Carla and Angela Part 6

Printer-friendly version

“I can’t believe you traded down from your Hellcat to this car.” Autumn looks at the inside of the Hyundai Sonata GLS they had gotten.

“My Hellcat sticks out and would have been spotted if I used it to stake out your father. This car blends in better and is low-key.” Carla was happy that Terry had several cars she could use for surveillance work.

“But I thought you just got your Hellcat?” Autumn was confused.

“I did, I just need a car that won’t get spotted.” Carla was thankful Terry could help her out.

“That’s understandable, but it’s a waste of time going after my father.” Autumn knew her father could make life difficult for anyone that went after him.

“Autumn, there’s one thing you’re going to learn about me. I don’t give up on anyone, no matter how powerful they are or who they are.” Carla never let anyone, no matter who they were threaten or frighten her from doing what is right.

“Your funeral.” Autumn wonders what drives a person like Carla.

She tunes the radio of the car to a radio station she likes listening to. She sits back in the passenger seat as they drove towards the building Carla and her wife lived in. She watches as Carla drives down to the underground parking garage and parks.

Just as Carla turns the car off, her cellphone beeps, letting her know a text arrived. Carla looks at it and a smile appears on her face. She opens the driver's side and gets out.

Autumn heard Carla’s cellphone peep. She watches as Carla looks at her cellphone and as a smile appears on her face.

“Good news?” As Autumn exits from the car on the passenger side.

“Yes.” Carla received a message from Rita, letting her know she was taking the job.

They take the private elevator to the floor owned by Carla. Both women had all the packages of clothes, shoes, and other items they purchased for Autumn. Once the elevator stops on the floor Carla lived on.

“Why don’t you put away your clothes, while I go and get dinner started.” Carla had noticed what time it was and knew her wife would be home soon.

“Okay, I’ll come out and help you after I’m done.” Autumn takes everything the bedroom she is sleeping in.

Carla links her cellphone with the Bluetooth speaker and plays one of her favorite playlists. Rita managed to find out which cleaning service took care of the office building Autumn’s father owned. She also got the location where Autumn’s father lived as well.

The guy was like Donald Trump and lived in one of his expensive buildings. Getting in through the front door will be impossible, but she could do it. She gets the roast out of the refrigerator and adds seasons to it. She cuts up some potatoes, carrots, and adds some wine, after pouring herself some.

The oven was already set as she opens it and put the pan inside to cut. She closes it as she sets the timer for the meat. As Carla is looking in the pantry, for the sides she was going to make. She decides to pull the frozen brussels sprouts in the deep freezer and grabs a bag of potatoes to start skinning and cutting up into cubes.

Late Afternoon Greyhound Bus Station:
Stacy watches as the greyhound bus she was on pulls into the parking stall. She grabs her backpack and gets off the bus. Since the only thing she had on her, was her backpack. She doesn’t bother to go inside the station itself.

She walks around towards the front of the bus station and spots several taxi cabs waiting out front. She walks towards the first one in and gets in.

Raul was the first cab in line when he spots a young woman with long silvery color hair approach his cab. She was dressed all in black western clothing and was wearing a black cowboy hat that had a black band going around the brim of the hat. In the middle of the black band was a silver skull with shiny ruby eyes. She had a pair of silver skulls hanging from her earlobes and a western cowboy skull pendant hanging around her neck. The skull was wearing a cowboy hat with two six-shooters behind it. In the middle of the cowboy hat were a set of spades playing cards.

He watches as she gets into the back of his cab.

“Where too, ma’am.” Raul looks at the young woman in his rearview mirror.

“The nearest decent hotel, please.” Stacy looks at Raul’s reflection in the mirror.

“Yes ma’am.” Raul turns back around and drives towards the Marriott Bonvoy.

Stacy watches as the cab driver passes shops, restaurants, and office buildings. She couldn’t believe how many people were out walking around. She has never seen so many people of different races in one place.

She feels a low tingling sensation at the base of her skull as she continues to watch those people. The tingling sensation was very low and not urgent. Which was good because all she wanted to do was kill the person she had been sent to kill.

After a while, the taxi pulls in front of the Marriott Bonvoy. The cab driver turns around to look at the young lady “that will be six dollars and forty-five cents, ma’am.”

Stacy reaches into the front pocket of her backpack and pulls a twenty-dollar bill out and hands it to the driver.

“Keep the change.” Stacy hands the bill over to Raul.

“Thank you.” Raul accepts the money.

Stacy gets out of the cab and walks into the lobby of the Marriott. She walks up to the reception desk. She noticed that there are three women behind the desk. One woman was older than the other two.

Hailey notices the silver hair woman as she approaches the desk. She noticed the woman was in black western clothing and a cowboy hat. She watches as the woman stops at the desk.

“I would like a room for two weeks.” Stacy looks at the young woman with a Marriott name tag. The name craved into the name tag was Hailey.

“Would you like an ordinary suite or one with a kitchenette?” Hailey looks at the woman and notices how her eyes were red.

She also notices the silver skulls hanging from her earlobes. Both skulls had red eyes as well.

“An ordinary suite will be fine. Also, I would like one with a Queen size bed as well.” Stacy figures while she was here, she might as well enjoy herself.

It was rare for her to stay at such a nice place. She watches as the young woman looks at her monitor.

“I have one available.” Hailey looks at the woman.

“How much?”

“Two thousand, twenty-six dollars and fifty-six cents.” Hailey watches the woman’s reaction but doesn’t notice any reaction from her.

Stacy pulls a black credit card out of her back pocket and hands it to Hailey. She watches as Hailey runs the card. A smile appears on her face at the reaction that forms on Hailey’s face.

Hailey accepts the black card and runs it. She’s only seen a few cards like this one before. She figured that it must be stolen. She waits for the okay from the credit company. She is surprised when the authorization appears.

“Here you go, Mrs. Nyx.” Hailey hands the credit card back.

Stacy accepts it and puts it in her back pocket. She continues to watch as Hailey programs her a room card.

“Here you go, Mrs. Nyx. I have given you room 505.” Hailey places the card into Stacy’s hand.

“Thank you.” Stacy accepts it and walks toward the elevators.

She gets into the elevator along with two other couples. The elevator stops on the third floor, first and then on the fourth floor next and finally on the fifth floor. When the elevator stops and opens, she exits from it. She notices the sign pointing down the hallway.

She walks down the hallway and spots her room on the right-hand side. She uses the room card to open the door and walk inside. Once she is inside the room, she places her backpack on the luggage stand and starts unpacking her guns and a few other things.

up
120 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Trouble

Samantha Heart's picture

I smell trouble brewing & I THINK it might be one of 3: Angila, Carla or her wife. Something is DEFFENTLY brewing an ill wind

Love Samantha Renée Heart.