Native Life Chp. 8

Printer-friendly version

“Come on and hurry!” Cora rushes a bunch of immigrants she and Amy found crossing from Mexico.

Some abusive coyotes were leading them. Several of the men had weird tattoos covering their faces and neck. She saw one of the men leading the group pulling on a rope attached to a collar on one woman.

She took the guy out with her bow while Amy was in her wolf form attacking the other men. Between the two of them, they managed to take the coyotes out. Now, they were being chased by members of the Creativity Alliance. They had called more of their members in after the defeat and destruction of their base.

Their members brought in military equipment and military-style drones to sniff them out this time. The drones were too high for them to shoot down. Plus, they weren’t being launched from the site either. So, Cora and Amy had to track down where they were being stored and refuel from and attack them there.

Cora spots several militia men shooting at Amy. She throws the boomerang she just recently acquired. She took it off one of the Alliance men. He had used it against her several times, so she knew how it worked. It took her a few tries to master it, but she managed.

The person she threw the boomerang at goes down. She summons the boomerang back to her. She throws it again and strikes another militia person. She spots Amy attacking several men in her wolf form.

Cora runs over to Amy “we need to get out of here and get these people back to our camp.”

Amy finishes off the soldier that attacked her and ran off with Cora. She helps guide the group of people back to the makeshift camp they have set up to help any immigrants they come across. The center was on Native American land, and there was nothing ICE or Border patrol could do about it. Suppose they trespass on the ground. They had the right to arrest them.

By the time Amy and Cora get everyone back to the camp. They were tired, hungry, and thirsty. Cora selects several women from the group and leads them to where they have food and water stored. Amy has been raiding the Alliances supplies. Also, several Native American people have been bringing supplies to help.

Cora watches as Amy changes back into her human form. She still couldn’t get over Amy being covered when she went from wolf to human.

“You know, I’m jealous that you can do that.” Cora had lifted her mask off her face.

She was surprised that her mask had changed shape. She liked how it sat against her face like a second skin. Plus, it has given her more abilities than she had before.

Amy looks at Cora “the cost for this ability was very high.”

“Still, I wish I could turn into a fox or something.”

“Who knows, maybe your wish will come true.” A smile appears on Amy’s face as she goes about helping the people they brought back.

Cora goes over to the woman with a collar around her neck and removes it. She looks at the woman “why was this on you?”

Romina looks at the woman who had helped rescue her. She had been wearing an ancient fox mask but now looked differently.

“I was going to be used to force my cousin to help the cartels to smuggle their drugs to the United States.” Romina looks at the young woman.

“What does your cousin do?” Cora was curious.

“He keeps track of all the Coast Guard ships and their patrol routes.” Romina was proud of her cousin and knew he was working on bringing her to the United States.

“We’ll need to inform your cousin’s commanding officer.”

“Won’t he get into trouble?” Romina didn’t want to get her cousin in trouble.

“No, your cousin will be fine. Now, you look like you could use some food and something cool to drink.”

“Thank you.”

Cora escorts Romina over to where some of the women are serving food. There were several coolers with ice and various drinks in them.

“Take whatever you like.” Cora turns and walks over to Army.

“We need to call Irene and have her and her people come out here and transport these people to safety.” Cora knew Irene could help these people.

“Alright. What will you do about the other woman and her situation?”

“I’ll call my contacts in the US Marshals and see if they can help her.” Cora pulls out the satellite phone they took from the Alliance.

She called the new US Marshal agents she was working with now. They were replacing the ones take got killed during her first mission. She walks off and talks with US Marshal Sharice Herrington.

Amy watches as all the men, women, and a few teenagers eat and relax. She knew these people were entering the country illegally but had nowhere else to go. She walks over and mingles with them to learn more about them.

Several Days Later:
The US Marshals show up to help Romina out and see what they can do to help the other people. Some Border agents and members from the Alliance show up to demand the people be sent back to Mexico.

Cora and Amy tell both groups to go to hell. Amy informs them that as long as the Immigrants are on Native American land, there isn’t anything they can do about it. She dares them to do something stupid.

Cora was standing nearby with her tomahawks in her hands. She was daring both representatives to do something.

“You don’t make that call.” Border agent Horton.

“And you have no authority here on Native American lands.” Amy wasn’t going to let a border agent boss her around.

“Gentlemen, until some compromise can be reached. Amy and I will continue to help any immigrants that come across the border. So, I suggest you find a way to solve this matter as long as they are here on Native American land. You can’t touch them if you decide to ignore our sovereignty. We will be taking this fight to you and your leaders. That includes your representatives in congress and your senators as well.” Amy made sure her eyes flashed gold when she said that.

“I would listen to what she says. You don’t want to piss her off or me.” Cora lets her eyes flash as well.

The Allegiance representative was about to say something when the border agent Horton stopped him. He looks at Mr. Moss, “don’t say another word.”

“But!” Mark was about to tell these two women to go to hell.

“No buts. It looks like the only way this matter will be handled is in congress.”

“Or the courts.” Moss looks at the two women.

“Your courts don’t mean anything to me. They are just as corrupt as your leaders.” Amy didn’t believe in white man’s courts.

“We’ll see.”

Cora and Amy watch as the two men walk away. Cora looks towards Amy “you know this isn’t the end of this.”

“I know.” Amy had a feeling things were about to get worst for them.

up
128 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Not going to end well

Samantha Heart's picture

For anyone involved. Things just got more complicated. Matters only got more complicated.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Things will be getting worse for our natives

Julia Miller's picture

The US government has constantly screwed over Natives. The government has broken many treaties regarding reservations since the beginning of the US. It seems any time something valuable was found on native land, they would break the treaty and expel the natives. We are not much better in Canada, natives get the raw end of the deal here too. Many reserves still don't have a freshwater supply and this is unacceptable.