Homecoming Princess (Revised) - Part 6

Printer-friendly version
  
Homecoming Princess (Revised)
 
Part 6
By Arecee
 
Edited by Holly Hart & Sephrena Miller

 
I felt as though I was walking on a cloud! I looked at the clock and realized that I had been here for more than five hours!! I saw Mindy sitting in the reception area. She looked up as I approached her.

When she saw me she gasped.

I had hoped her face would have a look of happiness because of how I looked, but what her face showed was total sheer panic!

“Oh my God! Lynn!!! What have you done?” she gasped. The panic on her face came through in her voice.


Pictures purchased and licensed royalty-free from www.istockphoto.com .
 
 
I switched the alarm off!

Why did early mornings always come so early? *groan* Especially on Saturdays?

I pulled my covers off of me and slowly sat up. What a dream!

It took me a moment for my head to clear as I got up and stretched. I had a lot to do today, so I had better get started. Mindy said that I would shower at her place, so I threw on a pair of jeans and a T-shirt with some obscure heavy metal band on it. I tied my hair back down low into my familiar ponytail.

I went down the hall and slowly opened up my Mother’s bedroom door. Yep! She was still asleep. I figured I’d better let her know that I was leaving. I didn’t want to worry her.

I gently kissed my Mother on her cheek. She started to stir.

“Mom, I’m leaving,” I whispered in her ear.

“Ung, it’s so early. What time is it?” she sleepily asked.

“Almost seven. I have to hurry to meet Mindy. I’ll see you tonight.”

Mom’s hand made its way out from under the comforter and grasped mine.

“Remember to call me when you get home,” she reminded me.

“Of course Mother. I Love you.”

“Love you too, Sweety.”
 

*          *          *

 
I rushed to the bus stop and almost missed the bus. It was early for the first time in recorded history! Ten minutes later I was at Mindy’s front door.

Mindy opened the front door to her house before I could even knock!

“Hurry, you have to take a shower!” she emphasized as she pulled me into her house.

“How did you know I was here?” I whispered back.

“I was watching for you! I didn’t want you to wake my Mom and Dad. Wear the clear plastic shower cap hanging above the towel rack while you shower to keep your hair dry — it’s mine. They are going to do your hair at the salon so don’t wash it. And don’t forget to shave your legs and underarms. Those are going to be on display today with your dress.”

I paused as I knew she had two bathrooms, one down here and one upstairs. I hoped she didn’t mean the upstairs one. That one’s too close to her parent’s room!

Mindy pointed to the one down the hall behind me. “Scoot! I’ll bring your clothes in to you.”

You know what? Mindy is going to make an awesome mother someday. She has all the hallmarks of a good one already.

I turned around and couldn’t help myself! I retorted to her in a high pitched childlike voice, “Yes Mommy!”

Mindy smacked my behind.

I scooted!
 

*          *          *

 
I showered like Mindy had said to do. My legs really didn’t need to be shaved - my hair was not growing back fast at all. It was very thin, fine and short. Certainly not like other boys or men had! They can keep all that hair! I like mine being the way it is. I shaved my legs anyways. If nothing else, it made me feel more like a girl.

“Here are your clothes Lynn. You are using my yellow camisole top with denim shorts. I know you don’t have a wide choice of girl clothing, so it’ll be fine. You’ll be changing out of these after the salon. I’ll be bringing your dress with you and helping you with the makeup.”

I peeked from around the curtain.

“Finish up Miss Slowpoke. We have about 20 minutes to be at the bus stop.”

I stuck my tongue out at Mindy and pulled the curtain back closed.
 

*          *          *

 
I exited the shower and dried myself off. The most gorgeous panties were waiting for me on the toilet lid. They were red and almost pure lace. I know this is meant for an adult woman; they were certainly a bit much for a girl my age. But Mindy had gotten it for me at Victoria’s Secret last week. It was a velvety fabric cut so it dipped down low in the middle where it had just enough fabric to cover my most intimate spot and curved up high to the band as it hugged me below the navel. The label said Bikini cut.

I pushed myself up inside in between my legs and found myself blushing as I pulled the panties up slowly onto me. I loved how they felt!

“Are you ready yet?” Mindy asked from behind me.

Mindy had chosen that precise moment to enter the bathroom. I turned around, facing her. Mindy’s eyes just zeroed in on my panties.

“Lynn,” Mindy started with a startled expression. “Are you sure you aren’t a girl?”

I lowered my head, somewhat embarrassed. I could see that I looked pretty much like a girl where it counted down there, but it was only the looks from the way that I shoved my bits up inside me. I was really a far cry from being a girl.

“Mindy,” I sighed. “I’m a boy.”

Her expression was more of concern. “Well, most boys cannot do what you do with that. It’s not normal.”

“You’ve seen me do this before Min.”

Mindy gave me the eye again. I knew she wasn’t going to back off this issue without saying her piece. What choice did I have? I let her.

“I seriously think you should see a doctor about that Lynn. At least get an opinion. I do care about you.”

Geez! It didn’t hurt me. Why did I need a doctor?

“I’m fine Mindy.” I was a little blustered. I just wanted to drop this issue. I’d really rather have what Mindy has between her legs than what I had. All I was able to do was give the appearance that I looked similar to her down there. I wasn’t really like her down there though. What would it feel like to be a real girl?

*sigh*

“I’m sorry Lynn.” Mindy pulled me into a hug. “I’m just concerned about you. Don’t you dare think I’m making fun of you!”

I know she didn’t. It’s just… with everything that is going on… it’s scaring me! I just wanted to be myself, whatever that might be.

I stifled my reflex for getting the waterworks to flow out of my eyes.

“Okay Mindy. If it will make you feel better, I’ll ask my Mother to make an appointment for me next week. That is, assuming, I’m still her child.”

“Oh Lynn!” She gave me a look of pittance. “Please trust me? She is not going to get rid of you.”

“But what is she going to with me when she talks to Miss Benson? I mean, I am waiting until Sunday to tell her about that.”

Mindy quietly answered. “I don’t know Lynn.”

She squeezed my hand reassuringly.

“I’m scared.”

“I would be too. I’m going to be there for you.”
 

*          *          *

 
I was lost in thought for a moment as Mindy prodded me to lay down so that she could put my breast forms on.

“Mindy wait a second, please. These panties… why did you get them for me? Aren’t they a little… too ‘grown up’ for me?”

I realized then that I was still standing there in only those panties. Mindy has seen me like this before, so it’s no big deal.

“Lynn, they are supposed to be. They are supposed to make you feel more sexy, more adult, and more of a woman. It will help you to stay in that frame of mind while you act out the part of being a Princess today. Remember, the prettier you feel from underneath your dress — from the inside, the prettier you will shine on the outside.”

Well, I did want to do my best. I think I did fairly well this week in school so far. I’m really starting to get attention. I have friends now, and I thought that was impossible! Girls talk to me now, and the boys. Yeah! They never seem to leave me alone. That was an entirely new experience for me, being treated differently, more respectful by them. Yes… even desired by them.

Before, boys used to tease me or else ignore me all together. Then, when I changed my clothing and came to school dressed as a girl, everyone seemed to think I had always been one. They assumed I had been a girl trying to portray being a boy! Now, that I am on the other side of the fence in their eyes, and appearing to them as a girl, I guess they would start to see me as a different person entirely. It’s very stressful to keep trying to turn the conversation away from their wanting to express their feelings about me and wanting to date me to something more mundane that I would like to talk about. I mean, I’m only fourteen! My Mother won’t let me date yet until I’m 16. And I’m going to do as she says.

I want her proud of me.

“Umm, okay.”

“Let’s hurry girl, we are running out of time.” Mindy grabbed some towels and laid them down on the bathroom floor to provide a temporary mat of sorts.

“Okay, now lay down. I have to glue your breasts on. I need to use more glue than we had been using because we can’t take a chance that they might come loose and fall out.”

Yikes! I tried to hide that image from my mind. That would be like, so embarrassing - and a disaster!

“Will we still be able to remove them?”

“It might be a little more difficult, but we can get them off. I can’t have you going home with breasts. Your mother would blow a gasket!” Yes, I believe she would!
 

*          *          *

 
Mindy rubbed the glue all over the back of the forms and held them on my chest until they were set. She then blended the line between my chest and the forms with some sort of elastic makeup stuff she mixed from some tubes to get the right coloration of my skin tone. Where did she get this stuff from?

When she was done, and I stood up admiring her handiwork, they almost looked completely real — my own breasts! They would never survive an up close inspection, but, covered and a casual glance, I doubted that anyone would notice anything amiss.

The first time I had worn these forms, they were a pain in the butt! But now, I really miss not having them on me after they have been removed. I sort of wished that they could be real. I glanced in the mirror at them and bounced on my heels a little and watched them jiggle. I watched a pleased grin pass across my face. Mindy, noticing what I was doing, shoved a bra that matched my panties to me. I knew that upset her just slightly, so I stopped and put the bra on. The bra, oohhh! It was so silky! When I held it in my hands and felt the softness of the material, it felt like it was flowing! I wondered what it would feel like against real breasts - my own?

I imagined the softness of the bra caressing my own nipples as it held me in securely.

“Lynn, stop daydreaming and put your bra on. It’s getting late.”

“Okay,” I mumbled.

Now I knew why girls spent so much time in the bathroom alone at home. You would never have the time to enjoy being a girl if your girl friend was right there beside you to spoil the fun!

Mindy started to giggle.

“Huh?” I had spun the bra back around and already had my right arm through the shoulder strap. “What’s so funny?”

“You. I remember the first time I wore a bra like that. I remember how it made me feel.”

I had finished putting my left arm through the other strap. I was snugging up my forms into the cups more comfortably.

“I must admit, it really does feel good.”

“It’s supposed to. That’s the reason they make bras like that, for girls to feel special. Just don’t get too cozy with it though. It’s only for tonight.”

I hoped not. I liked this feel.

I stared at myself in the mirror again. Try as I might, I couldn’t find a boy anymore in the vision before me.
 

*          *          *

 
I felt a tug at my arm, and Mindy was slipping the camisole top onto me. I joined in helping her put it on. I then slipped into the shorts and then zipped them up.

“Put just a little bit of makeup on because they’re going to remove it when you get there anyways.”

I deftly applied a touch of lipstick and some eye shadow again, as I had been doing for almost a week now, and was satisfied with how I looked.

“You are a quick learner Lynn!” Mindy praised my effort at doing my own makeup.

I smiled.

Mindy then handed me a pair of her white running shoes with pink side bands inlaid on the leather for my feet, since heels were not necessary for the salon trip. I did not want to risk ruining them before Homecoming even began!

Finally, Mindy pulled my hair into a ponytail, except it was a little higher on my head.

“You can change into your dress after the salon. Miss Benson wants us to do it at her office. After the dance, you can come back here to change. My mom thinks you’re a girl named Linda already, so my parents won’t be a problem for that short period of time. Go ahead and leave your boy clothes here, because you won’t need them until after the dance.”

Mindy then hid my boy clothes inside her dresser underneath her clothes.

“Okay. I guess I’m ready.” I took a deep breath.

We both quietly made it out of the house without having disturbed her parents and walked across her lawn to the bus stop and waited for my trip into femininity.
 

*          *          *

 
“I envy you Lynn. I’ve always wanted to have my very own make-over, but Mom says we can’t afford it for me.”

“Are they expensive?”

“Yes they are! Especially at the spa where you’ll be going!”

“My haircuts used to cost like maybe fifteen dollars. Is it more than that?” I asked innocently.

Mindy started laughing again. “It costs like 3 and half times what all your clothes we got for you that day we shopped for you last week.”

Gulp!
 

*          *          *

 
A green Dodge Caravan pulled up alongside the curb in front of us. The window rolled down. An attractive woman, about the same age as my mother, greeted us.

“Hi, and you must be… Lynn Collins?”

“Yes, how did you know?”

“I was guessing… and because you don’t look a day over fourteen! No, Really, I’m Brenda Worthington from Styles Spa. Gloria Benson from Central High School hired us to take you to our Spa for your makeover. A limousine will pick everyone up from our salon at 2 pm to take all of you back to your school to change into your dresses and do your photo shoot there. Then they will give you further instructions on what all of you are supposed to do.”

“Oh,” was my muted response.

She had clicked the door lock to open it. I pulled open the door and let Mindy slide into the far seat first in the back. I then sat down, smoothing out my skirt before finally seating myself. Then, I pulled the door shut. And we were on our way.
 

*          *          *

 
“Lynn the driver here is Lisa. She will be driving you back to your school when we are done.”

“Miss Worthington, this is my best friend in the whole world — Mindy Swanson.”

Brenda turned around in her seat and gently shook Mindy’s hand. “Pleased to meet you Mindy.”

Mindy smiled and replied, “I’m pleased to meet you too.”

“Lynn, I just wanted to add that I think you are going to be, by far, the most beautiful girl there at your Homecoming! You have me wishing I could be as pretty as you are.”

My face just reddened with embarrassment. Was I really that beautiful? Or is this just the way girls communicate by just saying things like that to get your attention. Whatever it was… I liked it!

“I hope you will enjoy your visit to our salon. Our whole staff looks forward to these makeovers every year, because it’s fun to start with a beautiful woman and try to improve what she already has. I won’t be working on you directly, but I will instruct the girls to do the best possible job for you. Hopefully you’ll want to return in the future before one of your special dates with your boyfriend.”

My face went even redder. Mindy kept glancing at me wondering why I was so embarrassed. I wondered if Rex would like my makeover?
 

*          *          *

 
We soon pulled up in front a relatively new looking store called ‘Styles Spa’. This is the right place alright. The outlines of women’s faces, lipstick bottles and hair styles along the front glass window panes impressed me. The neon store lettering above the front doors seemed to greet us with enthusiasm. Brenda led us in.

The smells of various chemicals, the sight of the different stations for doing various things at and the newness scent that permeated the entire salon overwhelmed me.

Wow!

“Come with me Lynn. You’ll need to change into a smock so we don’t ruin your clothes. Have you ever been to a salon before?”

“No ma’am,” I politely replied.

“I didn’t think so. Your hair needs some loving care.” She teased a few strands of my hair, observing the ends of them. “Don’t worry. When we’re done with you, you won’t even recognize yourself.”

That’s exactly what I was afraid of! If I won’t recognize myself, how will my mother?

I entered their changing room and removed my blouse. I glanced in the mirror they had hanging on the back of the door at my chest and knew that if anyone were to see my breasts, I was going to be toast! They really wouldn’t fool anyone. The seams had been cleverly hidden with makeup, but the color of the forms was somewhat off from my own skin color. Thankfully, my dress wouldn’t be showing any cleavage. And neither did this smock it seems. Good!

I put on the smock and tied it tight.
 

*          *          *

 
I exited the room and found a different woman, in her twenties, waiting for me.

“Hi, you must be Lynn! I’m Sondra and I’ll be coordinating your experience today. Brenda left you in my care for the moment. I’ll be doing your hair and you’ll be meeting a different girl for each stage of your makeover.”

“It’s nice to meet you Sondra,” I said, as I extended my hand. We shook gently.

“Are you ready for your total experience?” Sondra warmly smiled at me.

“Yes ma’am. I think so.”

I was definitely intrigued by all of this stuff. As a boy, I never did much for my appearance. But girls, geez!, They go through a heck of a lot for their appearance! That was a recurring theme Mindy kept impressing upon me. I guess now I can see why. Beauty is not easy!

I couldn’t wait to see what they were going to do to me!

Sondra led me to a wash station and proceeded to wash and condition my hair. When she was finished she wrapped my hair in a towel and brought me back to her station.

“So, Lynn, do you have any ideas as to what you would like?” she asked.

Well, of course I did. I had been studying hair fashion magazines all of my life. Even when I didn’t know I had wanted to be a girl, I knew I loved a lot of the hair styles I saw in those magazines and daydreamed of wearing them. That had been the impetus for me to grow my hair long. There were some styles that I really liked a lot. The trouble was, I liked them all equally! I couldn’t decide! So, I thought it would be best for Sondra to make that decision for me.

“I am sorry Ma’am. I thought that maybe you might have some ideas,” I offered, “I’ll trust your judgment. All that I would like for is to be able to have a ponytail like I do now, after you’re done.”

Hopefully, I’ll look somewhat normal for me at least when this is over with.

Sondra removed my towel and framed my face with my wet hair. She held up the back, all the while she had a quizzical expression about her face as she studied my face and the possibilities. Her expression suddenly changed from one of those ‘I was looking all over the store’ to a ‘I just found what I was looking for’ smiles.

“I know just the thing! It will be perfect for you, and you’ll be able to pull it back into a ponytail later if you like. But I doubt that you will want to,” she cheerily said.

I looked around to ask Mindy what I should do - but she was gone! Oh no!

“Miss - I mean Sondra? Do you know where my friend Mindy is?” I asked, definitely not wanting to make such a serious decision on my own.

“Was she that girl slightly taller than you, brown hair, brown eyes, violet top with some sunflowers on them, and size 10 jeans?”

Omigosh!! She detailed Mindy to a T! Were all women this observant?

“Yes ma’am. That’s her.”

Sondra stated, “Lisa had to drive her back to her house. She forgot to bring your dress and shoes for your Homecoming.”

Oh God! What should I do?

“She’ll be back soon,” Sondra reassured me as she was looking through a cabinet for some bottles.

I can’t stall you until then, can I?

Sondra set the bottles down on the counter top behind me and waited for me.

I had no idea which hairstyle of the ones I liked I would want most. And Sondra is indirectly asking me if I wanted her to proceed. I have to give her some kind of answer without looking too much like a dork.

I bit my lower lip and nervously said, “Okay Sondra, I’m sure whatever you do will be just fine.”

I truly hoped so!

I squinted my eyes as Sondra began her work.
 

*          *          *

 
“Well Lynn, In order to do what I have in mind, I am going to have to trim some of your hair to make it work. I have to rim it a bit and then I’m going to color it with an accent highlight coloring.”

Color? Oh No! I was not going to be rude and say no. After all, I had just given her permission to do what she felt was best. Fudge! Fudge!

Sondra took some shears in hand and pulled down on the hair on the front of my head.

Snip!

I heard the scissors snap shut. I expected to see a small amount of hair fall down in front of my eyes. But when the huge clump of hair that I saw fall past my vision, I gasped!

“I’m giving you some bangs for this style,” Sondra informed me as she kept right on trimming.

Bangs? Holy crap, I’m dead! Forget Monday! After the Homecoming Dance tonight, I was going to be like totally gone! What was I going to do? There was absolutely no turning back now! Oh my God! The damage had just been done! Why couldn’t I have just said no?

Sondra continued to snip and cut all around my head.

Sometime during the process, my head quit flinching with each snip, as I had slid into an eerie calmness. You know, sort of like the way a condemned man would feel before being executed?

Yeah, just like that.
 

*          *          *

 
When she finished, she fluffed my still wet hair with her hands. Her smile couldn’t have been more proud.

“Now I’m going to give you some color.”

Sondra dried her hands on a towel and then brought out a stack of color strips on a large metal loop. The strips had various shades colors on each strip. She compared some to my hair and then asked me which color seemed to contrast best to my hair by showing me the specific block of color on the few strips she had selected.

I was so nervous I really felt like I needed to use the girl’s room!

I gulped, and pointed to a light shade of a red-brown color on the first strip to blend in with my hair.

Sondra then consulted a thick book lying on top of her counter before she started to mix and test the liquids she was going to color my hair with. It wasn’t long before she applied the coloring to my hair. She took small groupings of my hair and wrapped them with foil to keep them separated.

About what I thought was a half an hour later, Sondra started cleaning up her counter.

“Well, we are all done for now, Lynn. I’m going to set the timer for 15 minutes. When it dings, I’ll remove the foil and rinse out the coloring agent. Just lay back and relax. I’ll be back over when it dings, don’t worry”

“Thank you very much Sondra. I appreciate your efforts on me.” I complimented her. Never insult the chef cooking your food! Or in this case, the beautician.

“It’s a real pleasure to work with you Miss Collins. I’m sure you are going to love my creation. See you in a few minutes!” Sondra then walked on across the store to the back through a curtain.

It’s already too late to hide what had been done to me. There was really no point in worrying about hiding this anymore. The damage has been done. And I’m sure some more is soon to follow.

This is what is expected of me I kept thinking to myself.

I just let go mentally, and lay there.

Sondra was tapping my shoulder. I stirred.

“Taking a nap?” Sondra grinned at me. Woah! I didn’t even hear the timer go off!

Sondra leaned the chair back further so that my hair was hanging back over her sink. She began to unwrap the foil and started rinsing my hair out of that not-so-nice smelling liquid.

I felt some more tugging at my hair and glance back in the mirror. She was putting some rollers in my hair and spraying a solution over the hair as she rolled it. I think I had heard her say something about permanent, but I wasn’t paying much attention.

She soon finished rolling my hair and led me to a line of hair driers. These are not the portable ones you dry your hair with, like the type Mom uses. These are huge bowl shaped ones on some kind of metal arm that lowers over your head!

Sondra seated me next to the other girls going through the same treatment as me.

I was half-expecting them to turn and look towards me and scream ‘It’s a Boy! What on earth are you doing in here with us? And why are you trying to be a Princess?” Well, realistically, I had been going to school now for almost a week dressed as girl, and no one cared. Everyone assumed that I was a girl already. But I sure felt those girls might do it! I was that scared!

I glanced over at them and noticed that they were all reading magazines. So I did as the natives do - I leaned over and grabbed one on teen girl fashion and began to read.

Boy this hot air is making me sweat!

Two magazines later, Sondra came back over and shut my dryer off.

“Ok Miss Collins, let’s head back over to my station and I’ll finish up your hair.”
 

*          *          *

 
I leaned back and felt Sondra removing the roller one at a time. Then I felt a brush start stroking what I felt were the tight inward curls of my hair at the ends. I saw her go around me, looking me over and combing and brushing certain parts of my hair until she was finally pleased.

“Here,” she was saying as she adjusted a lever below the seat, “Lets spin you around so that you can see my masterpiece!”

Oh God, I’m too scared to look! I closed my eyes tight!

Sondra then spun the chair around. I heard silence for a few moments.

“Oh Lynn! There is nothing to be afraid of honey! Look. I promise you. Open your eyes! You’re absolutely beautiful!”

I slowly opened my eyes. I was totally unprepared for what I saw!

I saw a gorgeous feminine creature staring back at me in the mirror! My mouth opened wide but no words came out. That girl in the mirror was a girl men would fight over to have! She oozed sensuality! She was every boy’s dream!

And that girl was me!

It was then that I noticed my hair - how beautifully styled it was! The bangs I was so concerned about flowed softly across my forehead and curled under just above my eyes. The rest of my hair fell in a loose inward curl angled down below my shoulders in the back. I could see that she had actually cut the innermost layers of my hair shorter inside and they were progressively longer as it was layered to the outside — making the cut on a downward angle at a diagonal from the inside to the outside of my hair as it curled on around and over my shoulders. I reached up to touch it and found it was flexible and stayed relatively in shape as I moved it some and let go. It bounced! This is a good thing!

“Thank you so much Sondra! I’m... speechless! This is just wonderful! I love it!” I gushed.

Sondra beamed a warm smile, pleased that I actually loved what she had done.

“I’m very glad you like it Lynn. It’s you! I’ll go get Rachael and she will be doing your eyebrows.”

My eyebrows? Didn't Mindy just do them a few days ago?
 

*          *          *

 
Sondra returned with another woman who seemed be slightly younger than herself. I would guess 18-19 years old?

“Lynn, this is Rachael. She’s the best makeup person we have. She’s going to make you even more beautiful,” Sondra said, and then walked away.

“Hi Lynn! It’s nice to meet you. My, you’re very pretty already!”

I blushed again. I just can’t help it anymore! It’s become an instinctual reaction to whenever someone mentions how nice I look. This was all still so new to me!

“Thank you very much.”

Rachael replied, “And such a polite girl too! Let me look over your brows first.”

I could see a mixture of expressions as she looked over my brows and ran her fingernail through them some. I didn’t like that last expression I saw on her face though.

“Ooh, who did your brows?” she asked.

“My friend Mindy,” I replied.

“She left them a little uneven, but don’t you worry. I can fix anything.”
 

*          *          *

 
Rachael took a pair of tweezers in her hand and proceeded to even my brows. I didn’t know they were so uneven. I thought Mindy had done a fine job, myself. I guess it shows there is still a lot to learn about making one’s self more beautiful.

I flinched with each hair that was pulled.

She finished and held up a hand mirror for me to see the artistry which she had performed.

“There you go, beautiful aren’t they?” she asked me proudly.

Oh My God! What has she done to me? My eyebrows were definitely even alright, each side match the other perfectly! There was just one little problem though… there were hardly any brows left! And what was left… screamed GIRL! I was beyond scared! I am so screwed when Mom sees this!

Rachael was waiting for my reaction to her hard work. I guess it would be in bad taste to tell her that what she had done was sign my death warrant.

“They’re beautiful Rachael,” I said. Inside my head, I was sobbing! I was screwed! So screwed! I really couldn’t even predict how mad Mom was going to be when she saw me tonight!

“I’m so glad you like my work! Before I start on your makeup, Let me take you over to Judy and let her do your nails.”

“My nails?”

“Yes. You’re having a total makeover, and that means hair, nails, and makeup - the whole works! We’ve just started!”
 

*          *          *

 
I let that inner sense of calmness take over and saturate my insides as we walked over to where Judy was. Rachael had me sit on a chair in front of her nail table. Various small bottles of colors and clear stuff were all around her and there were brushes, a scrubby pad, some nail files and a hobby pen drill with some metal bit in it.

“Hi sweetie, I’m Judy. Which Princess are you?” she asked.

“I’m from the freshman class,” I responded.

“Well, just between you and me, you are the prettiest girl that I have seen come in here for quite some time.”

Another blush rose on my face.

“Thank you.” I demurely responded.

“Is there any special color that you’d like for me to do for you?” she asked.

I glanced around her at the rows and rows of colorful nail polish bottles. I didn’t have a clue as to what color I wanted my nails painted. In fact, I had never painted them. Mindy had done mine a couple of times for me. But she had decided the color, not me. This would be my first.

“Umm… I really can’t decide” I admitted. “Would you mind very much if you were to pick out the color for me? Please?”

Judy gave me a look like she had just found a lost soul. After tonight, I probably was going to be one anyways, so it was fitting.

“Well, since you’re going to a special school dance, we should make sure your nails look very good. How about this? What color is your dress?” she asked me.

“Red.”

“What color of red? Burgundy, light red, red, or an orange red? There are lots of reds.”

Why did this have to be so complicated? I didn’t know what color of red my dress was until I remembered my panties and bra. They matched the dress! But I didn’t want to remove my smock and show everyone my body. Especially my breast forms!

“It’s the same red as my panties,” I said, blushing furiously.

“Ok sweety, let me see part of it.”

I pulled the side of my smock up and my shorts down far enough to expose the red band that hugged my hips. Judy held a similar color strip chart next to the band.

“Okay honey,you can cover yourself up again. I have the color,” she giggled. “Now let me see what I have to work with.”

She took my lithe delicate hands into hers and shook her head.

“What in the world did you do to your nails? You have none!”

“I have to keep them trimmed for water polo,” I replied. I did, but that was in the past! My nails, I kept them trimmed low with clippers and very evenly.

“Well, these won’t do hon. I’ll have to give you extensions. How long would you like them?”

Why is everyone asking me what I’d like? I can’t make decisions like this! Why did Mindy have to leave? She would know how long they should be. How in the world am I supposed to know this stuff?

“I’m not sure?” I answered truthfully.

“Okay. Do you want to go overboard with really long ones? Medium length ones? Or short ones longer than what you have now?

“Umm, Judy? Would you be able to show me the lengths somehow? I think that might help me to make a better decision?”

“Sure, here,” Judy giggled as she pulled out a tray of plastic nail extensions and She demonstrated each by taking the extension and sliding it slowly out along the top of my finger to show how much would be sticking out over the fingertip. I finally saw what I felt was appropriate, about a quarter of an inch long.

“A quarter of an inch would be very nice.”

Judy smiled and went right to work: first on the extensions she glued to each fingertip and snipping them down roughly to size. She then painted a gel filling in over top, then sanded, filed, and finally buffed. She gave my fingertips a very girlish oval type curve. Wow! I loved that a lot!

I never realized how much work nice nails were! She gave me the color and then a clear coat to protect the color. She must have given me five coats of paint! I’ll have to protect them with my life! Now I know why girls get so upset when they break a nail. I found my hands placed in some kind of UV light box. Judy said that would harden the nails. That’s a lot of work for just fingernails!

She then proceeded to shape and polish my toenails while my fingernails were stuck in this light box thingy. I soon was able to wiggle my toes and peer down to see them. I saw perfectly oval shaped red nails on them as well!

“Do you approve Lynn?” she asked me after she had opened the light box so I could remove my hands. I wiggled my fingers and was still trying to get used to the new feel of longer nails. I couldn’t take my eyes off of them! They looked really great!

“Yes ma’am. Very much! It’s the best I have ever had done!” Well, that was the truth also! This is the first time I had ever gotten nail extensions. Sure made my ability to grab things with my fingers very different!
 

*          *          *

 
Rachael had come back over beside me and asked, “Are you ready for your makeup now, Lynn?”

Does this stuff ever really end?

“Yes ma’am. I am”

“Come back over this way to my chair and I’ll finish you up!”

Rachael deliberately had the chair facing away from the wall mirror behind it so that I couldn’t see what was going on while she was applied the makeup.

Rachael went to work on my face.

Don’t ask me what she did because I didn’t have a clue! She tried to explain every move, but it was like trying to explain what the Golden Gate Bridge looks like in a foreign language. I knew something of what she was telling me, I just didn’t understand it all.
 

*          *          *

 
I heard Rachel snap a plastic makeup case closed and said, “You, my dear, are done! Now to unveil you to yourself!”

Rachel spun the barbershop-like chair around and I looked into the mirror.

“You like it?” she asked.

Did I like it? I loved it! If I thought I was beautiful before, I was a goddess now! I was totally gorgeous! Rachael was a true artist! I looked at my reflection in the mirror and saw the prettiest girl on earth!

Omigosh! This is who I was meant to be! Yes! YES!! YES!!! This… This was my true self!

My excitement grew.

I was now savoring and relishing in this knowledge to its fullest! If I was going to die, then this was worth it!

My excitement started to grow.

I, Lynn Collins, freshman Homecoming Princess of Central High, felt truly alive for the first time in my entire life! I owed Mindy so much - more than she knew what she had done for me!

I found myself!
 

*          *          *

 
“I see you like what we did for you,” Sondra stated.

“Oh my gosh! Yes ma’am! It’s… Sondra, I didn’t know this was possible!”

“Sweetheart, we had a lot to work with. All we did was highlight what you already had. You’re a beautiful woman, Lynn.”

I felt as though I was walking on a cloud! I looked at the clock and realized that I had been here for more than five hours!! I saw Mindy sitting in the reception area. She looked up as I approached her.

When she saw me she gasped.

I had hoped her face would have a look of happiness because of how I looked, but what her face showed was total sheer panic!

“Oh my God! Lynn!!! What have you done?” she gasped. The panic on her face came through in her voice.

“Don’t you like it?” I asked innocently. I really wanted Mindy to appreciate how beautiful I now looked and to share that emotion with me.

“What were you thinking? How do you think you’re going to hide your brows, and do you think a ponytail is going to change the look of your hairstyle? Bangs don’t just go away,” Mindy exasperated in a hushed tone of voice I didn’t like.

But you left me! I-I-I d-didn’t know what else to do!” I whined.

“Oh Lynn… I’m so sorry! I forgot that you aren’t a girl, and don’t know anything about being a girl. I shouldn’t have left you by yourself! I didn’t know they would make you so gorgeous!”

Well, there went my feeling of beauty. Panic took over and threw her right out the window!

“What are we going to do now? Can we fix this at your house after the dance?” I begged, as panic showed in my voice.

“I don’t know sweety. I’ll think of something. I did go back to get your dress and heels. They are in Miss Benson's office.”

Mindy was lost in thought for a minute and then faced me.

“Lynn, look. This is your day. Be a Princess and enjoy it. This will never happen again! So whatever comes later, comes. Just shine as the beautiful Princess that you are tonight! Everything will be okay. Lynn… I love you to pieces!”

Mindy gently hugged me and I was now worried. If she was almost in tears about this, I..I-I .. I’m really deep in it! Maybe Mom would find a way to chase me after I had died and left my body?

Mindy looked back up into my eyes, seeing the fear showing on my face.

“I won’t let anything happen to you Lynn.”
 

*          *          *

 
I already realized that I had allowed things to happen to me that I shouldn’t have.

I felt very sick!

What was I going to say to my Mother? Try as I may, I won’t be able to hide my now new feminine look! Fudge it all! I hope Mindy will be able to salvage something of my life. She’s the only anchor I have!

Wait a minute! There was one other thing that might save me!
 

*          *          *

 
I walked back over to Sondra.

“Sondra, do you remember when I asked you to make sure if I could still have a ponytail if I wanted?”

“Of course dear! I didn’t forget,” she replied, with confidence overflowing in her voice.

Sondra faced me to the wall mirror, took my hair into her hands and held it up at the appropriate height for a girl’s ponytail, pulling it slightly. It looked great! Except it looked great on a girl! Not a boy! And I looked like an even younger girl with it pulled up into a ponytail like that! Mindy was right, bangs didn’t just go away! They emphasized more girl into one’s looks. I couldn’t go back to being a boy now!

“Well, what do you think?” Sondra asked proudly.

What could I say? Sondra, you screwed up? She had done a wonderful job with my hair.

“I love it Sondra,” I meekly answered.

I did love it! I truly did! I felt so mixed right now. I loved all this pampering and the new me I found. I had become the girl I was meant to be!

But what about Mom?

How am I going to explain this to her? And what about school? And Mom’s meeting with Miss Benson Monday?

How am I going to explain to my Mother that I’m a girl now?

I won the Homecoming Princess contest fair and square — well… maybe not. But what’s so wrong with a very beautiful boy winning the contest? Even one that acted more a girl than most of the real girls that he saw in school? I won, and I don’t think anyone else besides Miss Benson and Mindy even know that I am a boy.

But does that matter?

I wanted to cry!!!

I knew that if I did that all of the hard work Rachael had done for me would have been for naught!

I did the only thing I could do. I simply gave up! I pushed all of my worries and dark thoughts into the furthest corner of my brain!

Brenda Worthington opened the front door of the salon from outside. I could see a huge elongated black car parked there behind her! It was amazing!

“Girls! We have to return you to your school so you can put on your dresses and have your pictures taken. The limousine is waiting outside for you. Grab your things.” Brenda said.

I became Lynn, the smiling Princess!


 
To Be Continued...

up
167 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

If only dreams and wishes

If only dreams and wishes came true as Lynn's is slowly doing so. I still believe and feel that her Mother is going to be estatic to have a daughter, after she comes down off the ceiling when she first sees Lynn, the girl. Somehow, "Mom" knows that her son should have been a girl because of his very fine and feminine features. J-Lynn

Maybe

that's why she called her son Lynn... Because deep down she really wanted a daughter!

Kirri

Dead Girl Walking

Lynn has achieved the calm that only certain death can bring.

On the other hand, she should just show up at home in her princess dress, hair, and makeup. A little shock therapy for her mother, who's sure to pass out completely! That would at least shift the center of any ensuing conversation. After her mom stops coming to and passing out again, that is.

That would be a sight

I'd live to see this.

And I think that Sunday evening or Monday doesn't make much difference. Her mother is going to know what happened soon enough. Delaying the revelation for 12 hours wouldn't do much I think.

I can't wait to see her in her princess role.

That's a very good story I think, please continue :)

Mildred

Nice! I'm still having

Nice! I'm still having suspension of disbelief issues with some of the premise points, but they were remote in this segment, so it was all good. Looking forward to more.

Maybe Lynn is Like Drew And Valerie

Od Gaby and Tuck, respectively. Both boys are proven to be more girl than boy. If that's the case with Lynn, it could dampen any fireworks.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Lynn seems to have crossed

Lynn seems to have crossed her Rubicon at the salon. She found herself. There is no turning back. Lynn's mother senses that Lynn is a girl inside. Being presented with the reality, especially since she is so beautiful, will be a shock. In the end, her mother will embrace her. Lynn is so naturally a girl and not a boy in a dress.

Really sweet story, I enjoy it. Thanks for giving us an entertaining story.

Hugs,
Trish-Ann

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

No, it's more like

Lynn's maleness has met its Waterloo :).

Kim