Carla and Angela Part 3

Printer-friendly version

White Elephant Recycle Electronics, Utica Ave Brooklyn, NY.:
“Hey Rita, how much do you want for this old dinosaur computer?” Edward holds the old thing up.

Rita looks at the old portable computer. It had two old-style floppy drives and the old-style amber screen built into it. The thing was only good for running programs on the old-style floppy disk.

“Fifty dollars. I have the disk that goes with it. I’ll give them to you for nothing.” Rita knew the machine still work.

“Forty dollars.” Edward looks at Rita to see if she’ll give.

“Alright, forty dollars, but next time you’ll pay full price on your next item.” Rita knew Edward was good for it.

“Fine with me.” Edward walks towards the front to check out.

Rita rings the cost of the computer unit up. She also grabs all the disk that came with it from the cabinet and place them on top of the unit.

“Here you go. All the disks that go to this unit.” Rita hands the disks to Edward.

“Thanks.” Edward hands over the forty dollars to Rita.

Rita puts the money into the old fashion cash register. She loved selling recycled stuff when she wasn’t surveilling people. She spots Carla walking into her shop. She watches as Carla walks over to the counter she was standing behind. She notices Carla looked different and shorter.

“You have changed. What happened to you?” Rita was curious how Carla changed so much.

“I took some of those blue pills that turn men into women.” Carla knew Rita would have heard about those pills.

“Ah! That explains everything, now. So, now you have a job for me?” A smile appears on Rita’s face.

“Yes, is there someplace we can talk without people overhearing us?” Carla noticed the store had at least eight people in it, looking at various electronics and such.

“Yeah, let me get my new assistant up here to cover the register.” Rita turns around and heads towards the warehouse.

She was looking for Amy. She knew she was back here somewhere.

“Ouch!” Amy sticks her finger in her mouth and sucks on it.

“Cut yourself again?” Rita knew Amy had a bad habit of cutting her fingers.

“Yeah. I was trying to pull this module out of this damn unit.” Amy kicks the unit she had been stripping parts out of.

Rita just smirks at Amy’s childish antics. The poor girl was a freaking genius but lacked certain social skills.

“I need for you to come upfront and cover the counter for me, while I’m in my office.”

Amy knew it was rare for Rita to ask her to cover the front of the store. She looks at Rita “are you sure you want me to cover the counter?”

“Yes, I’m sure. You know what everything costs and I trust you. Now, come along with me.” Rita turns to head back towards the counter.

Carla looks at some of the things out for sale. Some of the items were standard items you can find anywhere. The other items were custom-made and they were made into weird sci-fi items. Some of the items you could tell were certain shows.

Other items look like Rita refurbished or repaired that she was selling. Some of the items were from the military and some were items that people either gave away or tossed out. She stops to look at some clocks that were made from old fashion television tubes. Whoever built the clocks did a good job on them.

After a while, Rita comes walking back up from the warehouse. Walking behind her, was a young woman with weird short emo hair colored hair. She was wearing a Josie and the Pussycats t-shirt. Not the new one which was a live-action movie, but one of the originals with the girls dressed in the cheetah leotards.

“Amy, this is my friend Carla. Carla, this is my new employee Amy. I’ve taken her under my wing.”

Amy shakes Carla’s hand “it’s nice to meant you, Carla.”

“And you as well, Amy. You couldn’t ask for a better teacher.” Carla knew Rita knew a lot of stuff. She was good at a lot of things.

“I’m hoping to learn a lot from Rita.” Amy spots a customer walking towards them.

Rita spotted a customer walking towards the counter “Amy, why don’t you go and check that person out.”

“No problem, boss.” Amy turns and walks off.

“Let’s go and talk about this job you have for me.” Rita walks towards her office.

Carla follows behind Rita towards Rita's office.

up
109 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I wonde...

Samantha Heart's picture

I wonder whats going on now what this job is.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.