Becoming Kim Kardashian... Sort Of (2)

Printer-friendly version

becoming_kim_kardashian.png
.
.
Chapter Two
Jessica helped me completely redo my makeup so that my eyes now look nearly as pretty as hers.

.....................
.

We are on our way to the next site, Finesse City Stadium. This is one of the instances where we must take the interstate. Surface roads take too damned long.

I decide to let the Tacoma do the driving for us while I check out some emails on my screen. Jessica is watching my eyes nearly bug out of my head. I won't let her see what my inquiries because they are concerning me, or rather Officer Kardashian.

I am doing a little research on Finesse Security Enterprises and am finding it to be nearly the same organization as the one with which I am familiar in my zone. The same “big boys” run it and we have the same grumpy old man that I've grown to know and love. I don't know about my fellow guards yet or if they retained their original gender.

“EPA TO FINESSE CITY STADIUM IS TWO MINUTES, THIRTY-SEVEN SECONDS.”

The computer startles the hell out of me so much that I nearly jump through the roof of the truck. This causes Officer Johnston to giggle.

.....................
.

We arrive at Finesse City Stadium where our local teams play. The California State University at Finesse City Mohawks, The Finesse Junior College Gladiators and The Finesse City Powerhouse, a United Football Association franchise, are the main tenants here.

Finesse Security bid on the contract and won it almost two years ago. We have three posted security officers here each shift. I see one of the officers scurrying about the site hitting RFID disks, checking security monitors and ticketing vehicles which have stayed around too long in the expansive parking lot. I point him out to Jessica who is checking her makeup again on her monitor.

.....................
.

I explain our duties on the site and show Officer Johnston where the RFID disks are here at the stadium. I take her to security office to introduce her to the posted officers on duty this shift who are watching the monitor banks.

I am told that the site manager is somewhere in the seating areas of the stadium, so I reach for my phone to call her. I then realize that I have no phone and haven't used one since my radical shift of identity.

I begin to panic.

How am I to communicate without a cell phone?

I turn to one of the male officers and realize that he is checking out my ass. This startles me because I'm still thinking as a guy would and men don't check out other guy's asses.

He realizes I know what he's doing and quickly turns from me back to his monitor.

“Sorry Kimberly. You just... uh...”

He realizes he might be digging himself into a rather large hole and quits apologizing.

“It's okay Officer Thompson. Just don't make it a habit.”

“Yes ma'am.”

I outrank the officer and have been with the company since my twenty-first birthday. I guess Officer Thompson respects me for that.

I still can't get over not having a cell phone. How do I get hold of Dispatch if I need them?

I scratch my head and Officer Baronette walks in the monitoring room.

“Officer Kardashian, how's it going? You girls having a good one?”

Officer Baronette appears no differently than she is in my normal plane of existence. She is a perky redhead who has her hair up in a French braid that is partially hidden beneath her baseball cap. She has irresistible freckles that dot her face and she tries to hide with foundation. I've tried to date her before but we never hooked up.

“Giving you hell, Kimberly?”

“Huh?”

“The old man giving you hell?”

“Oh. Yep. Same old, same old.”

“Bummer. Got a new trainee?”

Officer Baronette is sizing up Officer Johnston and I know that she'll provide her opinion next time I am alone with her.

“Yep. This is Officer Johnston and she's the best I've had to date!”

Jessica smiles and Christina Baronette takes note with a twinkle in her eye. I've been training patrol officers for over a year and I really do mean wha I say about her.

“Thank you, Officer Kardashian!”

Jessica smiles.

“You're welcome, Officer Johnston. This is Officer Baronette. She's the site manager here. She's in charge of keeping people out of the stadium when there's not a game going on. She manages all of security here when a game is going on.”

I familiarize Jessica with Officer Baronette's duties and ours then we leave. So far so good. Officer Baronette doesn't react to the fact that I'm female now. Oddly, my mannerisms and voice inflections have adjusted too, so much so that I believe I am a woman too.

Go figure.

.....................
.

We finish about three-quarters of our manifest and find ourselves back to my point of transformation. It is still as foggy as hell as we approach the RFID disk on the light pole by the picnic table.

I've let Officer Johnston do everything since the halfway mark of our shift. She's been driving and interacting with whatever officers might be on site at our properties.

We get out of the Tacoma and walk to the light pole. I begin to feel strange again. I cannot shake the feeling and watch Jessica lift her arm up and make contact with the RFID disk. At her moment of contact I get really woosie and I black out.

.....................
.

As I awaken, I am surrounded by Officer Johnston, roving officer Greg Morton and the old man I am necessitated to call my boss.

“You alright, Karcher?”

Fred Harm tries to soften his words. He is my new supervisor and the guy whom I think is usually full of you-know-what. I always clench my teeth pondering what caliber of person could go through life with the last name Harm.

Fred does seem worried.

“You okay, son?”

“Uhm... yeah... I'm okay. Just a little dizzy.”

I realize that I'm being referred to as a “son” and slowly get up.

“Take it easy Kendall. You've been out for almost thirty minutes.”

What? Out for thirty minutes?

Wow.

Thirty minutes?

.....................
.

I am on my feet and I smooth out my uniform. Cadet-blue shirt. Navy pants. My head is bald and I am wearing a baseball cap.

No boobs. No skirt. No ass.

Wow.

I guess its good to be me.

“What time is it? How long do we have left on the shift?”

“It's 0446 hours, Officer Karcher. We're off in a little more than an hour.”

Officer Johnston answers but she is eying me to decide if I am okay.

The old man, Harm, asks how I am feeling and I say everything is okay.

“You two are through today. Go to the office and turn in your reports then go home and rest. I can't let either of you miss training on tomorrow's shift. You'll be paid for the full shift.”

At least Harm was trying to be cordial. He sounded gruff, as usual, but he was at least trying to show that he can be human.

“Johnston will drive, you hear?”

“Yes sir.”

“Johnston, call me if he blacks out again, you hear?”

“Yes sir, Mr. Harm. I will, sir.”

.....................
.

We walked to the Tacoma. It is white with an uninspiring logo on the side. There is a regular steering wheel on the driver side and no computer screens.

I am back in the real world, I guess.

Happy to be me.

I guess.

up
77 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Stay tuned, my dear

Stanman!

The light post may be pivotal, but maybe not. Would Kim Kardashian be surprised if Kendall Karcher actually became like her really good, really alive doppelganger? Can we really have two Kims in one universe? The beauty might amaze us all! Heehee!

Have a good one, sweetie!

Caroline

Ok....

Renee_Heart2's picture

So was he dreaming or wanent he that is the question, there has to be something at that 1 faclity IDK what it is but...
Love Samantha Renee Heart

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Will we see more?

What causes the changes in reality? Is he/she popping back and forth into different dimensions?

Wren