"Countries Expand Recognition For Alternative 'Intersex' Gender"

It will be interesting

Angharad's picture

to see where this goes and how it affects those directly involved. Not being intersex as far as I know, I felt my own discomfort was resolved after surgery and then legal recognition as female, so I'm alright, Jill: however, I do understand that different people have different needs and anything which enables them to feel better/complete has to be welcomed.

Angharad

Did this Rob Schwarzwalder

Did this Rob Schwarzwalder fellow even bother to find out what intersexed was before making his statement?

"I think providing any option other than male or female is dehumanizing and medically inaccurate"

Medically inaccurate?! Okay, he just won the Idiot Award for saying bloody stupid and self evidently wrong proclamations.

W.S.J

The W.S.J. is owned by Rupert Murdoch. Expect fascist drivel to be on its pages. Remember, this is the same bunch that have caused scandal in the U.K.

Sadly, unbiased reporting is something that does not occur on any "organ" Mr. Murdoch owns.

G/R

Actually, I found

Actually, I found surprisingly that this article was pretty bias neutral, not for or against. It was more an information piece than anything else. The part I posted was from was a quote by the "senior vice president of the Family Research Council, a conservative Christian group." They have another quote from an opposing opinion right after that one. Both are only a couple lines at the end of the story. The rest of the story just explained what intersexed is, and what the new laws were in the different countries.