See You on the Other Side (Part 6)

Printer-friendly version

See You on the Other Side 6 small.png

See You on the Other Side
(Part 6)
By Sabrina G. Langton

***
Author's Note: Welcome to the second to last chapter. This one is my favorite, well, um, one. Lots of love, friendship, and positivity floating around these words, well, until they aren't, ha, and the drama comes in... I hope YOU like it.

***

"That will be, let me check. 22 dollars, times 11 months, plus tax, $263.50."

I took out my purse, I had sixty dollars. I wasn't expecting a bill. "Can I give you my Discover?"

"Sorry, this is a church, the Lord doesn't take credit." He smiled, he wasn't dressed like a priest, I was hoping for a more religious experience.

I was at St Agnes, a small Roman Catholic Church near the apartment building. I decided I was going to collect Charlene's ashes, I would be the one to pick them up. I wanted her ashes to see the world, or at least Brooklyn.

"And you are?" The priest looked next to me, I took Martyn for company.

"I'm here just to observe, so I can tell this story later."

"Oh."

He seemed okay with that, but I would have to go to a bank. "Okay, thank you, we will come back."

We all stood up, the priest held up an envelope. "Are you a relative?"

"No," I felt a little sheepish telling him who I was, but Martyn was watching and I knew I had to come up with something. "I am planning to sleep with the deceased woman's, well the ashes living husband."

Martyn looked at me interested, one eyebrow raised, "Mmm."

I then shrugged my shoulders, and the priest finally had a smile on his face.

"This was also in the casket." He took a ring out of the envelope and showed me. "According to the notes, she wasn't wearing it, but it WAS in the casket." He handed it to me and I showed Martyn. "I have been calling these three numbers from the family and they just hang up."

I just smiled as Martyn gave him back the ring.

"No you two keep it," He then handed me the urn. "This too, you can make a donation to the church when you two come in on Sunday. It will be nice having a young couple attending mass."

He wouldn't take the sixty dollars, so I hugged him goodbye and walked out of the church. We had to hurry, I was going to pee once I started laughing.

"Young couple?" Martyn was on his phone, he couldn't wait to call Randall and tell him someone called him young.

***

'I believe when I fall in love, with you it will be forever
I believe when I fall in love, this time it will be forever'

Schermerhorn, Livingston, Fulton, Willoughby, I definitely felt like I was in a musical now. Martyn was singing my favorite song as I shook Charlene over the streets of Brooklyn, all of my favorites. Maybe I would think of her as I traipsed through the neighborhood. My route to the Market, my route to where I met Martyn. My route home in Brooklyn, the place Charlene came back to, not to see her indifferent husband, but to pass away.

"You know," I made Martyn pause, "I'm glad this isn't a sad occasion, it's quite joyful letting someone's spirit free."

"Mmm, free to mix with the grime and leaves of the city."

'Yes, isn't that nice? And there is so much of her, she doesn't look that big in pictures."

"Maybe they gave us the wrong ashes." Martyn stopped and pondered. It was too late the urn was empty. We were in front of a jewelry store, I took his hand and we went in. We walked out twelve minutes later with $3,600 cash. We went to church and gave it to the priest, he gave us seven more urns and we let them all free.

***

"What are you going to be up to when I'm in India?"

"Mmm, I don't think I will be up to anything."

Lillian was all packed, she was waiting for a company car to take her to Kennedy Airport. She had been on the phone all morning, she was agitated and a little annoyed with me. I found a book I thought she would like, but she kept telling me I was in her way.

"I don't want you spending the whole week dressed up, you know, why don't you go visit the Cousins in Jersey City, stay for a while?"

She was looking through her papers, checking her phone, I don't think she looked at me once. I love how she thought her going away would change my routine. She very rarely did anything with me lately, she was so focused on work. I probably wouldn't even realize she was gone, except I was always going to be mincing in heels.

I kept on checking my big clock in the living room, I couldn't wait for her to leave. Ironically enough, the clock was in the shape of India. It even had a smaller clock face with the India time zone. I was covered, I could make believe I was in India with her, getting yelled at and making her uncomfortable. I was ready to let her go, I also had an appointment at Martyn's friends' salon. I had taken off the rest of the week and then all of next week. I didn't want to tell her, but I would be dressed as a woman the whole... entire... time... I might even be dressed up when she comes home, she would hate that, but I would warn her before she even got on the plane.

She got her call for the car and looked up at me, "I'm goin', umm why are you home?"

"To say goodbye, I took off."

I went to take her bag but she took it from me. I was going to walk her downstairs to the car, say goodbye again.

"I got it. Hey, are you seeing Ross on Friday for dinner?"

"Mmm-mmm."

"Why don't you cancel this week, since I'm not going to be home." She was out the door and closer to the elevator. I wanted to tell her we were making out last week, right here, right against this wall. I bet it was still warm. "It's getting a little weird." She was on, she was going down.

I ran to get changed. I called Martyn.

"Lillian's gone, she told me that it's getting weird that I have Ross come over for dinner on Fridays. What does that mean?"

"We know what that means..."

***

On the day before Thanksgiving I was the last appointment at the salon, I was the last one to leave. I walked in a twenty-eight-year-old crossdresser, I walked out a twenty-eight-year-old crossdresser with great hair. It was so full, it felt longer, it looked amazing. It fell on my shoulders, it had a slight part on the side, it showed off my newly pierced ears. Little gold dots. I also got nail extensions. Long and dark gray with matching toes. New eyebrows and longer lashes, it was going to be hard changing to a non-descript male when Lillian came back home but I didn't care anymore. I told personnel at work, we were on the phone for an hour, and they were excited for me to start working as a female. I just dreaded going in to meet everyone for the first time, but I had a dozen days before I had to really worry about it.

I think hanging out with Ross and especially Martyn had given me so much confidence, I needed them in my life. I also needed a change. This was a major effin' change.

I wasn't wearing sunglasses as I walked through my neighborhood in a short tight gray dress, the hem was right below my round ass, showing off my black stockings, my black pumps. I couldn't stop playing with my hair, touching it, flipping it over my shoulders. My double D breast forms looked perfect, my cleavage looked amazing, I had a new short gray pleather coat buckled around my waist. I wanted to show off my bottom, show off the body the girls at the gym and salon helped me achieve.

It was after six, the bridge and tunnel crowd were out, the streets were more crowded than usual. I went to the jewelry store to say hello, visited my favorite waitress at our favorite luncheonette. Picked up coffee at the middle eastern deli and looked for Charlene while drinking it. I wanted to visit Ross, rip his clothes off, push up my dress, but he wouldn't be home until Friday. He went to have Thanksgiving with his relatives. Martyn and Randall were still at work, I had to make due by myself, enjoying my tight gray dress and new long lashes, oh well... I went back to the apartment building and hung out with Dave. I brought him coffee.

"Dave, why are you always here. Don't you ever go home?"

He laughed, he was probably in his seventies, he had been a doorman his entire adult life. I never walked into the building without him being here, I now never walked by him without stopping to talk, or stopping to bring him something. He always complimented me, my hair, my coat, my choice of delis. I once told him that I was also a male that sometimes appeared on the nineteenth floor, and he didn't seem that interested. He didn't seem to care.

I was sitting on the high counter, my legs crossed, showing off my stockings and heels to the messengers and mailman. Dave and I drank our coffee and we smiled at all the people walking into the building. I showed everyone interested, my new nails, I gave them the number to my salon, I told them to ask for Leeanna. I wanted to send pictures to Ross, but I didn't have his number, WTF, I didn't even realize it until this morning.

Dave was watching me, he was deep in thought, then he informed me, "I like it betta' when you look like a lady. You brighten up 'da lobby, you make lotsa noise in your shoes, and you always say hello." I liked that he said that, I hoped everyone knew someone like Dave, he was so non-judgemental, so friendly, so Brooklyn. After we finished our coffee, I stayed for an hour, Windexing his desk, counter, the windows, and the security monitors.

"Maybe you better pull that dress down, you are going to give Dave here a heart attack, ha."

I turned around it was Sheila, she had a slew of shopping bags. I didn't realize it but my skirt was riding up as I reached the tv screens. I was turning into a flirt, when did this start to happen. My cheeks of my ass in the pantyhose were on display. I didn't care, everyone could say thank you, or send me flowers later.

"Can't wait for Friday, lots of drinks, okay?

"Okay with me," I smiled, fixing my dress and jacket.

"Sabrina, you look fantastic," She took my hand, "I love this color, Ross is a lucky man."

She knew me as Ross's friend, not Lillian's husband. It was nice thinking that the people who knew me thought my partners were so lucky. "And," I hugged her, "I am lucky to know you. Come on I'll help you upstairs. We can talk about Dave in the elevator."

She laughed as I stuck my tongue out to Dave, we went up to ten, the hub, the middle. You were either on one side or the other. Were people different on the north side, or the south? To me, the tenth floor was Purgatory, but which side of the buildings was heaven, which side was hell. I would have to have the Priest from St. Agnes, or maybe, Martyn visit in his devil costume and see which one he feels more comfortable in. He will growl and point, maybe I will wear red to throw him off a little. Ha.

***

Friday, November 26th

'I believe when I fall in love, with you it will be forever'

Being a 'female' for the last two days had done something wonky to my mind, my body, my sexual drive. I was going slightly crazy, I was posing in front of my mirror more, catwalking down the hallways, talking and singing to myself in the mirror.

'I believe when I fall in love, this time it will be forever'

It was black Friday, it was early, but I was drinking something with dark rum, I was on my balcony listening to music really loud. I was playing my favorite. Looking over toward Ross's. When Lillian was home I always played something from India, Ravi Shankar, M. S. Subbulakshmi, even Mohammad Rafi. All names I couldn't pronounce but all wonderful music, it put me in the mood for food and wine and conversation. But when I was alone, dressed to impress, skipping in high heels I put on Stevie Wonder.

"Stevie, what's that song that I love?"

'You're the woman I've been waiting for
Come on, let's fall in love
I believe when I fall in love, with you it will be forever'

I was singing, flirting, being cute, I was out today in the world and smiling at everyone. My new hair, nails, and eyebrows just made me feel so freakin' good, so effin' girlie. And it was wonderful being a single 'woman' living alone. I couldn't wait for Ross to come back. He wasn't that far away, just over two bridges. Unlike Lillian who was on the other side of the world. Ross was definitely the one I missed. He invited me to go to Thanksgiving dinner with him and his family but then I wouldn't have been able to say goodbye to Lillian, to almost help her to the cab. Looking back I wish I took up Ross's offer, I would have loved to of visited his family.

I came back from the salon, had a blowout, my lips plumped, and a temporary tattoo on my thigh. Big, red, and black flowers down the side of my thigh, almost hidden in my dress. I was waiting for Ross to come home from the middle of nowhere, Sommerville, New Jersey. Where? Is that near Winterville, down the road from Springfield, Illinois? Who cares he would be here soon, I couldn't wait. We were going to visit with Sheila and then I was planning on losing my... what do they call it on the internet? Something that's irreplaceable. I can't remember, I was too busy singing...

'I believe when I fall in love with you it will be forever,
I believe when I fall in love this time it will be forever'

Dave called me on the intercom and told me someone was coming up. I slipped him an Italian hero and a 'Manhattan Special' for that information. I posed in view of the door, nonchalant like, disinterested you know...

Oh, I was wearing a tight velvet look light gray dress. It dipped just to my knees, with nude pantyhose and red five-inch pumps with a nice two-inch platform. Underneath I looked amazing, all gray lingerie, Ross was going to love it. He was going to love my new favorite color. He was definitely going to take pictures.

Knock, Knock.

I was sitting on the arm of the couch, my legs crossed, my sunglasses on. After this I was putting them back, hanging on my mirror, I didn't really need them anymore, except for the sun.

"Come in!" I said too loudly.

He opened the door slowly, he walked in carrying a bag. We both had smiles on our faces, but I wasn't really paying attention, I was trying to look uninterested. I was trying to look like I didn't miss him, that five days wasn't that long to be without him.

He put down the bag, walked over to me, and took off my Aviators. He smiled, he bent down he kissed me. I slipped my arms around his neck as he lifted me up. We were quiet, the music was still playing and we swayed.

Then somehow we started to dance, a slow song was on, his hands were on my ass, mine on his chest. We were quiet, we didn't have to speak. We lightly kissed. I was looking into his eyes, I couldn't believe how much I missed him, why didn't I have his number. I wanted to call him constantly. I wanted to send him pictures of my legs and elbows and nails. Then we kissed again, his tongue in my mouth, my hands now in his hair. We made out while the music got louder, the air more electric, my body more tingly.

I pulled back to look at him. Shit, I thought, I'm falling in love?

"Hi," I said, his body still against me, his manhood pressed into my belly.

"Hi, I love your eyes, have they always been this blue?"

"I think so, I very rarely check."

He pulled back a little more, his body miles away. "Your hair, this dress, you always look too good for a man from the 'South' building."

We laughed and we kissed again, we had time before we went to Sheila's. We started to kiss as our bodies ground together, I was so tucked inside the panties that I had to rub my legs together to get some friction. I couldn't push against him but his cock was pushing against me. He started kissing my neck, my ear, my cheek and he started to cum. His hands pulled my body into him again, I then felt myself orgasm as he rubbed my ass, I made a little moan, I kept on saying yes. The whole idea that he was so excited to see me made me cum, the way his hands felt on my body, my panties were slowly getting drenched.

We got cleaned up, I took my plates from India with vegetables and cheese, I took a bottle of wine, and my clutch, "Ready?"

He smiled, it was nice. I never had to ask him what time he was leaving, I never had to wait until he got off the phone, and for some reason, we had only fooled around like two teenagers. I wanted to start having sex as an adult, an adult woman. I was watching him, he pulled flowers out of his bag, he pulled out a couple of spices, he took out four wine goblets.

"I found these in Sommerville. They almost match your plates."

I smiled, they were beautiful. I love that he was thinking of me. I put them right in the kitchen on the shelf with the two plates, I was taking the other two to Sheilas.

"Let's take some pictures before we go." I wanted to show off my outfit, my legs, my new pearl necklace. We set up both phones, pressed the timer, and ran back to the couch, I was having fun. We did it a couple of times. We watched ourselves on the screen of the phones, we looked great together. We were enjoying ourselves a little too much.

"Oh, Ross, I can't believe I don't have your phone number," I told him as he took my hands and lifted me. He shrugged. We picked up the veggies and cheese, we took the wine, we headed to the elevator.

He pressed the button for the tenth floor. "Lillian said I couldn't have your number, you had to talk to me through her."

"Really?"

"Yeah." He shrugged.

"Can you call Lillian and tell her I think I am falling in love with you?"

***

I loved sitting on the tenth floor, there were so many people catching the elevators, coming to the hub. No wonder Sheila and her husband, loved it here. She had a desk next to the window and she usually worked from home or six feet from it. Her kids were friends with the other family on the floor and they played games on the other side, we could hear them.

"Don't forget tomorrow," Sheila was pouring more drinks, something special she made. "downstairs in the basement, our annual flea market."

I moved closer to Ross, "I have to look see what I have."

"I have plenty, I can't wait to clean up," Ross laughed. His apartment was empty except for the remnants of his long-gone wife.

We made plans, I would get coffee and help at the market. I would make the change. We said goodbye and made our way upstairs, I wanted to show Ross my lingerie, I wanted him to play with my breasts.

***

We were in his apartment, I made him take me on a tour again. I took off my gray dress this time, he couldn't move, he stood and watched. I took his hand and he showed me all the rooms again. Even on the balcony, I showed off to the people looking out of their windows, I felt fantastic, I stretched, I waved, I was freezing. I had on my gray bra, with perfect DD's, and matching panties, tucked in and looking so femme. I had on sheer nude stockings and a garter belt, I took little steps in my red pumps. Looking at Ross, I could see his cock was hard, I could tell he was enjoying my outfit.

He bent and touched my leg, "Wow I love this, how long did it take?"

"Mmm, 'bout twenty minutes." The flowers looked so sexy on my leg, it was some kind of stencil. Lillian was going to freak if she saw it, I won't let her see it.

I took him to the chair near the balcony, I wanted to be immersed in the view, the view of Brooklyn and Queens, I wanted to be one with the city. I wanted to give him head, I wanted to suck his cock like the women in those porn videos I loved did. I wanted to worship his cock. I licked my lips, my perfect red lips.

I looked up at him from the floor, I was rubbing my breasts on his legs. My long nails fondled his thighs. "Are you wearing boxers?"

"Heh, I am. I bought new ones, just for my new beautiful girlfriend."

I smiled, but hearing that word did something to me mentally and physically. I breathed out, I spaced out, I could have cum in my panties if I didn't close my eyes. I hung onto his legs, my mouth was open. "Am I, your girlfriend?"

Knock, knock, knock.

His eyes went behind me to the door. "Who's that?"

It was Sheila, I slipped on my dress, I heard them in the other room. "I'm sorry Lillian called me, she said you two aren't answering your phones. She's sounded a little agitated."

I walked out, I was nervous.

"Ehh, we must have left them in the other apartment, Sabrina has a way of distracting me." He smiled, but Sheila looked a little unnerved.

"Maybe you better call her, it sounded important." I could tell she was looking at me differently. I was wondering how nasty Lillian explained who I was.

We said thank you, I held her hand for a long time, I needed some of her composure her strength, and we headed to the other side. In the apartment, my India clock said it was nine AM for Lillian. We looked and both of our phones were next to each other on one of the little tables, ready for another picture. I picked mine up. I had six calls from her, and a couple of texts, she was angry she needed me to do something.

I looked at Ross, he had calls from her too. "I dread having to talk to her, it has been so nice the last couple of days." But I had to, I dialed, "Hi, do you..."

"Where the fuck are you, I have been calling for an hour. Why are you not answering your phone? Shit, shit."

I started to shake, Ross put his arm around me, she had a way of yelling at me that made me lose all focus, made me nauseous. "What, what do you need."

"Fuck, I needed it an hour ago. There is the work printer in my room, I need the security number on the bottom, take a picture. And do it fast."

"Okay."

We went to her room and turned over the machine. I took two pictures, I heard her cursing on the phone. I started to send them to her.

"I got them."

"You got them?"

"Of course, they are on the cloud, wait what the fuck is this, are you with Ross?"

I went on my phone, I located the cloud, I started deleting pictures. This is crazy, there were so many. I got rid of three weeks of pictures in twelve seconds.

She was still yelling, I didn't know how many she saw but the last picture we took was of us on the couch, we were close, I was sitting on his lap and we were laughing.

"I told you I didn't want you to see him while I wasn't home."

"I know, but I, um, we planned it already. That's our Friday night."

"God, what the fuck, you gotta stop being this fucking sissy you created, he better not be there with you right now. And next time answer the fucking phone." She hung up, I was shaking, she was so mad.

Ross's phone rang. "Hello?"

"Are you with my fucking, faggot husband right now?"

He looked at me, I bit my lips. He held the phone, "No, I am with Sabrina." He hung up and dropped his phone.

"Are you okay?" He held me, I started to cry. It was such a perfect night, a perfect couple of days. The night was ruined, I wasn't going to lose my virginity anytime soon if Lillian had anything to do with it.

***

End of Part 6 of 7

up
49 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yeah, Lillian really has a problem……

D. Eden's picture

She set up this whole thing with Ross, and now she is pissed off about it? I wonder if the idea was for Lillian to get together with Ross, and introducing Ross to Sabrina was intended to show Ross that her marriage was a sham - that her husband wasn’t really a man and then use that as an excuse to get together with Ross. If that was the plan, it definitely backfired on her.

Based on her phone calls and her lack of interaction with her husband before going away for a week, she definitively doesn’t want to be with him - whether Sam or Sabrina, but then again that has been obvious for some time. She makes excuses to be out with “friends” and she plans a trip overseas without her spouse, even though she knows that Sabrina is dying to visit India.

Sabrina should never have given Lillian access to her pictures. But then again, it is obvious that Sabrina is here to stay. She has made several irreversible changes (or at least things that can’t be changed in the time frame before Lillian returns), not to mention her plan to go to work as Sabrina which she has already worked out with HR.

This relationship is over - everything but the yelling, crying, and paperwork. Hopefully she can still be friends with Sheila, Dave, and the rest of the people where she lives afterward.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Thank you D. Eden, for

Sabrina G Langton's picture

Thank you D. Eden, for keeping up with my story it means so much to me that you have taken the time to comment. I am going to put the last chapter up soon, it explains and shows everyone's positions in this little drama.

I like that this chapter was fun, Sabrina hung out with Martin and Ross's ex, she visited her new friends, interacted with her doorman, had fun with her new boyfriend, and bonded with Sheila, Ha... I won't spoil anything, but the next chapter makes me cry, just a little, but of course, I am a lightweight. Thank you again for reading....

Well that was mean

Jill Jens's picture

But at least now Lillian has a pigeonhole to put Sabrina into. This reminds me of how exciting it was to suddenly have no adult around. Transformative.

Jill

Exactly

Sabrina G Langton's picture

And that is always how Sabrina felt with Ross, like a teenager, she has been waiting to feel like an adult.

I can't wait until you read my last chapter, I think I will put it up on Monday. I hope you and everyone else like my ending. Thanks, Jill for reading...