See You on the Other Side (End)

Printer-friendly version

See You on the Other Side 7 small.png

See You on the Other Side
(End)
By Sabrina G. Langton

***
Author's Note: Thank you for making it through my epic story about Brooklyn, Stevie Wonder and Peace, Love and Understanding. I hope YOU like my ending...

***

Saturday morning I woke up alone, the call with Lillian shook me up. Now I had to deal with the fallout, I knew if she called today, she would yell, she would make me feel guilty. Guiltier.

It was early, I had to get ready for the market in the basement, I was so looking forward to it. I decided to text Lillian, according to my clock it was 6:30 PM there. I told her I was working with Sheila at the market and I asked if she had anything to contribute.

She called, I was hoping she would just text, and I wouldn't hear from her the rest of the day.

"Why are you bothering me with this crap?"

I said goodbye, I wouldn't bother her anymore. It's crazy but she treated me like a teenager, as her young daughter, like her unruly son. I still couldn't get myself into the mindset of an adult when she was involved. I was twenty-eight, I didn't understand it, I would have to ask Ross to see if he felt the same way with her.

I took the longest shower, my hair in a cap. I had to cleanse my body and my pores of Lillian. When I approached the mirror, my hair still looked perfect, my eyebrows and lashes still looked nice. The tattoo on my leg looked even longer like it grew overnight. I sat and fixed my makeup at my little vanity and little face mirror. One day I would have a complete room for myself, all flowers and pictures of ballerinas. Stevie Wonder or Roberta Flack coming out of the speakers, old sixties musicals on the TV screen. All my books in alphabetical order on my shelves. Something just for me, for myself, for my female self. Maybe even curtains. One day I will have a closet full of clothes and heels, and someone asking me to hurry. 'Hurry I want to see you looking incredible.'

I had my DD cup leopard bra, matching my long sleeve leopard bodysuit. I had on jeans, they had strategically placed holes, showing off my beige pantyhose. I slipped on my three-inch heeled tan suede booties and found the matching bag. Dark gray lipstick to set off the gray of my nails, and then a thin silver watch and thick silver clip-on hoops. I sprayed on some perfume and went to make a call. I ordered a couple of urns of coffee, just slightly different than the urns full of ashes.

I had two shopping bags of clothes and things that were hidden in our tiny storage room next to the kitchen. I pretty much cleaned it out. They were mostly men's clothes.

***

I met Ross on the tenth floor, Sheila had given him a hand truck to put all of Charlene's plastic tubs on. Six in total, mostly half-filled, her entire life. Ross was glad to see them go. Of course, we made out like teenagers on the elevator.

"Over here." We heard Sheila's husband, Bruce yell for us as we entered the hall, it was crowded already, it was busy, it was huge. I had never come down here before. I may never leave. The man from the Middle Eastern Deli set up the urns, and I couldn't wait for coffee, I made one for Dave and brought it upstairs.

When I came back Ross had all of Charlene's things on a table and some on the floor, he already had someone interested, a woman and a young man were talking to him. I got closer and slipped behind the tables to stand near Sheila.

"Sabrina?" Ross was waving me over. I smiled, I fixed the things on the table, I was becoming a saleswoman. "This is Patti, Patti this is Sabrina." I looked at her, I wasn't ready to meet anyone important in Ross's life so soon.

"Um, hi nice to meet you."

She smiled, I could feel her looking at me so intently, so strong. She made her way from my eyes with my copper shadow to my breasts, then she took my hand.

"You too, this is my son."

I shook his hand, they made small talk, they talked about the weather. She watched me as she talked, she complimented my choice of gray nail color, even though it didn't match the rest of my outfit. She wanted to see my boots and I backed up to show her. She showed me her shoes, we weren't that different. Charlene was completely different than the two of us, at least Patti and I were about the same height, same coloring, same lighter hair. Charlene was the opposite, she was dark, with long black hair, black eyes, and so short. I was guessing Ross didn't have a type, or maybe he had a new one.

I made them coffee, we talked some more and then they had to leave, Patti kissed my cheek goodbye and gave me a hug. I wasn't ready for it, she had to pull me into her. "Let's go out one night, you know, for drinks. You can leave Ross at home."

I smiled, "Okay, that will be nice. Actually, I have a friend that wants to go out, you would love her she smells like the 'Botanical Gardens.' we can be a crowd." I was referring to Sana, she had called me twice this week and we made tentative plans.

"Even better," She winked, her son waved and they were gone. It was nice, I guess not everyone was going to yell at me, and I was expecting her to do just that.

I asked Ross, "Are you missing a relationship with Patti," I felt a little sheepish, a little torn, a little sorry. He just smiled and hugged me, biting my ear in the process.

We had customers, it was busy, I could tell that Sheila and Bruce were having a great time. When it quieted down, Ross stood behind me, he held my hands that I had against my stomach, he kissed and licked my neck. He whispered in my ear. "Patti wanted to meet you, she didn't think you existed."

"Oh? Maybe I don't."

Just then I heard Martyn. He ran over with Randall, "Sabrina, come with me, look at this chair, it's incredible. It will look perfect on our basketball court."

I laughed, I guess I did exist.

***

I was exhausted. Ross and I either sold everything or gave it away. We gave all the money to Sheila and Bruce for the tenth floor. We should have more get-togethers there, maybe a small fridge, a bar, a fully stocked one. Once again Ross and I were standing next to my apartment door. I didn't have to worry about anyone coming home. We went to Sheila's floor for pizza after the flea market, we sat and drank all night. Martyn and Randall came and I called Sana and her husband Ajay as well. I made drinks on the windowsill looking out over the Park, Sheila cut up vegetables on the little coffee table, her kids were running around like crazy. It was nice, I was going to fall in bed and sleep most of tomorrow.

We said goodnight, I liked having someone walk me home, kissing me goodnight, playing with my hair and breasts.

"Goodnight." Ross kissed me again, I knew he didn't want to leave but I was so tired, and I wasn't ready to share a bed with him yet.

"Goodnight, call me." I grabbed his cheeks and brought them to me, I gave him a kiss he would never forget.

We pulled apart, and he smiled. "Whoa, okay. Can I have your number gorgeous?"

It was the first time a man asked for my number. We laughed, tomorrow would be a wonderful day.

***

It's crazy how Lillian leaves, and my socializing ramps up. I was a 'woman' the whole time, I was busy the whole time, I still was. We had just come back from Sunday brunch with Martyn and Randall, we visited Sheila and Bruce and the kids, now Ross was taking me back to his apartment. We were going to make love like two adults. Two people who were completely ready to share each other's bodies.

I was wearing my short black dress and my black pumps, but I brought a change of clothes. I brought with me some lingerie because that was the type of woman I wanted to become. I was going to be all in white.

I took a quick shower, I had to clean myself out, had to wash the beautiful day off of me. When I came out I was wondering where I could get dressed, I couldn't find a room to get comfortable in. Ross was taking a shower in the larger bedroom. Now that all of Charlene's belongings were gone, the Karma inside there was better. With her ashes free she could get on with her afterlife, maybe she would take another trip leaving us far behind.

I didn't want to go into his little back bedroom, which was a man's room, it had a tiny little mirror, it was dark and had the smell of aftershave. I decided I was getting dressed in front of my beloved Brooklyn, right near the balcony, the glass doors reflecting my lingerie. I stood naked, completely tucked looking as feminine as I ever would. I put on my white bra, it gave my double D cups full support. Then came my sheer white crotchless silky panties. Over that my white detailed garter belt then white, sheer stockings. I put on simple white pumps and long silver earrings.

I heard Ross and called to him not to come out. I wanted him to see me perfect, in all my lingerie looking like a model from a television commercial, ha.

My eyes were dark and my eyelashes looked long and sexy. My lips were mauve clashing with my long gray nails. I then put my hair up, I watched a girl do it on YouTube. It took me longer to achieve the look she had than to cook chicken tikka masala, but when I was done I looked stunning. Now I looked and felt like a mature woman, an adult. I felt like such a young girl with Ross, dating, getting to know each other, just going through the motions of courtship. I felt like Lillian and Sana were my older sisters, Martyn my favorite brother. I was an only child and both my parents were gone so I was grateful for the support, for the bigger imagined family. When I closed my eyes and pondered, I felt like Ross and I had known each other for a long time, grew up together, met old friends and new friends together. We were ready for the next step.

I put my phone on the little table next to the lamp. I was playing music. No sitars, no sarods, just love songs. Mainly just my favorite love song.

'I believe when I fall in love with you it will be forever,
I believe when I fall in love this time it will be forever'

I started to record myself, getting ready to record us. I also wanted my phone in easy reach if Lillian called, she had been awfully quiet today which made me a little nervous, and I didn't want her screaming at me again. She was always a yeller, sometimes right on the edge of a fight. I was thinking her going out more was making her a little easier to be with, a little easier to handle. She was always condescending and a little too short with me, but that was okay. I had known her for more than five years, I knew when to avoid her. Sometimes I avoided her for weeks.

"Okay."

I heard his door open, once again I played with my hair and ignored Ross. I was such a diva, I let him walk over to me, let him take in my outfit. I played with my hair, feeling it dangle against my neck. I was watching in the reflection of the glass doors, I couldn't believe that was me and I was with a man. I had changed so much in the three years in this building, I had changed so much in the nine weeks of having Friday dinner as a 'female.'

Ross was wearing a robe and I watched his reflection get closer to the blonde, the one with her hair up, a leg tattoo, and large breasts. The one who was ready for anything.

He kissed my neck, his hands went right for my boobs. His body rubbed against me. "Mmm," He then laughed, "I feel like I have been sharing you too much this weekend. I am glad tonight you are all mine."

I spun around, "How do you like my outfit? I was going for sensual this time," I pulled back, I walked out onto the balcony. I posed in my white bridal lingerie. My hands were in the air, I was freezing, my nipples were hard, but he came closer and we embraced. We kept each other warm, he kept me feeling safe.

"You know," He kissed me as we looked out on the bridges, the river. "I have never loved my balcony more. Before I met you I never even came out here."

We made out with the lights of Brooklyn surrounding us, I took his hand and brought him back in. That was enough showing off to the world, the rest of the night was for us.

We went into his little back bedroom, I had tidied up a little, I had changed the sheets and bedspread. I lit a couple of candles, my music was still playing and seeping in through the door. We made out, his tongue in my mouth, on my cheeks and neck. I always felt like a delicacy to Ross, he always tasted me first. He would suck my fingers or run his nose in my hair, lick between my breasts, bite my shoulders. I was another Friday night dinner to him.

"Mmm, I have been thinking of your body all day." He then went back to my mouth. I had my hands in his hair, I was bouncing from one foot to the other. I wanted to taste him too.

I led him to the bed and took off his robe. I smiled when I noticed his boxers, they were white, we matched. I played with his cock, I put my hand in the opening to the underwear. "It's so nice that 'Fruit of the Loom' made me a little access opening." I teased him as I played with his cock. I pushed him back onto the bed then slipped down, crouching. I wanted to play with him in his boxers, I wanted to see my nails rubbing a man, making him excited.

Once his hands went into my hair I knew he was more than ready, he was breathing heavy, he was whispering my name. I knew once he was in my mouth he was going to cum. I knew he would be too excited to make love to me.

I slipped off his shorts and took him into my hand, I loved how thick he was, I loved how his cock looked in my hands. He was so close to my lips. I looked so dainty with my gray nails tickling his balls, rubbing his manhood. I took him into my mouth.

"Mmm."

"You like it?" He asked.

"Mmm, I do. When I think of you, I imagine your cock is in my mouth."

He laughed as his hands went into my hair, he fingered my earrings. I started to take him more into me. I licked the length of it, I sucked on the big head. Did I love this? I started to press my face and nose against him, I loved how he smelled, I loved how much pleasure he was giving me. I started to caress the slight bump in my panties, my 'clit,' was getting hard.

"That feels great," He moaned, "You want it?"

"Yes." Whenever he asked me a question, my answer was always yes. I said yes a hundred times, I wanted him, I wanted him to cum. I rubbed myself as I took him completely into my mouth, hitting my throat, lovingly tasted by my tongue.

"I'm gonna cum, baby," He slid out of me. I got on my knees, took my hair out of its clip, shook my head, and felt it all around my face. I smiled, my dark lips getting close to his cock as he pumped. I had one hand in my panties and another on his thigh, then stomach, then chest.

"Mmm, I want it, baby." I cooed. "I want to taste you." I smiled, I stuck out my tongue, my hair in my face. He started to shoot, his sperm landed on my face, my hair, the buildings outside of the windows. he came so much, he shook his cock and he sprayed. I engulfed him taking what was left down my throat.

My eyes opened wide, I started to orgasm, "Mmm, yes, yes..." I moaned as I came into my panties, he was watching with a smile, I was moaning and begging. I wanted more, I wanted him to cum on me again, I loved it. I licked him like ice cream, like lollypops, he was so clean. I took my fingers and found cum on my bra, my belly. He watched, his cock was still hard. He lifted me up and we kissed again.

He whispered in my ear, his mouth was buried in my hair. "That was pretty amazing. I have never felt that great or excited before."

"I have, in my mind, while I gaze out of my window, our windows. I imagine everyone hearing us scream wondering why they weren't having great sex too." We kissed, he lifted me up and we fell onto the clean sheets, his room needed a woman's touch. So did his life.

***

We were under the covers, it was nice being held, it was nice being warm from another body. I wanted him inside me, I knew it was going to hurt, I read so many things online. Martyn tried to tell me horror stories, I laughed, I wanted to try, I wanted to feel what it was like to have a man enter me.

I was nervous but I didn't even want to bring it up, I didn't want to talk about my first time, I just wanted it to happen. I was still in my white lingerie, I even had on my heels, under the blankets. I moved and backed into him, he was naked and we spooned, it was nice. I forgot about every other bed I was ever in, alone or otherwise, none of them mattered. He started to get hard again, I played with him, my long nails lightly touching him. I put him close to the opening in my panties, I had jelly inside of me, I was ready. I aimed his cock toward my hole, it waited just on the outside, he needed just to push. Just a little, I relaxed, I was ready. He kissed my neck and his cock started to enter me, we were quiet, I let it happen. He pushed in further, he grabbed my waist. Slowly his cock made it inside of me, I felt split in two, I wanted to scream but I didn't. I wanted to bounce around and force him in quicker, but I didn't. I was an adult, I wasn't a teenager, how could I still be a virgin in my late twenties. I was so sexy, for chrissakes.

"Oh, my god..." I felt it, he breathed out as he completely slipped inside of me, he kissed my neck and back. he played with my bra strap, I let him rub and fondle. I wanted to feel his cock, I wanted to feel its length inside of me. We fucked, it was wonderful. He started to cum, he put his hands on the front of my panties and pressed. he played with me and we came together. It was quick, but it's what I needed. We had our whole lives to make love.

We were quiet, the room was quiet. The music had ended, my playlist was over. I turned onto my back and we silently made out, we kissed and then I thanked him. I thanked him for making love to me, for taking me to Martyn's party, for not being angry at me or disappointed. I was fallible, we all were. I thanked him for making Friday even better than it use to be. I thanked him for giving me the strength to talk to Lillian. It would be hard, but she would understand.

I looked at his little clock, it was still early. Tomorrow morning I would call her, I would warn her when she comes home on Wednesday I was going to be wearing a dress. Something new, something she had never seen before. I was also going to be wearing my new breast forms and showing off my new hair. I bought her a present at the flea market. I wanted her to know even though Ross was keeping my body busy and everyone else was keeping my mind occupied, I was still thinking about her.

I was hoping she was loving India. I was hoping it would stay in her heart, that she would remember it forever.

***

I was just waking up, I had a little bit of a perfect nap, I felt I didn't even deserve it. I was looking up at the ceiling, the little back room completely opposite of mine, on the Southside of the building. The closet was on the wrong side, one of the windows was facing the wrong way, even the door was off. My life was now the complete opposite. Even my gender. The only thing that matched was the view in front of us, the view looking towards Queens. I felt very relaxed, very satisfied, I had two incredible orgasms. "Ross?"

"Yes, you called."

"I'm going to say the Southside of the building is heaven, but I think we might need to make love in my room on the northside first. It might not be that easy to achieve."

"Really, are we running tests?" He got up on his elbows, his cock was hard again, I could see it tenting the sheets.

"You think I'm crazy, don't you."

Maybe." He then moved closer, his slight beard rubbed against my cheek, his tongue licked my lips. "Sabrina?"

"Mmm?"

"I am in love with you." He was watching me, it felt a little surreal. It was so dark, I wanted to see his eyes better, we only had candlelight in his room. I haven't heard that phrase in years, I was quite taken aback by it. I have said that phrase two times in my life. A girl and a woman. Only one lasted. Now I was in love with someone else.

I put my hands on his cheeks and drew him closer, I was so prepared to tell him the same. I smiled, and once again my whole body was tingling, I felt the entire room vibrate, I heard a loud heartbeat, a pounding, a banging, an awful lot of screaming. Ross turned around, he got up and moved away from me, my arms still held out, he headed to the front door. Someone was banging, we heard yelling, maybe there was a fire. I was semi-naked, in just my lingerie, I slipped on my pumps and put on Ross's flannel shirt, it came down past my ass. He opened the door.

"What the fuck, what took you so long, you don't hear me screaming." Lillian was home early, She pushed him. She was four days early. I heard her, I didn't see her yet.

"Please Lillian, calm down."

"Don't tell me what to do, what the fuck, where is she, HE!" She was screaming, I walked out I felt so foolish, she was causing all this drama and it was my fault. It was the world's fault.

She looked at me, she had such hate in her eyes. I felt myself start to tear up, I was so nervous, I hadn't seen Lillian yell like this in years. "Lillian please..."

"Fuck, fuck, I can not believe you two are sleeping together, I knew it. Since when did you become such a fag, what the fuck, look at you in his shirt..."

Sheila and Bruce were now at the door, "Is everything okay? Sabrina are you alright?" I caught her eye and ran around Lillian, I wanted to be next to Sheila, I wanted to be away from the woman flailing. She looked at all of us, her eyes so red, and she ran through the door, knocking into me and Ross, I felt back and Bruce caught me. Lillian was still cursing, she hit the walls and she went on the elevator.

I started to cry. I wasn't crying because I was being screamed at, or that I was sleeping with someone I loved. I was crying because someone came to help. I was crying because I never told Ross that I loved him.

Sheila took my arm, "We should go see if she's okay, that was totally crazy." So we did. I put on a robe and we went down to the tenth floor, we then went upstairs to hell. The northside was now hell, I was convinced, we didn't have to run any tests. Martyn didn't have to come with his horns.

I was clutching Ross when we were in the elevator. We were going down.

What do I say? How do you tell your wife you fell in love with someone else. It was an accident. Maybe it was because we had such great sex, or because he was nice to me, we had such a great time together. Maybe this is the way it was supposed to be, supposed to happen, I wasn't one to argue with Chance. Maybe it has nothing to do with love, if we only had a little more time, so I would know, I would be sure. So we all would know.

We switched to the next elevator we were going up. We heard Lillian before we even got close, she was still screaming. I didn't really know why she was so mad. She hasn't bothered with me in months, it had to have something to do with the building or with India, or maybe even work. I was usually the furthest thing from her mind. Maybe she didn't like Sheila knowing so much that was going on in her life.

We heard more banging, we turned toward 1901N, all my female clothes were thrown in the hall, some were on top of my vanity, the legs were bent. She was throwing my shoes and makeup into the hall. The wall was splattered with red and pinks. I saw Sheila on her phone, she then came and rubbed my shoulder.

"Lillian, you have to stop, please." Ross was trying to reason with her but it wasn't happening. We let her clean the house of my presence.

"And you also ruined India for me too." Lillian was yelling at me still, through the bodies and clothes all over the floor. "Fuck... the music, the food it all reminded me of those stupid fucking dinners you make. What are you trying to prove, just stop, I don't need them or you anymore." She screamed and cursed.

After what felt like years of her throwing more things in the hall and her yelling obscenities now at all of us she slammed the door. All the neighbors were watching the drama as Sheila turned the corner with four men, four hand trucks, empty boxes, and plastic tubs. They started filling them, Lillian was done, I couldn't believe my whole life was on display in the hall. I felt just like Charlene, her life used to be in tubs. Now, mine were taking her place, living in her old dirty room piled against the wall and collecting more dust.

I was speechless as the men and Ross helped me with my strewn clothes, I lifted a bunch that was on the vanity, still on hangers and then I cried. My heart was broken. Sheila stood next to me to see what my fingers had found. I couldn't see, everything was blurry, I couldn't even hear anything, the echo from Lillian's yells still reverberated in my head.

Ross walked over. I had four arms around me. My blue and gold plates were broken. Shattered, cracked, dust. It would have been better if they were thrown against the walls, broken into a million and two pieces. But no, it was a calculated break, right in the middle of all four of them, next to each other. Neatly placed, she was teaching me a lesson.

I don't remember the rest of the night.

***

Friday, December 24th

Friday was always my favorite day. Friday night was my favorite night, it was date night. It was the night I made something new, I immersed someone I loved into a new world, a new idea, a new reason to be alive. It made me feel great knowing I was making someone feel special, it was all for them. Sometimes locations change, it's called relocation.

"What time is everyone coming?"

"Four."

I made Biryani today, I made my own roti and naan, I was becoming quite the chef, a chef from India. Sana said my Butter Chicken was better than hers, but I now use her recipe. She still makes the Lassi, I make the martinis, life is less complicated that way.

"It's nice we have a table set for ten. I don't think there have ever been that many people in this apartment ever.

*

Ross and I took a trip to India, we went to Jaipur, we visited my friend Varun. He was surprised but happy to see us. We took Sana and Ajay with us. Their family lived forty miles away. I was upset when we met Varun's mother I had to tell her about her family plates, my family plates. Four perfect gold and blue pieces of ceramic. I was going to lie and say I just wanted to get more, but I didn't. She let me cry, and then we all went shopping, she picked out ten of the most perfect things I had ever seen.

"I want to buy them for you." She smiled at me, she was wonderful. "I want you to tell everyone that comes to dinner that me, Chacha, picked out your table setting. I want to feel involved, haha."

*

I lightly ran a napkin over the red and gold plates, around the wine glasses. He was watching me in my red dress. Once again I was full of white polka dots. "Are you sure the Southside is ready for such a crowd?"

"It is." I smiled, I had on music. I had on Stevie Wonder. Our WORLD was bigger and ready for a crowd, I was going to be in the middle of it.

'I believe when I fall in love with you it will be forever,
I believe when I fall in love this time it will be forever'

"This song is so sad?" He came over and hugged me, I was now at the window, I was looking down, Schermerhorn, Livingston, Fulton, Willoughby, and now, Atlantic.

"I know. Sometimes things are sad, and things change, and they become not sad."

He was listening, his hands were on my breasts, his hard cock was pressing against me. I held his hands as he caressed me, I was quite happy. This song also got happier as it went on, I would wait until he realized it.

"Wait, does he find love? Or is it in his mind?"

I wiggled my bottom, I had so much room in this dress. My pantyhose felt so incredible against my skin.

"Stevie finds love, it takes a while, but when he does he tells her he will be in love forever. It's not a fantasy." I felt so warm and safe in his arms against the backdrop of the city. "Stevie met someone while he was with someone else, 'Shattered dreams, worthless years,' he then fell in love and through divine intervention they ended up together. It's a perfect song."

'I believe when I fall in love with you it will be forever,
I believe when I fall in love this time it will be forever'

"The keywords are 'This Time.' Everyone needs a second chance, doncha think?"

"Mmm. They do." He moaned, I pushed against him, everyone will be here within the next half hour but I wanted him inside me, I wanted to make love. I wanted to listen to this song the entire time. He lifted my dress, he pulled down my pantyhose, he slid in. We started to fuck on Christmas Eve, the new lights twinkling, the Christmas tree only fingers away. He grabbed my waist, his cock always made me feel incredible, always made me cum. I went through so many panties a week.

*

I accidentally ran into Lillian. I got used to calling Dave and asking if the coast was clear. If it wasn't I went out the back. I was on a secret mission.

It was Friday afternoon, I met Martyn for lunch, we discussed dinner plans.

"Honey, you know that you aren't as jumpy or grabby as much as you used to be, you are much more relaxed. Are the drugs finally kicking in?"

I smiled, his goal was to keep me giggling, happy. He walked me to the corner, he had three more blocks to go. I could almost see his block from our window on nineteen. I was a little distracted as I walked toward the building.

"Hey, can we talk?" Lillian wanted to talk, I was surprised, she was outside leaning against MY building. I was thinking she could yell at me again if she wanted to, I didn't care. Martyn could use another story, he loved the other one so much. I came out looking so good in his version.

I stopped, I was holding a shopping bag full of ingredients for tonight. I haven't been to the north side of the building or spoken to her since she got home from India. I didn't want to tell her I just came from there myself. She wouldn't take me, so I found someone else who would.

"I guess."

She handed me something, I opened my hand, it was the friendship necklace. I looked at her, "I figured you didn't want me to have it, it didn't make it onto the pile in the hall."

She looked at me quickly, she wanted to see if I was teasing. I wasn't. "It was on the mirror with your Aviator glasses. They are still there if you want them, I can bring them to you with the mirror."

I tilted my head, obviously, she wasn't mad at me anymore. I started thinking, she was so mean to me, I didn't understand it. The issue of course was that I cheated on her, with the person she kind of picked out for me, but she was so distant, she was done with me so long ago.

*

A couple of weeks ago her friends, Meg and Marlene took me out for drinks. I took Sana as a backup, I didn't want to be outnumbered. They apologized to me, they said they were sorry that Lillian got a little out of control. They felt it was a little their fault, I didn't understand.

Meg told me, "Well we were planning the India trip, all of us. The six of us. we were going for Thanksgiving with all the husbands." She gave Sana a slightly uncomfortable smile. "Lillian had been bothering us to go, the company was paying for it. Then, she decided she was going to stay. That was her plan."

"She was going to stay in India?" I was confused.

"We should have told you, we were going to leave her there. That's what she wanted to do. But, you know, she hated it. It was hot, it was dusty, crowded, she hated the food, the music. She was getting weird. She left and didn't tell us. She called the next day screaming, she told us what happened, what she did." She shrugged, she looked a little guilty.

*

I looked at Lillian and then at the friendship necklace. I always remember Martyn telling me it was for a twelve-year-old. I wish I was more perceptive and less naive, more like him. "No, thank you, you keep the mirror and glasses, it's okay," I told her. "I have everything I need. I have everything in my apartment, I'm good, actually." I slipped the necklace into my new luscious gray faux fur coat, with faux fur lining. "Have a good weekend, have a great night, like me." I smiled and walked away, I guess I didn't have to avoid her anymore. I was going to have another great Friday night and Lillian was going to spend it on her phone, life has a way of balancing out. We all get the life we deserve.

I wanted to tell her she broke my heart when she broke my plates. Those were the things I truly loved, they made all those Friday night dinners extra special. They meant something more to me, and I think she should have known that. But then again maybe she did, maybe she knew exactly what she was doing. We all get the life we deserve.

In my mind, I gave her more credit. Martyn would call me unperceptive and naive.

I said hello to Dave. I put something in his hand, "For your Granddaughter, Amber." I hopped up and kissed him over the counter, he shook his head.

"Hey, where's my coffee?"

I shrugged and stuck my tongue out at him as the elevator door closed.

*

Ross was completely inside me, I was streaking my window, I would have to clean before the guests arrived. "Ooh, is this an early Christmas gift?" I asked, being cute and sexy, that's what he liked, that's the type of person I became, I always was.

"Mmm-mmm." Ross didn't talk too much during sex, unlike me. I was always bouncing around, jabbering about something. I wanted him to know I was enjoying myself, I wanted him to know I was quite happy. He pushed in harder, his hands on my hips, he started to cum. I felt him hit the insides of whatever that part of my body is called that he was hitting. I felt my panties get wet, I didn't even have to touch myself anymore, I just came, it was his love for me that always made me over-excited.

I told him that we have had more sex this month than I had in my entire life. I just figured it wasn't my thing, maybe love wasn't my thing either. Then I met the right person, and I believe since I fell in love 'this time,' it will be forever.

***

The End

***

up
48 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

So Lillian was abandoning her husband……

D. Eden's picture

And then got mad and threw a temper tantrum when she found out Sabrina was cheating on her with the guy she set her up with?

What a bitch. She deserves to be alone on Christmas.

What really kills me about the whole thing is that she had already quit on the relationship and was walking away from it, and then gets pissed off because Sabrina wasn’t pining away for her and feeling upset.

Yeah, maybe they did both get the relationship they deserved.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

I hope everyone gets the life they deserve...

Sabrina G Langton's picture

Thank you so much for reading the favorite of my stories, D. I think it all started with the heart necklace that was the goodbye gift. Lillian was ready to get away from her cross-dressing husband. She was planning on going to India for a longer time than we knew, and once she got there it reminded her of her husband. Especially the food and the music. I'm just glad there was a happy ending, phew, thanks again for reading...

That’s life

Jill Jens's picture

So much more satisfying when you finally figure it out. It sometimes takes a while.
Lovely story. Lovely ending. Thanks Sabrina.

Jill

Nothing like a happy ending...

Sabrina G Langton's picture

Thank you, Jill. I love how easy that little meeting between Sabrina and Lillian went at the end. No anger, no disappointment, just going on with their lives. Good, now I can relax and let them get on with things, ha. Thank you so much for reading...