The Surgeon's Lodger Part 13

Printer-friendly version

Michelle grew more nervous as the weekend approached. Sam assured her his sister was a nice person. She was very popular at Royal Infirmary hospital in Edinburgh. She worked in the psychology department.

Michelle still thought is was a big step, meeting the family. She knew all girlfriends and boyfriends go through this, but it was a first for her. What if Suzi thought she wasn't good enough for her little brother?

When Friday came, she made an extra effort. She hoovered the spare room for the fifth time that week , then decided to bake a cake. As she moved about the kitchen mixing the ingredients she felt a lovely sense of peace and purpose. Standing there in her apron she thought that if this sort of activity was going to part of her everyday life she would enjoy it.

She just finished decorating the cake with sliced strawberries and whipped cream when she heard the front door open.

"I'm back babe."

She dried her hands on the apron and took it off. Sam had taken his sisters coat and invited her into the living room. Suzi was an attractive brown haired woman. Her crimped, kinky hair fell down just passed her shoulders. She was dress in a peasant blouse and a floaty calf length flowery skirt. She looked a cross between a peasant girl and a gypsy. Michelle felt jealous of her style. She exuded an air of friendliness and strong powerful femininity.

"Oh hi, you must be the woman my brother has been telling me about, all the way up the A10 from London."

Michelle went to offer her hand, but Suzi went straight in for a hug. She couldn't remember the last time a woman had hugged her. She enjoyed the firm sweet smelling embrace of the confident woman.

"I love your perfume Michelle, what is it?"

"Oh it's Charlie, Sam got it for me. I know it's old fashion now, but we both love it."

Michelle couldn't believe she was just having "girl talk" with her. It was just like she didn't know or didn't care what was under her dress.

"Put the kettle on Sam, I want to get to know the foxy lady that has won my brothers heart."

"No, Sam I'll do it. I've made a cake."

"I wondered what that wonderful smell was. I'll do it, I'd love to pamper my two favorite ladies."

As Sam busied himself in the kitchen, the ladies talked. Suzi told Michelle of her work as a psychologist, and how she loved Scotland. No mention was made about Michelle being a male. Sam must have told her, Michelle thought.

As they drank tea and ate cake, Sam made approving noises.

"Michelle, you are a domestic goddess, this cake is excellent. If you keep making cakes like this I'm going to pile on the pounds."

He cut himself another thick slice. Michelle was thrilled with Sam's approval. She caught a glint in Suzi's eye.

"Do you know Michelle, Fat Sam, is a happy Sam. He always used to be a bit overweight. He lost a lot of weight when he was married to Fiona. He must be happy with you, he's filled out since I last saw him. That woman, I could write a book on her."

Sam shook his head and mumbled through a mouthful of cake and cream.

"Did she email you?"

"Yes, unpleasant bitch. I didn't care, I just wanted to meet the person she was so jealous of. The anti-Fiona."

"Well sis, what do you think."

"In the few moments I have know you Michelle, I think you're more of a woman than Fiona will ever be."

As Suzi went in for another hug, all of Michelle's fears melted away. She knew Sam loved her, but getting approval from another woman felt so affirming.

"I think we are going to be good friends Michelle, as long as you don't break my little brothers heart. I tried to warn him off Fiona, did he listen no. You know men though, always led by their dicks."

Michelle nearly chocked on her tea. She couldn't believe she had just said that about her brother. She wanted to reply, but didn't want to mention dicks. She thought as she still had one it would be inappropriate.

Suzi loved the old house. She had only visited the London flat once and she though it was soulless. Sam told her it had been furnished and decorated by Fiona, so it made sense. They decide to get a takeaway, and settled on Chinese food. Sam said he would walk to try and burn off the three slices of cake he had gorged on.

After he left Suzi asked to speak to Michelle.

"Michelle tell me of your background, don't think I'm judging you, I'd love to know what makes you, you. You must be something special, Sam couldn't stop talking about you.

Michelle poured her heart out about the crossdressing as a child, her mother, her abusive stepfather and how she always felt wrong pretending to be a man.

"Well Michelle, I think you have been crossdressing since you were born. You have been crossdressing as a boy , then a man. The girl and the woman in you had to come out. How do you feel since you came out to Sam."

"I won't lie, it has been hard to trust anyone. I nearly retreated into being unhappy, but safe Micheal a few times. Sam has been a rock. I have been happier these last few weeks than at any time in my life. "

"I honestly think you should take the next step and change you birth certificate and name to female. This would help you mentally to face the world as Michelle. No fears , no regrets. Michelle is here to stay."

"But you can't change a birth certificate. What about what I still have, you know my bits, down there "

"Michelle , gender is between your ears, not your legs. You can be recognized as woman without changing that. Don't believe all the rubbish you read in the press."

She took her laptop from her bag and showed Michelle it was possible.

If you want to change your gender status legally in the UK, you can apply to a Gender Recognition Panel (GRP) for a Gender Recognition Certificate (GRC). Once a GRC is made, your birth certificate will be re-issued confirming your true gender and new chosen name if relevant.

To grant a GRC, the panel must be satisfied that you:

Have or have had gender dysphoria; Have lived in your true gender for two years before you make your application; and intend to continue living in your true gender until your death.

You do not need to have had gender reassignment surgery.

You need to show that you have lived for two years in the gender you wish your birth certificate to reflect (not currently including non-binary identities). In practice the panel will usually require three or four items of evidence, which might include things like your passport, rent book, wage slips or benefit book if they show that you have been living in your true gender for two years.

You must also provide the panel with two medical reports to confirm you have or have had gender dysphoria. You will normally be expected to provide one from a registered medical practitioner or psychologist practicing in the field of gender dysphoria and one from your regular GP.

"The first thing you have to do is legally change your name. That part is easy. You pass very well so you shouldn't have problems with mush of the rest. I can't be your psychologist, but can recommend someone. You really need to talk to you G.P. at same stage. Have you thought about hormones?"

Michelle looked worried, She thought this is all happening so fast. Suzi picked up on it.

"Michelle, it's your life, just change your name and live as a woman. It's fine. I just think you would be happier with "Female" on your legal documents. There are some nasty people around that love to misgender trans people. It could happen if someone see's your I.D, I know you will have to jump through some hoops, but you don't have to have surgery in the U.K. to be legally recognised as a woman. "

"It's a lot to think about Suzi. I was considering breast enlargement a few days ago. I have been watching timeline videos of trans women on hormones. Some of the results are jaw dropping. I would like to consider it."

"Look, talk it over with Sam. You don't have to do much to get started. How far you want to go it's up to you."

"Thank you so much Suzi. You don't know how much you've helped me. It's my life, my body, my choice."

For the first time in her life, Michelle felt in control. She had a decision to make.

©Leeanna19 2022

up
164 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Support helps

BarbieLee's picture

Michelle now has two people who accept and support her. Life is moving ahead for her.
Hugs leeanna19
Barb
Life is a gift, treasure it.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

My body, my choice…….

D. Eden's picture

But is it really a choice? The only real choice for me was live as my true self, or die. Whether it was a fast self-imposed death, or a slow miserable death, it was going to happen.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Thanks for the comment. With

leeanna19's picture

Thanks for the comment. With Michelle, she wants to be a woman ( although what the definition of that is never going to be agreed on) but she is uneasy about surgery . She doesn't know how she feels about what's between her legs. She has the choice to carry on as she is, or to start the process of adapting her body to suit her chosen gender.

Real life is like that. There are some stunning trans ladies who don't even take hormones, there are some that even when they have had full surgery and been on hormones for years don't appear particularly feminine.

Michelle is on the lucky side of that line. When I was younger I always got comments about having a "baby face", negative for my esteem as a male, but the few times I ventured out, I needed very little makeup to pass.

I spoke to an admirer a week ago. He became that after he stopped dressing as he hated what he looked like dressed himself. He lives vicariously through others now.

cs7.jpg
Leeanna

Suzi

laika's picture

Suzi is as wonderfully accepting as I had hoped she'd be. When a female recognizes you as being just another girl that's a whole new kind of special; different than the love Sam has for her but just as amazing in its own way. To me there's something just so damn comfortable about the close friendships I've had with women, when there's no performance involved, no self-censorship to try to fit in with what I think guys expect of me. And maybe that's more about me & my dipshit dysphoria than the male friends I've had, but it's sure nice when all that awkwardness is just... gone.

I always pictured romantic love as being like like magnetic attraction, no doubt a powerful force but the connection of kinship has the strength of an atomic bond- if that makes sense to anyone but me. Though they've just met I'm hoping Suzi will be the kind of friend who will be there for Michelle and always have her back. And I'm hoping that with this new little family of choice being everything a family should be, Michelle's nightmare of a dad and the evil demon vulturess Fiona will fade into irrelevance...
~hugs, Veronica

Yep!

joannebarbarella's picture

Michelle now has the information and support that she needs for her new life.
Fuck Fiona (or be nasty and don't).

Finally, good support from another

Jamie Lee's picture

On their picnic they passed the elder couple who accepted Michelle as she appeared. In the shops, Michelle has been accepted for how she appears. Even Sam sees her only as Michelle, as does Suzi.

The person who is having trouble accepting her is herself. Tommy did such a number on her she's has a hard time believing who others see.

And there's no more chapters to read, rats.

Others have feelings too.