The end

Printer-friendly version

Today was the first day of the rest of my life and I hated it. I bade goodbye to my husband the night before. He looked into my eyes and told me he loved me before he died. I can take comfort in that, at least. Now I am left with this yawning emptiness in my soul, a hole in my heart that can never be filled.

I suppose I can take some solace in the fact that I am now free to transition, to become the woman I have always wanted to be and he could never stand, but the truth is, I’d rather be tied to my ugly male self and have him to hold me at night.

I think I’ll just cut my wrists and join him in death. I can’t imagine living without him.

up
64 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Consider

[email protected] I really hope that you don't . I too have known that hurt , pain . I even attempted to carry out a plan . Having failed in that , I can only assume that my time has not yet come . Write me . I will gladly share with you .

Cavrider----Just another " Grunt."

That is very nice of you

Fortunately, the events in this story have not yet happened. I'm simply borrowing pain from the future. I don't want it to be, but someday I know this will be the truth. I can't imagine what I will do then. I married a man 20 years my senior, with major health issues, so barring accident or illness of my own, I know that one day I will bury him, I just hope it isn't for many years yet.

I don't know why I wrote this, but I felt I needed to.

Battery.jpg

Hope for the future

I believe that I can say that many of us here hope that by the time you eventually lose your companion that you will have found the strength to go on. Making a life with someone you love is a wonderful thing. Having outside friends and interests provide us with a support system for when everything seems black. I'm sure there are many people here willing to support and encourage you.

Huggs,

Michelle

Michelle B

'The End'

The hardest part for me was waking up to his empty side of the bed. I 'liked' your interesting little piece; very touching.

Truly,

Kelly

Theide, Take Comfort In

Knowing that you are loved here.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

We Love You

We love you. That is all.

:)