Rhysling's Rue - Part 6

Printer-friendly version

There she was, drifting in front of him in microgravity, her burgeoning breasts teasing him, her hips undulating with the minor effort required to keep her in place, in the middle of the cabin. He felt an almost overwhelming lust for her, but knew somehow that to lunge for her and seek sexual completion was the very thing that would scare her away, so he held and watched her dance for him, a shy nymph, wanting him but frightened by the visible evidence of his manhood, standing proud, straight and twitching with desire before him.

Rhysling's Rue
Chapter 6

By Theide

 


 
Jeff had finished downchecking his ship, signed off on the results without even thinking about it, and was on his way to sickbay to check on the kid he had rescued from almost certain death. It had been a little over three hours since the kid had been hauled from the makeshift craft, and the crew chief on deck watch was still marveling over the impromptu piece of technology the kid had thrown together.

On his way there, he heard voices, one of which he knew was the Captain, the other took a minute to penetrate his focused state of awareness. “Cap’n, that’s the damndest rig I ever saw. If it hadn’t been for that one damaged circuit board, it would have worked.”

“So you are telling me that that kid almost cobbled together a workable ship out of some door control panels and a storage compartment on a station?”

“Yep, that’s exactly what I’m sayin.” That raspy bass the chief engineer seemed to project resonated within the passageway. “I saw what Nav projected as the most likely destination, and the control programming confirmed it. Looks like he was headed for one of the smaller moons to replenish volatiles for fuel. The only reachable destination from there was the Saturn system. I’m guessing the kid was headed for neutral territory, hoping to find some kind of refuge with the ice miners. Damn smart of the little bastard, and he probably would have made it if not for that one fault in the circuitry. The fucked up thing is that that board failed QC for higher level control functions so it was bumped down to general maintenance and they used it for a bloody hatch controller. It was fine for that, but one of the higher level logic controllers was fucked beyond any hope of repair, and with the equipment the kid had, there was no way to know it.”

“Well Master Chief, thanks for the briefing, if I have any more questions, I’ll be sure to let you know. Good evening” Jeff could almost hear the normally slovenly Master Chief come to attention and salute his captain as she left him standing at the entry hatch to Sickbay.

He waited for a few moments, hidden in a maintenance alcove until he saw the captain stride past on her way back out. He admired her confidence, the way she seemed to just be beyond all question, perfectly in command of both herself and her ship, not to mention all who served aboard her. True, there was a brief surge of jealousy, but he had never thought himself to be suited for command on her level. In truth, he didn’t want that kind of responsibility. Perfection for him was the delicate ballet of his ship and himself in counterpoint to gravitation and whatever he had been sent to retrieve. The fact that he had to perform complex mathematics dealing with the relative motions of several different objects being influenced by varying gravitational fields never occurred to him, it was about as natural to him as breathing.

A few moments later, he found himself in the doctor’s office. “Doc, is she gonna live? Is she gonna be ok?”

The doctor looked at him steadily for a moment before replying. There was something in that gaze he couldn’t quite fathom, something between humor and sympathy, something he didn’t understand. “Well,” another pause fraught with meaning he didn’t get, “Yeah, EllTee, the patient is gonna be ok. It’s gonna be a few more hours still, you know Neomorpha takes a while to wear off, and I can’t really say when the patient will be ready for visitors.” He pulled a pipe out of a pouch around his waist and lit it, puffing fragrant streams of blue smoke into the air of the cramped cabin. “You just go get some sack time and I’ll let you know what’s up, ok?’

Jeff agreed and let his instincts draw him to his berth. He strapped himself into his bunk and drifted into a sort of semiconscious state.

There she was, drifting in front of him in microgravity, her burgeoning breasts teasing him, her hips undulating with the minor effort required to keep her in place, in the middle of the cabin. He felt an almost overwhelming lust for her, but knew somehow that to lunge for her and seek sexual completion was the very thing that would scare her away, so he held himself in check and watched her dance for him, a shy nymph, wanting him but frightened by the visible evidence of his manhood, standing proud, straight and twitching with desire before him.

His very being was consumed with desire for this marvelous woman before him, but he dared not approach. It was only then that he realized there was something more to her. Yes, there were pink glistening lips, swollen with desire, but mounted above them was…

He fought the straps, awakening to realize he had been dreaming and collapsed back into the damp and cum stained sheets to enter true sleep.


 
To be Continued...

up
116 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments