A Prayer Answered : Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version
      Tim had finally come out to his father about wanting to be a girl. Discover what happens next: Does David, Tim’s father, continue to help his son, now his daughter, achieve her ambitions? Are prayers really answered in the way we think they are? Graciously edited by stanman63.
 
And Now...

 
A Prayer Answered
Chapter Two
By Sara D.

Chapter 2
 
I followed Tim into Forever 21 and it was like watching a kid in a candy store. I remembered feeling the same emotions the first time I went out shopping for myself. He was defiantly into shopping and handling all those soft and silky clothes. I saw the expression on his face change as he fondled a lovely satin knee length dress. I saw anticipation and a little fear in his eyes as he glanced over towards the fitting rooms. I saw him change right in front of me at that very moment; I began to see the girl that had been hiding in plain sight all this time. The feminine mannerisms, the content look on her face.

A son no more stood in front of me and entered the changing room. I looked at my new daughter in a new light. I was thinking of Tim as Sandra now, my daughter. It’s going to be a long road for her, I have to support whatever decision she makes for herself. I knew her answer even before she did. The glow on her pretty face as she stepped out of the fitting room in that red satin dress. It fit perfectly except for needing help in the chest. If you’ve ever seen the look on your child’s face on Christmas morning getting that special toy they’ve always wanted then you know that look. A look of contentment and utter love, I could not help but smile at her as she twirled around happy as can be.

“I love it dad, what do you think?” Sandra said with great anticipation.

“I think it suits you well Sandra, you are certainly a beautiful girl even without make up,” I said then realized I had used her feminine name, oops.

“Thank you dad, I am going to need more than this you know. I hope you can handle the shopping needs of a sixteen year old girl.” Sandra said with a grin then paused as she realized I called her Sandra. “You just called me Sandra, how did you know.” She asked puzzled.

“God has mysterious was of answering prayers Sandra, and in a way told me to be at home to answer it and here we are.”

“Thank you, I love you daddy," Sandra said as she hugged me.

Sandra and I spent the rest of the evening shopping at several stores; I must tell you I feel broke now. I am really going to need to work more hours to make up for this. As we got home and I helped her put away her new things I wanted to see what she felt about what was next for her.

“You know Sandra, your dad is going to have to work overtime to make up for all of your new clothes, shoes, make up and jewelry, “ I said with a chuckle. “I don’t want you to put all of these clothes away and then not wear them.”

“Oh daddy, don’t worry I intend to never wear boys clothes again. In fact if you will let me, I would like to throw them all out.” Sandra said with conviction.

“What about school sweet heart; aren’t you afraid what will happen when you show up dressed as a girl.” I asked now truly worried as to what might happen to my baby, I don’t want her to get hurt.

“I can’t hide who I really am anymore, if they can’t accept me like I am then they were never friends to begin with. Besides, Sandra has more friends than you’re aware of dad.”

“As long as you are sure about this, I will contact the school and tell them of your decision. But I am sure they will want you to talk to a psychologist to confirm you are truly going to transition.”

“We can talk to Thelma, she knows all about me dad, she told me when I was ready she would be able to help.”

“Am I the only one that was kept in the dark about my daughter?” I said with a fake pout.

“Daddy, you were only kept in the dark because I was afraid of what you would think about me being a girl. Mom kept insisting you would be OK, but I never got over that fear and then mom passed away before I had the courage to talk to you about it. Now God has answered my prayer and here I am, I’m putting away my new clothes and planning on living the rest of my life as me, the real me Sandra,” She said sounding much happier and content than she ever has in the past few months.

It took us about an hour to put away all her new things and to box up her old clothes. I put them in the garage later in the night and sat down and watched television. Sandra joined me a bit latter wearing her new pink satin nightie and snuggled up to me. I felt content and happy for my new daughter and felt the day was productive and healing in a way. What will the future hold for me and Sandra? I just hope I am doing the right thing.

Shortly after she laid her head on my chest she fell asleep, she was asleep for a few minutes and I began to get tire myself. I felt bad about waking her but we both needed the rest. As I tucked her into her bed I gave her a kiss on the forehead and said good night.

“Good night Sandra, sleep well,” As I left I heard her pray once again and knew I could hear her.

“Dear lord, I want to thank you for answering my prayer. I have the most wonderful daddy in the world. Bless him and keep him, in Jesus name I pray. Amen.”

“That was nice sweetie, now get some sleep.”

“Good night….daddy.”

I closed her door and went to my own room and got under the covers and slept better than I had it months. ‘Thank you God for my beautiful daughter’. I prayed just before falling to sleep.


 
From Sandra’s point of view from here on out. Chapter 3 Coming soon.
 

up
73 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Editing

Can anyone help me with the HTML and get the story text off center. I keep trying but my skills are none existent.

[Admin Edit - Sephrena Lynn Miller: Fixed and recoded all the way back including the title page and linked. Done!]

Fixed now, thank you.

Great story

I also hope that the dad is thinking about bringing back his Sara identity, even just for a simple girls' night out with his daughter. Who knows, maybe it might end up mother/daughter?

To the author = I noticed in this version and chapter three you refer to Sandra also as Susan. Maybe you changed the name while writing the story? Or a typo? :)

Beautiful Sara

Lovely story you have here. Is this the end or are there more chapters?
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Oh I wish...

But not possible in my family/town/school. I suppose I was about 4 years old when I knew there was a problem and 14 when I found out what it was.

I like the concept but the lack of tension and short chapters, together with the need for proof-reading, makes this a difficult read. Maybe there's more action to come?

I reserve judgement until I see where this is going.

Susie

Nice Story

RAMI

Nice story. Does Dad get achance to be his alter ego.

Rami

RAMI

I can't wait for them to become

Mother and Daughter!

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita