Diva Dismayed 25

Printer-friendly version

Diva Dismayed: Chapter 25 – My new image

Before the next photo shoot, I had a compelling conversation with my employer. She detained me as I was about to take my break for lunch.

“Jennifer, dear. Have you got a minute.”

I regarded her attentively, wondering what was coming next.

“Don’t look so worried” she smiled. “I’ve been meaning to ask you. How has your modelling been going.”

“It’s been going well, thanks Mrs Millward. Walt seems to be quite happy with me.”

“And are you happy with him? What are you being asked to do?”

I described the work I’d done so far and went on to tell her that the photographer was hopeful about lining up an advertising contract soon.”

“Then you would be in front of the camera on a regular basis. Mmm… Are you comfortable to do that?”

“I guess so, though I’m not so sure about having my pictures all over national magazines like he seems to expect. Being recognised by strangers might be a nuisance, if that were to happen.”

I’d had this worry at the back of my mind for some time. Up to now I’d always found anonymity to be my best friend.

“I’m not surprised. You strike me as the sort of girl who likes a quiet life.”

I nodded in agreement.

“Perhaps I might make a suggestion? Have you thought of making some changes to your appearance? For your modelling sessions, why not go blonde for instance?”

“Colouring my hair?” I wasn’t sure how that would help.

“No, not exactly. You will want to be able to switch from your normal look to one that you keep just for the photographs. Let’s find you a wig. It’s amazing how different you might appear if you were to wear one. Ask Sally here to help you choose something suitable. Also, you could try altering your make-up and go for a more dramatic style.”

“Ooh, I’m in. This sounds like fun!” squealed my colleague when she heard what was intended.

Accordingly, when there was a quiet spell at the salon that afternoon, I allowed Sally to have her way with me. It was not without misgivings. As I half-expected, there were no holds barred when she got going. She tried various hairpieces on me, but, after rejecting most of them as too outlandish or not different enough, she settled on a long blonde wig in a natural style. She felt that it retained a youthful look but that it added a degree of sophistication.

“Just one problem” said Sally after a few unavailing attempts to fit the one we'd selected to her satisfaction. “Your own hair is too bulky to go under this.”

She pondered, then “Well. It’s time these extensions came out in any case. I’ll remove them, shall I?”

I agreed a little reluctantly. That would mean my everyday look would also need to change.

“You know your hair needs a good trim, so after we’ve done with the wig, let me style it for you.”

I couldn’t think of any alternative so accordingly, I gave in. “Whatever you think.”

Once my new hair was in place, she went to town on my face with blush, eyeshadow and mascara until I scarcely recognised my reflection.
AJeRImg18
“Happy?” asked my colleague after making the final adjustments to my hair.
I had to admit that the result looked good. “Very happy” I beamed. She was right! Having a new look could be fun.

“Now, we’ll take it all off again and then I’m going to give you a shorter natural hairstyle. Okay?”

Two new looks in one day. What could be better?

On my way home that evening, I encountered Della as I approached the building. She was headed in the opposite direction and unaccountably she walked straight past me. I turned and stared after her wondering if I’d done something to offend her before I twigged. She hadn’t recognised me with my newly styled hair.
AJeRImg21
Once I was inside, I gleefully rang for the elevator. I wanted to try out the new me on Noah.

The old guy wasn’t so easily taken in, “Why, Miss Jennifer. You caint fool me. I knowd it was you. I ain’t blind just yet, I’ll have you know!”
However, I was pleased to note that he’d taken a few minutes before he’d recognised who I was.

My next action was to show myself to Rachel and her reaction was pretty much exactly what I was hoping for.

“Jennifer! Is that you? What have you done to yourself? Your hair is stunning.”

After I’d explained the rationale for my altered appearance, she expressed her approval of more than just the idea.

“I think I like this sexy new you” she murmured. “Tonight… perhaps we should…”

My next photo session turned out to be once again unchaperoned. Rachel drove me to the studio, but seeing Pete’s two-seater parked up outside, I told her she need not stay. They say success breeds complacency and though it is questionable how successful my previous visits had been, my guard was certainly down on this occasion. I expected to find the car’s owner when I went inside, but instead, a tall black woman immediately caught my eye. I had no choice but to stare. She was scantily dressed in dramatically styled lingerie. The photographer was also giving her the full attention of his camera.
AishImg01b
I watched mesmerised as she postured and posed apparently without the slightest inhibition and concluded that here was a true professional.

Eventually Walt noticed my presence. He did the classic double-take when he saw my altered look but made his approval clear. “Lovin’ the hair. Grrrr! Sexy!”

That didn’t do anything for my peace of mind. His next statement was made with a self-satisfied smirk. “Good news honey. I’ve landed us a contract for some advertising work. It’s for a company that do some real classy lines. Fiona here is modelling their burlesque range. Wait till you see what’s been lined up for you!”

“That’s wonderful” I replied, although the thought of wearing anything like the outfit which the other girl was arrayed in certainly took the edge off my enthusiasm. However, I was too taken up with making a mental connection to raise an objection.

“That’s Fifi?” I hadn’t intended to voice my conclusion out loud, but she was nothing like I had imagined.

“Yup! ’s correct” he assented, “she’s the perfect model. You can learn a lot just watching her” then to the black girl, “and that’s a wrap. Great job, darlin’. You never miss!”

She gave the man an arch look which said, “As if!” all too plainly. “So, this is the Jennifer that Pete’s been raving about. Hi! Little girl.” Her manner indicated that she didn’t see what any of the fuss had been about. Having put me in my place, she flounced off to change behind the screen, exuding confidence in every pore as she did so.

Uncertain how to behave, I waited politely for Fiona to get dressed, but next minute I was chided by the photographer to make haste. “Chop, chop, girl. Time is money!”
I had little choice but to comply and walked across to join the older girl behind the partition. To my consternation she was engaged in stepping into a tiny pair of satin panties and had nothing else on. The sight was more than I’d bargained for!

Unfazed as ever, Fiona greeted me with an artificial smile. My discomfiture was clearly apparent as she grinned “Don’t be shy, sugar. We’re all girls here!”

The inaccuracy of this statement gave me some measure of relief. I tried to keep my expression blank. My secret was still just that, it seemed.

The first outfit I had to put on was the shorts and skimpy top set that I’d worn the week before. Walt wanted some further shots of that combination. The issue I had was that to change into the shorts necessitated removing my panties and my foremost concern was to keep what was below my waist concealed from view. How to do so was a puzzle. I hesitated as long as I could but to no avail.

Fiona took charge. Nearly naked herself, the other model took hold of my shoulders and spun me around. Next instant I became aware that my dress was unzipped, my bra unhooked and then both were around my ankles. She spun me back again and smiled wickedly. “That was easy, now wasn’t it” she chided.

Oh, my goodness!

She looked me up and down. “Mmm… Perhaps I was doing Pete an injustice after all” she murmured.

Striving to ignore the effect on my nether regions of what was before my eyes, I was totally dumbstruck.

“Now it’s your turn to help me.” Fiona spoke as if to a child.

Glancing wildly around I saw a bra in the same material as her panties hanging on the back of the chair. I picked it up and held it out for her to slip on. She put her arms through the straps then, standing so close that we were touching asked demurely “Hook me please.”

She didn’t turn round so I had to stand close and put my arms around her to reach behind her back. When I did so those generous boobs encased in shiny material pressed against my naked chest. I found myself trembling from the pleasurable sensation. Somehow I managed to fasten the bra then I grabbed her dress from the chair and helped her into it. It was a slinky polka dot number which her curvy body could only just get into. Squeezing her into it was another intimate experience. I heaved a heartfelt sigh of relief when I finally pulled the zipper up to the top.

The woman clearly had a good idea of what she had just put me through. “Thank-you, Jennifer” she smirked innocently. With that she picked up her jacket and stalked off.

At last, I was left to my own devices. Seeing that she was soon deep in discussion with Walt, I took the opportunity to complete my change of clothes in the window of privacy afforded. Pete, who had just emerged from the office joined the others. Once I'd changed, I hung around feeling awkward in my skimpy costume. I was kept waiting to be told what to do until eventually I was noticed by the group. Pete came over and admired my blonde hair.

“Hi sweetie. I’m going to take Fiona home in a few minutes, so I’m leaving you to Walter’s tender mercies. He knows what to do. Only too well!” she added drily.

I must have shown my concern in my face.

“Don’t fret darling. By the time he’s finished photographing that outfit, I’ll be back for the lingerie shoot. Come on Fifi. Let’s go!”

They made their exit, the latter with a knowing grin on her face. “So long, little girl!”

Why did it not feel like I’d made a friend?
AJeRImg22a
There was no time for dwelling on my situation. My attention was soon fully taken up with posing for the photographer. It was good to have something to fully occupy my thoughts as, so far, the evening had been most disturbing. I was conscious that I was wearing the minimum of clothing and alone with a man I felt unsure about. It took me some time to relax and smile naturally for the camera. It didn’t help that I could tell that Walt was becoming increasingly impatient. In the end he threw me the beachball and I found that posing with that prop helped me lose my inhibitions.

“Now we’re getting’ somewhere. Hold it! You’re doing swell. And again! Great!”

I was starting to unwind and enjoy myself.
AJeRImg19
Once we’d taken a series of action photos, Walt expressed his satisfaction. “We’re cookin’ on gas, honey” he declared. “Are you ready to rock?”
Feeling quite pleased with his approval of my performance so far, I smiled my assent. I felt prepared for anything.

“This is where the real work begins. That contract I spoke about. Over here!” He led the way across the room to where there was another clothing rail containing only items of lingerie. My heart sank at the prospect facing me.

What had I got myself into now?

AttachmentSize
Image icon AJeRImg18599.43 KB
Image icon AJeRImg21736.88 KB
Image icon AishImg01b441.65 KB
Image icon AJeRImg19440.45 KB
Image icon AJeRImg22a645.48 KB
up
34 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

way too trusting of others

way too trusting of others for her own good, that and she doesn't seem capable of saying no.