Lilith's Despair Chapter 5

Printer-friendly version

After a break from Lilith, I found my muse again so that I could continue on with the story. I hope that you all have enjoyed the trials Lilith.

The harrowing events unfolding in China sent spine-chilling tremors across the globe, as nations awoke to the reality that even the most secure corners within their borders offered no sanctuary from sudden, devastating attacks. The obliteration of the targeted region served as a stark reminder to world leaders that safety remained an illusion; Lilith possessed the power to unleash apocalyptic mayhem upon them at her whim. As news of China's catastrophe reverberated throughout the world, an icy shroud of terror and panic enveloped nations far and wide.

European leaders hastily overturned the previously imposed wizard prohibitions, fearing the chilling possibility that Lilith could launch a gruesome assault on their lands. This abrupt shift from oppressive measures served as an intense and spine-chilling illustration that although one may endeavor to suppress a minority's existence, ultimately, the oppressed can rise up in a lethal insurrection against those who sought to dehumanize them.

In the United States, the unwavering Christian Nationalists stood firm in their determination to prevent wizards from coexisting among them. They vehemently called for capital punishment for any wizard discovered within the nation's borders. Although this group of Christian Nationalists represented just a small minority, they had skillfully established themselves as a formidable force in the political sphere. Meanwhile, more progressive politicians sought to quell the hatred and venom spewed by these individuals, striving to shield their citizens from being inadvertently caught in the crossfire during potential wizard assaults.

In their quest for justice, progressive politicians aimed to grant protection to wizards fleeing the suffocating laws imposed by the Christian Nationalists. This ignited a fierce, unyielding chasm between the two factions, with ferocious hatred spewing from both ends of the political divide. The situation escalated to heart-stopping levels: streets transformed into battlegrounds, lives were lost on both sides, and fractures deepened as they teetered on the edge of collapse. The vast majority of citizens found themselves powerless in halting the brutal devastation unleashed by the Christian Nationalists across the nation. In a chilling display of authority, states under their iron grip began detaining wizard sympathizers and annihilating entire communities.

The crushing burden of rampant violence and hatred bore down on Lilith's shoulders like an iron weight. She nervously paced the luxurious floors of her penthouse, as the newsreels painted a grim picture of nationwide terror. Unbridled rage paralyzed entire state economies, with fearful workers hesitating to leave their homes for work. Store shelves lay barren, starved of replenishment due to the chaotic state of affairs. This relentless cycle inevitably spread its roots to the nation's economy and eventually bled into the global stage, instigating a sinister downfall. Jobs vanished like smoke, rendered unsustainable by soaring operational costs. The terrifying ripple effects echoed across continents, ensnaring the world in an ominous shadow.

A chilling message echoed through the hallways to Lilith's abode. Sara's trembling voice relayed the message, "A man, bruised and battered, stands at the gate asserting to be the son of Tra'tha."

Lilith's gaze bore into Sara, icicles seeming to form in the air around her. "Whose progeny does this stranger claim to be?" The malevolent circumstances surrounding Tra'tha's tryst with an Incubus had long haunted Lilith, her own kin ensnared and enslaved by demons.

"Summon Charlene to join me at the gate. You, however, must remain here," commanded Lilith, her words sharp as shards of ice. "Until we can ascertain his trustworthiness, I refuse to expose you to the offspring of an Incubus." Sara shuddered at Lilith's stony demeanor, sensing an anguished heart beneath the frigid surface. The immense weight of stress was slowly transforming Lilith into a distant, cold shadow of her former self.

Under the shadow of the ominous gate, Charlene and Lilith exchanged wary glances before stepping out to confront the mysterious man. They couldn't shake the chilling sensation that this could be a devious trap. "Has Elizabeth been informed about our enigmatic guest?" inquired Lilith, her voice laced with trepidation. "It's crucial we keep her at a safe distance from this man. If his identity is genuine, Elizabeth may struggle to maintain an open mind in the face of such a shocking revelation."

With a tense nod, Charlene replied, "We'll require Elizabeth's assistance in ascertaining who he truly is and deciphering his character. Then, we can stack it up against his claims." Despite her evident excitement at the prospect of unearthing a long-lost family member, they both recognized the need for caution around this stranger.

They reached a unanimous decision to restrict the man's access to their city and ensure he remained under close watch until they unraveled his true intentions and discovered the whereabouts of their missing children.

With growing trepidation, Lilith and Charlene stepped through the foreboding gate to confront the enigmatic stranger who dared approach during these dark and dangerous times. The world's despair seemed reflected in the sky above them; ominous clouds brooded overhead, heralding an impending storm of vast proportions.

Steeled for a harrowing encounter, they came face-to-face with the man who declared himself their grandson. In front of them stood a shattered figure, bearing the marks of a merciless beating. His left eye, swollen shut, was accompanied by a barely functioning right eye. Ghastly bruises marred his neck and arms, while his pained gait revealed some concealed leg injury. His shirt was stained crimson with blood that matted his hair like grotesque warpaint. Gashes disfigured his lip—and these were merely the visible damages; only further examination would uncover the full extent of his suffering.

As Lilith inquired his name, she couldn't help but notice the telltale signs that betrayed his demonic nature—clear evidence that this encounter was no mere human deception.

He answered smoothly and alluringly, "Mu'thar, grandmothers." But his charm failed to sway their skeptical expressions. It proved to him that while he knew he would have to work harder to charm Shar'li, the resilient Lilith showed caught him completely off-guard. Any human woman should have fell for his charm with no effort at all. How was it possible that this woman could resist his allure? He would simply have to try harder.

"I am the offspring of Tra'tha, and I beseech you for sanctuary from my malevolent father as well as your aid in liberating my mother from his vile grasp. It is known that my father, a sinister demon, harbors immense ambition to conquer the demonic hierarchy. When I failed to procure a formidable weapon that would grant him the advantage to usurp Lucifer and seize control of the underworld, he brutally assaulted me." His voice quivered as he narrated his plight, the dread of his father's fury palpable in every word.

Lilith and Charlene exchanged horrified glances, barely able to contain their disbelief. The audacity of this young and sinister Incubus, thinking he could ensnare them with his twisted charm, was preposterous beyond measure. They couldn't shake the suspicion that he was somehow connected to Tra'tha, possibly even her offspring, or at the very least had knowledge of her whereabouts. The shadowy enigma that was his father's true intentions remained shrouded in mystery, leaving them uncertain about the veracity of his claims. Determined yet wary, they realized they had to extract more information from him, skillfully prying it free like venom from a serpent's fangs – only then could they hope to uncover the hidden location of their beloved daughters.

Lilith's gaze bore into the guards, her voice commanding, "Allow him entry. We shall personally escort him to our medical facility." With the power behind her words, the guards obediently opened the large, ominous gates to grant access to the city.

She then faced Mu'thar, addressing him sternly, "Accompany us, if you will. The least we can extend is aid in healing your wounded form. We apologize for the icy reception; times have been undeniably challenging for everyone involved. Enlighten me about your history."

"I am the twenty-fourth offspring of Tra'tha and my sire Kar'tar. For seven long generations, I have been a general in my father's ranks. Having lost innumerable brethren throughout our relentless war against Lucifer himself. Once regarded as my father's pride for my strategic prowess, I am now seen as a disgrace. Merely months ago, did we learn of your return upon witnessing your press conference at this very city's gateway," he explained with solemnity.

Lilith perceived Mu'thar's evident deference towards his father rather than his mother - not once addressing Tra'tha as kin. This jarring observation raised suspicions about their dynamic and Mu'thar's abrupt resolve to aid Tra'tha against Kar'tar spanning seven generations. His sudden change of heart did not seem genuine. Something more sinister was afoot, and Lilith sensed that Mu'thar's attempts at charming her were all part of a concealed agenda.

Without uttering a word, Lilith communicated directly with Charlene's consciousness, "His deceit is palpable — his lack of reverence for Tra'tha is undeniable. He likely bears no respect for our gender as a whole, harboring contempt instead. Beyond being the twenty-fourth son, there is no mention or acknowledgment of their daughters. An offspring between an incubus and succubus ought to yield gender parity."

Listening to her partner's concerns, Charlene responded with her own thoughts, "Your assessment rings true, my love. I share in your unease — the absence of our daughters from his account is unsettling. Elizabeth mentioned that Kar'tar held them captive. Perhaps it would be wise for us to secure Mu'thar in the underground passages and ensnare him within a demon trap."

Exchanging a knowing smile with Charlene, Lilith agreed wholeheartedly—this was their stratum to uncover the truth beneath the veil of deception.

Upon reaching the imposing entrance of the towers, Lilith abruptly spun around, her eyes gleaming with dark intent. In a flash, she seized Charlene and Mu'thar, teleporting them into the depths of the hidden, underground city. As they stumbled through the eerie portal, disoriented and frightened, Lilith wasted no time in pushing Mu'thar into a nearby chamber before he could even utter a sound. Her hand slammed against the cold wall, casting a powerful spell that blanketed the room in light. The incantation bound his magic and sealed him inside, preventing any demonic being from escaping the confines of this terrifying prison.

Mu'thar slowly raised his head from the floor, attempting to shield his eyes from the blinding light. A puzzled expression clouded his face as he spotted Lilith and Charlene standing on the other side of the door, their arms crossed defiantly over their chests. "Mu'thar, you don't even possess a fraction of the power needed to bewitch either of us. Your disdain for women is painfully obvious. Your pitiful tale of your father's abuse and your newfound desire to aid your mother mean nothing to us; we're all too familiar with Kar'tar and his twisted nature. We know that for seven long generations, he terrorized and tormented our daughters. You either chose to ignore the atrocities or, worse yet, participated in them. Regardless, you are far from being someone we could ever trust."

This time, Charlene's voice was firm and assertive, "What possessed you to believe you could beguile me, the Succubus Queen? That was an utterly asinine decision, and even I couldn't sway Lilith's desires. You never stood a chance to manipulate us. What was your endgame?" She glared at him in pure disappointment before shifting her gaze to Lilith. "How can this wretched fiend be the outcome of our daughter's upbringing? We instilled better values in her." Charlene was devastated that Tra'tha had not only landed herself in this predicament but had also involved her sisters in this nightmare.

Lilith gently raised her hand and stroked Charlene's cheek tenderly, "My love, I vow to rescue them and exterminate Kar'tar, presenting his decapitated head for your disposal." This provoked a scornful chuckle from Mu'thar.

"You are no match for his legions; they are leagues beyond your feeble human strength; he will enslave you just as he has with your other daughters. On that day, you will gaze upon me, towering above you as your superior," he sneered haughtily. But now it was Lilith's turn to let out a sinister laugh.

"Child, you have absolutely no clue what I am capable of or the extent of my power. If you or your father presume that you can break my spirit and force me into submission, be prepared for a ruthless reckoning," declared Lilith with a malevolent grin.

OriginalContent rephrased: Gripping Charlene's hand firmly, Lilith whispered with determination, "Come, we must discuss our next course of action." She guided Charlene away from the eerie cell and toward their residence. As they entered the front door, they were suddenly confronted by a furious Elizabeth. "How could you possibly allow that monstrous creature into our city and even consider healing him?" She yelled at Lilith and Charlene, her voice trembling with fear and anger.

"Elizabeth, please calm yourself. You are safe from him; we have everything under control," Lilith tried to assure her with a gentle but firm tone.

Her rage unabated, Elizabeth retorted, "Mother, you cannot grasp the horrors he is capable of! Has his charm ensnared you as well? I saw him beguile countless women shortly before violating them. Please tell me his enchantments have not fooled you."

"Elizabeth, rest assured that neither of us fell prey to his wicked charm. For him to assume he could deceive us was nothing but arrogance on his part. We have restrained him inside a demon trap located in the subterranean city. He poses no threat to any of us now. All we've done was incarcerate him in a cell," Charlene explained while embracing Elizabeth tightly, hoping to alleviate her fears.

Lilith and Charlene led a still-trembling Elizabeth into the living room, only to discover, much to their surprise, that the council members were gathered there, awaiting their arrival.

Minerva narrowed her eyes at Charlene and Lilith, annoyance seeping through her tone as she demanded an explanation. "What on earth is happening here?" The brewing storm within her mirrored the unease sparked by the pair's actions.

With a steadying hand on Lilith's shoulder, Charlene stepped forward to address the situation. In a reassuring voice, she told Lilith not to worry - she would handle it. Facing the council, she acknowledged that they may not agree with allowing a demon into their city. "But," she continued, "we had no choice. We need answers that only he can provide. Lilith has him trapped in a demon snare, his powers restrained, unable to escape his infernal prison. We assure you, there's no cause for alarm; we won't expose him to innocent lives."

Minerva's expression twisted into a scowl at their defiance. "You should have consulted us before bringing such a vile creature into our midst! You cannot jeopardize this city in such a manner without our consent!"

Charlene attempted to pacify Minerva, explaining that there had been no time for consultation. Capturing and securing the demon had been of utmost urgency. "He is contained in the underground city," she added, "isolated from our people above. We vowed to protect this city, and we remain true to that promise. Please trust us."

David then interjected with a question that lingered heavily on his mind: "What will become of him? Is Elizabeth in danger?"

Charlene's response was chillingly evasive: "It's best for you not to know what fate awaits him," she said darkly, her gaze never faltering. "Just be assured that we will extract the necessary information and meet out justice for his deeds. As for Elizabeth - we promise you she is safe from harm and beyond his reach."

Minerva's voice thundered, an eerie chill filling the air, "Lilith, Charlene, despite being the most powerful beings in this city, you have bestowed upon us the duty to safeguard it and the wizards across the globe. It is not your place to make unilateral decisions without consulting our council. Allow us to perform our duties."

A shiver ran down Lilith and Charlene's spines as they grasped the gravity of Minerva's words. Acknowledging the authority of the council, they relinquished their control and vowed to abide by the rules set forth by those they entrusted.

up
82 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

What happened to chapter 4?

could not find chapter four posted is ch 5 really ch 4?

Elsie Wilde