Diva Dismayed 30

Printer-friendly version

Diva Dismayed: Chapter 30 – Surprises

These happy musings of mine continued while I started to ready myself for bed. I knew Rachel was working nights, so I was unable to share my seeming triumph with her just yet. I hung my dress in the closet and donned my nightie. I’d just returned to the living room to make myself a drink when I was surprised to hear a faint tap on my door. My nightdress was quite sheer, so I was in no fit state to answer it, needing my robe to make myself presentable, but it was in the bedroom. Imagine my horror when the door handle turned. I hadn’t secured the lock for the night and stood transfixed. It was as if I was in a bad dream.

Gradually the door was opened bit by bit by whoever was there. My heart was pounding in my chest, and I felt completely vulnerable. Then it was wide open and who should be revealed there but… Alice.

“Only me!” she faltered.

“Oh, you gave me a fright! Don’t ever do that again.”

The girl was attired only in her lingerie, with a modicum of decency provided by her petticoat.
AJeF01
“Why are you dressed like that.? Close the door, quickly!” What if anyone came past?

As expected, her explanation was convoluted. “As soon as I got back here, I took off that heavenly new dress and hung it up because I didn’t want it to get creased, but I couldn’t bear to remove this as well.” She indicated her gauzy tiered underskirt. “I’ve never worn one before and it makes me feel like a princess. Doesn’t it move dreamily?”

She gave a twirl and the petticoat obliged by flying up around her waist; something I really didn’t need to witness just then! The girl was oblivious to my embarrassment, however. She appeared to be in a state of near ecstasy.

“When I heard you come in, I knew I wouldn’t be able to sleep until we’d talked, with so much happening this evening! Please, say I can stay here with you, and then we can talk all night. I know that you and Rachel often do.”

Gosh! Really?

“Oh, please say yes!”

I never could resist the sort of appealing look Alice was giving me, though I knew that this time it spelled trouble.

“For a little while, perhaps, but not all night.”

The girl looked so crestfallen that I had to make light of my refusal. “These beds are so narrow we’d get no sleep.”

“But I know that you and Rachel…”

Her protest triggered the thought that the latter might very well look in on me on return from her night shift at 6am and that stiffened my resolve. No matter how tolerant of my idiosyncrasies she might be, it would be difficult to explain Alice’s presence in my sleeping quarters at that hour.

“Oh, that’s different. That has only happened when she nodded off and she’s such a heavy sleeper.”

My lame attempt to pass off our indiscretion clearly cut little ice. The girl was already calmly unclipping her garters. As if mesmerised I found myself watching her helplessly while she performed this operation.
AJeF02
From being comfortably in charge of Alice and my relationship, in the last minutes I seemed to have lost control. No doubt this was the penalty of over-confidence. Meanwhile, her own attention was fixed on my body, or to be more precise, my bust.

“I can’t get over how good your figure is. Your waist is tiny, yet you will never need to pad out the bodice of your dress” she concluded ruefully. “No wonder you have taken up modelling.”

I could have contradicted her conclusion, remembering when Rachel had performed that very operation, but I didn’t want to go into the ramifications of how I’d arrived here without a change of clothes. Neither did I wish her to be privy to my usual practice of night-time corseting. She knew far too much about me as it was.

“You’re already changed, so I’d better undress” my uninvited guest exclaimed.

I was about to protest but she blithely continued “I hate to take this petticoat off, but it will be a squeeze in the bed with the two of us, as it is. Three would definitely be a crowd!”

I couldn’t help but laugh at this, until the import of her words penetrated. In the bed?

“Now, I would be more comfortable if I take this off too.” Her hands reached around her back to unclip her bra.
AJeF03
In my panic over this suggestion, I was galvanised into action. “No need for that. It’s not to be all night, remember.”

Deeming this the lesser evil, I quickly lay down and got under the bedsheet myself. “Come on!”

Happily, the girl followed without divesting herself of any more of her scanty clothing. It took more than a little readjustment of our limbs before we were settled.

“This is cozy” my bedfellow giggled. “It will be better if I turn so, and… yes… I’ll put my leg across yours. That feels nice. Are you comfortable too?”

“Fine” I gasped, though in truth comfort was the least of my concerns. The feel of her soft thigh over mine was giving rise to a whole raft of sensations I needed to ignore!

It felt nice to have her body pressed against me, and she smelled nice, and that made it torture. I didn’t know how long my self-control could last in such close proximity, so I knew I had to move things along as quickly as possible.

“Tell me about this evening” I demanded. “I can see you’re bursting to share it all.”

“Oh yes, it was wonderful!”

Alice spent the next twenty minutes detailing the series of overpowering emotions she had gone through earlier; anxiety, embarrassment, awkwardness, relief, pleasure, delight and rapture. I wondered how one person could experience so much in such a short space of time. My hope that relating it all to me would calm her was unfounded.

As she recounted each of these stages, the girl pressed herself closer to me, if that were possible, gripping me more and more tightly with her thigh. It was almost as if I had become a kind of substitute for the guy himself!

By the time she arrived at the point where Harvey had kissed her goodnight, Alice had almost reached a state of rapture.
“At first I thought he wasn’t going to, and then I began to wonder if we might, and then I felt sure he would… and when he did, I thought we would never stop.”

She fell silent for a spell before continuing.

“He’s so wonderful. He’s thoughtful, and kind, and clever, and so good-looking. I want to have his babies.”

I couldn’t disagree, but there was a sentiment I would always be a stranger to!

“You must be exhausted. I think it’s time for sleep.”

“Oh, I couldn’t sleep. I’m too excited.”

There was a pause, however, while she reflected.

Then, “Hold on to my waist as tight as you can. Now I just have to shut my eyes and I can imagine you are him.”
AJeF04
I obeyed, at a loss how to bring this encounter to a close.

“Oh, yes!” she sighed.

We lay still for a few minutes. I was desperate to have her return to her own quarters, but it became clear that she would need encouragement to do so. I noticed that her breathing had become regular and heavy.

“Alice?”

I shook her but she merely snuggled her head into the pillow.

“Alice!”

Try as I might, I couldn’t wake her. It was hopeless. There was only one thing left for me to do. I slid out of bed and put on my robe. Taking my purse from the table, l quietly left the apartment and climbed the stair to the floor above. I let myself into Rachel’s room. Peace at last!
My friend wouldn’t be back until the early morning and no doubt she would find me here, deep in the arms of slumber which hopefully would be welcome. At the very least her bed would be warm!

It was nearly noon when I awoke. Rachel was lying awake beside me. I opened my eyes to see her smiling face.

“This is a nice surprise” she murmured. “Were you missing me?”

“And how!” I laughed. “Actually, I just couldn’t get rid of Alice!”

“That is no surprise. The girl is a handful!”

Rachel made me lie still while she got up and put some coffee on.

“Now” she declared. “I have a surprise for you as well. No, two actually.”

I waited expectantly.

“First, I’ve found us an apartment. It’s in a lovely part of town and has everything, including two good-sized bedrooms. It wouldn’t cost us any more than we are paying in total here.”

I sprang out of bed. “Sounds fabulous! But, do we need two bedrooms?” I had a momentary vision of allowing Alice occupy the other room and shuddered. With an effort I dismissed it from my mind.

“That’s the second surprise.”

My lover looked deeply into my eyes. “What would you say, if I told you I was pregnant?”

“You’re pregnant?”

She nodded. “I’ve tested myself, and it’s definite. We’re having a baby!”

I started to dance around the room. This was incredible!

“Oh, I’m so pleased for us... but… how is that possible?”
AJeF05
“You need me to explain?”

“No, silly, but with me, the way I am, I thought it could never happen.”

“Neither did I, but we were both wrong!”

“You know what this means, don’t you?”

“What?”

“I’m going to have to make an honest woman of you! Marry me!”

“I thought you’d never ask” and Rachel burst into tears, but tears of happiness.

I was sobbing as well.

I guess it was my hormones!
AJeF06a

AttachmentSize
Image icon AJeF0169.06 KB
Image icon AJeF0255.8 KB
Image icon AJeF0441.62 KB
Image icon AJeF05100.62 KB
Image icon AJeF0353.52 KB
Image icon AJeF06a252.26 KB
up
32 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Is This The End?

joannebarbarella's picture

Or are we going to see that second bedroom in use?

Continuation

Thanks for your interest. There may well be a third book....