Speaking of work Callum. Did you sort out your holidays on Friday?” Jayden asked as she turned to look at Callum sat next to her.

     “Yes I did. I break up Tuesday afternoon and won’t be back at work until the following Wednesday.” Callum said with a grin. “I’ll be glad not having to put up with that Stephen Adams for a week.” Callum added with a sigh.

     “Is he still giving you trouble at the office?” Jayden asked with some anger in her voice.

     “I wouldn’t call it trouble Jayden. He’s just acting like we’ve been best friends all my life; it’s really wigging me out.” Callum said as he let a shudder run through his body.

     “He didn’t look like much of a friend the other week when he tried to make a fool of you in the hotel restaurant.” Jayden huffed.

     “I know, and that’s how he’s normally acting around me, but this past week he’s been...” Callum couldn’t think of the right word to use. “Nice is the only way I can think to say it.” Callum said with a shrug.

     “Do you think he’s still trying to get a shot with me by becoming your friend?” Jayden asked with a sick sounding laugh, like he’d ever stand a chance. Jayden thought the man was horrid from the first time he spoke to them both.

     “I’m surprised he can find women to even go out on a date with him. None of the girls at work like him.” Callum said. Not even when he comes in to the office wearing flash clothes and throwing money around.” Callum added.

     “Where does he get all the money from? Is he on more than you?” Jayden asked looking a little puzzled.

     “I’ve got no idea where he gets all the money from. He’s on about the same as me take home, but he still comes in wearing flash looking watches and big roles of money in his pockets.” Callum looked annoyed as he said it.

     “I doubt even that would help him get a date.” Jayden giggled.

     “He gets the odd date at the office, but they never go out with him twice. They normally just go with him to get a nice meal and some sort of reward in the form of some nice jewellery.” Callum chuckled as he thought about the last girl he’d taken out. She’d come into the office with an expensive gold chain around her neck the next day, but wouldn’t go on another date with him. Callum was happy when he heard Jo start talking to Sara. He could stop thinking about Stephen and work until tomorrow.

     “Sara, I was chatting with Carl earlier, and he said that you want me to teach you some of the moves I showed Chrissy and Amy. When would you like to start learning?” Jo asked grinning.

    Carl had spoke to Jo and Dan, but asked them not to ask Sara for the reason behind it. Carl said it in such a way that Jo and Dan knew better than to even try to find out the reason for her wanting to learn some self defence.

     “As soon as we can get started.” Sara said looking eager to learn. “Carl said there are some rooms at the hotel we can use, so just let me know what days and I’ll be there.” Sara added.

     “Carl told me to clear what ever days were best for you, and don’t worry about anything else.” Jo said as she threw the question back at Sara.

    Sara took Jo’s number and said she’d need to check her work load and make sure she wouldn’t leave herself short of time with any of her dress design work, and then she’d get back to Jo with the days she’d be able to clear a couple of hours.

 

Chapter 62

    Chrissy started to wake from her nap when Kat started moving. Chrissy opened her eyes and found Becky sat on the blanket looking down at her with a smile on her face.

     “Did you have a nice nap baby?” Becky asked as she brushed away some of Chrissy’s hair that had fallen across her face.

     “I’m sorry Bec’s; I’ve hardly spent any time with you today.” Chrissy said as she sat up and rubbed some of the sleep from her eyes.

     “I don’t mind baby. It’s been nice watching you and Amy having so much fun with Cathleen and Kat.” Becky said as she looked down at Kat just as she started to wake up.

     “Herrow aunty Becky.” Kat said as she had a stretch and sat up to rub sleep from her eyes just like Chrissy had done moments before.

     “Hello kitten, did your mean old aunty Chrissy wear you out?” Becky asked as she pulled Kat into a hug with her.

     “Aunty Chrissy not mean, she play all the time and make me giggle.” Kat said in Chrissy’s defence. “You come on bouncy castle with me now?” Kat asked as she stood up and tried to pull Becky to her feet.

     “I wish I could Kat, but I might hurt the little babies I’m carrying in my belly.” Becky said with a sad look, not wanting to see Kat sad, but also not willing to risk the babies either.

     “You have little babies in your tummy?” Kat asked as she leaned over to listen to the babies, but she couldn’t hear anything when she put her ear against Becky’s belly.

     “Yes I do Kat, but they’re too small to be heard or felt at the minute.” Becky smiled at Kat as she lifted her head up and looked at Becky.

     “Mummy tells me babies come from shop, and she buy better one if I not behave better.” Kat said with a puzzled look. “Why you not go to shop and buy one too?” Kat asked.

    Chrissy and Becky looked at each other, not knowing what to say in reply to Kat’s question. They both let out a sigh when they heard Hope say something to Kat that had her full attention now.

     “Kitten, do you want to ask aunty Chrissy and Aunty Becky if they want to share a chocolate bar with you?” Hope was holding up a large bar of chocolate.

    Kat was soon on her feet and running over to take the chocolate bar from her mummy. “Fank you mummy.” Kat then ran back to sit on the blanket between Chrissy and Becky as she held up the bar of chocolate for Chrissy to open it. “Aunty Chrissy, Aunty Becky, you share choc choc bar with me?”

     “MMM choc choc.” Chrissy said grinning. “I’d love to share it with you Kat.” Chrissy added as she opened it and then placed the open packet on Kat’s knee’s so her and Becky could take a piece every now and then.

     “Thank you for letting us share your choc choc bar Kat.” Becky smiled as she took a piece and popped it in her mouth.

    Chrissy and Becky both looked at Hope with a thankful look, happy that Kat was now sat humming to herself as she munched on a piece of chocolate, all thought of the question she’d asked them forgotten.

    Amy and Cathleen soon woke. Chrissy giggled as it seemed like they could smell the chocolate in their sleep and it woke them up. They both sat up and were soon munching a piece as well. Amber came over and sat next to Amy with Cathy sat between them, just like Kat was sat between Chrissy and Becky. They finished the chocolate bar and then Amy and Amber took Cathleen and Kat back on the bouncy castle.

    Chrissy wanted to spend some time with Becky. She also wanted to sit and spend some time with her mum and dad. Chrissy had been avoiding them for the most part; she was worried about them finding out what happened at the club the other night, and then the added trouble of the police turning up last night to arrest her.

    Greg and Holly were sat talking to Prue, Frank, Carl and Mandy when Chrissy and Becky walked over to join them.

     “Hi mum, dad. Did you both enjoy the food?” Chrissy asked as she sat in the empty seat next to her father and cuddled up to him.

     “Yes we had a lovely time, and the food was perfect.” Greg said as he put one arm around Chrissy and gave her a little hug.

     “Yes you all know how to entertain your guest’s dear.” Holly smiled as she looked at her daughter cuddled up to her dad. Holly saw Chrissy smile, but she also saw some worry behind her eyes. “What’s worrying you Chrissy?” Holly asked.

    Chrissy thought about saying “nothing” but knew her mum would see straight through her lie, so with a sigh Chrissy spoke. “I’m worried about what you and dad must be thinking about me getting in trouble with the police over the trouble at the club the other night.” Chrissy found herself wondering how she ever got away with fooling her mum growing up, when she was nearly caught wandering around the house dressed as a girl, when her mum came home earlier than she said.

     “I won’t lie and say I’m happy to hear you were fighting Chrissy.” Holly said with an edge of anger in her voice.

     “I wasn’t fighting mum!” Chrissy shot back at her mum, shocked that she could think of it as that. “I just stopped some man from putting his hands on my wife.” Chrissy added as she wrapped an arm around Becky, as if she was reminding her mum as to whom she was talking about.

     “I’m sorry Chrissy, poor choice of words.” Holly said as she raised her hands as she tried to calm Chrissy down again. “I hear it was a one sided affair anyway.” Holly added with a little smile showing on one side of her face.

     “I’m not sorry that I did it mum, and I’d do it again if someone else tried the same thing.” Chrissy was glaring at her mum as she said it.

    Holly was strangely glad to see Chrissy acting so fearlessly to protect Becky. Holly could see that her daughter was finally growing up; she knew that Greg would be happy to see this. It was one of Greg’s biggest worries about Chrissy and the life she’d chosen for herself. He’d been worried that Chrissy wouldn’t be able to protect herself if she came up against someone bigger than her while not with the others, but she’d proved more than once that she wasn’t so easily spotted as being anything other than a female.

     “I don’t care what your mother thinks Chrissy, I’m proud of what you did.” Greg was grinning. “Wish I’d been there to see you take him down.” Greg added with a chuckle as he thought about his frail looking daughter doing what Vic had described Saturday morning.

     “Would you like to see it Greg?” Carl asked. Stopping Greg from getting a verbal telling off from Holly for leading Chrissy on when Holly was trying to tell her off in a kind way.

     “You’ve got it on tape?” Greg asked with surprise.

     “No, they’re going to let Chrissy go out and do it again while they film it for you!” Holly snapped, heavy with sarcasm. Holly had a sudden look of horror come over her face as she thought that Carl could have really meant it.

     “Yes we have it on tape, so don’t look so worried Holly, I’d never let Chrissy do anything like that if I had a choice.” Carl chuckled at the look Holly had as he spoke. “Once you see the video, you’ll see that Brad was seconds away from sorting the guy out himself, but Chrissy was just too fast for even him.

    Chrissy didn’t think Carl was helping to calm her mum down, but her dad was looking more full of life than he had since first arriving at the house earlier in the day. “Trust dad to get all excited about me beating some guy up.” Chrissy thought.

    Kat and Cathleen calling Chrissy’s name had her jumping up from the table, happy to have a valid reason to get away from the talk her mum was about to have with her about not picking on the other boys and girls.

    Becky had to try and hide a giggle when she saw how fast Chrissy shot from the table to join Kat and Cathleen on the bouncy Castle with Amy and Amber. Becky had a feeling that Amy or Amber had seen how Holly was looking at Chrissy, and they had told the two little girls what to do.


*****

    Chrissy and Becky were helping Amy, Amber, Jayden and Callum put all the food away while the others were all in the living room watching the video of Chrissy at the club. Chrissy had no desire to watch that man slapping Becky on the backside again.

     “You okay Chrissy?” Callum asked as they walked back into the house and put a couple more trays of food down, ready for Becky to cover and then pass them to Amy or Amber to put away.

     “I’m fine Callum.” Chrissy smiled at him. “I’m just worried about what my mum will say once she’s seen that video.” Chrissy added with a frown.

     “I think your mum will see your side of it once she’s seen what happened, and why you stopped that guy.” Callum said. “I’d have done the same if someone had done the same to Jayden while I was stood next to her.” Callum added in a firm voice.

     “I’m pleased to hear that baby, but you’d have to beat me to him first.” Jayden said the second part with a grin as she came up behind Callum and wrapped her arms around Callum’s neck before kissing him on the cheek.

    Chrissy had to giggle; she’d seen Jayden deal with guys like the one that slapped Becky, all the time back at St Trinian’s. Chrissy had seen Jayden drop a guy to his knees while holding a tray of drinks, and she never spilt a drop. Chrissy found herself wondering if Callum realised just how tough Jayden really was. Chrissy also hopped he never had to find out either.

     “What am I missing?” Callum asked as he saw Chrissy giggle and Jayden look at Chrissy with a smirk. Jayden was thinking the same thing Chrissy was, a private joke between the two of them.

     “Nothing much baby, I’ve just had to deal with worse while I worked at St Trinian’s.” Jayden said with a shrug.

     “Will I ever get to see you in that uniform?” Callum asked grinning.

     “Only if you wear the same outfit for me.” Jayden said, grinning right back at him.

     “I won’t wear it, but I’m sure Kara would.” Callum said with a smile. “Two naughty school girls getting into trouble.” Callum added.

     “I must warn you, I can be a very naughty school girl.” Jayden purred as she turned Callum around, so she could give him a proper kiss.

    Chrissy took the tray of food of Callum so he had both hands free, then she wandered off into the house again to give them some time alone. Becky was still wrapping the food in Clingfilm and then letting Amy and Amber take them over to the fridge. Becky had tried to carry the food, but gave up when she realised that they weren’t going to let her.

     “That’s the last of it.” Chrissy said with a sigh as she sat down at the kitchen table to watch Becky start wrapping the last of it.

    Becky finished wrapping the food, and then she sat down on Chrissy’s knee so she could then give her wife a nice long kiss. “I love you so much Chrissy.” Becky said when they stopped kissing.

     “Bet I love you even more.” Chrissy smiled back as she ran her tongue across her lips, tasting Becky on them still.

     “That’s a bet you’d lose baby.” Becky smiled back just before leaning in for another kiss.

     “Do you want payment now my love?” Chrissy grinned back at her.

     “As good as that sounds, we still have a living room full of guest’s to entertain.” Becky pointed out with a pout.

    Chrissy groaned as she remembered that everyone was still in the living room watching that stupid video. “I’m sure the others can take care of that while we go up to our room.” Chrissy offered with a thoughtful look.

     “Nice try baby, but you’ll still have to face your mum at some point, so why not get it out the way sooner?” Becky asked, always the practical one.

     “I guess you could be right, just like always.” Chrissy sighed as she watched Becky slip off her knee and then helped Chrissy get to her feet.

    Becky pulled Chrissy towards the living room door and had to pull a little harder to finally get Chrissy to enter the room just behind her. Chrissy could hear her mum talking, but she wasn’t saying what she thought she would be.

     “I think that dirty beast asked for everything he got.” Holly snapped. “How dare he lay a hand on my daughter like that.” Holly added with outrage.

    Chrissy was trying not to giggle as she heard her mum having a go at the TV as she watched the video. Chrissy liked the way her mum had taken to thinking of Becky as her daughter, just like she now was. All the worry Chrissy had over her mum seeing the video vanished, leaving her with pride in its place as she listened to her mum still going on about it.

     “I’m very proud of you Chrissy.” Holly said when she saw Chrissy poke her head over Becky’s shoulder. “It’s a pity you didn’t break his arm off and beat him with it.” Holly added with even more anger.

     “I think you’d be visiting Chrissy in prison now if she’d done that Holly.” Carl pointed out as he tried to calm her down. He was also trying not to laugh, as it did look funny watching her get so worked up over it all.

     “True, but I’m still glad you did what you did.” Holly said finally getting some control of her temper again. “I would have liked to have seen what Brad might have done to him, if he got to him before Chrissy did.” Holly added with an evil grin.

    Brad just looked surprised to hear his name being said, but he looked worried when he realised what Holly was getting at. Brad had been sat in an armchair with Ann sat on his knee while she looked at her engagement ring again and again between kissing Brad. Before Brad could say anything, Chrissy spoke.

     “Mum! You can’t just go around beating people up because they slap or pinch one of our bottoms.” Chrissy said as she stepped around Becky to face her mum.

    Holly was about to speak, but stopped when she realised that she was just speaking out of anger, and not thinking straight at the minute. She took a couple of deep breaths and calmed herself down. “I’m sorry dear, but it just makes me so mad to see how men treat pretty girls now days. I’m glad you put that one in his place.” Holly added as she pattered the seat next to her for Chrissy to come and sit down.

    Chrissy took the seat and then let her mum pull her into a hug. “You okay again now mum?” Chrissy asked.

     “Yes, I’m fine honey, and I’m sorry for snapping at you outside.” Holly hugged Chrissy a little tighter. “I was wrong to have a go at you, I can see that now.” Holly added.

    Holly giggled when she heard two people let out a sharp breath. Chrissy and Greg had never heard Holly say she’d made a mistake about anything before.

     “Yes, yes, make the most of it; you’ll never hear me say it again.” Holly giggled some more.

     “Now why couldn’t we get that on video?” Chrissy said as she rolled her eyes. This had everyone laughing, and it earned Chrissy another hug from her mum.

    Everybody slowly started to leave. Cathy gave Sam instructions on how to get to the changing service and what to bring with him. Rachel gave Cathy a hug for being so helpful in cheering Sam up. Chrissy got hugs of Sam and Rachel, and she was happy for Sam when she found out what she was getting the hug for.

    Apart from Brad, Carl and Callum, there was only Sara and Cathy still left in the living room with the others when everyone else had left. Ann had asked Sara and Cathy to stay behind for a little bit, so she could talk to them. Carl, Brad and Callum were all stopping the night anyway.

     “Thanks for stopping behind Sara, Cathy.” Ann smiled as she sat on Brad’s knee still. “I wanted to ask you and the others a couple of things before you left.” Ann added looking a little nervous.

     “No problem Ann. What can we help you with?” Sara asked as she sat holding Cathy’s hand.

     “I’ve asked Amy to be my maid of honour. Amber is going to be a bride’s maid, but I’d also like to ask Mandy, Jayden, Cathy, Sara, Chrissy and Becky to be brides maids as well.” Ann said as she looked around the room.

    All the girls started grinning and smiling. Jayden looked at Callum and started clapping her hands together with excitement. Chrissy looked happy to be part of the wedding, but she could see that Becky didn’t look as happy as the rest of them did.

    Becky looked at Ann for a couple of seconds before she got Ann’s attention. “Thank you for the offer Ann, but I don’t think you’ll want me in the photos while I’m pregnant. So I’m going to sit this one out.” Becky said looking a little upset that she wouldn’t be a bride’s maid this time around. “I’m sorry, but you will have all the others to make up for it.” Becky added.

     “I still want you as part of the wedding Becky, that’s why I’m not getting married until you’ve had the babies.” Ann said as she slid off Brad’s knee and went over to beg Becky to rethink her request. “Please be a bride’s maid at my wedding.” Ann asked.

     “I can’t ask you to leave getting married until I’ve had the babies. That would be silly.” Becky said.

     “I’m not asking you to do anything apart from be a bride’s maid.” Ann giggled. “Brad and I both decided that we wanted you stood next to Chrissy at the wedding, so we will wait until such time as you can get in a bride’s maid dress again.” Ann said in a voice that said all talk about her not being a bride’s maid was over.

     “Doesn’t look like I have a choice then does it?” Becky asked with a smile. “Yes then, I’d love to be a bride’s maid at your wedding Ann.” Becky added.

    Ann started grinning as she gave Becky a hug, then she worked her way around the room thanking all the girls for being part of her special day. Brad had already asked Frank to be his best man, and all the girls found out that Carl would be walking Ann down the aisle. Ann was going to ask Jenna and Hope if they would let Cathleen and Kat be flower girls at the wedding the next time she saw them.

    Cathy and Sara left to go home and the others all called it a day and headed up to bed. Chrissy was happy to be finally getting Becky to herself as she pulled her into their room after saying goodnight to everyone else on the landing. None of them got to sleep very early, but they were all smiling at breakfast the next morning.


*****

    Chrissy and Becky had helped Amy and Amber sort out breakfast on the Monday morning before they all left for work, and Becky got the dishes washed and put away again. Jayden had left for work with Carl today, due to Ann taking the day off to go and look at some church’s she’d like to get married at. Carl also wanted to give Brad and Ann some time to relax and just be alone together.

    Carl and Jayden looking at each other with a puzzled look when they walked into the hotel and found Dale stood talking to a couple of police officers at the front desk. They both walked over and Carl asked what the problem was. “

     “Is something wrong Dale?” Carl asked as he came to a stop at Dale’s side. Jayden stood to the side of Carl, just listening and waiting to find out why the police were in the hotel.

     “Hello Carl. These police officers are making enquiries into someone using stolen credit cards in the hotel restaurant.” Dale said looking unhappy to find out that this had been going on in his hotel, and the fact that he now had to try and sort it out while Carl was stood next to him.

     “I’m sorry to hear that officer.” Carl said, surprised to hear that someone had managed to have a meal, and not get caught. “I trust you’re giving them all the help you can Dale?” Carl asked, but already knowing the answer.

     “Yes I am Carl, and I’m sorry for letting this happen.” Dale said looking a little worried.

    Carl knew he’d need to have a word with Dale and put his mind at ease later. He wasn’t going to do it while the police were stood next to him.

     “I need to go and make some calls, so I’ll speak to you later.” Carl said as he looked at Dale. “Officers, I hope you catch these people.” Carl added with a nod of his head before he walked away, so he could make his way up to his penthouse.

    Jayden stopped behind to offer whatever help she could. Dale was looking on the computer to see if he had any other names to give the officers, but the person had used the same name to reserve a table as the one on the stolen card.

     “Do you keep video footage from the time that the stolen card was used?” One of the officers asked.

     “No, I’m sorry, but if there aren’t any problems, the drives are wiped again after a couple of days.” Dale said as he also looked up at the camera mounted on the wall. “If you’d come to see us sooner, then we might have been able to offer more help, but I will tell security to make backups of all the video’s from now on, but I hope we don’t have any trouble like this again.” Dale added, trying to keep on the good side of the police.

     “Thank you for what help you have given us Dale, and thank you for keeping any further footage for us.” The officer said with a smile. “It’s a shame it took the person so long to realise that his card was being used by someone else.

     “Did he not realise that his card was missing?” Jayden asked, shocked that someone could not realise they had lost their credit card so easily.

     “The person’s card was copied at some point, but we’re not sure when.” The officer said to Jayden. “They didn’t realise until they looked at their statement online yesterday.” The man added.

     “Wow, that’s a scary thought.” Jayden said as she thought about someone doing the same to her.

     “It happens more than you realise miss. That’s why we warn people not to let their card out of their sight while out shopping or having a meal.” The second officer said as he looked Jayden up and down before smiling at her.

    Jayden knew that things like that didn’t happen here at the hotel, because the waiting staff in the restaurant always took a card machine to the table and sorted out payment in plain view of the customer.

    The officers left Dale with a card, so he could call them if he found out any more information for them, but they weren’t expecting any. The officers had already said that these people were using these stolen cards all over the city, and they knew how to stay below the radar as they did it.

    Dale let out a sigh once the two officers had finally left the hotel. “Carl’s going to bust me down to cleaning staff for this, that’s if he doesn’t just fire me.” Dale said looking worried.

     “Don’t be silly Dale. Carl won’t blame you for any of this.” Jayden said as she tried to calm Dale back down again. “One of them said they were a professional crew going all over the city doing this.” Jayden added.

    Dale nodded in understanding at what Jayden was saying, but he still looked worried. He was soon being side tracked with running the hotel again though, so Jayden let the matter drop for the time being. She could see Dale looking closely at all the guests coming in and out of the hotel, and Jayden knew she had to call Carl and see if he could come back down and have a word with Dale.

    Carl was just looking over some paperwork when his mobile rang. He saw it was Jayden’s number and answered it right away. “Hi Jayden, is everything alright?”

     “Hi Carl. Sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you had a couple of minutes to spare?” Jayden asked.

     “Sure, what can I help you with?” Carl asked, noticing the worry in Jayden’s voice.

     “I was hoping you could come down and have a quick word with Dale? He’s worried that you hold him responsible for the trouble with the stolen cards being used here in the hotel.” Jayden said with hope in her voice that Carl wasn’t too busy to come down and talk with Dale.

     “I’ll be right down Jayden.” Carl said just before ending the call.

    Jayden had wandered off to one side so she could make the call to Carl, but she was now back at his side while he sorted out a new room key for a guest that had broke the first one he was given. Jayden heard Dale take in a sharp breath when he saw Carl step out the elevator and walk toward the two of them.

    Carl walked over and stood next to Jayden while he waited for Dale to finish sorting out the guest. Once Dale had finished he turned to look at Carl.

     “Hello Carl, do you want to go somewhere a little more private to do this?” Dale asked with a gulp.

     “Here will be just fine.” Carl said in a matter of fact way.

    Dale looked a little shocked to think that Carl would drag him over the coals in front of the other staff members, but he squared his shoulders ready for the telling off. He was left feeling a little shocked when Carl didn’t do that.

     “I just wanted to pop down and make sure you weren’t blaming yourself over that credit card problem Dale. I don’t know the details, but they must have been good at doing it, or they never would have gotten past you and your staff.” Carl added, just to make Dale feel better about how well he trained his staff.

    Dale just stood looking at Carl like he’d lost the ability to speak for a couple of seconds, so Jayden spoke for him. “The police say that it’s a group of them going all over London buying things and getting meals at restaurants.”

     “It happens.” Carl said with a sigh. “Did you manage to offer them any help?” Carl asked looking hopeful.

     “Not really Carl.” Dale said, now it looked like he’d got over his shock of Carl not blaming him. “I’ve told them that we’ll back up all video of the guest’s eating in the restaurant from now on, just in case they come here again.” Dale added.

     “Did they leave you with the names of the people’s who’s cards were used?” Carl asked.

     “Yes they did, and I’ve checked to see who served them last week, but the members of staff won’t be on until this evening. I was going to have a word with them and asked if they remember anything about the people they served on those nights.” Dale said, doing his best to let Carl know he wasn’t going to let it go.

     “I knew I could trust you to keep on top if it Dale.” Carl smiled as he gave Dale a playful punch on the arm. “I don’t know why I even bothered coming down to check on you.” Carl added just before he turned to go back up to his penthouse. He did give Jayden a little smile and a wink as he turned.

    Jayden smiled back, she was very impressed at how well Carl handled it. Jayden knew she was going to learn a lot from Carl, and Dale.


*****

    Chrissy, Mandy and Amy had been rushed off their feet all day, and were glad to be finishing at the end of the day. Chrissy was going to the club again with Becky, so Mandy was taking her straight home and sending her to bed when they got there. Chrissy knew the rules, so she just smiled as Mandy gave her the order as she drove them home once they’d stopped at the post office.

    Becky was just marking some pages in a mother care catalogue when she heard the front door open, then she heard the clicking of heels on the marble floor just before she saw Chrissy walk into the kitchen and run over to give her a hug.

     “Hi baby!” Chrissy said just before she leaned down to kiss Becky on the lips, then she bent down further to talk to Becky’s belly. “I hope you two are behaving in there?” Chrissy asked just before she kissed Becky’s belly.

     “Hi.” Becky giggled as she watched Chrissy talking to her belly, like it was able to answer her back. “I swear them kids will come out knowing your voice.” Becky added as she pulled Chrissy back up for another kiss.

     “That’s what I’m counting on.” Chrissy said with a grin.

     “You, bed! Or no going to the club with Becky later.” Mandy said as she entered the kitchen and saw Chrissy sat on the seat next to Becky at the kitchen table.

     “Don’t let your Aunty Mandy scare you, she’s normally very nice.” Chrissy said to Becky’s belly just before she got up and ran out the room giggling as Mandy tried to slap her backside, but missed.

     “I’m always nice!” Mandy shouted to the closing kitchen door. “I worry about that girl sometimes.” Mandy added with a giggle as she turned back to look at Amy and Becky again.

     “We all worry about that girl.” Becky smiled as she got up from the table with Amy’s help.

     “Did you have anything special planned for dinner?” Amy asked as she gave Becky a hug as a hello greeting.

     “No, I was just going to use up some of the leftovers from yesterday.” Becky said as she hugged Amy back to welcome her home.

     “I’ll sort dinner out then Becky, so you can go and spend some extra time with Chrissy.” Amy said as she led Becky over to the kitchen door.

     “Are you sure Amy? I feel bad letting you sort out dinner after being at work all day.” Becky whined as she let Amy push her out the kitchen.

     “Well don’t worry about it sis. Just look after them, and Chrissy.” Amy smiled as she gave Becky a little push towards the stairs after patting her belly and the bump that she had.

    Becky turned back to face Amy and gave her a quick hug before heading off to go find Chrissy and have a cuddle in bed for a couple of hours.

    Chrissy smiled when she saw Becky enter the bedroom and slip out of her bathrobe before climbing into bed and cuddling up to Chrissy.

     “Amy’s going to sort out dinner, so she said I should come and take care of you.” Becky said with a smile in her voice.

     “Remind me to give Amy an extra hug later for doing this.” Chrissy said with a sigh as she cuddled back into Becky a little more.

    Chrissy and Becky were soon drifting off to sleep. Becky thought she’d have trouble sleeping because she’d been asleep most the afternoon, but cuddling up to Chrissy always relaxed her enough to sleep some more, so they were soon lost in their own dreams.


*****

    Amy had sorted out some potatoes and put them in the oven to bake while Mandy had gone up to take a shower and change out of her work clothes. Amy was going to wait and go for her shower when Amber got home. Amy was sat at the kitchen table looking through the catalogue that Becky had been looking at, she was trying to work out what she and Amber could get Debbie’s new baby boy as a gift. Becky was going to order it online, and then go to the shop and pick it all up tomorrow with Brad’s help while the others were at work.

    Mandy came back down stairs in her bathrobe, not bothering to get dressed again after her shower. She pulled out the seat next to Amy and joined her as they looked at all the different things you could buy for a baby boy. Mandy got a note pad and then started making a list of first, second and third choices for the two of them, and she added the items that Becky had put stars next to in the catalogue. Becky had put a one, two and three next to each star, so Mandy knew which choice was which.

    Amy jumped up to greet her wife when she saw Amber walk into the room. Amber was always eager to let Amy know just how much she loved her as they hugged each other and started kissing.

    Once they stopped saying “hello” in their own special way, Amy led Amber over to the table and sat her down before she showed her what they would be getting for Debbie’s new baby. Amy had also found a couple of bits to get for Tiffany as well.

     “Do you like the things I’ve picked out?” Amy asked all excited.

     “I couldn’t have picked out anything better myself.” Amber smiled back at her.

    Jayden was the next one to arrive home; she’d been dropped off by one of the cars for the hotel due to Ann not being at work today. Mandy was charged with helping her pick out something for the new baby because Amy and Amber were just heading up to take a shower together.

     “You don’t have to buy anything Jayden.” Mandy said just after Amy and Amber had left the kitchen and Amy had given Jayden the order to find something in the catalogue. “You’ve only met Debbie a couple of times, and that wasn’t for very long each time.” Mandy added with a smile.

     “I’d like to buy the new baby something Mandy.” Jayden smiled as she took a seat at the table, so Mandy could point out what the others were getting. “I’ve never had many people to buy gifts for.” Jayden added with a sad tone to her voice as she started looking through the catalogue.

     “I can’t imagine how hard it must have been growing up without parents, or any sort of real family.” Mandy said as she tried to think about her life growing up, if she hadn’t had her mum. Mandy’s dad had died while she was very young, so she didn’t really remember him that well. Her mum had never shown any interest in anyone else until Frank asked her out, but she was glad to see her mum in love again. Mandy liked Frank, and hoped that she might get to call him dad one day.

     “I won’t say it’s something you learn to live with; because it’s more something you just have to deal with.” Jayden said with a shrug. “I got through it, and I’m making up for not having a family now.” Jayden added with a grin.

     “You may be wishing you’re hadn’t by the time we get to Christmas.” Mandy giggled.

     “That’s never going to happen Mandy.” Jayden said with a shocked look. “I’m looking forward to spoiling you all.” Jayden added with a big grin.

     “Well I hope you don’t mind if we do the same for you then?” Mandy asked with a raised eyebrow.

     “It sounds like it’s going to be tough, but I think I can live with it.” Jayden said with a pained sigh, just before she started giggling again.

    By the time Amber and Amy got back down stairs, Jayden had picked out three things for Debbie’s new baby, and also picked out a couple of things for Tiffany, Debbie’s little girl who she’d met just before meeting Callum’s mum.

    Amy let out a sigh of relief when she saw Ann and Brad walk into the kitchen. Ann had said they would both be back home in time for dinner, but Amy also knew that it wouldn’t be the first time they never showed up. Amy had put a couple of extra large potatoes in the oven for Brad, and she didn’t want to waste them if they didn’t turn up.

     “I hope you brought your appetite with you big brother?” Amy asked with a grin, she was already getting use to being able to call Brad that.

     “I always bring my appetite with me baby sister.” Brad grinned back at her as he took a seat at the table and pulled Ann down onto his knee.

    Ann soon found herself being forced to look through the catalogue and pick out something for the baby. She looked at Brad for some help, and he seemed to have a better idea of what to look for than Ann did. Ann was both a little shocked by it, and also very proud that Brad could talk about baby things. They soon had their items added to the list.

    Mandy took the list and then went to her home office to log on to the website for the shop, so she could place the order and make sure they had it all in stock ready for Brad and Becky going there tomorrow to collect it all. Mandy had a thought as she was placing the order, so she checked to see if there was a shop close to where Chrissy’s old house was, and she found there was, so she placed the order with that shop and sorted out to have it all delivered on the Wednesday afternoon while they were all there visiting. Mandy also ordered everyone’s first, second and third items because she thought they all looked cute or practical, depending on what they had picked out. Mandy used the debit card they used for the house keeping money, so it was being paid for by all of them that way. Once that was all done, she returned to the kitchen to tell the others.

     “You and Becky are off the hook tomorrow Brad.” Mandy said as she sat down at the table again.

     “Did they not have any of the things we found for them?” Amy asked with a whine.

     “Yes they had it all Amy, but I’ve ordered it from a local shop to Debbie, and they will deliver it Wednesday afternoon for us.” Mandy smiled. “I also ordered all the items we picked. I used the house keeping money account, so don’t worry about working out who owes what.” Mandy added with grin.

     “It’s a good job Debbie moved into Chrissy’s mum’s old house then.” Amy giggled. “That’s allot of stuff you’ve just brought.”

     “What’s the point of having money if you don’t get to spend it?” Mandy asked still grinning.

    They all agreed with Mandy and smiled as they thought about the look on Debbie and Vin’s face on Wednesday when a truck pulls up outside the house full of stuff for Tiffany and the new baby.

    Amy went up to call Chrissy and Becky when the baked potatoes were close to being ready, so they had time to wake up and then come down to eat. She poked her head around the bedroom door and saw a lump under the covers that she knew was Chrissy and Becky, so she walked over to the bed and looked down at the two of them still fast asleep cuddled up to each other. Amy really didn’t want to wake them as they both looked like angels as they slept, but they needed to eat before getting ready for work, so with a sigh Amy gave Becky’s shoulder a little shake.

     “Becky, Becky, it’s time to wake up. Dinner will be on the table in ten minutes.” Amy said in a low voice. Not wanting to wake Chrissy. Amy wanted Becky to have that honour.

    Becky’s eyes fluttered open when she felt someone shaking her shoulder, and then she heard Amy’s soft voice talking to her. “Thanks Amy, I’m awake now.” Becky said with a sleepy smile as she saw Amy come into focus.

     “I’ll see you down stairs in a bit then.” Amy smiled back just before she left the room to go and help Amber finish sorting out dinner. Amy found Jayden helping Amber when she got back down stairs, and they soon had everything laid out on the table.

    Becky lay with Chrissy still wrapped in her arms for a couple more minutes, and then she moved her hand and started playing with one of Chrissy’s nipples. Becky knew this always woke Chrissy up in a good mood. It worked, and Chrissy was soon turning over to face Becky with a smile on her face. “Hi baby.” Becky smiled.

     “Hello.” Chrissy said with a sleepy smile on her face just before leaning over to kiss Becky.

    Becky let Chrissy kiss her, but stopped her hands when Chrissy wanted to take it a lot further. “I’m sorry my love, but Amy woke me and said that dinner was on the table.”

     “Can’t we stay up here and just feast on each other?” Chrissy asked with a pout, but already knowing the answer before Becky told her.

     “As good as that sounds, we better not upset Amy by not going down for dinner.” Becky gave Chrissy another quick kiss just before slipping out of bed and running off into the bathroom.

    Chrissy waited for Becky to finish before going herself, and then they put on their bathrobes and went down for dinner.

    Mandy filled Chrissy and Becky in on what she’d done with the baby stuff they were getting while they ate dinner. Chrissy was happy to hear that Becky wouldn’t be wandering around a baby shop without her, and also that Becky wouldn’t be doing anything to strenuous either.

    Chrissy and Becky ran off back up stairs to get ready for work once they had finished dinner. They could head off to the club as soon as they were ready, due to Brad being the one to drive them into work, and not Vicky tonight.

    Brad was just saying goodbye to Ann when Chrissy and Becky came back down dressed ready for work, so they said goodbye to everyone as well before walking out to Brad’s truck, so he could lift them both up into it. The girl’s all waved to them as they pulled out the drive and then vanished out of sight.

    The club wasn’t as busy as it had been on Friday and Saturday, so Chrissy and Becky got to spend most the night walking round together. Chrissy had a trouble free night, and Becky’s bottom stayed a hand free zone, apart from when Chrissy rested her hand on it. Becky was wondering if Chrissy kept putting her hand on it to stop others from getting any funny ideas. Either way Becky didn’t mind her doing it.

    Vicky drove them home at the end of the night, just before she went home to crawl into bed with Jenna for a couple of hours sleep.

    Becky and Chrissy went to the kitchen and made themselves a hot chocolate before heading up to bed for some sleep and cuddles. They did finally do both of them things, but not before Chrissy picked up and carried on from where they left of just before dinner though.

 

To Be Continued Soon  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
180 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thanks Sammi for helping me post my story :)

I just want to take a break from writing, so I could say thank you to Sammi for helping me keep adding to my story with her Proofing and posting skills. *hugs* Without her help I wouldn't be able to keep adding to my story, and none of you would be able to read about the lastest trouble Chrissy and the gang have gotten into.
I'd also like to thank everyone that has taken the time to ready my work. and a very special thank you to all those that have even taken the time to leave a comment as well :)
I do love to share my story with you all, but it's nice to read a comment when someone has really enjoyed it.
Once again I thank you all, and now I'll get back to my writing.
Hugs and Love

SaraUK

Thank you Sara

For this wonderful story I can't tell ya how much I look forward to seeing new chapters of this wonderful story posted. So thank you again for writing this an for sharing it with us all.

Way to go Brad

I have a feeling there will be a lot of weddings in the near future.

Chrissy just has to get a new nickname after her little run-in. Apparently Chrissy is still saving people without even realizing it as Sam now has a job.

I wonder if that thread about the credit card thieves will come back into the lives of our gang, say if they use it at Mandy and Chrissy's shop.

Thank you Sara. I love this bunch of characters.

Kim

Something Tells Me That Stephen Adams

jengrl's picture

PICT0013_1_0.jpg is in on the credit card thefts. Callum talked about him flashing more money than someone in his position should have. He was also in the hotel dining room at the same time Jaden and Callum were having lunch. I'm wondering if Callum should be checking to see if he has been ripped off. I think the sleazeball may know that he is Cara and is planning a blackmail scheme of some sort. He is just being too nice to Callum and is clearly up to no good!

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

The Wait Staff May Remember Him

The wait staff may remember him (and the name he used) because of the dust up with Callum and Jayden. We should find out next time.

Great story as usual,

Great story as usual, looking forward to seeing how things go visiting Debbie and how Callums mom gets on with Kara.

Thanks for sharing

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 24 By SaraUK

Nothing like a barbecue for gathering together family and friends to help sort out any problems in the making.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine