sissygirl’s journey 4

Printer-friendly version

As I handed mom her purse she always gave me that cute little smile as with her eyes too, she knew I loved her purses while giving me purse time and still being nonchalant about it, a few times she would quietly say you love it, I knew she was just having a little fun I just stood there and didn’t say a thing but yes I did.

Then one night while I was waiting for mom to tuck me in, mom came walking into my room with that smile on her face and swaying back and forth a little like she was thrilled to tell me something, as mom was walking towards me I could see she had something behind her back.

She sat down looking straight at me saying sweetie I have something for you now close your eyes you are going to love it, I just remembered feeling something being put on my chest and when I opened my eyes there was one of mom’s black patent purses staring right at me.

Before I could say a thing mom started talking, sweetie I know you love my purses and I just felt it was time you had one of your own, I was just dumbfounded not saying a word but having this funny tingle inside, mom started talking see sweetie how pretty it is, I just shook my head, mom continued telling me now I want you to take care of your pretty new purse as soon as she said that your pretty new purse I was floating on cloud nine in my head just not sure what to say or do.

Here sweetie take your purse, as a good mom would do when she had me carry her other purses at the store or at home mom taught me to carry it by the handles so as not to smug her shiny purse, I reached for my purse handles which left mom with a big smile, still not saying a word mom gave me a kiss and said good night stood up and left me holding my purse, I’m sure she was enjoying that moment for a long time.

AttachmentSize
Image icon IMG_0948.png3.44 MB
up
39 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos