Daughter Of The Wolf Part 6

Printer-friendly version

Amy examines the weapons she found and wonders how long they have been inside the cave. She sniff’s the air and picks up Dan’s scent as he comes into her cave.

“Hi, Dan.” Amy smiles at him as he enters the main area of her cave.

“Hey, Amy. What do you have there?” Dan walks over to where Amy was sitting.

“Dad wanted me to have these weapons, but they look like they need some work.” Amy watches Dan as he sits down where she is and looks over the weapon.

Dan lets out a whistle as he looks at the old weapons. He carefully picks them up and makes sure they were empty. He couldn’t believe he was holding an 1860s Army Peacemaker. He knew they were .44 caliber. He examines the 1866 .44 caliber Winchester rifle. It had some markings on it, but it was going to need to be clean and checked out.

“You know Amy, there are some gun collectors that would love to buy these guns off you.” Dan looks at Amy.

“I can’t sell them. They belonged to a cowboy who saved one of dad’s daughters and grandchild.” Amy runs her fingertips along the barrels of the handgun and rifle.

“Well, I know a gunsmith that can be trusted. He’ll take real good care of these guns and make sure they can still be used.”

“Can he do something with these?” Amy puts the gun holsters on top of the weapons.

“No, but I know a leather expert and I’ll have him look them over and fix anything wrong and have him also make you a newer version of them as
well.” Dan knew Claire makes some of the best leather gear. She learned the trade from her grandfather.

“Thanks, Dan.”

“You’re welcome, Amy. Now, this is the plan for the next few weeks. We are camping, but this trip will be a training session for you.” Dan figured Amy needs to learn how to survive in the woods.

“Does dad know about this?” Amy wanted to make sure her father was okay with this.

“Yes, so I want you to pack up some clothes for two weeks. Don’t worry about your cave. It will be taken care of for you.”

“Okay.” Amy goes about packing up a few pants, her custom boots, her knife, water skin, and a few other items she figures she’ll need.

By the time everything was packed into a backpack Dan had given her. She makes sure all her other stuff was safe. She leaves some food out for the birds that watch over her. She turns and looks at Dan “I’m ready.”

“Okay, let’s go.” Dan leads Amy out of the cave and towards his truck.

“Dan, won’t people recognize me?” Amy puts her backpack in the back of Dan’s truck.

“No, you look more Native American now. No one will recognize you at all.” Dan carries the weapons out along with the holsters as well.

He carefully loads them in the back of his truck and wraps them up. He puts Amy’s backpack on top of them.

“Let’s go and drop your weapons off first. Afterward, we’ll start our trip.”

“Won’t your wife miss you?” Amy looks at Dan before she gets into the truck.

“She already knows about us, going camping.” Dan gets in on the driver's side of the truck.

Amy gets in and fastens the seat belt. She was feeling excited and couldn’t wait to see where they were going.

“How long will it take us to get to our campsite?” Amy looks toward Dan as he starts the truck up.

“Oh, about eight hours or so.” Dan starts the truck up and heads towards his gunsmith friend's place first.

Amy watches as Dan drives them to the gunsmith. When they arrive at the gunsmith shop. She watches Dan collect the guns from the back of the truck and take them inside the building.

She sits there in the truck and watches everything going on around her.

This is the first time since she was kidnapped and experimented on that she has been away from her cave. She hopes her father doesn’t mind her going somewhere else. She looks at the old watch Dan gave her. So, far he has been inside the shop for ten minutes.

After twenty minutes, Dan comes walking out and gets into the truck. He turns and looks at Amy “my friend said, the guns will be ready by the time we get back from our camping trip. He’s going to contact the young lady I know that does leather work and she’ll work come by and work on your holsters.”

“Cool, so where are we heading off to?” Amy was curious.

“Ozark National Forest, Arkansas.” Dan puts the truck into gear and starts driving.

“Okay. I have no idea where that is, but this should be fun.” Amy was curious.

“You’ll say that now.” A smirk appears on Dan’s face.

“I don’t care if this is more training.” Amy was looking forward to spending time somewhere else for a while.

“Good, because you will have a lot of fun.” Dan had the whole two weeks planned out for them.

After four hours, Dan stops at a restaurant on route to get some lunch. The place wasn’t very big and looked to be owned by a family.

“This should be good.” Amy was glad she didn’t have to go out and hunt her food down.

“I’ve been here before. I think you’ll like it.” Dan holds the front door open for Amy.

“Thank you, kind sir.” Amy walks inside the restaurant

She noticed how busy the place was. Also, the aroma drifting around in the air smelled so good. Her enhanced senses were allowing her to hear, smell, and see everything going on around her.

“Hi, my name is Diani. How many are in your party?” Diani looks at the older Native American gentleman and the young girl standing near him.

“It’s just the two of us, Diani.” Dan smiles at the middle-aged woman.

“Alright, if you’ll follow me. I’ll show you to a table.” Diani grabs two menus and escorts Dan and Amy over to a table near the front windows.

“Here we go.” As Diani places the menus on the table.

“Your server will be with you in a minute.” Diani smiles at Dan and Amy.

“Thank you, Diani.” Dan sits down at the table and starts reading the menu.

Amy sits down and looks at the menu as well. She already knew she wanted a Pepsi to drink. She looks at Dan “what are you going to get to drink?”

“Coffee.” Dan only drank coffee, ice tea, or water. He wasn’t a soda person.

A young woman shows up at their table after a few minutes. Her hair was cut short and it was black. She looked to be in her late twenties, or early thirties. She places their drinks on the table in front of them.

Afterward, she looks at Dan first “what would you like to order, sir?”

“I’ll have your patty melt with home fries.”

The woman writes the order down “and you, ma’am?” as she looks at Amy.

“I’ll try your meatloaf with Brussel sprouts and macaroni and cheese.” Amy hands her men to the young woman.

The young woman accepts the menu. She smiles at them as she walks off to have their meals prepared. Amy watches as she walks off towards the kitchen.

up
160 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Amy may like what is to come

Samantha Heart's picture

This new training area will be diffrent for Amy what Dan has in store for her is well I guess We'll find out next chapter or so.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.