Double Dare 6 - Who Dares Wins

Printer-friendly version
Double Dare 6 — Who Dares Wins
by Maeryn Lamonte

Stephanie survived her first week at school, but only just. She was definitely falling apart towards the end, and probably would have if it hadn't been for Portia. Still it'll probably be easier to put him/her back together the way he/she was meant to be now.

There are still quite a few loose ends left to tie up, not least amongst them being what will happen when the new Stevie turns up at School on Monday morning.

-oOo-

There aren't many things more welcome to a hungry body and an ailing soul than a large plate of lasagne. I dug in with great relish enjoying everything about this meal. If the food wasn't enough, there were the relieved and genuine smiles of my parents and best of all the comforting presence of Portia sitting ever so close beside me.

“So this means no more dressing up then?”

“I'm not sure what it means Dad. I don't think I'll be going to school in a skirt on Monday though, and I doubt I'll want to go to church in a dress either. Beyond that I can't promise anything, but you can tell the pastor you're no longer supporting my cross dressing if you like.”

“I'm not sure I understand, I thought you were through this.”

“Well in a way I am, but generally when you go through something then you end up in a different place, and that's where I am now. It's going to take a bit of exploring and there may be a few changes that I'm sure you'll want to discuss, but on the whole I think it'll end up being better. For everyone.”

After the meal, Portia and I washed up and put things away, then I wanted to take my girlfriend up to my room so we could have a bit of privacy. Mum and Dad weren't that happy about it, until I mentioned that I'd already slept in the same room as four beautiful girls and nothing had happened.

“If it makes you feel any better about it, I'll put on a dress and behave like a girl while we're up there.”

They decided that wouldn't be necessary, that they thought they could trust me, so Portia and I enjoyed an hour of uninterrupted privacy before it was time for her to go home. Dad offered to drive her, but I said I was happy to walk her, as long as the ban on my wandering around the streets late at night had been lifted. Apparently it had and we ended our evening with a leisurely stroll back to her house, and long and languorous kiss on her doorstep, which might have lasted longer still, had the porch light not gone on and interrupted us.

“I'll came round for you at about nine tomorrow then.”

“I'll be waiting. Goodnight Stevie.”

-oOo-

I slept in pyjamas that night and felt good about it. The thing about clothes is that it's easier for a woman to get away with wearing a man's things than the other way round, and both the Stephanie and the Steve inside me felt happier with this arrangement. I could feel those two different parts of myself and they were linked, like conjoined twins, inside me. They were blending more and more into one person even after such a short time, and whilst Steven would have been okay wearing a nightie if Stephanie had wanted or needed it, the reality was that right now I felt just as comfortable, if not more so, wearing my boy clothes.

I woke early, before the alarm, and dressed fully as Steven. Okay, not quite fully. I'd become too used to the pleasant feel of soft knickers and tights, so had those on underneath. I just hoped that we weren't going clothes shopping anywhere where the changing rooms were potentially exposed. I packed the top and skirt in a bag, so as to keep my promise to Portia, and stepped out of the house at half past eight. I hadn't eaten breakfast — probably nerves — but suspected I might be invited in to the Allen's, especially if Portia wanted to change before we went out. If not, we could always find a café when we arrived in town.

As predicted, Mr Allen was standing behind Portia when she answered the door. I decided on formalities first.

“Hello Mr Allen, pleased to meet you.”

“Hello erm, Steven right? You look familiar, have I seen you around somewhere?”

Awkward. Oh well, best get it out of the way.

“Er yes, do you remember Stephanie?”

“Portia's friend from last week? Oh my, yes I see it. You must be her twin. I'm sorry you must get this all the time, but you look just like her.”

“Er... yeah.”

There didn't seem to be an elegant way out of this, especially with Portia giggling in the background. I gave her the bag of clothes and she dashed upstairs to change.

“Coffee?”

“Er, tea if you have it please.”

“As long as you don't mind the tea bag in a mug sort.”

“That will be great sir, thank-you. Er milk no sugar.”

A short while later I had a steaming mug in my hands and a plate of muffins under my nose.

“Portia made them, I suspect with you in mind.”

How could I refuse? I took one and was halfway through it when Portia reappeared giving a delighted twirl. The skirt and top weren't quite her colour, but she still looked pretty amazing in them.

I quickly downed the rest of my muffin and tea while Portia gave her Dad the obligatory peck on the cheek and we made for the door.

“You know we're going to have to tell your parents before they figure it out.”

“I suppose. It's a shame though, I kind of like Stephanie being able to come round for sleep overs and come up to my room without Mum and Dad freaking out.”

“Still I'd hate for them to find out after we'd taken advantage of their trust.”

“You're no fun.”

“I know, but there are some things you don't mess with and one is your girlfriend's parents.”

“You didn't seem to mind last week.”

“Last week I was as much your girlfriend as you were mine, and it was different, even if they probably wouldn't see it that way.”

She sighed.

“You really know how to ruin a mood. You know there's going to be fallout from last week either way?”

“Yeah, I know.”

Time to change the subject before this morning gets too heavy.

“So yesterday. Your idea about me needing to be both Steven and Stephanie, how's that going to work?”

“I don't really know, but it seems a bit like you're already doing it.”

“What do you mean?”

“It's hard to put into words. It's like when you were either Steven or Stephanie you were suppressing the other part of you. Today you feel... well kind of relaxed and laid back. You're not trying to keep any part of you hidden. It's a bit like when I found you yesterday, you were already wearing some of both Steven and Stephanie's cloths together; now you're wearing some of both of their personality's instead.”

“Er, actually the clothes bit as well.”

“Sorry?”

I leaned into her ear. “I'm wearing knickers and tights under my jeans.”

“You see? You're not trying to push any of yourself away. I mean why are you... you know wearing...”

We were out in public and I guess she realised she was talking out loud.

“I guess it felt right. It was something I wanted to do and...”

“...you did it.”

“So how's this going to end? Am I going to allow myself to do anything I want until I end up being some mixed up freak halfway between man and girl?”

“No, because there's a difference between suppressing part of you because you're afraid and making adjustments to fit in with society. I mean sometimes I feel like running down the street topless — no actually I do. Not very often, but it happens. The thing is I don't because I know I don't want to live with the outrage I'd cause.

“A lot of life is about figuring out how to live with the people around you, also figuring out which of the desires inside you are right and which aren't. A lot of the time those decisions are easy to make — black and white — like I would never walk into my parent's room stark naked. I wouldn't want to shock them like that, I don't have a lot to gain from doing it and it doesn't fulfil some deep seated need. Others are more grey, where you're not convinced that other people's opinions are right. Like, I don't know, my Dad hates the twenty mile an hour speed limits near schools. Not because they're wrong. Whenever schools are in session he obeys the speed limits religiously, and especially at the beginning and end of the school day, but why should the twenty limit exist on a Sunday as well when there's no-one inside the school?

“I know, silly examples, but I wanted to give you the idea that the same kind of thing exists outside your gender issues. Now you apply the same thing to the way you are. No-one gets to tell you how you are inside. That's you, and if you try and be someone else you're going to end up the kind of emotional train wreck you were as Steven. At the same time though, you know that if you choose to live as a sort of half and half man/woman mix, you're probably not going to find any sort of happiness because one, it won't express who you really are inside and two, not many people will be prepared to accept you like that.

“I guess you are going to have to decide at some stage whether you want to live as a man or a woman, because those are the choices society offers, but whatever you decide, on the inside you should still be totally you.”

“What do you want me to be?”

“Oh no. This is your decision, please don't make it about me. I don't want to be responsible for squeezing you into another shape that's not a good fit. Besides, I probably already told you too much about the way I feel.”

“Okay, let me put it this way. If I were to decide to live as a man, because, let's face it, that's the easier option. If I were to do that, how do I stop the Stephanie part of me being squashed again?”

“You let her out, and no, I don't know what that's going to mean. It may be that there's a part of the Stephanie you that you can integrate into the persona you present to the world without them thinking you're too weird. It could be that you'll have to put on a dress every now and again and, in the right circumstances, what harm is that going to cause? It may even help. I mean that week after the dare when you were dressed as Steven but acting like Stephanie, it felt weird. I mean when we went out on the Friday, because you looked like a girl and you behaved like a girl, it was easy for us to accept you as a girl. When you looked like a boy but acted like a girl, it just felt... off.

“However you choose to live, you're going to have to find ways of keeping all of you in balance. I think a large part of that is going to involve surrounding yourself with people who love and care for you and will stand by you no matter what.”

“Like you?”

She smiled and kissed me.

“Now you're getting it, and above all, don't worry. Tomorrow when you wake up, if you feel like you totally need to be a girl, put on a dress and come round, we'll do girl stuff together. Like I said, I like Stephanie; she's fun. If on the other hand you feel like a guy, get dressed like this and I'll find something more interesting for us to do.”

“And in fifty years’ time when I have a pot belly and hair growing out of my ears?”

“We'll burn that bridge when we come to it. Who knows, I may be a hideous crone by then myself.”

“Not if you're mum's anything to go by — Ow!” She had sharp elbows.

“Were you checking my mum out?”

“Only saying that if you end up looking like her when you're older you'll still be the hottest girl around.”

“You were weren't you? Oh gah, you fancy my mum.”

The faint smile and the twinkle in her eyes reassured me that she was joking. Still if she was going to play those sort of games...

“Hey, I was just making sure I'd still fancy you in thirty years or so.”

She batted me and stuck her lower lip, so I did the same to her until she couldn't help but burst out laughing. We carried on that way for a while then settled into a comfortable silence. There was something I needed to say though.

“It wouldn't matter you know?”

“What?”

“What you looked like in thirty years. As long as you were still the person you are right now on the inside, I'd still love you as much as I do right now.”

She grabbed hold of me and we somehow managed to keep walking towards town with her trying to burrow her way inside my chest.

“Steph tell you to say that?”

“I am Steph. Just as much as I am Steven. So yeah, kind of.”

-oOo-

“Hey girly boy.”

Oh hell. Jon and Matt. I guess the mall was a hangout for a lot of guys from school, but what were the odds of bumping into these two?

“What's the matter, all your dresses in the wash, or did your mummy make you wear little boy clothes today.”

“Listen guys, you had your fun. Can't you just give us a little space now?”

“Oh I don't think so. You know we haven't forgotten how stupid you made us look a couple of weeks ago, and as for last week, I mean that was just wrong in so many ways.”

“Mind you it does explain a few things. I mean why Portia has always been such an ice cold bitch. Maybe she fancies girls. Maybe she gets her jollies from turning pansies like you into girls so she can...”

It didn't really matter who was saying what, they were both out of order. I stepped forward furiously with enough emotion showing to shut up their stream of filth.

“You can take that back.”

“Or what pansy-girl? You going to burst into tears at us?”

“Come on Steve, they're not worth it.”

Portia pulled at me arm and I allowed myself to be led away.

“Hey not so fast poofta. You're going to do something for us.”

“Why would I?”

“Glad you asked. Remember those photos we have of you dressed as a girl? Be a shame if the newspapers got hold of them wouldn't it?”

“The head told everyone that there would be hell to pay if anyone leaked what's been happening at school to the press. You wouldn't risk it.”

“I'm not talking about you poncing around school in a girl's uniform. I mean the original photos from two weeks ago when you went for a girl's night out in a frilly pink dress. That has nothing to do with the school. Put the picture of you in a dress alongside this one,” he took a photograph of me with his phone, “and the newspapers have the story they've been sniffing after all week.”

They'd probably do it as well, and get away with it. After last week I could probably handle the flack that would follow, but it wouldn't be fair on my parents or Portia and the other girls.

“What is it you want?”

“Oh it's not that hard. I mean now that you're in tight with such beautiful babes as the lovely Portia here, you can swing it so that a couple of them would go out with us tonight can't you?”

This wasn't good. I mean once you give into blackmail once you're caught.

“There is no way...”

“I guess I could have a word with Jenny and Debbie for you,” Portia interrupted me, “but you have to promise to leave us alone afterwards.”

“Oh we promise alright.” If sincerity were a place, these guys would be on the opposite side of the planet. “Oh and they've got to be ready to put out as well.”

“We'll meet you in the park this afternoon, about six.”

They backed off looking very pleased with themselves.

I turned to Portia and hissed, “What do you think you're doing?”

“Planning something. Look I know you haven't been a girl for very long, but just trust me that we aren't totally helpless, and that we will always do what's necessary to help our friends.”

She pulled her phone out and started texting. She wouldn't show me what she was doing and that had me, if anything, more worried.

We spent the morning wandering around the shops. At one point Portia asked me how I felt about having my ears pierced. It took me a moment to sort out my feelings and in the end I decided I was quite up for it. I didn't though, not then. I figured I'd put my folks through enough recently and I felt they deserved a break. There was always next weekend though, or maybe the weekend after that.

We did a lot of nothing in the Christopher Robin sense — you know, when grown-ups ask, 'What are you going to do?' and you say, 'Nothing,' and then you go and do it — and had a lot of fun doing it. I couldn't quite lose the nagging concern about what was going to happen in the park later, but every time I tried to raise the subject, Portia told me not to worry about it, that it was all taken care of.

After lunch at the local fish and chip shop, Portia decided it was time to head back.

“Amanda, Jenny and Debbie want to meet my new boyfriend,” she told me. “They want to see what's so special about you, then we have to plan out what we're going to do when those two morons come along.”

-oOo-

It was like meeting the girls for the first time, but not. They treated me like a totally different person, I couldn't do the same for them. Eventually though we got over the initial awkwardness and in no time they were chatting to me almost as freely as they had to Steph. There was a different-yet-the-sameness about the whole thing, partly down to me having Steven in the mix and partly down to them treating me differently with trousers on. We did find a new balance easily enough though and soon the same openness in our conversation re-established itself.

Jennie and Debbie had come wearing unusually cute and girlish outfits for what I knew of their normal tastes — after all I did still have a significant amount of each of their clothing hanging in my wardrobe — but I didn't really twig until six o'clock started to loom closer and the girls set about their preparations for the unholy tryst with Thing one and Thing two.

Amanda ducked out early. It seemed she was responsible for getting the two in the right frame of mind, something she was best qualified to do because her Dad owned an off license. Jenny, Debs and Portia talked through the final stages of the plot, with me listening in with growing appreciation and not a little disquiet.

“You really think they'll go for it?”

“Never underestimate the male capacity for stupidity, present company accepted of course.” Debbie blushed bright red as she realised what she had said and in whose presence.

“Stevie's enough of a girl to realise you're right, aren't you?”

I found myself nodding. Actually I genuinely thought they were right.

“I'm still worried though. I mean things could still turn bad.”

“Which is why we chose this location. It's secluded enough to put them at ease, but if you look through here.”

Portia led me over to a divide in the bushes which led to a small gate out of the park.

“In a minute or two the local and regional press will get a tip that the 'boy in a dress' from one of the local schools will be somewhere around here between six and half past. By six the street will be teaming with reporters, so if either Dumb or Dumberer gets too frisky with the girls, one scream will bring everyone running and there'll be a slightly different story to the one we planned.”

Sure enough at six o'clock things started to come together. We began to hear the sound of cars and vans pulling up in the street, just as Jon and Matt came into view. They weren't exactly walking straight either, courtesy of the six-pack of lager Amanda had liberated from the offie and left on the ground in their path.

Morality never really a strong suit with these two, they had decided that the finders keepers rule applied and had run off with their discovery. Now, with the contents of the cans shared evenly between their two stomachs, they were definitely beginning to feeling the effects.

Jenny and Debs stood to greet them and did a masterful acting job, keeping smiles fixed in place despite the beer-breath and other alcohol enhancements, and led them into the bushes. I don't know how they managed it, but in next to no time they had Jon and Matt twisted well and truly around their little fingers. Then Debbie's voice drifted over to us.

“You know this is great, but it's nowhere near as much fun as the other week with Steve, is it Jen?”

“No that really got me hot.”

“Hey what's that creep got that we don't?” Matt, or maybe Jon. It was difficult to tell through the drunken slur.

“Well it was when he got all dressed up in Portia's clothes, that made me so horny. Portia too, you shoulda seen what they got up to just after.”

“Hey that's no big, we could do that. It's a shame you don't have any spare clothes otherwise we'd show you.”

“Well we could always swap clothes. I mean that would be so much more... Ooh I'm getting all hot just thinking about it.” Jen was quite the consummate actress.

“Well I don't know...”

“Aw come on, no-one's going to see us in here. It'll be fun.”

There followed a lot of giggling and fumbling and a few minutes later Jen and Debbie came running and stumbling out of the bushes wearing jeans and tee-shirts that didn't look totally out of place on them, laughing so hard they could barely keep on their feet.

“Hey weren't those guys wearing dresses over there,” Portia said in a loud voice, closing the trap. “They ran into the bushes over there.”

A mini stampede of reporters came charging into view just as Matthew and Jonathan appeared running after the girls and their clothes. They weren't half as convincing as I had been, but they did look cute in their frills and lace. Flash bulbs were firing off all over the place and the boys were swallowed up in a whirlpool of reporters asking questions they had no way of answering.

Amanda met us outside the public bogs with a couple of carrier bags of clothes so that Jen and Debbie could change into their normal outfits.

“You know that went better than I could have hoped for,” Portia chuckled. “Those guys won't dare come after you now.”

“Yeah, I reckon by the time this has all blown over everyone will have just about forgotten Stephanie's short visit to school,” Amanda added. “I think this will work out really well for all concerned. Except perhaps for Cute and Cuterer back there.”

We all burst out laughing again.

“Okay, so what should we do next?” Jen asked as she came out of the toilet looking fresh and ready to party, Debbie following close on her heels.

“Well...”

All eyes turned to me expectantly.

“I was thinking about those dance moves we were practicing the other night. It'd be a shame to waste all that hard work.”

“Cool,” Portia's eyes were dancing with excitement. “Do you want to go like that or...”

“Well, dancing is a lot more fun when you're wearing a dress.”

“I was hoping you'd say that.”

She and Amanda grabbed my hands and dragged me into the ladies loos where a third bag was waiting. It contained makeup, shoes, a bra, some more of those homemade cup-fillers and... Portia's pink dress.

up
209 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It's a shame that.........

KevSkegRed's picture

..........this story has come to an end, lovely story though and a good ending. I've enjoyed it, thank you Maeryn.

Kev [Ρĥàńŧāśĩ»ßő™], Skeg Vegas, England, UK.

KevSkegRed, Skeg Vegas, England, UK.

Good chapter

Liked how Poria is proving to be a true friend to Stevie/Stephanie. That they both realize balancing the various sides of him/her will not be easy and that some things you simply do not do in public showed serious maturity on their parts. The other girls seem to be becoming true friends as well after that difficult week.

LOVED how they got the little blackmailers. Just hope there isn't any physical retribution down the road. Those two are just stupid enough to do it.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

retribution

indeed. If you wanted to continue this story, that would definitely be something that I would be afraid of. Steve/Stephanie is working on finding a balance he/she can live with, which is no easy task, But with her/his (sorry about the pronouns) friends and girlfriend with him/her, it can work out.

"Treat everyone you meet as though they had a sign on them that said "Fragile, under construction"

dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Aah but what could we do with this?

I mean yes we could go the route where they get totally vindictive and plot a horrible revenge upon Steve, Portia and the others, and that would ruin many a manicure in the real world. Or maybe they're so distraught and downtrodden by their experience and the reaction of the rest of the school and the friends have to come to their rescue. Or maybe the reason they were so keen to see Steven in a dress in the first place was because they so desperately wanted it for themselves, and now that they've been pushed into the frilly end so to speak, they change into halfway decent chapesses.

After all, evil has its root in selfishness, and selfishness is undone by acceptance and love. That's why the only way to defeat evil is with love and kindness, hard as it is sometimes.

Maeryn Lamonte, the girl inside

How true!

Andrea Lena's picture

“However you choose to live, you're going to have to find ways of keeping all of you in balance. I think a large part of that is going to involve surrounding yourself with people who love and care for you and will stand by you no matter what.”

Of course, this applies to everyone, trans or no. I'm finding this out every day in my own life. Excellent! Thank you.



Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Double Dare 6 – Who Dares Wins

Dumb and Dumberer? Cute and Cuterer? LOL!

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Is this the end?

Well, maybe it is-but if not, I certainly wouldn't mind. These are very enchanting characters, and this is a fun story.I know that you have other stories to post and this does make a bit of a good ending.
I really like Portia, and I am seriously impressed with her wisdom and the resourcefulness she and her friends showed. I could see a continuation for a bit longer, as there are a few questions to deal with, but all in all, a nice resolution. Well done!

Wren

I know I know but...

...it's already over 18,000 words longer than initially intended, and I've neglected For Evil for too long, plus I have that other thing I was going to do. What was it? Oh yeah, get a life. Anyone know where I can find one cheap?

No promises but we may revisit Steve and Portia.

Maeryn Lamonte, the girl inside

Loved it! but would like more :)

Piper's picture

I am definitely one of the fans that would like to see this go further, but at the same time... Thank you for what you have given us. This was a wonderful story full of twists and turns that was definitely not following any obvious formula. Something that made you think, and still enjoy it. All the signs of a memorable tale.

-HuGgLeS-
-P/KAF/PT


"Science is just magic with an explanation, and bumblebees are just tiny little fairies in disguise. :)" Submitted by Erin on Sun, 2010/04/04 - 6:37pm.



"She was like a butterfly, full of color and vibrancy when she chose to open her wings, yet hardly visible when she closed them."
— Geraldine Brooks


I've enjoyed this, but I'm

I've enjoyed this, but I'm missing For Evil more. Of course it's your choice what you go forward with. It would be nice to know how school plays out....Oh, I don't know which I want first.

Thank you for sharing both stories.

Bravo bravo

AH Ha, so you admit that this story was just an evil plot to make us suffer withdrawal symptoms for having not been able to read one of your other fine stories as we waited with held breaths and faces turning blue for the next installment, if we dared do so, oh I am getting lost here. It was a good wrap up.

This is much preferable to the other path!

Yeah, as you know, I've been down there. There be monsters and dragons down that one. It'll do much less damage to his life, and he can still have fun, hopefully with Portia.

Khadijah

I Love it,

when a plan comes together

Throughly enjoyed this one Maeryn.

Looking forward to another one like it.

Hugs.

Beverly.

Growing old disgracefully.

bev_1.jpg

Maeryn,

ALISON

, just this----thank you so much!!!!

ALISON

“Those guys won't dare come after you now.”...

Huh?

I can't see any reason that they wouldn't go after him now -- they've already suffered the punishment; at least beating Steve up would give them some satisfaction and reassure them that their precious masculinity was still intact.

Eric

Interesting

kristina l s's picture

This started as a nice gentle if a little cutesy story and in this second 3 pieces morphed into something more. Deeper, more introspective in part and better for it I think. Sure not everything is resolved and we're still not quite sure whether it's Stephen or Stephanie but that's cool. Explore the options and decide what's right for Stevie.

Oh, a Psychiatrist is a Medical doctor first and then does the extra Psych degree/study. They can prescribe where a Psychologist cannot. Pretty sure that's the same in the UK and US too. I think the one here called it right by the way. Later on, who knows, but be sure. You showed the resulting mess well if a little over dramatically. We shall see what we shall see maybe.

Nicely done Maeryn.

Kristina

What do you mean over dramatically !!!!?

How dare you, I poured my heart and soul into that piece. I can't work like this. If anyone wants me I shall be in my dressing room. (Runs away sobbing pitifully)

Maeryn Lamonte, the girl inside

Just in case

I don't think my attempt at humour here is too subtle, but I would hate for anyone to believe that I'm genuinely upset. I find Kristina's comments to be among the most helpful I receive because she tells it as she sees it.

Thanks Kristina and sorry for making you wet you knickers there for a minute.

Maeryn Lamonte, the girl inside

Maeryn Lamonte, the girl inside

I know this started out to be something else entirely

like something to sort of tide everyone over for a bit. Whatever it was to start with and I know you didn't intend orignally to carry it this far in length. It is funny how something you don't really see a whole lot of potential for turns out to be soemthing really good. You just never know. Reminds me of the old days of the 45 record with the A and B side. Yeah I'm dating myself here but so whatL))) Sometimes the B side would turn out to be much more of a hit than the A side which was the one thought to be. Prime example being the old bluegrass song Rocky Top by the Osborn brothers. I think the story has been very good and introspective. Personally I enjoyed it better than I have the meant for evil story but that's just my personal taste. Great thing about BC is it has something for pretty much everyone.

I'm glad...

...you enjoyed it. Yes it did start out as a one off, but I had fun taking it further too. For Evil is another that's kind of taken over. It was originally planned as a six or seven parter and it just found new ways to move ahead. The odd thing is For Evil nearly didn't happen at all. I was about fourteen thousand words into it when a technology malfunction lost me the last nine or ten thou. Once I'd shouted my frustration at those friends of mine kind enough to listen, I picked up my keyboard and now here we are a hundred and twenty k in and heading towards resolution.

Maeryn Lamonte, the girl inside

Double Dare

I can not really add anything new to what others have allready said. So: Thank you for a wonderfull story about breaking out of the binary mindset and instead integrating both male and female aspects into one personality.

Jessica

More, more more...

Nice story, I'll bet the headlines regarding the two highly intoxicated "girls" that the reporters in the park discovered made for some interesting gossip...

nice story, thanks

Cute

I like that you explore the idea of gender, gender identity, and gender presentation as a social construct. Your non-binary Steve/Stephanie presentation felt natural and logical and was the first non-binary presentation that I have come across that actually makes sense to me, like I get it now. Being a tomboy transexual, while not the same, definitely has some parallels.

double dare part 6

All's well that ends well

Girls rule

I think

Angharad's picture

Dumb and Dumber might be appropriate for the two boys.

Angharad