You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 36

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Three

By SaraUK

 

Part 36

Chapter 85

    Chrissy woke and had to giggle when she saw that Becky had fallen asleep with her fake freckles still on her face. This soon had Becky opening her eyes and looking at Chrissy with a puzzled look.

     “What’s so funny babe?” Becky asked in a sleepy voice.

     “We never cleaned off our makeup last night before coming to bed.” Chrissy giggled some more, but suddenly stopped and looked at the time when she realised that the babies never woke them up. Chrissy turned over to check the baby monitor and realised that it wasn’t there anymore.

     “What happened to the monitor?” Chrissy shouted as she jumped out of bed and ran out the room to go and check on the babies before Becky had time to answer her.

    Chrissy ran into the nursery to find both cots empty, so she turned to leave the room and head down stairs and see if they were down there with her mum, or Amy and Amber. She came to a sudden stop when she ran into a sleepy looking Becky stood in the doorway stopping her from leaving the room.

     “Calm down Chrissy.” Becky said as she put her arms up and grabbed Chrissy by the shoulders. “I spoke with Amy and Amber while you were out yesterday, and we decided that you would be tired when you got home last night, so we thought it would be nice if they took over baby watch for one night while you got a good night’s sleep.” Becky added in a calming voice as she pulled a worried Chrissy into a hug with her.

     “Why didn’t you tell me last night when we came to bed?” Chrissy whined.

     “I knew how worried you would be, and you never would have slept if I’d told you that the baby monitor had been taken up to Amy and Amber’s room.” Becky said as she kept hugging Chrissy. “Now come back to our room so we can get ready to go down and have a swim before breakfast.” Becky added as she broke the hug and walked Chrissy back to their room so they could put their swimsuits on.


*****

    Holly was just in the kitchen making a start on breakfast when she saw Chrissy and Becky walk into the kitchen.

     “There are my little beauties!” Chrissy cooed as she ran across the room to the two highchairs with Andrew and Lauren sat in them looking happy as they munched on a thin stick of toast each.

    Andrew and Lauren both started giggling and squealing when they saw their mummies enter the room. They held out their arms wanting to be picked up and hugged.

     “I thought Amy and Amber were looking after them mum?” Chrissy asked as she pulled Andrew out his highchair, while Becky did the same with Lauren.

     “They have been dear, but I said I’d keep an eye on them while they went for a swim.” Holly said as she walked over and gave each of her daughters a kiss on the cheek. “Why don’t you go and have your swim, while I sort out feeding these two for you?” Holly asked as she tapped Andrew on the nose and made him giggle even more.

     “Are you sure you don’t mind mum?” Chrissy asked as she handed Andrew back to her mum so she could place him back in the highchair so she could feed him. Becky put Lauren back in her highchair at the same time.

     “Yes I’m sure, now go and have a swim before breakfast is ready.” Holly said as she playfully slapped Chrissy on the bottom, hitting her right where Frank had shot her the day before.

    Chrissy let out a squeal that made Andrew and Lauren giggle even more as they watched their mum jumping around in some pain.

     “I didn’t hit you that hard, so stop being such a baby about it.” Holly scolded her.

     “I think you just slapped her where she got shot with a paintball yesterday.” Becky said as she watched Chrissy jumping around as she rubbed her bottom.

     “Someone shot you in the backside?” Holly asked with some worry in her voice. “Let me take a look right now young lady.” Holly said as she stopped Chrissy and made her turn around and pick up her bathrobe.

     “It looks worse than it really is mum, so don’t worry about it.” Chrissy said as she tried to stop her mum, but with little success as her mum just carried on bending down to take a look at her daughter’s bottom.

    Holly was shocked when she saw the angry bluish/purple bruise on Chrissy left butt cheek. “Have you put any cream on this yet Chrissy?” Holly asked looking worried as she stood up again.

     “No, not yet, but I will later. I’ll get Becky to do it for me, so you know I’ll do it.” Chrissy said as she just wanted to get out and have a swim before her mum had her in bed all bandaged up. Chrissy knew her mum loved to play nurse when someone even looked sick.

     “You make sure you do Becky, or there will be big trouble.” Holly warned as she pointed a finger at the two girls.

     “You can trust me to keep a close eye on Chrissy while she’s ill mum.” Becky said as she kissed Holly on the cheek just before dragging Chrissy away to go and have a swim before they ate breakfast.

    Amy and Amber were both swimming lengths in the pool when Chrissy and Becky got there. “Hi sis! How was the stag day?” Amy asked when she saw Chrissy just about to dive in the pool.

    Chrissy dived in and then came up and wiped the wet hair out of her eyes and swam over to Amy and Amber before she answered. Becky had also dived in and swam over with her.

     “It all went really well, and I had a great time learning to drive a Go-Kart and then paintballing as well, but I did get shot in the bottom by someone while I was there.” Chrissy giggled as she turned and tried to show Amy and Amber the bruise.

     “Ouch! That looks painful sis.” Amy said as she could see it quite well, even under the water.

     “It wasn’t hurting to bad until mum just playfully slapped me on it.” Chrissy giggled some more. Then she changed the subject, so she could try and forget about her bottom. “Thanks for looking after the babies for us last night. I hope they weren’t any trouble for you?” Chrissy asked as she gave Amy and Amber a hug to thank them properly.

     “No, they slept the whole night straight through.” Amy pouted. “I was hoping to play mummy and feed them through the night.” She whined.

     “Sounds about right for it.” Becky frowned. “We finally find someone to look after the kids for a night, and the pair of them sleep straight through the night.” Becky added as she started swimming laps up and down the pool. Chrissy, Amy and Amber were soon doing the same as they raced each other.

    Once they had finished swimming they all took a quick shower to wash off the chemical smell before they made their way back to the dining room where Holly had set up the breakfast things for everyone.

     “I’m not sure I’ll ever get use to all these new changes to the house.” Amy grinned as they all walked to the dining room.

     “I love being able to take a swim in the morning before we have breakfast.” Chrissy said as she wrapped an arm around Amy’s waist and hugged her.

     “Me to sis.” Amy grinned as she rested her head on Chrissy’s shoulder as they walked along.

    Mandy and Carl were just walking up the hallway from the other part of the house as Chrissy, Amy, Amber and Becky were walking up the hallway from the new end of the house where the pool was. They all walked into the dining room together and found Jayden and Callum helping Holly to put the dishes of food on the table for everyone to help themselves to what they wanted.

    Andrew and Lauren were both sat in their highchairs giggling as Callum and Jayden walked past pulling silly faces at them. Chrissy and Becky were soon running over and pulling them out the highchairs so they could spend some time with them. Mandy and Chrissy had decided to take the day off from the shop, so Chrissy had the day to recover from her busy day the day before.

     “How did Ann do with her pole dancing act?” Amy asked as they sat eating their breakfast. “Did Brad work out it was her in the devil costume?” Amy giggled.

     “She was amazing on that pole, and Brad never had a clue it was Ann until she whispered in his ear.” Chrissy giggled. “He even asked her to stop before he realised who it was.” Chrissy added looking proud of Brad.

     “What about after he knew who it was?” Amber asked with a grin.

     “Brad couldn’t keep his hands off her then.” Chrissy giggled some more. “Last I saw of them was them getting in a car and heading off to the hotel so Ann could show Brad the strip show part of her act.” Chrissy giggled some more.

    Chrissy, Carl and Callum filled them in on the details of the day, leaving out the part about Chrissy showing the asshole at the pub/restaurant that he shouldn’t have messed with her. Then Becky, Mandy and Jayden helped to fill in the details of what happened at the night club later on in the evening.

     “Thanks for breakfast mum.” Chrissy smiled as she got up and walked over to her mum and gave her a hug as she kissed her on the cheek.

     “You’re welcome dear.” Holly smiled as she hugged Chrissy back. “Do you want me to help you change the babies before I make a start on the dishes? Holly asked as she went to get up from the table.

     “You relax for a bit Holly. Callum and I will sort out the dishes for you.” Carl said as he got up from the table and made a start on clearing away the dishes with some help from Callum, Mandy and Jayden.

     “Amber and I will take the twins up and get them changed while you sit and spend some time talking to mum sis.” Amy said as she took Andrew off Chrissy while Amber took Lauren off Becky, just before they left the room to go and get them changed.

     “They both love them little babies you know?” Holly said just after they watched Amy and Amber leave the room.

     “It’s nice to have people around to help look after the babies mum, but I feel bad when I see them leaving the room with anyone but me.” Chrissy said with a sigh.

     “I feel the same way my love, but we have to let them get use to spending time with other people, so they don’t get to clingy.” Becky pointed out.

     “So what do the two of you have planned for today then?” Holly asked, trying to take Chrissy’s mind off the fact that she had just let Amy and Amber leave the room with her babies.

     “I thought we might take a walk to the cemetery and see dad, do you want to come with us for a walk mum?” Chrissy asked looking hopeful.

     “That sounds like a great idea.” Holly said with a smile. “I trust that we will go via the high street so we can buy some flowers to leave on his grave?” Holly asked.

     “Of cause mum. Dad would never forgive me if I didn’t have flowers for him.” Chrissy said looking shocked at what her mum had just said, but she did start grinning, so Holly knew she was playing with her.

     “What time do you want to go out?” Holly asked.

    I thought we could go out about eleven, then we could call in somewhere for a spot of lunch after.” Chrissy offered.

     “We better go and see about getting ready then.” Holly said as she got up and went into the kitchen to make sure that Carl and the other were doing a good job in her kitchen.

    Chrissy and Becky just giggled as they heard Holly telling Callum that he needed to dry something better before putting it away. They all knew that Holly had claimed the kitchen as being hers, and they were all happy to let her have it, just as long as they got to help her cook the meals and clean up after.

     “Shall we go and take a proper shower and get ready to leave then?” Becky asked as she got up and pulled Chrissy to her feet at the same time.

    Chrissy just smiled as she let Becky lead her back up to their new bedroom, so they could get showered and dressed.

    Amy and Amber were playing with the twins in the nursery facing Chrissy and Becky’s room so they popped their heads in to see if the twins were behaving themselves.

     “We’re going to take a walk up to the cemetery and leave some flowers on dad’s grave, and I was just wondering if you wanted to join us?” Chrissy asked as she watched Amy blowing raspberry’s on Andrew’s naked belly as he kept giggling at her.

     “You can count the two of us in.” Amy said with a grin, just before she started pulling funny faces at Andrew and then Lauren.

     “We’ll be going out at eleven!” Chrissy shouted just before she started giggling at just how funny the twins found their Aunty Amy.

     Mandy and Carl were going out to carry on planning their wedding, while Callum and Jayden were going over to the hotel. Well Kara and Jayden were going to the hotel. Kara had become quite the work-a-holic since Carl gave her the new job of overseeing the changing service. Cathy and the others were happy with the way she had stepped in and got everything running so smoothly. Jayden didn’t need to go to the hotel, but she just loved spending time with Callum/Kara.

    Chrissy, Becky, Amy, Amber, Holly and the twins were the last to leave the house, so they armed the alarm system and locked up as they left the house and walked off up the road. Chrissy and Becky walked with Holly while Amy and Amber pushed the twins along in the double buggy. It was a sunny day, but still a little cold for the time of year, so they had the twins well wrapped up so they kept warm.

     “How are you feeling mum? Are you still happy to be in charge of the kitchen?” Chrissy asked as they walked along.

     “I’m fine dear, and I love playing around in the kitchen.” Holly said with a grin.

     “I’m worried about you mum. You’ve seemed a little sad since dad died.” Chrissy said looking worried.

     “I still miss your dad like crazy Chrissy, but I’m doing okay.” Holly smiled as she wrapped an arm around Chrissy and hugged her from the side. “That’s why I like to keep busy in the kitchen and looking after the babies when Amy and Amber will let me.” Holly added with a giggle as she watched Amy doing some silly dance for the twins just in front of them.

     “I’m beginning to wonder whether or not Amy is a good role model for the twins though mum.” Chrissy giggled as she also watched Amy making a fool of herself with a silly dance she was still doing.

     “She does keep them both entertained though.” Holly giggled some more.

    They had soon walked up to the high street where they brought some flowers to leave on Greg’s grave. Then they made their way to the cemetery to leave the flowers and tell Greg the latest gossip.

    Chrissy, Becky, Amy and Amber all stood and waited for Holly to clear away the old flowers and put the new ones in their place before they stepped closer to say hello to Greg. They all spent the next hour talking to Greg’s headstone and telling him what the twins had been up to, and how much fun Chrissy had had the day before sorting out Brad’s stag day out.

    As they left the cemetery, they made their way to a family pub and ordered some drinks and food. They all carried on having a chat as they ate, then they made their way home so Becky could grab a couple of hours sleep before she had to get ready to head into work with Vicky when she came to pick up her and Carla.


*****

    Ann and Brad were at home when Chrissy and the others got back later in the afternoon, so Amy started grilling them about the day and night before.

     “So what did you think to my big sisters pole dancing skills then bro?” Amy asked with a giggle as she ran over to give her sister a hug when they found them sat in the living room relaxing on one of the sofas.

     “It was almost as good as her stripping, but I’m not saying any more than that baby sister.” Brad said just before he started to tickle Amy as he pulled her off Ann’s knee onto his own.

    Chrissy, Becky and Holly left Amy and Amber in the living room with Ann and Brad while they took the twins up for a nap in their cots.

     “I trust that you and Becky will be okay putting Andrew and Lauren down while I go and take a nap myself?” Holly asked as they got to the nursery door.

     “Sure mum, but is everything alright?” Chrissy asked looking worried for her mum as she gave her a hug with one arm while she held Lauren in the other.

     “I’m fine dear, just a little tired after visiting with your father.” Holly said with a smile, but it didn’t reach her eyes, so Chrissy knew that she was upset after seeing the grave again.

     “Well don’t worry about rushing down to sort out dinner mum; me and the others will cook tonight while you relax for once.” Chrissy said as she stopped hugging her mum so Becky could give her a hug.

     “I’ll be fine after a quick nap Chrissy.” Holly moaned.

     “That may be so mum, but you can still have a night off from cooking.” Chrissy said in a bossy voice. “We’ll let you help look after the twins while we sort out dinner though.” She added with a grin.

     “Okay then, I can live with that deal.” Holly giggled as she kissed a sleepy looking Andrew on the forehead before she did the same with Lauren, then she made her way down to her room to lie down.

    Chrissy and Becky put the twins in their cots and then sat with them until they fell asleep, then they went to their room and grabbed the baby monitor before going down stairs to sit and chat with the others for a bit.

     “Are the twins asleep?” Amber asked as she saw Chrissy and Becky enter the room and take a seat on one of the sofas.

     “Yes, they were out like a light as soon as we put them in their cots.” Becky said as she sat down and pulled Chrissy down onto her knee so they could cuddle.

     “Oh why I think about it, I need to have a word with you all about a birthday party we’ll be sorting out in a couple of weeks.” Chrissy said as she remembered about the Tinkerbell themed party she’d agreed to sort out for Dan’s little girl.

     “I didn’t think we’d got a birthday party to sort out for a couple of month’s sis?” Amy said with a puzzled look.

     “We hadn’t until I spoke with Dan Jacobs yesterday.” Chrissy told them. “I found out that he has a daughter called Penny, she’ll be six in a couple of weeks and he asked if I could help him plan a birthday party.” Chrissy added.

     “Dan lost his wife a couple of years back. A drunk driver knocked her down as she was crossing the road. I think his mum helps him look after Penny now.” Becky said.

     “The poor thing.” Amy said as she put her hands up to her face looking upset. “Growing up without a mother to show her everything she needs to know.” Amy added as Amber pulled her into a hug.

     “I’ve told him that I’ll cover the cost of the party, so he can spend more money on his little girl.” Chrissy smiled. “I hope you don’t mind helping me sort it all out?” Chrissy asked.

     “Count me in sis.” Amy said as she sat up with a determined look on her face.

     “You know you can count on me to help out baby.” Becky smiled as she pulled Chrissy a little closer into a hug with her.

     “You know that I never turn down a chance to be at a birthday party.” Amber giggled.

     “I’d love to help Chrissy, but Brad and I will be on our honeymoon when you have the party.” Ann pouted.

     “We understand that Ann, but know that you’d be there helping out if you could be.” Chrissy smiled. “Lucky it’s a Tinkerbell theme, so we have all the stuff we need, but I did say we’d meet with Dan’s mum to talk things over with her.” Chrissy added.

    All the girls knew Dan from the club, and they all liked him a lot, but Amy and Amber didn’t know about him losing his wife until now, and they never knew he had a daughter either. Chrissy grabbed a note pad and then sorted out a list of things they would need to do, then they would add to it once they had spoke with Dan’s mum.

     “When will we be meeting his mum to talk about the party?” Amy asked.

     “I thought we could meet her on Wednesday, as we will all be off anyway.” Chrissy shrugged as she looked at the others. “I’ll call Dan later and see if we can meet up for lunch while Penny is at school, so we can keep it as a total surprise.” Chrissy added with a grin.

     The others all loved the idea and were looking forward to giving the little girl a birthday to remember.

    Ann was having trouble keeping her eyes open, and Brad wasn’t doing much better, so they both got up and decided to go and lie down on the bed for a bit before dinner.

     “I’m sorry, but we didn’t get much sleep last night, so Brad and I will see you all later.” Ann said with a grin as she let Brad lead her out the room. All the others just giggled as they watched them leave.

     “I’ll come and give you a call when dinner is ready, if you haven’t come back down by then sis!” Amy shouted to them.

     “Thanks baby sister!” Ann shouted back.

    This just left Chrissy, Becky, Amy and Amber sat in the living room looking at each other, but Chrissy soon noticed that Amy and Amber were looking at each other and seemed to be talking with their eyes.

     “Is everything okay between you two?” Chrissy finally asked.

     “You may as well tell them then now.” Amber said with a slight growl to her voice, as she looked a little upset with Amy for something.

     “She has a right to be the first to hear it baby.” Amy whined as she looked at Amber. “I wouldn’t be here now if it wasn’t for Chrissy.” She added with a pout.

     “I know that my love, but I thought we would just tell everyone tonight at dinner.” Amber said just before she pulled Amy close to her for a kiss.

     “What’s going on between the two of you?” Chrissy asked looking worried.

     “Amber and I have decided to try for a baby.” Amy said with a grin, just before she started screaming and giggling as she started bouncing up and down in her seat as she clapped her hands together.

    Chrissy and Becky were soon jumping up and running around the coffee table to give them hugs. Anyone would think they were already pregnant with the way they were carrying on. Once they calmed down, Becky sat and explained what she’d had to do with Prue, and the first thing they would need to do is have a word with Prue and get things moving forward.

     “Why don’t we invite mum and Frank over for dinner tonight, so you can tell everyone, and also have a word with Mum and she can get you booked in for the tests?” Becky said as she looked at the other three.

     “That sounds like a great idea Bec’s.” Amy said as she grabbed her mobile off the coffee table and made the call.

    Prue and Frank both agreed to come for dinner, even with Amy not giving any real reason other than they missed seeing them both. Chrissy, Becky and Amber all thought that Prue must have some idea that something was going on because Amy was almost as bad as Chrissy when it came to lying or trying to keep a secret from someone.

    The girls all went to the kitchen and set to work on sorting out dinner. Chrissy took the baby monitor with them so they knew when the babies woke up. The babies slept really well and didn’t wake until dinner was almost ready. Chrissy and Amy went up to get them and also let the other’s know that dinner would be ready in half an hour.

     “You don’t think mum will turn us down do you sis?” Amy asked as they headed up to the nursery to sort out the twins.

     “No, not unless Amber wanted to try and do it without you knowing about it.” Chrissy giggled as she thought about all the trouble she and Becky had trying it that way.

     “Never going to happen sis.” Amy giggled with excitement. “I love Andrew and Lauren so much sis, but I just want to have one of my own to look after.” Amy added as she hugged one of Chrissy’s arms and kissed her on the cheek.

     “What was that for baby sister?” Chrissy asked.

     “A thank you for just being you sis.” Amy grinned.

    They reached the nursery and Andrew was just starting to sound grumpy, so Chrissy walked over and picked him up out his cot. “Hello little man. Do you need a nappy change?” Chrissy asked as she rocked him back and forth. Chrissy could smell that he needed changing so she took him over to the changing mat and set to work while Amy did the same with Lauren.

     “I hope you’ll still have time for your niece and nephew when you have your own little one to look after?” Chrissy asked as she looked over at Amy using the second changing mat.

     “I’ll always have time for my little niece and nephew sis.” Amy said in a shocked tone as she looked down at Lauren‘s giggling face. “Your mummy thinks I won’t have time for you, how silly is she?” Amy cooed as she pulled a funny face at Lauren.

    Lauren just started to giggled as she watched Amy place a clean diaper under her bottom, then she decided to pee all over it, which made her giggle even more as she watched Amy start flapping around.

    Chrissy found it hard to keep a straight face as she watched Amy in a flap, but she soon stopped giggling when she had to dodge a line of pee that Andrew decided to let loose. Chrissy hadn’t yet grabbed a clean diaper though, so she just grabbed a towel and soaked up the puddle he’d made.

     “I know they say that twins do everything together, but don’t you think this is taking it a little too far?” Amy asked as she got Lauren cleaned up again before placing a clean diaper under her for the second time.

     “You still sure you want one of your own baby, sister?” Chrissy asked with a giggle.

     “Yes, more than ever big sister.” Amy beamed.

     “Is there something you need to tell us young lady?” A familiar voice said from just behind them. Both girls turned their heads to see Holly stood in the doorway smiling at them. “Talk of having babies, does this mean you’re expecting?” Holly asked as she walked over to them while taking a look at Amy’s belly.

    Amy saw Holly look down at her belly and she felt a pang of pain that she would never know the feeling of having a little life grow inside her. She went to hide the pain from showing on her face, but it was too late, the look on Holly’s face said that she understood what a silly thing she’d just said.

     “Oh god Amy, I’m so sorry.” Holly said as she ran the last couple of feet and wrapped her arms around Amy. “I can be such an idiot at times, I just forget that either of you were ever not female.” She added with some worry in her voice.

     “I don’t mind mum, it’s kind of nice that you forget that I was a man made woman.” Amy said as she let Holly hug her. “You do look half asleep still as well.” Amy added with a giggle when she broke the hug and saw the sleepy look Holly still had.

     “Sorry, but I heard the babies giggling and I wasn’t sure if anyone else had heard it, so I rushed in to check on them.” Holly looked down at the twins lying on their backs still giggling on their changing mats.

     “The twins were just having a formation peeing display.” Chrissy giggled as she picked up Andrew now he had his clean diaper on.

     “Did my little solder try to wet his mummy?” Holly asked as she took Andrew off Chrissy while she spoke to him. “I really am sorry Amy, am I forgiven?” Holly asked as she looked at Amy with some pleading in her voice.

     “Nothing to be forgiven for mum. I’m flattered that you forget that I can’t have babies of my own.” Amy smiled as she picked up Lauren and kissed her on the cheek, making the little girl giggle some more.

     “I think the whole world would think me mad if I told them that either of you weren’t born this way.” Holly giggled as she looked Chrissy and Amy up and down. “So what was the talk of having your own baby then?” Holly asked with a grin.

    Amy looked a little sheepish for a couple of seconds before she finally spoke. “Amber and I are going to have a word with Prue, and see if we can try for a baby using some of the frozen sperm she has belonging to me.”

     “That’s wonderful Amy.” Holly beamed as she hugged Amy with her free arm. “I hope you’ll let me babysit for you while you and Amber go out places?” she asked while they hugged.

     “You’ll be top of the list mum.” Amy giggled. “But we still have a long way to go before we get to that point.” Amy added.

     “No one knows yet mum, so can you keep it a secret until Amy and Amber has told everyone at dinner later?” Chrissy asked. “We’ve invited Prue and Frank over for dinner, so Amy and Amber can have a word with our other mum about getting some wheels in motion.” Chrissy added with a grin.

     “Your secret is safe with me dear.” Holly said with a smile.

    They got some clothes on Andrew and Lauren again and then made their way down to see if the others needed any help with dinner.

    Becky had just put a roast back in the oven after checking it when she saw Chrissy walk into the kitchen with Andrew in her arms. “There’s my little man.” She said as she ran over and took him out Chrissy’s arms and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

    Lauren was soon reaching out to get a hug from her other mummy as well when she saw Andrew getting one. Becky handed Andrew back to Chrissy and then stepped over to take Lauren from Amy so she could give her a kiss on the cheek.

     “Well they really know who their mums are don’t they?” Amber giggled as she watched Chrissy and Becky passing the babies back and forth.

    Everyone started arriving home just then. Jayden and Kara entered the kitchen to let everyone know they were home. Then Mandy and Carl arrived five minutes later followed by Ann and Brad coming back down from their room after catching up on some sleep. Amy ran off to get the front door when she heard the bell. This took a little longer now due to the larger size of the house.

     “Hi mum, hi dad.” Amy giggled as she opened the front door and saw Prue and Frank stood there smiling at her. Amy had taken up calling Frank dad in a hope that it might force him into finally asking Prue to marry him, but so far it had just earned her a bunch of tickles from him instead.

     “Hello dear.” Prue said as she stepped into the house and gave Amy a hug.

     “Hello shrimp.” Frank chuckled as she gave Amy a hug and then started tickling her as he picked her up like she was a baby herself. Frank didn’t mind being called dad by any of the girls, so they had all started doing it once Amy started.

    They made their way back to the dining room and Amy left Prue and Frank talking to some of the others while she went to see if Amber, Chrissy and Becky needed any help in the kitchen. Holly and Mandy were keeping the twins entertained at the dining room table.

    Dinner was soon ready and they were all sat eating it and talking about different things when Prue turned to Amy. “Why do I get the feeling that there's a little more to me and Frank being invited to dinner than you just wanting to spend time with us?”

     “Was it that obvious?” Amy asked with a nervous giggle.

     “Yes it is dear little Amy.” Prue grinned. “So what is it you need to speak to me about?” she asked.

     “Amber and I think it’s time we tried for a baby of our own, and we want you to help us like you did Chrissy and Becky.” Amy said after taking a deep breath.

    Everyone around the table looked really happy for them both, but Amy and Amber were still sat looking at Prue, waiting for an answer.

     “You have both given this a lot of thought I trust?” Prue asked.

     “Yes we have mum.” Amber said with a grin as she took hold of Amy’s hand and smiled at her. “We want to give Andrew and Lauren a little friend to play with, so none of them ever feel alone growing up.” Amber added with a smile as she looked over at the twins in their highchairs being fed by Chrissy and Becky.

     “Okay then, I’ll make some calls tomorrow and get you booked in.” Prue said with a grin.

    Amy and Amber started grinning while the others all started clapping. Ann gave Amy a hug as she was sat on the other side of her to where Amber was sat. Brad gave Amy a pat on the back as he smiled at her.

    They were all sat eating desert a little later when Frank put his foot in it with Becky by asking Chrissy how her bottom was feeling.

     “I hope I didn’t hurt you yesterday to much Chrissy? I didn’t mean to hit you in the backside.” Frank said with a smirk. He soon lost the smirk though when he saw the look Becky gave him.

     “You were the one that shot my baby in the backside?!” Becky growled.

     “Way to go dad. I never said who shot me.” Chrissy groaned as she realised that Frank had just dropped her in it as well now.

     “I thought you said you didn’t know who shot you?” Becky asked turning on Chrissy now.

     “I just didn’t want you having a go at any of the guys from the club over it, so I told you a little lie.” Chrissy said in a timid voice. “It was no big deal; a lot of the guys got shot in a lot more places.” She argued.

     “I’m sorry Becky, I should have thought before I fired, but I just got caught up in the moment.” Frank said.

     “My poor little baby was nearly taken out of the game by someone aiming for little Brad.” Ann pouted as she cuddled up to Brad and put a hand under the table.

     “Hey! Less of the little. You’ll hurt his feelings.” Brad said just after he jumped a little bit from whatever Ann was doing to him under the table.

     “You mean that someone nearly shot you in the crown jewels?” Amber asked with a pained look on her face.

     “They got pretty close.” Brad said.

     “They must have been a crack shot to do that.” Amy said before she realised what she was saying. “I didn’t mean it like that Brad.” She suddenly added when she heard the others all start laughing.

     “Are you trying to insult my husband to be sis?” Ann asked with a grin when she saw Amy trying to slip under the table. “I’d also like to know how you would know such a thing?” She added with a giggle.

     “I don’t, and never want to sis.” Amy said with a cringe as Amber pulled her back up into a sitting position on her chair.

    Becky was still sat scowling at Frank for shooting Chrissy in the bottom while Amy and Ann were talking. Chrissy thought it looked like Becky was thinking of different ways she could hurt him, not that she stood much of a chance unless she used a baseball bat.

     “Please just let it go baby.” Chrissy whined as she pulled Becky into a hug with her and then turned her head around so she could kiss her. “If you must blame somebody, then blame me for lying to you about it all.” Chrissy added after they kissed.

     “I’m sure I can find some way to punish you for being a bad little girl.” Becky purred, all her anger gone. Frank let out a sigh of relief when he saw Becky smile.


*****

    Chrissy wasn’t sure if she’d wake Dan up if she called, so she was going to let Becky have a word with him at the club later in the evening. So they could find out if they could all meet up on Wednesday to sort out the details for his daughter’s birthday party.

    Becky and Carla were both ready and stood in the hallway saying goodbye to the others when Vicky turned up for them. Becky kissed Chrissy and then kissed Andrew and Lauren before leaving for the club. Frank had left with Brad a little earlier while Prue stopped to spend a little more time the Girl’s and the babies.

 

Chapter 86

    Becky had spoke with Dan while at the club on the Monday night, and they were now sat in a pub waiting for Dan and his mum to arrive, so they could talk about Dan’s daughter Penny’s birthday party. It was just Chrissy, Becky, Amy and Amber meeting them, as Mandy and Carl were busy looking at churches for them to have their wedding at.

    Chrissy was talking to Amy about their plans for Ann’s hen night on Saturday while they waited. “Is everything sorted out then for Saturday?”

     “Yes, I got us a large room booked at a new karaoke bar that’s opened up, so we can have some fun killing a few songs before we end up at the club so Brad can play strip-a-gram for Ann.” Amy giggled.

     “I can’t believe you talked Brad into being a strip-a-gram.” Becky giggled.

     “She’s even getting him to dress as a fireman as well.” Amber added just before she started giggling.

     “I’m looking forward to the karaoke though.” Chrissy said with a grin as she looked at Amy. Both girls loved singing along to the songs on the radio and then at the club while on the dance floor, but the thought of being able to get up on stage and sing along to the songs was something they were really looking forward to.

    They stopped talking when they saw Becky wave at Dan as he entered the pub with a women at his side, but she didn’t look old enough to be his mum.

     “Hi Boss. Sorry I’m late.” Dan said looking nervous as he saw the half finished glasses of cola the girls had on the table in front of them.

     “You’re not late Dan, and please call me Becky while we’re not at work. Becky said with a smile. “We got here early so we could get a good table.” She added as she offered Dan and the woman with him a seat at the table.

     “Couldn’t your mum make it Dan?” Chrissy asked as she looked at the woman sat next to him.

     “Yes, she’s right here.” Dan said with a puzzled look as he pointed to the woman. “Oh sorry, this is my mum. Mum this is Becky, Chrissy, Amy and Amber.” Dan added as he pointed to each girl in turn.

     “Hello dear’s, please call me Natasha.” The woman smiled. “He’s got a heart of gold, but very few manners.” She added with a giggle.

     “Hello Natasha, It’s nice to meet you.” Chrissy said as she held out her hand to shake Dan’s mums. Chrissy couldn’t help noticing how Natasha was giving her a good look over. She then did the same thing with Amy.

     “I’m sorry if this sounds a little cliché, but I thought you would look a little different.” Natasha said as she looked between Chrissy and Amy.

     “Jerry Springer has a lot to answer for.” Chrissy giggled.

     “I’m sorry; I didn’t mean it like that Chrissy.” Natasha said looking worried that she’d just upset her Son’s boss. “I didn’t know what to expect really, but you both look so beautiful.” She finally said, not knowing any other way to put it.

     “Don’t look so worried Natasha. Amy and I get that a lot when people find out what we use to be.” Chrissy smiled as she took hold of Natasha’s hand to calm her down again. “I must admit that you don’t look old enough to have a son of Dan’s age either.” Chrissy added as she looked at Dan and then Natasha again.

     “I was young when I had him, but I don’t regret a single second of it.” Natasha said with a loving smile as she tried to straighten out his hair for him.

     “Mum!” Dan whined as he tried to make her stop, just like a small child would do. This just made all the girls giggle as they watched her keep trying.

     “Why don’t you make yourself useful dear, and go get us some drinks.” Natasha told Dan. “What are you all drinking girls?” she asked the others.

     “We’re all drinking diet coke, but you don’t need to get us a drink Dan.” Becky said as she watched Dan get up from the table.

     “I’ll let you argue that out with my mum while I just go and do as I’m told.” Dan said with a frown that told Becky she would just be wasting her time even trying.

     “I see you’ve got him well trained then Natasha?” Chrissy asked with a giggle.

     “He’s a good kid, and he loves working at the club with Brad and Frank.” Natasha said with a smile as she watched him getting served at the bar. “I was hoping to see the two new additions to your family.” She added with a hurt look.

     “We would have brought them, but we wanted to have no distractions while we spoke about Penny’s birthday part.” Chrissy explained. “They will be at the wedding so you will see them there, and I’m looking forward to meeting little Penny at the same time.” Chrissy pointed out.

     “I’m sorry, but Penny and I haven’t been invited to the wedding as far as I’m aware.” Natasha said with a puzzled look.

     “Don’t be silly Natasha, the invite said Dan Jacobs and family, that would be you and Penny.” Chrissy said with a wave of the hand.

     “I’m still not sure we should be there Chrissy.” Natasha said looking worried. “Will there be any other children there for Penny to play with?” She asked.

     “Yes there will be at least two as I know of, and Penny will have fun with them.” Chrissy giggled as she thought of Cathleen and Kat. Chrissy got out her mobile and made a call to Brad so he could let Natasha hear it from him that he wanted her and Penny at the wedding.

     “Who you calling babe?” Becky asked as she looked at Chrissy playing with her phone before putting it to her ear.

     “I’m calling Brad and Ann to let Natasha know that she and Penny are expected to be at the wedding.” Chrissy said as she put the phone to her ear.

    Dan had walked back over to the table while Chrissy was waiting for Brad to answer is mobile. “Is everything alright?” He asked looking at Chrissy.

     “Yes, Chrissy is just getting Brad on the phone to let your mum know that she and Penny can come to the wedding.” Becky said as she started passing the drinks around that Dan had just put down on the table using a tray.

     “I’ve already told you that Brad and Ann wouldn’t mind you and Penny being at the wedding and the reception later in the day mum.” Dan said with a frown.

    They all stopped talking when they heard Chrissy start speaking to who they thought to be Brad on the other end of the phone. “Hi, don’t panic, everything is fine. They were looking very happy when we dropped them of at Mable’s with my mum earlier. Well if you give me chance to tell you.” Chrissy giggled. “Can you have a quick word with Natasha, Dan’s mum and let her know that she and Penny will be coming to the wedding, they seem to think they won’t be wanted there.” Chrissy added. She was soon passing her phone over to Natasha.

     “Hello?” Natasha asked, still not knowing if it was Brad on the other end of the phone.

     “Hi Natasha, Brad here. What’s all this I hear about you and Penny not being at the wedding?” Brad’s voice said on the other end of the phone.

     “I wasn’t sure you’d want Penny running around on your big day, so I was just going to babysit her while Dan came to see you tie the knot.” Natasha tried to explain.

     “Well that don’t work for me Natasha, so I want you to dust off your best dress and come to my wedding with little Penny in tow. Do I make myself clear?” Brad asked in a firm tone that left Natasha no other choice than to say yes.

     “Yes Brad, I’ll be there with Penny and Dan.” Natasha said, sounding just like a child that had been told off.

     “That’s better.” Brad chuckled. “How are you getting on with Chrissy and the others?” Brad asked sounding much happier now.

     “They’re so amazing Brad, and very pretty.” Natasha said as she started blushing when she saw them all look at her with a smile.

     “I’ve not met anyone who didn’t fall in love with Chrissy after meeting her.” Brad chuckled. “If you can pass the phone back to Chrissy now, I want to have a quick word with her before I hang up.” He added.

     “Okay, and thanks for inviting us again. Bye Brad.” Natasha said just before handing the phone back to Chrissy. “Brad wants a quick word with you Chrissy.” She added as Chrissy took the phone off her.

     “Hi again Brad, glad we got that sorted out.” Chrissy giggled. “What can I help you with?” She asked with a smile in her voice.

     “Thanks for letting me know about that baby sister. I’d hate to think they stayed away just because they thought we didn’t want kids running around.” Brad chuckled some more at the thought of the fun Chrissy and Amy would have playing with all the kids there. “I need you to help me out with something else though now Chrissy.” Brad added sounding all series again.

     “You know I will if I can bro.” Chrissy said with a grin. She thought it was cool being able to call Brad her brother.

     “I need you to make sure that Natasha and Penny have something nice to wear. Just let me know the cost if you need to help them out, and I will give you the money back.” Brad said.

     “Don’t worry about it Brad, I’ll get everything sorted out. I am the best man after all.” Chrissy giggled. “I’ll see you later back at home bro. Bye!” Chrissy added before ending the call so she could carry on sorting out the party with the others.

    Natasha was still sat looking at Chrissy in an odd way after she’d finished putting her phone away. “Did you really put some guy on the floor one night at the club when he touched Becky where he shouldn’t have?” Natasha finally asked, but still not believing it.

     “Yes I did.” Chrissy said looking guilty. “But he did touch my wife in a very rude way.” She added in her own defence.

     “Please don’t take this the wrong way Chrissy, but I find that very hard to believe looking at you.” Natasha said as she waved her hand up and down towards Chrissy’s body.

     “I was a little shocked when I reacted like I did on the night, but that man made me so mad that I wasn’t really thinking when I grabbed his hand to stop him.” Chrissy said with a little giggle. “I’ve learned to fight for the ones I love though.” She added as she looked at Becky while holding hands under the table.

     “I think you’re a very strong person Chrissy. I don’t think I could have lived the life you had to.” Natasha said with great respect for the young woman sat next to her.

     “I’m only as strong as the family I have around me.” Chrissy said looking very modest as she said it.

    Chrissy soon changed the topic back to Penny’s birthday and they got all the fine details sorted out as to the type of food Penny and her friends liked and the location of the party, which was going to be in one of the function rooms at the hotel. Carl was covering the cost of everything and leaving Chrissy and the others to sort out all the food and presents, just like he did for all the other parents that worked for him. Natasha and Dan were very impressed by the time it had all been explained to them.

     “If you can get us a list of parents that have children who would be coming to the party, then we can get the invites sorted and sent out.” Amy said as she passed Natasha a card with her Email address on for her to send the list to.

     “You’ll sort out the invites as well Amy?” Dan asked looking even more impressed now.

     “I don’t, but Amber will sort it out ready for us to print them out on some posh card and then get them out in the post to all of Penny’s friends.” Amy said as she cuddled up to Amber a little more.

     “Do you get out much Natasha?” Chrissy asked once they had finished talking about the birthday party.

     “No, not really. I spend all my time looking after Penny while Dan is at work in the evening, not that I mind.” Natasha smiled. “She’s such a loving child, but I can tell she misses her mother. I do my best, but I am just a little too old to keep up with all the latest fashions.” She added with a funny look on her face.

     “I was just wondering if you want to come out on Ann’s hen night with us this Saturday?” Chrissy asked with a grin.

     “As nice as that would be Chrissy, I have Penny to look after while Dan goes to work, but thank you for asking me.” Natasha said with a warm smile.

     “What if we could find a babysitter for you, then would you come out with us?” Chrissy asked looking hopeful.

     “I’m not sure Chrissy, I’ve never really trusted leaving Penny with babysitters.” Natasha said looking worried.

     “You can trust these babysitters, and Penny will have another couple of little girl to have a form of sleepover with.” Chrissy said still grinning.

     “Who will be looking after them?” Natasha asked with a puzzled look.

     “My mum’s will be looking after them, as well as the twins. They will all be stopping at our house, so they can all have a swim on the Sunday morning, and then spend the day playing.” Chrissy was grinning now.

     “Your mums? As in you have more than one?” Natasha asked looking even more puzzled now.

     “Yes I kind of have two mums. It’s a long story, that I will be happy to tell you on Sunday, but only if you agree to come out on the Saturday night and let your hair down.” Chrissy said in a firm voice.

     “You make it sound like I would be stopping at your home after the night out as well.” Natasha said.

     “That’s because you would be silly.” Chrissy giggled as she playfully slapped Natasha on the hand. “Say yes. You and Penny will both have a good time, and Dan can have a relaxing lie in after working late at the club.” She added.

    Natasha looked at Dan to see if he was okay with her having a night out and leaving Penny to be looked after by Chrissy’s mums. Dan was grinning and nodding at her to say yes to the night out. He trusted Chrissy and her family to take good care of his daughter while his mum got a night out.

     “Say yes mum, and have a fun night out for once.” Dan pushed his mum.

     “Okay then Chrissy, it sounds like it could be fun having a night out with you and the others.” Natasha said with a grin.

    Amy wrote down the address for the house so Dan could bring Penny and his mum around on the Saturday morning. The hen party was going to start with a full spa treatment for Ann and all the others. Holly and Prue were going to look after the kids for the day at the house. With everything finalised, they all finished their drinks and then hugged before going there own ways.

    Chrissy told the others as they drove back to Mable’s to pick up the twins, that Brad wanted them to sort out new dresses for Natasha and Penny for the wedding.

     “Amber? Do you think it would be possible for you and Sara to make another little brides maid dress for Penny?” Chrissy asked as she looked over her should at Amber sat in the back of Becky’s car with Amy.

     “No trouble at all sis.” Amber grinned. “It’s a simple enough design Ann picked for Cathleen and Kat to wear.” She added with a shrug.

     “We won’t be able to get Penny’s measurements until Sunday though; will that still give you enough time to get it made?” Chrissy asked as she pointed out the tight dead line they would be working with.

     “Trust me Chrissy, it will be done in time, you just worry about making Natasha look pretty for the wedding, and leave Penny to Sara and me.” Amber said sounding positive they would have Penny looking just as cute as Cathleen and Kat on the wedding day.

    Becky pulled up outside Mable’s and they were soon sat having a cup of tea while they watched Holly and Chrissy feed the babies. Then they all hugged Mable before heading home to make a start on some dinner and finish off plans for the hen party and the wedding a week later.

    The girls all went to work as normal on the Thursday and Friday, but they were all looking forward to spending the day at the spa in the hotel before going to the Karaoke bar and then the club to finish off the evening.

    Chrissy and Amy ran to answer the door on the Saturday morning when they heard the doorbell chime. They both started grinning when they saw Dan, Natasha and a little girl looking very nervous stood there.

     “Hi Dan, Natasha, and you must be Penny?” Chrissy said as she let them into the house and then crouched down to look Penny in the eyes. “Hello Penny, I’m Chrissy and this is my sister Amy.” Chrissy added as she looked at Amy who had also crouched down beside her to get a better look at the little girl.

     “Hello. You both look very pretty, just like my nana said you did.” Penny said as she started to warm to the two women crouched down in front of her.

     “We just look like ugly step sister next to you Penny.” Amy giggled as she tapped Penny on the nose.

    Penny just blushed and then started to giggle as she let Amy and Chrissy take a hand each and lead them into the living room where the others were all sat talking. Natasha looked up at Dan in shock at just how quick Chrissy and Amy had won over the little girl. Penny was normally very slow to let new people near her, but she’d taken an instant like to the two women.

    Cathleen and Kat ran over to meet the new girl when they saw Chrissy and Amy enter the room holding her hands. Penny looked worried for a couple of minutes, but was soon running off to play dollies with them.

    Chrissy then took the time to introduce Natasha to everyone in the room, which took some time as everyone was there. She soon relaxed and started having fun though, and she was happy to see Penny giggling and having fun with Cathleen and Kat.

     “I’d like you to meet little Andrew and Lauren.” Chrissy said as her and Becky sat down with a baby each.

     “They are just so beautiful.” Natasha said as she crouched down in front of the sofa Chrissy and Becky had just sat down on with the babies.

    The twins just sat giggling as they looked at the new face of Natasha. They soon got bored though and turned to look up at their mums before wanting to be put down on the play mat again.

     “Do you trust us now when we say that Penny will have fun and be in very safe hands?” Chrissy asked Natasha as she looked over at Penny giggling while she played.

     “Yes I do Chrissy. You have such an amazing family.” Natasha said as she looked around the room.

    Chrissy just grinned as she looked around the room herself and thought of just how true that was. “I like to think so to Natasha.”

    They were all soon getting up and saying goodbye to the little ones so they could leave and start the hen party. Dan and Brad were going to keep an eye on Cathleen, Kat and Penny for the day while Holly and Prue looked after Andrew and Lauren. Then Holly and Prue would keep an eye on them all in the evening while the girls had their sleepover at Chrissy and Mandy’s house.

    Carl had sorted out a minibus from the hotel to take the girls back there to have their spa treatment. Chrissy, Becky, Mandy, Amy, Amber, Ann, Jayden and Natasha all got in the minibus before heading off to go and pick up Jenna and Kim from Mable’s. Then they made their way over to pick up Sara and Cathy before going to the hotel to meet up with all the others.

    Samantha’s wife Rachel was stood outside the hotel with Jo, and the girls from Ann’s department at the hotel were all stood waiting for them when they pulled up. There was a lot of screaming and squealing form everyone as they all hugged and were introduced to each other, then they all went into the hotel where Dale was waiting to great them all.

    They all relaxed as they had the full treatment package and then had makeovers done ready for the night out partying. Natasha got a shock when she found out that Chrissy had spoke with Carl and the boutique in the hotel was going to sort her out with a nice dress for the evening, but she was grinning when she was finally ready to head over to the karaoke bar after they had all sat down to a wonderful meal in the hotel restaurant.

    Ann ended up with a little vale on her head when they left the hotel and she was carrying a little bouquet of flowers to make her look like a bride. They all loved the karaoke and were amazed at just how good Chrissy and Amy were at singing, but they all had to laugh at the silly dance’s they kept doing as they sang.

    Amy made a call to the hotel as they were getting ready to leave the karaoke bar, so they could send a couple of limo’s to take them all to the club to finish off the night and give Ann her final present for the day.


*****

    Natasha had to help Dan close his mouth again when he saw her looking very beautiful in her new dress and professional makeover. “You look amazing mum!” Dan had said.

    Jayden, Mandy, Rachel and Jo had all ran off to find their partners once they got to the club. Natasha looked a little puzzled when she saw them a little later all stood kissing or hugging women, but Chrissy and Amy soon pointed out who they really were. She’d not met Jo or Rachel’s partners before, but she was shocked to find out that Carla and Kara were really Carl and Callum though.

    Ann was on the dance floor a little later in the evening when the music suddenly changed to a Tom Jones song used in the film The Full Monty, and she saw everyone clear the dance floor apart from her and a fireman that had walked on from the other side of the room. His face was in shadow from the helmet he had on, but he was soon moving around to the music as he started to undress right in front of her. Ann started to giggle as she realised that it was Brad, and she was soon shouting for him to take more and more of his uniform off, but she made him stop before he went the full monty. The last anyone saw of Brad and Ann they were heading towards the exit with Ann wearing Brad’s fireman helmet and Brad wearing Ann’s little vale on his head.

     “Ann said she was going to test out Brad’s fireman’s pole!” Someone had shouted when they asked where Ann was. This made them all laugh.

    The night came to an end and they all headed home. Chrissy took Natasha up to check on Penny and she was fast asleep in one of the guest bedrooms with Cathleen and Kat cuddled up to her looking very peaceful and happy.

    Chrissy then showed Natasha to another one of the guest bedrooms before going to check on the twins and then go to bed herself. She found Becky stood in the nursery when she got there, so she walked over and wrapped her arms around Becky and kissed her on the cheek before she rested her head on Becky’s shoulder and watched the babies sleeping.

     “We better see about getting some sleep, I don’t think we’ll be getting a lie in tomorrow, or later today as it is now.” Chrissy whispered in Becky’s ear just before she started to nibble on it. Becky was soon grinning as she led Chrissy over to their room to see about getting to bed. They did finally get to sleep, but not before Becky had her wicked way with Chrissy first.

    Chrissy woke the next morning to the sound of one of the twins crying, so she got out of bed and wandered over to the nursery to find her mum sorting out Andrew while Lauren made it clear that she wasn’t happy about being left in her cot.

     “Hey, hey! What’s all that for?” Chrissy asked as she picked up Lauren and held her close. “Morning mum, did everything go okay yesterday?” Chrissy asked as she walked over to see how Andrew looked. Lauren had stopped crying the minute Chrissy picked her up.

     “Good morning dear.” Holly said as she leaned over and kissed Chrissy on the cheek as she looked down at a smiling Andrew. “They were as good as gold all day. The girls all had a good time as well. Penny is such a little sweetheart, she even helped me and Prue look after these two.” She added with a smile.

     “Thank you for looking after them all for us mum.” Chrissy said as she gave her mum a quick hug before letting her get back to changing Andrew’s diaper.

     “No thanks needed dear. It was fun to see the three girls all playing around in the bed and having a slumber party. I just wish you’d had the chance to do the same thing growing up.” Holly said looking a little sad.

     “I’ve had plenty of them since I’ve become who I am now mum, so don’t feel too bad.” Chrissy giggled.

    They both got the twins changed and then left the room to head down stairs when they saw Becky step out of their room with a smile on her face. She gave each of the twins a kiss on the cheek before she gave Holly one before she then gave Chrissy a much longer one on the lips.

     “Morning baby.” Becky purred as she broke the kiss.

     “Good morning my love. Do you want to take Lauren for me, so I can go and see how the girls are doing?” Chrissy asked as she let Becky take Lauren out of her arms.

    Chrissy wandered down the long hallway to the older part of the house where the three girls had been sleeping in one of the new guest rooms they had down there. She could hear the girls giggling as she got closer to the room and she found them having a pillow fight while jumping up and down on the bed.

    All three girls suddenly stopped looking very sheepish when they saw Chrissy stood in the doorway looking at them, but they soon started grinning when they saw that Chrissy was grinning at them.

     “Good morning girls. I trust you all slept okay?” Chrissy asked as she walked over and sat on the edge of the bed.

     “Morning Aunty Chrissy.” Kat said as she jumped over to where Chrissy was sat and gave her a hug.

     “Morning Aunty Chrissy.” Cathleen said as she crawled across the bed to give Chrissy a hug when Kat had finished.

     “Good morning Aunty Chrissy.” Penny said before she realised what she was saying, when she did she slapped her hand over her mouth looking worried. “Sorry Chrissy, I got carried away.” Penny mumbled through her hand that was still over her mouth.

     “I don’t mind you calling me Aunty Chrissy if that’s what you want to call me, but I must warn you that Amy and the others will also want to be called Aunty as well.” Chrissy said as she pulled Penny’s hand away from her mouth. “But if you are going to call me Aunty, then I demand that you give me a hug as well.” Chrissy giggled as she held her arms open so Penny could get a hug from her.

    Penny started grinning as she leapt into Chrissy’s arms to get a hug from her. “Thank you Aunty Chrissy, thank you so much.” Penny said with tears running down her cheeks. “I’ve never had an Aunty before.” She added with a choked up sound to her voice.

     “We better get you down stairs so you can meet some more of them then.” Chrissy said as she broke the hug and then helped the girls to get their dressing gowns on so they could head down for some breakfast.

     “I need you all to stand here and wait while I go and check on your nana.” Chrissy said as they got to the guest room where Natasha had stayed last night.

    Chrissy knocked on the door and entered when she heard a voice telling her to come in. Chrissy found Natasha sat up in bed looking half asleep still, but smiling when she saw Chrissy. “Good morning Chrissy, is everything alright?”

     “Morning Natasha. Everything is fine; I’m just about to take the girls down for some breakfast and wanted to check on you before I did. Please feel free to take a bath or a shower before coming down. I’ll keep an eye on Penny for you while you make the most of the break.” Chrissy said with a grin.

     “Are you sure you don’t mind Chrissy?” Natasha asked.

     “Are you kidding me Natasha? I love spending time with kids. Most would say it’s because I act like one most the time.” Chrissy giggled. “I hope you don’t mind though, but Penny slipped and called me Aunty Chrissy, and I said it was okay for her to keep calling me that.” Chrissy asked looking more serious now.

     “I can’t think of a better Aunty for her to have Chrissy.” Natasha said with pride.

     “She’s at least five more now as well. The others will want her to call them Aunty as well.” Chrissy grinned. “I better go and feed them before they start running all over the house.” Chrissy added as she gave Natasha a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek before she ran out the room.

    Natasha giggled as she watched Chrissy vanish. “Where does that girl find the energy from?” She said to herself just before falling back down with her head on the pillow.

    Chrissy found the three girls still stood waiting for her. Kat was now stood between the two larger girls, but they were all still very small. “Shall we go and find something to eat then?” Chrissy asked with a grin as she held out her hand for Penny to take so she could lead them down the stairs and into the dining room where Holly and Becky were just sorting out the twins with their breakfast.

     “You all find a seat and I’ll go and grab the cereal and some bowls.” Chrissy said as she picked Kat up and sat her on a seat before going into the kitchen.

    The girls all sat and ate their breakfast like good little girls, then Chrissy gave them some colouring books to play with until she’d had time to help Becky clean up the twins and put them down on the play mat in the living room with Holly sat keeping an eye on them while she went to entertain the other kids for a bit.

    It had been just over an hour since the girls finished their breakfast when they saw Amy and Amber enter the dining room wearing their swimming suits so they could go for a swim before they ate.

     “Can we go swimming with you Aunty Amy?” Cathleen asked with a grin.

     “How long as it been since you finished your breakfast?” Amy asked looking worried.

     “It’s been well over an hour sis.” Chrissy said as she got up from the table. “Do you want to come swimming Penny?” Chrissy asked.

     “No, not really Aunty Chrissy.” Penny said looking embarrassed about something.

    Chrissy sat down next to Penny. “What’s wrong Penny? Don’t you know how to swim?” Chrissy asked as she put an arm around Penny’s shoulder.

     “No. Nana can’t swim and daddy is always busy working, so I have never been shown how.” Penny said sounding upset.

     “Aunty Chrissy teach you Penny. She teach me to puppy paddle.” Kat said as she walked up to Penny still sat in her seat looking upset about not being able to swim.

     “I think you mean the doggy paddle Kat.” Penny tried to correct her.

     “No, I mean puppy paddle. I only little still, so not really big enough to be called dog, so I learn to puppy paddle.” Kat said it like it should make perfect sense to everyone.

    As sad as Penny felt about not being able to swim when a four year old could, she still found herself giggling at Kat’s logic. “Will you really teach me to swim Aunty Chrissy?” Penny asked looking hopeful.

     “What kind of an Aunty would I be if I didn’t?” Chrissy grinned just before Penny threw her arms around Chrissy’s neck and hugged her.

     “Thank you Aunty Chrissy, thank you so much.” Penny said as she kept hugging her. “You’re the best Aunty ever!” She added when they broke the hug.

     “Hey! Not fair.” Amy whined. “You’ve not had time to see how cool your other Auntie’s can be yet.” Amy added with a grin.

     “Can I really call you all aunties?” Penny asked as she looked around at Amy, Amber and Becky.

     “We’d all be very upset if you didn’t Penny.” Amy said as she held her arms open to get a hug from the little girl.

    Penny ran over and jumped up into Amys arms. “Thank you Aunty Amy.” The little girl said as she got a hug from Amy. She then ran to Becky and Amber who also gave the little girl a hug.

     “We better go and find you a swimsuit then girls!” Chrissy said as she led them out to the swimming pool where they had a collection of spare suits for when Kat and Cathleen came over.

    Penny was soon kitted out in a swim suit, arm bands and a foam board to help her swim. Chrissy and Becky got changed into swim suits and they were all soon in the pool playing around. Chrissy let the other play while she helped Penny learn to swim.

    Natasha came down later in the morning after taking a long soak in a bubble bath to find Penny in the pool learning to swim with Chrissy helping her. Natasha had never seen Penny so full of life since the death of her mother just over two years ago.

    Chrissy had got Penny to the point where she was now just using the foam board to help her a little bit, but for the most part she could now swim.

     “Look nana, I can swim now.” Penny said as she swam past kicking her feet behind her with Chrissy swimming at her side keeping an eye on her.

     “I can see that dear. Aren’t you a clever little girl?” Natasha said with a grin. She sat there for nearly an hour watching Chrissy work with her and not looking bored once.

    When Chrissy thought Penny had finally got the hang of swimming and no longer needed the foam board she got out and put on a bathrobe before sitting down next to Natasha to see how she was doing on her day off.

     “I hope you didn’t mind me teaching Penny to swim?” Chrissy asked with a smile as she watched Penny now playing with Cathleen and Kat.

     “Why would I mind Chrissy? I’ve not seen Penny this happy since before her mum died.” Natasha said as a tear ran down her cheek.

     “I was sorry to hear about what happened to her mum. Were you very close?” Chrissy asked.

     “Yes we were. I know what people say about mother in-laws, but it wasn’t like that with me and Debbie.” Natasha said with a little giggle as she remembered something. “She became my best friend from the first time we ever met, and she was so in love with Dan.” She added with passion.

     “They had a beautiful daughter.” Chrissy said as she tried to move Natasha’s memories to something a little happier.

     “She’s the spitting image of her mother you know. I was worried that I’d never see her look this happy again, but just in one day you’ve made her look like her old self again.” Natasha grinned. “Dan was right when he said that there was something magic about you Chrissy.” She added with a giggle.

    Chrissy just blushed, not knowing what to say to that comment. She was saved from having to answer it when they heard some of the others enter the pool room so they could take a swim. Chrissy soon found herself back in the pool as they had a play around with a beach ball.

    Ann and Brad got home just after lunch time, and Dan arrived to pick up Natasha and Penny mid afternoon, but then ended up stopping for dinner before they left later in the evening. Vic and Jenna turned up for Cathleen at the same time Hope and Faith arrived to pick up little Kat. Chrissy couldn’t help but note that Dan and Faith kept checking each other out when the other one wasn’t looking. This gave Chrissy some ideas. She wondered if it was time to brush the dust off her little bow and arrows so she could play cupid again?

    Chrissy had been crafty when she sorted out the evening dress for Natasha to wear the night before and found a nice dress that would do for the wedding, so they didn’t need to take her out looking for one. They also found out that Penny was the same size as Cathleen, so Amber and Sara could use Cathleen to make sure the dress for Penny would fit okay.

    The next week was frantic with last minute fittings on all the dresses, and Chrissy’s outfit for the wedding, but the week soon passed and it was Friday and everyone was getting ready for the wedding the next day. Brad gave Ann a kiss before he left for his last night as a single man. Carl was letting him stop the night at the hotel so he wouldn’t risk seeing Ann in her wedding dress the next morning.

    Chrissy was going to be spending the night at home, but would be driven over to the hotel first thing in the morning with Carl, Callum and Vic.

 

To Be Concluded Next Friday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
164 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

YHIAW 3-36

Thank you for this new part!
As always it was very easy to get into the story and feel like family member.
When they combined the houses I was thinking about who will be the next to move in, now maybe Dan and his family? ;)

Martina

Thank you Sara,

ALISON

'Dan was right when he said there was something magic about you,Chrissie'. So true but what am I going to do down here in Oz on Saturdays after next week? I will be completely lost without the extended family
who always make me feel soooooo good and happy.

ALISON

You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 36 By SaraUK

To Be Concluded Next Friday? Any more after this book?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Sadly next week will be the last part :(

I'm sorry Stan, but next week will be the last part of Chrissy and Co
Due to the falling number of people showing interest in this story and me only getting around 30 people thinking it's any good and leaving me kudos. I'm ending it and working on other stuff now instead.
I did say last week that I feel I'm just boring people with the adventures of Chrissy and her ever growing family, and I don't want to fall into the area of having people start and tell me to give it a rest, so I'm doing it now myself.

Thanks for taking the time to read it, and I hope you find the time to read my other stuff and leave me nice feedback, just like you've done with this one.

Writing is a labour of love and the only pay we get is the kudos and comments.

Hugs and Love

SaraUK

I'd just taken a puff of my

I'd just taken a puff of my inhaler when I read the line "She wondered if it was time to brush the dust off her little bow and arrows". needless to say I'm glad I wasn't drinking fizzy Pop cause I'd have had bubbles up my nose.

Sweet chapter, Chrissy is such a sweet loving character, it's nice seeing her bring a sad shy little girl out of her shell. Also liking her plans with regard Faith an Dan, is there romance of the horizon, we can only hope.

Loving the story as always.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

still a great story and series

sad to hear less kudos for such masterpiece..
Sorry for not dropping comment on each posting of Chrissy's n family but I make sure a kudo when I finish one.
Though i am kind of late to comment hehehe.. Thinking of others done that years ago..
Just want to say keep it going SaraUK.... You are the best...
Big hugs for you.... Not forgetting the editor.. :)