Story Suggestion(s)?

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I'm mainly posting this story suggestion request because I'm finding it harder and harder to find stories which I really like.

1. The kind of story that I'm looking for should preferably revolve around a main character that's around 12 to 25 years (or ends up around that age through age regression). The main thing is that the character ends up going to a school of some sort (high school, collage or university), this makes it easier to relate to and I just like the kind of environment it provides for the character (will she fit in or not and things like that)

2. I would prefer a full male to female transformation (but they're not a must), although I don't really care whether that transformation takes place instantly or whether it takes months to complete (as long as it's MtF). This doesn't mean that a full transformation is mandatory, I also like stories like 'Becoming Robing' by Zoe Taylor for example.

3. Another important condition is that the character is only attracted to girls. In other words, he, now a she, ends up being a lesbian basically. The main reason for this is simple, I just find it hard to relate to a character that is attracted to guys. Some stories are exceptions though, maybe because the author is just a very good writer, such as for example 'For a Girl' by O2bxx, but there are many stories where I just don't like the story simply because the main character is attracted to guys. So for the sake of simplicity I ask you to only suggest stories where the main character is attracted to girls.

One of the best stories (IMHO) I've read is the Amy Komori series: http://fictionmania.tv/searchdisplay/authordisplay.html?word... The author hasn't posted anything in a while though and I know the story is longer than what is currently available. I could tell you all about what I like about Amy Komori, but I'd just suggest that you read it yourself if you haven't done so already.

I'd say, suggest everything that you think fits into the requirements I've given you (and maybe even stories that don't really match the requirements but that you think I might still like). Oh, one more thing, I prefer long stories, but the length of the story is not a requirement.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.

Hugs,
Angarato.

hmmm

I am sure you may have read most of the following. Marcie Donner Adventures, truly a treasure to read, though Marcie like boys. Standing up the the world, an awesome story of struggle to be yourself. Princess and the plague, though Erika like both boys and girls. A new style of education, very well done story. And of course, some of these are still being written, Catwalk confidence, Connie Alexander is pure awesome sauce, period. Summer of Bailey, by Baily is one of the best realistic stories i have come across.

Amy Rocks!

laika's picture

Sorry no suggestions for you, I'm sure some will be forthcoming if they're not posted ahead of this. But I do have to agree with you about the Amy series. She's a great teen character. I like the high school transformation/transition genres, but sometimes I feel swamped by all the wholesome rah-rah school spirit and normalcy of everyone in them. It doesn't much resemble my high school experiences, or the stoners and misfits I hung out with. But BECOMING AMY does. She's "tuff", as we used to say back when. The last thing she would want to do is try out for the cheer team (it's a cruel and pretty funny twist of fate how she winds up on it). Her cynical wit is a joy to read. I can relate to her better than a lot of teen protagonists, even though her anger comes from her unwitting transformation into a girl a few years younger than the boy she'd been (so she has to go thru the whole farce all over again), and mine came from NOT being magically transformed into a cute little Japanese American chick. And she listens to the same weird bent discordant kinda rock + roll I do. Wish Amy Komori's beautifully written stories were here at BC. I think they'd fit right in here...
~hugs, Veronica

I'm losin' status at the high school
I used to think that it was my school . . .
BOW WOW WOW WOW!
I was the king of every school activity
But that's no more . . . oh mama!
What's become of me?

The other night we painted posters
And played some records by the Coasters
BOW WOW WOW WOW!
A bunch of pom-pom girls looked down their nose at me.
They had painted tons of posters; I had painted three.
I hear the secret whispers everywhere I go
My school spirit is at an all-time low . . . BLA-A-A-A!

~Frank Zappa, Status Back Baby

Almost, but not quite, similar to my own tastes

With the sexuality thing being the only area where we differ, and in that we're at complete opposites.

So, let's see if I can give you any recommendations you'll enjoy:

Lilith Langtree - Passion And Purpose
Great stories, and yes, the main character is only interested in girls (at least as far as is mentioned in the story.) So much so that there is one specific girl who's the main focus through both books, or at least what there is of the second.

Karen Page - A New Style Of Education
If you like school stories, how about a story about a school for secret agents? Or at least, that's the way I've always interpreted it. Wonderful story, with some great characters and a truly fascinating protagonist.

Aaand... that's all I've got right now. I don't get into stories with a lesbian-theme, generally, so if I'm recommending these you should know they're good.

Melanie E.

So long as happy endings are not a must

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

One or both of the, well not prequels since they were written first, but 'stage settings' for the whole "A New Style of Education" serieses (I mean the three series by three different writers) "Concrete Cows" and "Plane of Existance" by Karen Page (Both NOT their full names) are GREAT! (Well, "Plane" does have a happy ending and "Concrete Cows" really continues in "A New Style..." BUT have a CASE of tissues ready.)

with love,

Hope

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

Story Suggestion(s)?

Try Adonna's stories.

Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

You might

Try the Comics Retcon universe or Deity Arms by the Professor.

Texas Gal on Crystals

Texas Gal on Crystals Storysite is good although i'm unsure of Darla Anne's preference to girls or boys, at first I'd say girls but later on i'm not sure and as the story was never finished we may never know.

To catch a thief on here is also good but sexuality hasn't been included as yet in the story. As it's set in a girls school there's possibilities though http://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/book/22868/catch-thief

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p