Aphrodite Reborn 14 - Chapter 14

Printer-friendly version

 

Aphrodite Reborn
Part 1: Pre-Valentine

by Bobbie Cabot

CHAPTER 14: Past The Border

 

Jedi Mind Trick

Before I went to bed, I had another shower – a cold one this time. The natural thing to do was to masturbate – something I’ve done a lot. But this time, I didn’t know what to do – well, the basics, of course, but that was about it. But besides that, I was a bit scared. So it was a cold shower this time.

Keeping in mind Andre’s instructions, I did the same routine I did earlier on my hair. Since I couldn’t sleep right away, that allowed me to enjoy my peach-mango pies, at least. They were a bit cold by then, so I popped them into the microwave for a minute.

Still, my… horniness didn’t fade much, so I didn’t sleep well that night.

In the morning, my cell’s alarm started beeping. Six AM. I sat up and felt a little uncomfortable in my panties. It felt wet down there. So I had another shower. I wanted to clean myself down there and I washed a little more vigorously than normal. And as I did, I felt what I guess was technically an orgasm. But I was on a hair trigger, after all. Walking would probably have triggered me.

It was okay - it felt similar to how it was when I was a guy, but after everything I felt, last night, I was expecting something more incredible than that. I guess I’ll find out later when I start being “more sexually active,” as Dr. Griffin said.

For that day, I couldn’t decide what to wear from the few things in my overnighter, so I put on the bathrobe from the bathroom, went downstairs to the van, grabbed one of my big bags, and brought it up to my room. I left the other bathrobe in its plastic bag, intending to bring that one with me – the bag said it was complimentary, after all.

From the stuff in the bag, I decided on a tight, sleeveless cutoff tee, a pair of skinny jeans, the pumps with the highest heel, and my leather jacket. I also put one of the two largest pairs of pads in my bralette. But as I thought of my outfit, I realized my top didn’t suit the weather outside and I’d be shivering the moment I stepped outdoors. So I swapped the tee with a long-sleeved turtleneck: it was like a thin, figure-hugging turtleneck bodysuit except it didn’t have the flaps and buttons that went between my legs. Well, I guess I’ll just make sure the shirt was firmly tucked into the jeans.

I then applied the minimum-makeup routine Ma taught me and then looked at myself in the mirror. I thought I looked pretty good, especially my outfit. I wondered at my choices, and I realized I was still feeling sexy. The sleep and the orgasm took almost all of the edge off for sure, but I was still feeling a little bit sexy and… frisky.

I packed all my stuff, including my new bathrobe, brought my bags to the van and went back up and surfed a bit while I waited for the ladies.

Eventually, Dr. Castellanos knocked on my door. I opened it and saw her, this time dressed more… “conventionally.” Lol.

“Good morning,” she said. “All ready?”

I nodded and held out the keys to the van.

“Oh!” she said, “I was looking for the keys. I thought I lost them. Let’s go?”

“Sure,” I nodded.

“You’re looking pretty good,” Dr. Griffin said as we walked downstairs. (Clearly, she didn’t know I saw her last night).

“Thanks.”

We checked out and then looked around for somewhere to have breakfast but the only one nearby was Jollibee, and it was closed.

We decided to get underway, with Dr. Castellanos driving, and we’d just stop at the first place we saw that was open. This turned out to be a 7-Eleven a few blocks from the motel. There was no place to sit inside, so we just took our food to go.

This wasn’t a problem for me and Dr. Griffin. For Dr. Castellanos, Dr. Griffin would hold her ham-and-egg sandwich out and Dr. Castellanos would take a bite. For whatever reason, she looked pretty sexy when she took dainty bites of the microwave sandwich. Anyway, we didn’t lose any time.

Around ten AM, I got a text message from Dad, and he said they had a chat with Mr. Daimon, and changing the name and gender in my papers was now underway. I should get some IDs and such by the end of the week, and the court order should be out by next week.

By two PM, we were already in Bangor Maine. We decided to stop for a late lunch. We found a place called Timber Kitchen and Bar, but in about thirty minutes, we were already back on our way. I put the coffees that Dr. Griffin ordered in the cup holders in the armrest beside me.

In a while, we were at the US-Canada Border Services. We were twentieth in line of maybe forty vehicles, with several others coming in. For whatever reason, the inspectors seemed to be taking their time. This pissed Dr. Castellanos off. She got up from the driver’s seat and asked Dr. Griffin to take over.

She then took off her coat, unbuttoned the top two buttons of her blouse, and went to the back of the van. She got one of her bags and started rooting around in it. When she found what she wanted, she started taking off her pants. Ohmigod!

She then put on a close-fitting short skirt. “Maia?” she called. “Is the road clear of ice and snow?”

“It looks pretty clear, Penny.”

“Good.” She took off her pumps and put on a pair of really tall high heels – stilettos. She shook her head to fluff out her blonde hair and then went to the van’s doors. “Here I go!”

She stepped down from the van and started walking by the waiting cars and towards the border guards who were taking their time inspecting the car in front of the line. I didn’t think we were allowed to get out of our vehicles: I was under the impression that we’re supposed to remain inside our cars. But she wasn’t doing that.

She wasn’t walking in any kind of casual way, too. She was, as Michael would have said, in full effect, hands on her waist, hips swinging and all with a runway model’s walk, with the high heels enhancing the walk.

The guards stopped their inspection and were staring at her. When she was near, she flipped her hair back.

“Ma’am?” the lead sergeant said, but Dr. Castellanos didn’t react.

“Stop, ma’am. Please! Ma’am, stop!”

She then flipped her hair again and ran her hand through her hair.

“Ma’am!” He unholstered his sidearm but, as Dr. Castellanos reached him, she put her hand on his arm. She leaned over and said something in his ear. He slowly put his gun back in his holster. She then put her arm through the sergeant’s arm, and they walked towards his men together.

The other border security officers stopped what they were doing, and Dr. Castellanos stopped a few feet away from them and said something to the soldiers. They laughed together at whatever she said. She then said something a little longer, and the sergeant and the other soldiers nodded.

She still had the sergeant’s arm. She leaned to him, said something, and gave him a casual kiss on the cheek. She waved to the others and started walking back to the van, still walking her slinky walk. At that point everyone – at the checkpoint, in the cars – we were all looking at her. As soon as she got to our van she turned back to the soldiers and gave them a wave. She opened the door and climbed in.

As soon as she did, the soldiers turned back to the car they were inspecting. They slammed its trunk closed and waved the driver to move on. They then turned to the next vehicle and gestured it forward.

“Oh, god, that was cold!” Dr. Castellanos exclaimed. “I practically froze my tits off!!” We all laughed. “Val, please get my coat.”

I got her coat and handed it to her.

“Thank you, dear.” She sat in the front passenger seat, put her jacket on, buttoned up her blouse, wrapped her arms around herself, and shivered.

She asked Dr. Griffin to switch seats. “Sorry, Maia,” she said, “but the driver’s seat has a heater, and I really need the heater.”

“No worries, Penny.”

“Look!” I pointed ahead of us. “They’re already done with the second car!”

“Whatever you told them worked,” Dr. Griffin said. “At this rate, we’ll be through the border in ten minutes. Val? Let’s swap seats. While we’re here I think I can use some of that coffee.”

We swapped and Dr. Griffin grabbed one of the caramel frappes and snuggled down in my seat. “Ahhh!” she said.

She looked very comfortable. Looks like I’ll be riding shotgun for the rest of the trip.

Dr. Castellanos inched us forward and, in a few minutes, we were at the beginning of the line. She doffed her jacket again and unbuttoned the top part of her top. Just in time, too, because a bunch of the soldiers and security people clustered around Dr. Castellanos’ window and started chatting her up.

I giggled. “Men!” I said to myself, in the same tone Ma would use when me or Dad did a bonehead kind of thing. A voice in my head, the voice of the new Faye Valentine, said that it was just another sign that I was starting to accept my new gender. But then the voice of the old Val Edward gave Faye a big, wet razzberry. I giggled – my imagination was sometimes really more trouble than it was worth.

As I was surfing on my phone to pass the time, someone knocked on my door. Huh?

I rolled down my window. “Yes, officer?”

“Border inspection, miss,” the man at my door said. “Can you open the door?”

I nodded, stood up, opened the van door, and a couple of the border people came in.

The two of them looked at me.

“Flamin’ heck!” one of them said. “There are two o’ them!”

“Nize it, Jacque!” the other said. “I apologize for my partner, Miss. may we check your vehicle and baggage?”

“Of course,” I said. (Singsong and lilt! Singsong and lilt! By now, that was like my new mantra…)

“It’s the junior version of the taller one” the first officer, Jacque, said.

Inside, I was sort of blanking on that. Really?

The second one sighed in defeat. He gestured to the back. “Go and check the back,” he said. “I’ll check this side.”

Jacque shrugged and went to the back. I followed him.

“Lots of luggage,” Jacque commented. He put on a pair of nitrile gloves (“for your protection and mine,” he said with a wink) and started going through them. He started with one of mine. “Going on vacation, miss?”

“We’re going to a clinic in Saint John. I’m going in for some tests and maybe an operation.” (Singsong and lilt!)

“You are? I’m sorry to hear that. I hope everything turns out okay.”

“Thank you.”

“Why Saint John?”

“That,” I pointed to the presently sleeping (and snoring) Dr. Griffin, “is one of my teachers in my school in Chicago. The school is affiliated with another school in Saint John – Have you heard of Troy House?”

“I’m afraid not.”

“Well, anyway, Troy House is like our sister school, and they’re affiliated with one of the clinics there. So Dr. Griffin,” I pointed to sleeping beauty, “is bringing me there. Hopefully, they can help me.”

“I’m sure they can sort you out. How about the other one?” He pointed with his thumb over his shoulder and pointed to Dr. Castellanos. “Your mother or sister?”

“Oh, no! She runs the clinic.”

“Oh… Hey! When you get to Saint John, if you have time, you can enjoy the music festival – the one that’s happening there right now. I think it’s called the Riverbay Festival.”

“We know about the festival. That’s why we’re driving. Because of that festival, all the flights for Saint John were fully booked.”

“I’m sorry to hear that.”

“Oh, not at all!” I said, trying not to be too much of a “Negative Nancy,” as my Ma would have said, especially in front of a perennially positive Canadian. “We’ve had a nice relaxing drive, but then again, I wasn’t the one driving,” I giggled. (Singsong and lilt! I said to myself.)

As we talked, Jacque continued with his inspection. He rummaged through my four Samsonite bags, but he did it rapidly and he was polite about it. He did turn up with my Mace pepper spray, however.

“I’m sorry, miss,” he said, waving it at me. “Pepper sprays are illegal in Canada.”

“Call me, Val,” I said.

“Thanks, Val. I’m Jacque.”

“Jack?”

“Jacque, actually.” He pronounced it “Szhack.” “But ‘Jack’ is totally fine.”

“No problem. ‘Szhack’ it is then. You said pepper sprays are illegal? I’m sorry, I didn’t know. In Chicago, they’re legal if you have an FOID – which I have.”

“A lot of people don’t know that, so it’s okay. But I’m afraid I’ll have to confiscate your pepper spray. Sorry…”

I shrugged. “It’s all right.”

“We’re supposed to dispose of confiscated items but tell you what - I’ll find out if I can keep it safe for you, and when you come through here again, ask for me.” He wrote his name and number on a piece of paper and handed it to me.

“Thanks, Jacque.”

“No worries.”

He did the other bags as well, and he said everything was A-OK.

“Can I have your passports?” he said after he finished with all our bags.

I handed over mine, gently shook Dr. Griffin and asked for her passport. After giving it, she promptly went back to sleep.

“Simon!” Jacque called and gave him our passports.

“Here’s mine,” Dr. Castellanos said and gave Simon hers as well.

Simon started looking through our passports, but Dr. Castellanos put her hand on his arm. “You know,” she said in a low, super-sexy contralto, “I don’t think there are any problems with our passports, Simon.”

He looked at Dr. Castellanos, looked at our passports, opened them, and glanced cursorily at our pictures in the passports. I knew I now looked a lot different than my passport picture, but, hopefully, similar enough that there wouldn’t be problems. And then I just had a realization: in my passport, there was an “M” under Sex. Oh, no!

But Simon, after a cursory look at our photos, handed our passports back to Dr. Castellanos and me.

“There are no problems with your passports,” Simon said.

Did I just witness Dr. Castellanos doing a Jedi Mind Trick?

What is Flirting?

So, aside from my pepper spray, there were no problems, and we were able to cross the border without any issues. As we left the US-Canada Border Services gates, all the security people gave us a wave, and we waved back.

“Bye, Val!” Jacque called. “See you soon!”

I blushed pink but gamely waved, and after we were well away from Border Services, we heard someone snickering.

“I thought you were asleep, Maia!” Dr. Castellanos said, laughing. “You faker!”

“I was listening to Val’s conversation with our border policeman,” she said. “Val, you flirt!”

“Huh?” I said. “What do you mean?”

“You had that guy, Jacque, practically eating out of your hand!” She giggled.

“That’s not true!” I protested.

“’ Call me Val,’”> Dr. Griffin said, imitating me (even including my “singsong and lilt” thing), and giggled. “Val, you don’t need any help being a girl. You’re a natural! And you look so pretty. Even how you talk – very cute! Plus your outfit. Did your mother teach you your clothes’ sense?”

I shrugged a little nervously, worried I picked the wrong thing. “Ah, no. I just felt like wearing this. Is it okay?”

“Totally. Extremely sexy if I may say so. No wonder Jacque was so stuck on you.”

“I wasn’t really trying, you know. I just wanted him to get on with it and let us get on with our trip. So, I was just being friendly. You know?”

She looked at me funny. “You really weren’t flirting?”

“Yes!”

Dr. Griffin looked at Dr. Castellanos who had pulled over, stopped the van and was looking at us.

“I think we really need to get to Saint John as soon as possible,” Dr. Castellanos said.

She pulled back into traffic.

Saint John

The rest of the trip was mostly quiet. I guess the long trip was taking its toll. But it was light traffic the rest of the way.

After border control, we passed a border town on our right called Milltown. And then we went through Valley Road, Bay Road, and passed a big lake that Dr. Castellanos said was Oak Bay. After lots of gentle dips and turns, after about three hours – about Five PM, we reached Allan Cot and Spruice Lake, and then we were at the city limits of Saint John.

The sun was still fairly high on the horizon. Dr. Castellanos said in November, it would be almost sunset, but now sunsets usually were around eight in the evening.

Troy House and Archimedes Genomics were on the south side of the city, so we got to drive through the city. And after a while, we were pulling up the gates of Troy House.

We parked in an empty slot in the school parking slot. Dr. Castellanos and Dr. Griffin got their bags, and I picked up my wheelie, backpack and overnighter. “I’ll just grab my remaining three bags later,” I told them. “Sorry… my mother packed for me. I guess she wanted me to be ready for anything.”

“Wait,” Dr. Castellanos said. She left the two of us for a bit and then came back with a couple of those airport push carts.

“We keep these things for when new students come and move into their dorm rooms, or when they move out. They’re mostly used by new freshmen and graduating seniors.”

“Thanks.” I got one of the carts and lifted my three big bags into the cart, plus the wheelie. “I’m ready,” I said.

“You’re pretty strong,” Dr. Castellanos commented mildly. I shrugged.

We went in through the school’s main doors. As we did, Lots of people came out of the woodwork, as it were, some just saying hi, and a lot of them knew Dr. Griffin.

“Hi, Doc! Welcome back!” “Good evening, Doctor.” “Hey, Penny!” “Hi, Doctor!” “Hi, Doctor Maia. What’re you doing here?”

Some were proffering printouts and tablets. Dr. Castellanos pushed them all away. “I’ve just been out for four days, guys – can’t this wait until tomorrow? We’re really beat. All we want to do is have a bite, have a long shower and go to bed. Okay?”

The people let us go except for one guy who apparently was Dr. Castellanos’ assistant, Theo. He wasn’t quite as tall as Dad and Dr. Castellanos but almost was. A very impressive man. He reminded me of Mr. Daimon from back in Delos.

He led us through the maze of doors and corridors, and we ended up in what was the dormitory, judging by the kids hanging out in the corridors. We were obviously in the boys’ wing, and we just continued on to the next wing – the girls’ wing.

Theo led us to the end of the corridor and opened the door at the very end.

Theo pushed my cart into the room, and then handed me, the room’s keys, a little folded piece of paper and a laminated ID. “This is the only available dorm room at the moment,” Theo said. “It’s the tail end of the school year, after all. You’re lucky we had this one. Keep that ID on you – you don’t have to wear it but be sure to have it on you if the teachers or staff ask. You can also leave the cart outside tomorrow morning and someone will get it.” He gave me a smile. “Good night, Ms Goodchilde,” he said, and stepped outside.

“Okay, Val,” Dr. Griffin said. “We’ll come for you in a couple of hours and then we can go out for dinner.” She and Dr. Castellanos gave me a hug and stepped outside as well.

 

up
105 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Penny's from Heaven?

OK. probably not -- Penelope was a queen in ancient Greece, not a goddess. But if Dr Castellanos's paranormal abilities just come from the previous generation of ambrosia users, none of whom supposedly had 100% DNA matches, the ceiling on Val's future abilities seems to be even higher than I previously thought.

Eric

Reminds me of Whitley

Except all of these people will be avatars.