Day 1 - January 1st, 1980

Printer-friendly version
Her Diary - 1980: January 1st

by Faeriemage

Copyright  © 2010 Faeriemage
All Rights Reserved.

I feel so giddy at the prospects that this year has I have for this year, and even this decade.

I'm finally going to be me.

I am a woman.

Whee. I am a woman!

I can't stop saying it. I can't stop feeling it. For the first time

I get to be me, and let the world see the me that I've been hiding. I go back to school in a couple of days. It's almost the end of the Christmas break.

Wait, let's start this all out right. I know this is only my personal journal, but I might as well introduce myself a bit.

I'm Grace Kelly.

No, not that Grace Kelly.

I am an actor actress and teacher. I teach drama.

Ok, that was a bit stilted.

For the past year I've been trying to get up the courage to be the woman I always felt I feel that I am.

I've been taking hormones for a year now to try to get my body to look more like my mind thinks it should be.

Apparently, because of that little accident I had as a teenager, my body was better able to accept the treatment, and it allowed for more

The hormones caused my hips to widen, slightly, and I'm growing boobs.

Breats.

Whatever.

Since this is the beginning, I know I never mentioned that I graduated from high school early, but I did. I started a year early in grammar school, and in high school I decided I didn't need a senior year. It's tough being the smallest boy in the class even without a lot of the rumors that were going around.

I imagine that some of them might start thinking I really was gay.

Oh, to be alive and free. Oh, to be myself.

Anyway, I graduated high school at sixteen, and went on to college after I turned seventeen.

And this is the most boring journal I have ever read.

No, it's not a journal. It's my first diary. It even says so on the front.

My Mom bought me a diary.

She also bought me the most beautiful brunette wig. It's just longer than shoulder length. I can't wait for my own hair

I'm so giddy.

I have a full wardrobe of clothing, in my size, and I'm ready to take the world by storm.

I've let the principal know what's up, and we'll just have to see how it all goes.

I want for this to work out

Deep breaths Andrew Grace.

Am I ready for this? I still think of myself as Andrew half the time. Is that wrong? Am I ready for this type of commitment?

I'm just going to call my Mom and tell her that its all just been a mistake. I'll stop taking hormones and

I can do this. I am a woman of strength and I will overcome any fear.

Relax, Grace, it's not as if they'll lynch you for coming to work in a dress.

Will they?

I'm borrowing trouble. Mom always thought that I had too vivid an imagination. I only agree with her when I lose control of it like this.

Ok, so that's all I have to say. Just wanted to start this out on the first day of the first year of the new decade.

I didn't write that much here.

I hope that I can keep doing

So, to anyone who reads this, and wonders, I did start out with a fountain pen, but decided that using a normal ball point would be better. I plan on taking this thing with me everywhere. so we'll have to see what

Two more days and the world gets to meet Grace Kelly for the first time.

up
72 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Day 1 - January 1st, 1980

Like the beginning.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Interesting!

Please, I'd like some more, please.

Wren