Nowhere To Go... But Here - Chapter 12: What Can We Do?

Printer-friendly version

Chapter Twelve
What Can We Do?

As I type on the computer in the computer lab of my school, I notice the news Google was showing. The main headline about a War on Earth. I didn't even know that war was going on. I read that Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and even China were evading countries. The United States, Japan and Korea, including England and Scotland, were in the battle to keep peace in the world. Israel, which borders Iraq and Saudi Arabia, is the country that was hit the worst.
"So World War Three has started on Earth," I thought. I was glad I was on Saclaurilia. It would be frightening to be on Earth right now because of the war, and I would have been in the war once I turned 18 if the world was still around.
I wonder about my old friends. They must be worried or something. I also wonder if they are talking about me. I was in the news with my sister when we were taken here.

~o~O~o~

"Why didn't you tell me Earth was at war?" I asked mom when we were sitting for dinner.

"I didn't think it was important," Megan said as she brought in the salad from the kitchen. "We're not on Earth anymore."

"Terra," Dad corrected us.

I keep forgetting that Terra is the correct name for what we called Earth. Because Earth is the ground, not the planet.

I pour a cup of milk and sit down at the table with Mikayla. I always wonder why the milk is blue and not white. It reminded me of the milk from the movie Star Wars. But our milk is from the Stipolod, and not a Bantha, like Luke had to drink from.
I put down some milk to the cat Mikayla had before we left Terra. We hadn't seen her for a few weeks after we got her. The reason was because she was still in our house. Mom had found her, and she ended up coming with mom when she was brought here.
I was worried she would have been the only cat on this planet, until we found her sleeping in the closet after she gave birth to kittens. Since cats have never been on this planet, they would be the only cat species around.
So instead of spaying and neutering the cats, we have decided to let them reproduce so they don't suddenly go extinct.
Who knows if the animals on Terra will still be alive or end up being the last of their species as well.

~o~O~o~

After dinner, Mikayla and I were sitting on the couch watching a movie, as Mom and Dad sat in another room drinking some wine made from Kitawa. Kitawa is a local plant from Saclaurilia that is comparable to the grape. It's a bit more tarty than a grape, but it still tasted good. I just wonder what wine tasted like. I never even tried wine made from grapes.

Berries on this planet are very delicious and unusual. Not all of them are made here. Some came from our neighboring planets, and a few from Terra as well.

The movie we watched was about a puppet that hates everyone. He was selfish and never shared. When he was sent to a boarding school, he would cause mischief.

"Courtney!" Mom called from the other room. "You have a phone call."
I got up off the couch to get the phone. "Hi Brianna," I say. I listen to what she was talking about. "Yes, I'd love to go." I glanced over at my parents. "Can I play laser tag with Brianna?" I asked them hoping they would say yes.

"Well," Mom glanced over at Dad and then back at me. "You are only nine years old."
"Mom, I'm was almost thirteen, and even if I am nine now, Brianna's father said he would be with us the whole time."

"Well..." she hesitated.

Dad knew I wouldn't get into much trouble. "Just let her go."

"Okay, you can go," I cheered. Mikayla wanted to go to, which was okay. The more people on our team, the better the laser tag is.

~o~O~o~

ZAP!
I jump. I almost got hit. Better pay more attention next time.
I turn a corner in the arena and notice a girl. She looked ready, and was aiming right at me when I roll into cover, and quickly shot her with a blue laser.
I heard beams flying everywhere, and heard some of them land on people. "This match is intense!" I thought.

I peeked over the corner, and shot a metal rod sitting in the middle of the sky. It bounced around everywhere, dodging it when it came right at me, until it shot another girl who wasn't paying attention. She screamed, which made me giggle, moving on to find more cover.
Within the hour, I dodged beam after beam, flying over my head, and missing them, but the lasers ended up getting someone else on my team. I was getting exhausted. I shot a boy and rolled over into cover.
I gazed at the scoreboard to see how many were remaining. Blue: 2 Red: 8. We were getting hammered!" I cry.
Mikayla was out of the game ten minutes ago. I watched her get hit. She tried her best and was now watching as I played my part. Brianna was the only other player still existing on my team.

"Looks like we'll need a miracle to win this game..." I sighed as I got up. Sprinting around, I heard a laser blast. I looked behind me, and dodged red beams, left and right, jumping up and down and ducking.
I heard a slight buzz and looked up to see what it was. I saw a bright red light coming closer.
I ducked as several light beams whizzed past my head. I returned fire and managed to shoot one person, who lazily walked off the grounds. I ran to cover with Brianna, who was so scared she almost shot me!
I kept running, and running, looking for cover, until I couldn't take it anymore. I waited for them to come, and when they came, I quickly fired at them. As they did the same, I jumped, ducked and dodged, as they simply moved their head while shooting. I was panting intensely.

I shot at a metal rod, and heard what sounded like a girl's scream run away from me. I had delayed them for now, but wished I hit her. I ran to the end of the laser tag room, and sat down and stared at the game time. One minute left.

I took a breather. But after ten seconds, three kids were nearing me. I knew I wasn't going to win this game, so I figured I would just have to hide from them instead.
They neared closer, and closer. My heart started beating faster, and faster. I fire ten shots at a nearby metal rod, and three shots straight towards them. They were dodging, but they were still near me. Ten red beams flew towards me in every direction. I tried to shoot, but was too afraid to make a terrible mistake. I dodged beams, but was exhausted, and fell down panting.
"She's tired." A boy said, running at me.
"I guess this is it." I cried.

BUZZ

He almost pulled the trigger. So glad for the buzzer.

"Game over. Blue Team: 1, Red Team: 7. Red team is the winner. Please head to the Lazer Gun room to unpack your gear. Have a nice evening." The referee announced.
The Red team member that was about to shoot me moaned as he went to the door. I had survived, but didn't win the game. I still had fun.

~o~O~o~

After the game, we ended up at a local ice cream shop and got a cone for all of us.
Even though this planet is healthy, we still get to treat ourselves once in a while. I ended up getting a faylag flavored ice cream cone. Faylag is a berry that came from planet ChiChi. It tasted okay to me. I would have preferred strawberry or chocolate, but they don't have those here.

Brianna and Mikayla had a Kitawa flavored cone.

When we got home, we ended up going to bed. playing that game was exhausting, but I was so overjoyed to play a game almost like what we had on Earth... I mean Terra.

up
31 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos