New Kid on the Block

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Just opened my account and thought I'd say Hi. I've been lurking around here off and on for a year or two, and I really appreciate you guys letting me just hang out. There are a lot of really good writers here (although many of you ought to put a little more effort into your editing ;-).

It's kind of strange, though. At first I was put off by the frequency of incorrect useage of to/two/too or there/their/they're and so on, but over time I've come to see it as a 'good' thing. It is the way real people are, and you are real people.

T

At least people don't walk on "heals" here

Welcome!

Some folks do point out spelling and grammatical errors. It's best to do it in a private message and as politely as possible. I'm always glad of the help, but I can only speak for myself.

I think, too, you might have seen writers asking for help in that area -- although their getting of help is usually invisible.

I have seen

references to private messaging for a while now, but as I was a visitor until recently I did not have that feature. Now that my account is working properly I can see it.

The people here seem friendly and supportive. I feel comfortable.

T

Editing

I don't really have a problem with any/all editing mistakes any more. Once upon a time, I felt the same way, Tarzana, but... after reading many, many stories with varying degrees of polish in the editing I tend to either skim/read right over spelling/grammatical errors, or acknowledge them and get my brain working on not just how to correct spelling mistakes, but also on how to clear up sentences (like this one) and paragraphs which are unclear.