The Mermaid Club

Printer-friendly version

Percy looks out from the pier as several girls and their parents drift by in their boat. He so wanted to be out on the water, but he didn’t bring his swimsuit with him. Secretly he wonders what it would be like to wear the type of swimsuits the girls wear. He has in the past put his mother’s one piece on when he was in the shower to see what it felt like. It was big on him because his mother was a little overweight from having four kids.

“Percy, stop daydreaming and get over here and help unload this boat.” Daniel looks at his younger brother and knew he wanted to be out on the water with his friends.

The thing was, he purposely hid his little brother’s swimming trunks, so he had to help with their father’s scallop boat. It was time that Percy learned what it meant to be a scallop man.

“Alright.” Percy turns around and walks toward his father’s scallop boat. He hated working on it. He hated the smell of fish, and he hated how all the shellfish tasted.

“Here take, this basket.” Rodney hands the basket filled with scallops to his little brother.

Percy picks it up and drags the basket over to the fish guys at the fish house. One of them just shakes his head as he takes the basket and dump it on the metal table and starts sorting the scallops.

“Bring the basket back, Percy. God, you are so useless.” Rodney couldn’t believe how of a wimp his little brother was.

For the next hour or so, Percy drags over several baskets filled with scallops. By the time they were done. He was tired and smelled of fish. He watches as his father moves the boat further up the pier. Two of his brothers jump off the boat to help secure it to the pile-on and cleats.

Richie looks at his little brother “you are a total fuck up. Do you know that? Why dad and mom insist that you help out on the boat, I’ll never know.”

Percy ignores his second older brother. He and his older brother were the golden children. They were popular in school and got perfect grades. They played football and the team went to State several times. His next older brother was away at college and only came home occasionally.

He was nothing like his brothers in looks or build. Sometimes, he thinks his mother had an affair and he was the result. They were all dark hair, well built, tall, muscular, and talented. All three of his older brothers played football and competed in bodybuilding and weight lifting. They won a lot of awards and recognition.

He on the other hand hasn’t won any awards and was on the school’s swim team and gymnastics team. He wanted to join the cheerleading team, but he wasn’t developed enough for them. They wanted guys that could catch the girls as they did flips and falls.

The coach of the cheerleaders said he should apply to be the school mascot as skinny and small as he was. She wasn’t nice to him at all. Most of the jocks in his high school thought he was a joke and a sissy.

By the time they get home, it was late. When they stopped for dinner, at a seafood restaurant that buys some of his father’s scallops and whatever else his father catches. He didn’t order anything off the menu, except a glass of iced tea.

He goes up to his bedroom and strips out of his fishy-smelling clothes. He grabs his towel from off his computer chair and walks across the hallway to the bathroom. He looks at all the shampoo and conditioner his brothers use and wish his mother would buy what he liked for once.

While he is in the shower, he runs his fingers over several scars on his body. He shivers as memories of how he got them surface. He sits down in the tub and buries his head against his folded legs he holds them as the tears flow from his eyes.

He cries for a while as he tries to get his emotions under control. It was only a year ago that he got them. After a couple of deep breaths, he manages to get his emotions under control. He wipes the tears away as he stands up and finishes his shower.

He dries off, before getting out of the shower and running across the hallway towards his bedroom. Last night his brothers decided to have fun with him and took his towel and started snapping it at his bare skin. They left a few marks, before giving him the towel back.

He walks over to his dresser drawers and pulls out an oversize shirt and a pair of shorts to wear to bed. His father says he looks like a girl dressed that way. The thing is, he likes it. He walks over to his computer and starts exchanging messages with a few transgender, gay and lesbian people he met online. Some of them he has met in real life. He went to a PRIDE meeting without his folks knowing.

Percy stays up for a while chatting on the computer. Before long he starts yawning and waves goodbye to everyone. He walks over to his bed and gets under the covers. He pulls his little mermaid plushy to him and hugs it as he falls asleep.

The next morning, Percy is woken up from a deep sleep by a pounding sound coming from his bedroom door. He looks over towards it with blurry eyes “what?”

“Get up, you wuss. Dad is taking us out on the boat to go fishing.”

“Go without me.” Percy buries his head under his pillow.

“Alright, you lost.” Richie rushes downstairs to join his father and older brother.

“Where’s Percy?” Frank looks at his second oldest son.

“He doesn’t want to go. You know how much he hates seafood.” Richie knew his wuss of a brother hated fishing, crabbing, and eating seafood.

“Where did I go wrong with that boy?” Frank shakes his head.

“You know he has always been different than his brothers, Frank.” Mary knew Percy was different and wasn’t going to force him anymore to take part in anything he doesn’t like.

“At least we don’t have to listen to him whine or his sissy ass music.” Richie was grateful for that.

“Now, be nice boys. He is your little brother after all.” Mary looks at both her oldest boys.

“Yes ma’am.”

Everyone walks out of the house and heads toward their father’s pickup truck. Rodney got their father’s first pickup when he got his driver's license. Richie owns his uncle’s Dodge Ram which was as old as their father’s oldest truck. This truck was his father’s newest one.

The boat was already connected to the truck. They pull out of the driveway and drive towards the city ramp to put the boat into the water. They couldn’t wait to go out on the water on it.

For the next few hours, Percy just sleeps. He was thankful everyone was gone. He hugs his little mermaid plushy tightly and enjoys the quietness in the house.

He finally gets out of bed around ten o’clock. He stumbles into the bathroom and empties his bladder. His stomach growls, letting him know he hasn’t eaten anything since breakfast yesterday.

The reason for that was that he and his brothers had to be at the docks around lunchtime to help their father dock and unload. Since they went to a seafood place last night for dinner, he didn’t eat anything. His body was starving for food. He opens the refrigerator and didn’t see anything he was in the mood for. He goes back upstairs to his bedroom and gets dressed.

He stuffs his bank card into his pants pocket and grabs his cellphone. He walks downstairs and to the garage and grab his mountain bike from the garage and pedal to Stuffy’s Subs and Pizza. He’ll grab a nice footlong chicken parmesan sub and some sweet iced tea.

As he walks into the restaurant, he spots his friend Cassy working the register. He walks up to the counter “hey Cassy. What are you doing working on a Saturday morning?”

“The full-time girl called in sick. Which, I know is bull, because rumor had it that she and her boyfriend were planning on going out on her father’s boat today.” Cassy knew that Julia has been planning on spending the weekend with her boyfriend and their friends.

“I’m sorry to hear that. Hey, are you still planning on having your pool party tomorrow?” Percy knew Cassy was throwing a pool party tomorrow and he normally got invited whenever she did.

“Yeah, are you still planning on coming to it?” Cassy liked Percy as a friend. She was also envious of his hair. He had a nice golden brunette coloring that was natural.

“If I can find my swimsuit. My brothers like to play games and hide my things.” Percy still hasn’t found his swimsuit.

“Don’t worry about it. I have a few at the house you can wear.” Cassy smiles at Percy.

“Cool, so can I trouble you for a footlong toasted chicken parmesan sub?”

“Do you want sides with that sub?” Cassy inputs the order into the register.

“No, but I would like a large sweet iced tea, please.” Percy pulls his card out to pay for the order.

“Your order comes to $7.57.” Cassy looks at Percy.

Percy hands his card to her and she slides it through the reader. She hands the card back along with the pad, so he can approve everything. He
looks at the total and gives his friend a five-dollar tip. She has always been nice to him and helped him in his English class when he had problems.

She was only a handful of kids he trusted. Her father was nice as well. He helped out a lot of charities and made loans to people, who other wised would be turned down by the big banks.

A receipt prints out. Cassy tears it off and hands it to Percy.

“Your sub will be a few minutes.”

“Thanks.”

“No problem.” Cassy smiles at Percy and goes about restocking the soda cooler. It should have been done last night, but it wasn’t.

Percy walks over to a small table that had two chairs and sits down. He watches as the pinball machine plays and flashes. He has wasted a couple of dollars of quarters playing that pinball machine. His top score was still on the display.

After a few minutes, Cassy waves him over to the counter. He could see she had his order ready.

“Here you go. I’ll see you tomorrow at ten. Unless you can come over a little earlier so we can get you suited up.”

“I can be there early. See you tomorrow, Cassy, and thanks.” Percy waves to her as he walks out of the restaurant towards the park, which was right in the middle of town.

He makes his way over to a nice bench right in front of the massive water fountain. It had dolphins and mermaids in it. A local artist who just recently passed away made it for the town and dedicated it to the citizens of Bramrith.

He couldn’t believe how old the town of Bramrith, Georgia was. The town is considered one of the fourth oldest towns on Georgia’s seacoast. It started as a seaport during the colonial days and grew from there. The main produce from Bramrith is seafood, but it also has a nice marine aquarium museum and research facilities.

Percy eats his sub and watches the water fountain. He loved how the water flowed out of the different sea shells. He knew some of the shells were based on the ones you find in Italy.

He has always loved coming to this fountain. It was relaxing and calming. He spots a few pennies laying near the base of the fountain someone missed tossing into the water. He puts his sub down and walks over to the fountain and picks them up and tosses them into the fountain.

He brushes his hands off on his jeans and walks back over to the bench to finish eating his sub. Afterward, he tosses his trash away and heads toward the comic book store. He loved going into that store. He browses through their newest collection of comics they just got in. He buys four of them and walks out of the store. His mountain bike was still chained up to the lamp post. It was his third bicycle.

His first one got stolen right out of the garage when his older brother left the garage door open. His second one got stolen while he was at school. He suspects that it was Mike Penn that did it. He and his crew were the trouble makers of the school.

He was also the one responsible for giving him the scars he has on his stomach and back. The problem with Mike and his crew was that he wasn’t afraid to attack a teacher. His old man was in jail for armed robbery and his mother was doing everything she could for him and his sisters.

Percy does some window shopping and stops at a privately owned store that caters to young girls. In the display window was a mannequin wearing a cute bikini-style swimsuit. He loved how it looked and wishes he had the body to wear it. He sighs as he walks further up the sidewalk looking at stores. The shoe store had a buy one, get one free, or of equal price, sale going on.

He walks into the shoe store and spots Mrs. Williams and another assistant manning the store. He waves to them and looks around at the shoes, but doesn’t see anything in the men’s that he liked. He browses through the women’s shoes and spots several pairs he loved. He would buy them, but his brothers would find them.

He does buy a pair of girl’s new slip-on by Sketchers. The ones in the men’s section were ugly looking and didn’t fit his feet right. He gets a second pair at half off.

He takes them up to the register to be rung up. Mrs. Williams gives him a look because she knew Percy only bought female shoes.

“Is that all, Percy?” As she looks at him.

“Yes ma’am.” Percy smiles at her as he hands his card to her.

He watches as she runs it through the reader and hands him a pad to sign. He signs the pad and waits for it to be approved. A smile appears on his face when he hears the receipt start printing.

“Here you go, Percy.” Mrs. Williams hands his card and receipt to Percy.

“Thanks, Mrs. Williams.” He accepts them and put the card back into his pocket.

He walks out of the store and over to a window ledge to change shoes. He’s been wanting to try these shoes for a while. As soon as he starts walking again, he could tell the difference right away.

“Oh yeah, these are much better than my old ones.” He does some more window shopping and makes a mental list of things he wanted.

He stops at a bookstore and spots a new book by a new author. The author was a blonde-haired woman and the title of the book was The Bounty Hunters. He picks it up and reads the introduction. It was about the hunt and capture of a deadly assassin by a group of experienced bounty hunters and their friends with wolves.

The first few pages of the book had him hooked. He closes the book before he submerged himself in it. He looks around and finds a few more books he wanted. By the time he was ready to checkout, he had selected three more books. One of them was a self-defense book. It showed you how to protect yourself.

He walks back down to where his bicycle was locked up and unlocks it. He mounts it and starts to slowly paddle away. He peddles to his favorite thrift store and locks his bicycle up and walks into the store. He leaves his packages at the counter and starts looking around.

He finds some girl clothes that could be worn either by a boy or a girl. He spots a niece's mermaid necklace with a blueish color teardrop gem. The mermaid was wrapped around the gem protecting it. He saw that the price tag was sixty dollars written on it.

He had to have that necklace. He looks at the old lady behind the counter “ma’am, I would like to buy these clothes and that necklace.”

“So, Delphine has caught your attention.” Mary opens the display case and brings the necklace out.

“Yes, she has. What type of the gem is that? I’ve never seen it before.” Percy was curious.

“That young man is called Grandidierite and it is an extremely rare gemstone.” Mary holds the necklace up to the light.

“So pretty.” Percy liked the necklace.

“Alright, if you still want it, I’ll ring you up.” Mary enters the code for the necklace.

Percy watches as the old woman rings all his purchases up. The total came to one hundred dollars even.

“Well, that does it for my free money.” Percy hands his card over to the woman.

Mary accepts it and runs it through the card reader. After a few seconds, a receipt starts printing out. “Here you go, young man.” As she hands the card back to Percy.

“Thank you, ma’am.” Percy puts the necklace on right away.

He liked the young mermaid woman and the unusual gemstone. It felt cool against his skin as he walks out of the thrift store with all his packages. He unlocks his bicycle and pedal home.

He tosses the clothes he bought into the washer and put the rest of his stuff upstairs in his bedroom. He grabs his laptop and goes back downstairs to the den to watch a movie and talk with his friends online.

Percy shows up early the next day at Cassy’s house. He puts his bicycle in the garage. Mr. Douglas didn’t mind him parking his bicycle in the garage when he came over to visit Cassy. He knocks on the door leading from the garage to the house.

Mrs. Douglas opens the door for him. A smile appears on her face as she looks at Percy. He was about her height.

“Come in, Percy.” She steps aside to let him into the house.

“Thank you, Mrs. Douglas.” Percy walks into the house.

“You know better than that, Percy. You know you have permission to call me Lucy.” Lucy shuts the garage door behind Percy.

“Sorry about that, Lucy.” Percy was doing what his mother taught him.

“It’s alright, Percy. Cassy is upstairs in her bedroom. You can go up and see here.” Lucy trusted Percy and Cassy. They were like sisters and brothers.

Percy walks upstairs towards Cassy’s bedroom. He knocks on her bedroom door, just in case she was naked.

“Enter.” Cassy was looking at her reflection in the mirror wearing a new swimsuit.

Percy walks in and notices Cassy wearing a new French cut bikini and a nice top. He had to admit it looked nice on her body.

“What do you think, Percy?” As she turns around to show off her figure.

“That’s cute and will turn some heads.” H liked how she looked.

“I just wished my tits were bigger. Did you know Beth’s breasts have increased in size since we have been in school?” Cassy looks directly at Percy.

“I haven’t noticed. I try to keep to myself after what happened last year.”

“I’m sorry you had to go through that. Someone needs to put Mark in a mental hospital. He’s got some serious anger issues.” Cassy has had a few run-ins with him and kneed him right in his family jewels.

“He needs to be locked up, so he can’t hurt anyone anymore.” Percy would love to see Mark in jail.

“One day he will be. This principle we have this year ain’t playing any games. He has cracked down on a lot of things Mr. Moore uses to let slide. He doesn’t even back down from Mark at all. Mr. Moore uses to back down, but not Mr. Snow.”

“I know. Now, where are these swimsuits you have laying around the house?” Percy wanted to see what Cassy had.

“Let me go and get them.” Cassy leaves her bedroom and heads downstairs to the closet where the spare suits were kept.

She grabs them and heads back upstairs to her bedroom. She spots Percy looking at some picture she had on her bulletin board.

“Here you go, Percy. One of these should fit you.” Cassy hands the swimsuits to Percy.

“Thanks.” He walks out of Cassy’s bedroom and towards the upstairs bathroom.

He looks through them and tries a few on. One was huge. The next one was loose on him. The first time he dived into the pool, they would come off. The rest were either too tight on him or not his size.

He walks back to Cassy’s bedroom with a disappointing look on his face. He looks at her “they don’t fit. They either are too tight and will show everything when they get wet or too big and will come off if I dive into the pool.”

“Even when you tied them with that string, thingy?” Cassy knew men's shorts had strings to tie them with.

“Yes, even with the string thingy.” Percy knew Cassy could be an airhead at times.

“Damn, that’s all the male swimsuits we have in storage.” Cassy sits down on her bed and looks at Percy.

“I guess, I won’t be able to join you and the others today.” He was looking forward to swimming and having fun with the other girls coming over.
He was the only guy because Cassy treated him like a little brother and they got along. They even had the same birthday.

Cassy looks at her dresser and an idea pop into her pretty little head. She had an old one-piece swimsuit Percy could wear. She was going to give it to the thrift store along with several other articles of clothing she had.

“I have an idea, but you might not like it.” Cassy turns her head to look at Percy.

“What are you thinking about, Cassy?” Percy looks at his best friend.

“I have a one-piece swimsuit that should fit you. You managed to wear the clothes I gave you for Halloween.”

“That was a dress and no one knew it was me. Hell, they all thought I was your cousin from out of town.” Percy remembers dressing up as a girl for Halloween.

“Come on, it will be fun and the only people that will know will be all the girls from the Mermaid club.”

“The mermaid club is coming here?”

“Yep, my cousin Angela is bringing all the girls from the mermaid club over for some fun. Come on, you’ll have fun and no one will know.” Cassy watches Percy’s face.

“What do we do with Mr. Winky?” Percy looks at Cassy for an answer.

“We tuck him, of course. I watched a video on YouTube on how to do it.” Cassy had been curious how men managed to look like girls.

“I don’t know. What will your mother and father think?”

“They won’t care and I’ll explain the situation to them. Now, do you want to do it or not?” Cassy was ready to get started.

“Alright, let's do it.” Percy was finally going to see what it felt like to disguise himself again like a girl.

Cassy finds her old swimsuit, which was aqua blue, and loaded up the video to tuck. When Cassy went to help Percy tuck his penis, she was amazed at how small it was. She looks up at him “is it always this small?”

“Unfortunately, yes. You wouldn’t believe the teasing I get in the locker room over it.” Percy felt embarrassed about it.

“Well, at least it will be easy to secure.” Cassy uses some medical tape and a foot stocking to secure it. This way, if Percy had to pee, he could pee through the stocking.

She gives Percy a razor blade “go take a shower and shave your armpits and legs. Also, trim around your groin area as well.”

“Alright.” Percy walks into the bathroom and takes a shower.

While he is taking a shower, he uses some shaving cream Cassy uses and shaves the areas she told him to. When he checks to see if he had missed anything. He hadn’t and it felt weird having his skin feel this smooth.

Percy walks back into Cassy’s bedroom and put the swimsuit on. It fit him perfectly and showed off his hips.

“That’s a pretty necklace.” Cassy spotted the necklace Percy bought yesterday around his neck.

“Thanks, I got it at the thrift store yesterday.”

“Well, I like it.” She steps close to Percy to check him over.

She couldn’t find anything out of place. He looked like a flat-chested teenage girl.

“You look good, sis. Let’s go have some fun.” Cassy grabs her pool bag and heads downstairs.

Percy follows behind Cassy and copies how she was walking. He waves to Lucy as the two of them walk out onto the back patio. They claim two loungers near each other.

After a while, the other girls show up. Cassy introduces Percy to them. Her cousin looks at Percy and no way was he a boy. He might be flat-chested, but he looked like a girl.

“There is no way, that is a boy.” Angela watches as Percy walks to the pool and gets in.

“That’s a boy, I swear by it.” Cassy was watching Percy as he interacted with the others.

“I still don’t believe it, cousin.” Angela had to admit, Percy looked cute. She also noticed the necklace around Percy’s neck and thought it was cute.

“Well, you should offer that position you have open on the performance team to Percy. He’s on the swim team at school and would make a great addition to your team. On top of that, he likes mermaids.” Cassy knew Percy liked mermaids a lot.

“How long have you known him?” Angela has met Percy a few times, but that was all.

“Were the same age and born on the same day. I’ve known him most of my life.” Cassy watches Percy interact with the other mermaids.

“I’ll think about it. Let’s go and have some fun.” Angela races Cassy to the pool.

Lucy and her husband David watch as the girls play in the backyard in the pool. They both couldn’t get over how Percy looked dressed in a girl’s swimsuit.

“I wonder if Percy’s parents know what he looks like, dressed as he is.”

“I doubt it. From what I have seen from Mr. Blonsky. Unless Percy was winning a bodybuilding contest or was built like his brothers. He could care less. It’s too bad too because Percy is a good kid.” David watches as Percy plays in the pool.

Lucy and David watch for a while and head back into the kitchen or living room. David checks the stock market and Lucy orders some pizzas for the girls. She also makes a huge salad as well.

Monday At School:
Percy couldn’t believe the sunburn he has on his body. It left tan marks on his skin where the straps were from the swimsuit. The thing was, he enjoyed himself. He was invited to come to the museum and try out for the open mermaid position. Angela said she wasn’t going to favor him. He’ll have to perform and do a couple of tricks to earn his place.

While heading to the lunch room, he is bumped by Mark. He stops and turns around to face Mark “sorry for bumping you.”

An evil grin appears on Mark’s face as he looks at Percy “just the wuss I was looking for.”

“Go away, Mark. No one is in the mood for your antics today.” Percy has had enough of Mark’s harassment.

“What did you say, you little twerp?” Mark grabs the front of Percy’s shirt.

“Mark Hogan, my office now.” Vice-Principal Harris had seen Mark Hogan grab the front of Percy Blonsky’s shirt in a threatening manner.

“You’re going to get yours, punk.” Mark walks toward the Vice-Principal and follows her to her office.

Mark’s friend disperses and heads their separate way, but gives Percy the stink eye. Percy watches as everyone leaves. He was lucky that Mrs. Harris had been patrolling the Hallway. He walks into the cafeteria and spots Cassy and some of the mermaids. He walks over to their table “can I join you, ladies?”

“Of course, Percy.” Cassy wonders how Percy was doing after yesterday. She saw how red he got.

“Thanks.” He sits down next to Lisa.

He takes out a chicken strip salad he made last night before he went to bed. He notices that all the mermaids were dressed nicely and were nice looking shoes.

“Did you have fun yesterday, Percy?” Maria looks at Percy and still couldn’t tell he was a boy. He had that type of look that made him look like a girl.

“I enjoyed myself immensely. I haven’t had that much fun in a long time.” Percy pours some salad dressing onto his salad.

“How is your sunburn?” Cassy was concerned about her friend.

“It’s okay. I put some raw aloe vera on it this morning.”

“Raw? As from a plant?” Betty hadn’t ever heard of anyone doing that before.

“Yep, as from a plant. If there is one thing my family knows, is treating sunburns from being out on the ocean all the time.”

“Speaking of your family. Have you told them you are applying to join the Mermaid Club?” Cassy wonders what they think of Percy dressing like a girl.

“No, I haven’t told them yet. I was thinking I would after I was accepted.” Percy hasn’t even told them about the fact he likes wearing girls’ clothes yet.

“Don’t forget, several other girls are applying for the position as well.” Tammy looks at Percy.

“I promise to do my best. By the way, what are the requirements to join the club?” Percy never did ask.

“Well, first, you must be a girl to join.”

“But I’m not a girl?” Percy looks at all the mermaids sitting at the table.

“After what we saw yesterday, Percy. There is a girl inside of you dying to get out.” April smiles at Percy.

“Okay.”

“Secondly, you must be able to swim and we all know you can do that. Thirdly, you must be sponsored either by a current member of the club or by a former member in good standing.”

“What do you mean by in good standing?” Percy was curious.

“Meaning someone who still helps out with all the events that mermaids take part in. We don’t just put on shows at the museum. We have duties outside of the pool that we take part in.”

“What are they?” Percy knew the mermaids did a lot of things, but he never knew what they did.

“You’ll find out if you win the open spot.” Tammy hopes Percy does get it.

For the rest of lunch, the girls talk about an event that was coming up. They had several things they needed to do and who was going to represent them. Percy listens to the girls as they talk. When the bell rings letting them know, that lunch was over. He heads toward his next class.

As he is walking towards his class, he gets kicked hard in his ass, several times. Every time he turns around, he gets kicked by one of Mark’s friends.

“Stop it!”

“Hey, we’re only doing what the sign says on your back.” A smirk appears on Paul’s face.

“Get lost, creeps.” Tammy, Cassy, and Maria surround Percy and snatch the sign off Percy’s back.

“Make us.” Eddy gets in Tammy’s face.

“They don’t have to, Paul. That’s our job.” Frank, Andrew, Mark E., and Bruce all surround Paul, Eddy, Terry, and Scott.

“He’s not a mermaid. So, get lost.” Paul steps close to Andrew.

“The girls are and if they want to protect someone. That means you have to go through us. Now get, before we put all of you in the hospital in a body cast.” Andrew knew Mark’s friends were no match for him and his friends from the wrestling team.

A few other members of the wrestling team saw what was going on and walked over. Rule one for them was to protect the mermaids and if the mermaids were protecting someone. They got protected as well.

“Paul, we better get.” Scott saw the other wrestling members.

“You better listen to your friend, Paul.” Andrew wanted to make sure Paul leave.

Paul looks at the other members as they walk towards them. There was no way he or his friends could take them on.

“Let’s go, guys.” Paul turns to go.

Just before they walk away. Terry looks at Percy “you’ll get yours, wuss.”

“What did you say, Terry?” Mark E. steps in front of Terry.

Terry looks at Mark E. “nothing concerning you or the wrestling team.”

“Wrong, Terry. You lay one hand on that girl and I’ll break your back. Now, get.” Mark E. didn’t like guys that hurt girls.

“Thank you.” Percy looks at everyone.

“You’re welcome. Now let’s get to class.” Tammy makes sure Percy gets to class. All of the wrestling teams make sure the girls and their friends get to class safely.

The Day of The Tryout:
Percy couldn’t believe he was wearing Cassy’s swimsuit again and a swimmer's cap. He and the other girls were in the water and were being tested. A mermaid would show them an activity and they had to copy it. Also, they were being tested on how long they could hold their breath underwater.

The testing takes thirty minutes and it comes down to him and a girl named Lilly. Which means the other members had to decide. While Percy and Lilly were waiting to hear from the other mermaids, Lilly looks at Percy “that’s a nice necklace.”

“Thanks, I found it at a thrift store.” Percy had worn his mermaid necklace.

“Is it made of silver?” Lilly loved how the necklace was made.

“Yes, and the gemstone is a very rare one. I can’t remember what type it is.” Percy rubs the gemstone.

All the girls walk over to Percy and Lilly and look at them. Tammy and Maria look at each other and nod.

“This is a first for us. Never in mermaid history has there been a tie in selecting a new member. So, we have decided that both of you are allowed to join us. Congratulations!”

All the mermaids walk over and hug each one of them. Cassy whispers into Percy’s ear “I need to talk with you later.”

“Alright.” Percy wonders why Cassy needs to talk to him.

Later On, that Night:
Cassy looks at Percy as they sat in her bedroom. She hopes Percy takes the condition the girls said Percy has to do.

“Percy, I don’t know how you will handle this, but one of the conditions the other girls are insisting on of your membership. You’ll have to step up how you dress. The girls want you to dress like the other girls in school do. I don’t know how your parents are going to handle this, but everyone thinks you’re a girl.”

Percy was stunned when Cassy tells him that. He didn’t know how his friends were going to handle him dressing as a girl or his stuck-up brothers either.

“If I don’t will, I lose my membership?” Percy didn’t want to lose his position among the mermaids.

“Yes, and that means every person in school will know. Because starting tomorrow at assembly. All the kids in school will know who the new members are.”

“Okay. Let me talk with my parents.” Percy wonders how he should approach them.

There’s a knock on Cassy’s bedroom door. Cassy’s mother sticks her head into the bedroom “Percy you need to get home quickly. Your mother called and said your brother is in the hospital and she wants to talk with you before leaving to be with him.”

“Alright, thanks, Lucy.” Percy turns to leave.

“Call me later, Percy.”

“I will as he leaves.”

The story will continue in The Mermaid’s

up
142 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I'm interested.

Samantha Heart's picture

I wonder what happened to put Percy's brother in the hospital and I THINK I KNOW what mom want to talk about he'll have to step up & take his brother's place on the boat. Which will NOT set well with the other 2 brothers. Nor will him making the mermaid club set well with them either. Things are JUST about to get more complicated for Percy. Poor girl doesn't stand. A CHANCE Something magical I feel is about to happen to Percy. Something about that neckless & how he keeps rubbing the gem stone ... Something tells me it's more special than anyone realizes.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.